PDA

View Full Version : How long to get the recipes from Boma

Mady/Sophiemom
11-16-2003, 07:27 AM
We have been back for 5 weeks, and still haven't gotten an e-mail from Boma.

I requested the carrot-ginger soup recipe, and the recipe for the dish with lamb, and beef. (I can't remember what it is called.)

piratesmate
11-16-2003, 08:49 AM
I forgot to make my requests while still at AKL, but emailed Peggy Gentry in their culinary department after coming home. Each time I contacted her, I received a response very quickly - days, not weeks. Here is her email address:
Peggy.Gentry@disney.com

The most comprehensive Disney recipe site I've found is Margie J's (http://www.homestead.com/disneyrecipes/index4.html). Margie J is a poster here. You might check through her AKL listings to see if she has the lamb/beef dish you are talking about.

I sent you a PM with the Ginger Carrot Soup recipe.

katypop
11-16-2003, 11:53 AM
i think they must have lost your request:( my request for a salmon recipe was here at home before i was back from my last trip:D
katypop

goin2disneyagain
11-16-2003, 01:13 PM
It took a long time to get my recipe that I requested when I was there in May. I don't remember exactly how long but it was well over a month, seems like it was closer to 2 months.

Margie J
11-16-2003, 01:32 PM
The meat dish you describe sounds like Bobotie. It has ground meat, raisins, spicies, nuts and topped with an egg mixture. I have the recipes for both the beef and lamb one and a cornedbeef version.

I can post them tomorrow since the recipes are on my work computer.

Actually, here is the beef and lamb version (I'll post the other one later):
_
MEAT BOBOTIE

Boma
Animal Kingdom Lodge

YIELD: 10 servings

Ingredients:
2 pounds Ground Lamb, Beef or a mixture of both
1/2 pounds onion, large dice
1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
1/16 loaf white bread
1/16 gallon cream
1/16 pound sugar (add more as needed)
1/4 ounce cinnamon (adjust as needed)
1/8 pound almond or pumpkin seeds, sliced
1/16 pound seedless raisins
1/16 pound golden raisins
1/8 ounce curry powder (adjust as needed)

Topping

1/16 gallon Easy Eggs
1/16 gallon heavy cream/milk

Method:
Heat oil and caramelize the onions. Reduce heat and add dry spices. Mix well. Deglaze with rice wine vinegar. Add meat and continue to cook until meat is cooked through.
When the meat is done, drain 90% of the grease off. Then tear the bread into small pieces and add it as well as the cream to the meat mixture.
Add the sugar and mix well. Add a little bit of water if the mix looks too dry. Then add the raisins and almonds. Re-season and cool.
In a small container, place the bobotie mixture and top with the egg custard mix. Bake in the oven at 325 F until golden brown and cooked through.

Mady/Sophiemom
11-16-2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks so much. I was hoping to make the Bobotie, for my mom next weekend.:D :D :D

She won't like the carrot soup, but I can't wait.

BlkBearSuz
11-17-2003, 08:22 AM
I requested the recipe for the zebra domes and I got a letter in the mail one week later. It was really cool. I was expecting an email, but I got a very nice letter and the recipe on the AKL stationary with the logo. I'm saving the letter and recipe for my scrapbook too.:hyper:

Ted and Holly
11-17-2003, 08:59 AM
When we requested a recipe for the Tamarind BBQ Sauce from Boma, we provided our email address. It was there literally the next morning. We recently requested the recipe to something else. I don't even remember if it was Boma. Anyway, the form did not have a space for email address. It has been over a month and we are still waiting.

I think it is hit or miss.

A side note, the recipe for the tamarind BBQ sauce is pretty involved. I think they do that on purpose. :)

EDIT: It is definitely not the same recipe as posted on Marge's site. Although, it could yield similar results.

Ted

Beth E. (NJ)
11-17-2003, 11:35 AM
Hi Mady/Sophiemom. I have a Sophie too!

I just posted the Carrot Ginger soup recipe on the recipe board.

Check it out here. :D (http://198.64.133.85/showthread.php?s=&threadid=467481)