PDA

View Full Version : Mac & Cheese Recipe at Jiko - Anyone Have it or Know How to Get it?

7beasley
11-10-2003, 11:43 AM
Went to Disney at the end of Sept. Dined in Jiko one night. I had the filet with the mac & cheese. It was the greatest mac & cheese I have ever had. In my Disney excitement, I forgot to ask for the recipe.

Now I am home and dreaming of Disney and wishing I could go back there today ---- and I remembered that I wanted the recipe.

DOES ANYONE HAVE IT???

If not - DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN GET IT / FIND IT?

Thanks
Nicole

disney queen
11-10-2003, 12:09 PM
http://wdwig.com/rec_mac.htm here you are!! and it is yum!!!:tongue:

7beasley
11-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Thank you so much -- you are the best!!

I can't wait to try making it.

Thanks again!!

Nette
11-10-2003, 04:11 PM
The question is: How much is 1/8 of a bag of the cheese?????????:confused:

BCV23
11-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Or an 1/8 pound of flour?

I made it tonight and used about 1/2 cup of flour and 2 cups of cheese.

Did not attempt the red wine sauce...certainly not the same without it.:D My son and I enjoyed it anyway and DD thought it was OK. Have to find a better quality cheese mix next time...not enough zip.

7beasley, thanks for asking and thanks for the link, disney queen.

Nette
11-11-2003, 09:49 AM
Well, presumably you could FIGURE OUT what 1/8 lb of flour is by either weighing the flour or using some sort of conversion chart. But how big is that bag of cheese? 1 oz? 100 oz? :)

Too bad they are so vague, cuz this is one we really were interested in. Maybe we'll try it with your measurements BCV23

BCV23
11-11-2003, 10:14 AM
Well if you have a scale, I would certainly measure rather than follow my guess!:o I don't have a kitchen scale. Didn't have a conversion chart for flour...oz/cup either!