PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for pre-Breathless Dinner?

Artuero
11-08-2003, 04:18 PM
My family (me, wife, daughter (5 y.o.) and son (4 y.o.) reserved the Breatheless for a Sunday night (2/1). We will probably be at MGM before that. It leaves from the Yacht Club dock, but I don't want to eat at the Yacht Club Steakhouse that night.

I'd appreciate recommendations on some family dining (preferably table service, but if there is a really good and convenient counter service around, let me know). It's early in our trip so the fun factor for the kids outweighs the meal quality to some degree (i.e., I'd go to Chef Mickeys instead of the California Grill at this point in the trip).

Anyway I would love to hear people's ideas (and, if you have a guess, what time we would have to make a PS for to comfortably make the cruise). Thanks.

Art

DVC~OKW~96
11-08-2003, 07:52 PM
Beaches and Cream would be perfect, but there is no PS there. Cape May is nice in the evening if your family likes clams, mussels, and shrimp which are the main lures of this buffet.

Fresh is now open for business at the Dolphin, and there is the buffeteria that would be easy to use, although not the greatest food.

Isn't the galley open?

Artuero
11-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Thanks-- I think the Galley is just open for breakfast and lunch? If not that is probably where we will go.

laurens mom
11-09-2003, 10:49 AM
For fun factor the Sci-Fi Diner and 50's Prime Time Cafe at Disney Studios can't be beat. For great food, I recommend the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk. I would steer clear of Cape May. I tried it again last month and the seafood was so rubbery and oversteamed it was almost inedible. Have fun on the Breathless.

blanq
11-10-2003, 08:47 AM
You will be at the Studios, so I would suggest '50's Prime Time if you are looking for something with a "fun factor". Beaches and Cream, as someone has already suggested, is good; however since they don't take PS you may end up waiting a long time to get a table. Fresh has been suggested too, but my understanding is that this restaurant is only open for breakfast/lunch (closing around 2:30, I believe) at this point. There are fantastic restaurants (Flying Fish, Shula's Palio, Spoodles) around the Boardwalk loop, but many may not "wow" your kids with their atmosphere.