PDA

View Full Version : 1st time Priceline user-sweating bullets!!

dkis4nu
01-22-2004, 05:19 AM
I just read the thread by ArthurAmish and it gave me the courage - I got Hyatt MCO for 2-28-04 just now for $38!! Thank you to all who posted with their priceline Hyatt victories! It's the 1st time I've ever tried using it and I was extremely nervous. Waiting for them to pick the hotel seemed like an eternity - it was like waiting for your favorite team to make the game winning field goal! Then, after I got this great price, I second-guessed myself and said, darn, I should have bid $35!! How silly!

We really wanted Hyatt, because we get in so late that Sat. nite before the cruise - and, like everyone else the cheapest price we could find was $164.
Now we can spend the price difference on the cruise.(many times over, I suspect!!)

dk

my3kids
01-22-2004, 07:15 AM
Post your winning bid on biddingfortravel.com. That can help other first time users in the future.

Congratulations! Great deal. Isn't PL wonderful!?:D

tkd lisa
01-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Awesome! I've used priceline about 3-4 times and it's awesome to get a great deal. Frankly, I've never gotten a bad hotel with them.

Luckymommyx2
01-22-2004, 08:13 AM
Congrats dk! I have the Hyatt booked for one night after our WDW vacation and have paid the $169 pre-pay rate. I'm thinking of trying priceline and if I get it then cancel the Hyatt.com reservation even though there is a $50 cancellation fee. Any pointers!?

Little Twin Stars
01-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Luckymommyx2
I'm thinking of trying priceline and if I get it then cancel the Hyatt.com reservation even though there is a $50 cancellation fee. Any pointers!?

What if you don't get it? Are you willing to pay for 2 different hotels? COz' there will be no refund for priceline.

Luckymommyx2
01-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Well, I gambled and got La Quinta Inn!!! Thank goodness I didn't cancel my Hyatt reservation. I should have known to just stick with what I have because now I'm out that $50! UGH!!! :(

my3kids
01-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Is the La Quinta a 3* hotel? Wow! I would never have thought of them a 3* kind of place.

kcashner
01-22-2004, 10:48 AM
The LaQuinta is NOT a 3* hotel. It is a 2.5* You must have bid something other than 3* if they put you at LaQuinta.

However...there are 2 LaQuintas at the airport. One is a total dump, the other is a normal, fine LaQuinta. They do include free breakfast (which the Hyatt doesn't).

n0pa
01-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Does anyone know if they have a site like biddingfortravel.com for Hotwire???

Thanks.

Matt

mushck
01-22-2004, 12:06 PM
If you did not bid on a 2.5* hotel and they gave you LaQuinta I would make some calls and try to get out of it. If you did bid 2.5* then you are stuck.:( Sorry. I have used priceline and been very happy with them, but I did some research first. Biddingfortravel.com is a great site to check out. It will answer a lot of your questions and give you lots of great tips.

HTH:earsgirl:

queenvic
01-22-2004, 12:07 PM
You can try www.betterbidding.com .

Queenvic princess:

Luckymommyx2
01-22-2004, 12:38 PM
I just got off the phone with a rep from Priceline. She claims I put in for a 2* then literally read a script to me. I asked if she could resubmit for a 3* or if there was anything she could do but she was absolutely no help. I advised her I will not be staying there because of things that I heard about it. She said she would email me a copy of the screen but the email didn't show where I selected a 2*. I'm not considering whether to call my credit card company and disputing the charge. I don't think I'll be using priceline any time in the near future.