PDA

View Full Version : $180 from Disney Visa for Dining!

Connears
11-08-2003, 02:00 PM
Have $80 in paper rewards certificate and just recieved brand new Debit card from my rewards with $100 to spend . That's a couple of meals or a great souvenir! Can't wait until 12/28..of course I will use the Disney Visa while there to add up for next trip! Lot's of fun!
Connears

disney queen
11-08-2003, 04:03 PM
how did you receive those? i have a disney visa. maybe i should be checking my rewards!!:tongue:

suzywindy
11-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Boy and I thought I was doing good. I have 60 on paper, 60 on my card and 40 more to download before I go Dec 4th = 160

Of course I charged my trip and now it is the only card we use when we charge.

Debi
11-08-2003, 08:39 PM
Those are awesome totals! Congratulations! :)

kerri0616
11-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Watcha talkin about? Can you share more info?

I, too, have a Disney Visa (charged the room to it a couple months ago). I would love to find out more about the "paper" or "rewards" you received.

We leave one month from today!!

Please share!

Kerri

suzywindy
11-09-2003, 12:57 PM
go to www.bankone.com/disney or call 800-436-7999 for more details.

When the Disney Visa card first came out you earn rebates of 1% of whatever you charge up to a certain amount (don't know the limit). You could redeem these rebates in 20 dollar increments and they would send you what I will call Disney Money - but not like you get at the Disney Store to give someone for a gift. These were called Reward Dollars. Then after about 1 month they changed the whole system and now issue you a gift card that you can download, still in $20 increments onto this gift card.

Therefore, I have the Reward Paper Dollars and now I have the gift card.

Good luck!

disney queen
11-09-2003, 02:08 PM
wow!! i checked mine last night and i am up to 83. gettin' there!!

SeaSpray
11-09-2003, 04:19 PM
Where can you use the gift card? I'm assuming the same places you'd be able to use Disney Dollars? We don't have a Disney Visa yet, but since we have a Disney cruise and WDW trip planned for next summer, I'm thinking some Disney Dollars would come in handy! :smooth:

ColetteN
11-09-2003, 05:04 PM
I just ordered my rewards card with 173 reward dollars on it :jumping1: - using it for our January trip. I figured I would have our December and January statement $$ to add before we actually leave.

Way to go everyone - seems we are all doing well with the rewards :cool1:

Colette

FreshTressa
11-10-2003, 02:09 AM
I always look at my reward dollars and think...."wow, that means I charged 16,000 dollars worth of stuff..."

Threehearts
11-10-2003, 10:46 AM
How much do you have to spend to get ONE point. In other words- $1=? points. I always use my AMEX card for points because they have a wide variety of redeeming options but everytime I get my points balance, I am horrified that it took so much to get so little. I should have saved more instead of being thrilled that I have all these points for my excessive spending. This self-flaming ought to keep me out of the stores for awhile(LOL). Threehearts

patsal
11-10-2003, 11:33 AM
You get one percent back. It takes a long time for them to add up. $1.00 for every $100 you spend. This works well for us because we charge everything and pay the balance in full at the end of the month, if you are carrying a balance this is not the card for you since the interest really outweighs the benefits. I found that it really scares me to know I have $300 waiting for my next trip, because we sure do spend a lot of money!

kbuck
11-10-2003, 12:43 PM
How long did it take to get your reward card once you have ordered it. I'm trying to figure when to order it so it will be here when we leave in Dec. On the website it says 2 to 3 weeks. Is that true?

Mimi Q
11-10-2003, 01:01 PM
I received mine in 7 days. I would go ahead and order it though, cause you can transfer reward dollars instantly on their website anytime after you receive the actual card. I love the new card as you don't have to wait on the paper certificates and you don't have to do $10 increments anymore- just a minimum of $10 per transfer.

Liv2CdWorld
11-10-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by FreshTressa
I always look at my reward dollars and think...."wow, that means I charged 16,000 dollars worth of stuff..."
:rotfl:
:laughing: I was JUST thinking this same thing when I cashed out for $280 for our trip in Dec. Keep in mind I've already cashed in $40 for our last trip in May. :crazy2:

Tinks
11-10-2003, 04:26 PM
Here's the only thing I DON'T like about the card. When you go online to the rewards page, it tells you when your reward points expire...mine in April 2008....fine, no problem....but if you put your points on the card, they expire MUCH faster. I put 100 dollars ("points") on the reward card and the card expires December 2004!...and no, you can't carry over unused reward dollars or transfer them to another card. What a rip....so be careful with how much you put on your card!!!!!