PDA

View Full Version : animal kingdom meal deal vouchers

diznynut
11-11-2003, 04:51 PM
We are going to WDW in December and were wondering if they still offered this at the Animal Kingdom. If they do, does anyone know the price? The last time we were at WDW I believe the childs price was 5.99 and adult price 10.99. Thanks in advance for any help.

Susiesnowflake
11-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Just returned home. Yes, they still have them. Sorry, but I don't know the price. Didn't purchase any but noticed the sign at Flame Tree Barbeque and Tusker House. I'm sure someone will be able to help you with the price.

daisax
11-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Those prices sound about right, though they could be a dollar more for each (my brother in law treated!)

We ate at Tusker house a couple of weeks ago -- some of us got the grilled chicken (great green beans), some the fried chicken sandwich sandwich with fries. The soft drinks were ENORMOUS (with no lids). We ended up pouring some of them in empty water bottles to take them along afterwards.

We ate very early (about when they opened at 11 or 11:30). It was nice to be able to buy a water and then have a nice ice cream cone later in the day without debating whether to spend the money or not.

On a hot day it was especially nice to stroll back to the exit with the ice cream. Made the trek a bit easier!

GOOFY D
11-12-2003, 02:00 PM
What is the AK meal deal voucher?

diznynut
11-12-2003, 05:01 PM
Thanks for your speedy reply and confirmation that this prodram still exist.
Goofy D- In reply to your question. The animal kingdom meal deal voucher is good for an entree and drink at one of three places I believe. But what makes this a great deal is that you also get a coupon for an ice cream bar or popcorn and a coupon for a bottled water or 20 oz. soft drink. You must use the coupons on the same day you purchase the meal deal. I'm not sure what resturaunts are part of the plan, but last year it was flame tree bbq, tusker house, and the pizza place.

Yzma and Kronk
11-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Yes, prices are right, we were just there in October.
Also, don't be afraid to order the kids meal if you don't eat that much as it is no problem.
At Pizzafarie (sp?) we got a soft drink, small cheese pizza (which was enough to split) and bag of lay's potato chips. Coupon for ice cream (you can get Mickey bars) or popcorn, and coupon for 20oz bottled drink (you can have water, soda or poweraid)
One of the best deal's around! :)

disneyfan551
11-13-2003, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know what the child's meal deal is for at FlameTree BBQ?? Depending on the food, this may be good for my dd and myself! ;)

LisaRay
11-15-2003, 08:38 PM
Question about the kids vouchers. For example at the tusker house if my 10 yr. old DD gets the kids voucher does she then have to order off the kids menu? The only 2 things on the kids menu are peanut butter & jelly or mac & cheese. I think she would rather have the chicken sandwich but didn't know if that is allowed??

Muffy
11-16-2003, 03:43 AM
You do have to order off the kids menu if buy a kids voucher.

alohamom
11-16-2003, 07:16 AM
I'm a newbie so I need to ask: Are these vouchers for the park or the resort? If they are for the park, do the other parks have this program in place? If so, where can I find out more? Where do I buy them? Are they for resort guests only? (we are going to be at the Disney Downtown Hilton) Thanks in advance!

Harambe
11-16-2003, 07:24 AM
alohamom - this is a program that WDW is testing. You can only get these vouchers at Animal Kingdom. The restaurants sell them. Anyone can buy them. (These are NOT the vouchers others talk about that they get with there vacation packages.)

Not sure if this is just one more way to get people to go and stay in AK - or if they'll expand this program to the other parks.

shelleyz
11-16-2003, 10:39 AM
They have this at Restaurantosaurus too. We were there on 10/24. I want to say the kids was 5.99 and the adults was 11.99. With the kids meal deal you have to get the nugget meal. That is what we were told. It was kinda a pain the way we ordered them then ordered our food. We ended up with an extra adult nugget meal that we paid for cause it was confusing the way the lady did it. Oh well. Was a good deal though with the free drink and ice cream for later.

Simba's Mom
11-16-2003, 12:30 PM
Here's a little tip: We took our free water at the same time as our meal (so that means we got 2 beverages with our meal). Later, there was a sudden big downpour, causing everyone, including us, to frantically run out of the park. We never did use our coupon for the free ice cream because of the weather. And we threw it away. However, we had gotten the free water, since we took it at the same time as our meal. Even without the ice cream, we figure we broke out even.

MinnieGi
11-16-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by disneyfan551
Does anyone know what the child's meal deal is for at FlameTree BBQ?? Depending on the food, this may be good for my dd and myself! ;)

My DD had the mini hot dogs from Flame Tree that came with a drink and chips. I believe the other kids meal is peanut butter and jelly.

We really like these meal deals. We always enjoy our ice cream treat after lunch has digested and we get our waters on our way out and take them back to the resort with us and usually use them the next day at whatever park we are going to.