PDA

View Full Version : yachtsman steakhouse Kid friendly ?

Harley-Mouse
11-12-2003, 11:44 PM
I love this place But don't know if they like young kids eating there. My nephew is 2 and my son is 3 both behave like your average kid :confused:

madcoco
11-13-2003, 01:20 AM
Yes. we ate there for our anniversary in Oct. We noticed a number of small children there. Imho it was not "stuffy" at all. The food was good. DW and DD thought it was better than Shulas. I thought my steak at Shula's was better. YSH has a nice little dessert sampler if you still have room left. Couldn't have asked for a nicer anniversary meal. Hope you have a wonderful time with your family. pirate:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/pc5a75e3b8858971cf833e75df2d01115/fa929a9b.jpg

Uncleromulus
11-13-2003, 06:20 AM
We've had dinner there 4 times now, and always plenty of kids.

SnowWhiteIsDreaming
11-13-2003, 08:24 AM
Last month we took my DD(7) and DS(4). The wait staff was extremely kid-friendly. They gave the kids crayons and a placemat to color and play games on (ie. word searches - my DD loves those!). My kids were pretty tired that night, but they weren't loud - just tired. During the meal, we looked over at my DS and he was asleep in his chair. We quickly finished and asked for the check. The place isn't a loud place so I wouldn't let my kids stay if they started acting up 'cause there are a lot of couples eating there for a nice night out. There definately were a lot of families with little ones - all acting very well behaved, which was nice to see :D

Go and enjoy the food - it was wonderful! The kids especially loved walking around Stormalong Bay before dinner. They want to stay at the YC/BC next time we go to Disney.

MHopkins2
11-13-2003, 08:36 AM
I'm a bit afraid to ask what "behave like average kids" means. ;)

Seriously, though, if your kids get cranky if you expect them to sit still too long (and at 2 and 3, they're probably entitled to that reaction), I think you probably just shouldn't put them in that position in the first place. If it's just going to make all of you crabby, what's the point? Particularly since the YS isn't cheap! So it isn't that the YS doesn't like kids, but more like a lot of kids (through no fault of their own) wouldn't like the YS, or any other restaurant where it takes a while to eat and the atmosphere is relatively

You mentioned both a nephew and a son - any chance two sets of parents are going on this trip? How about one really nice kid-free night out for each couple? Or, if it's in your budget, the onsite babysitting place?

Snurk71
11-13-2003, 09:32 PM
We ate there last Dec with 2.25 yo DD. We had a great server that accomodated our request for a speedy dinner. From sit down to get up (paying bill and all) - 45 minutes. Some might like to relax and spend an hour and a half to two hours savoring the meal. But we knew we had about a 45 minute window before DD would start to get antsy.