PDA

View Full Version : April 24, 2004 Magic

Pages : [1] 2

plutojudy
10-31-2003, 11:27 AM
We are cruising. Are you? My husband and I will be celebrating our 39th anniversary. This will be our fifth Disney Cruise. We did two 4 day cruises on the Wonder, and one Eastern and one Western Mystery cruise on the Magic.

Phrebert
11-06-2003, 08:28 AM
My wife and I are going for our 10th anniv. It's our first time on a cruise, and the DISBOARDS have been a BIG Help!:) We can't wait.

plutojudy
11-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Hi Phrebert, You and your wife will have a good time. We love our Disney Cruises. Congratulations on your tenth anniversary! Glad you are enjioying the Disboards, you meet the nicest people here.

Daisy5115
11-08-2003, 10:29 PM
We will be there too! DH, me and two sons, age 6 and 2. Can't wait!

Karen:wave:

plutojudy
11-09-2003, 02:59 PM
We booked through Dreams Unlimited. How did you book your cruise?

Phrebert
11-09-2003, 03:49 PM
We called the Cruise Line directly. We were discussing where we wanted to go on our next big trip. A DCL commercial "Little Souvenir" came on we both looked at each other and said "Cruise!" at the same time.

Tandyc
11-12-2003, 12:47 PM
This will be our first cruise ever. My DH and DS (11 and 9) are so excited to go. My DS will turn 9 on the ship! He doesn't know our trip will be on his big day. Originally we were scheduled in May but my older DS had a school conflict, so now it's a surprise that we're going at B-day time.

Anyone else with kiddos going? I'd love to get a pen pal exchange going.

We booked thru Costco. I think it was an ok deal. The origional trip in May was cheaper, but I knew with Spring Break being near our April dates it would be higher. We booked in July and then switched dates in September.

So glad to meet our future shipmates.

Phrebert
11-15-2003, 04:42 PM
:(
We just had to cancel, Wife had Emergency Surgery. It was an Inflamed Appendix.
We were so excited, but I guess SH_T happens.
Everyone enjoy themselves and I will be watching and waiting for all your reports after your cruise
Bon Voyage :wave2:

Tandyc
11-15-2003, 05:48 PM
Boy what a bummer! I sure hope she is ok. Emergency surgery does not sound like any fun at all.

plutojudy
11-17-2003, 10:22 AM
I hope she is feeling better soon.

Phrebert
11-19-2003, 08:28 AM
WE'RE BA-A-A-A-A-A-CK!!!!!:bounce:

We went to our bank and talked to our loan officer and he had us refinance our loan at 2% cheaper. We are in better shape financially than before, so the cruise is back on!!!!!
:wave: :wave:

plutojudy
11-19-2003, 09:02 AM
Glad to have you back onboard. Hope your wife is recovering nicely. Looking forward to meeting you both.

Tandyc
11-19-2003, 10:17 AM
We're glad to have you back on board!!! Hope your DW is feeling well and able to smile thinking about our upcoming trip to paradise.

So glad things worked out.

dthogue
11-20-2003, 08:25 PM
Hi Everyone, We are actually booked on the May 1st Eastern, but are thinking really hard about switching to the 4/24 Western. I really, really, really want to do the Western. It will be me, DH, DD's (14, 12 and 5).

Help me make a decision - why did you decide on the Western vs. the Eastern.

Thanks,
Tammy
princess:

plutojudy
11-21-2003, 09:09 AM
We did the Eastern in 2002 and enjoyed it very much. I like the sea days onboard before arriving in St Martin. We did the Western this year but did not get to see Grand Cayman because of high seas. So we are hoping to be able to see Grand Cayman this time. We did not care for Cozumel but loved Costa Maya which was in place of Grand Cayman. Which ever cruise you decide on, you will meet the nicest people, DISsers!

Phrebert
11-26-2003, 09:27 AM
150 days and counting:wave:
How do contain your excitement?:wave2:

plutojudy
11-26-2003, 11:08 AM
150 days, how exciting. To pass the time, we are constantly doing our "cruise homework". We are going to fly down two days before the cruise. Plus we are going to WDW January 10-18.

plutojudy
12-05-2003, 11:17 AM
bump

Trekker
12-09-2003, 08:04 AM
Hi Judy - are you getting really exciterd yet. We are - I know you will have fun (even if we are not there). As off today we are down to 114 days 'til we cruise the Eastern.

Say Hi to Muggs for us!

plutojudy
12-09-2003, 09:12 AM
Hi Trekker, we are excited. Wish you could cruise with us this year. Maybe next? We are going to WDW January 10-18, so that is helping us wait for the cruise. Hi to all and Merry Christmas.

plutojudy
12-09-2003, 09:14 AM
We will miss you at dinner and Serenity Bay. Cindy will have to float without me. Remember to take some water cameras with you.

Trekker
12-11-2003, 07:41 PM
I'm going to try and find a better water proof camera - none of my pictures from last year turn out:(

Maybe I'll do better this year.

plutojudy
12-12-2003, 09:13 AM
Hi again, we used the KODAK water camera and our pictures turned out great. Did I ever send you any copies? A lot of sting ray and star fish pictures, all were very clear and bright.

Trekker
12-16-2003, 08:29 AM
Yes you sent us some of your pictures they were great. None of ours turned out decent - it was tough to see exactly what I was supposedly taking a picture of.

plutojudy
12-27-2003, 04:33 PM
Any suggestions as to where and when for our DISmeet? It is getting close.:earsgirl: :earsboy: :wave:

Phrebert
01-01-2004, 11:28 AM
When ever you want to meet. We're flexible
Personally Right now would be great. Just had 22 inches of snow on Monday, -19 below on Tues, 50 mph winds on Thurs. and it hasn't stopped snowing.:wave2:

Phrebert
01-15-2004, 12:35 PM
Bump. I can't tell you how good it felt when I watched my counter go from 100 days to 99.:wave2:

plutojudy
01-19-2004, 09:33 AM
I am so glad we are down to double digits. Time to start thinking about our DISmeet.

plutojudy
01-22-2004, 11:43 AM
OK, about a DISmeet, how about in front of Scoops after the lifeboat drill and before the Sail-away party? It worked for us last cruise.

Ontario Kim
01-22-2004, 02:22 PM
Hi PlutoJudy,

Just finished shovelling snow AGAIN. We have finalized all our arrangements and will be joining you on this cruise. It can't come soon enough. It is -12C and the wind chill makes it -29C. It is too cold to ski now that we have enough snow!!!

Our flight after the cruise doesn't leave Orlando til late afternoon. We are currently looking for suggestions as to what to do when we disembark. We will be renting a car as it has always been cheaper then the 5 of us using Disney Transfers.

Trying to stay warm
Kim

plutojudy
01-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi Kim, we are very cold too here in Chicago 0 F tonight again. We haven't had much snow but too much frigid weather. When the wind comes off the lake, watch out.
Our plane is leaving later in the evening too. We reserved a day room at the Hyatt.
We are arriving in Florida on April 22 and will have a car for two days then we are using Disney transportation. It is just two of us so we like the bus.

plutojudy
01-30-2004, 09:10 AM
bump up for Arthur join us!

ArthurAmish
01-30-2004, 11:38 AM
We'll be there - my wife and I and soon to be 5 year old daughter. We are flying down on Wednesday the 21st from Indy. We sailed on the Wonder in December of 2001.:boat: :boat: :boat:

CB4U
02-01-2004, 07:16 AM
We'll be there too. Me, DH, DS16, DS13
and DS10. Repeat cruise for us, we
sailed on this cruise last year. Flying in
Friday, staying at the Radisson.

I had been posting on the Cruise Meets
thread for this cruise. Is this thread
where we should be posting? Thanks

:wave:

Tandyc
02-01-2004, 11:50 AM
I see you have a DS who is 10. My ds turned 11 in Dec and other Ds will turn 9 onboard the Magic. Would your DS be interested in becoming pen pals. Might be fun to get to know each other a little before the cruise.

Just a thought.

CB4U
02-01-2004, 01:42 PM
TandyC,

Sounds wonderful to me. My son will be 9 when we board. Will turn 10 on the 25th. He is just that much younger than his brothers to sometimes leave him alone. Funny, I had the same
thought about the kids being pals when I read your post.

:smooth:

Tandyc
02-01-2004, 02:27 PM
My DS's B-day is the 27th. He will be 9. I'm not sure they will be in the same club. Do you know? My 9 (almost) yr old is Kyle and 11DS is Mitchell.

CB4U
02-01-2004, 02:51 PM
Tandyc,

I think the two groups, 8-9 and 10-12 still all meet in the Oceaneers Lab. They may do different things at different times but for the most part they will be in the same room.
Its just nice to have friends to get ice cream and snacks and have fun outside of the lab too! My son's name is Patrick. He tells me that last year there were 12 year olds with him at times in the Lab. Last year we used the beeper system and he wasn't allowed to leave the Lab without our permission. Not quite sure what I'll do this year. Any thoughts for your boys yet?

Are you coming in the day before? We will be staying at the Radisson the night before.

:D

CB4U
02-01-2004, 10:01 PM
Tandyc,

I sent you a private message.

:)

plutojudy
02-04-2004, 09:06 AM
We have late seating. Which seating does everyone else have?

Tandyc
02-04-2004, 09:50 AM
We have late seating also.

CB4U
02-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Early seating for us.

Ontario Kim
02-04-2004, 01:10 PM
We have the late seating also. I was just curious, for those of you who are booked in a family suite (cat.4) have any of you been given a room number or are you GTY like we are. This is our third ****** and the first time we have a GTY room.

Kim

CB4U
02-04-2004, 03:30 PM
Hi Kim,

We have a family suite but we requested a specific cabin # when we booked last May. Last year however we had a GTY room like you. We did know our cabin number before we sailed. Our travel agent called us as soon as the cabin was assigned. I can't remember how far in advance the assignment came through.

Looks like we are the only ones so far w/early seating!!

:wave2:

Phrebert
02-05-2004, 08:52 AM
:cool1: :cool1: Just sent in the last payment to DCL.:cool1: :cool1:

plutojudy
02-05-2004, 09:43 AM
We paid a couple of weeks ago. Now waiting to book our excursions.

Ontario Kim
02-05-2004, 10:14 AM
We paid for our trip last week too. As we watched our Canadian dollar go down once again, we decided no matter what, we are still getting a better deal $ wise then we have in the last three years. Now we are trying to decide what excursion to do.

Wish the cruise was leaving this weekend - we are just getting bombarded this winter with snow, snow, freezing rain, rain, snow - the kids have already had 3 snow days and this is highly unusual. They are already planning on what to watch on TV when there is no school tomorrow.
Kim

CB4U
02-05-2004, 11:48 AM
We are freezing here in New Hampshire. Another storm coming in tomorrow. Snow and ice......I want a konk cooler and sunshine (only in my dreams at the moment).

Our final payment is slated for next week.

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Phrebert
02-05-2004, 12:10 PM
We are doing the Tulum Ruins , what about yous guys?:scratchin

plutojudy
02-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Beachbreak.

CB4U
02-05-2004, 03:28 PM
We did the dolphin discovery, banana boat and stingray tour last year. My husband and son also did parasailing on Castaway Cay (not for me!). We might just take a break this year we're not sure yet. I know my older kids want to do the wild side teen excursion again on Castaway Cay - they had a blast with their new friends. In Key West, we plan on doing the trolley tour. I'm just looking forward to warm weather and being on the Magic again.

:sunny:

plutojudy
02-06-2004, 10:54 AM
I am starting to get very excited! I have been having a horrible week here at work. I need to cruise. We have been having such a cold and snowy winter. I need some sunshine.

Ontario Kim
02-06-2004, 01:42 PM
CB4U,

We have three kids 16,15 and 11. We were considering the stingray tour but were wondering if it is too young for them. They have all snorkeled and seen stingrays on our Eastern Cruise last year. Would your teenagers recommend it? My older two have also stated interest in the Fury Catamaran teen ride. They always like to wait and see who is going on the teen excursions before they commit. Fortunately they have always been able to get on the teen excursions at the last minute if they have wanted.

Snow day here today, just as I had predicted. The kids are starting to enjoy these long weekends>
Kim

CB4U
02-06-2004, 02:22 PM
Hi Kim,

We loved the stingray tour. I think your kids are at a perfect age. I saw kids a lot younger. I must admit when you first enter the water with the rays swimming around, it is a bit unnerving. We did relax after being in the water a little while. I guess you know your kids best. Out of all my kids (15, 12 and 9 at the time) my 9 year old was the most relaxed. My kids would recommend it. If you go, don't forget to take a waterproof camera. Our pictures are great. Other threads have mentioned the Capt Marvin's tour. We did the DCL tour and thought it was just fine.

My teens are also going to take a wait and see attitute on other tours although they would like to do the Castaway Cay wild side again.

mickeyboat
02-09-2004, 01:51 PM
bump

wendilyn
02-09-2004, 04:16 PM
We're going on the 4/24 too! We went last year at this time also.
This will be our 4th cruise. Myself, DH, DS17, DD14,and DD11.
Any others with teens?:sunny:

Phrebert
02-12-2004, 08:26 AM
We received info on the excursions yesterday and has anybody been to the Xcaret Park?

Tandyc
02-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Phrebert, who did you recieve info on excursions from? Is DCL contacting you already? Who did you book through? We booked through Costco and have not made our excursions decisions yet. I know at the 60 mark we should make our reservations, but it's so hard to decide.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a newbie obviously.

Thanks

Tandy

Phrebert
02-12-2004, 02:33 PM
I know what yous mean. We decided on the Xcaret Eco Park.:wave2:

Phrebert
02-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Just checked our reservation and they recieved our payment. now its smooth sailing until the smooth sailing.
:jumping1: :cool1: :cool1: :jumping1:

plutojudy
02-15-2004, 08:33 PM
We received our excursion paperwork yesterday. It came directly from Disney. See you all soon!

DenverVal
02-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Hello all! My family also will sailing with you: me, DH, DD11, and DD8. This will be our first cruise and we're finding all the choices to be a little overwhelming. We received our excursion info a few days ago, and are trying to decide. Has anyone done the catamaran races in Key West? DD11 and I think this sounds like fun. I was told by an experienced cruiser friend not to miss Stingray City. Another friend really enjoyed Xcaret, but stayed in Playa del Carmen rather than a cruise ship, so had all day to spend there. DD11 really, really, really wants to swim with dolphins, which we're looking into directly with Dolphin Discovery, but she thinks the Atlantis submarine sounds cool too. Any recommendations? Anybody?

plutojudy
02-18-2004, 01:55 PM
DenverVal, are you going to join our DISmeet?

DenverVal
02-19-2004, 09:15 AM
I'm new to this--what's a DISmeet?

plutojudy
02-19-2004, 09:49 AM
DISmeet is a little get together of DISers. We introduce ourselves and have fun seeing our new friends everywhere. Children get to meet friends their age. We are hoping to meet in front of Scoops after the life boat drill and before the Sail Away party. If anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to share them. In the past, the DISmeets we have been to we brought postcards from our hometown or area and passed them out with info on the back. Such as DISnames, kids names and ages, etc. DISers also try to wear a lime green ribbon or yarn so everyone knows they are DISers. We have our lime green Mickey heads from Home Depot paint department.

DenverVal
02-19-2004, 10:44 AM
That sounds fun--see you there! I found the Mickeys at Home Depot, they are too cute! We'll be wearing them.

Are shore excursions at every port overkill?

plutojudy
02-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Everyone have their excursions picked out?

DenverVal
02-23-2004, 10:33 PM
All the info spread out in a fan next to the phone! *Crossing fingers for luck!* I found out that I can use my Disney Reward Dream Dollars towards the excursions...and I've been collecting them for a while!::yes::

What's everyone doing? DD11 wants to do the catamaran racing, DD8 wants to do the glassbottom boat tour, everyone wants to do Stingray City and Rum Point, and the submarine tour on Cozumel, kayaking in CC and banana boat rides. We all want to do all the mainland tours at Cozumel, so we may need to plan a dedicated trip to Cancun, so will hold off Tulum until later, but it's been on my important to-do list forever.

Too excited to sleep!:Pinkbounc

plutojudy
02-25-2004, 09:46 AM
We faxed in our requests yesterday and got a very prompt response. We are doing the Atlantis sub in Grand Cayman, Beach Break in Cozumel, floats on Castaway Cay.

Phrebert
02-25-2004, 02:53 PM
We signed up for the Xcaret in Cozumel. Also we are thinking of reserving a scooter or bike in Key West. Other than that we are going to be like the DCL commercial where the guy is sleeping in the chairs and hammock.:o

plutojudy
02-25-2004, 02:58 PM
We are thinking about renting a scooter in Key West too. Last year we rode the trolley.

CB4U
02-25-2004, 03:22 PM
plutojudy,

We are thinking about the trolley in Key West. Did you like it? Can we just hook up with the trolley when we get to Key West or do you feel we should book ahead w/Disney? Is the trolley the tour where you can get off and walk around and hook up with another trolley or do you have to stay with the tour? We did the glass bottom boat ride last year in Key West and would like to try something different. Thanks for any info you can provide.

plutojudy
02-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Yes, you can just get the Trolley at Mallory Square when you get there. You do not need to book in advance or thru Disney. There are several Trolley stops where you can get off and then reboard. We liked it, the drivers had a lot of island history they shared.

CB4U
02-26-2004, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the info. I think we'll wait until we arrive in Key West before booking the trolley.

Is the DISmeet a definite for near Scoops during the sailaway party? I'll be looking for the lime green mickey heads at Home Depot.

Is anybody coming down the day before the cruise? If so, where will you be staying? We are at the Radisson at the port.

plutojudy
02-26-2004, 10:40 AM
I think the meet is set, not sure how many are meeting. We will be there. We have our green Mickey heads ready.
We are coming down on Thursday and staying a Pop Century for two nights. We are going to the Luau on Thursday evening.

wendilyn
02-26-2004, 10:55 AM
We'll be there on Fri, staying at the Hyatt.
CB4U- Where are you from in NH? We're from Derry and also did this cruise last year.
Does anyone have info on snorkeling in GC off 7 mile beach?:)
wendilyn

CB4U
02-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Hi Wendilyn,

It was nice chatting with you again! It is a small world afterall. Looks like we have some repeat cruisers with us.

I would also like to know more about the snorkeling on the Western. Does everybody have their own gear or are they available at the beaches? After reading some of the other post about jellyfish and sea lice I'm not sure if I should be worried......:confused: :confused:

taosbird
02-28-2004, 05:13 PM
Hello to all, will be with in-laws and wife and 20 month old daughter, should we be planning the excursions now...and sorry if I sound dumb but how do you do it?

plutojudy
02-28-2004, 05:21 PM
Taosbird, welcome to the DIS boards and "our" cruise. Are you coming to the DISmeet?
As for excursions we made ours already. You should receive a packet from DCL listing excursions and a form to fax or a phone number to call.
I have always wanted to go to Taos! Someday I will. Do you ever see Michael Martin Murphey around town? Love him since his Wildfire days.

taosbird
02-28-2004, 05:29 PM
As a matter of fact we do see him around from time to time...even met him when I was working for the local radio station and he came in for an interview. I suppose we will have to come to the meet and greet. Do you need to book all your excurisions early or can you do it on the ship. We have a 20 month old so we may be limited on what we can do. which is better early or late seating for dinner?

shirley 38
03-01-2004, 12:02 AM
Hi I just booked the April 24th 7 night cruise. We did the Eastern twice and loved it. But want to see something new this time around.

I found out that the first one you do you realize all the mistakes you made and things you did not see.
The second time we did it right.

Hope we can get some good imput on best places to snorkle, and really good tours.
Hope to see enveryone. We will be in WDW from the 21st till we board the ship.

I'M SO EXCITED, I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT, AND I CAN'T SLEEP. SO I WILL SIGN THIS,

SLEEPLESS IN PHILLY.

plutojudy
03-01-2004, 09:19 AM
Shirley, I am so excited that you and John are joining us. We were on the Eastern cruise with you in April 2002. You are going to come to the DISmeet, right????

plutojudy
03-01-2004, 12:48 PM
taosbird, you can book your excursions onboard, you do not have to do it in advance. We look forward to meeting you and your family.

DenverVal
03-01-2004, 03:43 PM
CB4U, I was wondering if you enjoyed the glass-bottomed boat ride in Key West?

CB4U
03-01-2004, 04:51 PM
Hi DenverVal,

The weather conditions were not the best for the glass bottom boat ride last year. Before we left for the excursion, Disney let all of us on the tour know that they would not be taking us to their regular spot on the ocean. It was quite windy. They did give us the option of a full refund if we decided not to go. We went anyway and it poured. So I guess I can't really give you an honest opinion. Don't get discouraged though, that was the only rain we saw the entire week.
I am referring to the excursion on Key West. I think I read that Castaway Cay has a glass bottom boat now. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Looking forward to our DISmeet.

Phrebert
03-04-2004, 08:34 AM
BumP!
Just picked up the Home Depot Paint Chips.:wave2:
It's getting so hard to wait as the cruise is looming closer.:wave2:

plutojudy
03-04-2004, 08:56 AM
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave:

plutojudy
03-04-2004, 11:30 AM
Anybody know if our cruise is full?

ArthurAmish
03-04-2004, 11:53 AM
I was able to reserve an inside cabin for my mother and sister last week. The category 11 was sold out, but the category 12 (which costs more than an 11) was available. They received guaranteed status, so maybe they will get an upgrade.

Edinafabs
03-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Add us (me, DH and DD age5) to the list. We booked over a year ago. I've been on other cruiselines but never a Disney one. Can't wait.
What is the Mickey paint thing at Home Depot?

Edina

:boat:

DenverVal
03-05-2004, 12:46 AM
The Home Depot carries the line of Disney paint, and some of the chips are shaped like Mickey heads. PlutoJudy explained to me earlier:

"DISmeet is a little get together of DISers. We introduce ourselves and have fun seeing our new friends everywhere. Children get to meet friends their age. We are hoping to meet in front of Scoops after the life boat drill and before the Sail Away party. If anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to share them. In the past, the DISmeets we have been to we brought postcards from our hometown or area and passed them out with info on the back. Such as DISnames, kids names and ages, etc. DISers also try to wear a lime green ribbon or yarn so everyone knows they are DISers. We have our lime green Mickey heads from Home Depot paint department."

Looking forward to meeting everybody!

-Val

Edinafabs
03-07-2004, 04:18 PM
::MinnieMo
Thanks Denver Val. we had to go to Home Depot yesterday for paint and so we picked up our green mickeys while we were there.
We've been to the Western Caribbean before, so we didn't book any excursions. In Cozumel we're thinking of going to Paradise Beach. I would love to do Stringray City again but DD would never get in the water with the rays, so that would be a waste. Don't know what a 5yr old would like to do in Grand Cayman. Haven't decided what to do in Key West-except for 2 things--Kino Sandals & sunset in Mallory Square.

plutojudy
03-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Me too, I want to go to Kino Sandals!
Seven weeks from today we will be in Key West getting ready to watch the sunset. And we will be warm!!!!!!

Tandyc
03-07-2004, 08:24 PM
Welcome Edinafabs! Glad to have you along!

We are so excited we can hardly stand it!

Tandy

CB4U
03-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wonder who will be the first to get their docs??? I think I read somewhere here that an April 10th cruiser already got theirs....woo hoo!!:hyper: :hyper:

Tandyc
03-07-2004, 10:56 PM
Pick me, pick me!

I'll post asap when I get mine>

Tandy

lurontravel
03-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Hi all, my husband (he's the one who can't believe that there is no casino on this ship, and I'm the one who can't believe that he's still so excited about going anyway), two sons (2 and a half and 4 and a half year olds) and I will be cruising with you, and can't wait for our first Dismeet. I'm glad you described what you are supposed to bring/do so we can participate.

I posted a question about Xcaret on the board, anyone here have any info on Xcaret, especially with little kids?

We're on the late seating, anyone interested in trading or possibly sharing a table and wine plan with us (there is no way we can drink 7 bottles in 7 nights alone and still be able to enjoy the other things offered on the cruise).

Do they really limit you to 4-5 sessions in Flounders? We are looking forward to some alone time.

plutojudy
03-10-2004, 08:52 AM
I am glad you are joining our DISmeet. We look forward to meeting you and your family. You will have a great time. You meet the nicest people on Disney cruises!

DenverVal
03-10-2004, 08:54 PM
I am so excited about this trip, I can hardly concentrate on anything else! :) To pass the time I downloaded pictures of the Magic and loaded them into my screensaver...I got out my Disney embroidery machine and embroidered six of the princesses onto a pillowcase to take along for autographs. DD was very excited about it--it's very pretty! Now the other DD wants one too, so I'll have something to keep me busy for a few more hours...

What is special about Kino Sandals? And does anyone know where to get the frozen chocolate-covered key lime pie on a stick in Key West?!

-Val

Tandyc
03-10-2004, 09:22 PM
Oh DenverGal, I just knew you were going to say you got your docs. Bummer!

Your pillowcases sound great. What lucky DD you have.

I'm having a hard time concentrating on anything not cruise related also.

44 days and counting........

DenverVal
03-11-2004, 01:00 AM
LOL!! No, not yet, but I'm checking the porch twice daily for packages!

plutojudy
03-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Does anyone want to do the postcards at the DISmeet? If so, we need to figure out how may postcards we need to bring. (One to give each family)
Still no documents. I hope they just leave them the way they did last year. In past years they left a notice and we had to pick them up at the FedEx office. If I knew which day they are coming I would take a day off.
I just can't wait to cruise again.

Phrebert
03-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Heres the List with DISers who have posted so far: (14)
plutojudy
Phrebert
Tandyc
dthogue
Ontario Kim
Arthur Amish
CB4U
mickeyboat
wendilyn
DenverVal
taosbird
shirley 38
Edinafabs
lurontravel
Anyone else that you know are interested, or you lurkers?

CB4U
03-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

Postcards sound good to me. Mine will have a big picture of snow on the front and red-faced people wearing hats, boots and gloves. It shouldn't be hard to find here in NH.

No docs yet - can't wait either. There is just something about receiving those docs.....

Thanks for the list Phrebert. It seems to be growing.

:jumping1:

Ontario Kim
03-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Hey CB4U,

Can you pick me up the same postcards??? It is acutally snowing here right this minute!! I think we are to get another accumulation. Just in time so we can continue skiing for March Break next week!!

I can't help but think about the sun and sand.... someday it will come!!!

Kim:sunny:

plutojudy
03-11-2004, 12:54 PM
oooooooh, sun and sand, I can't wait. Here in Chicago the temperature is going down to 14 F tonight. And there are snow flurries in the air. Saw some robins last week. Come on spring!

DenverVal
03-11-2004, 12:59 PM
My daffodils are coming up. We'll have flowers in a few weeks! Snow on Saturday, though.

lurontravel
03-12-2004, 04:16 PM
The UPS man just rang my bell and left them sitting on the bench on my front porch! Can you believe that! I didn't even have to sign for them! I barely got them open, and then I screamed "Yah-hoo", and ANdrew asked me what I was so excited about, and "who's the package from?" I had to quickly put it away, and told him it was a surprise, so he didn't ask anymore questions, just said I'd better put it away quickly so I didn't ruin his surprise. We haven't told the boys yet, probably will tomorrow or Sunday. I'm so EXCITED!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

PS the weather here in South Florida (we're about 2hrs. south of CC, 20 minutes north of Fort Lauderdale on the coast) is slightly cloudy, in the mid to high 70's. Planted a bunch of Rose bushes and did some weeding today...and thought of all of you and your cold weather. Thank God we live where it's warm. I don't know how all of you do it.

Phrebert
03-12-2004, 06:20 PM
The DIS Meet tribe "cantawaitacrooza" has voted and lurontravel has been unanimously voted off the meet first. GRRR. (Envious). LOL:wave2:

lurontravel
03-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Well, I guess the group is down to buying only 13 postcards, and you all better watch out, this is starting to sound like "Survivor, The Western on 'Magic'", a new tv series... (lol)
Phrebert, were you jealous about the cruise documents, the weather I'm enjoying, or both??

CB4U
03-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

Oh boy, the fun begins.......woo hoo!!! So glad lurontravel you received your docs. It makes my day. We had rain and snow showers today but suddenly I am feeling warm. Maybe if you don't rub it in too much about your docs we'll let you back in the group, maybe even give you a postcard or two. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Phrebert
03-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Both We have 4 feet of snow still in our yard.

lurontravel
03-12-2004, 08:22 PM
We just got reservations at the Ron-Jon resort on the beach. It is a short ride from the pier. They let you park there for free during your cruise and only charge $5 per person each way for a transfer to the pier.
We used an on line rate code #102 and got 25% off of the regular rate of $100 for a studio.
Sounds like a good deal to us.
The rate code should still be good in case anyone needs to use it.

CB4U
03-12-2004, 08:37 PM
I switched to Ron Jon's too. Price couldn't be beat. $109 (1 bedroom) for the five of us with a washer and dryer too. I used the 102 code also (thanks Tandyc). I think there will be a few of us there now. We have a rental car (Budget) so the location wasn't really an issue. My husband usually drops us off at the port and returns the car. He just takes the shuttle back and checks in. We have already secured a spot in line!:)

DenverVal
03-12-2004, 09:16 PM
We'll be staying at the Hawthorn Suites at the airport, and will be taking the DCL bus down to the port in the morning. I am so excited to hear that docs are beginning to arrive! I'm wondering if they will be delivered to me or to the TA. Six weeks to go!

We got up to 60 degrees today, felt like a heat wave. Makes it easier to imagine warm sand and the smell of the ocean...ahhhhh....

Tandyc
03-13-2004, 12:22 AM
Just got back from a cruise shopping spree. Got calling cards, post cards, Dramamine 2, shorts, tried to Seabands but couldn't find them.

All of a sudden it feels like our dream vacation is just around the corner!

Yeah!!

lurontravel
03-14-2004, 07:10 AM
We just bought our phone cards yesterday. We went to Costco and got packs with 5 cards in each for $50. Each card is good for 334 domestic minutes and are usable internationally also.

Edinafabs
03-14-2004, 02:07 PM
princess: :earsboy: :earsgirl:
Anticipationnnnnn! Hi all, I am getting more & more excited as the date draws nearer. We are cold, cold cold here. I am getting out the bathing suits and cruise wear today to see what fits.
For me, planning is half of the fun. We are ataying at the Doubletree Cocoa Bch. Dh & DD will search for Jeannie on the beach. I would now love to switch to Ron Jon's but we have an online non-refundable rate so we'll stay put. We have a car with Avis, and are planning on having DH drop us off at the port, is 10:30ish a good time? Also, when do you get your character breakfast assigned? I dont want to get our Palo's brunch plans on the same morning.
Kino sandals are made onsite, inexpensive and supposedly last forever. I don't know yet how long they last, I've only had mine for one summer.
I believe we died and went to heaven by getting our chocolate covered frozen key lime pie slice from Kermits-which we walked to.
At the time, we were cruising without our kids though, so we walked quite a bit. (20th Anniversary) We're going to miss our verandah alot--we're in a secret porthole cabin.

Edina

CB4U
03-14-2004, 02:17 PM
Hi Edinafabs,

I am so excited as well. Pulling out the old clothes is not fun for me......usually they don't fit! 10:30 was the time my husband dropped us off at the port last year. I don't think the port opens before then. I seem to remember waiting in a car line for the gates to open. Your character breakfast is assigned by the dining rotation you receive when you check in. Just ask the Disney reps at the counter what rotation you are on and they should be able to tell you when the character breakfast is. We'll be doing the same thing. I would like to check out the sandals too. Do they have a website? Sounds like a good deal to me. I can taste the key lime sticks right now......(like I said, the clothes usually don't fit!).

lurontravel
03-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Hi, I'm just starting our clothes list too, and the most fun thing for me is dressing up for dinner. I am wondering what people usually wear for formal night. I read somewhere that it's 50/50 tuxes/suits for men, but what do the ladies wear? Is a cocktail dress appropriate, or is a gown better? Black or colored? I really love to dress up! How dressy do most ladies get on semi-formal night, and on casual nights? Experienced disney cruisers, what have you seen/done on your past Disney cruises?

ArthurAmish
03-15-2004, 08:12 AM
Where to you get access to on-line reservations to Ron-Jon Resort? All I could find is a web site with an 800 number. We have two rooms reserved at the Radisson, but might be willing to change to a two bedroom condo at Ron-Jon, considering that we will have a rental car.

CB4U
03-15-2004, 08:58 AM
ArthurAmish,

I just left a message on the 800#. They called me back within 1/2 hour. I also had ressies at the Radisson. I couldn't resist
the prices at Ron Jons. Don't forget to mention code 102 when you book. We are a family of 5 and we got a one bedroom for $109 plus tax. Good luck.

ArthurAmish
03-15-2004, 01:50 PM
I did call the 800 number and they did call me back. Regarding the rate code #102, the reservationist told me that I would have to have a copy of that ad with the coupon and present it upon check in. Any help as to where one can find this rate code/ad ?

plutojudy
03-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Our documents came today, our documents came today, our documents came today. USPS left them on the doorstep.
We are ready to cruise.:wave: :wave:

DenverVal
03-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Lucky you! :) I'm calling my TA!!

I found a 7-pack of phone 120-minute AT&T phone cards at Sams Club for $25--it says they can be used for international calls, but the rate is different. Having never bought them before, it this a good deal?

plutojudy
03-15-2004, 03:46 PM
That is the pack of phone cards we bought. Seemed like a good deal to us. Last cruise people were very pleased to receive them with their tip. We only had three cards then. I bought them at Wal-Mart. This year it will be the Sam's 7 pak.

CB4U
03-15-2004, 04:04 PM
ArthurAmish - The reservationist never asked me any more info. when I mentioned the code #. In fact, I have already paid for my room and received my confirmation in the mail. I searched back further and found a thread that said it was a Florida rate?? I know AAA had another rate code available. If you are a member, maybe you could find out what that code is. I still think Ron Jons was cheaper for us in any case. :( Hope it works out for you.

Plutojudy - I am green with envy::yes:: wish our docs would hurry up. Did you book directly w/Disney? I used All Seas Travel and I hear they can arrive up to three weeks before departure.

lurontravel
03-15-2004, 04:48 PM
Alright PlutoJudy!!! We're so glad that you got your docs too, and will be joining us!
Laura

wendilyn
03-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Us too!
Got our documents today!
Starting to seem real!
Can't wait. We're supposed to get 5-10 inches of snow tomorrow night!
The cruise can't come fast enough!
Wendilyn::earsboy: :Pinkbounc

plutojudy
03-16-2004, 10:40 AM
I need Spring! One inch of snow last night. Just to remind me that I still need coat, scarf, gloves etc.
Have to shop for my post cards pretty soon.

DenverVal
03-16-2004, 05:45 PM
My docs are here WOO HOO!:bounce: my docs are here, my docs are here, my docs are here!:bounce: See you all soon!

Edinafabs
03-16-2004, 07:43 PM
:crazy2:

No docs here yet but I do have 6" of snow with more coming down. Oh to be in Key West in Mallory Sq. right now, or Cozumel or Grand Cayman or Castaway Cay. Somewhere where its not 22 degrees!

Edina

lurontravel
03-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Anyone know of a way we can get to stingray city without Disney. We do not feel like paying full price for a 2.5 year old.

By the way, today was hot and sunny, near 80. No snow in sight.

Tandyc
03-16-2004, 08:11 PM
No doc's :mad:

You can go to Stingray City with Captain Marvins at captainmarvins.com. We are scheduled with them for the all day tour. It includes 2 snorkel stops and Stingrays with no other boats. (We get the rays to ourselves.) You also get lunch and a conch appitizer. Sounds great,hope it is.

Tandy

plutojudy
03-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Soon, Edinafabs. Hang in there, not too much longer.

Phrebert
03-17-2004, 11:19 AM
Normally our dogs get in trouble for chasing the UPS truck, but lately I keep getting in trouble.:(
no docs yet:(

plutojudy
03-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Gee maybe Pony Express is delivering your documents. Ours came USPS mail, left on the door step. Hope they arrrive soon!

Phrebert
03-17-2004, 12:32 PM
Updated DIS meet: (16)
plutojudy Phrebert Tandyc dthogue Ontario Kim
Arthur Amish CB4U mickeyboat wendilyn DenverVal
taosbird shirley 38 Edinafabs lurontravel(invited back in):wave2: Otimon dustinplowman

Tandyc
03-17-2004, 01:48 PM
OK I am trying to tell myself the longer I go without doc's the better the chance of an upgrade, but I still am having a very hard time waiting.

Of the sixteen, how many have gotten doc's?

I am NOT one of the lucky few yet.

Tandy

plutojudy
03-17-2004, 01:52 PM
Our docs arrived Monday-no upgrade.

Ontario Kim
03-17-2004, 02:38 PM
We still haven't received our docs yet....but we are still hoping and hoping that we will get an upgrade too. Patients is all we need and pixie dust!!!
We did get a snow plow down the street to remove the 10" of snow we got in the storm yesterday. The sun is out and melting it all away. All the planes coming in yesterday were delayed or sent to Toronto due to the poor weather. I guess that is why we decided to wait til April to travel!!!

Kim

CB4U
03-17-2004, 02:41 PM
No docs here either. Another day off of school due to snow!!

DenverVal
03-17-2004, 02:43 PM
I called my TA on Monday after several of you got your docs to ask whether they would be sent to me or to her, and she called back on Tuesday and asked if I were phychic or what?! She had them in her hands and did I want to pick them up or wait for the mail? DH was kind enough to pick them up, he knew there was no living with me if I knew they were here and I had to wait *gasp* an extra day!

I "met" toot2 on another thread, who will be on our cruise too. I left an invitation to join us over here....how do you add a link to a post?

ArthurAmish
03-17-2004, 05:20 PM
No docs yet here.:confused:

taosbird
03-18-2004, 08:33 AM
what's the big deal about docs and what's in them? I'm such a begginer to this stuff

DenverVal
03-18-2004, 08:29 PM
My document package includes a pamphlet called Passport to the Magic which contains the "before you leave home" and "what to expect onboard" information, a small catalog of gifts you can purchase, a reservation form for renting a tuxedo, the Bahamas immigration forms, and a ticket/information book for each passenger, which contains your itenerary, ground transfers, gratuity guidelines, luggage tags, a form to complete for minors who are not traveling with their parents, charging privileges form, embarkation form, and the cruise contract. It all came in a blue and white striped canvas knapsack. Kept me busy for a while, but it's all done and ready to go!

plutojudy
03-19-2004, 09:17 AM
DenverVal, who did you book with?
Everybody....who has early dining and who has late seating?

Tandyc
03-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Booked with Costco, late seating, no docs :rolleyes:

CB4U
03-19-2004, 10:39 AM
Early seating for us. :wave:

DenverVal
03-19-2004, 11:11 AM
I booked with AAA, I love my TA!

Late seating for us, no upgrade.

Edinafabs
03-19-2004, 12:56 PM
We booked with AAA. We have late seating because it is closer to our dinner time at home. Plus I like to have time to nap and shower before dinner. No docs yet.

Eddy

lurontravel
03-19-2004, 08:53 PM
We're currently scheduled for late seating, but are hoping to change this onboard if our waitlist for early doesn't come through. We have done late seating on cruises in the past, so I won't be too upset with this arrangement, although it will mean a lot fewer family meals (probably no family dinners in the dining room, my kids don't tolerate eating out too late, they tend to get rather cranky having to sit still even if they have already eaten and just have appetizers and desserts). We'll see, somehow we'll manage to suffer through on a Disney Cruise no matter what...

lurontravel
03-19-2004, 09:49 PM
I was just lurking on another "cruise meet" thread, and saw that other "dis-meeters" are planning to have someone make a "Dis Meet" banner. I am not at all computer talented, and happen to be very, shall we say, artistically challenged:p , so I won't scare you all by volunteering to do it. Are any of you able to make up a banner for our little meet? Thought it'd be a cute idea.

We are planning to arrive at the port promptly at 10:30 am to check in and get on board to check everything out and make our ressies. I don't know that I'll do the dinner at Palo's, but probably will want to do brunch. I would like to do the tea too, but as my husband isn't into that type of thing, and doesn't even drink tea, I would have to go alone. If anyone else is going to tea, and wouldn't mind some company please let me know.
After we make our Palo's, Flounder's and Spa ressies, we'll be free to hang out by the pools and relax. I hate to worry that I won't get our desired reservations, so by planning to board early I will alleviate that worry. When does everyone else plan to arrive at the terminal?

Phrebert
03-19-2004, 10:43 PM
We be eating at de early seating.

Daisy5115
03-20-2004, 12:40 PM
No docs yet! We have early seating, Is there a meet?

Daisy5115
03-20-2004, 12:46 PM
In Cozumel we're thinking of going to Paradise Beach. I would love to do Stringray City again but DD would never get in the water with the rays, so that would be a waste. Don't know what a 5yr old would like to do in Grand Cayman. Haven't decided what to do in Key West-except for 2 things--Kino Sandals & sunset in Mallory Square.

I was recently in Cozumel where I asked went to Chankanob beach park and there is not much there for kids (I have a 6 yr old and a 2 yr old) Mr. Sanchos was recommended, and also Paradise beach. According to "Sally' the local person who posts here, Mr. Sanchos is less crowded and better food. We'll be heading there. ALso there is Sally's mini golf.
As for Grand Cayman, the Turtle Farm and a walking tour will be our goals.
We'll be staying on the ship for Key West.

lurontravel
03-20-2004, 02:53 PM
We have a 4.5 and a 2.5 year old, both boys and are going to x-caret on our own. It costs almost $200 less than the excursion and we get 6 hours there. If you are interested in coming along I hear there is alot to do there for kids, like the bat cave, underground rivers and ancient ruins.

dustinplowman
03-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Hey. Got word about this thread from the one I started. I'm going with aunt, uncle, 2 cousins, uncle's sister and friend. I can't wait.
I was reading all of these replies and saw the key lime pie dipped in chocolate. I saw them on TV and they look really good. How far away is that place place from the dock edinafabs?
Anyone know what time the Disney Transfer gets at the terminal?
I heard some of these cruise critics, where they write about their time on the cruise, say that the early seating is loud and crazy because of all the kids running around. Is that true?
Good News: TA called and told us that we got bumped up from a inside stateroom to a category 7 with a verandah!

plutojudy
03-22-2004, 10:53 AM
lurontravel, good idea about a banner. Maybe someone here is talented. I am not either.

Tandyc
03-22-2004, 08:00 PM
They came US mail! No upgrade, but it sure feels real now. I think I may be busy for the next 32 days to get everything together and done.

How is everyone else doing? I keep thinking of more stuff that needs to get done before we go. Thank goodness for these boards or I would really be lost.

Tandy

Daisy5115
03-22-2004, 10:57 PM
thanks for the invitation, Luron, but DS has his heart set on minigolf and beach time.
Got my documents today! They don't have much new info after reading the tips here for so many months!

lurontravel
03-23-2004, 07:28 PM
We are getting into Port Canaveral on Thursday and staying at Ron Jon's. My husband is going out on the Sterling Casino cruise. It sails from Port Canaveral, 7pm-midnight. Free cruise and dinner and a shuttle from the hotel. If anyone is interested in going we can meet in the lobby and they will pick us up. Just respond to his e-mail so he can get a count.

rbarak@nbhd.org

Tandyc
03-23-2004, 09:09 PM
I am working on Dis-Meet Banners. I have cute Disney software, it's getting it into Banner format that is difficult. I'll figure something out.

Can you believe how close it's getting? I can't wait. Got quarters,(for toll bridges, washing machines, and stamps at CC) and $100 in ones for tips today. While at the bank got out the BC and Airlline tix.

Really starting to cross things off the never-ending list now!

Tandyc

plutojudy
03-24-2004, 09:22 AM
TandyC, thanks!
One month from today we cruise!!!!!!!!!

lurontravel
03-24-2004, 01:42 PM
Thank you TandyC!!! I knew we had to have someone who is so inclined and talented! I am getting so excited! I am working on a HUGE fundraiser for my son's school, it happens on April 17th, and I am trying to fit in getting ready for this trip, but am finding the auction thingy incredibly time-consuming. This (disboards and getting ready) is my break from reality. I can't wait to leave on vacation!
Thanks everyone for posting what you're all doing to get ready to keep me on track so I don't forget to do anything important!

Edinafabs
03-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Does everyone except me have their docs?:(

Oh well, I guess I'll just sit and mope while eating my carrot sticks waiting, waiting.

Dustinplowman, I posted to Shirley (with the perfect gift ) to ask how far Kermits is. She will look up the street and post soon. She said they have a few locations.

I will plan on getting to the port at about 10:30, that seems to be the time everyone mentions. Although if we're having a good time on the beach maybe 11:30.

Eddy

CB4U
03-25-2004, 06:59 AM
Don't worry Edinafabs you are not alone. We didn't get our docs yet either. I spoke with the TA and she said that we could get them as late as two weeks before the cruise (I hope not that late).

We plan on arriving at the port around 10:30 as well. I am just flying around here trying to get everything in order. It is getting very exciting!

Thanks TandyC for making our banner.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Phrebert
03-25-2004, 09:20 AM
We called and got our flight info this morning, Now its official:
we were excited:earseek:
now we are approaching really excited:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
heading toward bonkers::jumping1: :jumping1:

lurontravel
03-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Before I tell you why I'm so excited, here's a little background on how we ended up on a Disney cruise...

We had originally planned a Celebrity cruise (in the perfect cabin) with an Italy-Greek Isles-and Med to Barcelona in October (so our 2 yr old would be three, and able to go with his brother to the Fun Factory). We had planned to spend a little time in Paris prior to our cruise (b/c our 4 y/o thinks he's been to Paris, France from visiting EPCOT, and I wanted him to see the real thing...). Had to change our dates to next May instead b/c of husbands work. I was so bummed. We were working so hard to figure out a perfect (one that all four of us would have a GREAT time on), last minute vacation for this spring, when we decided on DCL. We just booked our cruise at the very end of Feb or beginning of March. So, I haven't had a whole lot of time to gather all of our info yet.

Today, I received our DCL DVD in the mail. Guess what we'll be watching as a surprise after dinner tonight?!

Phrebert
03-25-2004, 12:51 PM
It is now officialwe are excited...
First we were upgraded:D
Today wwe called for our flight info, which makes us more so:wave:
UPS truck came with our documents and we are: :Pinkbounc :earseek: :jumping2: :jumping1: :cool1: :jumping3: :jumping1:

plutojudy
03-26-2004, 09:33 AM
OK, I bought my postcards and will fill them out this weekend.
We are going to fill out our documents this weekend.
Bought more suntan lotion this morning on my way to work.
I think we are ready.

Tandyc
03-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Pultojudy-

What info are you putting on your postcards? Email addresses? Snail mail addresses? What else?

Please tell me when and where the Dis-Meet is again.

Sorry, the details are gonna kill me.

Deep breath

Tandy:)

CB4U
03-26-2004, 10:16 AM
Plutojudy,

Even though we have cruised before with Disney we have never attended a DIS meeting. Can you tell me what info you are supplying on your postcards and about how many cards you will be bringing. Is there anything else I should bring to the meeting? Thanks for your help. :wave:

plutojudy
03-26-2004, 10:18 AM
DISmeet is near Scoops between the lifeboat drill and the Sail-Away party.
Info on the cards...DISnames, names, names and ages of kids,
e-mail and snail mail addresses, can't think of anything else. Maybe someone else has more ideas.

ArthurAmish
03-26-2004, 12:10 PM
FYI -

We received our documents yesterday (3/25/04) by UPS. We reserved through DVC.

taosbird
03-26-2004, 01:20 PM
no docs for us yet and now the inlaws are out of town till april 6th so won't know about the docs till then...as they booked the cruise! At least I have the boards to keep me excited! :smooth:

CB4U
03-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Finally got our docs today by regular mail. The TA also sent along 5 waterproof cases that can hold our IDs and KTTW cards. Now I feel like we are ready to cruise.......:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Tandyc
03-27-2004, 08:37 PM
Congrats CB4U! Waterproof cases too. What a nice gift. Thoughtful TA!

Can't wait to meet you and your boys!

Tandyc

Daisy5115
03-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Luron,
We seem to be living similar lives! I have also been completely wrapped up in the school fundraiser/auction until the event was finally over this Thursday. Now time to focus on shopping and packing for DCL trip! We also went back and forth about the 2yr old being 3yrs or not for cruising. I finally decided he wouldn't be trained anyway, so we are going for it! We may use Flounders for a few nights.

Share toddler tips if you've got 'em! LOL

lurontravel
03-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Daisy5115,
We're really looking forward to the Flounder's option (for us as well as Joseph). I just hope Joseph goes for it. I think he'll be ok if he realizes that he'll be alone with out us for a while and I make sure to say "goodbye". When I leave him in a classroom at Andrew's school for a minute (not to leave, just to talk to someone in another room), he gets upset even though he really wants to go to school like his big brother.
I just posted on the main board about the carseat question, and I posted about someone not so sure about the late seating b/c of young children. Those are my tips for now...

plutojudy
03-29-2004, 10:45 AM
Ok, I did my postcards and I filled out our docs. I am ready.

lurontravel
03-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Our post cards are done too, I printed up the info for our family and last night Andrew (4 y/o) helped me tape it to the backs of our postcards. I made up 15. That's enough, right Phrebert?

plutojudy
03-29-2004, 12:50 PM
I made up 15 postcards, too. I printed our info on stickers. First time I have made labels with my Mickey print shop.

Tandyc
03-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Ok post cards are done. Lets go! I can't wait any longer. That DCL special on the Travel channel got me so excited, I even found hidden mickeys in my dinner last night!

plutojudy
03-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Hidden Mickey fever. I even search the stained glass windows at church looking for Hidden Mickeys.;)

Edinafabs
03-29-2004, 07:36 PM
:p :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We've got them!!!!Yeah!!!! Picked up our docs at AAA today. No upgrade but we had waitlisted for one of the less obstructed secret porthole cabins and had cleared for that way back in May 03, maybe thats why they didn't upgrade us-no matter we're going! I'm happy to be on deck 5 -right close to the Oceaneers Club.

We got a voucher for 3 free soda mugs by booking w/AAA. Now I need to get all my separately booked stuff together. Air sch.,car rental, htl and cruise. It was in the high 60's today but will turn cold & rainy for the rest of the week. It may never be Spring here. Florida weather,I can't wait for it.

I am useless at work--I can only think of this cruise.

I posted this but does anyone know from experience--do they have veggie burgers at Topsiders or Plutos?
I'm so excited-its like I've never cruised before.

Daisy5115
03-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Edina,
We are staying on Deck 5 near you in an inside cabin. Should be a great location according to those here who have stayed there in the past!

Tandyc
03-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Hey! We can have a deck 5 party! We are in 5005 way forward inside. Glad to be on the club floor, but a little concerned about the forward part:rolleyes:

See you soon at the Dis-Meet:Pinkbounc

Tandy

DenverVal
03-30-2004, 12:20 AM
Deck 5 must be the DISdeck! We'll be staying in 5500! :)

dustinplowman
03-30-2004, 05:36 PM
WE GOT OUR DOCS!

Tandyc
03-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Congrats Dustinplowman! It's official now, your cruisin' soon. Glad to have you along!

Tandy

CB4U
03-30-2004, 08:23 PM
Hi All,

Got my postcards today! We are trying to tie up the loose ends. Can you all believe how close this is getting? We ordered some baskets today from The Perfect Gift down at Port Canaveral. They are so helpful. FYI - The Perfect Gift has 15% off coupons for Ron Jons stores. They are sending us the coupon in our Key West packet. I think I'll buy some Sea Safe lotion at Ron Jon's before we board!!

Congrats on getting your docs Dustinplowman! Doesn't it feel great??

:boat: :boat: :boat: :boat: :boat:

Edinafabs
03-30-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah! Deck 5, the DISDeck--I love it. As they predicted, its cold and rainy today. I keep dreaming of Florida weather. But I haven't seen any hidden Mickeys in my carrot sticks yet. :hyper:

Phrebert
04-01-2004, 12:44 PM
A DCL rep called us and said we were upgraded to cabin 8016. We cant wait

Phrebert
04-01-2004, 12:46 PM
Her name was April Sloof.:earsboy:

Tandyc
04-01-2004, 02:00 PM
Silly Phrebert!:p

CB4U
04-01-2004, 04:41 PM
I'm ready to cruise now!! We have had torrential rains here in the NE. I have been pumping water out of the basement all day and we're still not done. More rain headed in this evening.....ah just to sit out on the verandah with a nice cold glass of wine. :umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella:

wendilyn
04-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Hey CB4U!
This rain is crazy! You can float a canoe in our front yard! Can't wait for the 24th! So glad April is here!
Hey has anyone gone horseback riding in GC? Do you know what time they let non- dis excursion people onto the tenders?
Thanks,
Wendilyn:wave:

DenverVal
04-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Do you think you could arrange to have it rain directly into our reservoirs? We could really use that rain out here!

Phrebert, good one!:p I had to look that one up!

Ontario Kim
04-03-2004, 12:36 PM
They finally came!!! Do you think they got stuck at the border? We didn't get an upgrade:mad: but we are happy with our room. We are on the 8th deck in the middle (right beside a catagory 3) We almost made it to the catagory 3 I guess. We are still actually hoping we will be moved next door but will have to wait and see.

In our documents we received a Bahamas Immigration form to fill out. Did anyone else on our cruise get one or did they send it to us in error (thinking we are on Eastern?) Is this something new for Castaway Key?

DenverVal - I think it was you I saw posted on another thread about the Hyatt Day Room. We booked ours back in February and got the 60.00 rate plus 11.5% tax. Since then we have had to cancel since our flights got changed to the morning so we no longer need the room. They must have uped their day room price. I still think it is a great way to spend the day.

Kim

CB4U
04-03-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi Ontario Kim,

Wow! You must be so relieved to get your docs. Congrats. We are on deck 8 at the aft elevators. We are beside a category 3 as well. Great minds run together, we were hoping for an upgrade too! We received the immigration form also. I didn't think we received them last year either. I guess it is a new procedure.

We are still cleaning up after the rains here in NH. I just keep thinking to myself - in three weeks I'll be on the cruise. It keeps me motivated. Pixie Dust please for here in NH -- no more rain! :umbrella: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

lurontravel
04-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Hey, we are on the 8th deck also, in cabin 8012, unless we get upgraded...
I guess we can have 2 dis decks, 8 and 5.
Glad to see we will have company.
Three weeks to go.

Ontario Kim
04-03-2004, 01:44 PM
CB4U - You will love your location!! On our previous last two cruises we were in 8084 and this was an awesome room. We wanted it again but they told us it was booked - put us on GTY and told us we were the last Catagory 4 available and our chance for an upgrade was really good. (Thats why we are still hoping). We really like the aft location as it was close to the stairs to go get lemonade, coffee etc at the drink station. This time we are midship so it is a longer walk. Guess we'll have to use room service more often.
Kim

CB4U
04-03-2004, 03:54 PM
Kim,

We are in 8580. I think its right across the elevator lobby from where you were last time. I like this location because as you said, the kids can just go up the stairs one flight to the pools and the drink stands etc. We were in 8564 last year. Just hoping for smooth sailing. I have been reading some of the recent trip reports and it looks like the seas have been a bit rocky.:tilt:

plutojudy
04-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Oh no, not rough seas again. We have been on one rough cruise and one very, very rough cruise. We are hoping for smoother seas this cruise. We will be watching the weather in the Midwest on Thursday, April 22. That is the weather that catches up with us on Sunday at sea. On our last two cruises a cold front with high winds went through the Midwest on Thursday and really socked us on Sunday and Monday.
Three weeks from today we will be on the Magic!!!

Ontario Kim
04-03-2004, 05:04 PM
CB4U

We are in 8550 - same side of the ship as you. I heard this is a great side as you follow the coastline down to Key West and in the evening you see all the lights on the coastline.

The seas are rough now - but they will be nice and calm by the time we sail. Trust me!!

The sun actually shone here today!! We reached a high of 5C but they are calling for snow showers tomorrow. I do hope we will be able to get some of the deck furniture out before we head south. My DS Brian, 11, actually got a sunburn today from playing road hockey all day. Our fair skin is just not used to being exposed after such a long COLD COLD SNOWY winter.

Kim :sunny:

Tandyc
04-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Ontario Kim I PM you!

Only 3 wks, only 3 wks, Yahoo!

taylorsmom
04-04-2004, 07:32 PM
My husband and i will be taking our 2 yr old daughter with us, I am hoping to meet people with kids the similar age for her to play with she loves little kids.::MinnieMo

taylorsmom
04-04-2004, 07:42 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone knows how to get an upgrade? we have and outside room on deck two ( which kind of stinks) Any help greatly appreciated!!!:umbrella:

DenverVal
04-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Welcome, taylorsmom! I believe Lurontravel has a little one who is the same age as yours. Are you all set to go? Three more weeks!

Just finished my postcards! This group is getting big--I need to get a few more.

Ontario Kim: Yes, that was me whining about the additional cost of the day room :crazy2: but I feel certain that the luxury of being able to relax is worth the extra $15, especially since our plane doesn't leave until 6.

Wendilyn: I PMed you...did you get it? :goodvibes

Last Sunday I met a family through a school program of my daughter's who just got back from the 7-day eastern! Is this a small world or what??! Her DD's hair was braided from the cruise and we had a nice chat about their experience. It just got me more excited about our upcoming cruise, and hopeful that the seas will be nice and calm.... :boat:

taylorsmom
04-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Yes we are very excited and cant wait to go! Thanks for the info and look forwad to meeting everyone!!!::MinnieMo

Edinafabs
04-05-2004, 12:40 PM
:crazy: It rained so much here I thought I'd have to start on an ark -then Sat. nt it stopped! ....And turned to snow-ugh. It was 20 degrees this morning when I got in the car to go to work-I turned to DH and said-"only 18 more days until we leave for FL". Yeah! I'm hoping for smooth seas but, if not, I like to be rocked to sleep at night. :teeth:

DD just turned 5 a few days ago, DenverVal, do you have a 5 yr old also?

How many postcards are we up to now?

DenverVal
04-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Edinafabs - My DDs are 8 and 11. If they have Toontown on the ship, I will never see them. DD8 was #2 in number of "bots" killed, keep in mind this is an internet game....

As for postcards, I counted 18, including myself. Is everyone coming to the DISmeet?

Tandyc
04-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Howdy fellow Magic cruisers!

The banner is done for the DisMeet. It's cute but a little hard to pack. :rolleyes:

I filled my tip envelopes, got the dryer sheets, wrinkle releaser, spot cleaner, and more Mickey Heads from Home Depot for door decorations. Still feel like I am forgetting something important to pack. Hmmmm:(

Once Easter is over I'm not sure I'll be still stand the excitement. Right now it's all about coloring eggs, and bunnies around here!

What are all the rest of you doing to prepare?

Tandy

plutojudy
04-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Thansk for doing the banner.
We have large size envelopes for each port, put all our info, maps, etc, so maybe we will have what we need each time we get off the ship.
I think all my shopping is done.
Going to try on my clothes to decide what to take and what to leave home. Will advise my husbands which clothes he needs.
Still need to fix cash for tips.
Have enough film and extra batteries for me.
Enough photo cards for my husband. (He likes digital)
I printed the Navigators and Shopping In Paradise guides, read them and made notes about what I need to remember. Have highlighters to bring with for daily use.
Bought plenty of suntan lotions.
That's it for now.

CB4U
04-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Hi Everybody,

Just finishing up here as well. I also need to get my final tips in order. I have a roll of quarters for the laundry (ugh!) and purchased the soap tablets and dryer sheets, portable hamper and the over the door holder. I want to bring about $50 in one dollar bills (tips for the porters and tips for room service).

I had bought 15 postcards..looks like we may need a few more?

Welcome to Taylorsmom!

Tandyc - Thanks for making our banner!

Guess what?? It stopped raining here. We had snow flurries instead!! :sunny:

taosbird
04-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Taylorsmom, we have 20 month old...will turn 21 months on the ship, coming with us and she love other kids...finally found a good hat to bring to cover my big bald head... yea! still don't know if our docs came the inlaws will be back 4-6 so we'll know then. :bounce:

Daisy5115
04-05-2004, 05:03 PM
We got an upgrade! Just got the call from the TA this afternoon. We went from a cat 11 to a cat 8! AND still on deck 5, which I was wondering if I'd be willing to trade in if we got an offer. Yippee! The pixie dust has started!

Off to orient myself to the new stateroom!
::yes:: :bounce:

Tandyc
04-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Just got the call from Costco, "Disney has upgraded you to Cat 8 rm 6508!"

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

So what do you all know about our new room?

How much better can it get? Less than 3 weeks and an upgrade! Yahoo ooo oooo ooo oo:tongue:

CB4U
04-05-2004, 05:21 PM
TandyC and Daisy5115,

Woo Hoo!! Congrats. :hyper:

Great news on the upgrades.

Ontario Kim
04-05-2004, 06:47 PM
CB4U

What do you think - all these upgrades - Guess you and I will be next. I'm invisioning it now, two Catagory 3's - One for your family and one for mine!!

I went and booked the REAS package, Jeep Tour on Cozumel and the Banana Boat ride on Castaway Cay. We still haven't come to a final decision for Grand Cayman. Right now we are thinking of booking a private sail boat or rent a van.

Tomorrow I plan on going swimsuit shopping. What a delightful experience I am sure to have!!!

Kim:tongue:

taylorsmom
04-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Anyone know of a good beach to go to in grand caymans and cozumel (kind of quiet):bounce:

CB4U
04-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Ontario Kim,

Maybe if one of us got an upgrade we could all squeeze in :grouphug: :grouphug:

DenverVal
04-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Postcard update, DISers on the April 24 western:

ArthurAmish, CB4U, Daisy5115, DenverVal, Dustinplowman, Edinafabs, Jerinknox, Lurontravel, OntarioKim, Otimon, Phrebert, PlutoJudy, Shirley38, Tandyc, Taosbird, Taylorsmom, Toot2, Wendilyn

Did I miss anyone?

lurontravel
04-05-2004, 07:37 PM
Taylorsmom,
Glad you are joining us. We have 2.5 and 4.5 year old sons. The little one loves to play with other children too. We hope he likes flounders (we have the late dinner seating). And the older one loves going to school (half days), and can't wait to meet his new friends and teachers on the Mickey ship.

Why is every one bringing cash for tips? I heard you can put the tips on your room account at the beginning of the trip and adjust up or down at the end depending on service quality.

We are also hoping to be upgraded to category three. I called Disney today and there are still plenty of cat 3's and 4's available for the cruise. We'll see what happens...

taylorsmom
04-05-2004, 07:53 PM
lurontravel
My daughter is just under two 1/2. We are also have the late seating because she goes to bed late and thought it would work best with our schedule. I am looking to get an upgrade should i wait till we get there or should i call and ask now?::MinnieMo

Tandyc
04-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Hey fellow 4/24ers!
I posted on the 5/1 thread that I would like to pass on the DisMeet Banner. They are psyched about it. They asked that we all sign it in sharpies and leave it at Guest Services for them to pick up for thier meet. So please bring your Sharpies. If anyone is willing to take a pix of it to post once we get home, that would be great!

Just wanted to keep ya'll updated (wish I could upgrade ya'll) on the banner situation:D

Tandy

DenverVal
04-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Tandy, that is such a cool idea! I just bought a new 8-pack of sharpies assorted colors for my DD's pillowcases-- I'll bring them to the DISmeet! :Pinkbounc Do you think the sharpies will work on the lamination, or will they smear? We have a digital camera...if anyone gets internet access, I bet we can post it to the boards while we're still on the ship...:smooth:

Tandyc
04-05-2004, 08:51 PM
DenverGal-

I was worried about the smearing thing too. I'll go try in in a corner. Wait we are going to dye eggs and then I'll go test a spot.

Tandy

Daisy5115
04-05-2004, 09:41 PM
OK, after checking the feedback on our new cabin #5000, I find several reports that this is a very noisy cabin with slamming door, and noise from below from the shows until after the last performance. I am now freaking out a little bit. We had a nice inside category 11 in a quiet location 5513. I am going to call TA tomorrow to see if there is a chance of another cat 8 but really hate to look a gift horse in the mouth! The bigger cabin, split bath and porthole must be better even with the noise, right? HELP anyone have encouragement for me?:eek:

Edinafabs
04-05-2004, 10:32 PM
lurontravel your DS sounds like my DD. SHe is excited to meet her new Disney friends too.
Daisy, I think the upgrade is great! Pass along the pixie dust, I'd love to get one too.
Boy, you are all so ahead of me. I still have some shopping to do. I do have my lists and lists of lists so far. Hopefully I'll get alot more done this weekend.
We're planning on going to Paradise Bch in Cozumel-but I don't know that its a quiet place. I'd like to go to Cemetary Bch in Gr.Cayman but it has no facilities so that might change. Someone suggested going to the turtle farm and I think we may do that too.

Tandyc
04-06-2004, 12:28 AM
The sharpies don't smear after a couple seconds to dry.

time for bed! Night night.

lurontravel
04-06-2004, 11:07 AM
Less then two weeks to go til our silent auction, and I 'm going CRAZY!! People who committed to a project and didn't come through are making me nuts. I'm picking up their slack so it goes well, and in the mean time, haven't taken care of getting anything done for our cruise! I hope to finish up this project (the auction catalogue, that got dumped on me), so I can get on with important things like reading this board and figuring out how to catch up and get ready for our cruise! Can't wait to go. I'll be making a list up of things to buy and pack soon!

Tandyc
04-06-2004, 06:03 PM
lurontravel-

Tandyc
04-06-2004, 06:03 PM
lurontravel-

Tandyc
04-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Ooops! Let's try that again!

Lurontravel-

When is the auction? I remember you were working on it but how soon is the end? You are a trooper for taking up others slack. I'm sure it will be a huge success.

Take a deep breath, finish what you have to for the auction. Know that we all will be here for you when you have more time. We can remind you of the things you need to do and what to pack. You know, the wierd stuff (dollar bills, shoe holders, spray on sun screen ect.)

Keep smiling only 2 1/2 weeks!

lurontravel
04-07-2004, 12:55 AM
Tandyc,
Thanks for the encouragement/support! It is very muck appreciated. It will all be over on Saturday, April 17th at 3 pm. Not soon enough! Just finished the catalogue (over 130 items!), the closing page, the events agenda, and emailed it all to the printer. Now, just the last minute details (like getting the sponsors to turn in their ads tomorrow, oops, today, so they'll make it into the booklet), and putting the prizes into envelopes and labelling them, and printing out bid sheets. I hope my family (and Dis friends) still love me after hearing about this auction and nothing else when it's finally over! Will I be able to mainstream back into normal society after this? I am afraid I won't have anything to talk about...

Before I forget, THANK YOU for making the banner. What a great idea to pass it on to the next cruise! It's so cool to be part of the first group to use it! Do you think that the May 1 Dis-cruisers will pass it on, and so on, and so on? That'd be really neat (not to mention, you won't have to pack it up to take it home), and all of your hard work will be appreciated by so many!

My husband has put a paper near the computer in the kitchen for me to write down all important items to do/get for the cruise so we don't forget something really important, so maybe later this am I'll get a chance to write it all down.

By the way, is anyone else staying at Ron Jon's the night or two of the nights before the cruise?

I can't believe that we're up to 17 postcards! Should be a really fun meet!

CB4U
04-07-2004, 05:49 AM
We're staying at Ron Jons Friday night. We should get there around 7 pm. Not much time to enjoy the property but still plenty of room at a great rate.

:)

lurontravel
04-07-2004, 06:01 AM
After I posted, I noticed that several item numbers were out of sequence, and that one item had been ommitted, so I had to re-do the stuff for the printer. Now it's done, no matter what (except for the addendum).

CB4U, what time are you taking the shuttle over to the port? I think we booked for early like 9:30 or 10:00, so we expect to spend some time under the tent.

I'm getting excited too, just worried about packing!

CB4U
04-07-2004, 06:13 AM
lurontravel,

Good morning! We have a rental car. What we usually do is my husband drops us off at the port (10:30 or so) and the rest of us check in. He returns the car, takes their shuttle back and checks himself in. It works out quite well.

Tandyc
04-07-2004, 09:54 AM
We're a Ron Jon's also! We have a Budget rental car and plan to follow CB4U's plan, have DH drop off my DSs and Meat port, take the shuttle back. I can hardly wait.

Sounds like the acution is coming along really well. Good job! Wow that's a lot of work. You are going to need this vacation.

The people on the 5/1 dis meet board already had some type of association with the 5/8 folks, so as soon as I asked about passsing the banner to them they knew they would pass it on to the next group. I'm so glad they are willing to do this. They are quite excited about the whole thing, too.

Have a great day everyone!

Tandy

Ontario Kim
04-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Went shopping today to pick up a few cruise related items - one of which was postcards. Well.....I found something to give to fellow DISers that I couldn't resist. They will serve the same function as postcards but I thought they would be appreciated more than a postcard from St. Thomas with Jumbo the Elephant on it. Did all of you out there know that St. Thomas (Ontario) is famous for Jumbo the circus elephant from Barnium and Bally's Circus was killed her by a train? Just a little trivia. Don't worry, you won't be tested on this detail.

plutojudy
04-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Is Jumbo buried in Woodlawn Cemetery here in the Chicago area? There are a lot of circus animals from a train accident buried in the same cemetery as my father and grandparents.

As far as postcards, I have 15, not every DISer on our cruise responded that they are attending. Am I correct or did I miss something?

Ontario Kim
04-07-2004, 02:42 PM
Jumbo was the only animal killed here when the circus was here. He was crossing the tracks rather slowly I guess. Or perhaps the train operator just didn't see him. I have no idea where they buried him but I don't think his remains are here in St. T.

CB4U
04-07-2004, 02:45 PM
Believe this or not, I grew up near Tufts University in Massachusetts....there was an exhibit in one of the University's halls on Jumbo the Elephant. Jumbo is/was the school's mascot. I remember reading all about the train accident. There was even a huge likeness of Jumbo. There were many pictures as well. There was a fire in the hall that destoyed the entire exhibit a while back. But Jumbo the Elephant is a part of my past...Kim, I knew we had a lot in common!!:hyper:

CB4U
04-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Kim/Judy,

Check out this link:

. enews.tufts.edu/stories/021303JumboCollection.htm

lurontravel
04-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Plutojudy,
Maybe I have it incorrect, I thought that Denverval made a count of everyone back on pg 15, and I counted 18 there including us, and that those listed were planning to attend the meet.

Denverval, Does that mean everyone you put down is coming to our meet? Please clarify for us.

Guess some of us earlybirds will be able to get aquainted in the terminal since so many seem to be arriving in the am.

Off to Target to get some things on my list that you all have mentioned!

:wave2:

DenverVal
04-07-2004, 03:41 PM
15 of the 18 are folks who are chatting on this Cruise Meets thread, the other 3 are frequent chatters on other threads, and who've been invited over here, but haven't said anything on this one. I'm still not sure who all is coming, but I'll be there! Excited to see the banner Tandy made!

taylorsmom
04-07-2004, 03:51 PM
I dont know if anyone has me down as coming since i am new but i will be there! Just thought i would let you know so you can have an accurate head count::MinnieMo

Ontario Kim
04-07-2004, 07:18 PM
CB4U

That is just too funny. I cannot actually believe that others in the BIG world have actually heard of Jumbo the elephant.

Does this mean that you all want postcards with a large elephant on them or can I bring the suprise cards that I felt were just as appropriate to the Dis Meet?

The statue of Jumbo is actually lifesize and he is atop the hill that leads into St. Thomas. It was erected about 15 years ago and it was really funny because the base coat of paint they had on him was PINK. St. Thomas was the laughing stock of southwestern Ontario for about two weeks. We made the Detroit News and the Toronto news to name a few. He was then painted an elephant grey to match his original colour.

Looking forward to meeting everyone soon. We had sunshine:sunny: here today. Still just above 0C. Can't wait to get to some warmth.

Kim:wave2: