PDA

View Full Version : June 26 - July 3 on the Magic

Pages : [1] 2

DVCcruise
01-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Thought I'd start a roll call and see what happens. I look forward to hearing from other cruisers...

DVCcruise
01-10-2004, 12:48 PM
I hope our family is not the only one on this cruise...Maybe this second note will get the ball rolling. Our family of 4 is anxiously awaiting our 2nd Disney cruise (our 1st 7 day). I am traveling with my DH, DS (9), and DD (7). I hope to hear from other cruisers very soon. I'm starting to think we'll be alone and that's no fun!

laurenk
01-13-2004, 04:54 AM
We will be on this cruise too! It is me, DS 10, DD 10, my mother, and friends who have a DS turning 6 on the cruise. This is our second cruise on the magic!!

DVCcruise
01-13-2004, 09:05 AM
Thank you so much for writing back....YIPPEEEE! I finally have another cruiser. Where did you go on your first Magic cruise? We chose this cruise by the date, not becasue it's Eastern. Do you have any suggestions on the islands?

laurenk
01-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Sorry I can't be of any help on the islands we sailed on the Western itinerary in October. We CAN NOT wait. It is going to be a looong 6 months. Did your kids spend a lot of time in the clubs? My DS spent more time there then his sister. We also found him in the arcade quite often:rolleyes:

DVCcruise
01-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Both of my kids loved the clubs (one in each). They would spend the entire time away from us, if we let them. I'll have one in the lab and one in the club. I wish they were together, drop off would be faster. Jake likes the arcade also. Did you let them check themselves in and out? I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to find him if he checked himself out. We'll have to see what we do this time.

laurenk
01-14-2004, 05:19 AM
We did let the kids check themselves in and out. We were VERY nervous about doing it. They turned 10 on Key West, and decided to let them. The rule was they had to check in and out together, and let us know by walkie- talkie where they were going next. If they were checking themselves out it was usually to just come find us, or go get ice cream. By day 2 the CM already knew what my DS wanted as toppings:rolleyes: . They felt very safe, and we felt safe letting them do it. Some kids on that ship were out of control though. Running all over, pressing all the buttons on ALL of the elevators etc. There was one boy who actually threw himself at the elevator(glass part) when we came to a stop.:eek:

S. C.
01-15-2004, 12:32 PM
DVCcruise
Glad you posted that you started a thread here about our cruise. :) I never looked on the cruise meets site before this is great.

Hi laurenk
We also will be on the june 26th cruise, Glad to meet ya. It will be DH, myself & GS (11) we sailed on the wonder last year.

laurenk
01-15-2004, 02:39 PM
Hi! Glad you found this thread!!!

So what deck is everyone on? We are deck 6 category 11. We also have main seating for dining. I would not make it for late seating. I am an early riser, but not a night owl.

DVCcruise
01-15-2004, 08:24 PM
I'm glad that you came over to write with us. We have late seating, it worked well for us on our 4 day cruise. We have trouble getting up in the mornings...I guess that makes me a night owl. We're staying on Deck 5 in a Cat 8. Not too far away. S. C., where will we find you?

I can hardly wait to cruise. It's about 0 degrees here tonight. School was canceled tomorrow because it'll be too cold for the kids at the bus stop in the morning. I've never been so cold in my life. I'll keep inside, stay warm, and dream of Disney.

CRB#33
01-15-2004, 09:08 PM
Hi everyone!

Thanks Lauren for your pm!

We're in a cat. 6, sixth deck. Two staterooms...there's 3 teenagers and the two of us.

We have early seating...I'm with Lauren. I like to head out in the morning to enjoy the dockings and sunrises!

It's way too cold around here. -25 wind chills tonight :scared1: It's time to CRUISE!!!!

S. C.
01-16-2004, 11:54 AM
Hi Everyone
We are also on deck 6 cat. 6, we have late seating and are all pretty much night owls.

It is also cold here. Brrrrrrr it helps to think of the cruise.

DVCcruise
01-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Okay...I guess some of you are colder than I am, but I'm a transplanted southerner living in Rhode Island. I can't handle negative temperatures. I like a mid-40 degree winter. Disney in Feb. is sounding good. The pools are heated, aren't they? I don't think we'll need that in June.

Pappy
01-16-2004, 04:37 PM
we finally got rid of the kids so we are coming out on our own..this time its for us.. ..we have done the 3 day and the 4 day and so far havent sufered from seasickness,, i am going to push my luck and try the 7 day

neil and liz in a cold wet uk

laurenk
01-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Welcome Neil and Liz! You will love the 7 day cruise! It is very relaxing, and I can say that with 10 year old twins, so you know you will have an absolute wonderful time!!!

DVCcruise
01-16-2004, 09:28 PM
I think my kids would have a fit if we tried to go on DCL without them. There's so much for them to do in the Labs/Clubs, that it's a great vacation for us all. I don't even mind having them around. I definitely think it's the best family vacation anyone can take. We all had the best time. We'll be happy to share our kids with you if you get lonely! Just let us know.

CRB#33
01-17-2004, 08:49 AM
Since my 3 kids are teens, I don't expect I'll be seeing them much, LOL!

I'm going to insist that they eat dinner with us, and I know that at least my DD will want to see the shows.

She's already excited about seeing Hercules again! She loved it the last time. We giggled through the whole thing.

Are there any comedians on the Magic?

laurenk
01-17-2004, 07:17 PM
There are comedians on the Magic, but I couldn't tell you their names. They were pretty darn funny though. They were in the Family Variety show thing, then later at night they performed in Rockin Bar D where the comedy was geared towards adults only. For that I stayed up past my bedtime. One thing I did miss were the midnight dessert buffet, and the spread on deck at Mexicali night. It was just too late for me:( I am going to make a point of going this time though::yes::

S. C.
01-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
we finally got rid of the kids so we are coming out on our own..this time its for us.. ..we have done the 3 day and the 4 day and so far havent sufered from seasickness,, i am going to push my luck and try the 7 day

neil and liz in a cold wet uk
:wave: Neil and Liz
This will be our 4th cruise, 2nd disney cruise. We cruised on carnival 4 day and 7 day. on the 7 day was rough waters for the first day and a half, now we know how a baby feels to get rocked to sleep. We were lucky and never got sea sick.

DVCcruise
01-19-2004, 01:07 PM
I hope we won't have rough seas in June. I did take dramamine every day on our 4 day cruise in July. I never felt bad, but I wasn't taking any chances!

How long has Hercules been the show on DCL? It sounds like they never change the shows. That surprises me with so many repeat cruisers. We all enjoyed it, so I know we'll go see it again. We look forward to it!

CRB#33
01-19-2004, 05:19 PM
I don't know how long Hercules has been on the ships. I just read today on another thread that they did add some things and change some lines and it made it seem "fresh" :)

Has anyone heard if we'll have any pre-4th of July celebrations? I thought fireworks would be neat somewhere.

DVCcruise
01-20-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm hoping we have some great fireworks on the Magic, 4th of July or not. The Nassau fireworks on the Wonder were amazing. Some of the best I've ever seen. We leave port late one night, maybe they'll have fireworks that night. They have to be done on a barge and not on the ship, I think that's why they did them as we left Nassau. Of course, I could be wrong.

S. C.
01-23-2004, 12:19 PM
DVCcruise
We also really enjoyed the fireworks on the wonder last year. We grabbed a pina colata and a couple of lounge chairs, sat back and enjoyed.

Harryo
01-24-2004, 09:10 AM
Hello All, We'll be on the cruise as well. It's our first family cruise, DW and I did a 4 day cruise years ago on the Big Red Boat. It'll be myself, DW, DD(13), DS(10), and DS(9). We have two connecting secret porthole rooms on deck 5 and we have early seating for dinner. we are planning on doing 3 days at Universal before the cruise and then a week at DisneyWorld after the cruise. I own a week at Marriott Grande Vista so we'll staying there. Talk to you all soon.

S. C.
01-24-2004, 02:38 PM
:wave: Harryo, glad to hear from you. It will be myself, DH, and GS (11). Our grandson LOVES the kids lab, I'm sure he will be meeting your boys in the lab.

DVCcruise
01-24-2004, 04:01 PM
Harryo, glad to hear from another family who's cruising with us. Our family will be close by in 5016. I know that my DS(9) would enjoy writing to your boys before the cruise. He'll spend most of his time in the Lab, I hope your kids will enjoy it also.

WOW, how did you get 2 secret porthole rooms? You must live a good life. We'll have to compare our portholes to see what the difference is. Again, glad to hear from you.

laurenk
01-25-2004, 06:27 PM
Welcome Harryo!

DVCcruise- I think you have a great idea about the kids writing to each other before the cruise. My DD did this before the last cruise, and had an instant friend. Both of my kids(one boy one girl) are 10 and would love to be pen pals with any of the kids sailing with us. If anyone is interested pm me, and we can exchange e-mail adresses.

DVCcruise
01-25-2004, 09:35 PM
I've sent the PM to start the children's contacts. Hopefully, some of them may start early friendships. There are lots of boys that are going to be in the Lab...I'm still short on some girls in the Club. We still have time.

HollyH
01-26-2004, 02:07 PM
We just signed up! This will be our 1st cruise experience ever and we're really looking forward to it. DS is 17 and DD is 13. It will be wonderful for the kids to be off on their own so DH & I can enjoy ourselves too, but I would love for my DD to make early buddy contacts so I'd feel safer. Someone let me know please how the kids are getting in touch! Also, any "first timer" advice will always be welcome!

laurenk
01-26-2004, 03:41 PM
Welcome Holly! This will be our second cruise. My one word of advice is to have money saved for when you want to rebook on board the ship! The Disney cruise is the best vacation we have ever had!! :D This is saying a lot since we are die hard WDW fans!

My DD is 10, so she might be too young for your DD. The kids have been getting in touch by pming their e-mail addresses to each other. My DS is making his first contact as I type. Look for something soon Jake and Clifton!

DVCcruise
01-28-2004, 10:24 AM
It's so good to hear from more and more cruisers. Welcome to HollyH. Your family will have such a good time. Looking for information on the other threads will get you more than ready for your cruise.

We're at home today because of snow, so I'm hoping to get Jake on the computer to write Josh back, if I can get him away from the TV. I don't think I can wait until June for vacation. I guess I'll have to!

S. C.
01-28-2004, 11:39 AM
:wave: Welcome Holly glad you found us.

DVCcruise
This is the second day in a row that they shut down the schools here because of the snow, ice etc. It's been real fun driving home in it everynight after work :( especialy since i have about an hour drive one way. Thinking of our cruise sure helps. :)

laurenk
01-28-2004, 07:09 PM
We have been out of school due to snow since Monday, and now they are off again tommorrow. The main roads are fine, it is just that the state of Virgina can't seem to plow the developments. After tommorrow we start going into vacation days:( If the state could get their acts together we wouldn't have to miss four days for 4 inches!!!! Can you tell I am a transplant from New York!?!?;)

DVCcruise- Josh is patiently waiting for Jake to respond. Samantha also wants to e-mail him. Will he care if a "girl" e-mails him?

S.C.- Do you know if Clifton is having problems with Josh's e-mail address? Samantha and Clifton keep e-mailing each other, and Clifton keeps asking about Josh, but Josh has sent several e-mails plus pictures. Let me know if there is an issue.

Lauren

DVCcruise
01-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Hey folks...

I got Jake to write a little. It's hard for him to figure out what to say. He wouldn't mind writing with Samantha also. Please give her the address. Maybe she could include a message to Katie, my DD (7). She'd like that. We'd also like to write with Clifton...can we get his address from you? I'm trying to get our cruise mates on the site, but no luck yet. They have a DD (10) and DS (8). I may see if she will write to Samantha. I love this site...I just need to convince them how great it is. Getting to know Samantha might do that. Looking forward to hearing from you.

S. C.
01-29-2004, 11:49 AM
LaurenK and DVCcruise I sent you a P.M.

HollyH
01-30-2004, 08:59 AM
Another snow day making us wish for June!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. We we're told by member Svcs we could begin boarding at 1:30pm. Do you recommend one of us takes the carry-ons to the rm and one of us heads for Guest Svcs to sign up for Palo's? Do teenagers (13 & 17) get the wrist bands too?

DVCcruise
01-30-2004, 09:34 PM
I would plan on boarding around 12, not 1:30. We want to arrive at the dock as soon as it opens. I only made spa reservations last time, but did so immediately. This time, we want to do Palo's, so I'm going to be in line early. I'm not sure, but I doubt the teens will have wrist bands. They wouldn't like that, it wouldn't be fasionable...LOL However, my children are young.

Does anyone know when we can book excursions? Have you done it on-line? I called the last time, so I was just checking.

Have a good weekend!

laurenk
01-31-2004, 07:03 AM
Good morning! I believe we can book excursions April 27th, it is whenever final payment is due by. I booked mine over the phone too last time.

HollyH.- We got to the port at 10:30 last time, there were 2 cars in front of us. By the time we all actually got into the building I would say there were at least 25 families in front of us. Don't know how that happened. We check-in at @ 11.00 and boarded at noon. We split up once inside to make ressies, and there were Palo times gone already:eek: I guess everyone ahead of us wanted the same day and time as we did. Then we all met at topsiders for lunch. My kids were the first ones in the pool because we had their suits in our carry-on. It was nice for them to be able to go down the slide over and over again. We were probably in our room at 2:30ish., and all of our luggage was there already. :D

DVCcruise- Are you doing Palo brunch or dinner? We are going to try brunch this time. We did dinner last time.

HollyH
01-31-2004, 07:52 AM
DVCCruise: I guess your right about the wrist bands for my teens. My DD (13) wouldn't care so much, I'm certain she'd color it to match her outfit :earsgirl: but my DS (17) would NOT appreciate it! What is the deal about pagers for them? At there age would they qualify for that?

DVCcruise & Lauren: Looks like I was given misinformation by member svcs about the 1:30 time frame. Exactly when does the dock open? We're staying for a few days at BWVs before the cruise so we'll be driving over from there and needing to park first.

laurenk
01-31-2004, 07:58 AM
I believe that is the "official" time, but in October, I can tell you there were plenty of people "in the know" about it opening earlier. We left the Raddison at 10 and waited a very little time before they opened the parking lot to get in. Once you get in they unload your car for you, and you go park and let the magic begin!!!! I would leave BWV by 9:30 the latest if you know where you are going. You will have to wait in line once you are inside, but you will be one of the earlier ones to board the ship.

HollyH
01-31-2004, 08:29 AM
Thanks Lauren, we'll try to plan on arriving to the dock area around 10:00am to be sure. For our first cruise I'd really like to have our ducks in a row for the boarding process to go smoothly and so the fun can begin!

Do you remember last time you cruised when the dining rotation is set? I'm just thinking about being prepared to make Palo ressies.

CRB#33
01-31-2004, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone! :)

There are no wristbands or pagers for the teenagers. They pretty much have the run of the ship.

My teens will be using the two way radios.

We won't know what our dining rotation is until we get our Key to the World Card at check in...it will be on the card as initials and our table number will be there also.

We figured out exactly what days and times we wanted Palo ressies based on our KTTW cards while we were waiting in line to board.

HollyH
01-31-2004, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up. My DS (17) has already informed me not to expect to see him until we disembark! I'll have to make certain my DD (13) has a walkie talkie with her. I'm more worried about keeping track of her than him!

Unfortunately, by the time we made our reservations (1/26) the early seating was already gone so we had to list for the 830pm dinner seating and waitlist for the 6pm. I don't like having dinner so late but one advantage would be not rushing back from shore excursions and having plenty of time to clean up afterwards. I'll be looking forward to having a better seating time at Palos! Thanks for the info on the KTTW cards.

Has anyone waitlisted for a different seating time and actually received it? Is the 830pm seating time really too late for us "early birds" or has anyone enjoyed it?

CRB#33
02-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Hi Holly :)

I don't know what to tell you about having late seating, but I do know that you can add it to your list of things to do when you get on the ship.

You can go to Guest Services, I believe, and request your seating to be changed.

I know I can't eat that late. I would have terrible heartburn!

DVCcruise
02-01-2004, 01:35 PM
"My DS (17) has already informed me not to expect to see him until we disembark!"...I rolled with laughter. My children are so young, it's hard to imagine them being so independent.

Dinner seating: We were on a wait-list for the 6:00 seating on our 4 day cruise in July. We got it! But then switched back, because we decide that late seating was good for us. We have choosen 8:30 again and will keep it. If you don't get it in advance, just try to switch on the ship. It was done for us at the same place as Palo's ressies...very convenient.

Palo's: I want to do both brunch and dinner. I will choose the brunch day after we figure out when our character breakfast is. Don't they only do brunch when we're at sea? That limits our days. Dinner will be on the night my DD (7) has Goofy's PJ party. It's right in the middle of late-seating, so we'll miss our main dining on that night. I'm kind of bummed because I think it's Tropicalli night, but it's a good night not do dinner as a family. Has anyone done Tropicalli night before? Will we be missing something great?

Arrival: Early is better!!!! You'll find parking very easy. Checking in is a breeze and the wait just builds the excitment!!! We're staying Friday night close to the port. Right now, we're at the Radison, but I'm looking in the Ron Jon Resort too. My DH doesn't want to shuttle over, he thought that parking was very convenient at the port. We'll keep the ressie until we make up our minds. What are ya'lls arrival plans?

HollyH
02-01-2004, 03:33 PM
I remember my DS's first trip to Disney. He was 3! Time flys so quickly! Enjoy it while they're young and they still want to hang with you!

We're staying at BWVs and will be driving to Port Canaveral. After reading everyone's posts, I think we should plan on arriving around 10am to be on the safe side! Lauren's earlier post sounded like the parking lot opens sometime soon after that.

Is Palos brunch also just for adults only?

CRB#33
02-01-2004, 04:12 PM
We're staying at the Hawthorne Suites near the Airport. We have a two bedroom suite for $160.

We have FLTours shuttle picking us up at 9:30 that morning. I'm thinking of making it 9:15, to beat some of the first crowds at port.

Palo is adults only for everything, brunch, tea and dinner :)

laurenk
02-01-2004, 08:35 PM
We will be at the Raddison the night before, then driving over to the port in the morning. we thought about staying at the new Ron Jon hotel, but we won't be getting there til late afternoon.

Palo's brunch is only for adults, I can't wait to try it.

On our western cruise, I missed the buffet for Mexicali night, and also the dessert buffet. I hope I can make it to both this time. :D

DVCcruise
02-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Lauren, are you leaving your car at the Radisson and taking the shuttle? We made reservations to include leaving our car at the hotel, but my DH isn't sure about the shuttle service. Parking at the the Port was so easy, but expensive. Just wondering what you had planned.

laurenk
02-01-2004, 08:58 PM
We are going to drive to the port. We did that last time and enjoyed the convience of it. My parents took the shuttle and it was pretty convinient too. The shuttle that took them back to the Radisson was from somewhere else, but stopped and asked where they were going, and took them. We are going straight to WDW from the ship, so I think it is worth the $70 to park at the port.

You don't have to have a "package" to leave your car at the Raddison. You can have a regular reservation, and still leave your car there. Make sure you book the shuttle as soon as you get there. It can only hold so many.

DVCcruise
02-01-2004, 09:09 PM
The Radisson is so tricky...I booked the package. I guess I'll try to get a ressie on line and see if it's better. I had trouble getting a non-smoking room, so I may have to keep that reservation. Wonder if they'll switch it for me to a regular room? I may have to try.

Anyone else out there driving? How long will your drive be? We'll leave from NC or SC, so it's about an 8 hour drive for us. We will be driving a ton, so this will be short for us. We're cruising in the middle of our move from RI to KS...isn't Disney on the way? We seem to think so. We moved from OK to RI via WDW, so we think that's the way to drive out west. You know that old superstition about going out the same door that you came in...it's kind of like that.

S. C.
02-01-2004, 10:41 PM
We will be driving, We are going to disney for a week before the cruise. We have driven to florida for the last 2 yrs straight. As long as we give ourselves enough time to not feel rushed we really don't mind the drive.

CRB#33
02-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Let's talk excursions!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

What are you all thinking of doing?

I know my children would love the Anguilla dolphin/beach day, but I read that it will take the entire day and I would love to shop a bit. Plus it's major $$$

I think we may do the 5-star to St. John, or maybe the champagne catamaran. The catamaran scares me a bit...(seasickness), but I know the kids will just LOVE it.

To you all with teens...My DD did the Wild Side excursion on Castaway Cay. She loved the kayaking and biking, but they snorkeled last, so it wasn't that great. Now that there's the three of them, I think they may try it again and probably even have a better time.

DD wants to parasail and I think I may give into my fears and try it too! :scared1: :scared1:

What are you all thinking of?

DVCcruise
02-02-2004, 07:28 PM
This is not my final choices, but my right now choices.

Golden Eagle Catamaran in St. Marteen
5 Start to Trunk Bay in St. Thomas
Bikes at Castaway Cay

We LOVED the dolphins...it was worth every penny. We did the excursion in Nassau last summer on our 4 day, so it was a little different. I would consider doing it again some day, just not this time. I think some of the teen outing sound like the most fun. You'll have to let the kids tell us all about them.

S. C.
02-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Bump :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

DVCcruise
02-06-2004, 07:49 PM
I thought the heavy snow was making me wish for the cruise, but this rain has definitely increased my need for DCL. I've read notes from those cruising in a few days, and boy am I jealous. I hope you are all doing well. Dream of the Magic!

S. C.
02-07-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm sooooo tired of all this snow, ice, and cold. It was an ice skating rink on the way home the other night. Cars and trucks in ditches and slid off the rds everywhere. took me 1 hr and 40 minutes to drive home,:( usually takes 1 hr. and it snowed again last night on my drive home after work.

DVCcruise
02-08-2004, 04:08 PM
With our cold weather situation...I really spending lots of time thinking about the cruise. Anyone else come up with some ideas for nice warm weather excursions? Our family likes almost anything around the water. We kind of migrate towards those excursions. The kids are a little young for the historical tours or walking tours. We'll have to keep searching until we finally get to book some.

DVCcruise
02-10-2004, 08:48 PM
Bump back to page 1

laurenk
02-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Not cruise news, but I just booked Beach Club for 11 nights at Christmas. We are a little nervous about the crowds, but figure with that much time we will be okay. We are there from December 16th til the 27th. Do any of you guys have experience with WDW at Christmas?

Haven't posted about excursions, because we can't decide. We just want to get on the ship!!!

Harryo
02-10-2004, 10:06 PM
WDW during Christmas is excellent!!! Decorations are everywhere and more than likely the Osborne lights at MGM will be back. A good take if you've never seen it.

DVCcruise
02-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Boy does that sound great. Since your there for 11 days, you can try to avoid those really crowded times. Hang out at that great pool when everyone else is at the parks.

Harryo...what are the Osborne lights? I haven't heard about them.

Has anyone ever cruised at Christmas time? We are considering it for 2005, but I don't know if we can do the 10 days. We'll have to see the schedule when they finally put it out.

laurenk
02-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Osbourne lights is like a cagillion Christmas lights set up in the back of MGM, and you walk through it. We saw them one year in the beginnig of December. It is amazing. I think they didn't have them this year because of a new attraction going in? I am just nervous because we have never gone that late in December, and to actually be there for the holiday is a little scary for me.

Is the cruise in 2005 going to be 10 days too? We thought about doing the cruise this December, but it is way too much.

goofyforus
02-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Hi cruisers! We are a family of 4 first timers. This will be our celebration of my twins, Brian and Allison's graduation from high school.
We will be on the June 26 Eastern Caribbean Cruise. My teens will have just turned 18 and are so glad to be with the adults. Any one else going on the cruise with kids this age?
I look forward to keeping in touch.
We can hardly wait.

Janice, Clifford, Brian and Allison.

DVCcruise
02-11-2004, 08:44 PM
Welcome Janice, Clifford, Brian, and Allison! What a great graduation gift. We are happy to hear from you and look forward to meeting you. Way to get through 18 years...I need to know how you did it. My two are 7 and 9. We're only halfway there. I know that CRB#33 and HollyH have some older teens, but not sure whether they'll be 18 or not by the cruise. Hopefully we'll here from some more families before our sail date. I'm sure they'll have plenty to keep them busy. You can read the navigators to find some meets for young singles. I would expect them to have different things throughout the week. We'll just wait and see.

Susan

S. C.
02-12-2004, 11:56 AM
:wave: Welcome to the dis goofyforus. Our grandson will be with us he is 11yrs. This will be our 2nd disney cruise we were on the wonder last year. With all the cold and snow that we have this winter it sure helps to think of our cruise every day.

goofyforus
02-13-2004, 06:07 PM
:wave:
Okay, since we are new here. What does DD, DS and whatever stand for?
I almost know what you are talking about.

:crazy:

CRB#33
02-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Hi goofyforus!

What an awesome grad present!!!

It is a dream of mine to be at WDW over Christmas. It's going to be many years though and my kids will be gone. :( I would have done it, but it has never worked out because of my ex's visitation days over the holidays.

I've never wanted summer so bad! :teeth: :hyper:

DS and DD are dear son, darling son etc... something like that.

goofyforus
02-13-2004, 06:34 PM
:jester: Thanks

I guest it's been awhile since I called them my 'little darlings'.

They won't let me call them sweetie anymore. We can hardly wait for the cruise. We are Disney fanatics! I believe they said Mickey Mouse before they said Momma.

Of all the places to go, this is what they wanted. :teeth:

They are great kids, so they are my DD and DS. Too bad we can't bring the Darling Dog!

DVCcruise
02-13-2004, 09:51 PM
I believe dogs are allowed on the QE2, but there's no Mickey! Goofyforus...I think that your kids chose a great vacation spot, it's one the whole family can enjoy. We can't wait to spend it with you.

HollyH
02-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Goofyforus! We're so excited your going! We have teenagers sailing also. Our son is 17 (17 in January so he will still be 17 at cruise time) and our daughter is 13. I found a wonderful site (Dave's Disney Tribute) that has a teen Navigator from a November Eastern Carribean cruise. When you pull up the site, go to the index on the left "The Stack" for teens 13-17. It gives a day by day overview of teen activities. I don't think we'll ever see our kids until we leave for home!:)

http://www.dcltribute.com/navigators/east_carib/kids.htm

HollyH
02-14-2004, 08:54 PM
CRB#33!

All this time I thought "DH, DW, DS & DD stood for:
Disney Husband, Disney Wife, Disney Son and Disney Daughter! Does anyone know the scoop on this?! How many versions are there!

:teeth:

DVCcruise
02-15-2004, 07:20 PM
I think it could stand for anything that you wanted it to. Here on the DCL board, I think the D stands for "Disney"! I still have to go to the abbrevations list on the home page. There's so much to learn.

HollyH
02-16-2004, 11:33 AM
I agree!::yes::

S. C.
02-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Bumping this back to the 1st page. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

goofyforus
02-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Either I am getting old or too excited. My teenagers reminded me that their birthday is in July, not June. They will still be 17 for this trip! Just 3 weeks away from their 18th. Now they know they will have to keep up with me so I don't wander off. :crazy:

It seems like such a long time away. We are still planning their graduation activities. Planning for twins is double the $$$$$ !! Relatives will be coming in and the house will be full. No wander I forgot when they were born!!

I'll take this one day at a time, and just dream of warm weather and sandy beaches.
We just returned from a winter break at our Northwest Ocean Shores. Our beaches this time of year call for squall jackets, boots, a blazing fire and lots of coffee! Ahh, Seattle!
or Ahh Choo!, Seattle.:p

DVCcruise
02-21-2004, 09:16 PM
I'm sure all of our kids will be keeping us straight. You guys will be ready for a vacation after all the graduation festivities. I'm glad to hear that someone else has a "winter vacation". This is our first year in Rhode Island, so we had never heard of a winter vacation. I thought it was a New England thing. I guess not! We just reaturned from a short trip to visit family in Virginia. We'll regret this vacation in the middle of June when we're still in school. We have our vacation set, so we're leaving for Florida whether schools out or not!

goofyforus
02-23-2004, 05:57 PM
I would like to know what the weather is like that time of year? Will it be very warm? Are we nearing hurricane season?:confused:

It's a little early to shop, but we can't wait. Up North here, our wardrobe is mostly sweaters and gortex! Can't wait to dry out for awhile.:Pinkbounc

Also scrap some of the moss off.

DVCcruise
02-26-2004, 02:36 PM
My family did a 4-day cruise in July 2003. The weather was great. Yes, it will be hot, but not awful. We like water activities, so that may be why didn't think it was that bad. The seas were wonderful! Very calm and smooth. We also did the parks last July. They were HOT!!! I would even say they were too hot to enjoy being there. It's one thing to wait in line, but to wait in line in 100 degree heat...YUCK!

CRB#33
02-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone! Not much going on. I'm really getting excited and I'm not even at double digits yet.

We also went the end of June in 2002. The sun was very, very hot.

There a lots of places to get cool on the ship though, and we spent most of our sea day relaxing along the edge of the pool.

The seas were beautiful, very calm. It's the very beginning of hurricane season and it's rare to see an eastern Caribbean hurricane that time of year. That's why we go then. :)

goofyforus
03-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Since this is our first time cruising, some friends of mine have reminded me that I used to mention years ago about going on the Big Red Boat.

Anyone remember when this name for the Disney cruise came about? Was there a different ship with this name or was it a promo kind of thing?

Waiting for June is what drives me these days. We all think it is so far away, but we know it is the icing on the cake for them. My babies (17 years old twins) reminded me that they used to have Mickey and Donald on their bedroom walls for years before we moved and left them behind. They really missed them!:( :(

My son still has his Goofy hat and my daughter has her Minnie one. The little kid still lives in all of us at our house. We watched Finding Nemo together the other night and still enjoy the Disney movies. :earsgirl: :earsboy:

If we squeal when we see Mickey and the gang again, bear with us! This will be a dream come true!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

DVCcruise
03-04-2004, 08:40 PM
BUMP for us!

BethA
03-05-2004, 06:39 PM
The Big Red Boat was premier cruise lines-I know since we went on it in 1988 on our honeymoon. Sometime after that it changed to Warner Bros characters.It wnt bankrupt a few years ago.

We are sailing on this cruise-our 4th.
it's myself, DH-Sean, DS, Blake-15, DS Brandon-8
also my parents- their 4th cruise with Disney
and my brother, sister-inlaw and their 4 kids-18, 15,13,9

I can't wait!! Glad I found this thread.
We are on deck 8, and have early dining. We are staying at the Radisson the night before and plan to take the shuttle over around 10:30.

beth

S. C.
03-06-2004, 12:17 PM
:wave: WELCOME :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Glad you found us Beth. We are going to WDW the week before the cruise and will be leaving from there to the port. Myself, DH & GS (11) will be on deck 6 and have late dining.

DVCcruise
03-06-2004, 01:23 PM
WOOHOO! A new family. I'm glad that you found our thread. My family, DH, DS(9), and DD(7), are going on our 2nd Disney Cruise. We are also staying at the Radisson on Friday night. Maybe we can plan a meet for the hotel. We are on deck 5 and have late seating. We like to sleep in and stay up late, so that's works for us. I look forward to hearing more from our cruisers!

HollyH
03-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Hi Beth!

You have a great family gathering planned! We will be first time cruisers so I'm certain there are some hints you can pass along! My family is DH, DS (17) and DD (13). We will be coming from WDW the morning of the 26th. We're on deck 7 and have late seating. You'll have to tell us about the shore excursions you'd recommend!

S. C.
03-07-2004, 05:29 PM
It is only 33* and is snowing.

MariettaC
03-09-2004, 04:04 AM
DVCCruise, We are on the same cruise, my daughter, granddaughter 10 and grandson 10 along with friends. This is our second cruise and we can't wait. We will also be at the Radisson on Friday and would love to join a meet if one is planned. See everyone then.:wave:

DVCcruise
03-09-2004, 12:41 PM
I think there will be a few of us at the Radisson and even more people arriving on Friday night. When we get closer to THE CRUISE we'll have to start planning. We are getting closer, we'll be doing the double digit dance before you know it. After we start planning excursion, we can start forcusing on meet opportunities. I look forward to it all!

S. C.
03-10-2004, 12:04 PM
:wave: Marietta
Our grandson (11) will be with us. Some of the kids have been e-mailing each other, send me a pm if your grandchildren would like to do this.
This is also our 2nd disney cruise we were on the 4day last year.

laurenk
03-10-2004, 02:37 PM
S.C.- Hi! Marietta is my mother.:), so her grandchildren are already e-mailing yours!!!;)

We will all be at the Radisson too, but with all of the people raving about Ron Jon it makes me want to switch. We should all be there on Friday around noon. I can't wait! It was snowing here today:(

mdlinda1
03-10-2004, 05:27 PM
We will be there June 26- July3rd. My husband, son-13, daughter-8 and myself. Our best friends are going also, ( a family of 4). This is our second cruise but our first 7 day cruise. We are so excited!!!

DVCcruise
03-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Lauren, I thought that family sounded like yours. It's great that your mom is writing on the site, too. I'm trying to get our friends to come on this site. No success yet, but I'll keep with it.

Welcome to the group mdlinda. Where are you from? How are you arriving at the port? My family (dh, ds, dd) is driving down on Friday and staying at the Radisson. We have been complaining lots lately about the weather. We are all looking forward to June.

mdlinda1
03-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Hi, I am from Maryland and this will be my second cruise. We are going with another family so we thought we would try a stretch limo ride to and from Port Canaveral. We are flying in from Baltimore early the morning of the cruise. We are trying Jimmy, I got his name and number from this board. I will let everyone know how it went after our trip.

S. C.
03-13-2004, 02:14 PM
:wave: mdlinda
Glad your going on the cruise with us. And welcome to the Dis.

DVCcruise
03-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Arriving to the port by LIMO...what a great idea! I'm sure your family will feel like superstars. We'll be driving down from Charlotte on Friday night, so we can get to port as soon as it opens. Not that we're excited or anything.

We are almost at double digits...WOO HOO!

HollyH
03-13-2004, 05:15 PM
I would love to do a limo for the family! What a great way to start and end the cruise! Has anyone priced this out yet? We're driving but it sounds like something to plan for on the next trip!

mdlinda1
03-13-2004, 05:27 PM
I received prices for a stretch limo to and from Port Canaveral ranging from $250 to $290 plus tip.

HollyH
03-13-2004, 05:36 PM
Wow! For our family thats cheaper that the DCL shuttle!

Now who is Jimmy? Does he work for or own a particular limo service that was recommended?

mdlinda1
03-13-2004, 08:08 PM
I got Jimmy's name from this board the user DUCKLITE recommended him. I think his limo company is Golden Limo and his phone number is 407-869-9007. I talked to Jimmy last week to set up the Limo service, he was very nice and gave me a rate of $250 round trip. If you want more info do a search for limos or DUCKLITE and the threads will have more infomation on limo services. I hope this helps. Linda

HollyH
03-14-2004, 07:43 AM
Thanks Linda. We're driving this time but I always like to store information away for the next trip! ;) Let us know how it turns out!

By the way... anyone in your group have a DD around 13? My daughter (13) is looking for a pen pal prior to sailing!
Holly

mdlinda1
03-14-2004, 08:26 AM
HollyH, I have a DS who will 13 in April and is looking forward to the teen activites.

DVCcruise
03-16-2004, 08:34 PM
Bump!

S. C.
03-18-2004, 11:23 AM
WOO HOO!! DOUBLE DIGITS! http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/jumpinggreens.gif

http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/multi.gifhttp://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/wiggle2.gifhttp://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/multi.gifhttp://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/multi.gifhttp://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/family/wiggle2.gif

DVCcruise
03-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Finally...I'm glad to know that someone else was watching the countdown too. Now, we'll have to look forward to excursion booking. At least we're getting closer to the Magic!:bounce:

S. C.
03-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Bumping us back to the first page & checking the count down.

DVCcruise
03-26-2004, 03:41 PM
I would love to hear what everyone else was thinking about on the excursions. I'm afraid we will want to do lots on the port days. We choose Eastern because it has 3 sea days, but we'll be ready to get off the boat when we get the chance. What do you think?

BethA
03-27-2004, 06:43 AM
We've never been big on the excursions. My mom has some difficulty walking so she stays onboard. I know she will get off at St Maarten to get her slot machine fix though. I ususally get advice from the boards and go somewhere on our own. Not sure what we are doing this time. I'm getting excited.
Ron Jon's does sound great, but we've stayed at the Radisson the last three times and use their transportaion to the port. If our flight arrived earlier-now it gets in around 2-- we might have changed, but we won't have enough time to enjoy it so the Radisson works for us. Right next door is a place with gocarts and minigolf so the kids always go there.
See everyone there.
Beth

DVCcruise
03-27-2004, 09:39 PM
With all the talk about the Ron Jon resort, we considered switching. We didn't switch and now that I hear about the gocarts...I'm glad that I didn't. My kids will be excited about that. (Not that we need more excitement!!!)

CRB#33
03-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Hi all!!

I've submitted a request for a quote at Ron Jons. We already have room reservations by the airport, but since we're getting in around 1:00 on Friday, I thought this Ron Jon's might be wonderful. I'm just worried about the shuttle on Saturday. I can't seem to find much information about it.

We still have no idea what excursions we are doing. I know I would love to see St. John's, but I also want to take some time to shop in St. Thomas.

There are a lot more options for St. Marteen because of the time.

I still think I want to parasail on CC. :earseek:

Full payment day is almost upon us! :earseek:

It IS EXCITING to be in double digits!!!

sum41gurlie0270, I did pm you back today! Thanks!

DVCcruise
03-30-2004, 03:38 PM
CRB#33

Hey, let me know what Ron Jon's come back with. I don't think I want to switch, but if it's a great deal, I'll consider it.

Susan

sum41gurlie0270
03-31-2004, 04:43 PM
Im going on this cruise too! and i cant wait! my name is Christine and im 16 years old. I was wondering if there are any teenagers, or if anyone has any teenagers that would be willing to email back and forth with me before the cruise? Pm me if anyone is interested. That would be great :earsboy: thanks!

CRB#33
04-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi Susan!

The rate I got from RonJon's was $225 for a two bedroom standard suite. We're paying $120 something for our stay at Hawthorne, so it's not really worth it to switch.

Hi Christine!

DVCcruise
04-02-2004, 10:01 AM
Christine,

The Radisson's price is low 100's. We'll keep that ressie. Where is the Hawthorne? Will you be by the Port? Thank you so much for getting the information back to me.

Susan

HollyH
04-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know if there will be fireworks on our cruise?

CRB#33
04-03-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi Susan :wave:

I'm not Christine, LOL. Christine is sum41gurlie0270, so I was saying hi to her.

Hawthorne Suites is out by Orlando Airport. Seems like there's more options for dinner too. Ron Jon's is in a residential/industrial kind of area and we won't have a car.

Hi Holly :wave: I'm hoping for fireworks. I haven't heard anything though. My travel agent told me this is considered a holiday week (price is higher than two weeks before), so I hope we can reep some rewards for that!

DVCcruise
04-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Sorry CRB#33...I miss read the message.

We're driving down, so the port works better for us. We don't want to go anywhere near the parks. We're afraid the kids will demand to go see Mickey. We'll just go to the port and wait for Captain Mickey. The parks are too much work, the cruise is a true vacation!

HollyH, maybe we can ask on the other thread about Eastern fireworks. We had them on our 4 day, but they were set off by Nassau, not on the ship. I'm hoping for them too.

HollyH
04-03-2004, 05:48 PM
DVC Cruise: I'm all for that. Consider it done.

CRB#33
04-04-2004, 08:31 PM
What other thread?

S. C.
04-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by CRB#33
What other thread?

?????????

HollyH
04-05-2004, 07:13 AM
The other thread is the main DCL Forum.

I did post the question on the DCL Forum but the only responses were from those also wanting to know the fireworks question.

I guess it will be a surprise!

DVCcruise
04-05-2004, 07:14 AM
HollyH asked the questions on the Disney Cruise Line Forum. I don't think that we've had a good answer yet, but a few people wondering the same thing that we are. Some from the next week wanted some firework answers too.

DVCcruise
04-05-2004, 07:16 AM
I guess you check DIS in the morning, also. I hope everyone likes both of our answers. Notice the post time for them. Pretty close!

HollyH
04-05-2004, 07:30 AM
I get sent emails when posts are made to our cruise so I always check for more great info! Too excited and it can't come soon enough!

I also keep checking to see if there are any 13 year olds that my daughter could email with prior to sailing. Any teenagers out there?

DVCcruise
04-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Bump!

sum41gurlie0270
04-13-2004, 03:10 PM
what happened? this post has died :( no one posts anything anymore!

I have a question. Where can we buy the disney coach from the airport to the ship and back? Do we get that from our travel agent?

sorry for the probably stupid question :crazy: im new to all of of this.

herrbeeb
04-13-2004, 03:39 PM
greetings eastern caribbean cruisers. this will be our 4th disney cruise. we have sailed the 3/4 day 2x and last year toured the western caribbean. we cannot wait until june.

we, that is, myself, husband and 3 children, 16, 14 and 12 are on deck 8. early seating.

i am just starting to think about shore excursions. shore excursions seem to be the weak link in the disney cruise experience, although i have heard the same complaints from passengers on other cruise lines. our experience is that the shore excursion does not live up to the marketing and we have had better luck on our own. also as my children get older it gets harder to agree on one particular excursion. as this is our 1st trip tp st. martin, st. thomas/john i would like to try a shore excursion which would give me a flavor of the islands. any suggestions?

is there a way to meet disc board members on the cruise? i wish us all a wonderful time!

leslie

goofyforus
04-13-2004, 04:55 PM
We have not decided about shore excursions either. My DH and DS may want to try parasailing, but when we hear about the rush and the wait, it is really worth it?:rolleyes:

I will be traveling with my 17 year old boy/girl twins who will be high school graduates in June. My DD is wheelchair bound, so we just plan to do whatever we can to have a great time. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

This is our first cruise, so i don't want to burn out early trying to do everything. We are going to relax and take in the view.:sunny:

I am also on a mission to keep track of the accomodations on the Magic for wheelchair cruisers.
If anyone knows of an excursion that would accomodate a wheelchair with too much trouble, please let me know. We really would like to plan ahead.

Can't wait to hear that horn!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Janice

CRB#33
04-13-2004, 08:36 PM
Hi everyone!

Originally posted by goofyforus
We have not decided about shore excursions either. My DH and DS may want to try parasailing, but when we hear about the rush and the wait, it is really worth it?:rolleyes:

What have you heard? I know you need to book this at the 60 day mark, but what do you mean by wait?

Originally posted by sum41gurlie0270I have a question. Where can we buy the disney coach from the airport to the ship and back? Do we get that from our travel agent?

Talk to your travel agent and she can reserve Disney transportation if that's the way you choose to go. I'm sure your parents will need to do this.

goofyforus...did you check the main board about wheelchair access? There are so many people over there with so many experiences.

The only thing I know about excursions is we're not doing the dolphin tour in Anguilla. LOL

I'd love to do one of the catamaran tours, but I'm not sure which island we'd do this on.

For all the teenagers, my dd went to the teen beach on Castaway Cay on our Wonder trip a few years ago in the afternoon. They had this raft building/racing contest which she really enjoyed. She also played volleyball and liked that. She was 13 at the time.

sum41gurlie0270
04-13-2004, 09:53 PM
<<I'm sure your parents will need to do this.>>

This I know..it's funny because I'm the one planning this trip and my mom just makes all the reservations and pays for it. She has no clue what shes doing or what she wants...this whole family vacation was my idea lol

CRB#33
04-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Wow! Good for you! Maybe you can be a travel agent later in life! What fun that could be!!!!

HollyH
04-14-2004, 07:47 AM
CRB#33:

For all the teenagers, my dd went to the teen beach on Castaway Cay on our Wonder trip a few years ago in the afternoon. They had this raft building/racing contest which she really enjoyed. She also played volleyball and liked that. She was 13 at the time.

My dd will be 13 when we're there. It's good to hear yours enjoyed it. I was worried, since she's right on the age mark, that the "group activities" may be too old for her . On the other side of the fence is my DS who is 17. Do you think he'll enjoy it too?

S. C.
04-14-2004, 11:58 AM
herrbeeb :wave: WELCOME to the dis.

At this time we are undecided about shore excursions. We might just walk around and enjoy the sights and a little shopping.

herrbeeb
04-14-2004, 12:41 PM
s.c., thanx for the welcome. i'm still learning to "navigate" the site so thanx also to the other cruisers who have responded to my posts. i can't quite figure out how to reply directly.

i told my girls, 16 and 12, about using the site to meet other teens and they plan to try soon. i'm sure they will quickly become more proficient than i am.

to the cruiser interested in parasailing. it is GREAT!!!!!! we have done it twice, at least the girls and i and had a blast both times.
the first time dd #2 only weighed 70 lbs. so she and i went together. the trip up and down is very gentle and the ride is exhilerating but not too scary. i highly recommend it.

i am interested in any information about shore excursions in st martin and st thomas/john. at this point i am inclined to plan a day on our own.

leslie

sum41gurlie0270
04-18-2004, 03:50 PM
ok, I have a random stupid question.

I'm a teenager, and as you probably know, not that many 16 year olds go to bed early at night and wake up early in the morning.. I am definently a "sleep until 1 in the afternoon, stay up until 5 in the morning" person. Is there a time at night on the ship that teenagers aren't allowd to be on deck?

just curious. If there is then I will have to adjust my sleeping schedule :rolleyes: lol

CRB#33
04-20-2004, 12:16 PM
:wave2:
I don't think there are any restrictions about being up on deck. Just try to remember that there are cabins directly below on deck 8. :)

laurenk
04-20-2004, 08:41 PM
CRB#33- I see you paid off your cruise!!!! I will be doing the same on Saturday. It makes it seem SO much closer, doesn't it?

I need to decide on our excursions, we are still going back and forth on them, we are definetly not doing the dolphins, thinking about See and Sea, and then also going to St. John.

DVCcruise
04-21-2004, 03:47 PM
We're almost at the 60 day point. WOO HOO! I'm finishing up excursion shopping hoping to book next week. We are leaning towards Golden Eagle Catamaran in St. Maarten and Coral World in St. Thomas. I want to get over to St. John's, but I figure that I can do that on my own. Any opinion's on Coral World? I want to get off and do something, but I just don't know what to pick. I'm not brave enough to book an excursion on my own.

HollyH
04-21-2004, 06:00 PM
We just booked the CoKi Beach Dive Club "Discover Scuba" Experience for non-experienced divers for St. Thomas. You can see Coral World from Coki Beach & I've heard some folks do both. Coral World has gotten some good reviews.

The kids would like to try parasailing on Castaway Cay and we have NO agreement on what to do in St. Maarten! Time is running short so we need to come to an agreement quickly. We've heard great things about the 12 Metre Regatta where you sail on the "Stars & Stripes" but again... no one can decide!

Running out of time!!!

herrbeeb
04-22-2004, 05:34 PM
dear HollyH, my children are dd, 16, ds, 14 and ds 12 and 3/4. ds 12 and 3/4 is in sc this week but would love to meet a fellow cruiser on her return.

CRB#33
04-25-2004, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone!

Jumping out of your skin yet??? :teeth:

We're thinking about the Under Two Flags or the Explorer Tour on St. Maartin and going to St. John at St. Thomas, but not sure how yet.

It's going to be a long 60 days isn't it?

herrbeeb
04-25-2004, 03:41 PM
YES, YES, YES!!!!!

everything is done except shore excursions and packing, of course. the boys won't do anything anyway so the girls and i are leaning toward kayaking at st martin and jet skis at cc. we will do st thomas/john on our own.

i was thinking about orient beach after the excusion and lunch, any thoughts?

i do need motion sickness recommendations. ds is pron to same especially when we cross the gulf stream or travel on small craft. he was very ill on the high spped ferry from playa del carmen last year.

only dd #2 (12 3/4) is eligible for the kid's club. ds is 14 and dd#1 is 16. we usually don't go to palo. although the food is fabulous, it is too much trouble. as you can tell i really need a vacation.

2 changes this year. we are flying from hartford on friday night and we are going to disney for 3 days post cruise. it has been a loooong winter and this may be our last disney trip as i promised dh we would go to europe next year. i wish disney would do a mediterranean itinerary.

i would enjoy hearing from 6/26 posters. i limit myself to 1 am and 1 pm session otherwise i will be on all day.

60 and counting.

CRB#33
04-25-2004, 03:52 PM
LOL about the am/pm sessions!

I'm pretty much on all day :teeth:

I didn't see any information on DCL's web site about jet skis. Where did you find out about them?

Thanks!

laurenk
04-25-2004, 04:23 PM
We are going to go to Meghan's Bay on St. Thomas and do the See and Sea excursion on St. Marten. I sure hope the next two months go by fast.

We are now trying to figure out what to do for next summer since it seems that the Magic will be in California. Have any of you sailed on other cruise lines?

herrbeeb
04-25-2004, 05:19 PM
crb#33, i read about the jet skis at cc right here on the disboard and i called dcl yesterday. the information i received is as follows:

the excursion is called the personal watercraft tour. it is not on the website yet but you can reserve it on day 60. the tour is 1 hour about half of which is learning to use the jet ski. the rest of the tour is an eco exploration of the island. you are advised to wear sandals and eyeglass straps. drivers must be over 18 bot 16/17 yr olds can drive with parental permission. the cost is $95 for a single and $160 for a double.

it is a little pricey and i am still considering renting jet skis at orient beach or st john if they are available. renting through disney is a better guarantee of safe and reputable vehicles, on the other hand it is not a very long ride for the expense and i don't think (based on what i have read) that you can ride very fast. we parasailed 2x at cc and loved it but i have nothing to compare it to.

HollyH
04-25-2004, 05:43 PM
heerbeeb!

ds 12 and 3/4 is in sc this week but would love to meet a fellow cruiser on her return.
I'm confused! Is it your son or daughter that's 12 3/4? My dd would love to hook up with a fellow cruiser!
PM me if she's interested.

OK EVERYONE!! DCL told me to call for excursions on Tuesday the 27th but by our calendar countdowns, we should be calling tomorrow, Monday the 26th. :confused:

When do we call!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

herrbeeb
04-25-2004, 05:54 PM
HollyH, let me know if the pm was received. i never sent one before and i am not sure i did it right.

HollyH
04-25-2004, 06:51 PM
Heerbeeb!

You did it! PM received.

Now check yours. I sent you one in return.:teeth:

CRB#33
04-25-2004, 09:05 PM
I believe we have to call on Tuesday. It has to cross over the 60 day mark on our countdown clocks. (59 days and 23 hours). Technically 60 days and any hours is still the 61st day.

Does anyone know what time they start taking phone calls in the morning?

HollyH
04-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Thanks for clearing up the counter question.

Good question on the time to call. I'd like to know too. I plan on calling in the morning to be up to date. So far I have received 2 numbers to call for booking excursions:

877-566-0968 *and* 800-511-1333

Any difference in the numbers?

laurenk
04-26-2004, 04:23 AM
You can start calling at 7am. I got my shore excursion package in the mail on Saturday. If you are planning on doing any really popular ones call first thing(like dolphins or 5 star).

herrbeeb
04-26-2004, 06:30 AM
some people are just more organized than others. we are still debating our choices. as the children get older its harder to get them to agree on anything. catherine didn't leave the ship at key west and ned went back after 30 min.

still leaning towrd kayaking can't decide about jet skis. the price is putting me off.

DVCcruise
04-26-2004, 04:09 PM
I've read about a beach near the ship that rents jet skis by the 1/2 hour ($40). There's no tour or anything like that, but you get to ride jet skis! We're want to do Golden Eagle at 1:00, but we can play at the beach before our excrusion. Maybe this will help you a little.

Susan

herrbeeb
04-26-2004, 05:34 PM
thanx for the info susan.

i just left a message for a friend who spent 4 weeks on st martin this winter. maybe she will have additional info.

as for jet skis i am inclined to trust disney and the rate for the excursion is not much more than the rate you quoted for a full hour. after i get more info i will discuss it with my girls and make a decision. i tend to plan trips like they are the normandy invasion so this year i am trying to throttle back. if we don't get a particular excursion so what. (my blood pressure is rising just thinking about it)

i'll let you know.

leslie

sum41gurlie0270
04-26-2004, 10:15 PM
I have a question and I was wondering if all my wonderous (I think I made up that word lol) future cruise mates could answer it for me. :teeth:

My mother and my grandmother would like to eat at Palos one of the nights. Now usually that means the teens would be stuck with burgers or pizza...but me and my brother aren't really big "burger and pizza people". Is it possible that me (16) and my brother (14) could eat in the regular restaurant the same night that my mother and grandmother are eating at Palos?

MariettaC
04-27-2004, 04:15 AM
Yes, you can eat in any of the other restaurants while your mother and grandmother eat in Palo's. My grandchildren followed the regular rotation the night we adults ate in Palo and the servers were terrific. The kids loved it!:thewave:

laurenk
04-27-2004, 05:59 AM
Sorry about misinformation on shore excursions, you can't call til 8am.

CRB#33
04-27-2004, 06:03 AM
Hey Lauren :duck:

:crazy: :teeth:

Christine, my children did that a few years ago and the waiters were wonderful with them. They were much younger than you are now!

laurenk
04-27-2004, 06:11 AM
I know, I know. I could swear I called at 7 for our last cruise.:confused3

I am REALLY getting excited now. I hope the days fly by.

CRB#33
04-27-2004, 06:16 AM
I hope you know I'm just teasing! It's no big deal to me. I have to be up to take my DD to school in a minute. And I'll be back before 8:00!

Way too excited. It's all I can think about! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

herrbeeb
04-27-2004, 07:14 AM
sum41gurlie0270, i noticed that you are 16 and your brother is 14. my dd, catherine, is 16 and my ds, ned, is 14. i know they would like to talk to fellow cruisers. i think the girls will have to start because adolescent boys have limited social skills. let me know if it would be ok for catherine to contact you.

leslie

HollyH
04-27-2004, 07:27 AM
We're done! :p

We just booked our shore excursions! I wasn't kept on hold, got a CM instantly and it sounded like I was her first call!

We got everything we wanted. St Maarten we're doing the regatta, private company on St Thomas for beginner scuba diving, On CC Wild Side, Sea Horse Catamaran/Snorkel AND...my kids talked me into parasailing and my 17yr old promised to go up with me!

Whoo whoo!!:Pinkbounc

HollyH
04-27-2004, 07:31 AM
Leslie...

When does Laura get back from SC? My dd is ready to talk to someone her age about the trip!

Holly

herrbeeb
04-27-2004, 08:05 AM
Holly, laura emailed Mckenna on sunday. perhaps i got the address wrong.

i know laura has been checking at least 2x a day.

leslie

DVCcruise
04-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Finally, I had to make my decisions. That doesn't mean that I won't change my mind fifty times between now and June 24th, but it's a start. We're doing Golden Eagle Catamaran and Coral World. I want to ride bikes at CC, but I don't think we'll need a ressie for those. Now, we just need to count down the days.

laurenk
04-27-2004, 12:11 PM
CRB#33- Yes, I know you are kidding.:crazy:

I booked the Sea and See and the package on Castaway Cay that includes snorkel, bikes and floats. We haven't really decided on St. Thomas yet.

Did anyone get upgraded yet!?!?! I am praying that some of us do:worship: Wouldn't that be cool? There seems to be plenty open on our sail date.

Now I have to concentrate on dieting so that I can fit into my summer clothes:scared1:

herrbeeb
04-27-2004, 01:49 PM
holly, laura is going to try again today.

leslie

herrbeeb
04-27-2004, 01:52 PM
laurenk, just curious - how do you know there are open staterooms? i know the website is still taking reservations but i wonder how many are left. a smaller crowd would be ok with me.

leslie

laurenk
04-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Leslie- Hi! I will try and explain my reasoning-

If you act like you are going to book a cruise it will give you the staterooms avaiable( only a certain amount) on DCL, and other websites. Also, by two months out on our October cruise there weren't very many categories open for a party of 4. For example, there are a very limited amount of category 6 staterooms that will hold four. So far, if you are a party of 4 you can still get most of the categories.

Was that confusing? I tried to be clear, but let me know if I wasn't.;)

herrbeeb
04-27-2004, 03:11 PM
laurenk. i tried the website but didn't get the info i was looking for so i will take your word for it. in any case, fewer passengers means a hammock for me on cc.

it appears that we are going to try kayaking at st martin. even ned wants to go. jet skis on cc were rejected. the kids are not interested in an eco tour and want to ride full throttle which i don't believe is permitted at cc. we might them elsewhere if they are available.

other than the rainforest at the spa i plan to do nothing except read and crossword puzzles. i will probably walk deck 4 on sea days. tom and i like sessions. they make a great champagne cocktail and you can talk or listen to music at least until the piano player comes in. ned and i usually attend the cooking demonstrations.

leslie

CRB#33
04-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Hi all!

I haven't booked St. Maarten yet. We haven't decided, but we know we're not going to do any of the more popular excursions. We also may just go off on our own. My DD is a French student and she is very interested in walking around Marigot. I may look more into that.

We are doing the 5 star on St. Thomas. I was torn between that and the beach and snorkel tour. I just didn't want to take a bus ride on those roads :teeth: I'm worried enough about sea sickness.

Lauren did you book your Sea and See for the morning or afternoon? That looks kind of neat.

We also booked the parasailing on CC. But if you want to do it and didn't get booked in time, keep calling, because I have a feeling two of us may chicken out.

Now it's time to research the spa!

Boy June is just not getting here quick enough!

laurenk
04-27-2004, 08:50 PM
We booked our See and Sea for the morning so we can shop after and get back to the ship.

My mom and I are going to try and book the Spa Taster. Have any of you ever done this?

We are also going to do brunch at Palo's. Maybe we can try and book it together if anyone else is interested.

Weegl
04-29-2004, 11:15 AM
My wife, daughter (5), son (6), Mom & Dad will be on this cruise...out 3rd in 3 years.

We can't wait!!!!:Pinkbounc

herrbeeb
04-29-2004, 02:06 PM
welcome weegl, see you in 57 days.

herrbeeb

DVCcruise
04-29-2004, 08:16 PM
Glad to hear from you Weegl...your 3rd cruise in 3 years, I wish I was in your family. LOL We're traveling with 2 girls (5 and 7), so we'll see you in the club. Also have one set of grandparents with us. Our group sounds similiar to yours. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

DVCcruise
04-29-2004, 08:22 PM
We are very interested in the brunch. I want to make sure that we don't go early on the day of our Character breakfast. I wish we knew our rotation before we boarded. The obsessive planners would love to know every detail. Any suggestions on days or times?

What are the opinions on Palo's for dinner? I don't know how interested we are in the dinner. The only menu that I don't really like is Animator's Palate, but that restaurant is so cool for the kids. Maybe we'll double dip that night. I could do 2 desserts!

laurenk
04-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Palo Brunch-

I know it will be a sea day;) , and I will try and figure out what day we are trying for tommorrow. I will gladly book us all together if I get a count. I "think" if we have a certain amount we can book it ahead of time. I might be totally making that up.

As far as dinner, we only really enjoyed the pizza, and dessert. Our main courses were nothing to rave about. There were 6 of us who all agreed last time that it was just okay. I think part of the problem was that we missed the company of our servers that night.

My update on my diet for the cruise is that there is no diet so far:eek:

WEEGL- Welcome! Our sailing companions have a DS that turns 6 on the cruise. My twins are 10, and it is me and my mom sailing with them, leaving the husbands at home this time.::yes::

BethA
04-30-2004, 09:57 PM
Can't believe how organized everyone is!! We just plan to go to a beach so my son can rent a jet ski-that worked well in cozumel last year. Also I know DH will have o try a casino--saw one not so bad with a hotel-maybe we can use the pool while he loses our money. We have early dinner and are on deck 8 also. I think my parents and brother's family are on deck 7.
Can't believe it will be here soon.
Are many people at the radisson-or is everyone switching to ronjon? We are at the radisson-arriving around 3.
beth

laurenk
05-01-2004, 05:12 AM
We are at the Raddison too. We should be there around noon.:)

meneelyb
05-01-2004, 01:15 PM
Our family just recently booked this cruise. My family (4 of us), my brother's family (5) and our parents are all going. We are celebrating our parents' 40th wedding anniversary. My parents don't know about it yet-but they will in the next few days. We are sending them cryptic Disney cards telling them to get ready for something big at the end of June. I am on these boards all the time getting information and good ideas. My family has cruised Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. THis will be our first cruise with the mouse! I can't wait!

::MickeyMo

DVCcruise
05-01-2004, 08:23 PM
meneelyb - welcome, we're glad you found this site. It sounds like your parents are going to have a great anniversary. What are the ages of the children coming with you? We all want more kids for our kids to play with. hee hee!

We're keeping our Radisson ressie and hopefully arriving by noon on Friday. We want to take advantage of the pool and surrounding area. We're thinking of staying close to Savannah, GA on Thursday just to make Friday's drive short. We keep starting vacation earlier and earlier. That won't change the fact that they'll kick us off the boat after 7 days, but oh well.

Any interest in a meet at the Radisson? I think there's a few more staying there or close by. It's about time we started to plan those things.

meneelyb
05-01-2004, 08:46 PM
DVC-our goup of kids include 2 girls (11 &12) and 3 boys (18 months, 3, and 7)

We are from Indiana, but the rest of my family lives in central Fla-so we will be staying there. The meet at the Radisson sounds like a good idea for those who need a place to stay.

I haven't read through all the posts for this thread-what are your children's ages?

S. C.
05-02-2004, 12:08 AM
:wave: Weegl. :wave: meneelyb

Our GS (11) will be with us. This will be our 4th cruise GS's 2nd, first 2 was on carnival 4 day & 7 day. This will be our 2nd disney cruise, we sailed on the wonder 4 day last yr.

MariettaC
05-02-2004, 06:11 AM
I'm travelling with my DD and GS and GD both 10. We will be staying at the Radisson too and would love to meet with others. :wave2:

MariettaC
05-02-2004, 06:36 AM
Just read on the DisBoard that someone leaving June 12th got their documents. Could ours be far behind? How exciting!:jumping1:

DVCcruise
05-02-2004, 09:02 AM
I'm hoping that our documents arrive in a few weeks. We are moving at the beginning of June, so we are afraid that our's might be late. What will we do if they don't arrive? AAAHHHH! Please, keep us informed about your "Dancing."

Meneelyb , our family is me (Susan), DH (Rob), DS (9), & DD (7). We are also traveling with Rob's parents, brother, neice (5), and some dear friends for Western Mass. They have a DD (10) and DS (8). We choose late seating just to give us some extra time in the ports/to get ready/to snack. Whatever we need it for. This will be our second Disney cruise. Last July, we did the 4-day using an awesome military discount. Unfortunately, no discount this year. We were hooked by DCL anyway. We are looking forward to these 50-some days going very fast. We'll see all of you very soon!

DVCcruise
05-04-2004, 07:30 PM
52 day bump

laurenk
05-04-2004, 08:07 PM
Spoke to DCL today, our documents went out today. No upgrade for us:(

herrbeeb
05-05-2004, 07:09 AM
i guess i'll start waiting for the call or email from our ta that our docs have arrived. if they are accurate i leave them with the ta until the last minute. they are much more likely to get lost around here.

i tried on my formal/semi dresses and they fit. now i have to try to minimize the # of outfits i plan to take.

i hope to meet you all on the cruise.

CRB#33
05-05-2004, 02:28 PM
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :tongue: :hyper: :boat: :jumping1: :happy2: :fish:
:thewave: :thewave: :cloud9:

Guess what!

DOCS ARE HERE!!!!

I booked on the first day the ressies opened up for this day back at the end of 2002, so maybe that's why!

YIPPEE!!!

MariettaC
05-05-2004, 03:20 PM
CRB#33 Terrific!! Can't wait to get mine. :cheer2:

MariettaC
05-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Came home from work to find my documents waiting:cheer2: :cheer2: :thewave: :cloud9:

CRB#33
05-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Great News!!

Such fun isn't it?

I didn't get my docs for my Wonder cruise until 2 weeks before. Drove me crazy!!

Now I'm going to go crazy the other way! LOL! It's still such a long way off!

Have a great night! Have you poured over every word yet? :crazy: :hyper:

laurenk
05-06-2004, 10:03 PM
I got my documents too! MariettaC(my mom) thought she was going to do the dance without me today.... she was wrong;) :jumping1:

Did anyone book the repositioning cruise? We did, now we have something to look forward to after July 3rd:hyper:

MariettaC
05-07-2004, 03:55 AM
CRB#33 Not only did I read every piece of paper but for "safety" sake I placed the documents in a Ziplock bag in my suitcase. It gets very humid here in the south and I didn't want the papers to get damp. LOL Can't wait to meet everyone!

CRB#33
05-07-2004, 05:30 AM
No Pacific cruise for us. :(

This is all we can afford for a few years. I think we'll be waiting until the kids are out of college before we splurge like this again.

Oh well. You can be darn sure I'm going to make the most out of every moment of this cruse!!!!

Have a great day!

Harryo
05-07-2004, 08:06 AM
Got our Docs yesterday!!! Makes it seem so much closer.

Cherylbug
05-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Hi guys :wave2:

Is it too late to join in? I'll also be on this sailing. It will be me, DD(10), my Mom, Dad, Brother, SIL, Niece (15) and Nephew(8). We are all sooo excited. We booked this cruise while on the Magic last June so we've been waiting a while. We will be staying on deck 6 with early seating for dinner. This will be our 7th DCL cruise.

Our travel agent called yesterday and said our docs are in too so we'll be going by today to pick them up. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Time to leave is getting closer and closer. Can't wait!!!!

S. C.
05-07-2004, 10:46 AM
:wave: Cherylbug

WELCOME Glad you found us.

herrbeeb
05-07-2004, 11:18 AM
welcome cheryl,

this will be our 4th dcl cruise. i have 2 dds, 12 and 16 and ds, 14, oh yeah dh too.

havn't heard from our ta yet but i have a receipt so no rush.

leslie

sum41gurlie0270
05-07-2004, 06:42 PM
decided to be the 200th poster on this thread. :teeth: lol

We still haven't got our documents, but we booked on an online travel agent. Has anyone else done this before? Do you know when we should expect our documents?

I can't wait till they get here! :hyper:

HollyH
05-07-2004, 07:52 PM
No Docs yet! :sad:

I'm so jealous! We booked in January if that makes a difference.
However.... my DH got his passport yesterday! My DS (17) has his but my DD & I are still waiting on ours.

Harryo.... My DD (13) and Herrbeeb's DD (12 3/4) have hooked up via emails. Are you still surprising your DD (13)? If you are, have her get in touch when she finds out. I can't believe your keeping it a secret this long. I couldn't do it!

Herrbeeb... did your DD get my DD's letter w/photo?

Less than 50 days! Can you believe it!

herrbeeb
05-07-2004, 08:25 PM
i don't have mine yet either but i won't get concerned for awhile. we went to wdw in feb. (it was a last minute trip) and the docs didn't arrive until after we left. so we traveled docless. no problem.

HollyH - the most adorable picture arrived. great idea to include Harryo's dd in the group.

i hope we meet on board.

S. C.
05-08-2004, 01:08 AM
GOT OUR DOCS!! :tongue: :)

I was just getting in my car to go to work when the ups truck pulled in the driveway. I didn't have time to come back in the house and post so i had to wait till after work. :bounce: :Pinkbounc

DVCcruise
05-08-2004, 09:24 AM
:( No docs here yet. We booked through DVC, so maybe that's why they're not first to arrive. I am feeling jealous of those that have. I don't really know what I need them for right now, but I want them.

laurenk
05-10-2004, 06:34 AM
I think it takes a while for docs to come if you book thru DVC. They will be here soon!!

herrbeeb- I am confused by your post about docs. I am pretty sure you cannot get on the ship without them.

Before you know it it will be our turn to sail!!!

Cherylbug
05-10-2004, 07:11 AM
Hi everyone.:wave2:

Only a little over 6 weeks left to wait. Has anyone started packing anything yet?

Hope you guys had a great weekend.

HollyH
05-10-2004, 07:29 AM
We booked through DVC also. Sounds like a pattern developing. I guess we DVC-ers have to wait a little longer.

What, exactly, are in the Docs you receive?

Cherylbug... not packing yet. Big issue is with my DH & DS(17) to decide what they're planning on wearing for formal night. Suit vs tux vs flip-flops issue. I'm dealing with Jimmy Buffet-like dressers so this has been a chore!

laurenk
05-10-2004, 07:57 AM
HollyH- My DS10 wore his soccer sandals with his suit for formal night:rolleyes: . It was either that or listen to the grumbling all night long about his shoes.

The docs have information on tux rentals, gifts for purchase, Immigration forms,an information pamphlet, luggage tags, itinerary,important messages,gratuity guidlines,transfer info.,payment authorization form,embarkation form,departure information form, andcruise contract forms.

I have not begun packing, but I do have a big pile growing in the corner of my bedroom;)

herrbeeb
05-10-2004, 10:00 AM
i can't believe i just typed a nice long post and access was denied. oh well.

laurenk, you are probablyright about the sailing docs. what i meant to say is 46 days out is still to early for me to be concerned. other than checking them for accuracy i won't touch the docs until we are on the dcl bus anyway.

havn't started paking but i have been planning and trying to get dh and dcs to make a list of their needs. it seems we are down to one pair of soccer sandals (the girls) which we are now fighting over so i see some shoe purchases in my future. i also buy toiletries, etc. each time i got to the market or wal-mart.

my mantra this tear is "its' their vacation too". i'm not going to insist on suits or ties for dh and ds. as long as they are within the dress code. the girls and i will dress up because we like to.
my dh wears a tie to work every day so he should relax.

has anyone had laundry done on board? i will proably need underwear/socks laundered before we go to wdw post-cruise.

CRB#33
05-10-2004, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm having the same suit/tux dilema with the boys. Hubby is wearing a tux though (He has his own). DD is wearing a tea length black dress and I'm wearing a full length black dress.

Not only do I have a growing pile in the corner, but I've filled a drawer too!:crazy:

If I had a spare bedroom, you would bet I'd have things in it! LOL

My DD can't find a swim suit to save her life :rolleyes: First of all she hates to shop :confused: , and second, she is the most modest teenager I know. Everything out now is teeny tiny. She hates it. I'm glad, but I wish they would sell something that doesn't make the boys go ape. :(

She's on the swim team at school, so I have a feeling we're going to end up in racing suits. They're just very expensive. Ahh well. I prefer modesty I guess, so I'll be happy to spend the money :)

I did laundry on our Wonder trip. Just one load on our sea day. I got lucky and found an open washer the first time I checked so I had no problem.

I took my own washing soap (the tablets are great and easy to pack) and I took a few of my own dryer sheets in a baggie.

I think I may be doing some laundry on the trip too. Probably just whites also.

Getting closer and closer!

laurenk
05-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Leslie- We are going to WDW after the cruise too, and will be staying at Pop Century. WE are hoping to get all of our clothes clean before we leave the ship. My mom did laundry on our last cruise and had no problems.

As far as formal night, we will be in dresses and jackets, but not too dressy. Once was enough for us I think.

BethA
05-10-2004, 03:27 PM
No docs yet for us either.

We have done laundry on all 3 of our cruises-on port days--at sea the laundry is crazy.

Did have DS suit dry cleaned--major spill and he needed to wear it again---very reasonable.

No CA for us either-are looking at southen caribbean with RCL but I'll miss Disney. Can't believe how close we are getting to June 26!!

Beth

herrbeeb
05-10-2004, 06:26 PM
thanx for the info. i will probably send laundry out. i'm on vacation too.

laurenk,we are staying at the poly through 7/5. on sunday we are having dinner at the o'hana feast and watching the fireworks from the poly beach. how are you getting to wdw after the cruise? we have reserved an suv through happy limo.

herrbeeb
05-12-2004, 06:38 AM
my ta called yesterday. our docs are in! i asked her to hold on to them until next week.

laurenk
05-12-2004, 07:02 AM
We are eating at O'Hana's for the 4th too! We are using Florida tours. I still have to call them to arrange it though. Our flights have been changed 3 times in 3 months, so I wanted to wait til it was pretty close to sailing to book it.

herrbeeb
05-12-2004, 07:30 AM
laurenk, how cool is that? we are really splurging this trip and i have begun to consider whether it is really worth it. i suppose that is the downside of planning so far in advance.

the kids insisted on dcl even though they were given several other choices. we were in wdw in feb and had a great time, even though the weather was iffy. do you think this trip is just too much disney. now i'm worried that with 3 sea days the kids will be bored.

DVCcruise
05-12-2004, 09:02 AM
I know that it will be difficult to leave the ship after our wonderful week, so maybe a few extra days a WDW would be great. Can we stay with one of you? Just kidding! We went to the parks after our 4 day cruise last summer, it made leaving the ship a little less painful (just a little). This is going to be a great vacation. I can hardly wait.

herrbeeb
05-12-2004, 09:08 AM
thanx, DVCcruise! i just returned from my walk and i spent the entire time obsessing over the trip. i keep thinging its' too much disney, not to mention too much $.

i just read your post and i feel better.

laurenk
05-12-2004, 09:23 PM
I am not the right person to ask if it is too much Disney or too much money. ;) My whole family would rather vacation at WDW(and now the DCL) than anywhere else. This will be our 8th time to WDW(we spend @ 10 days there) and our second cruise on DCL. After all those times there, we STILL find many new things to do and see. For us it truely is the most magical place on earth. Many people think we are crazy to go as often as we do, but we don't care. Some people just don't "get it".

Now, all that being said, you have to go to WDW knowing it is going to be VERY hot and VERY crowded. Just make sure you plan well, drink plenty of water, and take breaks in the afternoon.

I got the new Passporter today while I was out looking for the Panama book that everyone is talking about. It is really good. Couldn't find the Panama book so I will have to order it online.

We should all start thinking about a meet at the Raddison, or on board somewhere. My kids would like to meet some of your kids at the Raddison if possible. My DD is pretty shy, and would do better in the clubs knowing people ahead of time. My DS is pretty easy going, he made friends pretty fast last cruise.

sum41gurlie0270
05-12-2004, 10:36 PM
I think a DIS meet on board would be good too if there is one at the raddison, just because some people might not be getting to Florida till the day of the cruise, or are staying at a different hotel.

unless my family is the only one lol :scratchin

herrbeeb
05-13-2004, 06:44 AM
we arrive on friday but are staying at the mco hyatt so i would be in favor of a shipboard meet.

S. C.
05-13-2004, 10:58 AM
We will be at WDW the week before the cruise and won't get to port canavaral till the morning of the 26th.

Harryo
05-13-2004, 02:45 PM
We'll be at universal for three days before. We'll arrive at the port Sat the 26th.

sum41gurlie0270
05-13-2004, 02:58 PM
THE DOCUMENTS ARE HERE!!!

:jumping1:

it seems so much closer now!! :hyper:

herrbeeb
05-13-2004, 05:33 PM
can i suggest a meeting on saturday night at 10 pm in the sessions bar?

sum41gurlie0270
05-13-2004, 05:46 PM
but if people have children, and they want them to meet the other DISer's children, then they can't in the bar.

just a thought.

herrbeeb
05-13-2004, 05:51 PM
very thoughtful of you, sum41... because my children are older i guess i thought they would make their own arrangements. i was really trying to get the discussion going and i am open to any other suggestions.

we have the early seating.

BethA
05-13-2004, 06:32 PM
I know on other cruises they met on deck 10 during the sail away party--something to think of as an option.

still no documents.

We also go to WDW a lot, and this s our 4th cruise, always get those who think we are crazy!!! At least we are crazy and having a great time.

Beth

MariettaC
05-14-2004, 04:08 AM
I think Deck 10 during the sail away party is a good idea. :boat: :wave:

herrbeeb
05-14-2004, 06:36 AM
the sail away party is fine with me. how will recognize one another?

S. C.
05-14-2004, 10:32 AM
Deck 10 would be fine with us to.

BethA
05-14-2004, 11:03 AM
I'm not that organized, but on 1 cruise someone gave a list of all those going, with any info they wanted to share and made Dis nametags and green ribbons for the dis meet. It was nice to have the info to see whose cabin was near yours and who shared dining rotations, but sounds like work unless we start another thread for just that.
Beth

herrbeeb
05-14-2004, 01:01 PM
i'm not much for name tags, too many years of trainings i guess. a list woudn't be too difficult though, there are only 10+ of us on this thread. i could ask all interested parties to provide the information and we could pick a specific place and time on deck 10 to meet. it could be done on the thread or through pms.

any thoughts?

frankly, you all seem so nice and i have enjoyed reading and posting. not to mention all the helpful information i have gleaned here and there.

plus, one of my dds has already made a friend through this thread.

that is why i would like to meet you.

MariettaC
05-15-2004, 05:54 AM
I like the idea of a list of DISers. We could identify ourselves by wearing green ribbons. If I can help in any way let me know.:flower1:

HollyH
05-15-2004, 08:04 AM
I'm in! This being our first cruise I can't help with a meeting location so green ribbons on Deck 10 works for me. Where on Deck 10 were you thinking? It would be nice to meet everyone.

Leslie... even if the meet doen't happen, I know we'll be meeting through our DDs and touching base all week long!

DVCcruise
05-15-2004, 05:57 PM
I like the idea of planning a few meets, just in case someone can't make the sail away party. Deck 10 sailaway party can be the first meet, and then maybe another during the day on one of the "at sea" days. I defintely can find a green ribbon of some sort.

Is anyone interested in doing Palo brunch together one day? I'm still debating dinner at Palo's, but I'm sure that I want to to the brunch!

We'll be arriving at the Radisson on Friday afternoon. The pictures of that pool look amazing. Maybe we can get together there. How does that sound?

laurenk
05-16-2004, 04:54 AM
Hi everyone-

You can get lime green curling ribbon at WalMArt in the wrapping paper section.

Me and my mom(MariettaC) would be willing to do brunch, and we will also be at the Raddison. Should be there by 2 the latest.

Sail Away is a crazy time, so we should probably pick another time to try and meet too. I know I won't be able to get my DD away from the stage on deck 9.

More then likely we will all be bumping into each other beginning in the line to board the ship. We will be the 2 women with 2 ten year olds crazy with excitement:thewave:

herrbeeb
05-16-2004, 09:06 AM
ok, here is my proposal. any one interested in meeting be at the midships elevator lobby around the beginning of the sail away party. wear a green ribbon.

if people are interested i would be happy to prepare a list. you may provide all, any or none of the following information;

1. stateroom
2. dinner seating
3. children/ages
4. others in party
5. shore excursions/other activities

please repond on this thread or pm me and i will keep track of replies and compile list.

any other suggestions

leslie

DVCcruise
05-16-2004, 06:14 PM
Instead of meeting at the start of the deck party, why don't we meet before the safety drill? I will be as excited as my children, so I'll have to get there early to find a great spot.

We're heading over to the port 10:30 on the first shuttle (at least they told me that it was the first shuttle). I hope you will all find me up at the head of the line. Wearing my green ribbon, of course.

BethA
05-16-2004, 06:19 PM
We're suppoed to be on that shuttle too--all 12 of us. I'm assuming you are talking about the radisson. Last year the shuttle was a zoo!!!

DVCcruise
05-16-2004, 06:29 PM
It will be a fight to see who can get in line the quickest. Did you have any trouble booking the shuttle? I do have the cruise package, so they took my name a while back. Maybe I should call to make sure? Anyway, I'm sure we'll all get there. My husband is not too sure about the shuttle, so I hope I don't start our vacation with an "I told you so." We'll see.

Leslie, I sent you a PM with our information, but I forgot the shore excursions. OOPS! We're doing Golden Eagle (1:00) and Coral World (8:00). Maybe some jet skis and bike on CC. We just don't know yet.

Just weeks away. Yippee!

BethA
05-16-2004, 06:38 PM
I emailed them several months back and had no trouble. Will have the email on hand in case it is a problem there.

laurenk
05-16-2004, 08:07 PM
That is funny, because all 7 of us are suppose to be on the first shuttle too!!:eek:

laurenk
05-16-2004, 08:11 PM
Just hung up with them, and confirmed we are on the first shuttle. The nice girl said it holds 35 people!!!!:crowded:

DVCcruise
05-16-2004, 09:14 PM
It looks like the first shuttle will be filled with DISers. The 4 of us are going over with BethA and laurenK. The rest of you can find our 3 families up together in line, or on the side of the road because the Radisson was just kidding about the shuttle service.

We plan on using the pool at the Radisson as much as possible on Friday. Just look for us there!

MariettaC
05-17-2004, 04:01 AM
It looks like our first DIS meet for this cruise will take place on the shuttle from the Radisson:wave:

DVCcruise
05-18-2004, 03:36 PM
That's so funny that we are all on that shuttle. I guess we found out on DIS that we need to book early. Now, what are our thoughts about a meet once we're on board? Before the lifeboat drill, after the lifeboat drill, the first day at sea, we have so many options.

Herrbeeb, how's your list coming?

sum41gurlie0270
05-18-2004, 06:07 PM
Well a meet does sound like a good idea, but since I'm a teenager *news flash in case you didn't know lol* I will probably just be making my own arrangments to be meeting with a couple of teenagers I'm already talking to online, like HollyH's DS.

Were getting so close! I can't wait!! :bounce:

herrbeeb
05-20-2004, 11:03 AM
i just picked up our docs and i was shopping for a tropical night dress when dd #2 called with a homework crisis. i don't know if cell phones are a blessing or a curse.

i am working on my dis meet list and i would love to hear from any one else who is interested in a dis meet.

see you soon.

HollyH, dd#1, 16, would be happy to talk to Kyle if he is interested.

leslie