PDA

View Full Version : cabin selection help (search down)

aero99
01-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Hi!

I am trying to help my friend plan her first cruise ever. She has been married for 11 years but never had a honeymoon. They are planning on going in January '05 on the eastern caribbean cruise and can afford a category 9 room. I am not familiary with DCL (sorry I have only been on RCCL) so I don't know where to recommend cabin location.

Any help would be appreciated!
Melissa

kcashner
01-22-2004, 12:56 PM
Ok, a 9 is an outside cabin with a porthole.....Some thoughts....first, she might consider one of the "hidden porthole" rooms (see www.*****************). These bill as an inside cabin because the porthole is partially obstructed, but still gives you the light coming in. That leaves them some $ for other things on the ship.

The lower you are on the ship and the closer to the center, the less rocking motion you have. We have been on deck 2 and loved it. We've also been on decks 5 and 6. I can think of good things about each deck. 5 aft is very quiet and private. It is very convenient with kids. 2 has the library, and is convenient to the restaurants.

Some cabins on 2 are below the clubs and have a reputation as noisy at night....we've never had noise problems from the ship, although we have had problems from noisy fellow cruisers.

My best suggestion would be to check out *****************, then make you decision.