PDA

View Full Version : The 1st Annual DIS Cruise Line Boards Awards: Categories and Nominations please!

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
01-22-2004, 03:27 PM
Why hello everyone!!!! I hope you are all having a good day!!!!
So I've been thinking...is anyone else up for The DIS Cruise Line awards??? Awards going out to different catgories like 'Biggest Heart' and 'Most Memorable Tag Plea' or something like that? If you are up for it, please let me know!!! You can either post a reply or a PM with category ideas and nominations. Categories will not be accepted after 1/25. Nominations are asked to all be entered by 2/15. Voting will cease on 2/28 and the winners will be announced 2/29.

Okay...categories and nominations so far...
OFFICIAL ENTERTAINER: Fidelio/Dueling Pianos
Biggest Heart: Veranda Man
Funniest Responses: Buckaroo's Dad (WE MISS YOU!!!)
Biggest Fish: jgalecpa
Biggest Shrimp Eater: Rae519
Most Memorable Tag Plea: n/a
Best Signature: n/a
Most Helpful: Kcashner, Veranda Man
Best DIS Friends: GRAYFAL, Hannosmom, Figment52
Best Smilies: Nick, Cindy
Best Supporting Websites: Barb and Tony's, Dave's
Most Experienced: inkkognito
The Worst Weather Man: Izzinmac
Best All Around Worker: SNelsonBrown
Best Disney Angel in Disguise: Mr. Matt Ouimett :wave2:
Touched Our Hearts the Most: Nathan 'Veranda Boy' Page and his family

Anymore? Nominations and categories both excepted!

SPECIAL NOTE TO TAG FAIRY/FAIRIES: Might you possibly award the winners with a tag saying the category and year?????

Gina
01-22-2004, 03:34 PM
What a fun idea!! :teeth:

-gina-

KEH
01-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Great idea, Rory.

By the way, any news on whether you will be cruising with us at Halloween?

jgalecpa
01-22-2004, 04:28 PM
I love the idea.

I hereby nominate Verandah Man (Andy) for biggest heart!

Jim

PS: I've not abandoned the Boards, it's tax time already. See you more after April 15th

Verandah Man
01-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by jgalecpa
I love the idea.

Jim

PS: I've not abandoned the Boards, it's tax time already. See you more after April 15th

Jim,

Did you have to mention that "T" word. I do all my families "T" every year and I can't believe it's time again already, say it ain't so!!! I just started getting all my info together.

GrayFal
01-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by jgalecpa
I love the idea.

Jim

BIGGEST :earseek: Fish!
Loved your trip report:jester:

LAMPSKIES
01-22-2004, 05:55 PM
I nominate RAE519.........biggest shrimp eater!!!!!!!!!!

Verandah Man
01-22-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by LAMPSKIES
I nominate RAE519.........biggest shrimp eater!!!!!!!!!!

I second that nomination!!! As Rae would say, "Stay away from the shrimp!!!"

Jeanny
01-22-2004, 06:17 PM
I nominate the Page Family for having the Largest impact on our hearts! :hug:

LAMPSKIES
01-22-2004, 06:42 PM
I also nominate...........Izzinmac as THE WORST weatherman!!!!! He predicted 73 and sunny for our 11/29/03 Eastern sailaway party, and it was 50 and windy!!!

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
01-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Oh I wish that he was our weather man!!! We're supposed to go on an outside retreat on Sat...predicted temp...20!!!!!!!! WE're in FLORIDA!!!

AnnMorin
01-22-2004, 07:17 PM
how about the disney angel in disguise, who can now be revealed as no other than Mr. Matt Ouimett,
if there was ever to be a true hero on this board who looked for NO glory or limelight it would be him, he has beind the scenes done so much for so many and never looked back for a thank you.. He is my hero and no one else can compare..........

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
01-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Matt Ouimett? Suddenly now it all seems obvious to me...for he's been so kind to me and the rest of us! I'll be sure to give him a special award!

NAT&MAGSMOM
01-22-2004, 07:43 PM
Our ALL ROUND DIS ANGEL.....

SHIRLEY

Phyllis
::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

prymsu
01-22-2004, 07:58 PM
best supporting web sites - two way tie

Barb and Dave!

www.dcltribute.com

www.*****************

berly1657
01-22-2004, 09:07 PM
I will also duplicate Tinkerbellpixie4goal's nominations.

Verandah Man's example of unselfishlessness, kindness and love is amazing! He is such an uplifting and caring person! His family and friends are lucky to have such a great man!

The Page family has touched so many of us with Nates story and they have touched so many hearts on how Awesome our God is and how He has helped them through this difficult time! "We can Only Imagine" what are life will be like when we meet Him in person.

Shirley, I hope we have time to meet you in 2 weeks before our cruise! You have such a wealth of Floridian knowledge! Thank you for all you do!

Dave, Barb and Tony your sites are awesome! I feel like I almost know everything - now if I can just remember it!

Jim - my husband is going to try and beat your fish record! Sorry you have to do that tax stuff - maybe you could reward yourself with a cruise when it is finished??

Rae - I haven't told my husband yet about the shrimp - I have to keep some surprises for him!

Izzinmac - I don't want to know what the weather is going to be like in 2 weeks in FL - I know it won't be 5 degrees, snowing and -10 wind chill like it is here right now!

I think most of the members on this board should be nominated for their respect for one another and how enjoyable it is to read such upbeat info!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Little Twin Stars
01-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Kcashner - for the wonderful advice and tips he gave on the use of Priceline.

LAMPSKIES
01-22-2004, 09:28 PM
How 'bout Verandahman for his _____(fill in the blank) cams!! No matter who you are or when you sail........if you post a "live from....." he alway has a picture from a cam posted for you!!!

rae519
01-23-2004, 06:53 AM
I accept the nomination and will do my best to keep my title!

God bless you all!

Rae

(And stay away from my shrimp!)

Editted to add:

I nominate Fidelio/Dueling Pianos as the official entertainer of the First Annual DIS Cruise LIne Board Awards.

KYCruiseCrazy
01-23-2004, 08:34 AM
I nominate GRAYFAL. she is the best person full of idea a DISer can have. she is full of ideas and cant wait to meet with her on our cruise. in fact there is also Hannosmom AKA Grandma LOL. these are 2 great people i want to nominate from the bottom of my heart

Hygiene99
01-23-2004, 09:30 AM
and the Best Smileys goes to .......lol
Nick and Cindy .....

i vote for the Page family also.....

and Andy..........

bettemom
01-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Shirley for the "24/7 " award !!!!!

jrabbit
01-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Disney Executive That Makes a Difference: Matt O. He did a great job with DCL creating the magic and making it happen on a very personal level. He is now hard a work restoring the magic to Walt's park - Disneyland:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

inkkognito
01-23-2004, 05:26 PM
The Angel Awards would definitely have to go to Shirley and Matt.
:teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************

figment52
01-23-2004, 05:44 PM
ditto to everything so far but lets us not forget.....

the fabulous crews of the Magic and the Wonder. Without them we could never enjoy and love DCL the way we do.

Verandah Man
01-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by figment52
ditto to everything so far but lets us not forget.....

the fabulous crews of the Magic and the Wonder. Without them we could never enjoy and love DCL the way we do.

Here!!! Here!!! Three Cheers for the CM's!!!

chichihoney
01-23-2004, 06:34 PM
I vote for hannosmom because she's my mom

i vote for rea519 the shrimp eater

and verandrah man for helping others on the disboards

jgalecpa
01-23-2004, 06:35 PM
In honor of all fisherman world wide, I hereby accept this nomination.

pirate:

Jim

Hannosmom
01-23-2004, 06:52 PM
Honestly, I did not force her (ChiChiHoney) to do it!! But I guess now I can let her out of the closet and give her some dinner. :teeth:

Thanks KY, that was very sweet and thank-you my little angel, you are the best daughter!

JLSE50
01-23-2004, 07:26 PM
How about a category of BEST CRUISE LINE?
I nominate Disney Cruise Line.

Great idea Rory.
I know it's cold there, but it is colder here! Trade ya! :teeth:

Jan :earsgirl:

NJ Cruisers
01-23-2004, 07:40 PM
My vote for most helpful is Three Circles. Always had an answer to my many questions before my first DCL cruise last November. And, those answers were all right-on.

Thanks guys!!!

Diane

rae519
01-23-2004, 07:42 PM
THREE cheers for Three Circles!
(Love ya' boys!)

Momma Rae

TinkerBellPixie4GOAL
01-25-2004, 06:44 PM
:jumping1: BUMP!!!

Last chance for category suggestions!!!

snelsonbrown
01-25-2004, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't even begin to know what category to put two who started it all and that is Peter Werner and John Magi - I do not know John personally tho I have always hears nothing but nice things about him, but I do know Pete - he agreed to do something that even tho he is very good at, caught him completely by surprise, but Mrs. Grissom (widow of Gus Grisson - Apollo one) asked me for help this year in organizing the memorial this coming Tuesday, January 27th which will make 37 years since the tragedy happened - I called on Pete and asked him if he would speak and he was honored that I thought of him, but then a great problem appeared and it was that I needed a MOC - I called Pete and even tho he was nervous, he agreed tho he couldn't understand why he was bestowed this honor - so Pete I nominate you for coming through for all of the heros that just didn't make it home from space and thank you for being there to help me make it easier for the Grissom family.
Thanks for the honor of being nominate, but there are others that are very well deserving - also I would like to add Matt - D.A.I.D - you are right - he never let anyone down that he knew was well deserving of his help - to me he is also a hero in disguise. Andy - what I can - he is always there regardless - Barb and Tony how well deserving and Dave also - he never misses a chance to check out everything here with a fine tooth comb and report back on his findings - his maps etc have been a God sent to so many - Rae - now she is a stitch - had a chance to meet her, her mom and Michael - what a pleasure - Jim - Norm could also beat you on fish tales - remember he is a conch and did more fishing in the ocean that I have lives - you and he will have to get together someday. BD's oh my gosh do we miss your smiles of post - the Page family - they are awesome - I can go on and on and on and I still could not comment on everyone that I feel is a great candidate for every category that anyone could come up with. Anyhow I have "talked" enough so leave it as is.
Thanks again
much love
Shirley

rae519
01-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Shirley, you always have a nice word for everyone, a big smile and bigger hug - you and Norm go out of your way for both Disney and non-Disney folks, so if there was any one real reward, it would go hands down to you - as the BEST FRIEND anyone could ever have.

Much love,
Rae

Verandah Man
01-25-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by rae519
Shirley, you always have a nice word for everyone, a big smile and bigger hug - you and Norm go out of your way for both Disney and non-Disney folks, so if there was any one real reward, it would go hands down to you - as the BEST FRIEND anyone could ever have.

Much love,
Rae

I second that Rae!!! Shirley is "The Perfect Gift" (http://www.theperfectgift.cc/) of the DIS, handsdown!!!

gonna go cruising
01-25-2004, 09:52 PM
I definitely agree with all of the nominations so far but I would love to add one. Jgalepca, Jim, (ok, the fish man, LOL) has such a way with words. Jim, do you moonlight for Hallmark or what? You always know the right words to say to people on here.

Andy, Verandahman, you have to be the most caring and most busy poster on here. Between capturing the pics for everyone and taking care of postcards, you always have a kind word for everyone.

Shirley, its already been said. Kindness is your middle name.

Pagehouse, you have touched us all and we definitely have all learned from you.

I am so glad I found this place prior to my first cruise.
Thank you all for being so helpful.
::MinnieMo

Towncrier
01-30-2004, 10:40 PM
I had the opportunity to meet our DAID when we took our very first Disney Cruise in August 2000. It wasn't until later that I realized that the "Matt" that I was talking to and who I included in my trip report was none other than the President of DCL. He did a great job with DCL and I know that he'll do great things for Disneyland. We'll miss you Matt.

As for nominations, I can't disagree with any that I've seen so far. And since it's been a couple years since I've cruised (sniff, sniff), I'll rely on the rest of your judgement. Of all the folks mentioned so far, I've only had the pleasure of meeting with Barb and Tony. Someday I hope to meet the rest of the nominees.

jlawall
01-30-2004, 10:51 PM
I agree that VM deserves accolades for the webcam photos he regularly provides for us!

The CMs definitely belong on this list....they are what keep us coming back!

Disney should be here for there perserverance in providing the BEST in entertainment whatever they do!

Rae for her enthusiasm for everything DCL!

Barb and Tony for the best website ever!!!

Thx to all for the great memories!!!

KaitlinsMom
01-30-2004, 10:58 PM
What a fun idea!!! I agree with all of the above (easiest way to go about it)

New Category -

Most Honest (tell it like it is) - Tie between Rae and AnnMorin!
Love it!!! They usually say what I am too afraid to!

GrayFal
01-30-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by KYCruiseCrazy
I nominate GRAYFAL. she is the best person full of idea a DISer can have. she is full of ideas and cant wait to meet with her on our cruise. in fact there is also Hannosmom AKA Grandma LOL. these are 2 great people i want to nominate from the bottom of my heart
Why THANK YOU KY for starting our cruise meet thread...and if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have my tags...the fairy found me when I was congratulating you!

I hope Hanno didn't see that Grandma referrence...she must not have had her reading glasses on:smooth:

Originally posted by chichihoney
I vote for hannosmom because she's my mom

Hi ChiChi......I feel like I know you!! Your mom always talks about you and I can't wait to meet you on our cruise:jester: !

rae519
01-31-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by KaitlinsMom
Most Honest (tell it like it is) - Tie between Rae and AnnMorin!
Love it!!! They usually say what I am too afraid to!

Considering Ann and I are best buds, I am NOT surprised and very honored to either share or second her nomination for this!
Ann is one of the most honest, genuine people on this board and although she speaks her mind, she does not attempt to disrespect other's opinions or intentionally hurt anyone. I have the utmost respect and admiration for a person who has an opinion and can share it in the way that Ann does. She's definitely the one I'd share another foxhole with!!

Hats off to Ann!

Also, to jlawall - thank you for your nomination for my "enthusiasm" - I believe that if you can't do anything without passion then you shouldn't do it at all! I have passion about everything I do and hope that it doesn't offend others or step on toes. I would fight for the right for a person to be wrong because that person has the right to their opinion - but that does not mean I won't stand firm and fast in my own!!!

Thank you!!!!

Rae

jiminyC_fan
01-31-2004, 05:15 PM
I have to say that Dave (Dave from Marietta) was my lifesaver. He certainly has a wealth of information. He helped me a year or so ago with directions and other info. Hats off to Dave. I have been off for a while but my DD loves Verandah man for his heart. I need to be reintroduced to the Cruise board to see what he is all about. And Barb and Tony, wow, without their site. Who knows what people would do without it. Dave's site is wonderful, too. And then there is Shirley. Always willing to help. I love you all for what you do for this board.

KaitlinsMom
02-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Good point jiminy! Dave from Marietta and his web-site have provided a wealth of information for me! He has always been helpful and has a great web-site!

Karen