PDA

View Full Version : AKL: is Uzima more scenic?

Aisling
01-21-2004, 09:05 AM
It seems that most people love the Arusha savannah, but when I was looking at photos from Deb's site, it shows that Arusha is in the middle of a horse-shoe, and that when you're on your balcony you are across from the rooms on the other side of the horse-shoe. So the view is of the savannah and of the other rooms.
In the Uzima photos, it looks like all you can see is the savannah, with no buildings or rooms to detract from the natural setting. Looks beautiful and private. Is this how it really is?

It won't really matter , but I'd rather have a view of just savannah and animals, and not other people across from me on their balconies.

Will any one share opinions? It's hard to get a real feel from the photos.

disneydill
01-21-2004, 10:48 AM
just a friendly little bump. I'd like to know, too!:Pinkbounc

BibbidiBobbidiBOO
01-21-2004, 12:03 PM
I should not answer, as I thought it was our secret-but we loved our Uzima view from Zebra trail. We were down at the end, Arusha was directly to our left so we could see some of that Savannah to our left but NONE of the other balconies;) ! We had tons of animals and even a 3 day old baby ankotle cattle who slept in front of our room with his mom. The barn was across our savannah behind some trees. It was VERY peaceful out there and in our room. No passing traffic in the hall. I loved this room. I felt like we had the place to ourselves. It was worth the extra hike IMO.

Gillian
01-21-2004, 02:06 PM
We were in 4565, all the way at the end of zebra trail, last hallway on the right. The room looks straight out from the end of the building. It is very pretty there. You can't see any other rooms, which I loved! We always had giraffes around and the other animals were there often.

At the time Arusha savannah was closed, but I don't think we would have liked that better anyway! The CM who helped us choose that room said that section is his favorite.

4th floor is smoking, but that didn't bother us. 2nd floor would be ideal because it's closer to the animals and non-smoking. plus it's on the same level as the pool (I think).

soccer mom
01-21-2004, 09:20 PM
We were on Uzima a couple of years ago and loved it. We about half way down the hall. It was also part of a small "U" so not as private as some areas, but we were very close to the animals. That was the one complaint I heard from some people who were on Arusha...that some of the rooms put you pretty far from the animals.

You will love it no matter where you end up!