PDA

View Full Version : Need Lots of Help!

Minnesota
11-17-2003, 10:40 PM
I haven't been to USF since 1994 and obviously never to IOA. I have tried to find books on the parks and there just doesn't seem to be any. What can any of you tell me? Tips, Stories, Warnings, or anything else will be gladly accepted as I am in the dark.
Thanks
Minnesota

Prince Eric1
11-18-2003, 03:01 AM
First of all, take your time. I read a lot of threads about people wanting to do both parks in one day, etc. I think that even with FOTL, it takes 2-3 days to do the two parks and see everything. If you are staying onsite, use FOTL. Don't hurry. In IOA, even if you don't have kids with you do the cat in the hat ride and look at all the Suess attractions. They are really neat and bring out the kid in you. Don't miss the shows at Universal, especially the horror makeup show. It is hillarious. Use the lockers provided for the thrill rides. They will not let you leave items near the exit on rides like the Hulk, you must use the lockers provided. Noone told us that and we had to leave the line at the top to stow our bag. Most importantly, if you go to the ghostbuster show do not take Fly Flys spot or she will beat you with her yellow cushion.:)

Motherfletcher
11-18-2003, 07:49 AM
Stay on-site and your worries will be over with FOTL.

damo
11-18-2003, 08:30 AM
Read through as many posts as possible on this board and the Universal resorts board and you will be very prepared.

highlander447
11-18-2003, 10:03 AM
When u first arrive at the parks get the map and showtimes guide then spend 10-15 minutes planning your day also use your computer u will find loads of info on the parks/shows:jester:

Flyfly_Eclipse
11-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Prince Eric1
Most importantly, if you go to the ghostbuster show do not take Fly Flys spot or she will beat you with her yellow cushion.:)

LMAO!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's like Spidey's suggestion for my own reserved sign that reads, "Take my spot and die!" :)

Minnesota
11-18-2003, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the info. To let you know we will be in USF/IOA for 2.5 days and we are staying off property at the Hojo a mile or so away. (We figured we were broke enough since these 2.5 days are following 4 on Disney Cruise Line, 3 in WDW and 1 in Sea World.) Granted I got good ticket costs through my union but I do have spring semester to pay for.

Do you know any good sites or books to read? A google list is a bit overwhelming.

Thanks again!
Minnesota