PDA

View Full Version : Books for character autographs?

kmc33
01-21-2004, 10:17 AM
I understand that there are books on board to purchase for kids to get the character autographs. Do they come with a pen? Or if you need to supply your own, is there a particular kind that is best?

Thanks!

The4OfUs
01-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Hey Kim -

If they are the same autograph books as in the parks, no the pen is not included. Get a "fat" pen, it's easier for the characters to hold. If you can't find one, lemmie know, I'll pack our Old Key West one, it's been with us on every trip except one! :)

kmc33
01-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Thanks, Nikki. Is a fat pen like a sharpie, or fatter than that?

I appreciate your offer too. But, I need to get three, one for DS and for my DNephew and DNiece too. DBIL already mentioned that he was going to pick up the books and would get one for my DS. I don't think he is thinking about a pen too, so I thought I would take care of that.

The4OfUs
01-21-2004, 11:15 AM
It's fatter than a sharpie, but not much...it's just that in those gloved hands, those bigger ones are easier. And always remember to open the book for them, to a blank page, it's hard to see!

*dressed up as Mickey Mouse once in high school and fell over a little girl because it's so hard to see*

oops.... :rolleyes:

alwatlers
01-21-2004, 12:53 PM
I remember in the past that if you took a white t-shirt they would autograph the shirt for you. Just make sure you have a perm. pen. My boys really enjoyed wearing the shirts with the signatures. In the past at WDW they would get the book and then loose it. Also you'll know whose it is because the can't just put it down somewhere and forget about it.