PDA

View Full Version : Magic 11/20/04 Thanksgiving Cruisers?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WMILLER86
01-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Anyone with us yet on the Thanksgiving 2004 Cruise? I will be sailing with DW and DD14 and DD9. I am hoping to meet some fellow cruisers with daughters about the same age!

WMILLER86
01-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Anyone sign up yet?

WMILLER86
01-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Hey! Where are you Thanksgiving Turkeys? Will we be cruising alone?

Willie

Carnival Holiday 2003
Disney Magic 11/20/2004

WMILLER86
01-20-2004, 08:51 AM
:jester: :bounce: ::yes:: :wave2:

DORISDAN
01-20-2004, 12:24 PM
THIS IS MY FIRST POSTING - I HAD TROUBLE WITH MY PASSWORD, ETC. PLEASE BEAR WITH ME - I AM TRAVELING WITH MY HUSBAND AND TWO DAUGHTERS, AGES 5 AND 4 - AM VERY NERVOUS ABOUT THE HOLIDAY TRAVEL WILL IT BE TERRIBLY CROWDED?? WILL THE CRUISE BE THE SAME AS OTHER WEEKS? WE ALREADY ARE NOT GOING TO KEY WEST. I AM DISAPPOINTED WITH THAT. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE GIRLS TO GO TO THE DISNEY CLUB SO MY HUSBAND AND I CAN CELEBRATE OUR ANNIVERSARY TOGETHER. WE WILL ALSO BE STAYING AT DISNEY AFTER THE CRUISE AND WE CAN'T DECIDE WHERE TO STAY. WE HAVE BEEN TO THE AKL 2 TIMES AND WERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO LEARNING ABOUT SOME OF THE PEOPLE WHO WILL BE ON THE CRUISE WITH US.

WMILLER86
01-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Hello Dorisdan!

Did you hear something about the ship not stopping at Key West? I have not gotten that info. Where did you hear this from? Are we stopping at another stop instead?

As far as traveling on a holiday, my family has always traveled on either Thanksgiving or Christmas, and sometimes the crowds at WDW are bad, but sometimes you get lucky. At least on the Magic you know there is a limited number of passengers onboard! I am confident that it won't be too bad.

Willie

DORISDAN
01-22-2004, 10:38 AM
Willie,

I think you got your answer already, but I got a letter from the cruise line on December 12 that we would be missing Key West because of the Offshore Powerboat World Championship and going to castaway cay instead.

I heard Thanksgiving(or right after Thanksgiving) is a great time to visit the parks because they are less crowded. We will be going to the parks for a few days after the cruise.

We were there the first week of October 2003 and the lines were so long. Everyone that I talk to is complaining about crowds like they had never experienced before at various times this year.. Good for the parks, but not good for me with two small children.

WMILLER86
01-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Dorisdan,
Thanks for the info about two days at CC. We are really lucky. Are you still trying to decide about where to stay after the cruise? We are Disney Vacation Club Members, so we have been staying at the Boardwalk the last 4 years. We love it. The location is great because you don't have to catch a bus to Epcot or Disney MGM. You can walk it in 10 minutes, or catch a boat in about the same amount of time. The shops and restaurants on the BW are nice also.
We also have stayed twice at Wilderness Logde, and the girls liked that pool the best. A great rock slide. But the regular rooms are kind of small. It has a nice atmosphere, with all of the timbers. And the decorations are terrific.
We are acually staying at AK for a night or two after the cruise. We have never been to it. How are the restaurants at AK?

ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE CRUISING WITH DORISDAN AND I?

Willie

Cheryl N. WI
01-31-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi

We'll be there! It will be myself, DH and DD who will be 10 at the time.

Willie, our DDs seem to be enjoying emailing each other and getting to know each other! They should be great friends by Nov! Did you get your letter from DC aboutthe 2 stops at CC, we received ours Dec. 23 notifying us about this. I love CC and am excited to be going there twice. Dh really likes Key West and was at first a little disappointed to not be going there but he got over it LOL.

Dorisdan, We have sailed on the Magic before when the ship was full and it was just fine, it didn't seem crowded at all! We were to WDW the week after Thanksgiving in 2000 and it was a great time to be there. It was not at all crowded and the decorations everywhere are beautiful! Have you decided where to stay yet? Are you looking for a Deluxe again or Moderate or Value? We have stayed at the Moderates a number of times and we stayed at the Pop Century right before Christmas, I don't think you can go wrong with any Disney resort, we have always been happy wherever we stayed! If you haveany questions about any of the Moderates or PC I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.

Willie and Dorisdan, when are you arriving in Orlando? We are flying in on Fri. and probably doing some Christmas shopping at DD and then we will either spend the night at PC or the new RonJon Resort at the Port.

Any other Thanksgiving cruisers out there???????

Cheryl:wave2:

WMILLER86
02-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Hello Cheryl,
Erin RUNS to check her emails from "her buddy Rach!" We have been on the go the past few weeks. Erin's older sister has been playing 7th grade basketball in lots of tournaments lately, so computer time has been scarce. Erin has been doing homework in the stands between games! I am really blessed to have 2 daughters that are able to juggle sports and make A honor roll at the same time. I guess you can tell how proud I am!

Kelli and the girls will flying down (over?) to Orlando on Friday morning and staying at the Grovesnor Resort across the street from Downtown Disney. The rate was only $99 for a tower room with a view of DD. They are going to walk over to DD and shop. Erin said her and Rachel are setting up a meet. Kelli told her when we get nearer to November, she will give Rachel her cell number and hotel phone number so they can get in touch with each other. If you haven't booked a room yet, the Grovesnor has a pretty good website. They have a charactor breakfast early Saturday morning that we are going to go to. My girls still enjoy the charactors. But then so do I! I will be arriving later Friday night.
We are considering surprising the girls with a limo to Port Canaveral and back. After disembarkation, we will be heading for a day or two at Animal Kingdom. We still have some days on some old park passes and want to see a few of the new attractions.

No, we did not get a letter from Disney about the extra day at CC. But then we did not book til early January. They didn't say anything about it when we booked. I found out from Dorisdan. I am thrilled about two days at CC though.
I have heard a little about the new Ron Jon resort. It sounds like a place t spend a few days.

Hey out there! Anybody else with us?
Willie
Willie::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Cheryl N. WI
02-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Anybody else out there cruising with us??????

Hi Willie, Rach really loves having Erin as her "pen pal". DH, Al, keeps saying that between Rach and I having our Disney friends he hardly gets any time on the computer anymore LOL. It would be great if we could get together with Kelli and the girls at DD on that Friday. We'll definitely have to exchange numbers when it gets closer.
I looked at the Grosevnor web site and it looks really nice but I think we will be keeping our reservation at the Pop Century (we decided against the RonJon, it looks really nice but we wouldn't have the time to enjoy everything there after going shopping at DD, so we figured why spend the extra money). We got a AAA discount at the Pop Century so we are only spending $69.00, including tax, for the night there. We have friends (no kids though, their children are grown, so it's just the 2 of them) that we met on our first cruise and then cruised together again last Jan. and they are cruisng with us again in Nov. Our flights get into the airport very close to the same time so we decided to rent a minivan and share the expense for that and they have a room at PC too to keep everything convenient. We like to rent a car (or this time a van) the day before a cruise so that we can stop and get our soda and water to take on board and Al likes to have a car in case we want to go eat somewhere other than where we're staying. We will get to the Port pretty early on Sat. because we'll need to return the van at the Avis office there by around 11:00. What a neat surprise for your girls the limo ride would be!! I promise I won't mention that to Rach so that she won't mention it to Erin! After the cruise we will be flying home right away:( . We had thought about going to WDW for a few days after the cruise to see all the holiday decorations but then we just went in Dec., so we decided to just come home right away (no tickets for the parks left at this time :( ) and that way Rach won't miss as much school.

Cheryl:wave:

WMILLER86
02-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Cheryl,
The Pop Century looks really neat with the Giant Icons! You should really enjoy it.
That is great that you made such good friends on your cruise. We enjoy meeting people that are from somewhere else than Texas, so we are hoping to have tablemates on this cruise. (We like people from Texas, too, but it is nice to meet people from other states!) We were on a Carnival Cruise in December, but just had a table for 4 by ourselves.

We are looking forward to meeting you guys, also!

Willie

WMILLER86
02-23-2004, 04:39 PM
BUMP

WMILLER86
03-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Still hoping to find some more Thanksgiving cruisers. Would be great to set up an onboard meet.

momsgoofy
03-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi to you all!

We will be on the 11/20/04 Magic cruise...our first cruise ever! It will be the three of us, Dh, DS (will be 12 1/2 at time of cruise), and me.

We were disappointed about the change from Key West to CC as dh and I were looking forward to seeing Key West. But we look to the bright side and figure twice at CC is going to be great fun, too. Plus if it's raining one of the days, then we will at least be able to enjoy CC once. pirate:

We are flying in the morning of the cruise and returning home the day we dock back at Orlando. We are already taking ds out of school for 2.5 days and dh teaches college so we need to be back for schools the Monday after.

Well, just a short post for today...

Laura šoš

WMILLER86
03-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Welcome aboard Laura!

My name is Willie and I will be sailing with DW Kelli, and DD's Hayley and Erin. Hayley is 13 and Erin is 9. Where are you flying in from?

The Dis families on our cruise so far are

Cheryl W
Dorisdan
Wmiller86
Momsgoofy

Anyone else with us?

Willie

momsgoofy
03-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the nice welcome aboard!

We will be flying out of Evansville, IN on the morning of the 20th on an early (7ish) flight.

So far it seems our DS is the only boy we know of from the DIS board.

From your previous posts I gather that you have cruised with Disney before? This will be our first cruise ever and we are excited. Anything you can share with us that might be helpful?

Thanks!
Laura šoš

sunrayherosgirl
03-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Hey everybody, this is my first post on this board, so you will have to excuse any errors. I'm 22/f/pa and i am going to be on this cruise w/ my brother 14 and maybe his friend robert who is 13 (depending on cash flow) I'm staying at Pop century for 3 or 4 nights before hand and then flying back home the day i get off the ship. Would love to meet anybody :earsgirl: I found out this website from one of the users on passporter.com which i regularly (sp) put posts up on. Any questions just ask :wave: Oh my name is melissa and my bro is jimmy :tongue:

WMILLER86
03-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Welcome aboard Melissa!

We are starting to grow some now!

You are brave bringing your 14 year old brother and his buddy! What a great sister! When I was 14, my sisters would not bring me to the movies, much less a Dis cruise!

This will be my families first Disney Cruise. We sailed on Carnival last December. Cozumel was awesome.

Willie

sailing with DW Kelli, DD14 Hayley, DD9 Erin

ANyone else with us?

WMILLER86
03-22-2004, 12:24 PM
bump

momsgoofy
03-22-2004, 02:29 PM
I was just reading another post and it looks like there is another person from this board on the Thanksgiving cruise....LadyHawke. So, we are indeed growing...just hope we have some more boys fo my ds to meet.

Can't wait till Thanksgiving and our cruise...been reading so much about the great things we can do!

pirate:

Laura šoš

WMILLER86
03-23-2004, 10:28 AM
I just booked the Romantic Escape At Seas package for DW.( And myself!) Sounds worth the money if nothing else than to avoid the rush! Plus, DW always says she is not going to do a massage, then she always does one anyway. Might as well plan it!

So here is our unofficial list of Dis Boarders that will be sailing on Thanksgiving.

WMiller86
Cheryl N WI
Dorisdan
MomsGoofy
******herosgirl
LadyHawke

I have also seen a few others out there that will be with us. Hey folks! Sign in here!

Just got some of the LIME GREEN DIS Board Tshirts for the family to wear on the cruise. DD's love them. I have to fight them not to wear them out ahead of the cruise.

Willie

WMILLER86
04-06-2004, 03:12 PM
gentle bump!

Just keeping our forum active! Anybody else with us yet?

Willie

WMILLER86
04-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Anybody else sailing with daughters in the same age group as my two? (14 and 9)

My youngest has already "met" a great buddy online that she can't wait to meet on the cruise. They found that they have alot in common.

Willie

WMILLER86
05-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Welcome aboard CRSNDSNY!

CRSNDSNY
05-06-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by WMILLER86
Welcome aboard CRSNDSNY!

Thank you so much Willie!!! :teeth:

First of all, I must say that I am SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED right now I can't stand it!!! I had NO idea that this cruise was making 2 stops at Castaway Cay!!! My husband is going to be thrilled when I tell him this later! We booked this yesterday with our TA, and with all the hustle and bustle of the west coast cruises opening up I don't think he thought about it. This is wonderful news!

Well, let me start by saying I am really excited to meet everyone and get to know you all before the cruise. Cruising will be:

Me => Melody (age 29), it will be my 4th Disney Cruise
DH => EB (age 32) it will be his 3rd Disney Cruise

We are second dinner seating and category 8, deck 5. We are waitlisted for decks 6 or 7.

Does anyone know if they'll have the Christmas decorations up on Castaway Cay for this cruise?

WMILLER86
05-06-2004, 10:40 AM
CRSNDSNY,
We were excited about the two stops at CC also. I was not too thrilled about Key West.
From what I have read from others, the Christmas decorations will be up at CC on the Friday visit, but not the first stop there on Sunday. The pictures I have seen look terrific. But it sounds like you are a DCL veteran! You should have some good ideas for DIS meets.

We will be on dec 6 verandah, and a cat 11 across the hall.

Cheryl N. WI
05-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Hi fellow Thanksgiving cruisers :wave: We are now at under 200 days on our countdown!!!!! With all the hoopla yesterday for the West Coast cruises it has gotten me even more excited about this cruise. I can't wait to be back on the Magic again and I will be there much quicker than those that are going next summer!!

We are on Deck 5, Cat. 10 Secret Porthole room :D We have first seating for dinner.

Willie, Rach is really looking forward to meeting her email pal Erin! She is so excited about this cruise (so am I)!

Any other DISers joining us???

Cheryl

WMILLER86
05-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Melody,
I see that you are DVC "family". You are going "home" in a couple of weeks? Oh yes, I am jealous! We have not been to our Boardwalk Villa "home" since December 2002. We mostly used points for this cruise, so we skipped 2003. I have looked at the debates about using points vs renting out points and using the cash, but I was too chicken to try it. It seems like alot could go wrong.
Have a super trip, and tell Mickey hello for me when you see him!

Willie

LAMPSKIES
05-06-2004, 03:29 PM
O.K. WMiller86...............I have a Dec. 4, 2004 Western sailing booked. It will be our 4th DCL sailing. Never have done the Western. There is myself, DW and DDs14 and 12. Here is my situation........DD14 is going to be in H.S. nexy year and we aren't sure we should take her out an entire week. YOUR sailing would only require 3 days, being that it is the Thanksgiving week. We have sailed the week after the last two years. (The ship is AWSOME all decorated up in Christmas attire.) Now, other than having the DDs miss 2 less days you guys talk me into switching!!!!

Cheryl N. WI
05-06-2004, 05:53 PM
LAMPSKIES if you switch to the Thanksgiving cruise you and your DW wouldn't have to cook Thanksgiving dinner! That was very appealing to me. Last year I made Thanksgiving dinner for 20 people, I would much rather not have to do all that cooking, be served and best of all not have to do all that clean up! Can you tell I am soooooo looking forward to having a beak from making dinner that day LOL.

Let's see, another good reason to switch would mean that you get to cruise 2 weeks sooner! That's a good reason too, isn't it ;)

Cheryl

CRSNDSNY
05-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl N. WI
We are on Deck 5, Cat. 10 Secret Porthole room :D We have first seating for dinner.
Cheryl

Cheryl -- Looks like we're pretty close to you! We're in stateroom 5502 unless we get switched up to deck 6 or 7 (we're on a waitlist). Which SPR are you?

CRSNDSNY
05-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Melody,
I see that you are DVC "family". You are going "home" in a couple of weeks? Oh yes, I am jealous! We have not been to our Boardwalk Villa "home" since December 2002. We mostly used points for this cruise, so we skipped 2003. I have looked at the debates about using points vs renting out points and using the cash, but I was too chicken to try it. It seems like alot could go wrong.
Have a super trip, and tell Mickey hello for me when you see him!
Willie

Yes, we just bought SSR last September and are so incredibly excited for our first trip home in a couple weeks! :teeth: We are first staying Sun-Fri at BCV with our friends and their kids in a 2br. Then EB and I are moving to SSR for Fri-Sun and staying in a studio. We aren't going to MH because of the expense -- we bought our first-ever Annual Passes for this trip. That was probably the most fun I've ever had dropping almost $800!!! I probably should have hyperventilated, but I didn't. We left the Disney store jumping up and down like we had ants in our pants! :hyper: I will definitely give Mickey and Minnie a big hug for you when I see them! ;) ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

That's great that you own BWV -- that's my favorite resort so far and part of me is really nervous about owning SSR and not loving it as much as I love BWV.

Regarding points vs. cash. We rented 100pts to put towards this cruise so we didn't have to come up with as much $. It worked out okay since we did a rental and transfer combo to another DVC member and the transaction went via PayPal. I think that is the only way I would do that again. It worked out really well, but I totally understand your nervousness.

Ok --- I have a question for you about the cruise --> what do you think of doing what Verandah Man/Andy did for his lcruise last August and try to get a Palo brunch reservation for everyone together one of the days? I'm wondering if maybe you'd be able to do it because you have REAS reservations. No pressure, it's just a thought. Maybe some others on the board wil lhave an opinion on this. What do you think?

LAMPSKIES
05-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Cheryl....We spent the last two Thanksgivings at WDW prior to our sailings. 02 cancelled Eastern then transfered to Dec 1 Wonder and the last year 11/30 eastern. We spent this Easter camping in our R.V. in Southern Indiana. Away for the holiday with you family isn't a bad thing!!

CRSNDSNY
05-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by LAMPSKIES
O.K. WMiller86...............I have a Dec. 4, 2004 Western sailing booked. It will be our 4th DCL sailing. Never have done the Western. There is myself, DW and DDs14 and 12. Here is my situation........DD14 is going to be in H.S. nexy year and we aren't sure we should take her out an entire week. YOUR sailing would only require 3 days, being that it is the Thanksgiving week. We have sailed the week after the last two years. (The ship is AWSOME all decorated up in Christmas attire.) Now, other than having the DDs miss 2 less days you guys talk me into switching!!!!

Ok, LAMPSKIES...I have few reasons why it would be a great idea to switch your dates to the Thanksgiving Western:

(1) Less days to pull your daughters from school. PLUS, even the days that week that they have class, the teachers don't really have too much pressing schoolwork going on because of the impending vacation. It's such the perfect time for them to go.

(2) You will get TWO days at :sunny: Castaway Cay :sunny: !

(3) You will be able to see all of the holiday decorations onboard AND in Castaway Cay including SNOW ON CASTAWAY CAY (see picture: http://community.webshots.com/photo/107281600/107283658hoEQTV AND http://community.webshots.com/photo/107281600/107283750OCqnrH AND http://community.webshots.com/photo/107267476/107271611GtlaZG )

(4) All of us wonderful, friendly, & fun DISrs will be onboard to share the holiday MAGIC with you and your family! :grouphug:

How do you like those reasons?

LAMPSKIES
05-06-2004, 06:38 PM
That's right TWO DAYS AT CC!!!!!!!!!!!! We had DCL make us 100 postcard pics of us on CC last year with the "snow". We usually book at cat 6 verandah, it looks like only 5's are available......other than the price.....what is the difference?

CRSNDSNY
05-06-2004, 06:44 PM
That's right TWO DAYS AT CC!!!!!!!!!!!! We had DCL make us 100 postcard pics of us on CC last year with the "snow". We usually book at cat 6 verandah, it looks like only 5's are available......other than the price.....what is the difference?

It was so neat seeing snow on CC -- I really did not expect that last year! That was our second Christmas season onboard and it gets better every time! :teeth:

The only difference between a Cat 5 & Cat 6 is the slight difference it the price and location. All 5s are on deck 7, all 6s are on deck 6. They are exactly the same other than that.

LAMPSKIES
05-06-2004, 06:49 PM
Our verandah faced CC last year and I thought I was seeing things!!! We had some rough water (we caught the tail end of the hurricane) then I saw snow!!! I told DW and she said "It's 8:30 in the morning.....how many bloody Marries have you had?"

CRSNDSNY
05-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Our verandah faced CC last year and I thought I was seeing things!!! We had some rough water (we caught the tail end of the hurricane) then I saw snow!!! I told DW and she said "It's 8:30 in the morning.....how many bloody Marries have you had?"

That's so funny! Port side is my favorite side of the ship to be on. Last time we had starboard and didn't like the 'view' as much. Glad we're port again.

BTW -- I *love* bloody mary's! They're one of my favorite drinks....I like them especially spicy! Two cruises ago I drank about 4 of them at Quiet Cove Pool bar in a matter of 3-4 hours. Willy the bartender was making them SOOOO good! Later on in the evening I got picked for WWTBAM panel and remember thinking to myself as I sat up onstage, "Oooooh....too many bloody marys today!" I was definitely swaying worse than the ship!!! LOL

LAMPSKIES
05-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Miller lite has always been my flavor of choice but, there is nothing like a bloody mary on the verandah as the sun is comming up over the ocean, pulling into a port while DW and Dds are still sleeping.....thinking of everyone back at home shoveling snow and going to work!!!..............Two days at CC?:smooth: Two days at CC?:tongue: Two days at CC:bounce: :bounce: O.K. I'm back now.........how cool. Our last three sailing ment "this is your last day!!!! This time would be "4 more days and you get to come back!"

LAMPSKIES
05-06-2004, 07:09 PM
All positives so far.....just 3 negatives........1)DW saw something about Key West on the travel channel and was looking foreward to it but, 2 days at CC should be o.k. 2) Our cat. 6 is sold out so it looks like 1500.00 more than the Dec. 4 sailing......I'm o.k. with that. 3) My cat 6 is sold out which means the ship will be more crowded. We sailed Feb. 2000, Dec. 2002 and Nov. 30 of 04. All off peak and the ship wasn't full.

CRSNDSNY
05-06-2004, 07:15 PM
All positives so far.....just 3 negatives........1)DW saw something about Key West on the travel channel and was looking foreward to it but, 2 days at CC should be o.k. 2) Our cat. 6 is sold out so it looks like 1500.00 more than the Dec. 4 sailing......I'm o.k. with that. 3) My cat 6 is sold out which means the ship will be more crowded. We sailed Feb. 2000, Dec. 2002 and Nov. 30 of 04. All off peak and the ship wasn't full.

Did you ask about a CAT7? It would save you money and you'd still get the balcony and fresh air.

Also, we've sailed during Christmas once and off season twice and never really felt a difference in crowds onboard.

LAMPSKIES
05-06-2004, 07:24 PM
We've sailed the Sat after Thanksgiving and all christmas decorations are up...any idea when they do this

CRSNDSNY
05-06-2004, 07:25 PM
We've sailed the Sat after Thanksgiving and all christmas decorations are up...any idea when they do this

Someone said that our first visit to CC will not have the decorations, but the second one will. I'm not sure about onboard, though.

LAMPSKIES
05-06-2004, 07:31 PM
The Thanksgining sailing last year did the two CC stops due to some off shore boat races.............I'll post in the other forums to see if anyone answers.

Cheryl N. WI
05-06-2004, 09:33 PM
I forgot about the plus of having two stops at CC.

We have cruised twice before, once when the Magic wasn't full and the other it was "off season" but sold out and we didn't really notice any difference on how "crowded" the ship was.

CRSNDSY we are in stateroom 5520, just down the hall from you, unless you get moved.

LAMPSKIES
05-07-2004, 09:22 AM
O.K., I talked to DW this morning with DD11 listening in on our conversation. I told her of my idea. She didn't seem to care either way but.......when I said this sailing stops at CC twice DD says "LET'S DO IT!!!" So it looks like we are going to be with you!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I am going to call Monday to switch our ressies. We were going to book a verandah and an inside stateroom and let DDs take a friend each.......This way myself and DW have our room....and more importantly, bathroom to ourselves. No tripping over shoes and curling irons and makeup cases.

LAMPSKIES
05-07-2004, 09:30 AM
O.K. now I am confused!!!!!!!!! I got onto Disneys web site to check out availability for inside staeroom and verandah and cat. 6s are available!!!! But not for 4. Now I know we have been in a cat 6 with the 4 of us the last 3 sailings!!! Do some cat. 6s sleep 4 and some 3? Or are they telling me that an 12 and 14 yo can't sleep in a bunk?

CRSNDSNY
05-07-2004, 09:49 AM
O.K. now I am confused!!!!!!!!! I got onto Disneys web site to check out availability for inside staeroom and verandah and cat. 6s are available!!!! But not for 4. Now I know we have been in a cat 6 with the 4 of us the last 3 sailings!!! Do some cat. 6s sleep 4 and some 3? Or are they telling me that an 12 and 14 yo can't sleep in a bunk?

I'm guessing that some of the 6s will have the beds that pull from the ceiling. Can you call DCL and ask about this?

BTW -- I'm really happy you all decided to join us!!! :sunny:

LAMPSKIES
05-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Now I have to find that Dec. 4th thread and break it to them.....I just want to make sure airfare isn't out of control!!!

LAMPSKIES
05-07-2004, 09:59 AM
Well, air doesn't matter. 996.00 for the 4 of us no matter when we fly thru ata. Fly in Friday or Sat and fly out sat or sunday......all the same price. We'll probably fly in Friday.......just in case of a dredded Chicago snow storm on sat......wouldn't want to miss the ship.

CRSNDSNY
05-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Well, air doesn't matter. 996.00 for the 4 of us no matter when we fly thru ata. Fly in Friday or Sat and fly out sat or sunday......all the same price. We'll probably fly in Friday.......just in case of a dredded Chicago snow storm on sat......wouldn't want to miss the ship.

We're going to actually bite the bullet and fly from Philadelphia on a 6am or so flight the morning of the cruise. I have a free night through Starwood near the airport for Friday night and can keep our car there for the week for free. I don't want to pay for parking at the airport. Does that seem silly?

WMILLER86
05-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Welcome aboard, Lampskies!

Did I read that you have a DD14? My daughter will be 14 when we sail. She has been worried that she will not meet anyone on the ship. We sailed on Carnival last December, and the teen programs were cancelled because my daughter was the only one to show up. She had to hang around Mom and Dad all week. Which we loved, but she would have rather made a friend or two!
If your daughter would like to "meet" Hayley via email, send me a PM or email, and I will send you her email address. Of course I am a bragging Dad, but she really is a terrific kid.

We will be on deck 6 in 6584 and 6585. We have late seating for dinner.

Regarding the DIS meet. That is a great idea.I will gladly try to set up a Palo brunch for the whole DIS crew. I am not sure what info I will need. So if anyone has done this, let me know. I think I saw where someone did this and even had a private room.

Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, Cheryl was telling you that it was better to be served Thanksgiving dinner, than to cook for 20. Well, I have to agree. I do the holiday dinners around our place. And I love to cook. But.... I would much rather have this years turkey dinner served to me! However, I do make a mean turkey dressing!

Looking forward to THE BEST Magic sailing.

Willie

LAMPSKIES
05-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Yep, DD14 Jessica (just turned 14 in March) will be sailing...also her sister Alli will be 12 this month. This will be or 4th sailing in 4 years and DDs haven't gone to many of the "clubs". You know, they are 14 now!! Jess spent time at the internet cafe and the shows and up top "tanning". She also spent time in the game room. We ALWAYS book late seating. Our first was early and was nuts trying to get 3 ladies ready by 5:30. Looks like we have to go with a cat. 5. Our last room was 6608......we LOVED aft. Perfest elevator placement.

CRSNDSNY
05-07-2004, 12:18 PM
Welcome aboard, Lampskies!
Regarding the DIS meet. That is a great idea.I will gladly try to set up a Palo brunch for the whole DIS crew. I am not sure what info I will need. So if anyone has done this, let me know. I think I saw where someone did this and even had a private room. Willie

You may want to PM Andy aka Verandah Man. He did this for his last cruise. BUT, you may also want to start a thread to see if anyone with REAS was able to successfully do this.

Thank you so much for taking this on! I think it will be fantastic! :teeth:

CRSNDSNY
05-07-2004, 12:23 PM
With all of your cooperation, I'd love to start a cruise list similar to what others on the boards have done. Some examples are:

http://**********************/page13.html

http://**********************/page18.html

http://www.verandahman.com/82104cruiselist.htm

Does anyone have any suggestions?

momsgoofy
05-07-2004, 01:26 PM
I am so excited there are more people cruising with us...we are the first timers it would appear so I greatfully accept any words of wisdom passed my way. :wave:

It also looks like my DS will be the token young man in the group. He turns 12 in 8 days and isn't sure about all the kids stuff..you know, that is for "kids". He does think it will be fun to try some of the activities. He's an only child so he's used to being around adults.

WMILLER 86, I noticed that our staterooms are kind of close...we are in 6567 unless the pixie dust sprinkles upon either of us before we cruise. We are in a Cat. 11, DH and DS liked the idea of a really dark room for sleeping and I think the three of us will do fine in the room. Honestly, I am just thrilled to be sailing.

So, what is all of this I've been reading about snow at CC? Is this something that will happen when we are there...perhaps the second visit? Such a cool Christmas card...when DS was a baby we lived in Puerto Rico so for Christmas I put him in a Santa hat, swim trunks and shades under a baby palm tree. It was too cute.

About that Palo idea...could be interesting. See what you can find out!

Well, off to work now...have to earn some money for souveniers..:moped:

Have a Magical Disney Day!!!:earboy2:

Laura šoš
Can't believe we are under 200 days...

LAMPSKIES
05-08-2004, 08:48 AM
o.k. , it's official........I am switching the sailing dates on Monday!!!! We are going to fly in on friday, spend the night and be first in the line for some of the jumbo shrimp!!

CRSNDSNY
05-08-2004, 09:26 AM
o.k. , it's official........I am switching the sailing dates on Monday!!!! We are going to fly in on friday, spend the night and be first in the line for some of the jumbo shrimp!!

:wave2:

:thewave:

CRSNDSNY
05-08-2004, 10:33 AM
See The Thanksgiving Cruise List Web Site & Informational Guide (http://www.kings.edu/mfpriebe/cruise)

I hope to hear from you all via email to begin adding to our web site! :teeth:

CRSNDSNY
05-10-2004, 07:11 AM
:bounce:

LAMPSKIES
05-10-2004, 01:03 PM
O.K...........we're booked!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I booked two staterooms.....6130 verandah for myself and DW and 6131 for DDs!!!!

CRSNDSNY
05-10-2004, 02:20 PM
O.K...........we're booked!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I booked two staterooms.....6130 verandah for myself and DW and 6131 for DDs!!!!

I am so glad to hear!

Feel free to add information to our Cruise Web Page (http://www.kings.edu/mfpriebe/cruise)

bridegirl
05-10-2004, 04:24 PM
We are also cruising November 20, 2004 on the Magic:

Room 8516
Me
DH
DS- 5
DS-2

Room 8416
My sister - birthday on the ship
her husband
her DD- 5
her DD - 2, but turning three on the ship

Room 8532
my other sister and her boyfried

room 8534
My mom
her husband - their wedding anniversary on the trip

We all sailed once before the first week of 2000 and loved it. We are SO EXCITED for two days at CC!!!! That was the best day ever.

Please let me know if anyone else is bringing "littles" like we are.

Susy

CRSNDSNY
05-10-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by bridegirl
We are also cruising November 20, 2004 on the Magic:

Room 8516
Me
DH
DS- 5
DS-2

Room 8416
My sister - birthday on the ship
her husband
her DD- 5
her DD - 2, but turning three on the ship

Room 8532
my other sister and her boyfried

room 8534
My mom
her husband - their wedding anniversary on the trip

We all sailed once before the first week of 2000 and loved it. We are SO EXCITED for two days at CC!!!! That was the best day ever.

Please let me know if anyone else is bringing "littles" like we are.

Susy

WOW! That's quite a group you have going! Very exciting! WELCOME ABOARD!

I will add your information to our cruise website. :wave2:

BTW -- I'm looking at the deck layout -- did you mean 8016 instead of 8516? I can't find 8416.

WMILLER86
05-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Bridegirl,

I believe that DORISDAN has young-ens. I think they are daughters age 5 and 4.
Dorisdan? Are you still on the DIS?

GREAT website Melody! You should be flooded with sign ups soon!

This will be THE BEST Magic sailing!

Willie

CRSNDSNY
05-10-2004, 05:10 PM
GREAT website Melody! You should be flooded with sign ups soon!
Willie

I HOPE SO!!! :teeth:

Ladyhawke10
05-11-2004, 06:54 AM
So fun to find out about this thread! I will be there w/ my son, age 5, for the Thanksgiving cruise! I'm not sure what to expect but am really excited about going. We live in Ohio now but will be moving to California by the time the cruise sets sail. Nice to see the website for this cruise and hear about others going!

All best,

Marilyn

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

CRSNDSNY
05-11-2004, 07:59 AM
WELCOME ABOARD Marilyn & Darren!

LAMPSKIES
05-11-2004, 09:40 AM
Welcome aboard Ladyhawke10!!!!!! I saw you had another thread going about a dis meet. On our last sailing we met on deck 10 at the sailaway party.

CRSNDSNY
05-12-2004, 06:09 AM
Just a gentle :bounce: to get us back on page one in case someone else is going to join us.

LAMPSKIES
05-12-2004, 10:13 PM
CRSNDSNY........6:09am on the bump? This is a problem???

CRSNDSNY
05-13-2004, 05:58 AM
CRSNDSNY........6:09am on the bump? This is a problem???

Are you poking fun at my early morning hour posting? If so, I'm a huge morning person and here in PA, that was 7:09am, not 6:09am. LOL :teeth: I don't think clearly at night, but early morning I'm as sharp as a tack! ::yes::

LAMPSKIES
05-13-2004, 03:35 PM
Sorry I just couldn't resist. LOL

CRSNDSNY
05-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Sorry I just couldn't resist. LOL

:rotfl:

We always have late dinner seating onboard and if I don't get a snooze in during the afternoon, I almost fall asleep at dinner! :laughing:

LAMPSKIES
05-13-2004, 04:42 PM
We are late night people.....I'm in the auto buisness and we are open 'till 9:00p.m. during the week. So many times I don't even get home 'till 10-11 o'clock. DD Jessica 14 we had to drag her our of bed on our last sailing at 11:00 a.m. ME.......I'll be up late, but I'll be on my verandah with a bloody mary as we dock!!!! Nothing like that smell of Carribean air and the sight of that new port on the horizon with the sun comming up.

CRSNDSNY
05-14-2004, 05:45 AM
We are late night people.....I'm in the auto buisness and we are open 'till 9:00p.m. during the week. So many times I don't even get home 'till 10-11 o'clock. DD Jessica 14 we had to drag her our of bed on our last sailing at 11:00 a.m. ME.......I'll be up late, but I'll be on my verandah with a bloody mary as we dock!!!! Nothing like that smell of Carribean air and the sight of that new port on the horizon with the sun comming up.

The only time I was a late-nighter was in college (I don't know how the heck I did that!). I absolutely LOVE mornings! It seems like I can get so much done earlier in the morning. In fact, I recently changed my work hours from an 8:30am start to a 7:30am start because I was having trouble with being fully alert and enthusiastic when 3/4pm hits! :faint: Hubby says it's because I'm getting old -- I keep telling him I'm not old, I'm only 21! Of course, I've been 21 for many many years now but nobody has to know that!

Mornings onboard are so wonderful! Last cruise I had to go without hubby so I'd get up early (while my mom snoozed), walk up to deck 9, get a cup of coffee and enjoy the ocean air. There is absolutely nothing in the world like the smell, look and ambiance of the sun rising over the beautiful blue ocean. Amazing. THEN, I'd stroll around until the Rainforest at the Spa opened up at 8am and relax in the steam rooms. THAT is pure paradise to me -- my happy place! ::yes::

LAMPSKIES
05-14-2004, 09:13 AM
That is the main reason why I booked 2 rooms. The cat. 6 and 11. DDs can now sleep in "the cave" cat. 11, and I can leave that verandah door wide open and smell that air. THERE IS NOTHING LIKE STROLLING UP TO DECK 9 WHITH THE SUN COMMING UP!!! There aren't many people.....the coffee is fresh, and, oh, that Carribean air!!!!

CRSNDSNY
05-14-2004, 11:43 AM
Well, we'll have to be very careful to not let the 'secret' out! ;)

WMILLER86
05-14-2004, 03:15 PM
You guys are killing me with this stuff! Can I change to a cruise next week?!!! The scenes you describe sound like my favorite part of any vacation. The fun stuff is great, but the quiet times are , well, magic.

Lampskies, we did the same thing with a cat 6 for us, and cat 11 for the girls.

Willie

LAMPSKIES
05-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Willie.....is this your first sailing?? I'm sure it was posted somewhere and I missed it!!

WMILLER86
05-14-2004, 05:06 PM
This will be our first Disney cruise. We sailed on a Carnival "Fun" ship last December as a test cruise. I was worried about getting seasick! But we wore scopalamine patches and were fine.

The cruise left much to be desired. We knew it would not be Disney, but I don't want to go into how many problems we had!
Even with the problems, we were together as a family, and we made it fun. Since we are "Disney People" , we figure we will have a great cruise on the Magic.

Sounds like you are the Disney Cruisin Veteran on this one. Any helpful hints for a fellow Miller Lite drinker? LOL I am not too big on those Bloody Marys, though!

Willie

LAMPSKIES
05-15-2004, 09:14 AM
Willie.....true story.....I am a miller drinker (as if you couldn't tell buy the pics on the web site). Gassmandy sailed with us and I ALWAYS had my ESPN mug. By Wednesday, 2 bars were out of my flavor!!!
We are not really a "disney family" but we so much love the pampering that we have gone every year for the last 4. I actually was going to book a week at "Beaches" instead of sailing but DDs wanted to sail again.

CRSNDSNY
05-15-2004, 10:36 AM
http://www.kings.edu/mfpriebe/cruise/images/lampskies.jpg
http://www.kings.edu/mfpriebe/cruise/images/lampkies02.gif

WMILLER86
05-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Drinking the bars dry of Miller Lite. Hmmm.... I had better send a notice to Disney that you and I both will be sailing at the same time. They may need to drain a few water supply tanks and fill them with our "favorite beverage"! I would hate to run out mid week!
Actually, I have been doing the low carb thing for the past year, and ML is one of the beverages I have been able to have a few of. I have not had many "Foo Foo Drinks" in a while. So I may decide to go with the drink of the day.

Gee, all these hard decisions!

Looking forward to the BEST Magic sailing on Nov. 20!

Willie

LAMPSKIES
05-17-2004, 06:39 PM
As you can see Willie from the pics the servers were nice enough to have my miller lite on ice in that stainless steel bucket before we sat down for dinner. At CC it was but 5 get 1 free.......that's right something free at DCL!!! The only time I did a "foofy drink" was the last night DW an I went to Diversions to see the funniest skit I had ever see with some of the CMs. Between Sunday football, Monday football and some hockey myself and Pierre (the CM in charge of diversions) and a few others sailing we all got to know each other pretty well...........Hey, I just thought of something......on our Eastern sailing last Nov. the first day (Sunday) was a sea day. This year it's a CC day!!! And there is no way my BEARS will play on Monday with their record last year!! LOL

LAMPSKIES
05-17-2004, 06:43 PM
Look what I found for all interested: Sunday, Nov. 21
Dallas at Baltimore, 1:00 St. Louis at Buffalo, 1:00
Arizona at Carolina, 1:00 Indianapolis at Chicago, 1:00
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati, 1:00 N.Y. Jets at Cleveland, 1:00
Tennessee at Jacksonville, 1:00 Detroit at Minnesota, 1:00
Denver at New Orleans, 1:00 San Francisco at Tampa Bay, 1:00
San Diego at Oakland, 4:05 Miami at Seattle, 4:05
Atlanta at N.Y. Giants, 4:15 Washington at Philadelphia, 4:15
Green Bay at Houston, 8:30
Monday, Nov. 22
New England at Kansas City, 9:00

Thursday, Nov. 25
Indianapolis at Detroit, 12:30 Chicago at Dallas, 4:15

WMILLER86
05-18-2004, 08:48 AM
Hey Lampskies,
"Da Bears" VS "America's Team" On Thanksgiving? This will be great. Is Diversions the place to watch football? Jeez, I guess I had better bring my Dallas cap! I will not be talking any trash, though! I still hurt from that 44-0 Bear thumping back in about 1985!

Although a longtime Cowboy fan, I have season tickets to Houston, since we are closer. The Houston games are alot of fun to attend. My DD's love the atmosphere. Our seats are on row 6 from the field, so they get to interact with Toro, the mascot, and the cheerleaders. I will have to give up my seats for that Sunday night game VS Green Bay. But maybe I can catch it onboard(ESPN).

Jeez, the Caribbean, Disney, Thanksgiving, AND the NFL! Ain't America great?

Willie

LAMPSKIES
05-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Ya Willie, Diversions was the place for football on our 11/30/04 Eastern sailing. 16 T.V.s and 4 different games!!! They picked the games buy record........I was packed and a BLAST!!!! The Monday night game was also down there on 8 T.V.s and they had hockey on the others....Pierre (the CM that is in charge of Diversions) is from Canada and a BIG hockey fan.

CRSNDSNY
05-18-2004, 10:38 AM
Look what I found for all interested: Sunday, Nov. 21
Dallas at Baltimore, 1:00 St. Louis at Buffalo, 1:00
Arizona at Carolina, 1:00 Indianapolis at Chicago, 1:00
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati, 1:00 N.Y. Jets at Cleveland, 1:00
Tennessee at Jacksonville, 1:00 Detroit at Minnesota, 1:00
Denver at New Orleans, 1:00 San Francisco at Tampa Bay, 1:00
San Diego at Oakland, 4:05 Miami at Seattle, 4:05
Atlanta at N.Y. Giants, 4:15 Washington at Philadelphia, 4:15
Green Bay at Houston, 8:30
Monday, Nov. 22
New England at Kansas City, 9:00

Thursday, Nov. 25
Indianapolis at Detroit, 12:30 Chicago at Dallas, 4:15

Is this the game they play with a black and white funny looking ball where they try to get it in a net? ;)

WMILLER86
05-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Melody, Melody, Joe Paterno would be crying if he knew some one from Pennsylvania did not know about football!

Actually sports are just an excuse for guys( and gals) to get together, drink beer, and yell alot. Watching sports alone is boring!

Willie

CRSNDSNY
05-18-2004, 11:45 AM
Actually, although I'm not a big football fan, I do enjoy watching football on and around Thanksgiving. It's festive. Other than that, forget it! :teeth:

LAMPSKIES
05-18-2004, 11:53 AM
Actuall DW (Kim) isn't a big football fan either. Two sailings ago when the ESPN bar was still opened the had bleacher type chairs, the bears were playing the pac....it got pretty roudy. Looks like we are all late seating....right? Should be a party for that bear-cowboy game!?

LAMPSKIES
05-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Look my countdown clock is right now!!!!

CRSNDSNY
05-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Look my countdown clock is right now!!!!

Awesome!

LAMPSKIES
05-19-2004, 02:45 PM
O.K., it's officially 6 months to the second that was will be flying out of Chicago.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Soooooo, I've been checking the weather in cozumel........average for Dec. is 82 degrees for a high and 69 for a low!!!!!:smooth:

CRSNDSNY
05-19-2004, 03:40 PM
O.K., it's officially 6 months to the second that was will be flying out of Chicago.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Soooooo, I've been checking the weather in cozumel........average for Dec. is 82 degrees for a high and 69 for a low!!!!!:smooth:

:sunny: That doesn't sound too bad to me! :teeth: I can't wait to go! I didn't even realize it was 6 months today. We'll be heading down to Philadelphia pre-cruise. YEAH!:sunny:

LAMPSKIES
05-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Forcast for tomorrow is 86 and clowdy here tomorrow....I'll just pretend it's Mexico!!

CRSNDSNY
05-20-2004, 08:20 AM
Forcast for tomorrow is 86 and clowdy here tomorrow....I'll just pretend it's Mexico!!

Just go and make yourself a margarita!

WMILLER86
05-20-2004, 08:41 AM
RE: Weather in Cozumel in Nov-Dec

I was in Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen this past Christmas, and the weather was mid 80's and beautiful! We snorkeled, I made a dive trip, and we swam on the beaches. The water should be even a little warmer in November. I loved the 2 days there.

I was actually surprised that I enjoyed Mexico so much. But the local citizens we met were very friendly,helpful, and polite. Much better than some cities in the U.S.! Although in fairness, most U.S. tourist cities I have found to be much more friendly than non-tourist cities. I guess when your main industry is getting people to come visit you, the hospitality gets more widespread! No matter what country you are in.
I know that in nearby Houston, when they were hosting this years Super Bowl, there was a widespread effort to make locals more "tourist friendly" . The slogan was something like "Hey Houston, we have company coming!"
OK, I will quit rambling on about this. Just something I found interesting about travelling!

Willie

CRSNDSNY
05-20-2004, 09:43 AM
RE: Weather in Cozumel in Nov-Dec

I was in Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen this past Christmas, and the weather was mid 80's and beautiful! We snorkeled, I made a dive trip, and we swam on the beaches. The water should be even a little warmer in November. I loved the 2 days there.

I was actually surprised that I enjoyed Mexico so much. But the local citizens we met were very friendly,helpful, and polite. Much better than some cities in the U.S.! Although in fairness, most U.S. tourist cities I have found to be much more friendly than non-tourist cities. I guess when your main industry is getting people to come visit you, the hospitality gets more widespread! No matter what country you are in.
I know that in nearby Houston, when they were hosting this years Super Bowl, there was a widespread effort to make locals more "tourist friendly" . The slogan was something like "Hey Houston, we have company coming!"
OK, I will quit rambling on about this. Just something I found interesting about travelling!

Willie

That is a very interesting perspective, Willie!

LAMPSKIES
05-21-2004, 12:59 PM
bump:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

LAMPSKIES
05-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Hey Willie I guess our DDs have hooked up on line........do ya think they are talking about us? LOL

momsgoofy
05-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Well, it's nice to know that even though my DS doesn't seem to have any guys his age on the cruise, at least there will be Willie and Lampskies with whom he can talk sports. :thewave:

About 6 weeks ago the testosterone must have kicked in because all he's done everyday since is come home from school, turn on the TV and watch sports. It doesn't matter if it's sportscenter, hockey, baseball, basketball...a current game or one from the past...he's watching sports. It may be my own fault since I introduced him to hockey as a Christmas present. Since DH is not a sports fan at all...okay, he did enjoy the hockey game, too...but we gave DS DirectTV with a Tivo in his bedroom for his 12th birthday last Saturday. It was finally installed today and he's been there ever since...watching sports! and recording car shows.
:earseek: What's a momma to do?

And as for those Miller Lites....save one for me! I do enjoy a nice cold one once in a while. :drinking1 Can't say I've ever been a fan of Bloody Marys...always been a rum girl myself.

I had not realized either that we are at the 6 months mark....I feel a little dance coming on...:cool1: I can hardly contain my happiness! I've gotten over the fact that we will not be heading to KW thanks to all of the wonderful posts about CC.

Have a magical weekend!
Laura šoš

WMILLER86
05-24-2004, 08:55 AM
Hey Willie I guess our DDs have hooked up on line........do ya think they are talking about us? LOL

I did not know they were "talking" yet! Shows how much I know!
I gave Hayley the email address, but she is kind of shy, so I did not know if she would write. I am really glad they are communicating. It just seems like it would be easier for anyone to sort of know someone ahead of time.

They are probably making plans to dump us, and have fun on their own! The nerve of them! My daughter lives in constant fear that the old man will actually dance in front of her friends. I have tried to explain that disco dancing is still in style in some countries.....Oh well, long live the Bee Gees.

Hey Laura, your son can explain hockey to me! We just got a minor league team here in Beaumont. I have not yet been to a game, but I am going next season. Ice skating is not too big here, obviously! ( We are east of Houston, Texas.)

Willie

LAMPSKIES
05-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Ya Willie I didn't get out of her how much they have chatted, but I hold her I gave out the e mail addy and she just said "ya, we talked to each other". 14 yos?!?!?!?! Last sailing 11/30/03 Eastern she spent much time in the internet cafe'. You know keeping in touch back home. We've done 3 sailings and they haven't spent any time in the kids clubs.....with they age difference 14 and 12 now the were going to be seperated.

LAMPSKIES
06-01-2004, 09:38 AM
Everybody must have been gone this weekend. We went to Cedar Point Ohio with our R.V. Hope all had a good holiday!!!!!!!

CRSNDSNY
06-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

We just got back Sunday evening from Disney World. We spend 5 nights at the Beach Club Villas and 2 nights at Saratoga Springs. It was the most wonderful vacation we've ever had!

Now I can concentrate on some serious cruise planning! :teeth: Can't wait to meet you all in person!

silver7
06-05-2004, 08:56 AM
We just booked a cat 11 for my MIL and a cat 8 for us.

We are:
Teresa (ME)
DH
DS 16
DS 12
MIL

This is our second disney cruise, and cannot wait! Did I read somewhere that the ship will be decorated for Christmas:earseek: That would be Awesome!:bounce:

momsgoofy
06-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Hello everyone!

We, too, are recently back from a mini vacation...went to Gatlinburg where we actually relaxed.

Silver7, you have a son going on the cruise who is 12? I will tell my DS who is also 12...will be 12 1/2 when we cruise. Up till now he was the lone young man on the board.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...we're back to the busy schedule here...rushing to music lessons as I type.

Laura šoš

LAMPSKIES
06-05-2004, 11:11 AM
Silver7........this will be our 4th sailing. Our last two were the week after Thanksgiving and the ship IS decorated for that sailing. Someone posted earlier that our first stop at CC will not be decorated but it will be on the return!!:bounce: :bounce:

WMILLER86
06-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Welcome aboard Silver7!

I am just down the road from you. We live just outside Beaumont.
I read some reviews from this past years Thanksgiving cruise that Castaway Cay is not decorated on the first stop(Sunday) but that it is very decorated on the second stop.(Friday)
I also saw some photos somewhere that showed many of the decorations, both ship and CC, and in Disney fasion, they were pretty great!

Reminder, if anyone wants to sign up for the Dis Meet at Palo we are trying to set up, please sign on Melodys web page under the Dis Meet link.

Willie

CRSNDSNY
06-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Teresa (aka Silver7):
I added the info you emailed to me for our cruise webpage. Thanks for sending it and feel free to send me more information or photos of you and your group! I'd be happy to post it!

Here are some pictures of the ship and Castaway Cay decorated for Christmas:
http://community.webshots.com/album/107267476xeNpOf
http://community.webshots.com/album/107281600CvRKhY

ENJOY!!!

CRSNDSNY
06-07-2004, 01:37 PM
I must be honest here, I have been looking and looking and searching searching for decent flight prices and have not been having any luck here. I've searched for flights leaving from three possible airports and going into either MCO or SFB AND trying leaving on Friday or Saturday and coming home on Saturday or Sunday. The prices are ASTRONOMICAL! I'm guessing it is because of the Thanksgiving holiday?

If I don't find a flight price for us around the $200 a person mark, we may not be able to make this cruise! Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!

LAMPSKIES
06-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Crsndsny......I booked out of Gary/Chicago airport 138.00 round trip!! They fly out of Allentown PA., Colubus Ohio, Nuburg PA.....www.flyseal.com

CRSNDSNY
06-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Crsndsny......I booked out of Gary/Chicago airport 138.00 round trip!! They fly out of Allentown PA., Colubus Ohio, Nuburg PA.....www.flyseal.com

Thanks for the try, LAMPSKIES, but I already tried that airline. A couple of factors that would make that not work:
1 - they only depart for SFB at 12:20 in the afternoon, which means we'd have to leave Friday.
2 - They only depart SFB for AVP at 8:45am which means we'd have to leave for home on Sunday.

This would add two extra days to our trip which we can't be away for. :( The price is decent (about $218 - $249 a person).

If you think of any other airlines, please pass them along. I appreciate your help!

CRSNDSNY
06-07-2004, 03:28 PM
It looks like our only hope will be with Southwest Air out of Phila. They have fares as low as $79 one way, but are only released up to October 29th.

Please cross your fingers everyone!

WMILLER86
06-07-2004, 03:57 PM
We are self employed(Insurance Agency), so we usually have to travel Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. So we are used to the high air costs. It is really difficult to find good rates around Thanksgiving. We are paying about $400 pp to fly this year from Beaumont. We could save some by flying out of Houston, but it is an hour and a half drive, plus parking is free at our local airport.
I agree that it stinks that the air prices are so high around the holidays. Supply and demand, I guess. Someone told me that the Sunday after Thanksgiving is the busiest airline day of the year.

I hope that it works out for you. Keep looking!

Willie

LAMPSKIES
06-07-2004, 04:25 PM
We have the same time issue but we are going to fly out on Friday at 10:15 a.m. stay at Ron Jons then go to port then after the sailing we are staying another night afterwards.

LAMPSKIES
06-07-2004, 04:30 PM
138.00 per person and FREE parking at the airport southeast airlines:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

silver7
06-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Yall!

I too looked at the airfares, but have decided to wait until Southwest can book. We may be driving, which means the kids would miss a day of school, but for sure my MIL will be flying.

Crsndsny, I am sure you will find a good airfare! Southwest is cool and has a good sense of humor. I flew them a couple of years ago at Christmas to Orlando, and they had Santa Elvis singing to us to help us pass the time!
Keep watching their website. They only book 6 months out, so be on the phone that morning.

Good Luck!:fish:

CRSNDSNY
06-07-2004, 05:17 PM
138.00 per person and FREE parking at the airport southeast airlines:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

That's awesome!

CRSNDSNY
06-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by silver7
Crsndsny, I am sure you will find a good airfare! Southwest is cool and has a good sense of humor. I flew them a couple of years ago at Christmas to Orlando, and they had Santa Elvis singing to us to help us pass the time!
Keep watching their website. They only book 6 months out, so be on the phone that morning.

Good Luck!:fish:

Very good info to know...thanks for sharing. I will keep watch.

silver7
06-09-2004, 08:48 AM
We decided to drive in on the 19th, and use our remaining points at OKW for a studio. That way we will not be stressed (I tend to get that way!)and will be well rested on Saturday.

CRSNDSNY
06-09-2004, 08:55 AM
We decided to drive in on the 19th, and use our remaining points at OKW for a studio. That way we will not be stressed (I tend to get that way!)and will be well rested on Saturday.

That's a great idea!

silver7
06-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Has anyone thought about the excursions they might take? We are thinking about Stingray City in the Caymans, scuba in Cozumel, and snorkling in Castaway Cay. How about yall?

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

I still can't believe we are going!:hyper:

WMILLER86
06-11-2004, 12:00 PM
This has been a big topic of discussion around our house. DD and myself are trying to find time to get scuba certified to dive Cayman or Cozumel. Both are beautiful clear water.
DW wants to parasail ar CC. We all want to hit Paradise Beach at Cozumel, and Cozumel Mini Golf! I have read so many great things about those two spots.

So many choices! DW will have to put together a spead sheet for the week, like she does for WDW trips! That will help organize the Palo and REAS stuff.

Willie

CRSNDSNY
06-11-2004, 12:18 PM
DH and I definitely know that we want to go snorkeling at one of the ports...just not sure which one yet!

CRSNDSNY
06-11-2004, 12:20 PM
So many choices! DW will have to put together a spead sheet for the week, like she does for WDW trips! That will help organize the Palo and REAS stuff.
Willie

Your wife is a woman after my own heart! :teeth: I *LOVE* spreadsheets and organizing things! Check out the spreadsheet from our recent vacation: CLICK HERE (http://www.kings.edu/mfpriebe/may04.htm) Hubby thinks is a cute version of obsessive compulsive disorder! ;)

silver7
06-12-2004, 06:16 PM
What day are yall looking at doing the Palos brunch?

We got our intial cruise papers in the mail today!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

CRSNDSNY
06-13-2004, 08:45 AM

There is a chance that if we 'have' to fly in on Friday, that we'll do the same thing and use our points for a DVC studio.

WMILLER86
06-14-2004, 02:58 PM
Melody,
That spread sheet was awesome! Now I can just let you make one up for this cruise, and the Miller Family will follow you around the whole week!
Kelli wants to know what program you used ?

Silver7,
I was wanting to plan the Palo Brunch on one of the sea days.
What do you think?

Willie

silver7
06-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Sea day sounds great to me!

Melody, which dvc are yall thinking of staying at? Our Home away from Home is OKW.

I showed my dh that spreadsheet also. We are very impressed--::yes::

CRSNDSNY
06-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Thanks everyone! You all are so nice!

At first I created it in Excel, but I didn't like how it translated to html when I wanted to put it on the net for everyone in our group to see. SO, I found it best to just create it in Frontpage. It was so incredibly useful during the trip because I decreased the size quite a bit and lamenated the schedule to have with us at all times. It was the best thing to have to keep track of everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We own at SSR, but I'm not sure where we'll end up staying the night before the cruise. I have so many starwood points to use, but it would be nice to stay DVC so we can make a days use of our APs. Still working on our airfare...

momsgoofy
06-14-2004, 11:37 PM
CRSNDSNY,

You are truly a kindred spirit when it comes to planning. I did a similar spreadsheet in excel for our WDW trip last Thanksgiving...it was my way of forcing myself to learn the program and that was a great excuse to do something Disney. ;)

Silver7,

It was nice chatting with you the other evening...I'm still working on getting DS's email settings configured so our boys can get in touch. It's been a bit crazy :hyper:...our semester started here so DH began teaching today and I started 8 hours of classes and we had a death in the extended family. So, please tell your DS that I haven't forgotten.

It's late in our neck of the woods so I'm turning in for the night!

Disney Dreams to you all!
Laura šoš

silver7
06-15-2004, 12:46 PM
Hey, I am going to WDW next week--if any of yall want me to shoot the kids a postcard, please PM me your addy and I can send it out . .I don't know that I can find cruise ones, but I am sure I could find water related ones.

:boat: :cool1:

WMILLER86
06-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Teresa,
Have a great WDW trip. If you are driving, honk when you go thru Beaumont on I-10!

Willie

LAMPSKIES
06-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Hey y'all.........were leaving for out R.V. ing trip out west tomorrow. Black Hills, Estess Ntl park and the the Wisconsin Dell on the way back!!!! See ya when I return!!!!!!

silver7
06-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Have a great time! How long will yall be gone?

CRSNDSNY
06-19-2004, 07:17 PM
Just got back from Myrtle Beach tonight and boy was it HOT HOT HOT there! Got some great sun and had tons of fun with my girlfriends!

Hope you all had a great week (and a fun vacation for Teresa and Lampskies! :sunny:

momsgoofy
06-23-2004, 11:17 AM
Willie,

I finally found some time to catch up and get a good dose of Disney today. Just want to ask that you add our names to the Palo brunch list...2 - DH and me. One of the sea days sounds great! Can't wait...do you think we could get the private room that VerandahMan had for their DISboards Palo Brunch?

Just keep us posted on the details! It sounds like we've got some great organizers on this cruise.

Have a Disney day!
Laura šoš

CRSNDSNY
06-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by momsgoofy
Just want to ask that you add our names to the Palo brunch list...2 - DH and me. One of the sea days sounds great!Have a Disney day!
Laura šoš

Hi Laura!
I added you to the Palo brunch list page! :)

WMILLER86
06-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Willie,

I finally found some time to catch up and get a good dose of Disney today. Just want to ask that you add our names to the Palo brunch list...2 - DH and me. One of the sea days sounds great! Can't wait...do you think we could get the private room that VerandahMan had for their DISboards Palo Brunch?

Just keep us posted on the details! It sounds like we've got some great organizers on this cruise.

Have a Disney day!
Laura šoš

Laura,
When I confirm the details for my REAS I am going to try and get the private room that Verandah Man used. I don't know if they will allow me to or not. If not, I will make a reservation run as soon as I hit the ship. And I think all that I need are names and cabin numbers for each person.

I am looking forward to THE BEST Magic cruise ever.

Willie

CRSNDSNY
06-23-2004, 06:20 PM
I hate to do this to all of you wonderful and friendly folks, but it looks like we are not going to be able to swing this cruise. The more expensive cost of the cruise coupled with the more expensive flight is going to be difficult to swing $$$. We want to back out now so that we have time to make other arrangements for a cruise before this December -- so it looks like we may have to switch to a less expensive time like September. The only bad part of that (aside from not being able to meet you all) will be taking time off from school and work. But we really want to fit this in.

I was really looking forward to meeting everyone on this cruise, but perhaps we will have that chance some other time.

I would be more than happy to continue to maintain your cruise meet website, though! :) I really do not mind and enjoy doing it.

Again, I am so sorry.... :(

:grouphug:

silver7
06-23-2004, 10:18 PM
:( Oh no! Melody, have the Southwest flights come out? Can you drive? Are yall playing the lottery? (I am still trying to make it work!)

I am really sorry it did not work out--We were looking forward to meeting you both.

Thank you for your generous offer to maintain the website.

CRSNDSNY
06-24-2004, 05:46 AM
Thank you so much for the kind words!

No, as far as I know the Southwest flights haven't come out yet. The biggest reason we're not waiting for those flights to release is because that airline is at an airport 2 hours away from our home and I was able to secure really inexpensive flights to MCO at an airport about 15 minutes away from home if we cruise in September (also, the Sept cruise is over $1000 less expensive for us). The overall savings was just too tempting to us.

BTW -- the website stuff is fun for me! Again, I really don't mind! :teeth: Besides, by helping you with that site, I still get to keep in touch with you all! :goodvibes

WMILLER86
06-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Melody, Melody,Melody!

I am really sorry that you won't be on the Thanksgiving cruise with us! But if you are able to take off on a cruise at a time other than a holiday, it is certainly better costwise. We are a family business, so we have to take vacation on holidays when we can close the office. The rates are about as high as they can get during Thanksgiving week. We often wish we could vacation when rates are better!

Thank you for your offer to update the website you created. It is terrific. My daughter checks is every few days to see if we have any new DIS'ers. I wish I was able to set one up, but I just don't have the "know-how".

We have been lucky to get to "meet" you on these boards. You and EB have become like old friends to us here.

Is there a forum for your new cruise dates? Or a website yet? Those folks are lucky to get you onboard with them! I know you will hit the ground running!
Hey, I just thought of something. If you are going in September, we will get to read your review before we sail!

Thanks again, Melody.

Willie

CRSNDSNY
06-24-2004, 09:28 AM
Melody, Melody,Melody!
Thanks again, Melody.

Willie

Willie -- You are really very sweet! :hug: I enjoy website production, so it is like a hobby to me. I will definitely give you all details from our trip, as well as tons of pictures! Luckily, we are able to take the time off at the beginning of the semester before things really get cranked here at the college. EB won't have too much work to make up. PLUS, we have Monday off for Labor Day. We're only missing 4 days. As a bonus, we're saving so much $$$ -- more for souvenirs! :teeth:

There is a cruise thread on the Meets Board for the Sept 4-11 cruise that we will be taking. Although it is a 'special' cruise with a San Juan port, I am really bummed that we won't get the 2 days at Castaway Cay. We were really psyched about that. :(

momsgoofy
06-24-2004, 12:11 PM
Melody,

:sad1: So sorry to hear that you and EB will not be with us on the Thanksgiving cruise. I fully understand the meaning of saving some money and if you are able to take off during September, then go! With our family's schedules Thanksgiving is the only time we can manage more than a couple of days. Have a great trip! And post lots of report info...can't wait to read them.

:grouphug: Thank you so much for the offer to maintain the cruise website! Like Willie, I wish I could, but just don't have the know how and these days not much time with 8 hrs. of courses, still running my own business, family and helping to plan my class reunion this year.

As for your new cruise...San Juan will be a great stop. DS and I lived there for a year while I was still married to his biological father. If you get a chance visit the Bacardi Rum Distillery...my parents and I enjoyed it. One of my favorite photos of them is from there...they are standing next to a 10 ft. rum bottle. Old San Juan has some very pretty places to see and from there you can look back into the harbor and see all of the cruise ships. I suspect this might be a great chance to get a few shots of the ship.

Again, we will miss you in November, but still consider you part of our cruise family.

Laura šoš

momsgoofy
06-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Hello everyone! Hop you all had a great weekend!

I was just checking on the website Melody made for us and noticed there is a new name, chalk2270, added to the list. So, we are a growing group! Still wish Melody and EB could be with us.

Laura šoš

WMILLER86
06-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Howdy CHALK2270!

Welcome aboard the best Disney Magic Cruise!

I noticed that you have a DD age 9. So do I! Erin has been trading emails with another young lady about her age that is sailing. If your DD would like to "meet" her by email, send me a private message or email, and I will send you her email address.

Willie

momsgoofy
07-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Just want to say to my fellow "turkey cruisers"...

Have a very happy and safe 4th of July! :jumping1:

I think we are going to take it easy around here...grill some big burgers and hotdogs, visit with the neighbors and maybe catch a movie we've all been wanting to see :charac4: .

Laura šoš

CRSNDSNY
07-05-2004, 08:14 AM
I hope you all had a happy and safe 4th of July and are enjoying the day off today! :goodvibes

LAMPSKIES
07-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Hey guys........we made it back safe and sound!!! 3188 more miles in the 2 weeks of driving. Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Minnesota, Wisconsin then back home to Indiana!!!! What did I miss????

CRSNDSNY
07-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Hey guys........we made it back safe and sound!!! 3188 more miles in the 2 weeks of driving. Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Minnesota, Wisconsin then back home to Indiana!!!! What did I miss????
That is a heck of a lot of driving!!! :moped:

silver7
07-11-2004, 12:49 PM
How do yall feel about a "get to know you chat"? PM me if you would like to be included!::yes::

I was thinking about starting tonight at 6 central, and maybe having one about once a month until the cruise gets closer. What do yall think?:chat:

momsgoofy
07-11-2004, 03:03 PM
A Cruise chat sounds good to me...

I'll try to check back tonite. If it doesn't work out for tontite, then we could try to set up a chat for later this month.

Laura šoš

LAMPSKIES
07-14-2004, 10:41 AM
I'm going to a neighbors today.....Looks like thay are going with us. Tom and Mary....DD19, Ds17,DD12,DD8,DD5

silver7
07-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Awesome! The more the merrier!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

momsgoofy
07-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Lampskies,

Sounds great...our group is gowing again! I trust that you will get them on the DISboards and at our other site so we can all get to know one another.

:wave:
Laura šoš

CRSNDSNY
07-16-2004, 08:32 AM
Feel free to continue sending me updates for your cruise site!

momsgoofy
07-16-2004, 11:34 AM
princess: Melody,

Thanks for keeping our cruise website going! It is very kind of you!
I hope your plans for September are coming along nicely and that you have a great time...have a Bacardi rum drink for me when you are in San Juan :drinking1

Laura šoš

momsgoofy
07-16-2004, 11:38 AM
silver7,

Have we heard anything about a possible chat for our Thanksgiving cruise group? :listen: Maybe we could set one up for once a month?
Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I think it's a fun idea...just need to make the time to do it. :idea:

Laura šoš

CRSNDSNY
07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
princess: Melody,

Thanks for keeping our cruise website going! It is very kind of you!
I hope your plans for September are coming along nicely and that you have a great time...have a Bacardi rum drink for me when you are in San Juan :drinking1

Laura šoš

You all are very welcome! I'm happy to help! princess:

Plans for the September cruise are going well...in less than 50 days we'll be cruising!

silver7
07-17-2004, 10:24 AM
My thanks too Melody--the website is awesome!:smooth:

I can set up a chat anytime yall would want one. What day or time would work for the 2CC gang?:boat: :chat: :wave:

silver7
07-18-2004, 02:55 PM
What day is everyone coming in on? We are flying in the night before and staying at the Hyatt.:flower1:

momsgoofy
07-19-2004, 01:53 PM
silver7,

Hi there! We are flying in the morning of the cruise...I hope it works out okay. We are using Disney for the flight...peace of mind in case anything goes wrong with the flight)...and were told we'd be flying out around 7am CST which should put us in Orlando about 10am EST without any delays. :rolleyes: We will have to meet everyone at the terminal or onboard the Magic.

As for a good time to chat...weeknight might work better...not sure. I know the DIS boards usually have cruise chat night on Fridays so we wouldn't want to conflict with that. Anyone else got any ideas? :scratchin

Laura šoš

WMILLER86
07-19-2004, 10:34 PM
We will be flying in on Friday, and staying at the Grovensnor Friday night. We want to walk around Downtown Disney Friday. On Saturday, we are surprising the girls with a limosine ride to Port Canaveral.

We will have the Palo brunch meet, but does anyone have an idea for other meets?

I was hoping CRSNDSNY would be our leader on these meets, but (whiney voice here) nooooooo. (Just kidding, Mel;) )

This will be the best Magic cruise.

Willie

silver7
07-20-2004, 08:45 AM
I have read on some of the other meet boards that they meet at the goofy pool at 3 or something like that. How does that sound?

I would be happy to make magnetic signs for the doors. I have read something about the mickey paint swatches being used, but was thinking about something a little more detailed. What do yall think?

I had mentioned to Laura about High Tea--I think that the guys would not be interested, but are any of the girls? princess:

oh and Willie----

You are now king of the cruise, therefore you are in charge::yes:: :duck: :

Teresa

CRSNDSNY
07-20-2004, 09:06 AM
I was hoping CRSNDSNY would be our leader on these meets, but (whiney voice here) nooooooo. (Just kidding, Mel;) )
Willie

LOL! :teeth:

LAMPSKIES
07-20-2004, 01:41 PM
We are staying at Ron Jon Friday night before and the Saturday after.....our last 2 sailings we had our "dismeet" on deck 10 at the sailaway party.

silver7
07-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Wow I have heard that the Ron Jon is great!

Where on deck 10 were the meets? Let us know all the details that made them special.:sunny:

Willie, the girls will love the limo :lovestruc

Teresa

WMILLER86
07-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Oh yeah, we are also going to stay one night at Animal Kingdom. The Saturday noight after the cruise, then fly back to reality that Sunday. We are using the few DVC points we had left for the room. We wanted to eat at some of the restaurants there.

Magnetic doors signs sounds great.

A meet at the sailaway sounds good, but do you think it will be kinda hectic? I am a newbie, so I defer to the more experienced here!
Maybe we can set up a couple of meets in case someone has a conflict. I have read so many posts from people that missed the one meet, then never met up with the friends they had made here on the DIS. Look for me in my DIS neon green T-shirt, or my Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville neon green tshirt!

The king,eh Teresa? Do I have to do Elvis at the kareoke?!?

Willie

momsgoofy
07-20-2004, 06:27 PM
Hello all!

A DIS meet at the sailaway party sounds good! I think Willie has a good point about it may be a bit hectic...we're first time cruisers as well. Maybe we can share with everyone what we might be wearing on that first day. I'm sure we'll see Willie in his bright green. It might be a good idea to plan a second meet just in case some of us can't find everyone else.

Palo Brunch...I'm getting excited....I've been reading the posts about how the view during brunch is gorgeous! Any idea which day you plan to shoot for, Willie? Maybe the first day at sea?

High Tea...yes, Teresa I am willing to give it a go. It sounds fun! Just ignore me if a British accent starts coming out of my mouth...all that English propriety may go to my head.

Magnetic Door signs...wow! If you really want to give it a go, Teresa, what a nice thing for you to do. I have a Disney print shop program, but it doesn't have any nautical themes.

Lampskies...any word on your neighbor joining the cruise?

Well, I'm off to do some errands...life happens...but at least I'm a DIS board veteran now...I'm so happy.

Later,
Laura šoš

silver7
07-20-2004, 06:45 PM
Laura, just keep your pinkie up and everything will be fine :p

We have made door signs before, just used photoshop elements, and they turned out great!:tongue:

Bright green sounds good--we can spot each other easily that first day!!

How about trying to meet the first day, and then perhaps on our first day at sea?

WMILLER86
07-21-2004, 10:10 AM
I am going to shoot for the first sea day for the Palo Brunch. I will try to book it when I make my REAS reservation. But if not, I will go as soon as I board. Verandah Man advises that I will need everyones name and cabin number. Then after I leave the Res. desk, I will leave everyone a message about the exact day and time we will meet for the brunch. Anyone that wants to attend the brunch, please sign up on the Thanksgiving Cruise website with Melanie.

A Sailaway Party meet sounds good to me too.

Maybe an evening meet at Diversions to watch some football?
My Houston Texans play Green Bay on Sunday night (21st) That will be a CC day. I assume the game will be on since it is ESPN/ABC.

Willie

silver7
07-22-2004, 12:36 PM
I will shoot for the second day at sea for the high tea then.princess:

120 days is not soon enough for me!!

LAMPSKIES
07-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Our last meet was dec 10 overlooking the party below. We were in a corner where they set up the mixed drink portable bar!!! Right by the stairs going down to dec 9. It's never crowded....at least on our last 3 sailings......You'll never find everyone on dec 9.

LAMPSKIES
07-22-2004, 06:27 PM
120 DAYS LEFT:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ya know what that means??? 60 days 'till you can't get 100% refund!!

CRSNDSNY
07-23-2004, 06:07 AM
I am going to shoot for the first sea day for the Palo Brunch. I will try to book it when I make my REAS reservation. But if not, I will go as soon as I board.
Willie

When I called at 60-days out to make our REAS details Palo Brunch was already very filled and our choice of times and days were very limited. Willie, I would suggest that you call now to get that private room (assuming enough people have shown interest). It seems that it fills up fast == especially large groups. It wouldn't hurt to try. I hope you get your choice of day and time!!!

momsgoofy
07-23-2004, 10:57 AM
lampskies wrote...
120 DAYS LEFT ya know what that means??? 60 days 'till you can't get 100% refund!!

I guess that also means 60 days till we can book excursions thru DCL...

Laura šoš

silver7
07-24-2004, 08:39 AM
I think we are going to book our Cayman excursion through Capt Marvin--

But Scuba at Cozumel through Disney!

:fish:

What excursions are yall booking?:boat:

momsgoofy
07-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Well, as it stands now we are hoping to do the following...

CC- snorkeling and just some good relaxing

Grand Cayman - DS is a big fan of the Hard Rock so we will go there and the rest I think we are going to do on our own...probably just sightsee what we can.

Cozumel - DH wants to head to the ruins and I can never remember the name...it's the one passporters says you take a nice comfortable boat to...not the one with the undeground stream.

Laura šoš

DOOGIERUNNER
07-24-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm doogierunner (DIS usename)! We're also going on the Thanksgiving Cruise. It will be me (doug) 39, Jackie 40, Lincoln 11, Bailey 9.

This will be our 4th 7-day, we're also DVC members.

We're planning on doing the Dune Buggies in Cozumel http://cozumelhomes.com/tours/tour1.htm .

We've used Captain Marvins before; loved them but want to try something different and venture over to Rum Point. Thus we're taking the Rays, Reef and Rum Point through Nativeway at http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/shiptours.html .

I've sent an email to have info listed on the site.

http://www.kings.edu/mfpriebe/cruise/meetDISrs.htm

silver7
07-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Woo-hoo! Welcome to the cruise doogierunner and fam!

When are you arriving?

CRSNDSNY
07-24-2004, 06:46 PM
Doogierunner - I added your information and will add the picture on Monday at work.

WELCOME TO THE CRUISE LIST!

DOOGIERUNNER
07-24-2004, 07:08 PM
We're flying in the night before, into Tampa. I couldn't get any reasonable airfares into Orlando, Daytona or Melbourne. We try to be at the port bright and early (as soon as it opens @ 10 or 10:30). The anticipation makes the wait go fast and our son thinks it's great to be near the front of the line... after the cat 1, 2s and 3s of course.

LAMPSKIES
07-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Welcome doogierunner...........Today our neighbors are comming over for pizza so we can help them book their sailing with us:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: ..........Yes, all you newbie sailors comming with us......we learned to book an excursion rather than just site see. I seems all the islands we've been to were the same. A couple of blocks worth of straw market and depressed areas around. Our only regret on our last 3 DCL sailing were that we did't book an excursion at EVERY port. There is usually time before or after the excursion to take a quick run to the markets.....JMHO!

WMILLER86
07-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by CRSNDSNY
When I called at 60-days out to make our REAS details Palo Brunch was already very filled and our choice of times and days were very limited. Willie, I would suggest that you call now to get that private room (assuming enough people have shown interest). It seems that it fills up fast == especially large groups. It wouldn't hurt to try. I hope you get your choice of day and time!!!

I didn't think that I could book anything this early. Don't I have to wait til 60 days out?

Willie

momsgoofy
07-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Welcome doogierunner! It's nice to see more people for our cruise. I think you are the most seasoned cruiser on the trip so far...expect a bunch of questions from us who have never been.

Laura šoš

momsgoofy
07-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Willie,

I think the 60 day rule is for those booking thru DCL. I suspect lampskies is booking on his own outside of DCL. I may be wrong since I've never cruised and have never booked an excursion. I'm just guessing from what I've read on the DISboards.

DH doesn't want to risk booking outside of DCL on our first trip so we are waiting.....and waiting....and waiting...

Laura šoš

CRSNDSNY
I didn't think that I could book anything this early. Don't I have to wait til 60 days out?

Willie

The worse that could happen when you call Debbie is that she could say to call back. Since you're booking a large party, maybe she'd make an exception?

momsgoofy
Rats the server is too busy....and oops! it accidentally posted a duplicate so I changed it...

Sorry!
Laura šoš

DOOGIERUNNER
07-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Momsgoofy - Tell your DH not to worry. There's ton's of info found on google about the ports. We've only booked though DCL once - for the Fury Catermeran in Cozumel (yes it's a blast). All the others we've done through independent operators or caught our own taxis. The only thing we've done that was a bit risky was charter our our boat in St. Martin and head over to Anguilla for the day. If we would have had any problems returning, we would have missed the Magic, but we were to be back a good four hours before departure anyway so I didn't view it as a huge risk. See www.offshoresunsations.com for more info.

We're pretty sure we're going on the Dune Buggies in Cozumel, but I haven't booked yet. Paradise beach also sounds nice... and much cheaper.

We've never done Palos, any one else?

LAMPSKIES
07-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Hey guys looks like it's official, "The Fargos" (our neighbors) are going with us. There are 8 total!!!! We tentatively have them in rooms 5648 and 6135. I tried to get them logged in to these boards yesterday but the server was down............

silver7
07-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Awesome! How old are the kids?pirate:

momsgoofy
07-27-2004, 12:50 PM
doogierunner - i will have DH check out the site you posted...maybe it'll change his mind. I htink the dunebuggies would be a blast! Can't convince the boys of it though!

lampskies - 8 in the Fargo family? wow! are there any boys? For the longest time I thought DS was the only one...then silver7 added her two, and now doogierunner has added his family with one boy...

as for the server...yeah, it has been busy. Yesterday I was trying to post on this thread and it kept telling me busy, try later...then it posted my reply twice...aggravating!

Laura šoš

LAMPSKIES
07-27-2004, 01:15 PM
I believe the ages are DD19, DS17, DD12, DD7 and DD5.....

Dune buggies sound cool but I think we are going to stick to the water.........

WMILLER86
07-27-2004, 02:13 PM
HOWDY to Doug, Jackie,Lincoln, and Bailey! And also to the Fargos! Welcome aboard. We are planning a DIS Meet at a Palo brunch. If you would like to attend, sign up on the Thanksgiving Cruise website at

http://www.kings.edu/mfpriebe/cruise/

Doug, I also have a daughter age 9. Maybe they will meet.

Willie

CRSNDSNY
07-27-2004, 04:13 PM
HOWDY to Doug, Jackie,Lincoln, and Bailey! And also to the Fargos! Welcome aboard. We are planning a DIS Meet at a Palo brunch. If you would like to attend, sign up on the Thanksgiving Cruise website at

Doug, I also have a daughter age 9. Maybe they will meet.

Willie

I've already added their information! I hope they (and anyone else who hasn't done so) send me a picture to post online! :)

CRSNDSNY
07-27-2004, 04:15 PM

You're making me cry!!! I want to meet you all!:sad:

silver7
07-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Aw Mel---you can make two cruises in two months can't you??:hyper: We would love to have you cruise with us!!!

WMILLER86
07-27-2004, 04:33 PM
You're making me cry!!! I want to meet you all!:sad:

You are sailing in a month! Be HAPPY!

And get that pooch off the couch before EB gets home!

Willie

P.S. How is your new cruise coming along?

CRSNDSNY
07-27-2004, 04:56 PM
You are sailing in a month! Be HAPPY!

And get that pooch off the couch before EB gets home!

Willie

P.S. How is your new cruise coming along?

LOL! You're right! My cruise will be here and gone soon and then I'll be REEEEEEEAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYYYY envious of you all! Perhaps I'll win the lottery by November! ;)

Star's a funny girl....she's not supposed to be on Mommy's nice couch! LOL

LAMPSKIES
07-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Hey guys I know that we had the "Sunday Football" discussion earlier.........I guess there is a NASCAR race on that Sunday also......anybody like to watch cars go fast and turn left?

DOOGIERUNNER
07-27-2004, 07:34 PM
Nope, not a NASCAR fan.

Do you know the difference between NASCAR fans and indy car fans?

DOOGIERUNNER
07-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Indy car fans have teeth... :)

LAMPSKIES
07-27-2004, 07:38 PM
Hey doogierunner i see u are from the midwest.where u from?

CRSNDSNY
07-28-2004, 07:15 PM
I just want to remind everyone here that if they have any updates to add to your cruising webpage, send them directly to cruisindisney@aol.com == I may not be checking the boards much in the upcoming weeks, so I don't want to miss any of your planning.

Hope to hear from you soon! :goodvibes

silver7
07-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Packing already MEL??:p

We appreciate all that you do for us--thanks!:hug:

momsgoofy
07-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey, Mel, I just saw the photo of Star...is she a saluki? Just curious since I have a whole bunch of salukis in my backyard....ah, at Southern Illinois University that is...home of the Salukis. GO DAWGS!

And yes, do have a great time on your cruise...we'll all be wishing we were with you and EB instead back in our world of work...

Laura šoš

silver7
07-31-2004, 08:16 AM
ONLY 111 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!:thewave:

CRSNDSNY
08-01-2004, 09:20 AM
Hey, Mel, I just saw the photo of Star...is she a saluki? Just curious since I have a whole bunch of salukis in my backyard....ah, at Southern Illinois University that is...home of the Salukis. GO DAWGS!

And yes, do have a great time on your cruise...we'll all be wishing we were with you and EB instead back in our world of work...

Laura šoš

Hi Laura! Star is a greyhound. We have two rescued greys -- MeiMei and Star. If we could, we'd have two more....we love them so much! They're our little princesses. princess: princess:

BTW gang -- I just added another DIS family to your cruise site! You all must be getting so excited with almost 100 days approaching! :)

silver7
08-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Wow it looks like we have 19 rooms with DIS cruisers so far!:wave: Don't forget to sign up for the Palo brunch or the High tea--we would love for yall to join us!

tbert5
08-01-2004, 04:58 PM
We can't decide to do hight tea or brunch at Palos. The kids are talking about the cruise more & more. My 8 yr old DD would love to correspond with other girls her age. Also have DS-will be 7 at cruise time & 5 yr old DD also.

I also have a 40 something old single sister who will be on the cruise...do they have any meet ups for singles?? She'd probably kill me if she saw this.

silver7
08-01-2004, 06:24 PM
Why not both? They are on the two different days at sea. There will probably be more men at the brunch than at the the tea. Hope that helps===boy are we going to have so much fun!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

WMILLER86
08-02-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by tbert5
We can't decide to do hight tea or brunch at Palos. The kids are talking about the cruise more & more. My 8 yr old DD would love to correspond with other girls her age.

My DD age 9 would like to trade emails, also. Email me for her email.

Willie

tbert5
08-02-2004, 12:57 PM
I guess my DD is 9 now, she recently had a birthday. Willie, I did e-mail you her e-mail address also. I wish we had our daily navigators now, so I could start really planning each day. Just might have to do both high tea & brunch. Hubby would like to do the beer tasting if it is offered.

LAMPSKIES
08-02-2004, 07:15 PM
I'll be doing the beer tasting the whole sailing!!LOL

momsgoofy
08-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Holy Cow! We are up to 19 rooms? Too much fun...

Hey, Mel...that is wonderful about your "babies"...rescued...My sister would give you a big hug...She's the animal lover with 1 Rottweiller, 3 Chesapeake Retrievers and 1 beagle/spaniel mix and I think she's got a couple of hamsters her son left behind...I am allergic so I don't get attached to any.

tbert5 - Hey, just have your sister hang with us girls! I'm sure there are some single fellas we can come across...and you're right if she's like mine...she'd kill me for asking about singles events. Welcome to you and your family to our Turkey Cruise!

It's getting closer...our school year starts here in a couple weeks and then Thanksgiving is just around the corner...YEEHA!

Have a great week everyone!

Laura šoš

tbert5
08-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Momsgoofy- she's appreciate hanging out with the girls. She's talked my widowed mom 60+ into going to the singles meet-ups. It will be great to meet all of you- thanks for the hospitality!!

Sarah
:earsgirl:

silver7
08-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Sarah is your Mom going without a partner? My MIL is, and has been a little nervous about being older and by herself. I told her she would be with us most of the time and have plenty to do, but is nervous anyway.

Have yall noticed that everyone one the cruise video/dvd has a partner in them? I did not until my MIL pointed it out.

WMILLER86
08-03-2004, 12:52 PM
I'll be doing the beer tasting the whole sailing!!LOL

And the rum tasting, and the wine tasting, and ...

I'm with Lampskies!

This will be the best Magic sailing.

Willie

tbert5
08-04-2004, 04:54 PM
Silver7,

Yes, my mom is going without a partner. She has been widowed for 14 years now. I don't think she is self-conscious because of of her kids/& grandkids will be there. I've never thought about that video. Interesting...I had my 20 year class reunion & ran into a classmate whose family was in one of the videos. We talked Disney for quite a while.

silver7
08-05-2004, 07:14 AM
Wow, that is so cool that you met a "video family"! Did they have any cool inside stories?:chat:

tbert5
08-06-2004, 08:48 AM
They were on the Magic when the fire broke out in the stacks!!! She told me she is in PR & chatted quite a bit with the cruise director(aka Julie from the Love boat) & this woman asked her if they'd give a testimonial. Think they may have received some free Disney towels,etc...

silver7
08-07-2004, 09:11 AM
That must have been scary--the fire I mean, not the video:p

Does everyone realize we are down to 104 days?:hyper:

LAMPSKIES
08-10-2004, 11:55 AM
Didn't that smokestack catch fire due to the fireworks display that they use to do? Our first two sailings they had a fireworks display on a night at sea..........our last sailing last Dec.......I don't remember one.........Hmmmmmmmmm

tbert5
08-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Wonder what movie will be playing on this cruise- In 2001 we saw "Monsters Inc" days before it was released on land!! Can't wait til we're down to 99 days... Reminds me of the song... 99 bottles of beer on the wall... I think I'll change the words to: "99 days to the Disney Cruise" pirate:

silver7
08-10-2004, 01:19 PM
I am anxiously waiting to do the infamous "double digit dance":jumping2:

I am sure The Incredibles will be showing then, since its release date is the first part of November. We are going to put off seeing it until we are on the ship.

LAMPSKIES
08-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Did someone say something about beer bottles????????:bounce:

WMILLER86
08-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Did someone say something about beer bottles????????:bounce:

Yeah! 99 of em!Yee Haw!

But what about the boat drinks? The Jimmy Buffet rule applies here............ While sailing the Carribean, all parrot heads will consume boat drinks!!...................Or is that the Willie Miller rule? I forget.
(mucho LOL!)

You guys that have sailed Disney before must have some opinions about the specialty boat drinks on Disney. Let's hear some of em! For instance, how does a"SnowFlake" taste? I heard that is a CC specialty. What was your favorite boat drink or smoothie?

Willie

This will be the best Magic cruise!

LAMPSKIES
08-10-2004, 04:28 PM
I usually just put an umbrella in my beer mug......does that count?

silver7
08-11-2004, 09:04 AM
We were only on a three day before, and I only remember a bahama mama (served by a guy that balanced a whole tray of those drinks on his head!) and a conch cooler. Our day at CC was rained out, so we did not get anything there.:mad:

WMILLER86
08-11-2004, 09:09 AM
I usually just put an umbrella in my beer mug......does that count?

That sounds close enough to a boat drink for me! Maybe add a wedge of lime on the side of the glass, and you will be good to go!

Willie

"going where the weather suits my clothes":sunny:

LAMPSKIES
08-11-2004, 05:24 PM
I believe the "special" is the Konk Cooler...........DDs drink virgin daqueries all day.......I could do a lime and an umbrella......at CC if you buy 5 beers you get 1 and a bucket for free........that means 10=12 and 2 buckets........oh ya, we'll be there twice:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: .........but, the Lobster on CC won't be 'till Friday!!!!!

silver7
08-12-2004, 07:43 AM
It is almost time to do our special double digit dance. . . :jumping1:

LAMPSKIES
08-16-2004, 02:31 PM
3 months 'till we fly out!!!!!!!!!

tbert5
08-17-2004, 09:14 PM
I usually just put an umbrella in my beer mug......does that count? :cool: Sounds Good to me!:wave:

Mark

momsgoofy
08-18-2004, 08:13 AM
Hello fellow cruisers!

Let me just say..we might be in that double digit dance mode, but with all the hub-bub going on in my neck of the world...Nov. 20 ain't coming soon enough. I want to be on that ship today...I don't care if there is a hurricane a blowing.:bounce:

Laura šoš

WMILLER86
08-18-2004, 08:57 AM
Hello fellow cruisers!

Let me just say..we might be in that double digit dance mode, but with all the hub-bub going on in my neck of the world...Nov. 20 ain't coming soon enough. I want to be on that ship today...I don't care if there is a hurricane a blowing.:bounce:

Laura šoš

What is going on in Illinois?

Willie

LAMPSKIES
08-18-2004, 10:41 AM
Ya, what is going on in Illinois? I,m right next door in Indiana.......hey Momsgoofy, we're from Crown Point, In. You think it's crazy in your part of the world........we baught another house July 28th, have a closing date set for Oct. 15th.......we had to make a noncontingent offer so now we have two houses.....So try and get this one ready for sale, take care of all the financing things on the other, oh ya did mention the "new house" needs so construction done to it to "accomadate" us? (3400 sq. ft. only 2 bedrooms)....Then, oh ya, we have to move, get ready for the holidays..........ya, I will definately be ready for that week!!!!!!!

CRSNDSNY
08-18-2004, 12:52 PM
Ya, what is going on in Illinois? I,m right next door in Indiana.......hey Momsgoofy, we're from Crown Point, In. You think it's crazy in your part of the world........we baught another house July 28th, have a closing date set for Oct. 15th.......we had to make a noncontingent offer so now we have two houses.....So try and get this one ready for sale, take care of all the financing things on the other, oh ya did mention the "new house" needs so construction done to it to "accomadate" us? (3400 sq. ft. only 2 bedrooms)....Then, oh ya, we have to move, get ready for the holidays..........ya, I will definately be ready for that week!!!!!!!

Someone buy this man a beer. STAT!

:teeth:

WMILLER86
08-18-2004, 02:29 PM
Someone buy this man a beer. STAT!

:teeth:

I do believe I can handle that!

Lampy, you will need many beers by the time this cruise sails around to us. That is alot on your plate at one time. Reminds me of my family in 2000. We were living in a hotel for 6 months while our house was being repaired from water damage. During that time we had scheduled a Disney vacation at Boardwalk Villas. Since we had been eating at restaurants and staying in a hotel for months, we were not real excited about a hotel vacation!
( I gained about 30 pounds during that 6 months!)

Sounds like you will be packing and unpacking and packing again. I wish you luck! I will have a bucket of Miller ready for you!

This will be the BEST Magic cruise!

Willie

silver7
08-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Who wants to meet for Giant Shrimp and Bahama Mamas????:drinking1

silver7
08-20-2004, 07:46 AM
OR--giant shrimp and a bucket of miller?:teeth:

WMILLER86
08-20-2004, 09:16 AM
OR--giant shrimp and a bucket of miller?:teeth:

How about- ALL OF THE ABOVE? Just let me know where and when! Just look for the big guy in the lime green DIS shirt with a big smile on his face!

The following is for those of you that are planning to attend the Palo Brunch DIS Meet. I called today to reserve my times for my REAS package. I tried to get the brunch set up, but Debbie at reservations told me that I am only able to reserve brunch for two at this time. When I get on the ship, I will run to the reservation desk and try to book the rest. I will need names and cabin #s for those that want to attend. I am shooting for the first sea day (Monday) at 11:00 AM.
Right now we have 8 people signed up for this on Melanie's Thanksgiving Cruise website. So if you are reading this, and would like to attend the Palo Brunch DIS Meet, go to the website and sign up. The link is here in the thread , back a few pages.

When we get closer to the cruise date, I will ask you guys for your names and cabin numbers. If you can't find out your cabin number til you board, I will get you my cell phone number so that you can call me as soon as you board.
From what I have read, the Palo brunch is fantastic, and takes about 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours. I think the cost is $10 plus tip?

I hope some more of you decide to attend.

This will be THE BEST Magic sailing!

Willie

silver7
08-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Thanks for trying to work it out Willie! Wow, you get to reserve stuff this early? How cool is that!

Here is the link for the website for anyone who wants to add to their names to our main list, join the brunch or high tea:

CRSNDSNY
08-20-2004, 11:54 AM
or email me directly at cruisindisney@aol.com

:sunny:
Melody

LAMPSKIES
08-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Well thanks for the beers......and I am so foreward to those Jombo shrimp at the buffet before the sailaway party.....Well WMiller86, we don't have to worry about moving twice, we haven't even put ours for sale yet!!! But just recieved notice from the sellers that they can close a month early!!! Mow we're up to the week of Sept 20th........right at 60 days prior to sailing......Being that it is going to take about a month and a half to make our new house the way we want I am thinking of hiring a moving company to move EVERYTHING while we are on the sailing...........what ya think?