PDA

View Full Version : Whale Rider

*Robin*
10-29-2003, 02:27 PM
I don't know who put it out, I don't know even when it was released...but if Disney put out just one movie every 5 years with the heart and the soul that the movie "Whale Rider" has, they would be back in my heart as the best of the best.

I picked this movie up today on DVD, and I have to say, it's one of the best I have ever seen in my life...and I'm a movie junkie...

Sorry this isn't Disney news, I just wanted you all to know it's well worth the 20 bucks or so to buy it.

Rexfan
10-30-2003, 11:00 AM
I just got it and am planning on watching it tomorrow night. Would a 6 & 10 year old like it?

*Robin*
10-30-2003, 11:39 AM
My 7yo son was kind of bored through the beginning then all of a sudden he just sat down and watched it to the end. It's a slow beginning, especially for younger ones, but I would say, especially if you have daughters, it's a must, must, must have/watch... You're 10 y.o. should love it if he/she is into nature or things tribal (we are big on indigenous cultures around here) We had just done a bunch of reading on the Maori before the dvd came out. That may be why it was so touching to me.

It was just such a wonderful, wonderful movie.

And just a heads up, the special features are just as entertaining, at least for me, as the movie itself. I loved the way they showed the making of the canoe...

:):):) I hope you all like it!

Rexfan
10-31-2003, 07:40 AM
Thanks! I have really been looking forward to this, and it sounds like something my 10 yr old DD will love!:cool: