PDA

View Full Version : Poll on cars?

lenshanem
11-01-2003, 10:13 PM
I come lurk on this board every once in awhile and I'm curious about these car definitions. Has anyone ever taken a poll on here to see just where everyone lies?

HB2K
11-02-2003, 08:35 AM
There has been one in the past, and as of right now it's apparently taboo to "catagorize" in such manner.

lenshanem
11-02-2003, 01:59 PM
Taboo to vote animously on where your opiniosn lie as to the state of Disney? Why caused this? I cna be sent a pm if it is that bad! :eek:
Thansk, but you got me curious now...

hopemax
11-02-2003, 03:43 PM
Basically the first three cars were evenly split, with one or 2 people in Car 4. The brouhaha erupted when some people claimed that being called a Car Xer was shorthand for an insult.

KNWVIKING
11-02-2003, 05:57 PM
I don't think there is any taboo by being "catagorized" by a Car #. We are in the car we're in by our own choice so why should we be insulted to be called a Car-twoster or a Threeper ?

HB2K
11-02-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by KNWVIKING
I don't think there is any taboo by being "catagorized" by a Car #. We are in the car we're in by our own choice so why should we be insulted to be called a Car-twoster or a Threeper ?

It's aparently Taboo around here to catagorize in any manner....

All Aboard
11-03-2003, 11:36 AM
I had asked some time ago that we drop references to cars because it started to get to the point of "oh, that's what I would expect from a car x person." I figured it was my fault in the first place, since I did the original poll nearly 4 years ago.

I think a lot of the car stuff has been forgotten. Folks who were embroiled in it originally have gone seperate ways. Even the definitions changed in the post that's locked at the top of this forum. It turned into polarization, with little middle ground. Two "sides" so to speak. Really more of a battle than discussion.

It would be nice if it were forgotten completely.