View Full Version : Bringing along teens that are not family..WOW..what great info I just found out

01-23-2004, 11:38 AM
I've just read from a response to a post I placed some very helpful advice. It seems that if your bring along other teens with you ( friends of your teens) that they will need a notarized letter from their parents with permission for leaving the country. IF their parents are divorced you will need a letter from both parents. Has anyone else ever had an experience with this...
Again this is my first cruise, and I would not want any problems,
I will MAKE SURE I have those letters! Thanks again for all great info....Wonder 4/04/04 - 68 days!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

01-23-2004, 01:24 PM
I had heard this info also about the letter, but when you recieve your docs there is a form in there for this exact situation to fill out and a place for a notary to sign.

01-23-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm also bringing another child along next month. Along w/the permission to leave the country form, I also got a "fill in the blank" medical attention form from our hospital. The parents had it notarized, and, if (God forbid) she needs emergency medical attention and they can't get in touch w/her parents, I can give permission. It also outlines her personal info.,ie: allergies, insurance info. etc., just in case.

01-23-2004, 01:46 PM
Yes crissyp...there was a BIG thread a while back about this very same subject. I'm sure if you sift back thru the older threads you will find it along with alot of helpful & interesting information.
I need my ex's signature to take my kids out of the country also...even though I am the custodial parent, he is not in they're life and would have no idea about it. :confused:
Oh well, life goes on! Have fun on your cruise! :)

Good Luck!

Kathy :wave2:

01-23-2004, 03:03 PM
We have brought our kids friends along on a few cruises and we did indeed have notarized letters of persmission to take them out the country and to give medical attention if needed. Both parents signed.

DCL does have a form in the docs packet, but I wanted a letter to bring as well. DCL never asked for the letter, but I felt better having it, especially when we were off in port. I kept the letter with me in case there were any questions.


01-23-2004, 04:05 PM
We took our niece on a RCCL cruise and next week on a Disney Wonder Cruise.
We have the form from the document booklet, signed by both parents and notarized. As well we have a letter saying she has permission to travel with us to any country we wish to go to and that we have permission to get medical treatment for her if needed. That too is notarized and signed by both parents. Her parents are separated.
Nobody asked to see it when we went to RCCL, we crossed the border from Canada to US and boarded a plane and a cruise ship and went to Mexico and nobody ever questioned us.
I wouldn't go without it though, just in case.

Padre Disney
01-23-2004, 04:54 PM
We just added my sons girlfriend to our cruise in March. DCL said that there is a form on the documents that they will need to notarize.
From what I have read most of you say that I should also have a letter from her parents stating that she can travel with us out of the country and for medical care?
What exactly should the letter state. I don't want to get all the way to the port and have problems and need to contact her parents. They will be in Hawaii. Please tell me exactly what I need. I think she has a passport. Will we still need her birth certificate.
Her parents are still married so having both sign any docs won't be a problem. Except that they are leaving for their trip in early March. So I hope that the docs get here soon enough for everything to be notarized. What if we don't get the docs before they leave???? Will a notarized letter be enough??:eek:

01-23-2004, 09:14 PM
I am a divorced parent and have never been asked on Disney and Carnival for authorization from my daughter's father. He works in Singapore and I couldn't get in touch with him if I tried. Our only communication is when he calls after he is stateside for a few days.

Hopefully it won't be a problem when we board in a few weeks.


01-23-2004, 09:50 PM
I'd be happy to e-mail you a copy of the medical consent form if you'd like. I don't see your e-mail link, but if you'd like me to send it, just e-mail me and I'll respond to you w/a copy.

01-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi sjhlib....can you please send me a copy of the form..........
we will be taking our daughter's friend with us on our 4 day Wonder cruise in July.....she will be 18 then, so I don't think a letter from her parents to leave the country is needed, but I would like the medical release form for her tho. thanks:wave2:

01-25-2004, 11:29 AM
i heard that when DCL sends you all your documents the forms are in the packet, but just in case I would appreciate if you emailed me the forms anyway...Thanks!

01-25-2004, 11:49 AM
On two Disney cruises we took our neighbor's son with us. We only had the mother sign because his father lives out of state. There was no problem either time for us.

Padre Disney
01-26-2004, 11:40 AM
please send me a copy of your form. pd4us@msn.com

Just wondering: DH and I took a 3 day last October. I noticed that inside our old document packet we have a DCL form left over that can be used for parents of minors not traveling with parents. I am assuming that this is the same form tht will be in our document packet for our March cruise.

Soooo since our son's girlfriends parents are leaving for vacation in early March can I have them fill out one of our old forms just in case our new documents don't come before they leave? :confused:

I would think our new documents would be here in time for them to fill out BUT what if we don't have them and her parents leave before they come?

01-26-2004, 03:05 PM
I would think that yes you could have them fill out the form from your previous cruise. They look to be identical to me.