PDA

View Full Version : How to dress for dinner

jsaem
11-16-2003, 11:12 AM
19 days and counting!!!

Family of 4, kids 12 and 9, will be eating for the first time at Coral Reef and Yachtsman Steak House for dinner. Plan on going directly from parks and will be dressed accordingly. Will this be okay or should we cut our day short and stop at our resort to change. If we do need to change, what would be appropriate.

Also, we have a 7:30 am PS for Boatwrights. We are staying at AKL. Are the buses running at that time? If not, any suggestions on how to get there that early? pirate:

DebbieB
11-16-2003, 12:11 PM
We ate at Yachtsmans Steakhouse last month. The rule is no tank tops, no beach wear. I wore a pair of cotton shorts and a jersey top (it was in the high 80's). Most people were dressed up a little - polo shirts, nicer shorts, nothing real fancy. Coral Reef you can wear park clothes, you don't need to get dressed up.

Don't know what to tell you on Boatwrights, maybe go to whatever park is early open and get the POR bus from there.

Looks like our countdowns are close - here's hoping for great weather!!!! :D

eeyore0062
11-16-2003, 12:18 PM
Boatwrights is park casual... basically, as long as you have on shirt, shoes and shorts, you will be served. I see no reason to cut short your day.... if someone in your party has on a tank top, take a tshirt with you in a backpack so they can change before going to the Yachtsman, and you will be fine!

CarolMN
11-16-2003, 07:07 PM
7:30 a.m. is too early to count on Disney transportation getting you there. In most cases, resort to resort transportation requires a transfer at one of the parks or DD Disney.

If you have a car, you can easily drive. If not, I'd plan on a cab. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes or so and I'd estimate the cost at $12 -$15, including tip.

If you do want to rely on Disney transportation, stop at the Guest Services Desk at your resort after you check in. They may have some ideas for you, be able to arrange for a character breakfast bus to stop at the POR, or maybe even offer to have one of the valets take you. Failing that, I'd recommend that you take the first bus that it as your transfer point. (The MK is a long way away from the AKL). Be sure to tell the driver what you are trying to do as not all resort buses will necessarily go to the "pick up" stop after dropping off early morning guests at a park. The driver can call dispatch and make sure there will be a bus to take you to the POR. Good luck!

Enjoy your trip!

eeyore0062
11-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Official word is that if you are trying to get to a PS from your resort to another resort, allot AT LEAST one hour. You will have to first go to one of the parks or DTD and transfer to another bus going to your resort of choice. Many of the busses also serve more than one resort (ie: Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Contemporary, Beach and Yacht Club, Boardwalk and Swan and Dolphin, and the 3 AS resorts) depending on time of day.

ducklite
11-17-2003, 05:58 AM
For that morning reservation I wouldn't mess around with Disney transit, I'd take a cab.

Anne

Uncleromulus
11-17-2003, 06:08 AM
No need to change clothes for either restaurant, unless you really want to. As noted-no tank tops or "beach" wear.

LAH
11-20-2003, 12:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

I will be eating at Ca Grill for the first time the night we arrive in Disney. Can someone tell me the dress code.

THANKS!!!!!

LAH

Uncleromulus
11-21-2003, 06:18 AM
They call it "resort casual" or "business casual" or "smart casual" (depending on which person at WDW-Dine you speak with) but what it really means is no tank tops for men and no bathing suits.
Most anything else is acceptable.
While many do dress "u'" a bit for the CG, many don't. We've always gone in "theme park casual" (shorts, Disney T's) and it's never ever been a problem.