PDA

View Full Version : Wife's Birthday Dinner

Hannahs Daddy
11-07-2003, 11:30 AM
I need some help here. Where is the best place for Hannahs Mommy, Hannah and I to celebrate someone's thirtysomething birthday. Hannah is a picky 6 year old so it has to be someplace fun for her as well. We will at WDW in June if that matters.

thanks,
Hannah's Daddy

sueg
11-07-2003, 12:56 PM
California Grille at Contemp. Best if you can coordinate it with the fireworks, unless that makes the meal "too late" for Hannah. The resturant is surprisingly child-friendly, while offering good food (& great wine by the glass or bottle) for adults.
We always try to get to CG during every trip & it is one of the restaurants that I suggest to co-workers, who not surprisingly, consult with me prior to their WDW trips.

CamColt
11-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Since its her birthday, I would have her look at all the menus and pick what she would like.

For my birthday coming up next month, I have chosen our favorite, the Kona Cafe. We will have our kids with us who are picky eaters (so am I). I didnt want to do any of the more fancy places and surprisingly our kids really enjoy the Kona Cafe. :D

Good luck deciding and Happy Birthday to Hannahs Mommy.

Harambe
11-07-2003, 07:00 PM
How about the Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club? Yes, it's a buffet, but there is awesome seafood, plus beef and chicken. Both my kids found plenty to choose from at the children's section, and they served fun desserts, as well.

We walked to the Beach Club from Epcot, which was a beautiful walk and fun for the kids. The CM's here were just great - lots of attention but no "antics" (I hate antics!).

ttfn3
11-07-2003, 08:25 PM
Have you thought about a kids club for Hannah? For my DH's birthday, we dropped off our son at the Neverland Club, rode the monorail over for a relaxing dinner at the California Grill, took the monorail back over (front car, of course) and picked up our DS. My DS LOVED his time at the Club, and we enjoyed a peaceful dinner. (Note: we stayed offsite and had no problems getting our son into this kids club. We parked our car at the Poly, after telling the guard what our plans were. No problem leaving the car for the evening).

Another time, my SIL got sick at the last minute, and we took our son with us to Narcoussees (?sp) to celebrate my Birthday. The staff there was great. Brought my DS a special drink with an umbrella. We had a window seat and were able to see the fireworks. Of course, it was pretty expensive.

Another idea is to get a lagoon side table at the Rose and Crown for about 7. You could have a lovely dinner and catch Illuminations.

And, there's always the character meals. I'm not sure it that would be the first choice for a thirtysomething special birthday, though.

Good luck!

Uncleromulus
11-08-2003, 05:43 AM
Narcoosee's is also a possible choice. A bit less "formal" than california Grill, very kid friendly, nice view of fireworks.

Bojangles
11-08-2003, 05:14 PM
Chef Mickey's?

BCV23
11-08-2003, 09:46 PM
If it isn't a surprise, I agree that letting your wife pick from the menus is a good way to go. If you're trying to surprise her, check the menus out yourself and look for things you know she'll love. I do think Narcoossee's and California Grill would be two great choices.

Since your daughter is six, I'm sure she's old enough to understand that it's her mother's special day. All WDW restaurants with the exception of Victoria & Alberts are very child friendly with kids menus. Most also have crayons, draw on menus, etc..