PDA

View Full Version : 7 year old DS b'day at Chef Mickey's question

ptrbryant
11-07-2003, 04:40 PM
On the last night of our trip, we decided to have a little birthday celebration for our DS at Chef Mickey's, his favorite restaurant:rolleyes: (his birthday is actually the next week, but I figured it's close enough for a minor event). I mentioned this when making our PS arrangements and, from what I've read here, they'll bring out a little cupcake and sing, right? I'd really like to somehow get a special "Mickey" present for him over to Chef M's early and maybe have a character bring it to our table. Does anyone think this is possible? Or, does anyone have any ideas on how I could add more pixie dust to the dinner?
Thanks!
Karla B.:sunny:

Harambe
11-07-2003, 07:07 PM
Don't know if they will take a present early in the day, to be given out at night - but the Contemporary has a lot of great shops! If you could some how sneak out to a shop and buy something (say when other family members are keeping the kids busy!), I think you could give it to the hostess, and then they could possibly give it to DS.

There are a lot of characters here, so maybe that would work!

ttfn3
11-07-2003, 08:17 PM
If you can, get the earliest seating available. CM is much less crowded and you will have more character interaction. I bet you could talk to the Hostess (or your waitress) and have something special done with a present. Your son will also get a placemat with the characters "autographs". Make sure you get a birthday button and have him wear it.

Also, after dinner, you might want to hop on the front car of the monorail for a loop around the resorts. It's one of my DS's favorite things to do!!!

ptrbryant
11-07-2003, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! They all sound "do-able!"
Karla B.:bounce:

pjlla
11-20-2003, 09:59 AM
I actually just re-made some arrangements for my son's 6th bday in January. I am going to "sneak" along a gift and ask a CM to have a character deliver it during the dinner (I may put a photo of my son on it, along with a tag, just in case theyget confused!). I am going to try the same thing with my DD "8 1/2" celebration we are doing at CRT earlier in the week. (She was feeling cheated because this was her brother's SECOND birthday at WDW!). With my daughter's gift, since it will be at breakfast, we will probably rent a locker to store it in after bkfst, until the end of the day, for safe keeping. For my son's CM dinner, I will probably store the gift in a locker all day, and pick it up before we head over to the Contemporary for the dinner. Let me know if you have any other fun suggestions!!..:jester: :smooth:

Crazy Momma
11-20-2003, 09:42 PM
We celabrated my DS 5th birthday at the MK and MNSSHP. We went to City Hall at the MK and got a free birthday pin. The cast members are trained to spot the pin. So, when we got on a ride they would ask his name and age and everyone on the ride would sing. It was great!!! It happened the entire night. My son felt so..... special. It was a birthday to remember.

kilee
11-20-2003, 10:38 PM
We just did a bday at Chef Mickeys 10/30. The waitress did bring a cupcake w/ a candle. Then lead "our table" in happy birthday. That was it. We were a group of 12. Actually everyone was alittle shocked that "was it". We had thought maybe at least 1 character might come over during that part--- but no go!!! We still enjoyed our evening so it was okay.

charabby
11-21-2003, 10:34 AM
I doubt they'd have the character bring the gift - wouldn't other kids wonder why Mickey was giving your ds a present and not them?

That being said, we ate their for my dd8's bday this past Tuesday. They do a little birthday celebration every 40 minutes and that's when they brought out a little cupcake with a candle on it. After the celebration was over (basically spinning napkins and I think there was a special song), Donald came to our table and 'helped' my dd blow out her candle and then he played with the kids a bit before going back to the lobby. She also received the placemat. The whole family loved Chef Mickey's and we'll definitely go there again. We found that the character interaction there was the best, but we're not sure if that's just the way it is there or if it's because the kids decided they didn't want to mess around with their autograph books.

MOMTOMOOTOO
11-28-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by charabby
I doubt they'd have the character bring the gift - wouldn't other kids wonder why Mickey was giving your ds a present and not them?

I would agree with this. Even though you are supplying the gift, the other kids celebrating would not understand.

Perhaps you could just sneak it onto the table. Just a thought

pjlla
11-29-2003, 08:30 AM
about whether the characters will deliver a gift..... Over at another discussion there were lots of people planning the same thing as me (sneak a gift into a character meal and have a character deliver to child).... so I am starting a new thread and asking if anyone has any experience with this particular thing. Will the characters deliver gifts?..... P:confused: