PDA

View Full Version : dinner, fireworks, and music piped in?

#1hockeymom
11-08-2003, 09:13 AM
Due to a conference I will be in the Tampa area next week. I am kidnapping my mother from Fla and taking her to Disney for the first time ever! Where can we have dinner where we can see wishes? I am dying to see the new fireworks show, but not sure I can convince my mother that we need to be in MK and use a ticket for that day. I would prefer an area where the music is piped in and I thought I had read that CG didn't have the music piped in for the new show, yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Debbie

#1hockeymom
11-09-2003, 10:40 AM
bump

Uncleromulus
11-10-2003, 05:09 AM
Could be that the "new" part of your fireworks question is preventing any response.
Suggest call the CG directly and they can probably tell you--
Just call Contemporary Resort for the # and a direct connection

sue1013
11-10-2003, 04:59 PM
Can't tell you for sure if CG has the music but O'hana's does so I would think CG should have it.

#1hockeymom
11-10-2003, 06:20 PM
Thank you Uncleromulus and Susie for responding! I am glad to hear that wishes is being piped in at O'hana!

Susie>> How was the show from there? Do you still feel the "magic"?

Thank you again!
Debbie

sue1013
11-11-2003, 04:54 PM
I can't really tell you if its better being in the park seeing Wishes, since I only saw it from O'Hana. We had a great view my whole group enjoyed it. We didn't tell my niece and nephew so they were just thrilled. Especially enjoyed not having to deal with the after fireworks crowd.

#1hockeymom
11-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Thank you for your quick response! I am packing as I type and going to be leaving for my conference in Tampa tomorrow morning. I will be in the world on Saturday!

Debbie

3for Me
11-12-2003, 05:20 PM
The music IS indeed piped in to the California Grill for WISHES. I highly recommend seeing in from "above" as I think you can "get more out of it" than you could from ground level. The timing seems to work better between the fireworks and music when you are higher up.

Saw it the last week of October and it was great!! The food at CG was suberb as usual. What a great way to spend an evening!!

YourMajesty
12-09-2003, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 3for Me
The music IS indeed piped in to the California Grill for WISHES. I highly recommend seeing in from "above" as I think you can "get more out of it" than you could from ground level. The timing seems to work better between the fireworks and music when you are higher up.

Saw it the last week of October and it was great!! The food at CG was suberb as usual. What a great way to spend an evening!!

If you have to go outside to see wishes while dining at CG they do not have the music piped to their observation deck. I saw it three times from the deck last week and each time the only music you could hear was coming from the MK. I never watched it from inside. We were staying at the CR but never ate dinner at the CG. It seemed like many people from the restaurant watched the fireworks on the deck. There are two decks and the view is better from the one that is closer to the MK. I'm sure a window view inside the CG would have been awsome. If you see wishes on a MVMCP night they have a neat panaramic twist at the end. We wanted to watch from the Ploy or the GF beach one night but it's hard to do it all!!!

kandmwedding
12-09-2003, 11:25 AM
#1hockeymom

I don't know anything about the fireworks but just wanted to say that I LOVE your name and tag. I'm a huge Wings fan too and would also LOVE to drive a zamboni. Have you seen the movie Mystery Alaska? There's a song on it that goes like this:

"I wanna drive a zamboni
I wanna drive a zam-bo-ni-oooo"

I guess it doesn't make too much sense when you don't hear the melody.

#1hockeymom
12-10-2003, 04:11 PM
Its my favorite song! LOL Us girls went out opening night of mystery alaska, and watched it over at Great Lakes Crossing. I bought the video as soon as it was released! I loved the commercial they had out a few years back with StevieY driving the zamboni to the same song!

Thank you to everyone who answered this thread. We ended up watching wishes *WOW!* from MK, but I am sure it will help others make their decisions!

Debbie

PS My son's hockey team took first place (first time ever!) in the tournament this weekend! (love hockey.. live hockey......)

kevind65
12-11-2003, 10:11 AM
hockeymom,
glad you got to see and enjoy wishes. we are looking forward to it in june. also, congrats to your sons hockey team on their 1st place finish.

p.s. lets go BLUES! lol