PDA

View Full Version : Picking my cabin today- cat 6 or cat 11; Any advice on cabin location?

annect
01-21-2004, 01:40 PM
I am just about to book a super last-minute 4-night cruise on the Wonder for this weekend (sunday-thursday). Myself, my husband and our 4-yr old.

Since it's my first DCL cruise (have cruised with Holland America before), should i economize or splurge? I can get a Cat 11 on deck 7 midship for $800 less (for 3) -- than a Cat 6 on deck 6 - i believe it was cabin 6144(the cabin was pretty far aft, is that bad?).

Should i splurge for the verandah in that location? Or just go economically. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! I have until 5pm today to decide...

Anne

NCRedding
01-21-2004, 02:10 PM
The veranda is wonderful to have: we've cruised on Deck 5 in 5142, which would be very close to your choice--but one deck lower. We've also cruised aft in 6628--loved the location of both. Very quiet--little traffic past the door. I also loved our Cat 11 on Deck 7 mid-ship when we did a 3 night. OUr next cruise is in a Cat 7 for 7 nights, simply because our family needs a little bit more storage room than is in the Cat 11. We've decided for our next trips that anything 4 nights and under we'll do a Cat 11. So personally, it wouldn't be worth the additional $200 per day for me to have the veranda--I'd rather spend it on the ship.

luvindisneyworld
01-21-2004, 03:21 PM
I would stay in a CTY11 and put that 800.00 dollars for my shipboard account and that will cover all your charges.JMHO though.We are going in May and we are in a CTY11 GTY,so if we get an upgrade fine and if we dont that will be fine.

wltdsnyfan
01-21-2004, 06:23 PM
:sunny: If your 4 year old is going to be taking a nap a veranda would be nice to sit on while he/she is sleeping?:sunny:

annect
01-21-2004, 06:53 PM
I decided to go with the Cat 11 and save my money. Especially since this is our FIRST disney cruise; it will be great to scope out the category we might want next time.
And it's a 4-day, so even if we don't like the inside cabin, we're not stuck with it for too long.
Thanks for the advice- this is a great forum!

Anne from CT

kmc33
01-21-2004, 10:41 PM
An inside category is good too -- it's great for napping :D

We splurged for a verandah on another line. Then we wanted to do DCL and found that the price of the Cat. 11 was almost as much as a verandah on many other lines. When we booked our upcoming trip the difference would have been $1000 more to get the Cat. 7 Navigator verandah. So, we stuck with the Cat. 11.

DH's motto is get the cheaper cabin, go more frequently! :sunny: