PDA

View Full Version : How many here are planning on Dec. '04? UPDATE check in on DVC CB thread/poll

Pages : [1] 2

dianeschlicht
12-15-2003, 10:36 AM
I am getting ready to plan our December 2004 trip. We are tentatively planningn on Dec. 1-10, 2004. I get to call and make this ressie right before we leave for our January trip.

Who else is planning during that time frame?

dairyou
12-15-2003, 10:44 AM
As you responded to my post you can see that I want to!

I think we will once I have my husband read all your great responses on my post! ;) Hopefully I will be joining you!

Deb

dianeschlicht
12-15-2003, 10:58 AM
We really love this time of year. I would never suggest it for a first time WDW traveler, because there are normal embiance things that would be missed, but it is so special for the holidays!

DrTomorrow
12-15-2003, 10:58 AM
DW and I are planning a trip for Dec 5 - 10 at SSR. (and hoping two dear friends will be able to join us :grouphug: ) It will be our first visit to WDW at Christmas time; we enjoyed MNSSHP so much, and we can't wait to see the entire World all decked out for the holidays!

dianeschlicht
12-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Great! You will be nearby too since we will be at OKW!

nisiemouse
12-15-2003, 11:09 AM
We are going on our first Disney cruise on Dec 19 and plan to go about 3 days early to spend time at disney and go to our first MVMCP!:D

zulaya
12-15-2003, 11:09 AM
We are going down tentatively Dec 3-11 at BCV. I have both sides of the family coming down and we will be a Grand Gathering! I am so excited! Especially after reading some of the reviews that are coming back from the GG events. We'll have 2 - 2 BR at BCVs.

Fun Fun Fun...can't wait!

dianeschlicht
12-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Zulaya, hope to see you there! We are doing our GG in October. What events have you planned so far?

aero99
12-15-2003, 11:17 AM
Me too!! I hope to go SSR December 5-10! I watched the holidays at WDW special last night on travel channel and that did me in. I told DH last night we had to go! :D

Melissa

dianeschlicht
12-15-2003, 11:22 AM
Yes, last night made me excited too, but we had already made the disicion to go back. A couple of other DISsers are going to be down there at the same time, and we have started planning some "mini meets". I thought if there were enough planning from here, that might be a fun thing to do too!

belle3
12-15-2003, 11:22 AM
We'll be going right before Christmas...not sure if we will stay at OKW or at our home resort, SSR, just depends on who will be going with us..Should be there from the 19-24th. The world is beautiful all decked out for the holidays. We have been for the past three years, didn't make it this year :( , but will absolutely be there next year!!!
Let's hope the weather is warm!!!

zulaya
12-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Diane, we are definitely doing the Magical Fireworks Voyage. I also want to do the International Dinner and Illuminations Dessert Reception at Epcot, but not sure if I can convince the whole group to pay for 2 events. The Safari Dinner sounds very interesting as well, but I think more people in my group would be interested in the Epcot dinner.

We are talking over Xmas about all this stuff when everyone is around.

Is your group planning on doing any of the events?

--Mary

spiceycat
12-15-2003, 11:50 AM
Yes - I have missed being there either of the last two weeks - I haven't decided yet - the first or the second - but I will definitely be there one of those weeks.....

OKW!!!

Probably starting on the 4th.....

dianeschlicht
12-15-2003, 12:03 PM
Is your group planning on doing any of the events?
Haven't decided yet, but we will be talking about it over CHristmas too.

WDWLVR
12-15-2003, 12:16 PM
We had great fun in WDW at Holiday time, but next year we have to take a pass. We're booked on the 10 day DCL cruise so we'll be spending the holidays at sea!

Definately hope to get back to the world during the holidays in the coming years.

DebbieB
12-15-2003, 12:40 PM
Planning Dec 4 to 10, BWV

Raysplus1
12-15-2003, 12:48 PM
We plan on going Nov. 27 - Dec. 4 at BW. We can't wait to go. This the longest period between trips we have had in 6yrs ( 18 months).

Mazz519
12-15-2003, 12:56 PM
Every year the first two weeks of Dec, The best
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

aero99
12-15-2003, 12:59 PM
Since there are usually so many DVC'ers at WDW during December, would it be possible for us to plan some grand gathering events? I mean, I can't do it alone since it will be just my husband and myself. Would they let some of us get together so we could do the Illuminations desert or the safari & dinner?

Thanks!
Melissa

dianeschlicht
12-15-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by aero99
Since there are usually so many DVC'ers at WDW during December, would it be possible for us to plan some grand gathering events? I mean, I can't do it alone since it will be just my husband and myself. Would they let some of us get together so we could do the Illuminations desert or the safari & dinner?

Thanks!
Melissa
That would be a mini meet, and that was the real reason I started this thread. I thought it might be nice to plan an event for all the DVC/DIS board folks who might be down at the same time next year.

Lexxiefern
12-15-2003, 01:24 PM
We'll be at BCV Dec 2 - 10 ::yes::

wdwstar
12-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Magical Gathering Family Reunion Dec. 23- Jan.2 ,

Wlv Dec. 23-26 Bvc Dec. 26-Jan. 3,

3 - Families, 2- grandparents

Merry Christmas, this year and next year !

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Caskbill
12-15-2003, 01:58 PM
We're planning for early December, either 1-week or 2.

Normally we've been doing New Year's Eve there but next year have decided to go early December instead of NYE for 2 reasons:

1. NYE in 2004 falls on a weekend so those Premier season point values really go up, about 150% higher per night.

2. We'll be there this year beginning Dec 30th and will be purchasing PAP's. These passes will still be good next year for early December, but would expire right before NYE next year.

Would definitely be interested in any kind of mini-meet, Dec 2004.

dianeschlicht
12-15-2003, 02:20 PM
Great, Caskbil! You are one I would love to meet too! Let's see how many are interested!

FriendsOfEeyore
12-15-2003, 02:26 PM
We can't decide when exactly to go. Our annivesary is the 21st. We have been looking either the week of the 12th or 19th. It might be nice to down there for Christmas Eve next year (that would then include our anniversary).

We will stay at our home resort of the Beach Club, I guess. Any chance of booking say a studio or 1 br at OKW, 7 months out for any week starting the 5th, 12th, or 16th?

If there is enough interest in doing a DIS/DVC meet, we might be willing to go the week of the 5th (my wife was saying how she likes the "slower" crowds around that week).

dianeschlicht
12-15-2003, 02:39 PM
YOu wont know unless you try. Lots of folks book at 11 months and change their minds, so it is always possible. We will be there 12/1-12/10.

WebmasterDoc
12-15-2003, 02:43 PM
We'll be there- probably Dec 1-5. Sounds like fun!!

dianeschlicht
12-15-2003, 03:01 PM
Sounds like a mini meet is a go for a year from now! Now all we have to do is resurect this idea in a couple of months so we can make some definate plans!

zulaya
12-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Probably mid January after everyone makes their initial ressies!

Nick@ VB+OKW
12-15-2003, 04:05 PM
We are going down to West Palm Beach(visit sister) first from Dec 23-25 then heading up to OKW for 5 nights Dec 26-31.::yes::

Maistre Gracey
12-15-2003, 04:09 PM
My wife and I are planning a December '04 trip, but we have not set hard dates as of yet.
We would enjoy meeting other DIS/DVCers! :cool:

MG

rsschneck
12-15-2003, 09:32 PM
Just talked about going last night. We have a schoolager so we thought maybe the 18th through the 25th. That way points are a little less and we ould be back home for Christmas with Family.

Still some time to talk and plan, we will see.

UPDATE: We will be @ SSR in a 1 bedroom from December 19th through Dec. 24th and then off to Grandma's!

zurgswife
12-15-2003, 09:41 PM
Funny you bring this up...zurg and I were discussing last night use of points and that we could do first week of Dec 4 -10th and again at Easter....So, I think on Jan 5th I'll start booking....It would be great to meet you Diane...

mom2rb
12-15-2003, 09:58 PM
We are taking all of my DH's family. Two of his sisters will be in college so we have to wait until the dates for finals come out. It will be either the first or second week in Dec.

PamOKW
12-15-2003, 10:06 PM
I hope to go sometime next December, too. Maybe the Christmas Week....

Just a word of advice to new members -- as you can see in this post, several people mentioned "talking it over with the family over Christmas". This results in people calling to book vacation plans for the year during January, not just for December but often firming up summer vacation plans, too. Don't be upset if you find the MS phones very, very busy. Allow yourself time to be on hold. And don't worry, things will start to go back to normal by mid-February. :)

pirateparrot
12-15-2003, 10:56 PM
I am looking at a December 5 - 10 trip at SSR, unless I can get VWL at the 7 month mark but I doubt that will happen.

Jecca
12-15-2003, 11:33 PM
DH are planning on being at BWV Dec. 25-30, 2004. Hoping for a Boardwalk view studio. We went last year same dates and loved it. Crowded as all heck, but definitely worth it for the decorations and ambiance. Its great to not have to worry much about standing in lines for rides when its that crowded because we know we'll be back soon in a less-crowded time period.

I am so sad not to be going this year, but we're points poor right now. Need to save 'em up. Actually, it turned out to not be such a bad thing. We loved seeing the Osbourne Lights and they aren't up this year. Hopefully they'll will be back up and running next year as expected.

dianeschlicht
12-16-2003, 06:56 AM
It sounds like we have two possible meets that could happen here! One the first half of December and one the last part! I'll take care of planning the one for the time period before Dec. 10. Anyone want to take on the responsibility for later in the month?

lenshanem
12-16-2003, 06:57 AM
Plan to go for 3 nights after Christmas, before New Years. Good time for hubby to go.

Disney Enthusiast
12-16-2003, 08:09 AM
We have been visiting WDW in Dec for years now because that seems to be the only time my husband can take off from work. He owns a construction co. and they work Spring, Summer, and FAll and plow in winter when it snows. Hence we must go during the winter (slow season) when it's least likely to snow (it's already snowed twice in Central PA this year). We usually go every other year (this would be our Dec to go), but now that we are a DVC member, we plan to vacation once a year.... YIPPEE!! We can't go this Dec because I had a baby a few mos. back and we don't want to travel too far w/ her. So next year is set in stone w/ us as long as I can get a ressie the 1st 2 wks of Dec. We own at SSR and I hear this year won't be too much of a problem, but to make a ressie early anyway. Waiting for January so I can be on hold w/ the rest of my neighbors. Maybe we'll see you there.

Simba's Mom
12-16-2003, 08:49 AM
I'm really hoping to be there, and if I am, I'm sure it will be solo (DH is a Christmas scrooge) so I'd love it if there were a DIS meet.
I find the DISers I've met to be the nicest people. I just returned from my first Dec. trip and was blown away by the Candlelight Processional. I'd love to nake this an annual "must-do". Only one problem-I just applied for a teaching job, and with teaching you kind of have to take vacation at certain times, not whenever, so I don't know. So if I get the job, good news-I need the money; bad news-don't know if I can go to WDW in early December! But I wanna go!

dianeschlicht
12-16-2003, 08:52 AM
Hope it works out, Simba's Mom!

KathyR
12-16-2003, 10:38 AM
The kids (then 7 and 9) and I will be there the Dec 26-Jan 15. My husband may join us the last week we are there. This will be our kids first trip w/the holiday decorations up, and I know they will be excited! Plus, to add to the excitement, I am not telling them until I wake them up X-mas morning to leave :) I am so excited to surprise them! I only hope I can pull it off ;) It is so hard for me not to talk about our trips with them and anyone else around me for that matter LOL So, hopefully the surprise trip will still be a surprise trip next X-mas.

I am up for a Dis-meet anytime during our trip. If nobody else wants to plan it, I guess I could.

Doing one of the GG offeriings sounds great. Maybe that could work out. Maybe not LOL

Happy Holidays to all!!!

Mary Ellen
12-16-2003, 12:42 PM
We're planning on being at BWV in early December - haven't firmed up the dates yet. Being able to do some of the 'group' things that aren't $$ reasonable for a couple sounds great!

Deemarch
12-16-2003, 02:28 PM
DH & I are going to make ressies at SSR for Dec. 25th - Jan. 1st. We would love to get a chance to meet some of our fellow Diser's!

disneycrazed139
12-16-2003, 10:58 PM
With a December use year and a new set of points delivered, it is a likely time for us.

Since we are already borrowing for the first trip, it looks like we will try the economical route the next time around--mid December will be at OKW. Can't wait!!

Johnnie Fedora
12-16-2003, 11:11 PM
Were are looking at a combo trip for that timeframe. 6 nights HH then 7 nights at VWL!!

dianeschlicht
12-17-2003, 05:51 AM
I'm going to give this a couple more days, and then I will do a tentative tally and see what we can come up with for a couple of meets. We will aim for one early in the second week and one at the end of the month.

kathleena
12-17-2003, 05:17 PM
Me! We are going Dec 1-8!

Maistre Gracey
12-17-2003, 05:49 PM
OK, we are doing some sort of trip for December '04, but the deets are not set yet.

BIG FACTOR- When does MVMCP start? I would not want to do a December trip and miss that... :cool:

MG

Happy Birthday Cat
12-17-2003, 05:55 PM
When does MVMCP start? I would not want to do a December trip and miss that...
Maistre Gracey: This year and last, the first MVMCP was the Sunday night following Thanksgiving. We are planning on going for Thanksgiving next year to take advantage of our about to be purchased AP's and will stay through the first MVMCP because like you, I don't want to go down during the holiday season and miss it again.

HBC

Maistre Gracey
12-17-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanx, HBC... :cool:

MG

nanajoyx2
12-17-2003, 06:44 PM
My DH and I will be there the beginning of December(haven't decided exactly what dates yet). We would love to meet other DIS members and DVC members. Please keep me informed.

Elaine

KNWVIKING
12-17-2003, 09:06 PM
..... Dec 4-11 at VWL. Possibly a week earlier, Nov 27- Dec 4th, but not likely.

Anybody know what the MNF game is for the 6th. Poly louge is a great place to watch it and chat.

luvindisneyworld
12-17-2003, 09:41 PM
Dec 26-Jan 01 for DH and Myself.I can help plan something if i need to,I am a Planaholic anyway(LOL).
Misty

SnowWitch
12-17-2003, 10:06 PM
We are planning for Dec.11-18 for our family of 4, w/ my brother, wife, and nephew,& my best friend and her family. It will be my brother's 1st time at the BWV'as so I'm excited and my nephews first trip to Disney!!!!!:teeth:

Lesley
12-17-2003, 11:57 PM
We're planning to be at the VWL from the 12th to the 17th. It will be our 3rd year in a row to go to WDW in December. Last year we enjoyed it, but weren't thrilled about the chilly weather. This year the weather didn't bother us in the least (though we plan to get good rain gear so we can keep going no matter what! Dec. seems to have really soaking rains!).

There's something about all the holiday decorations, music, and special shows and things going on that make December a special time. And the lack of crowds is nice too.

dianeschlicht
12-18-2003, 05:59 AM
Dec. seems to have really soaking rains!).
THat statement really surprised me, because Dec. is usually a very dry month down there. This must be an unusual year.

zurgswife
12-18-2003, 06:14 AM
Just as long as they have gotten ALL the RAINS out of the way this year prior to my Arrival this coming SAT...:D :D :D ...

Hope to see some of you guys next year

bcvprincesses
12-18-2003, 07:20 AM
We will be there sometime in the first 2 weeks of Dec at BCV or VWL. I am so excited to see all the Christmas decorations for the first time

mamarobin24
12-18-2003, 08:13 AM
Not quite sure when we are going to be there, but we're going for Christmastime. We are taking my foster parents to see the Candlelight Processional, and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. The kids tell me they are "too old" to go; this is because they are alas accursed teens into being cool. They will, of course, change their tune as soon as they get there.

I think planning some get togethers is a great idea.

tjkraz
12-18-2003, 11:45 PM
We should be at SSR (2B) 12/12 to 12/17.

wilderness01
12-19-2003, 01:10 AM
We will be there Dec 3rd through the 9th at the VWL.

lsutigger2
12-19-2003, 07:53 PM
Count us in also, hoping to go Dec 5 -10, don't know where we'll be staying. Trying to get three trips in next year. Want to see Christmas decorations !!!!!

OKWFreak
12-19-2003, 09:40 PM
Hope to close escrow soon and planning to be there in December,2004.:jester:

Gail & Joe
12-21-2003, 11:56 AM
We just returned from our first visit home. WLV We are planning on returning again next Dec. 12th - 23rd.

StormTigger
12-21-2003, 12:51 PM
We're planning on being there!! Dec 5-11 either BCV (home resort), OKW (we could add an extra day), or VWL (fav resort)... aahhh.. so many choices - & I wouldn't have it any other way!

dianeschlicht
12-21-2003, 01:28 PM
I am going to give this thread a few more days, and at the end of the week, once the holidays are over, I will start a tally of who will be there first half and who last half of the month. Then we will plan an event based on what the participnts would like. I would think something like dessert at one of the resorts, or maybe an illuminations dessert gathering. It would depend on how many are interested and if we want to have a cost free meet, or if folks would want to spend a small amount of money on a simple gathering.

dianeschlicht
12-22-2003, 02:41 PM
bump:)

tinkgrl
12-22-2003, 03:26 PM
Hi,

Going to try & book BCV from December 12th-16th!!

Allison an associate

erikthewise
12-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Isn't everybody? We're doing the 4-day cruise Dec 5-9, followed by four or five days at WDW. Hoping to get VWL, but would settle for others.

Mary Ellen
12-23-2003, 03:04 PM
We've picked our dates: Dec 8-17 at BWV.

K9pal
12-23-2003, 03:18 PM
We're new DVC'ers and planning our first trip "home" in September 2004. But our 20th anniversary is 12/15/04, and we plan to go back for 3-4 nights then too. Not sure where we'll stay then. We're already planning both trips!

OKW91
12-23-2003, 05:03 PM
We are planning on a November 28 to December 4 visit at OKW!! This is our favorite time of the year, have been visiting in this time frame since the 70's.

newarknut
12-24-2003, 09:34 AM
I'm hoping to talk my DW into a Nov 28 - Dec 5 trip. Our son, 13 will need to miss 5 days of school. It doesn't bother me or my son, however, the Mrs. might have a problem since this will be his first year of Jr. High (7th grade).

I LOVE this time of year at Disney! We spent 9 nites last year at VWL & BCV and had a great time. Very relaxing.

Wish me luck!!!

RLevy29
12-25-2003, 08:54 AM
We are planning to go sometime between 12/25-1/2. I teach so it is not possible for me to go the first half of the month. We have stayed at the Dolphin before but we are thinking about either OKW or BCV. We own at both resorts so we will make up our minds by the beginning of Feb.

Caskbill
12-26-2003, 02:28 PM
dvc_john here (using caskbill's sign-in)....

will be there most of the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas 2004.....

wdw4life
12-27-2003, 12:45 AM
I am a new DVC family member and will be going home next year 12/07-12/11. Can't wait!!! :Pinkbounc

dyingtodisney
12-27-2003, 02:01 AM
Just picked dates last night:Pinkbounc Dh,dd9 and ds5 (next years ages) and I will be either at SSR or VWL Dec. 27-Jan.1 or 2nd. Really wanted to be there on Christmas Day but my mother would have a coronary if she didn't get to see her grandchildren on the 25th!
Would love to meet fellow dis'ers there!

DJGifford
12-27-2003, 10:38 AM
My goal was to call Friday to book us for 12/19/04 - 12/24/04...but when I picked up the phone it was 6 p.m. darn! I will be calling right at 9 on Monday morning!! We will be at the BWV. I can't wait...I keep hearing how great it is...

Nick@ VB+OKW
12-27-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by DJGifford
My goal was to call Friday to book us for 12/19/04 - 12/24/04...but when I picked up the phone it was 6 p.m. darn! I will be calling right at 9 on Monday morning!! We will be at the BWV. I can't wait..

DJGifford
No hurry to call Monday............the earliest you can book your stay is Jan 20,2004 at the 11 month window.;)

zurgswife
01-08-2004, 07:28 PM
I've been booking my Dec 4 to Dec 11 trip this week....whoopie!!

twinmomplus2
01-08-2004, 09:38 PM
I must have missed this thread before!

We will be at BWV, December 4th through the 10th, followed by 2 nights AKL club level.

We have 2 studios 1 for Auntie and family. 1 for nana, (If you read my trip report you would know she doesn't want to share a room anymore, she needs her space.) And a 1 bedroom for myself and the children.

Zurgswife... I too have been booking day by day this week. Are you booking BWV?

Lexxiefern...Are we taking the same trip? I just noticed your trip counter.:wave:

tigger67
01-08-2004, 10:26 PM
I too have been making my reservation day-by-day for a stay at VWL Dec. 6-16. Man I can't wait to see that beautiful lodge all decorated for Christmas :bounce: .

DJGifford
01-09-2004, 06:00 AM
I did find out that I can't book til 1/11/04...oh well...I thought it was 12 months, not 11. So I will wait.

I really don't want to fly on the 24th...so we may revamp our days, but we do plan to go around that time.

My mom wants to go the weekend after Thanksgiving, but my ds always has a hockey tournament and we don't want to miss that.

dianeschlicht
01-09-2004, 06:05 AM
I booked for 12/1-12/6 on Monday and asked if there was a need to call day by day for a 2 bedroom at OKW for the rest of the trip, and MS said "no", but she put my end date of 12/10 in, and I will call Monday and finish the ressie. At OKW, we usually only have to call day by day for a GV and some other units if it is during something like F&W or holidays.

Peter Johnson
01-09-2004, 06:32 AM
We'll be there! Dec 4 - 15, OKW, 1BR.

VMS
01-09-2004, 08:41 AM
I've been making my reservations this week for Dec 5 - 10 for a studio at VWL. I have to get the final night on Monday. After seeing the Christmas special on the Travel Channel, I really got the urge to go, I've never been there to see the holiday decorations. I plan on taking my DD (she will be 8 then) out of school for the week. My DSs will be 14 and 11, and cannot afford to miss an entire week of school. None of the kids knows of the plans, I think one will be very happy and two will be not so happy!

zurgswife
01-09-2004, 08:50 AM
twinsmom....we are staying at the BWV for most of the trip we might switch to Dolphin for the last 2 nights so we don't borrow points from 2005

Diane...wish I didn't feel I have to book day by day but I'm looking at a 2bdrm standard view which only makes up about 25% of the standard rooms for BWV....so, if I want the cheap rooms I need to call day by day...

Can't wait to lots of you...and for those that haven't scene the Christmas decorations...you are in for a treat.....

dianeschlicht
01-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Zurgswife, I think in your case, day by day would be necessary, but for us it isn't. I was kind of wishing we had a BWV room for the F&W in October, but we have 12 people that trip, and a GV at OKW even had to be booked day by day at the 11 month point. Can't wait to start planning the December meets!

sanddune
01-09-2004, 10:12 AM
We hope to be at Disney World for Christmas! Dec 19th -Dec 30th.In what ever room or place we get!!( We owen at BCV,BWV,VWL &VB);)
PS. We will be at VWL Dec 19th -Dec 26th. Dec.26th -Jan.3rd at BWV.:bounce: :bounce:

Boardwalk4us
01-09-2004, 10:42 AM
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Just got done booking for 12 of us going Dec. 1 - Dec. 8. This trip is for our sister-in-law as she had a series of small strokes last year which then ended with a big stroke that paralyzed her left side. She has since gone through rehabilitation and regained most use of left side. Then she learns she must has brain surgery to get oxygen to right side of brain or she could have a fatal stroke at any time. Before the surgery I ask when she recovers what she would most like to do? She said bring her grown children to Disney World as they couldn't afford it when they were young. We promised if she got through this we would all go to Disney World. Christmas is her favorite time of year so everything is working out great. Now we can fullfill this promise and she has something to look forward to and is so excited.

Hooray for DVC!!! Would not have ever thought about this if we were not DVC members.

Booked all rooms at Boardwalk and got what we wanted. Called day by day. Had to stretch points so got all standard views.
3 studios and 1-2 bedroom. MS was great each day.

dairyou
01-09-2004, 02:16 PM
I just made our first reservation as DVC owners at SSR!

We will be joining you guys 12/1 to 12/6. Hoping to add 2 more nights once we switch to OKW at 7 month window. Hope there will be openings!

I can't wait! It is so far away!

Deb

nanajoyx2
01-09-2004, 03:55 PM
I called this morning and booked our reservations for Dec. 1-9 in a studio at VWL.

poohstx
01-09-2004, 04:17 PM
Called this morning for Dec 5-10th BWV Studio Preferred Boardwalk View. We will probably add on Dec 3-5th at Pop Century as we continue our pursuit of staying at ALL Disney resorts! DH has meeting at convention center, but I can't let that get in the way of my fun. lol

P.S. Yes, I will be calling back on Monday for the 10th to be completely honest.

CarolMN
01-13-2004, 02:49 PM
We'll be at the BWV from 11/28 - 12/4. Would love to meet fellow DIS/DVCrs. Hope one of the meets is scheduled while we're there!

dianeschlicht
01-13-2004, 04:16 PM
I am going to plan on compiling the list of who will be there when and then post some meet ideas. It is a long way off yet, so I wont feel I have to do this before I leave for OKW tomorrow!;)

zurgswife
01-13-2004, 04:55 PM
there goes Diane trying to get out of her duties....:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Have a great time.....

kathleena
01-13-2004, 05:00 PM
Oh, I can't remember if I posted confirmation that I got the room booked.

Or maybe that's celebration. :Pinkbounc

Anyway, Dec 1st - Dec 8th at BWV, 2br standard. First time in the standard view section.

Would love to meet up with fellow DVC DISers. I will have another DVCer travelling with me.

Nick@ VB+OKW
01-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by kathleena
Would love to meet up with fellow DVC DISers. I will have another DVCer travelling with me.

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/042.gifhttp://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/042.gif.........................http://mindscraps.com/s/contrib/owen/council.gif

Paula H
01-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Made ressies yesterday (Monday) for a one-bedroom at VWL for Dec. 5-11. Can't wait to see the holiday decorations, take the kids to MVMCP (it'll be my first time, too!) and celebrate DS's 3rd b.day. This one's a surprise - hoping the kids don't find out until they wake up strapped in the car somewhere in (hopefully) NJ!

zurgswife
01-13-2004, 06:00 PM
Anyway, Dec 1st - Dec 8th at BWV, 2br standard. First time in the standard view section.

Kathleena....we are 2bdrm standard veiw pros....I have always loved my locations...but then again I don't mind looking at the small pond or front entrance...and the long walks down the hallway I see it as a shorter walk to MGM...:D :D

bluecdr
01-13-2004, 06:14 PM
Started booking today for our stay from 12 Dec to 17 Dec at BCV.
MS recommended that I phone each day to get 2BR so I guess it must be popular. Just back from NYE at BCV. Had a great time.

iluvdisney
01-13-2004, 08:25 PM
I just made a ressie for dh and myself for Dec 2 -10 at OKW - it's "A Wonderful Time of the Year" to be at WDW!

dianeschlicht
01-13-2004, 09:57 PM
I'll bet Doc and Caskbill will have some great ideas for our December meets! I'll be seeing them on Friday at Gurgling Suitcase.

Tagrel
01-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Made BCV studio reservations yesterday for Dec. 9 - 13th! :) Loved MouseFest this last December, and HAVE to go back! ;)

lenshanem
01-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Just decided yesterday to nix the Christmas plans. Hubby agreed he didn't think he coudl handle the crowds. Gets too stressed out. I think it was the right decision since in early February 2005 we'll be there anyway for our 10th wedding anniversary. First trip without both kids! :eek:
I'm sure, though coem next Decmber I'll be quite jealous of you fellow DVCers at the parks.

pklein09
01-15-2004, 05:58 AM
We're headed to BWV with 6 of us! I can't wait to see the place at Christmas Time. We're going via Amtrak from Trenton, NJ - the kids liked the trip this past November so we're doing it again.

Figment&Piglet
01-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Just made ressies earlier this week for 11/28-12/3!

Question: Since that's the Sunday after Thanksgiving, running right into the first days of December, does anyone know if 1) it's not crowded (have been in early to mid-Dec. before when crowds were low, but not this early, and 2) if MVMCP and Candlelight Processional, etc., start that then?

kathleena
01-15-2004, 07:43 PM
tee-hee

Nick - well, I hope it's not that crowded in my villa! haha Well, maybe if everyone is there for a party........

and Zurgswife

I have read some of your posts about staying in the standard view rooms - it's had some effect on my decisions - although part of the reason what we are going standard this time is because they are getting the OKW villa in March and then we get this one to even out the points. We share trips and keep a running balance of who owes who what points. The boys play golf. The girls just play. The boys say they just want a good room to keep the clubs.......

I'm just hoping we won't end up on a lower floor right next to where all the cars drive up.......maybe a little too standard for me.;)

Connears
01-17-2004, 09:50 AM
We got back from our New Year's trip and are planning to return for the 3rd year in a row! OKW 12/27-1/1/05.
Connears

Here'sTigger2U
01-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Our first trip to DisneyWorld since March, 2002 (We hit Disneyland in 2003) also marks our first Christmas trip ever. We will be at BWV in a 2BDRM Boardwalk view from Dec 12th-18th and have lots of family coming who we have put in studio apartments (we've rented 5 studios so far , but who's counting?:p ). Thursday the 16th is our DD's 5th birthday and she talks about it all the time!!! Quick question to the veteran December Disney goers...It's supposedly an "off" time to go in December (except Christmas/New Year week, of course)... How are the crowds for that week? We will have lots of children with us (3 of them ours) and want to know how to prep for it.

Thanks!!
Bob.

Maistre Gracey
01-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Okay, plans are starting to come together...
We will be there on a mini-trip either December 17-20, or 18-21.
Is there a late December shindig forming up? :p

MG

twinmomplus2
01-17-2004, 09:19 PM
We have been at every season time etc... And by far the first 2 weeks in December is our new fave time. we did it in 03, are going back in 04, and hopefully 05 as well. We have found the lines to be great second week of December we walked onto almost every attraction. It made for a very relaxing vacation with the kids.

PS.. For your daughters birthday, The specialty cruises do a great birthday cruise. Cake balloons, streamers, all your paper goods and a cooler full of sodas and waters. It was a great way to celebrate a little ones birthday. We sang Happy Birthday just as the fireworks started to go off over the castle. The video is great and we had the best time!

ScottOKW2K
01-17-2004, 10:11 PM
Probably OKW for December 19th - 24th. This would make three trips totaling 4 weeks on the AP's we just bought on 12/27. Amazing how addictive a small rectangular piece of paper can be !

Baileymouse
01-17-2004, 10:12 PM
We're thinking of OKW for Dec. 19-25.

FriendsOfEeyore
01-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Ok, we have decided on 12/12 - 12/19 in a BCV 1-BR.

On Friday, I booked the first 4 nights, and will book the remaining 3 on Tuesday.

So, if there is a meet going on the third week, we are in.. dw, ds (will be 33 months), and myself.

Edward

DisZip
01-18-2004, 08:49 AM
BCV 2BR Lockoff.

Dec 4 - Dec 10

Can't wait!

dianeschlicht
01-24-2004, 10:27 AM
I am going to be tallying who is going to be at WDW/DVC and when, so any suggestions on what kind of meet folks want would be greatly appreciated.

dianeschlicht
01-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Well, I came up with 37 who will be there between 12/1 and 12/10. Most will be there on the 5th and only a couple will be leaving before the 5th. For that reason, I think those who want to meet that first part should plan on the 5th or 6th.

There were 16 who were going to be there the last week, so I will leave that meet up to someone else.

Any suggestions for where to meet and what to do?

zulaya
01-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Diane--

PM'd you again. I much prefer December 6 - my son's b-day is the 5th and I have half of my party leaving the 6th so it's easier for me to get away for a meet.

Here are my suggestions for locations:
Solarium at BCV - probably can get 37 of us in there if we all happen to be there at the same time. But it's centrally located, out of Epcot, and people can get to the Boardwalk or the parks before and/or after.

If we want to do an in-park thing, I think we would want to find somewhere we could all fit without have to make a mass PS.

aero99
01-24-2004, 11:25 AM
How about the illuminations dessert party? I always wanted to attend one of those!

Melissa

dianeschlicht
01-24-2004, 11:32 AM
It's a good idea, Melissa, and I will certainly check out the cost, but several requested a low cost or no cost event, and I supose park admission might be a problem for some. We will certainly keep it as an option, but collecting money for things like this involves a lot more than just a simple meet at a DVC resort.

All of the DVC resorts have community rooms and/or lobby areas that would be appropriate for a meet . I will be checking with DVC to see if they have other suggestions as well.

zulaya
01-24-2004, 11:36 AM
I know SSR isn't open yet, but they will be in December. Might be a good way to check the new resort out at the holidays.

Anyone have a time preference for this to happen?

dianeschlicht
01-24-2004, 11:47 AM
If I can figure out how to post a poll, I'll try to get something started for decision making here.

kathleena
01-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Do the number of pages depend on how many posts you view per page or am I really missing the update post?

dianeschlicht
01-24-2004, 01:05 PM
The update was page 8, and mostly said that 37 had expressed interest in Dec. 1-10.

kathleena
01-24-2004, 01:24 PM
Oh, I see it - but FYI - it's page 12 for me. There must be a view option for view # of posts per page.

zurgswife
03-27-2004, 06:18 PM
I've been bored lately so I compiled the Dec list....

DVCers
If I missed your name let me know..

Bmwdsny 11/24 to 12/8 bcv/dcl/ssr

Kingj 11/26 to 12/5
yasuren 11/26 to 112/3

Raysplus1 11/27 to 12/4 BWV
golfnut1264 11/27 to 12/4 BWV

Carolmn 11/28 to 12/4 BWV
Figment & Piglet 11/28 to 12/3
fmed845 11/28 to 12/4 SSR
OKW91 11/28 to 12/4
Newarknut 11/28 to 12/5
Mikayala's mom 11/28 to 12/10 BWV

bartty 11/29 to 12/4 SSR
nanajoyx2 11/29 to 12/5

hezzie 11/30 to 12/8 BWV

Dianeschlict 12/1 10 12/10
WebmasterDoc 12/1 to 12/5
Kathleena 12/1 to 12/8 BWV
Mom2cobysyd 12/1 to 12/7 POP
Boardwalk4us 12/1 to 12/8 BWV
Dairyou 12/1 to 12/6 OKW
Nanajoyx2 12/1 to 12/9 VWL
Kathleena 12/1 to 12/8 BWV
Boardwalk4me 12/1 to 12/8
arminnie 12/1 to 12/15 SSR
Doug7856 12/1 to 12/5 SSR
Stimpy 12/1 to 12/8 BCV
daddiojiggy 12/1 to 12/10 SSR

Lexxiefern 12/2 to 12/10 BCV
Iluvdisney 12/2 to 12/10 OKW
nursetink 12/2 to 12/10
kristielee 12/2 to 12/5 BWV
Slimplaw 12/2 to 12/6 OKW

Zulaya 12/3 to 12/11 BCV
Bcvpriness 12/3
Wilderness01 12/3 to 12/9 VWL
tx_disney_fan 12/3 to 12/10 SSR
Beca 12/3 to 12/10 VWL/BWV
drclaws 12/3 to 12/11 BWV
fxciii 12/3 to 12/8 SSR
helenabear 12/3 to 12/10

Zurgswife 12/4 to 12/12 BWV/Dolphin
DebbieB 12/4 to 12/10 BWV
Knwviking 12/4 to 12/11 VWL
Twinmomplus2 12/4 to 12/12
Diszip 12/4 to 12/10 BCV
Peter johnson 12/4 to 12/15 OKW
russct 12/4 to 12/10 SSR
BostonDisneyKid 12/4 to 12/12 OKW
dhesterpa 12/4 to 12/10 VWL
momsully 12/4 to 12/8 VWL
Mattsmom 12/4 to 12/12

DrTomorrow 12/5 to 12/10 SSR
Aero99 12/5 to 12/10 SSR
Lsuitigger2 12/5 to 12/10
Pirateparrot 12/5 to 12/10 SSR VWL
VMS 12/5 to 12/10 VWL
Pklein09 12/5 to 12/10 BWV
PaulaH 12/5 to 12/11 VWL
Poohstx 12/5 to 12/10 BWV
Stormtigger 12/5 to 12/11 BCV/OKW
TeresaNJ 12/5 to 12/10 BCV
Frozenfingers 12/5 to 12/10 BCV
danny1649 12/5 to 12/12 OKW
sumessefui 12/5 to 12/12 OKW
t2simon 12/5 to 12/11 SSR
Dvc-John 12/5 to 12/17 VWL/OKW
bunnymkc 12/5 to 12/10 BWV
Disneyaholic 12/5 to 12/10 OKW
bjakmom 12/5 to 12/8 BWV
Caskbill 12/5 to 12/17 VWL/OKW
simba's girl 12/5 to 12/11 SSR
ceejay13 12/5 to 12/16 BWV/BCV
lulu71 12/5 to 12/11 BWV

Tigger67 12/6 to 12/16 VWL

WDW4life 12/7 to 12/11
garylpn 12/7 to 12/14 BCV
luvmy2prncss 12/7
manckids 12/7 to 12/14 BCV

Maryellen 12/8 to 12/17 BWV
CarolA 12/8 to 12/13 OKW but maybe BCV

Erikthewise 12/ 9 to 12/14 VWL
Tagrel 12/9 to 12/13 BCV
TDC Nala 12/9 to 12/13 CBR/SSR
bugeye 12/9

Snowwitch 12/11 to 12/18 BWV
tink92 12/11 to 12/18 BWV
tcwitt 12/11 to 12/17 BWV
Sartello 12/11 to 12/15 VWL

Lesley 12/12 to 12/17
Bluecdr 12/12 to 12/17 BCV
Tjkraz 12/12 to 12/17 SSR
Gail & joe 12/12 to 12/23 VWL
Nisiemouse 12/15 to 12/19
Tnkgrl 12/12 to 12/16 BCV
Friendsof Eeyore 12/12 to 12/19 BCV
Here’sTigger2u 12/12 to 12/18 BWV
panfan 12/12 to 12/17 BCV

Paul in CT 12/14 to 12/20 BWV

Liferbabe 12/16 to 12/24 BCV

MaistieGracey 12/17 to 12/20
jacksmom 12/17

bobbiwoz 12/18 to 12/23 SSR/BWV

Belle3 12/19 to 12/24 OKW/SSR
DJGifford 12/19 to 12/24 BWV
Sanddune 12/19 to 12/30
ScottOKW2k 12/19 to 12/24 OKW
Baileymouse 12/19 to 12/25 OKW
rsschneck 12/19 to 12/24 SSR
emmaluvspooh 12/19 BCV

Wdwstar 12/23 to 1/2 WLV/BCV

ksp 12/24 to 1/2 SSR/BCV

Jecca 12/25 to 12/30 BWV
Deemarch 12/25 to 1/1 SSR
Rlrvy29 12/25 to 1/2 BCV
DeeMarch 12/25 to 1/1

Nick@VB+OKW 12/26 to 12/31 OKW
Luvindisneyworld 12/26 to 1/1
KathyR 12/26 to 1/5
profdsny 12/26 (estimate)
mazz519 12/26 to 1/2 OKW
Imadsnylover 12/26 to 1/2

Dyingtodisney 12/27 to 1/1

maria395712 12/28 to 12/7 BWV
RuthnPaul 12/28 to 1/3

nanajoyx2 12/29 to 1/5 VWL

lacool 12/30 to 1/4 BWV
Miffy2003 12/30 to 1/1 SSR

The December official list ALL DISers (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&%20postid=5246448#post5246448)

twinmomplus2new
03-27-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the list, thats alot of work!

kingj
03-27-2004, 06:52 PM
We will be at WDW from 11/26 - 12/5. We will be staying at the VWL from 11/28 - 12/5. We still haven't decided where we are going to stay from 11/26 - 11/27.

John

CarolA
03-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Right now it looks like OKW from Dec 8 to 13. I am going to waitlist for BCV, but....

zurgswife
03-27-2004, 07:00 PM
YIPPEEE Carol is coming Carol is coming.....I'll put ya down..

Ksp
03-27-2004, 09:52 PM
We'll be at SSR 12/24-12/27, then switching to BCV 12/27-1/2/05.
Anyone planning a meet for those of us coming in late December?

fmed845
03-27-2004, 10:12 PM
We'll be at SSR 11-28 to 12-04 Can't wait!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

garylpn
03-27-2004, 10:21 PM
bcv 12/7/04-12/14/04
love the holiday theming, nobody does christmas like disney
pirate:

tx_disney_fan
03-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Folks,

I am one of the multitude of people that have read many threads in here and learned TONS about traveling to WDW. This is my first post because I wanted to thank all of the DVCers for the info on DVC.

I don't know all of the cute fonts and symbols you all do but this trip in Dec. 2004 will be our second as a family (I went as a kid.) We went 09/2003 at AS-Sp. Looking forward to CSR. Bought our tickets today to beat the price hike as well. Maybe NEXT time we go in ~2006 we can be DVC members.

Well thanks again and I hope we can attend whatever DisMeet you finally end up scheduling.

Frozenfingers
03-27-2004, 11:29 PM
DW and I will be at BCV Dec 5-10. Will be watching the thread, a get together sounds like fun!

TeresaNJ
03-28-2004, 12:28 AM
DH and I will be at BCV Dec 5-10 also. We'd love to attend a DISmeet.:D

tink92
03-28-2004, 08:41 AM
We have ressies at VWL 12/11 - 12/18 but hope to change to BWV at the 5 month window!!!:) We are travelling with a 17 year old DS and his best friend. I would love to stay at VWL during this time but...teens need a little more action:hyper: Can't get here soon enough for me!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

danny1649
03-28-2004, 08:54 AM
12/5/04 Through 12/12/04, last year I and DW hosted a DIS meet at OKW during this time frame.We got to meet many wonderful Diser's and fellow DVC owners.

zurgswife
03-28-2004, 08:57 AM
Danny...don't know how you were dropped from my list...I know at somepoint I had you on there.....

KathyR
03-28-2004, 10:18 AM
We have ressies at VWL 12/11 - 12/18 but hope to change to BWV at the 5 month window!!!

tink92-
I am not sure if this was a typo or not, but make sure you try to make the switch at the *7* month window instead of the 5 month window as that is when you can make reservations at your nonhome resorts. You will stand a much better chance :)

nursetink
03-28-2004, 10:25 AM
SSR for us Dec. 2-10th. This is our first trip during the Christmas season. I can't wait for MVMCP and all the decorations! DD is also excited about celebrating her 5th birthday at Disney. And to top it all off the grandparents are going for their 1st trip with grandchildren. It is sure to be an adventure for our family!

TDC Nala
03-28-2004, 02:50 PM
dec. 9-13. Probably at CBR for the weekend, then SSR. Will be totally busy with Mouse Fest.

profdsny
03-28-2004, 02:55 PM
Booked for end of month, then a cruise for NYE.

dianeschlicht
03-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the list, Zurgswife! I have been pretty busy packing for our big move into the lodge in 60 days, so I haven't been around here much.

zurgswife
03-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Hey diane...got and more photos of your new digs....last I saw you were painting....I'd love to see with the finishes....

Good luck with the move...

kathleena
03-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the list Zurgswife! I am on there twice, BTW.

And how did you get that neat ribbon in your sig? I wear a gray ribbon so would like to try one on the board, but not sure if it would even show up. My board background is gray.

Boardwalk4me
03-28-2004, 05:11 PM
We are booked at BWV for Dec. 1 thru Dec. 8. We willhave a grand gathering of 12 people. Hope to attend a DIS meet.
Nancy

tink92
03-28-2004, 05:42 PM
KathyR...

OOPS!!! I meant *7* month window:eek: :eek: 5 month window could be CLOSED!!!:crazy: Thanks:earsboy:

zurgswife
04-03-2004, 07:08 AM
THE DECEMBER LIST DVCers (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=5186194#post5186194)

Grand Total DVCers in December 76!!

ALL DISers GOING IN DECEMBER LIST (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=5186231#post5186231)

zulaya
04-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Zurgswife, thanks for the list!

I went ahead and played with your list a bit...I sorted by resort so DVCers could easily see who is at their resort. It's nice to see how it breaks up and that there are so many other DISers at your resort.

If you want me to post it I can, but I didn't want it to be too many lists on one thread.

zurgswife
04-03-2004, 09:11 AM
Is it somewhere where we can just a another link to my post....

can you email it to me and I'll try to add it...I think the other breakdowns would be great to have...

sumessefui
04-03-2004, 11:53 AM
We will be at OKW December 5-12.

t2simon
04-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Planning for Dec. 5-11 (or 12) for our first trip home. Just can't decide if I should book SSR (my home resort) or OKW (where I've always wanted to stay). Probably will do SSR, though. it'll be myself, DH and DS 5.

Hope to do the MVMCP too! And, hopefully, the Osborne Lights will be back this year!

rsschneck
04-03-2004, 02:59 PM
I did not see us on the list, so I will update our travel plans.

Originally - OKW/Studio/ Dec. 18th through 24th

Confirmed plans - SSR/ 1 Bedroom/ Dec. 19th through 24th

Can't wait! First time @ WDW during Christmas and first time at our new home SSR. I just could not wait until next year to check out the new resort!:teeth:

zulaya
04-03-2004, 04:04 PM
zurgswife...I am checking in here from another computer. I haven't posted my list. I can either post it separate and we can post a link here or I can e-mail it to you later today when I get home...couple hours.

As you know there are a few people who only posted dates and not resorts. If they identify where they are staying once my list is up, I/we can update that as well when new info comes in.

zulaya
04-03-2004, 07:03 PM
I posted a new list, compiled a different way. here's the link

<a href="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=541596">Dec. DVCers by Resort and Arrival Date</a>

arminnie
04-04-2004, 06:35 AM
I'm going to be there Dec. 1-15 at SSR. Boy will I be ready for this. Between now and then I am:

Working for Bush/Cheney 2004 (24/7)
Attending GOP Convention (tentative)
Co-chairing my high school reunion
Co-chairing a fund raiser with widow of 9/11 hero
Getting my house ready for a visit from 5 friends

dvc_john
04-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Don't know how I missed this thread.

VWL Dec 5-10
OKW Dec 12-17
(Caskbill & dw will be joining me.)

nanajoyx2
04-27-2004, 12:40 PM
My dates have changed. We are now going to be at VWL from Nov.29-Dec.5. My daughter and her 4 sons wanted to come with us but we couldn't get a room of any size for our original dates. So we changed. Our stay will be shorter but we will still have time to do most everything. We will probably miss the Dis meet though.

dianeschlicht
04-27-2004, 01:09 PM
Who wants to help with the plans? PM me!

lacool
04-27-2004, 02:57 PM
I thought I had already replied to this, but now I can't find it. Maybe I was replying to the June thread and confused myself.

We'll be at BWV from 12/30 - 1/4/05

bartty
04-27-2004, 03:03 PM
We'll be at SSR nov 29- dec 4!!!!! :cool:

Maria395712
04-27-2004, 03:12 PM
will be at BWV studio bw view Dec 28 - JAN 7 , HRH @ US/IA Dec 25-28
maria

bunnymkc
04-27-2004, 04:51 PM
staying in a 2 bdrm at BWV..4 ADULTS 2 CHILDREN..THE best time of the year to go..this will be our 4th time at DW for the year 04..love my DVC..MARIANNE :thewave:

russct
04-28-2004, 08:37 AM
Staying in a two bedroom Dec 4-10 at SSR. Planned it so we check out on Friday 12-10 to save points for a Friday night stay.

My first trip as DVC member will be July 4th weekend, 7-3 to 7-6. Staying at SSR on Satruday night 7/3 and BWV on 7/4 and 7/5. Can't wait.

Still happy with my pruchase, but a little disappointed in how much points are to stay at other non DVC properties within WDW.

Mazz519
04-28-2004, 10:56 AM
We will be there 12/26 to 1/2 at old key west in a studio. I was just informed by DW that we might have a wedding that weekend I told her I hope she has a good time Ha,Ha

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Doug7856
04-28-2004, 11:21 AM
We will be at SSR Dec 1-5. Can't wait for our first trip home!

::MickeyMo

Disneyaholic
04-28-2004, 11:45 AM
DH and I will be at OKW December 5 - 10.

I will be celebrating one of those "biggie" birthdays on December 8! :eek:

mattsdad
04-28-2004, 04:15 PM
that is a great time to go. We will probably be up there sometime the week of Dec 12 and catch the Very Merry Christmas Party. Best of all--No lines that time of year. Last year we went in December and there was no one--I mean no one, in front of me at space mountain. Just walked in and got in the roller coaster car. unbelievable!

bjakmom
04-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Somehow I got on Zulaya's BWV list, but not on Zurgswife's DVC list - coming down with just my sister and our little nephew (leaving our own big kids behind:( ) for our first MVMCP and CP !!! Very short trip, but I'd love to squeeze in a quick DIS meet if I can!

BWV 12/5 - 12/8 (following USF/IOA 12/3-12/5)

Many thanks to you both (Zulaya and Zurgswife) for keeping up the lists!!:smooth: (Oh, and dianeschlicht, too!)

zurgswife
05-22-2004, 01:26 PM
THE DECEMBER LIST DVCers (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=5186194#post5186194)

Grand Total DVCers in December 90!!

The LIST of ALL DISers Going in DECEMBER (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=5246448#post5246448)

wdwstar
05-22-2004, 01:30 PM
OMG! That is wonderful ! With SSR selling so great im sure there will be a few more to the list..::yes::

momsully
05-22-2004, 01:37 PM
We will be at VWL December 4 - 8th for a quick trip. We are excited to go to MVMCP for the first time!

dianeschlicht
05-22-2004, 01:46 PM
THanks for updating the count, Zurgswife! As we get a bit closer, I think we should break this down into at least two meets...One for the first part of the month, and one for the end. We might even need 3 to cover everyone in the middle. I will gladly handle the plans for the first half (before 12/10), but we should come up with some firm dates for them. I was thinking the 6th would pick up the most from the first part of Dec. I would also like to see us do this at the food court at SSR, since many of us will be interested in seeing the new resort.

Who wants to plan things for the middle and or end of December?

zurgswife
05-22-2004, 01:52 PM
Great idea Diane....I think visiting SSR would be a great idea.....

arminnie
05-22-2004, 02:52 PM
6th at SSR works for me. (that's where I'm staying). I'm looking forward to meeting you. Tricia

zulaya
05-22-2004, 03:30 PM
6th at SSR should be fine! Would love to check the place out. As a matter of fact, DH and I were looking over Doc's pics and posts and decided we needed to take time to go over there and check things out in December anyway.

dianeschlicht
05-22-2004, 03:53 PM
Yes, I thought it looked much nicer than the previous pictures of the models indicated.

Maistre Gracey
05-22-2004, 04:34 PM
I don't have time at the moment to read the 375 pages of this thread, so maybe someone can tell me if there is a 'late December' gathering.

We will be at VWL 12/17 - 12/20. We purchased our MVMCP tickets for the 17th.... Anyone else??? :cool:

MG

CapeCodFam
05-22-2004, 07:12 PM
We have 1 BR Boardwalk view at BWV 12/11-12/18! This is our first trip home and our first dec trip. Can't wait for MVMCP + seeing all of the santas in Epcot!

zurgswife
05-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Maistre Gracey
I don't have time at the moment to read the 375 pages of this thread, so maybe someone can tell me if there is a 'late December' gathering.

We will be at VWL 12/17 - 12/20. We purchased our MVMCP tickets for the 17th.... Anyone else??? :cool:

MG

I only have 13 pages...where do you get 375pages????

But to answer your question...to date no one has volunteered to organize a late december gathering.

ceejay13
05-22-2004, 09:25 PM
We have ressies at the BWV for Dec. 5-10 and at the BCV from the 10-16th.

Maistre Gracey
05-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by zurgswife
I only have 13 pages...where do you get 375pages????

But to answer your question...to date no one has volunteered to organize a late december gathering.
Just a tad of friendly exaggeration... ;)

I am not sure what is involved in putting together a fun DIS/DVC gathering, but if there is enough interest, I am sure we can put something together. :D

MG

zurgswife
05-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Sorry....I'm soo tired I thought you were serious....my brain is just tired or I might have picked up on it...:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

RuthnPaul
05-22-2004, 10:05 PM
We'll be at BWV from December 28 - January 3. Looking forward to seeing WDW at the holidays...

RuthnPaul

:teeth: :goodvibes :teeth: :goodvibes :teeth: :goodvibes :teeth: :goodvibes

IMADSNYLOVR
05-23-2004, 10:17 AM
We'll be at SSR 12-26 thru 1-2 ! First trip home!

Deemarch
05-23-2004, 11:01 AM
A llllooooonnnnggg time ago. But we are with on the "very late" December group. We will be at SSR 12/25 - 1/1, our first time as DVC members...Sight unseen! We never even went on a tour!
DH & I would love to meet our fellow DISers that will be there with us.

Denise::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

funseekears
05-23-2004, 11:12 AM
We are taking the 10 day cruise then 4days at Disney.

BostonDisneyKid
05-23-2004, 01:15 PM
We will be staying at OKW Dec 4-12 for our first DVC Home Visit. We have been to Disney (as non dvc'ers) a couple of times before during the holiday season and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and the spirit that carries over from the trip to get us in the Christmas spirit. Plus, being a northerner, it is a great way to see snow without having to tune up the snow blower or gearing up to shovel...

Beca
05-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Zurgswife and Dianeschlidt (sp?)

Could you please add us to the list:

Dec 3-5 VWL
Dec 5-10 BWV

I would love to help, but am a little unsure as to "how things work", as this is our first trip home. But, I will assist you in any way I can!!

Thanks so much!!! And, look forward to meeting everyone!!!

:wave:

Beca

yasuern
05-23-2004, 05:32 PM
Another Family going Nov 26 - Dec 3 2004!

Can't wait this is our 4th trip home at this time of year - WE LOVE IT!

Sue:D

drclaws
05-23-2004, 06:20 PM
We'll be at BWV from December 3rd to the 11th!

drclaws & DVCKathy

fxciii
05-23-2004, 06:53 PM
Dec 3 -8 SSR Can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!

bunnymkc
05-24-2004, 07:53 AM
After our trip in Aug to VB & SSR & POP our family will be going for the "Christmas annual trip" to BWV!! Hope to see some Diser's..Marianne :wave2: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc PS it will our 4th trip this year..just got my free airline tix from SW!!

Geezer
05-24-2004, 08:05 AM
We will be there the first week of December also. A meet on the 6th would be fun. I want to see SSR too.

dianeschlicht
05-24-2004, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Geezer
We will be there the first week of December also. A meet on the 6th would be fun. I want to see SSR too.
Hey, Geezer! Come and join us! I feel like I need to thank you for defending me awhile back on a thread. I can't remember which one now, I just remember how you stepped in.

Geezer
05-24-2004, 08:12 AM
I remember it. I don't usually post. I lurk a lot. I just don't like to see it when folks get unreasonable.

luvmy2prncss
05-24-2004, 08:28 AM
10 Days at SSR in DEC can't wait!!!

Ksp
05-24-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by RuthnPaul
We'll be at BWV from December 28 - January 3. Looking forward to seeing WDW at the holidays...

RuthnPaul

:teeth: :goodvibes :teeth: :goodvibes :teeth: :goodvibes :teeth: :goodvibes

We'll be at SSR/BCV 12/24 - 1/2. Anybody else going to be down there then?

Simba's Girl
05-25-2004, 08:16 AM
We'll be at either SSR or BWV(waitlist) Dec 5-11!!! See ya there!

kristielee
05-25-2004, 02:33 PM
BthereorBsquare!!! We'll be at BWV 12/2-12/5 for a quick weekend meeting. Can't wait to see all you fellow DISer's

jacksmom
05-25-2004, 03:27 PM
Me, dh and ds(7) will be at VWL Dec. 12th-17th! This will be our first trip during the holidays! We are soooo excited!!! :bounce: Just can't decide on which MVMCP? Any suggestions?:bounce:

Bugeye
05-25-2004, 09:51 PM
BWV for us. Somewhere around the 9th (DW birthday).

mikayla'sMom
05-26-2004, 09:20 PM
We will be at the BWV's Nov. 28th through December 10th. This unfortunately will be our last trip this time of year for a long time. My daughter will be starting Kind. This will be our second trip this time of year and it is my favorite time to go! Then again, there is never a time I wouldn't go to WDW:p :p .

See you all there!:wave2:

EmmaLuvsPooh
05-26-2004, 09:34 PM
We're going too! Myself, Dh, DD, MIL/FIL, SIL and my niece all staying in 2BR at BCV Dec 12-19th. My first trip since 1990 and first time staying on site. Can't wait.

manckids
05-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Put us down for 12/7 - 12/14 at BCV!!! We can not wait! DS first visit and DD second. They still have a lot to see!!

helenabear
05-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Add me to this list as well!! Just booked my stay at OKW for Dec 3-10!! :bounce:

hezzie
05-27-2004, 08:18 PM
Our first holiday trip Nov 30 - Dec 8 and our first BWV stay. We can't wait!

dhesterpa
05-28-2004, 08:57 AM
We,ll be there Dec. 4th thru the 10th. Staying at the VWL if everthing works out.
Dec. 4th Hoping for an AP rate somewhere.
Dec. 5th Wait listed Vwl 2-bedroom.
Dec. 6th-10th Vwl 2-bedroom.

zurgswife
06-05-2004, 06:29 AM
UPDATED 6/5/04

Grand Total DVCers in December 110!

ALL DISERS GOING IN DECEMBER (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=542261)

bobbiwoz
06-05-2004, 07:09 AM
I'll be at SSR and then BWV from 12/18 to the 23! I'm on the BWV Christmastree list, but must have missed this post.

Bobbi:D

dianeschlicht
06-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the update, Zurgswife! I will be using that when I co-ordinate the early December meet. As a reminder, it will probably be December 6th at SSR food court.

zurgswife
06-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Sounds great Diane...

momsully
06-05-2004, 07:50 AM
I didn't see us listed. We will be at VWL 12/4 to 12/8. Thanks!

zulaya
06-05-2004, 08:46 AM
Can't wait for December 6th at SSR! Diane, has a time been set for that yet?

ceejay13
06-05-2004, 10:36 AM
We'll be at BWV from Dec. 5-10 and at the BCV from Dec. 10-16. I am in charge of the BCV tree.

golfnut1264
06-05-2004, 11:36 AM
nov 27 dec 4 at the bwv

slimplaw
06-05-2004, 11:44 AM
I have a studio booked at OKW for Dec. 2-6. My sister will be joining me.

Stimpy
06-05-2004, 11:47 AM
We'll be there 12/1-12/8 BCV 2BR

can't wait for our first official trip home! :Pinkbounc

nanajoyx2
06-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Our dates have changed. We will be at VWL Nov. 29-Dec. 5. Our DD and her 4 sons are now joining us and we could not get reservations for all of us for our original dates of Dec. 1-9. We ended up with 2 studios for the 7 of us. What do you think our chances are to be upgraded to a 2 bedroom? Slim to impossible I'm sure!

lulu71
06-05-2004, 08:55 PM
We'll be at BWV Dec. 5 -11! Can't wait!

daddiojiggy
06-05-2004, 10:51 PM
we wanted to be at disney for christmas and decorations.we'll be there from dec 1-10!i hope all decorations will be up by the time we get there or shortly after!we've got a 2 br and a studio for ma & pa inlaw!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :hyper:

Peter Johnson
06-07-2004, 03:21 PM
We will be there Dec. 4 - 16 at OKW.

tcwitt
06-07-2004, 04:00 PM
BWV from Dec 11-17. We can't wait. How can we find out about any meets later in the month?

Thanks,
Christine
DVC since 1998

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Miffy2003
06-07-2004, 04:34 PM
2 nights at Saratoga Springs in a 2 br...Dec 30th & 31st. What a way to spend New Year's Eve. I am so excited!!!

(We are also staying in ASMo for 2 weeks and 1 week in Sarasota prior to this...)

sartello
06-15-2004, 10:10 AM
We'll be visiting 12/11-12/15 at Villas at Wilderness Lodge. This will be our first trip at Christmas time and I'm really excited. I just hope the crowds aren't too bad!

Shelly

panfan
06-15-2004, 11:42 AM
We will be there too!!

BCV one -bedroom from 12/12 to 12/17. DH and I with our DS's ages 3 and 8. If anyone else has little guys and would like to arrange a meet by the pool......
that is if it is warm enough! LOL!!
Enjoy

dianeschlicht
06-17-2004, 08:01 AM
Since I have agreed to arrange the first part of Dec. meet, I think we should start planning a more firm date and time. I got a PM from Caskbill today suggesting just following the member update on Wednesday the 8th. We could then have it at the SSR food court area. I think that is a great idea, because we could have our meet after the update, and enjoy our "dinner" at the food court. Not sure what is available there, but maybe some who have already been can advise us. I'll post as a seperate thread as well.

Bmwdsny
06-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Hello everyone, :wave2:

I will be on WDW vacation from 11/24 - 12/8.

From 11/24 - 11/28 BCV
From 11/28 - 12/2 4 night Wonder Cruise
From 12/2 - 12/8 SSR

Going to MVMCP on the 7th.

Hope to meet some of you!!! I will be wearing my DIsboard pin!!

Ksp
06-22-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Bmwdsny
Hello everyone, :wave2:

I will be on WDW vacation from 11/24 - 12/8.

From 11/24 - 11/28 BCV
From 11/28 - 12/2 4 night Wonder Cruise
From 12/2 - 12/8 SSR
snip!

You have a great vacation planned!! I'm jealous....have a great time ::yes::

Ksp
06-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Has anyone made plans for those of us in WDW in the last part of December?
Maybe we could meet after one of the member updates??
Who's willing to gather?

tcwitt
06-22-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ksp
Has anyone made plans for those of us in WDW in the last part of December?
Maybe we could meet after one of the member updates??
Who's willing to gather?

We'll be there Dec. 10-17. I would love to meet up with some fellow DIS'ers. Let me know of any plans please!:hyper:

Thanks,
Christine
DVC at BWV 1998

Paul in CT
06-22-2004, 09:12 PM
My DW and I will be at BWV from 12/14 to 12/20! :jumping1:

LIFERBABE
06-24-2004, 03:24 PM
That darn Samantha Brown!!!

Just couldnt get that Christmas Special out of my mind!

Add us to the list!

LIFERBABE and Sons
12/16/04-12/24/04
BCV

MVMCP
12/17/04

Our first time going in December!

Mattsmom
06-24-2004, 03:27 PM
We'll be there 12/4-12/12!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

zurgswife
06-26-2004, 02:37 PM
UPDATED 6/25/04

Grand Total DVCers in December 127!

ALL DISERS GOING IN DECEMBER (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=542261)

bobbiwoz
06-26-2004, 04:01 PM
Thank you for doing all that organizing and posting!

Bobbi:boat:

debloco
06-28-2004, 01:52 AM
We'll be at the VWL Dec. 17th-Dec. 24. Anyone else going that late in December? This is our first time so close to the Christmas maddness, will all of the parks be nuts?

CLC Tiger Pom Mom:cheer2:

SStJean
08-05-2004, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by zurgswife
UPDATED 6/25/04

Grand Total DVCers in December 127!

Make that 128!

4-DEC to 13-DEC
SSR 2BR (Yahoo!)

gjw007
08-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Okay;

I am heading to Orlando (Disney) from December 18 to the 31st. First time that late in December Hopefully the weather will be nice. Are there any special Xmas day parades, etc. other than the one broadcast Xmas morning?

bz8bls
08-05-2004, 11:12 PM
Dec 24th thru Dec 31st 1 Bedroom OKW with DH and DGS (2 years old).

Scratch42
08-06-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by SStJean
Make that 128!

Now make that 130!

DD and I are going Dec. 26th until Jan 2nd!

BCV!

Maybe Under a Bridge for December 31st! if my waitlist does not come thru!LOL:crazy:

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

BTW, when I talked with MS yesterday, she said that OKW was the only resort with available space during my time!

garylpn
08-06-2004, 07:56 AM
make that 130 [B]make that 130[B]
1 bedroom, bcv, dec 7-14

ScottNBecky
08-06-2004, 08:20 AM
We are in for Dec. 18-23 (but at Pop Century since our DVC doesnt close until March 2005). But it will be our first time at WDW during the holidays so we are excited.

Cruelladeville
08-06-2004, 08:28 AM
We will be there Dec. 18-29 at VWL. Epcot and MGM are just wonderful at that time of year!

Towncrier
08-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Will be at Pop Century from December 4th through the 14th (since I don't have enough points left to stay at a DVC resort this year) and would love to meet up with fellow DVCers sometime during my stay.

G8RFAN
08-06-2004, 03:46 PM
BWV 12/12 - 12/16

The parks are not packed and the weather is perfect.