PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon for Lunch??

oogieboogie
11-11-2003, 12:59 PM
Hearing so many good reviews about this place, I went and made PS. However since I already had so any dinner ressies, I made my PS for lunch.

Now after reading more boards and posts about how it's supposed to be better during dinner, I'm worried. Should I be?

Have any of you had experience for lunch? Do they still do the same silliness as dinner? Or should I just cancel my PS and go another time. I don't want to cancel my dinner PSs, because its for Fantasmic, Thanksgiving Dinner, CP, Ohana, and Boma - 5 nights are all I have.

I really need some input. Thanks guys.

DIS rules!

WiscMomof2
11-11-2003, 01:24 PM
We've eaten here for lunch 2 years a row and liked it very much. Never have done dinner so I don't know how crazy it gets in comparison, but we definitely had some antics going on. Their skillet is a good deal at lunch. You get almost the same exact items as you do for dinner, but it's a lot less expensive at lunch. They also had a good sandwich selection.

slimplaw
11-11-2003, 09:41 PM
I've had lunch there before. The walnut chicken salad was wonderful and my sister had a very good barbecue sandwich. Both servings were very large.

jmommy
11-12-2003, 08:05 AM
We had lunch at WCC on Oct. 19. We were dissappointed. But I think it was really just our waitperson--she was not too great--didn't do the ketchup trick or anything. When we had our 8 year old ask for ketchup (expecting the antics that we had read about) all our waitperson did was hand her a bottle of ketchup. They did have the pony races but that was about it. We were there at 12:30 pm and the resturant was pretty busy. If you want lots of action, you might consider doing dinner.

pennyplanner
11-12-2003, 10:42 PM
We enjoyed our lunch there last November. It was just the right amount of hi-jinks for us. The table next to ours was great entertainment. I made it clear to our waiter we were the observing type and so he only teased us a little. He also mentioned that they usually do the ketchup tricking at breakfast.

We ate after 1 p.m. and thought it was a lively, tasty lunch time treat!

--penny

8caliace
11-13-2003, 11:41 AM
We had a lunch at WCC last month on our trip. It was definitely a big thumbs up from our group. Food was great. Big hits were the Bottomless milkshakes and the pulled pork sandwich. Best part of the meal was the Banana Dustbowl for dessert. We had a low-key waiter, but the kids got involved in some of the other activities. We will absolutely go back again.

jerseydizdreamer
11-13-2003, 12:10 PM
... but if you're concerned, could you possibly do the CP for lunch and Whispering Canyon for dinner? I do think the dinner crowd tends to be a bit more rowdy, if that's what you're looking for (although I've eaten there for all three meals, and had fun at each of them. I even landed in the pokey for trying to steal ketchup in a vain attempt to get the tasty condiment without arousing any attention!). I love my pic of me behind bars!

Richard