PDA

View Full Version : Early booking discount question

jova
01-22-2004, 02:42 PM
Because we are "hoping" to book a cruise during the week after Christmas, the early booking discount will probably be the only discount available to us. My question is what is the cut off time to book early? In other words do you get the early discount for 6 months ahead or 90 days ahead or what? If anyone knows I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks

Dean
01-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by jova
Because we are "hoping" to book a cruise during the week after Christmas, the earlly booking discount will probably be the only discount available to us. My question is what is the cut off time to book early? In other words do you get the early discount for 6 months ahead or 90 days ahead or what? If anyone knows I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks I'm sure there are many more experienced in this area than I but my limited knowledge and experience would put it closer to 10-12 months when the discounts start decreasing. Maybe even longer in some cases.

kcashner
01-22-2004, 08:48 PM
It totally depends on how fast the cruise is filling up. There is no downside to booking NOW. If your plans change, you get a full refund as long as you are 61 days out. Since that is a holiday period, it isn't going to get cheaper, and it will fill quickly. As the ship fills, the discounts decrease.

DisneyBill
01-22-2004, 08:53 PM
Booking now is good advice, because your $250 p/person deposit is refundable. I'm not sure what exactly the cut-off dates are for any early discounts, and I believe they are stepped-in. I can tell you for a fact that I waited just a week (to confirm schedule with family) and wound up paying about $600 more for a family of 4, in a cat 4. that was still being booked approx 10 months early.

jova
01-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the advice. I wonder if the travel agents on this board would know anything more specific.?

xangav
01-22-2004, 10:25 PM
Book as early as possible because you can cancel. I began looking at our cruise for March 27th 2004 in Feb. 2003 for a Cat 4 family cabin. By the following month it went up a total of $400. When we finally booked in August it had gone up about $1500 and if you were to book it in the next week it would have gone up $3100 from when I first started looking! And that was through DCL. From reading the messages here it pays to go through Costco. Hope this helps.:rolleyes:

aprilgail2
01-22-2004, 10:59 PM
We booked about 14 months in advnace and the cruise is up close to 2,000 from when we booked and it is still 4 months away! I plan on rebooking while onboard this May for late 2005 in order to get the max early booking discount!

yourtravelpro
01-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by jova
Thanks for the advice. I wonder if the travel agents on this board would know anything more specific.?

I am a travel agent and kcashner said it perfect. That is exactly how it works.

It totally depends on how fast the cruise is filling up. There is no downside to booking NOW. If your plans change, you get a full refund as long as you are 61 days out. Since that is a holiday period, it isn't going to get cheaper, and it will fill quickly. As the ship fills, the discounts decrease.