PDA

View Full Version : DD restaurants near Cirque De Soliel

essmom
11-12-2003, 07:52 AM
Just checking to find out a good restaurant for after the 6 pm show in March . We would like PS since it will be a busy time. I have heard of House of Blues and Planet Hollywood. We won't have a car.

Mike Jones
11-12-2003, 08:01 AM
..all the DTD restaurants are within walking distance of Cirque... not sure if they all take PS's though..... we enjoyed the Rainforest Cafe (against a lot of reviews) and some friends said Fulton's Crab House was great.

Mike:teeth:

Eeyore1954
11-12-2003, 10:57 AM
I believe House of Blues now takes PS, which you would definitely need AFTER the 6 p.m. Cirque show. Unless you are one of the first ones out the door, it's tough getting out. Restaurants fill up fast after this show, so a PS is recommended.

Near Cirque is HOB, Bongos, Wolfgang Pucks -- all are good with the last two being just a little adventurous.

Portobello Yacht Club, Planet Hollywood, and Fulton's are on the other side of Pleasure Island and something of a walk. All these take PS, too.

I highly recommend HOB or PYC -- both are wonderful.

blanq
11-12-2003, 04:03 PM
The hike from one end of DTD (Marketplace) to the other (West Side) is a big one! There are lots of great restaurants at DTD, but if you want to be able to get to a restaurant fairly quickly after Cirque, I would suggest choosing a restaurant on the West Side. Eyeore1954, has provided you with the list. I would highly recommend Wolfgang Puck's Cafe. The atmosphere is fun, and the menu is huge (the dessert sampler is to die for!). Keep in mind that most people exiting from Cirque will have dinner plans, just like you, so you could wait quite awhile for a table, even with PS. When we attended Cirque in May, we had a late breakfast that day, and then an early dinner (4:30) at Wolfgang Puck's, before the 6:00 show. It worked great!

essmom
11-12-2003, 04:07 PM
That sounds like a better idea. we could go early and then head back to the pool after the show. Thanks

RUSHBURY
11-16-2003, 05:53 PM
We always eat before the show now as the queues tend to be very long after exiting the shows.

Helen:Pinkbounc