PDA

View Full Version : travel guard travel insurance

cramam
01-21-2004, 06:50 PM
Has anyone purchased or made a claim with this company? I haven't gotten trip insurance in the past but this is about 55% of the cost of the insurance thru Disney and if it is comparable I may get it for the peace of mind given the high cost of these cruises.

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 04:58 AM
My TA (who is also my MIL) had us cancel the Disney insurance in favor of ProtectAssist from Travel Guard. Said she recommends that one to all her clients, as it covers much more, offers non-insurance related assistance (like getting tickets to shows, forwarding emails and phone messages, things like that), and it covers for pre-existing conditions such as my DD's asthma. It did save us $$ too, for better coverage.

Minnie's Pal
01-22-2004, 06:26 AM
How do we get info on this insurance? I would love to get cheaper insurance but all the insurances I checked w/ don't cover preexisting (so I would just assume stay w/ disney than worry about that.)

The4OfUs
01-22-2004, 07:38 AM
http://www.travelguard.com/

Click on "Compare products", and then choose your location. She had us buy the "ProtectAssist" rather than the cruise one. Pretty informative website.

cramam
01-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Thanks for your reply.

yourtravelpro
01-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Minnie's Pal
How do we get info on this insurance? I would love to get cheaper insurance but all the insurances I checked w/ don't cover preexisting (so I would just assume stay w/ disney than worry about that.)

Travelguard is a VERY reputable insurance company. If you purchase your insurance within a week of booking your cruise, it will cover pre-existing conditions.

You can check them out at www.travelguard.com.

auntrenae
01-23-2004, 12:25 AM
I used Travel Guard on my first cruise and had to make a claim. I did see the Dr. on board right after boarding. You have to do that in order to make any kind of claim. I had terrible swelling in my legs and it didn't go down. I just wanted some water pills so thought it was no big deal. The Dr. said it could be serious, and that I might want to get off then and go to a hospital. I stayed, and when I got home went to my Dr. for follow up. I ended up having 5k worth of tests and Travel Guard paid 100% without a quibble. I was really pleased and glad that I had their insurance. I used another company last time, but have gone back to Travel Guard for this one. I trust them as far as offering a fair price and good service. They seemed caring and kind.
I hope that helps you make a decision,
Renae