PDA

View Full Version : Cidar in England

brownsoup
11-13-2003, 04:04 PM
OMG....I had a "Woodpecker" draft cidar in the United Kingdom in Epcot.....so good! I only drink cidar now (not much of a drinker anyhow). Has anyone else feel in love with something as result of thier trip to Disney World?

I went so far as having my local (Maryland - USA) liquor store order Woodpecker cidar.

Every time I drink a Woodpecker - it takes me back.....Illuminations, vacation, no worries....ahhhh! -Steve

WebmasterPenny
11-13-2003, 04:54 PM
I love Woodpecker - it's a nice sweet cider and I have a sweet tooth! Fortunately though I only have to go to my local grocer store to get my supply - a 2 minute drive ;)

Things I like which I only get in the States so always associate with my trips is Hershey Honey & Almond Nuggets, Bacardi Silver & Krispy Kremes :)

DVC~OKW~96
11-13-2003, 07:32 PM
Bass Ale. Not that I can only get it at the Rose and Crown, but that is the only place I'll drink it. It was what I drank at my very first visit and just says celebration to me! :D

afsi3838
11-13-2003, 10:27 PM
yummy! that sounds good:p where in london can i get us a cup or two or three.....

coli
11-14-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by afsi3838
yummy! that sounds good:p where in london can i get us a cup or two or three.....

Pints darlin', cider comes in pints - or halves. It is not like the apple cider you can pickup at the farmers market. It comes in sweet (like Woodpecker) or drier (Strongbow or Scrumpy Jack) -yum Scrumpy is my favorite! - You get get cider in practically any pub in the UK... the pub usually has at least one cider on tap.

Enjoy :tongue:

disney queen
11-14-2003, 12:43 PM
is this alcoholic or non-alcoholic? thanks! and where in UK/world showcase did you find this? thanks again:wave: :duck:

disney queen
11-14-2003, 06:02 PM
okay. i found on deb's site that the cider is available at the fish and chips. now. and no laughing allowed--it says "hard" beside it. that means alcoholic. right? okay. everyone can stop laughing now.:wave: :duck:

jpmom97
11-14-2003, 07:25 PM
Yes hard cider is alcoholic. It is so yummy!! I fell in love with this drink about 5 years ago after watching a show on the food channel. There is one sweeter then Woodpecker but I can't remember the name. Thanks for letting us know the UK has it. I am not much of a drinker but I will get one when I am in Epcot.

Louise-Montreal
11-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Can anyone tell mewhat it tastes like? Is it like a sweet wine?
Not much of a drinker and I like things sweet. Should I try it??

Thanks for the info,
Louise::MinnieMo

3PRINCESSMOM
11-14-2003, 09:51 PM
However, a pint of cidar with all the Epcot/UK atmosphere...aaahhhh....I can't wait! 4 weeks from right now!

It tastes like sweet apple juice. And yes, this type of cidar is HARD. It will hit you harder than a beer or even ale.

afsi3838
11-15-2003, 03:08 AM
yes yes, must remember to ask for pints! got it. can you get it in the take out side of Rose&crown?

disney queen
11-15-2003, 08:55 AM
that is where i saw the ciders listed--on the take out menu.:tongue:

brownsoup
11-15-2003, 12:20 PM
Ahhhh....the Cidar of Epcot.

As I recall - it was $5 a pint and I got mine at the fish and chips take out which is on the water side of UK near the bridge that takes you to BCV, YC, and Boardwalk. Enjoy! - Steve