PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for the April 4, 2004 Wonder 4 night cruise!

cmmam
01-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Anyone? Beuler?

I havent seen any talk for this cruise yet. Do we get the whole ship to ourselves?!?

:earseek:

We will be at the Beach Club from April 1-4, then the cruise! Yea!

Any teens?

We include me, DH and DD (15).

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Anita:chat:

crissyp
01-22-2004, 06:56 PM
hi, we'll be on the Wonder leaving 4/4, I was starting to feel the same way, I'm pretty sure the entire ship is booked. We're going with a group of 14, 9 of them teenagers!!! Can't wait, this will be our first cruise ever, and thank God for these boards....I feel like I know the ropes before even getting there..

cmmam
01-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Its our first cruise too! My daughter is very happy to know there will be other teens. I think you may have chatted with her, her id is flingthecow.

Are you going to the parks too or just the cruise?

crissyp
01-26-2004, 09:50 AM
hi Mom!

we'll be staying at the beach club on 4/3, then dcl 4/4-4/8, then back to disney's carribbean beach resort till the 12th, and it looks like we have this whole ship to ourselves! Being this is our first cruise, we're all very excited. These boards have been great, I really have learned sooo much. Look forward to meeting you guys!

CHris

Certifiable WDW Nut
01-29-2004, 01:22 PM
We (DH, Me, DD-11 and DD-4) are all anxiously awaiting the cruise. My little one keeps saying "Tomorrow, we go on the cruise!". It is killing me to keep saying, "in a couple of months". Especially given the weather for the last several weeks.

We'll be at Pop Century the 8th and 9th and then make the drive home. Wahhhh!!!

cmmam
01-29-2004, 01:25 PM
WDW Nut, I know, this freezing weather has got to go. How much snow did you get over the weekend? We got about 6 inches in Vienna. Then, about a half inch of ice, another inch or two of snow, yuck!

Certifiable WDW Nut
01-29-2004, 09:44 PM
Cmmam, I guess we got between 6 and 8 inches. To be honest, I refuse to go out in it. My car is parked in the garage and my office has garage parking, so I go from garage to garage. I make my DH and DD shovel. I figure I do the laundry and shopping and cooking all year long-they can shovel a couple of times a year. I think actually the cold is the worse. I was in NJ last week, which was colder than here. I don't think I've been anywhere where it has been above freezing for at least 3 weeks and I don't know when it is going to get warmer. URGHH!!

Oh well, 65 days and I'll be dancing on deck. Got the excursions brochure today, so I'm planning that out now. Can't wait.

cmmam
02-09-2004, 09:53 AM
:bounce:

Certifiable WDW Nut
02-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey cmmam and crissyp, looks like it might just be our three families. Wonder where everyone is?

cmmam
02-12-2004, 02:54 PM
I dont know. Maybe we are the only ones smart enough to come here for info.;)

Fairfax County just added April 2nd as a snow makeup day. Has Loudon taken away any of your scheduled vacation days yet?:(

Certifiable WDW Nut
02-13-2004, 01:34 PM
No - they build a lot into the calendar plus our school day is about 20 mins longer than it has to be and they use that time when they run out of snow days. We didn't have to make any up days last year, if you can believe it.

Are you changing your plans due to the make up day or just going to be absent?

cmmam
02-13-2004, 01:37 PM
She will just have to be absent. We are on teh lnad/sea package and our flight leaves on the 1st. She was going to miss one day, now she'll have to miss 2.

I will just get the work from the teachers ahead of time. We planned the best we could, they will have to work with us on this.

crissyp
02-13-2004, 04:21 PM
your right about us being the only smart people on these boards..LOL...This being our first cruise, I have really learned sooo much from these boards. Anybody start shopping for this cruise yet???? Keeping a bin in our computer room and just keep buying and throwing stuff in! Have fun planning....seven more weeks!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave: :wave:

cmmam
02-17-2004, 05:22 PM
I am afraid to start shopping. Stupid swimsuits and bad lighting.

I do need to get started though! Maybe I will take the kid out this coming weekend...

tawasdave
03-09-2004, 12:08 AM
We will be there...I am 45 and from Michigan and my kids will be there a boy 15 and a girl 12...will be at Pop Century from 4/2-3 then on DCL for 4 day..then to Universal for a couple days before I drive back to Michigan...any single ladies on the cruise want to shake a leg?:wave: Let me know at crandalll@chartermi.net...looking forward to seeing you all soon

cmmam
03-09-2004, 10:13 AM
Good to know there will be more than just a few of us! My 15 year old DD will be thrilled to know there will be a 15 year old boy there.:crazy:

If he wants to IM with her before the cruise let me know and I can give him her screen name.

crissyp
03-09-2004, 06:15 PM
it's getting "closer" guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1: :jumping3: :cool1: :jumping3: :cool1:
Hope your all as excited as we are!!!

tawasdave
03-10-2004, 12:54 AM
Oh we are excited...no doubt about it...now lets hope that the weather cooperates...btw...are your kids doing the teen junkeroo on Castaway? My 15 son wants to...btw..looks like we have a full boat too..cannot find any availablity anywhere...

tawasdave
03-10-2004, 01:01 AM
Hey BTW..looks like I am the old pro on this cruise...lol..did the Magic for a 4 day back in 1999...and as for these boards...and how great they make everything sound....well take that an multiply it by three and you are still not even close to what it is like in person..get ready to have the time of your life!!!!

cmmam
03-10-2004, 09:46 AM
Yes, my daughter is signed up for the junkeroo and the Wild Side on CC.

We are really looking forward to this trip! We were in DW last year, but I ruptured a disc in my back and the trip was pretty well ruined.:(

This is our makeup trip!

copper0426
03-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Wow I finally found a thread about this cruise. I am so excited.DW and I went last year by our selves we liked sooo much we are bringing every one back. Us two uncles from Philly my mom DW mom and our 7yo DS. We can hardly wait and my uncles are freezing and just wanting to get out of the cold. We are in Ft.Lauderdale so it is just a scenery change for us:sunny: All the others are new to cruising so we figured might as well spoil them for any other lines (lol).
It is great to hear there will be other DIS people there.:earsboy:

cmmam
03-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Going on a major shopping trip this weekend!:rolleyes:

How is everyones planning coming along?

tawasdave
03-11-2004, 06:36 PM
I have been planning since last July when I booked the cruise..I found a web site the other day that listed just about everything you could ever think of to take on the cruise...but a couple of things I thought of that were not listed...set up timer for lights while U are gone..turn off water on wash machine..turn heat down...take an extra duffle bag empty for all the stuff you buy..and I saw that there is a Senior Frog in Nassua...I was at the one in Cozemel last year..it is not to be missed...if you like margaritas...anybody going to Universal after the cruise? we are for at least 2 days...Hope everybody is ready..

crissyp
03-12-2004, 01:53 PM
just 3 weeks to go, probably spending way too much money on shopping....LOL..., think I've got all my "suggested bring-alongs"
over the door shoe holder/bought 3, sea-safe/bought 3, aloe/bought 2, you name it, I bought it!! I told my kids to "stop me", they think I'm crazy:crazy:
We actually booked 4 rooms amongst all of us at the Atlantis for the Nassau day, so we'll be spending all our money there!
And on CC day, we've booked parasailing and banana boats!
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: Let's all pray for great water and Pleasssssssssse pray for calm seas!!!!

Chris

cmmam
03-12-2004, 02:08 PM
We have parasailing booked too. :)

I am counting on this:sunny: so I can look like this :smooth: the whole trip.:teeth:

cmmam
03-12-2004, 02:11 PM
BTW, what is sea-safe? Did I miss a thread??:confused:

crissyp
03-12-2004, 02:53 PM
seasafe is a lotion that hopefully reduces the risk of bits from sea lice....I know it sounds gross, but there was a board on here somewhere that suggested bringing it along. I actually ordered it online, 3 bottle came to about $25.00...It comes with sunscreen in it if you like...It was said around this time of year, it "can" be a problem at CC especially in the snorkeling areas. So I figured, what's $25 at this point and ordered some...If u do a search forsealice, you'll probably find the info right here on these boards!

cmmam
03-12-2004, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the info. Ill Google it if nothing else.

You are right, $25 is a drop in the ever draining bucket at this point.

TrueLuna13
03-16-2004, 08:03 PM
Hi All :wave2: , Anyone out of Long Island, New York? It's my first cruise hoping to meet some friends :chat: . We're hittin the Disney Sea on April 4th, then hittin Disney Land for 4 days afterward :Pinkbounc: . It's been cold up here it'll be nice to get some sun :smooth: . Headin out with my Dad and sister, should be alot of FUN!!! :bounce:

Nikki (13)::yes:: Happy St. Patrick's Day

cmmam
03-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the Dis!

We are from Virginia. Its been cold here too, cant wait for the sun!:sunny:

You will meet many new friends, Im sure. You will meet my daughter (15), she is really looking forward to making new friends.:chat:

crissyp
03-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Hey Long Island! We're with you...We're a group of 14, 9 of them teenagers and we're all from Long Island too! How did you enjoy that snow yesterday....just makes looking foward to this trip that much more fun:Pinkbounc We're also doing the disney thing after the cruise, 4 days at the Carribean Beach Resort. Have fun planning:bounce:

TrueLuna13
03-18-2004, 05:04 PM
I can't wait! So many people to see, so many places to go...I cant wait to find some friends to hang out:tongue: LI is all snow and maybe tomorrow I won't have skool!:rolleyes: We're staying at the Coronado Springs Resort after the cruise. I'll be be posting often, so any 12-13-14-15 year-olds wanna talk, keep posting!:chat:
~nikki

TrueLuna13
03-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Hey Does any one know if there's going to be a formal night sometime on the cruise? :confused: Please post if you know anything. Thanks!! princess:

cmmam
03-19-2004, 09:44 AM
There is a semi-formal night though. Good excuse to go shopping!;)

crissyp
03-19-2004, 10:23 AM
when is there a semi-formal night???? I don't recall seeing anything about that anywhere....:eek: does that mean that I have still have shopping to do:teeth:
Chris:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

cmmam
03-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Its the Tritons or Lumierres, whichever one is on the Wonder night.

Get out your pretty dresses ladies!

TrueLuna13
03-19-2004, 04:38 PM
I can't wait to set sail! :tongue: If any of your kids wanna talk my screen name is onmytoesway2much ! :chat: I so excited! First cruise will be so much fun! :wave2: Please talk to me...I get bored easily, so having sum1 to talk 2 is great. TTYL:wave:

cmmam
03-19-2004, 04:42 PM
is that an AOL screen name?

TrueLuna13
03-20-2004, 02:18 PM
No, its an AIM screename .:p My AOL screename is Fireblaze121390@aol.com :tongue: If anyone wants to IM me or send me an e-mail, i'll be on. :smooth:

P.S. if anyone is going to email me, make sure the subject of your email is sumthing about the cruise. Otherwise Ill spamm you. thnx!

crissyp
03-22-2004, 06:33 PM
okay I did, I packed my first bag today....It's already to go!!
( ok, it's my DH's and he is real easy to pack for) but at least it's one down and 3 to go!

I can't wait!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :boat: :boat:

cmmam
03-23-2004, 09:48 AM
We have a pile building on the closet floor. I figure I will do most of my packing over the weekend. Biggest problem will be getting the Punk to start findng stuff to pack.

Its so close now, I cant wait!

TrueLuna13
03-25-2004, 06:33 PM
There's so much homework.... but after next week I'll be away on a cruise. Ugh That reminds me I have to pack. This is a tedious task. You have to decide on what you're going to wear, determine how many t-shirts, shorts, skirts, capris etc. to bring. But before all of that I have to clean my room. :yo-yo: The teachers give me sooo much homework....all my clothes have just piled up around my bed and my desk. At least I can still see my TV. ::yes:: Actually, right now I should be cleaning...oh well. does any one have any suggestions on key items to bring? :confused: I just want to make sure that I have everything to have a good time. Is anyone going parasailing? I can't wait for that. I really hope the weather is good for parasailing, otherwise it might be cancelled. :Pinkbounc Please let me know! arigato :wave:

cmmam
03-26-2004, 09:45 AM
We are parisailing.:sunny:

Key items, besides clothing, sunglasses, a hat, iPod or CD player, shoes that arent flip flops, your homework!

If you spend a 1/2 a day or so on your homeowrk, it wont be too bad. Maybe you and my daughter can do it together.:crazy:

Hang in there, its almost vacation time!

Certifiable WDW Nut
03-26-2004, 10:11 AM
Hey Guys - sorry I haven't checked this board lately, but it's great to see the boat won't be empty. :jester:

My guest room bed is covered with stuff to pack. Went through the stuff I bought for the kids to make sure I had enough clothes for them that fit.

Will probably do most of the packing this weekend. We are leaving very early Friday morning to drive. It's only a week away!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hey Nikki, we live in Northern Virginia now, but husband is originally from Port Washington on Long Island. His parents just left there this summer to move into the city.

Hope to see everyone at some point in the next couple of weeks. Happy packing!!

Single Digit Dance - Yippee!!!!

:sunny: :earsboy: :sunny: :earsboy: :sunny: :earsboy:

crissyp
03-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Hey Anita

I finally got my DD to buy a "nice pair of sandals"
I'm LOL here reading all the posts you received in the forums about the dress code aboard the Wonder:) Anyway, have fun packing...did my bag and it's full to capacity....I keep reading how everyone says to take half out, but I JUST CAN'T DO IT!!!:crazy:
We will be doing the disney thing for 5 days after and I really don't want to do laundry if I can help it.

Oh, and my DS/14 will be wearing brand spanking new sneakers with his khaki's to dinner..I hope nobody minds:teeth:

Talk to u before we leave. Have a wonderful pre-cruise week!

Chris:smooth:

cmmam
03-26-2004, 12:00 PM
I know, I had no idea it was such a touchy subject! I just wanted to know whether to pack a jacket for my H!!!:crazy:

I hear ya on the packing front. I have so much to pack. And, I realized that my daughter doesnt have any "nice" blouses for dinner. Somehow, I am guessing her "Dorks are Hot" t-shirt wont go over well either. Back to the mall again!

I am hoping to get most of the packing done this weekend. I have a feeling my work week will be bad next week.

We should definitely try to meet up at some point. Im easy to spot, I am 6' tall and will be with the teen girl with 2000 of those jelly bracelets on her arms.:teeth:

crissyp
03-30-2004, 09:00 AM
LOL! Will definetly look for you guys! I can't believe it's almost here...I'm getting that excited, nervous, exited, do I have everything, crazy dreams kind of feeling 24/7. Enjoy these last few days getting ready and than it's gonna be "party time"

Chris:hyper:

cmmam
03-31-2004, 11:09 AM
Today is our last day! We leave for disney in the morning!!

Finally.:hyper:

See you all soon!:boat:

Anita

TrueLuna13
03-31-2004, 06:53 PM
Eveyone is saying i cant wait i cant wait so i guess i have to say it too:
I CANT WAIT!!!!!!:hyper:
I think the teachers might go easy on us, but im sure I will have homework....grrr. Thats one thing I dont really want. Which do you think would be more efficient....the CD player, the mp3 player, or both??? So many questions, and last minute packing.:confused: Ive packed pretty much my whole summer wardrobe.:p all my tops, and shorts, skirts, even capris. So happy!! cant wait to meet y'all there. :chat:This is going to be so much fun! happy happy happy happy:crazy:

crissyp
03-31-2004, 08:46 PM
safe trip Anita, see you on board!!!
I will look for you....
True Luna, we're a group of 14, 9 of them teenagers, one of them with very, very long spiral reddish curly hair....she usually can't be missed! LOL
Lets hope for beautiful weather and calm seas:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

TrueLuna13
04-01-2004, 05:30 PM
Red hair definitly won't be missed. I will be looking for you. I'm pretty tall: 5'8".:teeth: Depending on how tall everyonw else is, I might stand out. I don't know, I'm just used to being around short people.:Pinkbounc I still have more packing to do...can't wait to see you there!blah