PDA

View Full Version : Claiming Bags at Orlando Airport

disneybride96
01-21-2004, 05:22 AM
Okay....from what I can figure out, DCL will "intercept" your baggage at the Orlando airport and take them directly to the ship if you are cruising the same day. Is this correct?
Personally, it gives me the creeps not seeing my bags and knowing for sure if my luggage is on it's way to the ship. What if that little tag came off between Indy & Orlando!?!

mmouse37
01-21-2004, 06:01 AM
The tags are made out of a very durable material...not quite paper, not quite plastic. I tried ripping one off my luggage and could not.

DCL is very good about handling the bags. We have taken DCL air and transfers a few times and never had a problem with the bags. That is the whole reason for the service....convenience......if you do not feel comfortable having someone take your bags without your seeing......don't take DCL air and save yourself some money.

We now book our own air and do one-way rentals each way from MCO to port with a rental car. Saves us big bucks.

MJ

MontiD
01-21-2004, 06:05 AM
Ok, this is new info for me. I didnt know disney will be picking up my luggage? Is this still true if I have the land/sea package and doing the land thing first?? We are flying in the night before our land pkg starts and staying at a offsite cheapy since our flight doesnt get in until 9pm. How do I find out for sure if our luggage will be taken directly to the resort. That would be fine by me, but I would need to pack an over night bag with clothes for the next day to take with us to the cheap motel. Gosh, there is soooo much to learn about going to disney lol. I'm going to need a vacation..from my vacation! Thanks for any direction ya'll can give me!

Jeanny
01-21-2004, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by MontiD
Ok, this is new info for me. I didnt know disney will be picking up my luggage? Is this still true if I have the land/sea package and doing the land thing first?? We are flying in the night before our land pkg starts and staying at a offsite cheapy since our flight doesnt get in until 9pm. How do I find out for sure if our luggage will be taken directly to the resort. That would be fine by me, but I would need to pack an over night bag with clothes for the next day to take with us to the cheap motel. Gosh, there is soooo much to learn about going to disney lol. I'm going to need a vacation..from my vacation! Thanks for any direction ya'll can give me!

I'm don't think this would apply to you where you're arriving the night before. The only time DCL picks it up from the airport for you is on the day of the cruise. We flew in the night before our cruise because of weather concerns. We picked our luggage up, took it upstairs to the Hyatt and on Saturday morning, put it outside of our room at 8:30 a.m., went downstairs and checked in with DCL. The next time we saw our luggage was at our stateoom at 3:30 p.m.

I'm not sure how the land/sea package luggage pickup works, but I'm almost positive Disney WON'T take it from the airport if you arrive the Night before.. I'm sure one of our more familiar Disers will be along shortly to help with this question.

MarkRG
01-21-2004, 08:06 AM
I've done the land/sea. I also could not say about them taking them the night before, but I would also say probably not.

When you do arrive the day of land stay, they do collect your luggage and deliver it right to your room at the resort, and do pick it up to transfer to the ship the night before the cruise portion.