PDA

View Full Version : Sept. 11th, 2004!!! Roll Call!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ldb1030
11-04-2003, 10:28 AM
This will be our 3rd DISNEY cruise!

5 adults
1 girl 13-would love to meet a friend prior to cruise!
1 boy 3 1/2
:wave:

amgpmg
11-05-2003, 08:53 PM
This will be our second Disney Cruise (first 7 day)!

2 adults
1 boy - age 8
1 girl - 4 1/2

Kathy

amgpmg
11-15-2003, 06:28 PM
OK, I know it is early, but are we going to be sailing alone?!?

kathy

ldb1030
11-17-2003, 10:44 AM
amgpmg-
ONLY 299 days to go???? Are you packed yet??:teeth:

amgpmg
11-17-2003, 07:01 PM
ldb1030-

No, but I have been shopping!!! How about you? I got a really cute tropical purse (with a skirt to match) and some sandals at the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells last weekend that will be packed away for the cruise. I have had been on these boards since we booked. It really is addicting!!:crazy: My DH thinks I am nuts, but I did the same for our last cruise and he was always asking me questions while on board (which I was able to answer).

Kathy

ldb1030
11-18-2003, 09:58 AM
Yes, I have shopped a bit! I hope I have enough from this past summer but I know I'll buy more!! I did get my husband swim trunks for less than $3.00 on the clearance rack!!:p
We've been booked for so long but now that we are under a year, I know it'll go fast!:tongue:
My husband thinks I'm totally crazy also! BUT he know I'll have taken care of every detail!!:teeth:

ldb1030
11-24-2003, 05:01 PM
getting anxious-bump!:hyper:

amgpmg
11-28-2003, 09:38 PM
Bump - where are all of the 9/11/04 Western Carribean Cruisers?

:confused:

Kathy

ldb1030
12-01-2003, 10:33 AM
Kathy-
We are going to have LOTS of food to eat if only our families are on this sailing!!!:scared:

amgpmg
12-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Lot of Food, plenty of pool space, no wait for Palo & Spa ressies, and plenty of hammocks on Castaway Key! Maybe we could be upgraded to the Walt & Roy Disney Suites!

This all sounds good, but I would rather more people sail with us! What fun would it be if we were all alone?!?

Kathy

ldb1030
12-02-2003, 12:10 PM
:magnify: I know they are out there somewhere!! Maybe everyone is too busy packing already!!!::yes::

ldb1030
12-28-2003, 04:47 PM
Hope you all had a nice holiday!:teeth: Now where is everyone?:hyper:

ldb1030
01-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Less than 250 days to go!!:Pinkbounc

Anyone out there!?!?!:confused:

kellyb2000
01-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Save some food for us 'cause we'll be there! I never look at the "cruise meets" board because it seems like no one is EVER going when I go. I don't know what it is but it was the same way last year. This time I thought "I'll just check to see if anybody is going" and here you are!
"We" consist of my husband (Jason - 34), me (Kelly - 26) and our son (Noah - will be close to 2). We are still trying to talk more family into going with us.
We were on the 4 day the same time in September last year and in 2000 and it is so nice that time of year. This will be our first 7-day and I can't wait to get to spend a day at sea to enjoy the ship.

kellyb2000
01-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Hey - how come I have an extra hour to wait then y'all do?!?! I need to fix that!

ldb1030
01-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Kelly- Welcome! :wave2:
You will LOVE the 7 day!:sunny:
We may have an empty ship or at least no one who visits the DIS boards!:confused:

amgpmg
01-07-2004, 08:37 PM
Welcome Kelly! It is going to be our first 7 day cruise also. We did the 3 night in January and loved it! I am very excited. I too cannot wait for the day at sea to explore. In January my kids, DD 3 & DS 7 both loved the kids club and we rarely saw them. I am hoping that they enjoy it as much this time, but would like to spend a little more time with them during the week. I know we will enjoy it either way, but it would be nice to do some adult only things too.

I noticed you are from Chatanooga, TN. My DH & I have gone on vacation in Georgia and spent a couple of days in Chatanooga. It is beautiful there. I bet the weather is much nicer there than it has been here.

Kathy

Mattnlaura
01-15-2004, 10:40 PM
Hello All,
Well hold on now, i'm staking claim to food and the Roy O suite.
:rotfl:
My wife (26) and I (29) along with my sister and her husband and 2 other friends will all be making the journey.
It's our 5 year anniversary on the cruise and also our 5 year anniversary of our first Disney cruise. There fore i think we deserve the upgrade:wave:. ( thats me waving from my huge balcony)

I cant wait to go.

Any tips or suggestions would help as the first cruise i was completly awestruck
:jumping1:

aaronamy
01-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Hi everyone! We are going 09/11/04 too!!!! Guess who this is Idb1030!? This is our 2nd 7 day cruise, last time it was the eastern. There are 4 of us DH, DD13(best friend of Idb1030's daughter, oops I guess that give me away!) and DS 10 who would love to meet another boy before we sail. :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

amgpmg
01-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Welcome Mattnlaura & Arronamy!

Mattnlaura, we are neighbors! We are from Chicago. We'll have to flip a coin for the Suite, we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary on the cruise! :wave2: Maybe we could take turns, you take the first half of the cruise and we'll take the second half of the cruise.

I know what you mean about being awestruck, we did the three night in January and if it were not for these boards, I would have been completely lost. We got so much information from here! It looks like lbd1030 & aaronamy will be the ones to ask for info regarding the boat.

While I am looking up information on the spa and excursions, my DH is more concerned about where to buy the best Cigars and if he can somehow arrange a poker game while aboard (like there will be time for that).

Welcome aboard!

:jumping1:

ldb1030
01-20-2004, 10:15 AM
Hi Amy!:wave2:
I think your "aaronamy" gave you away!::yes::

Still can't believe you guys are going!!!:goodvibes

You KNOW we will never see our daughters on that ship!:happy1:

aaronamy
01-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Hi Lisa, Finally, I replied last Friday and I've been waiting for you to see this! Im shocked you figured out who I am. I'm so excited to be back on the boards with something to talk about:teeth: instead of looking at everyones trip count downs and being sad I didn't have one:( I think your right about our daughters!

aaronamy
01-23-2004, 09:21 AM
Only 231 days to go!:teeth: I better go shopping!!!!!! There have got to be a few more 9/11/04 cruisers out there by now:confused:

ldb1030
01-23-2004, 10:38 AM
See Amy, I told you if I had five free minutes, I'd be on this board!:teeth:

There MUST be a buddy for Chase out there!!!pirate:

Where is everyone???:confused:

amgpmg
01-25-2004, 10:19 PM
It is soooo cold here in Chicago and they are talking about more snow this week! I cannot wait until we are sailing!! I have done a little bit of shopping and have started to look up some of the excursions. Any ideas for Cozumel and Grand Cayman with a four and eight year old would be wonderful?

ldb1030
01-26-2004, 09:53 AM
It's REALLY cold here today!:(
I'm starting to think about excursions also but I've been so busy, no time to research! :mad:

I am getting really anxious to shop!!!:hyper:

NancyDVC
01-26-2004, 09:07 PM
:bounce:
WHe-e-e-e-e-e-e-e! We just booked today! I can't wait! My 'group' consists of my best friend (mature), my Mom (Age 78) and me (also mature).
I haven't been on the DIS boards lately but all the info that I got last year certainly helped to convince my Mom to come with us.
:jumping1: Jumping up and down for joy!!! Now I have to dig out all the information that I accumulated here to prepare for the cruise!
Is everyone willing to have a DIS meet?
Oh yes I can't wait. Yippee, Yippee!

aaronamy
01-27-2004, 09:47 AM
Hi Nancy, Welcome aboard! Its so cold here! I needed just a few minutes to think about something warm. :sunny: I'm up for a DIS meet, we did that on our last cruise and it was fun meeting everyone! As far as excursions go I'm trying to talk my family into Captain Marvins(I think thats it) and swimming with stingrays! I think that would be so cool. My DD isn't so sure about it but I think she would change her mind once she was there. Idb1030's DD need to keep watching Finding Nemo so she can get over her fish fear!;)

ldb1030
01-27-2004, 12:15 PM
Amy- DD will skin you once she hears you've announced to the DIS boards that she has a fish phobia!!!:rotfl:

Welcome Nancy! :wave2:

You all plan the dis meet and just tell me when/where to show up!:teeth:

amgpmg
01-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Hi Nancy! Welcome aboard! Yea! We are finally getting more people to join. I have never attended a DIS meet, but am definitely game for a meet! I think it would be fun. We too are looking into the swim with the Stingrays with Capt. Marvins. My DS is excited, but I am not sure if he would actually get into the water. Heck, I am not sure I will get into the water, but probably! I am not sure how I feel about the sucking onto you if you feed them. Although it would be a great experience.

NancyDVC
01-29-2004, 10:17 PM
Sounds like everyone is deep into plans for excursions. This is our first Disney cruise although all 3 of us have cruised before.
My Mom has limited mobility because of a heart condition so we are limiting our excursions. We plan to do a tour in Key West and then maybe some shopping at the other stops.
My best friend is not a swimmer (she'll kill me for announcing this, but she is not a board reader leaving all that up to me) so we will skip swimming with any marine life.
Maybe we'll end up like the man in the new DCL ad who seems to be snoring in every possible place including CC! :tongue:

Now for the big question-Who is organizing the DIS meet?:wave2:

It is so cold here in NY that I can't wait to get warm!

Let's keep this thread going. More and more DIS'rs are sure to join us!
::yes::

NancyDVC
02-01-2004, 05:56 PM
BUMP
We need to keep bumping until we get more cruisers posting!

Still cold here in NY. But today's 33 degrees almost felt like
spring!

ldb1030
02-04-2004, 02:09 PM
More snow coming!:(
I wanna go NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

amgpmg
02-05-2004, 09:27 PM
UGH!!! 3 to 6 more inches of snow here too tonight!!! Is it almost time????

NancyDVC
02-09-2004, 07:01 PM
;) Just back from Nashville for a conference. It snowed there last Satruday but didn't stick thank goodness. I came home to find that most of the snow had melted. today it was supposedly in the 40s but the wind was so bad who could tell.
I'm all for cruising right now! Enough of this winter!

:smooth:

HookedonMagic
02-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Hello!

My husband and I just booked our fourth Disney cruise on the Sept 11, 2004 Magic!:D This will be our first trip on DCL without the kids...we love to travel with the kids, but plan on having a BLAST without them!:earseek:

We are trying the Mariner of the Seas with the family for spring break this year. While we are looking forward to trying a new ship, we are happy to have a trip planned on our "home" ship.

How many days until we sail?

Lisa and Tim
:earsboy: :earsgirl:

ldb1030
02-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Welcome Hookedonmagic!:wave2:

I'm really jealous you live in Celebration, Fl.!!!!:p

HookedonMagic
02-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Thanks ldb! :wave:

NancyDVC
02-11-2004, 10:38 PM
:wave: Welcome HookedonMagic!
Looks like we are getting a good group going in September.
I'm off to WDW the first week in March and we plan to lunch in Celebration as usual. :smooth:

amgpmg
02-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Welcome HookedonMagic!

kellyb2000
02-17-2004, 08:51 AM
Well, I have to leave you guys....

I've known this was coming - that's why I haven't replied to anybody. We're giving up our 9/11/04 cruise so our whole family can go with us on 9/10/05. It will kill me to have to wait that long but it will be worth it to be going with my family. Have fun planning!!!!

ldb1030
02-17-2004, 09:43 AM
kellyb2000-
Sorry you can't go with the rest of us:(
but I'm sure you'll have a great time the following year with your family!:cool:

NancyDVC
02-17-2004, 08:07 PM
kellyb2000
Sorry you won't be with us, but I know you'll have a blast when you do go. Hmmmm maybe if I win the lottery I can book 9/10/05 too!

amgpmg
02-17-2004, 08:22 PM
kellyb2000,

Sorry you won't be sailing with us on 9/11, however I cannot say I blame you. I would love to go with more of my family. Happy planning for '05!

Kathy

NancyDVC
02-21-2004, 05:47 PM
Bump :D Hmmm Are there any other September cruisers out there?

HookedonMagic
02-22-2004, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the nice welcomes!:cool:

Nancy....Glad you enjoy our little town. Have a great trip to the World!

Has anyone tried the Romance Package? Looks like a nice deal...and would eliminate running around for ressies when we get on the ship. Any info or tips welcome!

Lisa
:earsgirl:

jayv1
02-22-2004, 09:13 AM
just booked, myself (39) my wife Jennifer (36) and my son Riley who will be 19 mos.

NancyDVC
02-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Welcome jayv1!
Looks like we are starting to get more folks here! Yippee!

I'm off to WDW in just 8 days. I plan a side trip to Port Canaveral to scope things out. You know where things are-hotels, car rental drop off, restaurants etc. (And see one of the ships in person! Even if it is from afar.) :boat:

Lisa- I love your little town. Can't wait to be there again.

ldb1030
02-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Welcome jayv1!:wave2:

First cruise? This will be our 3rd on DCL! Our first western however!:teeth:

Lisa:earsgirl:

amgpmg
02-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Welcome jayv1!

Hookedonmagic, I was wondering about the Romance Package too. It would be nice not to have to rush to make ressies for Palo. We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary (a couple of weeks early) while on board.

Less then 200 days!!

Kathy

HookedonMagic
02-23-2004, 09:12 PM
AMGPMG,

What a wonderful way to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary. Congratulations!

I've read some terrific things about the Romantic Escape at Sea package. While I really don't mind doing the ressie shuffle, I agree that it would be more relaxing to skip it. Tim and I plan to head straight to Quiet Cove pool and the hot tubs!:cool: I can't believe I'm already dreaming about a vacation that is 200 days away!

aaronamy
02-24-2004, 01:15 PM
Hello everyone and welcome to Jayv1! I'm so excited that the counter is below 200:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: How exciting to be going to WDW (I'm very Jealous) Have a great time! :teeth:

NancyDVC
02-28-2004, 06:50 PM
:cool2: Doing the its less than 200 days until we're off dance here.
Are there any more cruisers out there?
We have to have someone plan a DIS meet. We are first time DCL cruisers so we need someone with a bit of exeperience to guide us. Lets keep bumping to attract more posters!
Off to WDW in less than 2 days. We plan a day trip to the port to check things out-hotels, restaurants, car rental drop off etc.
Whee. I'll post when I return. :wave2:

amgpmg
02-29-2004, 04:41 PM
NancyDVC, have a great time at WDW!

Kathy

aaronamy
03-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Have fun! Seeing that ship is going to make you all the more excited about your cruise. Hope you get to hear the horn!:teeth:

amgpmg
03-03-2004, 09:51 PM
Hey! I just noticed that I am a day behind on my countdown then everyone else. I am going to have to check into that! :scared:

How are everyone's plans going? I am starting to look into excursions even though we have alot of time still.

Kathy

aaronamy
03-04-2004, 03:55 PM
Hi Kathy,
I'm a day ahead because we will be flying out on the Friday before so I start my counter when vacation starts! I don't have air booked yet but Im planning on leaving in the afternoon of the 10th:p Yoo hoo! I cant wait! I'm starting to look at excursions also, Im really wanting to do Capt. Marvins in Grand Cayman, I think that sounds so cool. My DD13 (13 in just 2 days :( ) says she is not getting close to stingwrays but I hope once shes there and sees everyone else she will change her mind.

amgpmg
03-04-2004, 09:47 PM
That makes sense Aaronamy. We too are leaving on Friday, so I may need to go adjust my time. The less days left, the happier I will be:sunny: ! I too want to do the stingray excursion and will probably go with Captain Marvins, because they allow smaller children. My ds will be 8 and my dd will be almost 5. I don't know if they will go in or not, but it seems like an experience not to miss.

jayv1
03-06-2004, 06:48 AM
this is our second cruise, our first on DCL however

dvcspain
03-06-2004, 01:53 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I'M GONNA BE THERE TOO!!!!

i'm new here and you can see that i'm from spain but this is going to be our 2nd cruise with disney but our first 7 days

we are excited:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

anyone speaks spanish?::MickeyMo

amgpmg
03-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Welcome dvcspain! Are you traveling with any children?

dvcspain
03-08-2004, 04:17 AM
Hello!
no, we don't. we are going to have our 3th anniversary on board!!!

what about you?::MickeyMo :bounce: :bounce:

ldb1030
03-08-2004, 10:16 AM
Welcome aboard dvcspain :wave2:

amgpmg
03-08-2004, 07:41 PM
Congrats dvcspain! We will be traveling with our DD (almost 5 at sail time) & DS (8 at sail time). We will be celebrating our anniversary also! It will be 10 yrs for us (a little early our anniversary is 10/1). Are you planning on doing the Romance at sea package? We are undecided yet. It does sound nice though.

ldb1030
03-09-2004, 09:39 AM
amgpmg-
This will sort of be an early anniversary trip for my DH and I also!
16 years on 10/8!:hug:

dvcspain
03-09-2004, 03:18 PM
i don't think so because we don't want to spend too much and we don't know if it worth the money, we have a breakfast and don't need a champagne breakfast(do you know what i mean)

we have to fly from spain to your country and we have to spend 2 nights more there and we are going to be 2 nights more at WDW.....:tongue: ::MickeyMo

do you have some pics and tips about te romance package?

amgpmg
03-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Looks like we will be celebrating quite a few anniversaries on board! :lovestruc

dvcspain, I understand your situation. I do not have alot of information on the package, but you can get most of the information on these boards. I am still having a hard time deciding myself.

HookedonMagic
03-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Hey ldb, The cruise marks almost 16 years for my husband and I, as well! Yikes, where did all the time go?:) When did I get so old?

Welcome to the group, Spain! We're glad to have you aboard!:sunny:

Looks like we are all interested in knowing more about the Romance package. Sounds like a good deal to me!:teeth:

Lisa

NancyDVC
03-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Just back from 8 days at OKW! Wonderful weather. had a great time.
We took a 'side trip' to Port Canaveral last Thursday to check things out and see the Wonder in port. As we came over the bridge on 528 and the Wonder came into view my friend said "Oh Wow! Isn't it beautiful." I think that says it all. She of course doesn't spend hours and hours on these boards and even thought I have shown her the web cam views as the MAgic leaves port on Saturdays there is nothing like an up close and personal view! We ate lunch at Grills nad used a coupon that I printed from their web site for 10% off. The meal was great. We plan to eat there again the night before our cruise.

Welcome spain. Glad to have you 'aboard'. My best friend (the one with the Wow above) is celebrating her birthday on the cruise but doesn't want a fuss. Ex. no big embaressing Happy Birthday in the restaurant etc. I still have to call and let them know that she is celebrating her birthday that week.

aaronamy
03-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Welcome aboard Spain glad to have you sailing with us! Im glad you had a good trip Nancy. I just love the view of the ships especially Disney's as you head into Cape Canaveral. Last time we came in at night and didn't get to see them and the time before that we sailed RCL and I just wished we were sailing Disney. In fact I think I have as much video of the Wonder as I did our RCL ship, how sad is that! Of course the next cruise was Disney and we became DVC members on the Magic!!!!:teeth:
LISA YOU ARE NOT OLD!!!!! That would make me old and I Know Im not!:cool:

ldb1030
03-10-2004, 10:29 AM
HookedonMagic- Not only are we both celebrating 16yrs of marriage this year, looks like we are both named Lisa!::yes::
Your husband is not named Jim is he?!;)

No Amy, we are not old YET! However our girls are getting us there very quickly!:rolleyes:

HookedonMagic
03-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Welcome home, NancyDVC! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to the World. :Pinkbounc Did you get to Celebration?

I'm sailing on Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canaveral next week. While I'm excited for this trip, I'm also looking forward to getting a peek at the Wonder while I'm there! I can relate to your experience Amy!:earseek:

HookedonMagic
03-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Ldb,

No my husband is not named Jim, he is named Tim!!!!!! Too funny.:crazy:

Hey, I just read your first post. You mentioned two kids are sailing with your group, a teen girl and a toddler boy. Our kids are not coming on the cruise, but we have a 14 year old daughter and a 15 month old son.......:hyper:

dvcspain
03-10-2004, 04:33 PM
THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY TO SAY WELCOME!!!!!

HookedonMagic, what about to live at Celebration? it must be wonderful to be so near of WDW.

anyone knows anything of the shore excursions? what about cozumel? we are thinking about to do Tulum ruins, how are them?

are you going to do it with Disney that excursion?
::MickeyMo

ldb1030
03-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Hookedonmagic-

Jim and Tim??!! That is way too funny!!:tongue:

Too bad you are not bringing your 14 yr old daughter because aaronamy and I both have 13yr old girls!!!

How on earth are you getting away with not bringing them!:scratchin

amgpmg
03-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Welcome Back NancyDVC - I am glad you had a wonderful trip! I have to agree, there is nothing like seeing the ship up close! It is breath taking. HookedonMagic, how many days is your cruise next week? You will have to post a trip report when you get back. I have never sailed anything else but Disney and am curious how other ships would be. My DH would like to try another line, but without the kids sometime.

NancyDVC
03-11-2004, 11:58 PM
Hookedonmagic, No sorry to say we didn't get to Celebration this trip:( . Too many other things like seeing the Wonder that had to be done.
But when I got back a friend from California had emailed me to tell me that she and her husband are moving to Celebration later this month! They are renting a small apartment while they save for a house! I can't wait to see them at WDW.

Aaronamy isn't DVC the best? Thanks to DVC I am going on this cruise!:smooth:

My current dilemma is when to reserve for Palo-brunch? tea? dinner? All 3::yes::
As for excursions we will be sticking to motorized ones trolley ot conch train in Key West and tour bus in Grand Cayman, and can't decide in Cozumel because my Mom will be with us and she doesn't have a great deal of endurance.
Also what hotel in Port Canaveral for Firday night. Probably the Radisson because of the shuttle and proximity to the pier. Decisions, decisions but what wonderful decisions.

HookedonMagic
03-12-2004, 03:10 PM
NancyDVC Sorry you missed Celebration. I'm sure you'll be a frequent visitor in the future with your friend's moving here. I hope they like it! (We rented when we first moved here, too, but bought our house three weeks later! Fortunately, the apartments let you out of your lease if you buy in town!)

AMGPMG Our cruise next week is a 7 day, Western Carib with stops in The Bahamas, Jamaica, Cayman and Cozumel. I know it is redundant for us to do another 7 day Western Carib this fall, but DCL offered terrific rates to Celebration residents...we just could not pass up a good deal (especially since we're new to Florida and always paid full fare in the past!):smooth: Anyway, I'll answer any questions you may have about Royal Caribbean upon my return. Also, a poster named Mojomanny did an extensive review on DCL vs Mariner just a few weeks ago.

LDB As much as our daughter would enjoy this cruise, she is actually choosing to stay home. She missed school earlier this year to go skiing and decided she didn't want to do that again. She is very involved in academics, sports and student government. She just felt swamped when we got home!:eek: I guess Tim and I will have to "suffer" without the kids!;)

ldb1030
03-17-2004, 09:49 AM
Hookedonmagic-
Well, when you get to missing your daughter princess: aaronamy and I will loan you ours for awhile...............IF we can find them!:crazy:

NancyDVC
03-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Bump!
:bounce: Don't want this thread to get lost.
Is anyone getting ready yet? Seeking out the shore trips? Making day to day, minute by minute plans? Or just sitting back and watching the countdown clock get ever closer to sailaway?:bounce:
Or is my addiciton to these boards getting me crazier?;)

amgpmg
03-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Wow! These boards are active lately! I saw this post yesterday, but was running out so did not have a chance to respond and today I had to search through the other posts to find it. I have been slowly planning our trip, but have now booked a trip to WDW in July with some family members, so I have been concentrating on that more. The days are not going fast enough for the cruise :( - I am patiently waiting.

Kathy

missycat1925
03-26-2004, 11:55 AM
hi...im on this crusise..wondered if anyone was worried about the weather..i want to make sure to go to castaway cay---

missycat1925
03-26-2004, 12:02 PM
i have read a couple of posts that said they missed castaway cay because they went in september. so wondered what the danger in that happening was..has anyone went in september before?

dvcspain
03-26-2004, 12:24 PM
i was there on september and the weather is wonderful but you have the danger of hurricanes, they say that they aro going to sail anyway so they are going to avoid the hurricane and go to other place instead of Castaway Cay but i hope this don't happen to us::MickeyMo

missycat1925
03-26-2004, 12:25 PM
i wonder how often that happens in september? did it ever happen to you while you were there?

dvcspain
03-26-2004, 12:30 PM
I WAS THERE ONE TIME AND WAS WONDERFUL

Hunter'sMama
03-26-2004, 04:49 PM
Hi Ya'll!

I'm new to the group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sarah and I'm a long-time Disney enthusiast. My husband, Josh, my son, Hunter (19 months), and I are excited to embark on our first Disney cruise on 9-11-04. I have cruised to Bermuda twice before on different cruise lines, but this is my husband's first cruise and I'm eager to share the experience with him and our son.

I'm lucky enough to have visited Walt Disney World approximately 20 times so far and enjoyed my son's first meeting with the Mouse in Oct. 2003. My husband and I just returned from a weekend trip to Disney World at the beginning of March and look forward to our next visit in 2005.

I have stayed at numerous Disney properties (ie: Fort Wilderness, Coronado Springs, Dixielandings, Carribbean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club, and Wilderness Lodge) some more than once and only have great things to say about the Resorts and the Parks.

I'm looking forward to reading the posts on this forum and hope to get to know some of you prior to the cruise in September.

Take care!

aaronamy
03-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Hi everyone! We just got back from a ski trip to Colorado. It was so warm that we skiied in T-shirts. Mmmm makes me even more ready for the cruise. I have piles of laundry but I just had to get my fix since it has been more than a week. I also read the Disney Cruise Passporter all the way home. Thanks ldb1030, I finished it! Welcome aboard Hunter'smom! Our ship may fill up soon:p. Regarding the weather, Ive heard that the seas may actually be calmer durring hurricane season than they are other times of the year, I hope! Last time we cruised it was the end of Jan. and we had 8 to 13 ft. waves:eek: They had to close the pools sometimes because all the water was sloshing out! We still had a great time:teeth:

NancyDVC
03-27-2004, 02:56 AM
Welcome Hunter'sMama. This is a good group.
Has anyone thought about setting up a DIS meet? Being a DCL novice I don't know where to start.

Welcome Back aaronamy. You said you just finished the DCL PassPorter? I think mine is getting worn out from being read so many times. I can't wait until they announce the new edition.

Now my dilemma is do I buy the paperback or the deluxe edition? The deluxe is very nice but heavy. I have to consider that I always overpack when I travel especially to WDW so the deluxe edition of the DCL PassPorter may be too heavy and therefore take up valuable weight if I pack it. I don't want to be charged for being overweight. (I just missed being charged earlier this month on the way to WDW by taking things out of my bag and putting them in my friend's bag!
:scratchin Hmm decisions, decisions, decisions. And the cruise isn't even close yet!
:wave2:

dvcspain
03-27-2004, 03:30 AM
welcome to everybody!!!!

nancy you could take only the pages that you era going to use.

i don't have the DCL guide but i'm waiting for the second edition.

amgpmg
03-27-2004, 02:12 PM
Welcome Missycat1925 and Hunter'sMama! I too am a little concerned about the weather, however am sure that they will do everything they can to try and get to Castaway Cay. We cruised in January last year and although we were able to go the Castaway Cay the weather got pretty cool out. We really could not enjoy the water at all.

Kathy

NancyDVC
03-27-2004, 06:32 PM
dvcspain
Yes, that would be the practical thing to do-only take the pages that I will be using but the problem is that I am compulsive in that area and always think that I will need something urgently that I've left home!!!!
That's why I always take 'extras' of shampoo, hand cream etc. Small containers of course but way too many. And then I stash them all over my bags and can't seem to find what I need when I need it anyway. :rotfl:

As for the weather I won't worry about it. (Or at least not worry until a week or so before and watch the Weather Channel compulsively ecery minute I get to make certain that one of those nasty tropical storms isn't headed our way.)
Now I know that the captain will steer the ship to safer waters if a storm is headed towards our route. But what if the storm is headed for our route the day we are due to embark? :worried:
Way too much thinking going on here. I need to sit back and read my DCL PassPorter again along wiht all the info that I have downloaded and printed about the cruise. And maybe watch the DCL again. (BTW this DVD is awesome!)
:laughing: :laughing:

Mattnlaura
03-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Having taken a 3 day as part of our honeymoon in sept of 99, I can say that the seas were fine, excepr for the first night when we were in small swells. Unfortunalty we were unable to goto castaway cay as the hurricane that had passed a few days earlier had left the channel that the ship uses to dock full of sand. We did get to see some interesting things though. Like the hotel in nassau that was half destroyed by the hurricane and the tender from castaway cay which delivered supplies that loaded below our stateroom. No worries thought, my wife has talked with mother nature and made it clear that there will be no bad weather during that week or else!!!!!!!!!!!1:tongue:

ldb1030
03-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Welcome to all the new cruisers for 9/11! :wave2:

Is it time for me to start packing yet?:goodvibes

Hunter'sMama
03-30-2004, 03:59 PM
My suggestion is not to worry too much about the weather. My parents took my sister and her daughter on the Eastern Carribbean Cruise in Sept. '02 and they had spectacular weather. They were able to stop at all of the ports including Castaway Cay and came home tanned and relaxed. And, the truth of the matter is that even if there is bad weather, there's nothing we can do about it anyway so why worry?!?

For those of you who are members of the Castaway Club, have any of you used the Nursery? We have a 19-month old and would like any information ya'll can provide. Also, is it possible to have in-room babysitting?

Thanks.

HookedonMagic
03-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Hunter's Mama,

We used Flounder's Nursery for our four month old last March. They offer limited space, so go early your first day to book the days and times you require. You can always cancel (with adequate notice) later. We used the nursery most evenings during dinner. It was staffed with three young women, all British. They were all caring and professional. We never leave the baby with anyone other than family when we are home and felt comfortable leaving him at Flounders. They give you a pager when you leave the baby and you are welcome to stop in anytime and check on him.

There is no in-room babysitting on the Magic. We just got off the Mariner of the Seas with our now 15 month old. They offered in-room sitting, which we used twice. The woman was nice, but we definately did not feel as secure. We definately prefer Flounders.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll try to help.

Lisa

Hunter'sMama
03-31-2004, 11:40 AM
Thank you, Lisa for the valuable information. Can you tell me what types of hours they offer and were there many children when you brought your son? Also, it is only the younger children that can use this service, correct? Hunter will have just turned 2 when we cruise and he, too, has only been left with family. I know that Disney would only hire reliable and caring individuals and am confident that the service is wonderful, but the books that I've read so far don't talk too much about Flounder's.

Thank you again for your time.
Sarah

HookedonMagic
04-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Sarah,

I don't recal specific hours...I know that they are open several hours during the day, as well as several hours each evening. I think the hours change daily. Perhaps you can post your question on the boards.

Yes, only the little ones are allowed in Flounders. Those under three. Again, I don't recall the ratio of caregivers to children, but I know it was low. Our son was an infant, so he basically had his own caregiver. It was never very crowded...maybe a max of 9 children to three castmembers.

Lisa

Hunter'sMama
04-01-2004, 02:46 PM
Thanks again, Lisa. I appreciate your help. I'll check it out and I'm sure Hunter will be enrolled for at least a few hours so my husband and I can have some time to ourselves.

Take care!
Sarah

HookedonMagic
04-01-2004, 03:15 PM
You're welcome, Sarah! I'm glad to be of some help. While we enjoy family time with our children, a few hours alone are especially nice during vacation. You don't want to miss Palo, the Surial Bath and the Quiet Cove pool...all wonderful mom and dad only options on the Magic!

Lisa
;)

NancyDVC
04-03-2004, 08:46 PM
:grouphug:
:boat:
Bump, Bumpity, Bump, Bump!
Where are all those other September 11 cruisers?
Has anyone thought about a DIS meet yet?:cool1:

scrapperjill
04-04-2004, 06:10 AM
:bounce: A great big hello to all you fellow crusiers!!! We to(myself, my hubby and our two daughters, ages 6&11) will be setting sail on the Disney Magic on Sept. 11th.

We are getting soooo excited. This will be our frist trip on a crusie and our first trip to WDW, which mean we have a TON of questions. So far we have planed 5 days in the Orlando area, with 3 day passes to WDW, 1 day at Sea World and 1 day at Universal followed by 7 days at sea.

Well I just wanted to take a moment to introduce our family and share our excitment.

We look forward to meeting many fellow cruisers on the ship.

NancyDVC
04-04-2004, 08:25 AM
:wave2: Welcome scrapperjill. :jumping1:
Everyone here is excited too! Coming to these boards keeps from getting crazy until cruise time!
Your trip sounds great!

amgpmg
04-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Welcome Scrapperjill! You are in great hands with the DISboards. Everyone here will be able to answer all of your questions. Your family will have a wonderful time both in Orlando and on the cruise! I assume by your user ID that you scrapbook? You will need ALOT of film or a huge digital card (or more than one) to take all of the pics that you will be taking:) .

Kathy

ldb1030
04-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Welcome scrapperjill :wave2:
Your pre-cruise time in Orlando sounds like fun! Wish we could be gone that long!!!::yes::

scrapperjill
04-06-2004, 06:49 PM
:bounce: Your correct on the scrappbooking. I have been an avid scrappbooker for 6 years. I can't wait to do anoher disney album. I'm getting all stocked up memory cards. so far I've gathered 3-256 card which will hold HUNDREDS of photos. And of course plan on bring the lap top to download them in the evening to clear the cards. I'm still trying to decide if I should bring my SLR camera also, or just do digital.

The SLR is so big and bulky, I do have a smaller point and shoot, but our digital is real small and handy. decisions, decisions, decisions....

amgpmg
04-06-2004, 09:15 PM
scrapperjill - I also am an avid scrapbooker. Although I am very behind with my kids books, I am current with my Disney books (almost)! You should be good with 3 cards and your computer. The nice thing about the digital is that you can delete them if they do not look good. I only took my digital last time and was kind of dissapointed because, although it takes wonderful pics, I had a hard time with my pics inside and when it was somewhat dark. My camera did not take good pics in those situations. I think I may bring both cameras next time.

Kathy

NancyDVC
04-07-2004, 09:51 PM
:confused:
Oh dear now I have to worry about what camera to take. I have an excellent SLR. (Yes scrapperjill mine is bulky too.)
And a point and shoot which takes lovely pictures. I have been considering getting a digital camera.
But now comes the dilemma. Should I get a very simple point and shoot digital? Or a slightly more complicated one? I know that a removable memory card is essential as is a zoom lens. Do I need a big bulky one similar to my SLR? And all the brands make me dizzy. Do I go with a known reliable camera company or a software/hardware company or an electronics (not known for computers) company)? :scared: :crazy:
Or am I just obsessing too much about this cruise.
Thank goodness for this board. It is somewhere to go when no one understands me!:crazy:
"Hello, my name is Nancy and I am a Disney addict who is becoming more obsessive/compulsive over this trip!":rotfl:

dvcspain
04-08-2004, 05:27 AM
hello to everyone again!!!!!:bounce:

i hope you era enjoying prepairing your trip, but i'm nervous about it,i'm getting crazy, i need to go NOW!!

well, i hope to receive soon the new disney cruise guide maybe is going to be enough waiting for our trip.::MickeyMo

anyone knows about the prices of digital cameras in your country? in the USA?

i was thinking about to buy one there,maybe is cheaper than here in spain.

see ya soon!!!::MickeyMo

Hunter'sMama
04-08-2004, 10:49 AM
Hi DVCSpain,

I'm definitely not claiming to be an expert on digital cameras but the price here in the US is rather reasonable. The Sony Cyber-shot 3.2 Megapixel is less than $300 US. This is a decent camera and will take good pictures outside but indoor photos won't be the greatest quality. I have this camera for casual use (quick trips to the park with my son). I recently purchased the Canon EOS Digital Rebel which is a 6.3 Megapixel for $1000 and absolutely love it. The photo quality is wonderful no matter where the picture is taken and it's easy to use. It really depends on how many pixels you think you need and the price will increase as the number of pixels increases. I hope that helps.

Have a great day.
Sarah

dvcspain
04-08-2004, 04:22 PM
thank you!!!!

anyone else?

it seems the price is like here in spain......

i don't know what to do:(

HookedonMagic
04-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Try Bestbuy.com You can compare digital camera's and get an idea on what you'll pay for a camera in the US.

NancyDVC
04-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Wow, it looks as if I have to do some more research on digital cameras before I buy. And price is a big consideration.::yes::

Now if I could only win the lottery I wouldn't have to be concerned with the price. But with my luck I would buy a pricey one only to have them come out with a better one that is less expensive a week later :tilt: :headache:

At least this board keeps me 'sane'. :smooth:

dvcspain
04-10-2004, 04:53 AM
THANK YOU!!!!
i was looking into bestbuy.com and it seems that the prices looks like here so maybe i'm going to buy my camera here.

sarah,you said that the sony camera don't do a good indoor photos, why? doesn't it have something to choose the quality of the photo? doesn't enouhg 3 pixels?

scrapperjill
04-11-2004, 07:01 AM
I bought my digital camera at Best buy. It's a Sony cybershot, model DSC-T1. I love it. It does GREAT in dark rooms. Has lot's of options but easy to use, and is small and compact for easy travel.

Question about what to pack. I know it's a while away but from the sounds of other posts I have read we will be packing ALOT. How do you manage with formal night, semi-formal, theme nights and so on. We were planning on bringing one small suitcase each....I'm not sure if it will all fit now. Any help would be great. :sunny:

Hunter'sMama
04-13-2004, 04:58 PM
DVCSpain,

The Sony Cyber-shot that I have is a good camera overall but my experience indoors hasn't been the greatest. The photos always come out too dark and it just doesn't compare to my Canon EOS. Yes, there are options you can change depending on the shot but even the sharpest setting will still turn out darker than I prefer. I would say 3 megapixels isn't quite enough if you want to have your photos printed for use in scrapbooks or photo albums, but if you're only emailing 3 megapixels should be fine. I enjoy my Canon because it is rather easy to use and the quality is wonderful. The only possible drawback for some may be that it is larger than the Sony or other smaller digitals but its not something that bothers me.

Take care.
Sarah

missycat1925
04-15-2004, 08:21 PM
hey since it seems like we dont have alot of cruisers for 9/11--maybe we will all get upgraded!

HookedonMagic
04-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Hey Missycat--Sounds good to me!!!!:p

NancyDVC
04-15-2004, 10:55 PM
:bounce: :Pinkbounc Yes missycat, upgrades for all of us!!!!!::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
I'm in a veranda room now does that mean I'll get a suite with my upgrade? I can only hope!:jumping1:
:cool1: Doing the upgrade dance.:wave2:

Hunter'sMama
04-16-2004, 08:17 AM
My parents cruised in Sept 2000 and they were originally booked in a family stateroom (category 4). The week prior to their departure they were called and offered a Category 3 Suite. Of course they accepted and loved it so much that we've faxed in our requests for the Roy and Walt Disney Suites for a family cruise in 2006.

My husband, son and I are booked in a Category 5 for the Sept. 11th cruise and I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves immensely!

Have a great weekend Ya'll!

Sarah

scrapperjill
04-18-2004, 02:56 AM
I am all over that ::yes::. We will have the ship to ourselves. No rushing to get the Palo's reses, or to get good seats at the shows. There will be plenty of deck chair for lounging around and lots of room at the pool....I can see it now. :smooth:

Okay, Okay it's just a dream. But with the way the board is looking maybe my dream will come true. I'll take the upgrade:teeth:

aaronamy
04-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Gosh its been since a long time since I checked in, glad to have new cruisers:p Im into scrapbooking too, only I am way behind. However I do have my last Disney cruise done and it was so much fun reliving all those great memories:teeth: We just bought a new cannon video camera but hopefully we won't have to buy any others. Id rather save my money for vacation!!!!!!!!!

amgpmg
04-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Although we too have a room with a verandah, I too would not object to being upgraded!

Dont feel bad aaronamy, I too am way behind on my kids books. Although, I too have my last cruise book done (almost)! I cannot wait to be able to scrap another cruise!

We are getting closer.............

Kathy

NancyDVC
04-24-2004, 01:56 AM
:( I don't scrapbook. Probably because I am so disorganized. I never seem to get my photos into an album in a timely fashion either.
Has anyone thought about setting up a DIS meet? Since this will be my first DCL cruise I am willing to accept any and all suggestions for where and when to meet. I would love to meet all of you. I have read about meets that took place during or just before or after the 'Sailaway Party' or early Sunday morning. I am sailing with my best friend and my Mom. We have the early seating for dinner because of my Mom (she can't eat too late in the evening). I believe the DVC members meeting usually takes place on Sunday morning so that will take precedence for me. (Yes I attend all the member updates that I can at WDW.)
Any and all suggestions are welcome.
I am planning to watch the sailaway party from deck 10, where according to my research it is easy to watch the party and the pier and not be too crowded.
So lets get some suggestions for where and when to meet and how to recognize everyone. (I always seem to find it impossible to locate lime green ribbon when I really want some.)
TTFN Looking forwrd to meeting everyone!:wave2:

dvcspain
04-24-2004, 05:26 AM
Hello Nancy!!!
i would like to btu it would be difficult to do it because my english is not very good and my wife doesn't speak it.
but i would like to do it!!!

i want to know one more thing, what is the DVC member update about?
i never been there because i'm a new member so i would like to got in the disney cruise line.
thank you!!!

NancyDVC
04-24-2004, 11:47 PM
Hi dvcspain,
I have never cruised on DCL before so I am not very knowlegeable about the DVC update on the cruise. From what I have heard they give out prizes, some refreshments and some information about how you can better use your DVC membership.
The member update at the resorts is currently held twice a week on Tuesdays at OKW and on Thursdays at BWV, in each resort's Community Hall. It begins at 8:00 AM (get there early because it fills up quickly. They give updates about new perks, the new resort (SSR), trading out of DVC using II and answer questions. I enjoy the updates and go whenever I am at a DVC resort.

My Spanish is worse than your English-"Me Espanol es muy malo Y poquito." "Yo entiende nada mas." But I am willing to try.

You are welcome at the DIS meet and so is your wife! If she doesn't mind my broken Spanish. :wave2: Maybe my Spanish will improve with practice.::yes::

amgpmg
04-25-2004, 12:26 AM
I too would be interested in a DISmeet, however would not know where to begin. I do think that Sunday would be a better day, as there is alot of running around on the first day. It really goes by so fast - before you know it the day is done. Maybe we should just start throwing out ideas and get a majority vote. I am game for anything.

Kathy

NancyDVC
04-25-2004, 09:01 AM
As a newbie I have to rely on those of you who are veteran cruisers.
According to the latest Navigators on the www.***************** site the DVC meeting is from 10:00-11:00. And the first excursions begin to meet at 11:45AM.

:idea: The ship is due in at 12:00 noon. How does an early Sunday morning (9:00 AM) DIS meet sound?:listen:
Is this doable?

sunshine103
04-25-2004, 05:00 PM
We just booked our cruise. This is our 3rd Disney cruise. We have a boy that will be 9 and our 2nd boy is 5.

amgpmg
04-25-2004, 05:24 PM
Welcome Sunshine103! My kids are very close in age to yours - my DS will be 8 when we sail and my DD will be almost 5.

Kathy

dvcspain
04-25-2004, 07:36 PM
it would be nice to have that meeting at 9,it would be soon or late? that day is the DVC meeting,isn't it?

what about breakfast? we could have breakfast together.

NancyDVC
04-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Welcome sunshine103! great group here!
Yes dvcspain Sunday is the day of the DVC meeting but according to the Navigator it isn't until 10:00 AM so a DIS meet at 9:00 AM should not interfere.
Breakfast sounds good to me but not too early. I believe that breakfast at the buffet is from 7:00 AM or so until 10:30 or 11:00 so a breakfast meet would be okay.
Kathy (ampmg) is right the first day seems to involve a lot of running around-boarding, getting ressies at Palo's, the spa and the kids clubs, the boat drill and the sailaway party.

:rockband: :happy2:
We have the early seating for dinner so that makes for more time constraints. We hope to do one of the tours in Key West (Conch Train or Trolley) because my Mom can't walk too far.
:wave: I'd like to meet everyone early in the cruise so that we can get to know one another.
Any other suggestions?:listen: :scratchin
Keep thinking folks!:wave2:

scrapperjill
04-26-2004, 05:44 AM
I would agree that Sunday morning would be a good time...but again not to early. I would think with all the traveling we will be doing on Sat. that we will all be fairly tired Sat night..and may want to sleep some Sunday morning.

Hunter'sMama
04-28-2004, 04:31 PM
For those of you cruising with children, what are their ages? Hunter will have just turned 2 when we cruise and I'm curious how many other young ones will be joining us.

scrapperjill
04-28-2004, 07:28 PM
Our girls will be 6 & 11 next month:D

amgpmg
04-28-2004, 09:08 PM
My son will be 8 when we cruise and my daughter will be just under 5.

Kathy

cathyscrapper
05-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Hello Hello!!

Count us in too! We will be joining you all on The Magic on September 11, 2004. We are meeting my best friend from high school (graduation was just a few 20 years ago in Miami) and her family. There will be nine of us with all the kids. Would love to meet somewhere.

Cathy

natale1980
05-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Hello Everyone!! Now I feel the cruise feels more real now that there are people to talk to!!!
This will be me (24) and my husband’s (26) second cruise… the last time we went on a cruise was on our honeymoon 5 years ago in September - - Hurricane Floyd visited us and we were unable to go to Disney’s Island so I hope that doesn’t happen again… The weather was really nice (besides the hurricane) and the ship was amazing!! The only thing Floyd effected was the water was very dusty… and in the Bahamas there were some trees & buildings down.
My Brother (26) and his wife (25) - - also no kids- - decided to come with too so it should be a blast…
I’m hoping for an upgrade big time!! We are real low on cash so we had to book the cheapest room… My Brother spent alittle more money on his room so I’m sure I’ll be jealous when I see it! OH WELL – at lease we’ll be on the boat!!

I CAN’T WAIT!!!!

-nat
:earsgirl:

amgpmg
05-02-2004, 08:32 PM
Welcome cathyscrapper & natale1980!

Kathy

Mattnlaura
05-02-2004, 10:01 PM
natale1980,

When did you cruise in Sept. of '99. We also did not get to goto Castaway Cay due to the hurricane. We did the land and sea package and cruised the 3 day criuse portion fron the 23rd to the 25th. This will also be our second cruise, for our 5th anniversary. Maybe we were cruisemates then. My wife(26) and I(29) are cruisen with my sister, her husband and 2 friends.
We will have to get drinks one night.:drinking1:
If we don't get to goto Castaway Cay again i'm gonna need some padding for the roon because my wife is gonna go nuts!!!!!
:crazy:

Cant wait to meet everyone at the dismeet.
:thewave:

HookedonMagic
05-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Welcome aboard, new cruisers!:cheer2: Looks like we've got quite a group for our sailing. It seems like such a long wait, but I'm sure it will be here before we know it.

Anyone inclined to sign up for the repositioning cruise in May, 2005? DCL should announce dates and pricing tomorrow. We're thinking about it, but are hesitant to pull our teen out of school...if we go, she will miss the last week of her sophmore year.:confused:

Hope all is well with everyone. Happy planning!

Lisa:earsgirl:

NancyDVC
05-03-2004, 10:45 PM
Welcome new cruisers! Glad to have you here!
We have been discussing a DISmeet on the cruise.
So far the opinions seem to be that Saturday is tough because of embarkation, getting ressies, the safety drill and the sailaway party.
Sunday morning looks better. I know that according to the posted Navigators there is a DVC meeting at 10:00 AM (I always go to DVC member meetings).
It has been suggested that we meet for breakfast about 9:00 at the buffet.
Having read cruise trip reports there have been DIS meets on Saturday just before the safety drill, at the sailaway party, Sunday morning for brunch at Palo's, the night before the cruise at the Radisson and just about everywhere else.
So how about some more opinions/ideas? I would love to meet all of you. ::yes:: :wave2:

fredascrapper
05-04-2004, 04:11 PM
hi, my daughter is turning 13 in july and she wants a friend too!:wave:

NancyDVC
05-04-2004, 09:51 PM
Welcome fredascrapper! Glad to have you 'aboard'!
Is your daughter the one who posted the thread about being 13 and going on our cruise? If not then look at this board list and check for the thread that talks about being 13 and goin on this cruise.;)

ldb1030
05-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Our daughter is 13 as is aaronamy's daughter! princess: princess:
They are very good friends and would love to meet other friends their age!::yes::

natale1980
05-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Mattnlaura,

Too weird!! We were on the three night cruise too... for dinner we sat at a table of honey-mooners so who knows??
Drinks sound great... and I’m going to need a whole bar-full if we can’t go to Castaway Cay - - I’m a true Disney fan and after that I had bad thoughts tward disney because of the way the handeld that whole trip... :rolleyes: but all is well now...
We have gone to Diseny World about 12 times since then! I’m actually leaving next week for a Girls Trip with my mom & my sister-in-law!!
I can’t wait!! We’ll be there before we know it! :hyper:

-nat :earsgirl:

scrapperjill
05-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Look at all the scrappers on the board:D . fredascrapper & cathyscrapper...I'm just guessing you two scrap?? If so we'lll have to do some photo share..to add more pics to our albums, from diffrent points of view :p .

We have two girls that will be 6 & 11 at trip time...any other kids going around those ages?

Our youngest can be a little shy at times. I am hoping she likes the kids club enough to give it a try. I'm sure is we can get her to go once...she won't want to leave. Any tips on how to easy her anxiety when it's drop of time. Hey maybe we'll get lucky and she'll be excited to go even before we get there....I can only hope. :)

cathyscrapper
05-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Hello scrapperjill,

Yes, fredascrapper and I are scrapbookers and also best friends for many years. Freda's daughters will be 7 and 13 at cruise time. My daughter will be 7 and my son will be 3. Hoping they all like the kid programs too. Looking forward to meeting you all as well as keeping tabs on latest updates and news on cruising.

Cathy

fredascrapper
05-05-2004, 07:05 PM
My 13 year old daughter would love to meet other girls her age on the cruise. She actually has a user name on the disboards - she is tinkerbell710 if any of your children would like to send messages to her. Our younger daughter who will be 7 in July makes friends with any child.

SCRAPPERJILL - our 7 year old daughter would love to meet your daughter. She is so sweet and would enjoy helping her feel
comfortable in the children's activities.

NancyDVC - I think my daughter did start that thread - if it says tinkerbell710 - it's her!! She thinks this really neat, because before we found this site, the only Disney she knew were my friend Cathy and me!!!

We're looking forward to meeting all of you!!

Freda

aaronamy
05-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Hi everyone, glad to see so many new cruisers on board. :wave2: I'll have to tell my 13 DD to check out Tinkerbell 710. Now I just need a friend for my 10 DS anyone out there?:listen: Im so glad we are planning on the Dis meet, Sunday sounds good to me, the only problem might be if you have the character breakfast on Sunday(we did on our last 7 day) because I think if you have late seating it doesn't start until around 9:30. I'm sure we will never find a time that is perfect for everyone though. :sunny:

NancyDVC
05-08-2004, 07:05 PM
When do you find out about the character breakfast? Do all passengers get to go? Or just the passengers with children? What days are they held?

Does anyone else have ideas for a time and place for a DIS meet?
I haven't broken the news to my mother or friend that we are (or possible just I am) going to a DIS meet.

It's getting closer.:cheer2:
We booked our airfare this week. We leave from NY early on Friday so that we can have lunch with friends. We are staying at the Radisson on Friday night. Is anyone else flying in on Friday? If so where are you staying?:wave2:

cathyscrapper
05-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Does anyone know which characters are at the breakfast? DD6 would love to know which princesses are onboard also. Thanks

Cathy

natale1980
05-09-2004, 03:59 PM
I had no idea there was a character breakfast... I hope it's not just for kids... cause I wanna go!!!
Hey- does anyone know if or where there is a place to see the schedule of events like the on board navigator?? :confused:

thanks!! I can't wait!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

-nat:earsgirl:

NancyDVC
05-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Okay here goes (and if it doesn't work please don't blame me).
Try Barb's site the Platinum Castaway Club www.***************** (http://www.*****************)
(And if my link didn't work just type in www.*****************)
They have Navigators for all the cruises and there is a relatively new one (1/04) posted for the Western. Just scroll down the page on the left to Navigators/Activities and click on it and then on the Navigators you want to see. Each cruise is arranged by days-Day1, Day 2 etc. And each Navigator has several pages.
I don't recall if the Navigators tell you about when the character breakfasts are held, but I believe they are held on the at sea days. ::yes:: :wave2:
I would also like to go to a character breakfast but who knows if my traveling companions (Mom age 78 and best friend - mature woman) will want to.:rolleyes1

aaronamy
05-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Everyone gets to go to the character breakfast!:bounce: :Pinkbounc Its lots of fun. Mickey and Minnie, Chip and Dale, Pluto and Goofy, Daisy and Donald were all there. We didn't have any of the princess at ours but they were on the ship for photos. Your day of character breakfast has something to do with your dinning rotation. We had ours on Sunday but that was the Eastern and the first day at sea, so maybe they wouldn't have it on Sunday since we will be stopping in Key West. I don't care I'll just be so HAPPY. I was at Target yesterday and bought the Mickey walkie talkies, they were on clearence for 14.99 they are so cute and 5 characters voices are on them:goodvibes The funny thing was my husband was the one who really wanted them!:teeth: Can't wait to try them out on the cruise!

dvcspain
05-10-2004, 06:07 PM
hello to everybody,it's a long time ago that i was not here but i'm here again.

i'm waiting for the character breakfast too,it's really funny .

the meeting is going on,isn't it?:wave2:

natale1980
05-10-2004, 08:00 PM
:hyper: Thanks for the link for the navagator!! Now I can't wait more than ever!!!! I counted only 18 weeks to go!!! :teeth:

ldb1030
05-11-2004, 09:43 AM
:scared1: Only 18 weeks to go??? STOP IT! I'm not packed yet!:scared1:

NancyDVC
05-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Four months from today we'll be at sea!!!! (It is still May 11 here in NY) Whee!:Pinkbounc :bounce:
Packed? Who is packed? I'll be lucky if I'm packed sooner than night before!

dvcspain-yes we are still trying to plan a DIS meet. So far Sunday for breakfast about 9:00 AM (at the buffet) seems to be the best time. Or how about Sunday breakfast in the sit down restaurant?
That is what started all the talk about the Character breakfast. Folks don't want to miss it!:upsidedow
Everyone let's get those thinking caps on. I would like to meet everyone early in the cruise so that we can say Hi etc. all week. And anyone who has kids near the same ages would be able to see if the kids can meet too! (I think it would make the kids more comfortable all week to have some "DIS friends".
I keep reading about all those other DIS cruise meets and they sound like fun!:cool2: :grouphug:

dvcspain
05-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Hello!
well, it's ok on sunday but how are we going to know each other? and can they prepare a table for us?

it would be nice at the sit down restaurant.

amgpmg
05-12-2004, 06:52 PM
Boy, I am gone for a couple of days and this board is on fire! Lots of posts to catch up on.

Aaronamy, my DS will be 8 on the cruise, but gets along well with olders kids. Maybe they can meet up. I think they would be in the same age group fo the kids club. Not sure though.

Welcome cathyscrapper & fredascrapper!

Scrapperjill, count me in on the picture share! I would love to get and share pics from different points of view on the cruise!! The more pics to scrap the better. My daughter will be just shy of 5 when we sail. She too can be sometimes shy, but comes out of her shell on her own once she observes the situation she is in and then there is no stopping her! She can be very chatty! We talked about the cruise and the kids club alot before we went in January 2003 and printed the navigators for the clubs so that she can see what they did. I think this helped her to understand what was going on.

Kathy

NancyDVC
05-12-2004, 08:50 PM
dvcspain-most often DISrs recognize each other by wearing lime green ribbon (or other lime green things such as lanyards, name tags etc.) [I always seem to have trouble finding lime green ribbon when I am looking for something for a DIS meet.]
I have read on other posts about DIS meets where folks wore name tags made from paper, the Disney paint chips (lime green of course) from Home Depot etc.
Any suggestions? :scratchin
Who here is a veteran DCL cruiser? Can we request a large table at whatever restaurant is serving breakfast on Sunday?
:scratchin :confused:

Get those thinking caps on. Remember we have less than 4 months to go!:laughing:

cathyscrapper
05-12-2004, 10:16 PM
DVCSPAIN

Just wondering where in Spain you are from? My husband has family in Barcelona. He has been to Spain to visit them. I am looking forward to someday.

Cathy

dvcspain
05-13-2004, 04:20 PM
we are living at Zaragoza,near of barcelona but i'm from the south of spain,Andalusia,from Cordoba.

amgpmg
05-13-2004, 09:21 PM
Attached is a link I found regarding the character breakfast. It looks like, depending on your dining rotation the breakfast is held on Sunday, Monday or Thursday either at 8:00 or 9:30.

http://www.dcltribute.com/faq/charactermeal.htm

It looks like maybe Saturday before the sailaway party might be a better time after all. Oh well, we have some time to decide. Maybe we can find a time that works well for the majority, or better for all of us, before we sail. I would really like to meet everyone!

Kathy

scrapperjill
05-15-2004, 01:06 AM
I was reading some place that there are meeting rooms on board the ship that can be used for meetings, I think somehow they have to be reserved ahead of time (not sure how long ahead of time). That may be a place for the dis meet??? If I 'm thinking of the right thing...on another post on the dis board someone called ahead to have "roomservice" type item brought to the designated meeting place...I beleive that one was on a deck ...but it may work for the board/meeting rooms.

I to would like to have the meet early in the cruise so we can put faces to names and know a few people on the ship. I'm thinking maybe Saturday evening some time may be best. After the sail away party might be a good time. (First time cruiser here...so I don't have any experience on the timeing of any events)...I wouldn't want to miss the actuall sailing away from port.

Do they do the shows and things on Saturday night?

aaronamy: Have you tryed the Mickey raidos? If not you may want to give them a try befor going on the trip...We purchased the "princess" models...looks just like the Mickey ones except they are pink with the princess voices..I think they are made by the same company. Anyway...ours did not work..at all. I don't know if it was just the pair we had or what...but it wouldn't pick up a signal...we were able to use our motorolas and get through on the princess ones but we couldn't get from the princess ones to the motorolas...nor from princess to princess. I'm not saying yours won't work...just that you may want to give them a try now to make sure.

I'll put my thinking cap on for ideas on how we can reconize one another. ...I don't think the dis lanyards are to $$$. And we could make name tags to hang on the clip???

amgpmg
05-15-2004, 02:57 PM
I think meeting after the sailaway party might cut it close for the people with early dining. I am not sure if they have a show the first night on the seven day.

What dining times does everyone have? Maybe this will help us to organize something better. We have early dining, however are thinking about changing it to late seating. Sounds crazy, I know, but I am thinking that having early seating might mean we are doing more running around at the ports trying to get back early enough to eat. What does everyone else think? Please help me to make my decision!!! My head is spinning with all of these decisions to make!

Scrapperjill, I was thinking of the Lanyards too. And they would be useful anyways for our KTTW cards.

scrapperjill
05-16-2004, 03:06 PM
Does anyone know what the time schedule is for the sail away and the boat drill??

I've heard of a few meet either before the boat drill or right befor the sail away party.

Befor the boat drill sounded like it worked well for others.... and one group sailing this months is planning a meeting back on the secret deck 7 area. Another idea is around the pool...so the kids would all have something to do...what kids wouldn't want to jump in and start swimming right away.

Well just some ideas....

cathyscrapper
05-16-2004, 05:06 PM
dvcspain
Your English is quite good. Where did you study? Conocemos un pequito espanol para viviendo en florida.

scrapperjill
Anyway, looking forward to meeting you all. I really am no help for when and where as a first time cruiser. I'm sure if we just decide on something we will all try to be there. How fun to meet so many people at one time! We (fredascrapper and I) would also love to share pictures and scrap ideas with you. Hey how come you have less time on your clock than everyone else? Are you sneaking in a quick trip to the Disney? How lucky if you are!

Cathy

We are

scrapperjill
05-17-2004, 05:28 AM
Yes we will be sneeking in a week at WDW befor the week on the ship, thanks to the Wishing Star Foundation. Our youngest daughter was granted the wish last summer. We have been working with the wish group for about a year now planning and selecting the dates, and now that it's just a few months away it's getting more and more real.

I was just looking through my notes and found a time line for the first day....From the looks of it from the time everyone board the ship until 4:00 these things may need to be done.
1) eat lunch
2) make any reservations for Palos and/or the spa...and make plans/reservations at Flounders Reef for kids under 3
3) make off shore excursion plans if not done already. This can be done ahead of time...to save more time on the first day and decrease the first day rush around.
4)Register for kids programs/clubs (which can be later in the day also)

At 4:00 the boat drill begins which is schedulled to last from 15-30 min. Then from 4:30-6:00 is sail away party, getting ready for dinner/show and/or exploring the ship time.

I don't know...but I'd say some time between 3:00 and 3:30 may be an ok time to start the meet? Does anyone know how long the meets usually last?? I wouldn't think any longer than 30-45 min....just to meet...we have the rest of the week to see more of one another.
Please keep in mind...these are just thoughts/ideas.

Also noted is the lunch buffet closes at 3:30 and all ships services are stopped/suspended from 3:30-4:30.

scrapperjill
05-17-2004, 05:38 AM
Oh I also wanted to add...I'm excited about the photo swapping...Not sure what kind of media/cameras everyone uses but I use both 35 mm and digital. I'm planning on mainly using the digital...which will make it easy to do a photo swap (just burn them to a disk and mail it off)...but then again the 35mm can be put on a disk also...so either way they will both be easy. :) :)

amgpmg
05-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Scrapperjill - I am beginning to think that between 3:00 & 3:30 on Saturday will probably be the best time for most of us to meet early on in the cruise. Even if for only a short period of time. We can always schedule another time maybe on the day at sea. I was kind of looking at some other dismeets to see what they were doing and it looks like that is what some others are doing. We have some time to decide still. Less than 4 months :sunny: YEAH!!

By the way, I use mostly digital, however may bring my 35mm for some indoor photos. I too am looking forward to the swap. It should be alot of fun.

tinkerbell710
05-19-2004, 12:50 PM
hi, my mom is fredascrapper, i cant wait till the cruise!!! -bye-:bored: :hyper:

tinkerbell710
05-19-2004, 12:50 PM
hi, my mom is fredascrapper, i cant wait till the cruise!!! -bye-:bored: :hyper:

amgpmg
05-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Hi Tinkerbell710! Welcome to our group!:sunny:

NancyDVC
05-19-2004, 09:50 PM
ooooh. It's getting closer.
Hmm photos swap sounds interesting.:scratchin I just bought a simple point and shoot digital camera. (I think that I got jealous of everyone who could post photos here or somewhere else online.) I am still learning to use it so I will bring my point and shoot 35 mm camera as well. And maybe my big SLR too. (I tend to overpack a lot!)

Now to serious business. We have the early seating for dinner as well. My Mom can't eat late. A 3:00-3:30 meet sounds good to me. A quick get to see everyone and put names to faces would work well. And as amgpmg says we can decide on another meet for later in the cruise. Or folks can link up as they want to.:fish: :hyper2:

scrapperjill
05-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Yep...I think a quick 30-45 min hello meet on the first afternoon would be good...put a face to names..then have a longer meet later in the week. Maybe lunch or brunch on a day at sea.

So what is everyone up to cruise wise?? We have just started thinking about port days and what we would like to do. Has anyone done any of the excursions before?? How about...anyone have any ideas of must do excursions..or sites that are not to be missed?

I also had a question about packing...I know I've got some time...but I'm a planner (can you tell). I've looked over suggested lists and they all look SO BIG...I can't see how in the world I'm going to get everything to fit in our bags. I mean formal wear, semi formal wear, shoes, swim gear, rain gear, day wear, evening/dinner wear...the list goes on and on. I really don't want to over pack (I always do)...but I also want to make sure I remember everything I'll need. And I don't want to miss out on things like semi-formal or formal night just to save space...and I for sure don't want to spend any cruise time in the laundry room...I get plenty of that at home...and will get more than my fill when we get back from the curise....
So does anyone have any packing ideas or tips?

dvcspain
05-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Hello to everybody!!!

Hello Cathy!!! i studied english at school and high school but we can practice both lenguages!!!!!

i think at 3 it would be a good time to meet,let's see!!!!!:bounce:

natale1980
05-21-2004, 08:14 PM
I CAN'T WAIT!!!
I just came back from Disney World... and now I want to go even more...... although the Drive did take 19 hours... so I guess I can wait 100 days to do it again!!!
I'm real worried about the whole packing thing also... I don't want to miss out on the fun nights... like I heard they do a 70's night... hummm.... we better rent a trailer :teeth:

scrapperjill
05-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Yea..I was wondering about the 70's and 80's nights also...along with the other theme dinners....how in the world do we pack for everything???

NancyDVC
05-24-2004, 08:26 PM
Packing? Packing? I have no clue what to pack. I have read the 'All the Best Tips in One Place' post and it scares me. I may need an extra suitcase for the 'essentials' that it mentions.
And then the best tip of all is to pack less!
Great, how do I pack less, take my daytime clothes, my evening clothes and all the 'suggested' extra essentials and still get the bag on the plane without having to pay for an overweight bag?
Maybe I should move to Florida now to assemble my bag and all the 'essentials' and get ready for the cruise that way? :hyper: :rotfl: Okay then I will just have to downsize, plan and not get too obsessive about it!

amgpmg
05-26-2004, 10:29 PM
UGH! I don't even want to think about packing. I always overpack. I am actually thinking about renting a tux for my DH through cruiseformals. That way it will be one less big item to pack. I too do not want to be doing laundry on board.

We are starting to look at excursions and I know that we want to do the swim with the stingrays, but am not too sure as to what else to do. Gives me more of a reason to search the boards:D .

I hope my kids will go in the club the night of 70/80s night. Last year I missed it because my DD was too tired. This year I plan on going! Maybe I will need to search through my boxes - I bet I have some original 80s clothes for the night! Oops, I am showing my age! LOL! Oh what fun it will be!!

:rockband:

Kathy

cathyscrapper
05-27-2004, 12:25 PM
scrapperjill
How wonderful for your daughter and family to have a wish granted! Is this similar to the Make a Wish Foundation? How old is your daughter? How great to be able to combine the two trips to make one long vacation.

We are looking forward to meeting everyone. It sounds like 3:00 will be the best time before everyone gets too busy on the first day.

Packing? The lists go on and on if you look at all that is needed. I just want to throw on shorts and a bathingsuit all the time. I guess I'll have to pack more than that LOL!

As far as picture swapping I use an automatic 35mm but have a new digital so I will probably bring both. Already collecting scrap stuff related to beach, water and ships. Can't wait to do some of that scrapping.

dvcspain
Hola!

scrapperjill
05-28-2004, 05:33 AM
Cathyscrapper...Her wish was granted through the Wishing Star Foundation..which is a wish granting foundation like Make a Wish. The Wishing star foundation grants wishes of kids in the Northwest. Where Make a Wish is nation wide (i beleive). Same concept...and pertty much same rules...but a smaller foundation than Make a Wish...

She (my daughter) is turning 6 today:D :D . She is sooo excited...giggling all day yesterday...and telling everyone she met that her birthday is comming. The only thing she has told me that she wants is "princess" stuff. Anything and everything princess.

I can't wait to pick her up at school today..(she is in Kindergarten and goes half day)..I'm having balloons delivered to her school ...of course princess balloons..and a big snow white princess pillow...I think she'll love it. Currently I'm in the middle of baking cupcakes for the class (2:15am)...don't think I'll be done until its time to start getting her ready for school. To make matters worse..I'm making double the cupcakes for my older daughters class also...her birthday is Monday:D And yes she is also getting balloons (tinkerbell) sent to school but no princess pillow....she's going to be 11 so I didn't think she would care much for a big stuffed princess being delivered to her. But hey I could be totally wrong...if so I'll hear about it after school.

I can't wait for the picture swapping to start...I love looking through peoples posts with photos of their trip...So it will be great getting dozens of diffent views of the whole trip.

Well I better go start frosting.:wave:

amgpmg
05-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Scrapperjill - I wish your daughters a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! That is such a great idea to have balloons sent to the school. It will really make them feel special.

:bday:

I am soo excited about the picture swap also! As we get closer to the cruise, maybe we should post pics of our families so that we will be able to recognize each other when we have our dismeet.

Have a wonderful long weekend everyone!

Kathy

NancyDVC
05-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Scrapperjill_Happy Birthday to your daughter! I hope that it is a very 'princess' one.

My best friend watched "Keeping up Appearances" on PBS last night. It was the episode where they went on the QE2. Now my friend says that she is not taking as many clothes as Mrs. Bucket did! (Mrs. Bucket changed her clothes about 6 times before she left the cabin the first time!

I am trying to learn how to use my digital camera so that I can share pictures with all of you. So far I am doing okay with taking the pictures but still have to learn how to download them to my computer. :smooth:
I am still having a dilemma about what to pack. What clothes should I take? What 'essentials'? Maybe I just worry too much.
These boards keep me sane. :upsidedow

Have a great weekend!

inluvwithpluto
05-30-2004, 09:19 AM
First cruise for us! Just me(mom) andy my son (9). We Leave 9/11 too!
Any comments on excursions??

scrapperjill
05-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Welcome inluvwithpluto..

We are in the process of researching excursions now. I'm thinking of booking on my own to save $$ and because my oldest daughter is turning 11 tomarrow therefor she would be charged the adult rate per disney standard. From what I understand we can save quite a bit just with that alone.

Packing....that has me totaly lost. I am trying to decide if we have enough luggage or may need to look into getting one more. Currently we have...each girl has a hardside carry-on size suitecase..dh also has one carry-on size suitcase...and I have one carry-on size and one lager size suitecase. I just wonder with formal wear, semi formal wear, swim gear, sleep wear, lounge wear, dinner wear...for the four of us if it will be enough space...not to mention we will be bringing our own snorkle gear...and all the other MUST bring items like sun screan and duct tape :D lol. That's not even taking into consideration if we want to lug pop, beer, or water aboard.

I think we need to to a trial run of packing to decide if it will fit or not...that way we will be able to have time to find another bag if needed.

Since we are going to WDW the week before we will be packing for that week also. We will defintly be doing a round of laundry between places but I'm sure there are things we will need there that won't be needed on the curise and same the other way (like the snorkle gear) And since were doing Disney first I think we will be bringing a stroller also....I need to find out if GKTW has strollers available for all families or if it is limited....that could save some space.

Well I've got house work to do...have puppies to clean up after...it's just so much funner planning and researching cruise info.

amgpmg
05-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Welcome inlovewithpluto! We are just starting to look into excusions and have only decided on the swim with the stingrays so far. We have not booked anything yet, but will probably go with Captain Marvins. I have heard alot of good things about them from these boards. Now for what else to do?

Decisions! Decisions! Thank goodness for these boards!!

Kathy

HookedonMagic
06-01-2004, 11:17 AM
Hey Everyone!

All of your planning is putting me to shame! I haven't even given a thought to excursions or packing, yet! :earseek:

Sounds like lots of good ideas for a cruise meet. We did a DIS meet on our 2001 cruise...we all wore green ribbons...we ended up meeting almost everyone in the terminal, at the spa reservations line or at Palo. By the time we got to our official meet (at 3:30 on Saturday), we all "knew" each other already!:teeth: My daughter, 11 at the time, met a friend that first day that she hung with the entire cruise. In fact, she and Kaitlyn correspond by email to this day. It was really great for both of them.

Just thought I'd check in...I see by the countdown clocks that we're less than 100 days. Cool!

Lisa

ldb1030
06-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Welcome inluvwithpluto :wave2:

Wish I had more time to think about packing and excursions!!!
Just too busy right now!:sad2:

It will be final payment time soon also!!!

scrapperjill
06-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Just had to stop in to check the count down timmer :) Looks like we are under 100 days...:Pinkbounc :bounce: :tongue: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Yeepyyy
:hyper:

amgpmg
06-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Yahoo! I finally fixed my timer to reflect our arrival to Orlando on the 10th and now I am under 100 days!!! YEAH!!!

HookedonMagic
06-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Has anyone purchased the REAS package? Can I purchase the package directly through DCL even though I am booked with a TA? My original TA has left the agency and my replacement TA has NO personality. She isn't familiar with REAS and doesn't want to bother adding it to my package (I'll be giving her a lot of business in the future!;) ) Any tips are appreciated.

Lisa

inluvwithpluto
06-04-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey ,
me and my son(9) will be on it. I"m glad I'm not the only one that chose the 9/11 cruise! I was haveing 2nd thoughts about the date! It's our first disney cruise!
We are going to be staying at the radisson oceanfront in melbourne, the radisson at the port is all booked! see Ya there!

scrapperjill
06-07-2004, 03:59 AM
Welcome...inluvwithpluto. This is our (DH,DD11,DD6 and myself) first crusie also...and were getting more and more excited as the days get closer.:teeth:

Hookedonmagic...I was also looking into the REAS package. When I went to check it out at the TA's the TA who I have been working with was out (her daughter had twins)...The stand in TA had no clue of what the package was..needless to say when I went back the next week to talk to my TA she also had no clue of what it was. After letting her in on the package and what you got she thought it was pertty cool...anyway back to your question on booking it on your own...I'd just call DCL and ask them....the worse thing is they'd say no. I'd like to know if you you find out.

ldb1030
06-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Just booked our group of 7 on the 1/2 day Stingray trip with Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman!!!:hyper:

NOW, I'm getting REALLY excited!!!::yes::

amgpmg
06-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Wow! I better get booking my excursions too! All I have been doing is looking. We are thinking of doing the morning Captain Marvins. I would like to have the afternoon to do some shopping! It is coming fast (but not fast enough).

Anyone else book any excursions?

Kathy

scrapperjill
06-17-2004, 05:19 AM
We haven't booked any yet...but have spent alot of time looking. Does anyone know...if you book through other groups...other than DCL, do you have to pay up front...or day of excursion?? We too we looking at the Cap. Marvins 1/2 day..or some of their other options....they have quite a few. I would really like to do the stingray city and two snorkel/reef trip drop the kids back at the ship then do the wreck and reef excruion...but I don't think the timming would work...I'm afraid we wouldn't get back to the ship in time.

We have also thought of doing things on our own...w/o a lot of planning...not to sure if I like that idea to well...I like to know whats going on and what options there are.

I saw a post on the electric cars, and are thinking of doing that.

There is just to much to choose from.

aaronamy
06-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Welcome inluvwithpluto! My DS is 10 and their is also an 8 year old boy on our cruise. My son was starting to worry that there wouldn't be any boys. Im finally starting to get a few things done. I have my rental car booked, my hotel for both ends of the trip and 1/2 day with Capt. Marvins:teeth: Yippeeeee!!!! I think a quick dis meet at the pool around 3 or 3:30 would be great, just to put faces and names together. That way the kids could play and meet other kids too.

cali4niacruisin
06-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Hi. We will be joing you on the Sept. 11th Western. It will be me, Erin, my DH, Todd, and our DD, Kambria. Kambria will be almost 4 at the time of sailing. We would love to find some friends for her to look forward to meeting and playing with onboard. This will be our first Cruise as a family and we are very excitied. We will be spending 3 days at WDW prior to cruising. Can't Wait!

::MinnieMo Erin ::MickeyMo Todd :rose: Kambria (almost 4)

scrapperjill
06-20-2004, 08:28 PM
Welcome...cali4niacruisin. We (DH, DD11, DD6 and myself) will also be spending some time at WDW before the trip:D . We are also hoping to find someone for our DD Sydney, who just turned 6 to play with. I am thinking they (your daughter and mine) would be in the same kids club group.

We are arriving in Orlando on Sept 5th, and spending the week at WDW, SW and US. This is also our first trip to both...the Orlando area (WDW, SW, and US) and crusing.

We (I'm) getting sooo excited.

Not much longer now:tongue:

ldb1030
06-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Welcome cali4niacruisin:wave:

My nephew, Will, will be a month away from turning 4 at the time of the cruise!:! ::yes::
He's VERY excited :hyper: about going on Mickey's boat again!!!::yes::

cali4niacruisin
06-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Kambria (DD4) has been asking me if I've found any friends for her on Mickey's Boat.

scrapperjill: I will tell her about your DD. They will be in different age groupings on the boat, but I don't know if there are times when the 3-4 y/o group and 5-7 y/o group interact.

Does anyone know how that aspect of the kids' club works?

ldb1030: I will also tell Kambria about your nephew, Will, they will definately be in the same age grouping.

Hunter'sMama
06-21-2004, 11:54 AM
I haven't started packing yet but I have started buying some new clothes. My husband thinks I'm crazy but I've explained that if I wait too long, all the summer clothes will be gone. I still have a number of outfits to buy for myself and a few more for my son but I'm planning a shopping trip this week.

Question: I'm trying to decide what to buy for the semi- & formal evenings. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sarah

natale1980
06-22-2004, 09:27 PM
START SHOPPING!!!! :hyper:

I was in the mall yesterday and saw fall/winter clothes already out!!!

I can't wait!!!! It will be here before we know it.

Hunter'sMama
06-23-2004, 02:16 PM
Tell me about it! It's nice to be able to purchase summer clothing for the cruise at sale prices, but with fall/winter clothing already out, it makes it more difficult to find what I need. I'm doing a lot of shopping online and am keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will prove to be a successful shopping day.

natale1980
06-24-2004, 06:13 PM
:eek: Just made our last payment... it's nice to not have to think about it anymore... but eeekkk..... no more money left..... now we have to save up for money to spend on the trip! :earseek:

cathyscrapper
06-24-2004, 06:24 PM
My DS3 will be one month shy of 4 when we cruise also! He is looking for friends on Mickey's boat too.

Shopping is a must now. Husbands just don't understand the process of fall/winter clothes coming out in July. We got the aloha mickey outfits at the Disney store on sale (50% off). Just couldn't resist them for the whole family.

Our friends that are joining us got the light blue family outfits from the disney catalog. We should look cute all together (or geeky) whatever, it will be fun! Can't wait!:Pinkbounc

Cathy

scrapperjill
06-24-2004, 10:40 PM
I guess we will be joining you and your friends in the "geeky" vs
"cute" club...because we also go the light blue outfits from the disney catalog:teeth: . Not to sure about them..I don't really care for the shade of blue.....I haven't seen the ones at the disney store (we don't have a store near us:( ). Other than the things from the disney catalog...I haven't given much thought about buying other clothes. But I have been trying to get all the little things that really add up fast...done now...you know things like...film, batteries, shampoo, zip locks...the list goes on and on so I'm glad I have that just about finished. I guess I should think of what clothes we have and what we may need...and start watching for sales.

Anybody have any new shore plans yet? We are trying to decide what to do in Cozumel and Key West.

amgpmg
06-24-2004, 11:50 PM
Welcome Cali4niacruisin! My DD (Peyton) will be one month shy of 5 when we cruise and my DS (Anthony) will have just turned 8 three days prior to cruisin'. I am not sure which club I will have Peyton in - as I can decide between the younger or older group since she will only be a month from the older age group. But they do have some times when they are all together. More at night time when they watch movies. Also, it would be nice to get together at the pool sometime. I am still researching for excursions, but have not done much lately. We are leaving for Disneyworld in 2 weeks so I have been spending time planning for that trip. We have been there several times and are taking my 3 nefews (ages 7,9 & 12) with us this time. It will be the first time for all of them. I am so excited to see their reactions to the parks! I will most definitely be ready for this cruise after I get back with 5 kids!!!

Kathy

Kathy:earsgirl: Jim:earsboy: Anthony::MickeyMo peyton::MinnieMo

cali4niacruisin
06-25-2004, 10:34 AM
Hi amgpmg! Kambria's face lit up when I told her about Peyton. Kambria is really into playing with her friends and making new friends when we go places. She is excited about being on Mickey's Boat, but the friend factor is high on her list of priorities for the vacation. We are spending a few days at WDW before the cruise. We would appreciate any suggestions of must sees or things your kids really like.

We are all getting really excited and anxious to go. Probably my DH and I more than Kambria. I have been reading posts about people shopping for Summer clothes for the cruise and had been thinking I was all set. But then yesterday I was shopping and found a few things that I thought would be great for the cruise. Any excuse to shop I guess!

Erin::MinnieMo Todd ::MickeyMo and Kambria :rose:

Hunter'sMama
06-25-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by cali4niacruisin
I have been reading posts about people shopping for Summer clothes for the cruise and had been thinking I was all set. But then yesterday I was shopping and found a few things that I thought would be great for the cruise. Any excuse to shop I guess!

That's the truth! I'm sure we all have summer clothes that are fine for cruising but it's wonderful to have NEW clothes! I was up until 12:30 last night shopping online. I ordered my formal and semiformals dresses from Nordstrom and some nice dinner outfits for my son from Baby Gap. Just can't wait!

Take care all!
Sarah

NancyDVC
06-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Hello All!
I'm just getting back online after my hard drive died completely. Thank goodness for my 'puter guy. He got me up and running with a new hard drive. (Now I just have to finish reinstalling all my software.
The past 2+ weeks without the DISboards or the internet have been strange. And with all my stress at work I really need the 'downtime/stress relief that I get here.

Some of you have booked excursions already? Oh my I am really falling behind. I just don't know what I would like to do. :rolleyes:
Ah well I guess I better get working on it.
Now have we decided when and where to hold a meet? I am busy trying to find lime green ribbon. (Why is it when I look for a particular color ribbon the stores are always out of it? If I look for Christmas ribbon they have lime green, if I look for spring colors they have fall ones, if I look for fall colors they have Christmas. I must be out of sync!)

scrapperjill
06-27-2004, 01:12 AM
Last I heard about a meet...was around 3-3:30ish just before the life boat drill. For a quick meet...just to say hi and put some names to faces....place hadn't been decided as far as I know..but some suggestions were around the family pool, or the secret deck on 7. Another idea may be right after to boat drill, before the sail-a-way party mid ship on deck 9...or 10...just in time to see/be at the sail a way...but thay may cut into peoples getting ready for dinner time...From the sounds of it before the boat drill was a good time for almost everyone intrested....so far.

The day's seem to be flying by now....Just booked our first shore excursion. Went with Captin Marvins 1/2 day:D ....Now what to do with the other stops...and the rest of the day in Grand Cayman.

cali4niacruisin
06-30-2004, 10:46 AM
Our Home Depot has lots of the Alien Green Mickey Paint Chips. If anyone is having trouble finding them you can PM me and we'll hook you up.

natale1980
07-01-2004, 10:15 AM
:confused: Paint chips? I thought we were getting green ribbon?

so confused.....

cali4niacruisin
07-01-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by natale1980
:confused: Paint chips? I thought we were getting green ribbon?

so confused.....

Nat-

I did see that NancyDVC was looking for green ribbon. I was thinking of using the Mickey Head paint chips on our stateroom door. I've read (I'm not sure if on this thread or a different one) that sometimes people's Home Depot are out of the Alien Green. So I was just letting everyone know that I had some extra. Hope that clears that up.

Erin:D

4Sedgs
07-02-2004, 12:36 PM
We're first time cruisers.

2 Adults
Boy - 12
Boy - 7

We can't wait!

:fish:

cali4niacruisin
07-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Welcome 4Sedgs! We are first time cruisers too. We are counting the days!

Erin

scrapperjill
07-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Welcome 4sedgs. We are also first time cruisers. DH, DD6, DD11 and myself :D We can't wait to step into the terminal and head down towards to ship.:)

HookedonMagic
07-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Hello! I just felt an urge to check my countdown clock! :teeth: We're getting close, now.

Welcome to our new cruisers! Our group is really growing.:p

How's the shopping? I've made a few purchases...I really enjoy taking advantage of the summer sales! My husband is not sure why I NEED so many new things, but he's smart...he's just going with it.;)

I haven't booked any excursions,yet, but I'm at least thinking about booking them! For Grand Cayman, I plan to either book Stingray City through Nativeway or take Disney's excursion to Rumpoint. We've been to 7 mile beach several times...it is very nice but time for a change. I need advice for Cozumel. Anyone familiar with a good snorkle trip? I have no idea what to do in Key West...considering a sunset sail, but hate to miss dinner!:sunny: Oh well, decisions, decisions.

Happy 4th of July!:cheer2:

4Sedgs
07-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

This is my first discussion forum and first cruise. I've been trying to get information to decide on the excursions so that my DS7 and DS12 can enjoy the vacation as much as myself and DH! That's how I found the role call.

amgpmg
07-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Welcome 4sedgs! My DS (Anthony) is going to be 8 when we sail and will be happy to know that there is another boy his age to play with. We have not planned any excursions yet, but are planning on doing the Swim with the Stingrays.

Happy 4th of July Everyone!!

Kathy

fatocow
07-04-2004, 04:18 PM
hi im goin on my 2nd 7day but this time i wanted to meet people first im going with my dad-35
stepmom-30
grandma-56
brother-13
sisther-15
me-11 right no but ill be 12 on aug 29, :bounce: :Pinkbounc

fatocow
07-04-2004, 04:34 PM
oh yah happy 4th of july

trekkie518
07-04-2004, 05:16 PM
Hi everybody,
I see my son beat me to posting, that's what I get for setting up his account first. :teeth:This will be my DH and my 3rd cruise, and the kids 2nd. We've done a 4 day back in January of '91, and a 7 day eastern in October of 2002. Can't wait to get back on the Magic. We've got 2 connecting Cat. 7 rooms (I love the navigator's veranda). We've had the countdown going for quite a while, almost 2 years. Can't believe it's finally this close.

Angie

Happy 4th of July everyone

fatocow
07-05-2004, 10:46 AM
yah it so close:bounce:can't wait :bounce: goin crazy:crazy:

amgpmg
07-05-2004, 05:31 PM
Welcome Fatocow & Trekkie518. WOW!! I cannot believe it is almost two months away! Time is going so fast.

Kathy

4Sedgs
07-05-2004, 09:09 PM
I went shopping for the family this weekend. I'm whipping everyone into a frenzy (mostly me!). I can't decide on excursions except for Stingray City like everyone else. Does anyone have ideas that would be fun for all - DW, DH, DS12 and DS7? I think I have decided to add a Romance at Sea package for myself and DH.

amgpmg (Kathy) - I'm sure Jarod (DS7) would love to meet Anthony. I hopefully have made all the arrangements to get him moved up into the 8-12 group. He's not exactly the dress up pirate type. I don't think the group has decided on a meeting place and time, but we'll definately get them together.

Back to work tomorrow!

Marti (DW), Brad (DH), Jay (DS12) and Jarod (DS7)

amgpmg
07-05-2004, 10:51 PM
4sedgs, we are planning a dismeet (informal) around 3:00 on the first day. I think it was going to be by the Mickey pool. Most people will probably head that way after making their ressies and having lunch. The kids will all be able the meet each other at that time. I think then we could all maybe plan a larger meet for a different day. Maybe a day at sea. We could chat more as it gets closer. Are you planning the swim with the stingrays for a half day excursion or just a few hours. I cannot decide. Would like to do the half day, but also want some time to shop without feeling rushed to get back on the ship - My DH will rush me enough, I don't need the added pressure! :D

Kathy

scrapperjill
07-06-2004, 05:37 AM
amgpmg .... we booked the half day excursion through captin marvins....we also couldn't decided from the shorter excursion or half day...but have decided on the half day...I don't think it is really that long...and from the looks of it we will still have a few hours to do some shopping or beach time....I want to say it's only 3 hours??? We ended up picking the half day...because it has the stingray city stop...along with two other snorkel stops...where the shorter one only had the Sting ray stop and one other reef stop.

We went and did a little shopping today. Trying to find quick dry clothes (shorts). Lots to choose from...but really didn't find any that I couldn't do with out. Were trying to find the quick dry stuff...since were going to WDW, SW and US first. We went to SW in Califorina years ago...and I made the mistake of wearing jean shorts....ended up getting soaked by Shamu...Let me tell you...even when its HOT...it get down right miserable in wet jean shorts...they don't dry!

4Sedgs
07-06-2004, 09:34 AM
Scrapperjill - there are plenty of opportunities to get wet at US also. We did the quick dry shorts for WD and US in April, but forgot about the shoes. All of us had to finish the day with soaked tennis shoes after Bluto's river ride. Now I know why they sell beach towels and flip flops at the end of these rides. Just in case we weren't wet enough, every little kid that wasn't on the ride with us soaked us with water cannons from Olive Oil's ship as we rode by in the river raft! You'll love Orlando in September. The lines are very short. We love WD, SW, and US after school starts. It's probably not my best feature to take my kids out of school for vacation, but there's worse vices.

I went shopping yesterday and didn't see anything I was wild about, but it could be that I went with DH45 and he took all the joy out of it. He was much happier when I told him that he could go to Barnes & Noble and I would finish up without him.

Marti

:crazy:

ldb1030
07-06-2004, 11:14 AM
Trekkie518- I LOVE the navigators verandah also! I have one sister on one side of me in one and the other sister on the other side of me in a cat. 6!
I'm getting SO anxious!:tongue:

What the heck happened to everyones countdown clock???:confused:

aaronamy
07-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone new out there!!! I just got my e-mail telling me my final payment will be due next week:teeth: I don't know why I'm so happy to pay all that money but I am:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc As far as shopping I keep thinking all the big sales should be starting soon so I'm trying to hold off. I'm not sure who had the idea for paint chip mickeys but I think that is such a great idea for name tags at the Dis meet. Im sure it will not be easy to spot everyone in our group without something to help us recognize each other:sunny: :

amgpmg
07-06-2004, 10:25 PM
I made my final payment yesterday! :tongue: YEAH!!! I have been shopping for WDW next week, and could use what I bought for the cruise also. I will just need to get some dinner clothes too. The green mickey paint chips are a great idea. I'll need to go to Home Depot to pick mine up.

Kathy

amgpmg
07-06-2004, 10:51 PM
I saw this on another thread and was wondering if you all would like to do this too. I would get the list together and update as we get more joining us. I could email it to everyone as it is updated:

If you are all willing, I would like to make up a cruisers list and send it out to all before we cruise. You could send as much or as little info as you want. For those of you that like this idea, please provide your:

names (and Dis ID's) of your group
ages of your group (probably just the young'uns... although at Disney, everyone can be a kid again)
cabin number
dinner seating
email address

Also, just to break the ice or a conversation piece when we all meet, something that you enjoy doing (keep it clean ;) ), or your favorite memory or ride in Disney. You can email me at LV2SHP13@aol.com.

Let me know what you all think.

Kathy

cali4niacruisin
07-07-2004, 12:14 AM
Kathy,

I'm in for a 'cruisers list'. I will email you our info tomorrow when I will hopefully be less tired :o .

Good Night,

Erin

aaronamy
07-07-2004, 07:07 AM
Kathy, that is a great idea! Thanks so much. :earsgirl:

aaronamy
07-07-2004, 09:02 AM
I e-mailed my info to you Kathy!:p I am making my 100 post so hello to all my fellow Sep.11 cruisers:wave2: I can't belive its only 2 months away!

4Sedgs
07-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Kathy, I'll email you our info this evening when I have access to our room number! Thanks for volunteering.

This forum has already provided a friend for DS12! He's very excited about going but as a "tweener" was afraid he'd be too big for the kids group and too young for the teens scene!

Our last cruise payment is due this week also!

Why does everyone's countdown clocks say something a little different?

Marti

:flower1:

ldb1030
07-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Just made my final payment!!!:goodvibes

Now I need to keep working on the spending money!:scared:

cali4niacruisin
07-07-2004, 11:45 AM
quote:

Our clock is set to the day our vacation starts which is the Tuesday before the cruise. HTH.

We made our final payment on Tuesday, although it will be awhile till we get the credit card bill so we haven't really felt it yet. Must mean we are getting close!!!:bounce:

Erin

scrapperjill
07-07-2004, 04:41 PM
quote:

Ours is set for the Saturday before the cruise..bucause thats when our vacation starts.

I sure am missing my count down clock. I hope they hurry up and get them back on the boards....I think they said they should be up and running by tomarrow:rolleyes:

Lisa SB
07-09-2004, 08:20 AM
:wave2: Hi everyone! I am very new at this - first time disney cruiser. I am a single mom with 6yr old girl/boy twins traveling on 9/11 cruise. Can anyone tell me if there is a special dress code at night for dinner? Is there a formal night?

Also - concerned that my cabin is on deck 2 and worried about it being noisy with the club above me - anyone heard of any problems? Thanks! Look forward to seeing and meeting people!

HookedonMagic
07-09-2004, 01:28 PM
Hello Lisa, SB! Welcome aboard!:earsboy:

The dress code for dinner varies by night. There is one formal night, one semi-formal night, and five casual nights (one of those is tropical night!) Your cruise documents should better define what the dress codes mean and you can do a search on this board. People debate all of the time about what you should/should not wear to dinner.

We've sailed on deck 2...we had the same worries as you about noise, but were pleasantly surprised. In fact, deck 2 turned out to be a great location...you have easy access to deck 1 for getting on/off the ship in port, plus you are an easy walk to decks 3 and 4 where the dining rooms and theater are located. Also, there is a laundry facility on deck 2 which can come in handy when travelling with kids.:crazy:

aaronamy
07-09-2004, 02:23 PM
welcome Lisa SB!:wave2: We are on deck 2 also. We were on deck 2 last time and really liked it. It was very quite and quick to get off the ship. We thought about getting a verandah but I'm always thinking about my next trip and so I like to economize. Besides I'm afraid if I ever did I'd have to have it everytime:)

tammyh
07-09-2004, 03:04 PM
I just wanted to say that I'll be joining all of you on 9/11. We will be bringing our almost 3 yr old twins with us on our first vacation since they were born. Wish us luck. We'll be flying cross-country (Calif), spending the night and boarding the next day. We figured it had been so long since we've taken a vacation that we'd go the distance and have a blast.

cali4niacruisin
07-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by tammyh
I just wanted to say that I'll be joining all of you on 9/11. We will be bringing our almost 3 yr old twins with us on our first vacation since they were born. Wish us luck. We'll be flying cross-country (Calif), spending the night and boarding the next day. We figured it had been so long since we've taken a vacation that we'd go the distance and have a blast.

Hi Tammy,

We are also flying from California, but are going a few days before the cruise. I wish you easy flights! We will have our almost 4 year old daughter with us. She is very excited. Are your twins boys/girls/1 of each?

Erin

amgpmg
07-09-2004, 09:41 PM
Welcome Tammyh and Lisa SB!

Lisa SB, I have never done the 7 night, but there is a formal and semiformal night. Like Hookedonmagic said, I would search the boards. This subject is very debated here. You will find a lot of information from several experienced cruisers on these boards. I know I did.

Tammyh - good luck with your travels to Florida. I am lucky my 7 & 4 year old can sit still for the 3 1/2 hour flight!

If you are interested, I am working on a Cruisers list. This is completely optional. I had seen it on another cruise meet and thought it would be a nice icebreaker for all. If you want to email me, I will put your information on the list. I am including information such as your DISname, Names of people in your party, ages (of children or all), Room number, Dining time (early or late), an interest of yours or your family or your favorite thing Disney. You provide what information you would like to share and I will work on the list. Also, we are planning a dismeet on the cruise and a photo swap - there are several scrapbookers sailing and it was brought up to share photos. That way we get several different pics.

Thanks to all that have provided information already. I started putting it together and will send it out to you when I get back next week.

I am off to Disneyworld tomorrow!!!!!!! One trip down, then I can concentrate on the Cruise!:Pinkbounc

Kathy