PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi was horrible!!

FreshTressa
11-10-2003, 03:07 AM
We ate at the Sci-Fi in MGM and were horribly disappointed. DH and I are both into that sort of thing, so I was looking forward to it. The atmosphere was so-so, kind of neat, but not incredible or anything.

And the food was TERRIBLE. I couldn't even eat my turkey sandwich. The menu was very limited and was mostly overpriced sandwiches.

And for the price (bill for 2 adults and two kids came to over $50),
I would much rather have eaten counter service.

Anyway, we won't be going back!

webray
11-10-2003, 06:22 AM
Sorry to hear you didn't like it.

Sci Fi has been a family favorite of our since the kids were little...now all in their 20's...they still ask to go to Sci Fi.

We have always loved the food..and we find the atomosphere to be spectacular. Especially since there really aren't drive in theaters any more. What a treat!

WhispyPixie
11-10-2003, 07:34 AM
I am sooooooo sorry:( that your experience was not a good one. We always go to the Sci-Fi and it is always fantastic! Even though the kids have the looping movie memorized now, they love it and the food is great! Hubby and I usually split a meal and the kids get the traditional fare with milk shakes! It holds fond memories for our family!!

stacy6552
11-10-2003, 07:53 AM
We love the Sci-Fi too.

Or at least I did until the ketchup lept off the table and assulted my white t-shirt!

corvair
11-10-2003, 08:13 AM
My 2 DD,s would tell you if they only could pick one place to eat... it would be the sci-fi.... they love it... everyone has there own opinion....sorry you did not enjoy it...

Took
11-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Although Sci-Fi has its supporters, this is one of the restaurants that consistently gets complaints, usually regarding food quality. My DH and I have had experiences both ways at Sci-Fi: good food/bad food; good service/lame service but we both love the movie clips!

Took

FreshTressa
11-10-2003, 01:51 PM
Okay, reading more about it, I guess our mistake was in not ordering the ribs or the burgers. I guess those things were good.

We had lousy service too.

And I did like the atmosphere a lot, it was just colored by the overall bad experience...

Paying $50 so I could eat fries. The kids did like it though.

Kallison
11-10-2003, 04:41 PM
[i]
Paying $50 so I could eat fries. The kids did like it though. [/B]

That is part of the "fun" of Disney - lol! I always say "$75 for burgers, chicken nuggets and fries, time spent with your family at Disney...priceless"! For some reason DH never laughs.

Rxchalk
11-10-2003, 07:13 PM
We just ate at the Sci Fi in October and it was by far the worst place we ate during our 7 days. We had a PS for 5pm and did not even get in till almost 7pm. The service was really slow. And to top it all off, the food was terrible. I had the ribs and they were not good at all. The fries were just ordinary Orieda fries you get at your local grocery store. We will not be eating at the Sci Fi again.

DebbieB
11-10-2003, 07:32 PM
We had burgers and fries about a year ago there and they were not good. We had the same comment about the fries - they tasted like they came from a frozen bag.

bugbugmom
11-10-2003, 10:17 PM
We were at Sci-fi in Sept 2003. I have to agree that the food was not good. However, we enjoyed the looping films and sitting in the cars. But for the price..we probably won't return:scratchin

LadyAurora
11-11-2003, 10:51 AM
When we went, we didn't have complaints about the service or food, but I really think they need to lengthen the loop of clips. By the time you finish your meal, you've seen the same things over and over. Or maybe the service WAS really slow?!
I don't count it at one of my favorites...I try to avoid it, actually.

lillady718
11-11-2003, 11:06 AM
Amen, FreshTressa!!!

We ate there for our first night, this past week, (Nov. 5)

It was sooooooooo disgusting.....I had the Pork Medallions and mashed potatoes.... LUMPY LUMPY LUMPY potatoes, tough meat

There were 2 adults and 1 child, and almost 50 dollars

They 50ish dollars we spent at Liberty Tree Tavern, for a CHARACTER supper, all you can eat family style was SOOOOOO worth the money, very tasty.

I would never eat at sci-fi again

Tonyspad
11-11-2003, 12:09 PM
We love Sci-Fi!!! The Coca Cola ribs are great.

4greatboys
11-11-2003, 02:00 PM
We ate there on our Sept 2002 trip and I didnt like the food--And I only ordered a burger and fries. It was one of the worst meals we have ever had at WDW. On the other hand we really liked Tony's which also gets a lot of mixed reviews.

jerseydizdreamer
11-11-2003, 03:42 PM
... I think Sci Fi may be one of the most divisive dining experiences on Disney property (although I'm about to post a question regarding that very topic, inspired by this thread!). People either seem to go crazy for it or BE driven crazy BY it. Personally, I'm probably one of those rare people who is sort of 50/50. I had an OK meal there... not great, not awful. The shakes were fantastic, the burger mediocre and the fries a big disappointment. The atmosphere itself is pretty fun, but whoever said they should extend the loop was definitely right. What surprised me was how slow the service was. We walked in, party of 2 adults, were seated immediately... there were only about 10 other "cars" with people in them, and yet everything took FOREVER.

Richard