PDA

View Full Version : December 11, 2004 Eastern cruise thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Bbgrizzle
10-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Hi,
I just switched our cruise dates to 12/11/04 and I'm wondering if there are any other DIS'ers out there who will be cruising with us. This is our 3rd DCL cruise, our most recent one was May of this year. We have done Eastern and Western both and are looking forward to another Eastern so we can have that extra day at sea.

Let me introduce you to our family (ages at time of cruise):

Brent (36)
Bonnie (33)
DD Heather (11)
DD Caitlin (7)
DD Ainslee (3)

Hope to hear from some other DIS'ers who will be cruising with us! :Pinkbounc

WDWLVR
10-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Hi Bonnie - we won't be sailing with you :( but take care of the ship for us because we board the day you get off for the 10 day holiday cruise.

Just wanted to say HI! Hope we both have as great of weather in Dec. 2004 as we did when we sailed in May :sunny:

Bbgrizzle
10-29-2003, 08:04 PM
Hi Mary,
I will leave the ship in excellent shape for you! As for the weather, I wasn't fond of it in May (I'm not used to the humidity). That's why I chose December! Take care! :cutie:

SQUIGGLE
10-30-2003, 06:27 AM
Hi Bonnie, we'll be with you on the 12/11/04 cruise. Just DD & myself (both well over 21). Sure seems a long way off.
Which May cruise were you on? We were on the 5/17/03 Eastern.
I like that extra sea day too.

fran

Bbgrizzle
10-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Hi Fran!
We were on the May 10th Western, so we just missed you! Did you have a DIS meet on yours? We did and it was really great meeting everyone. So is this your second cruise?

Dis Mama
10-30-2003, 08:36 PM
Hi Bbgrizzle!! It's been a while SQUIGGLE. There are about 30 of us (Family) that are scheduled to go. Due to Workman's Comp and Insurance issues with my husband's business I'm not sure if we will be able to go. We are keeping our fingers crossed and would love to go again. In my family it will be:

Mike (38)
Lisa (34)
DD Devyn (6)
DS Trevor (4)

I hope to meet you all!!!

SQUIGGLE
10-31-2003, 12:52 PM
This will be our 6th cruise. We did the 3 day and 4 day way back when those were the only cruises DCL had. Then we've done 2 7 day Easerns and the Inaugural 7 day Western.
Didn't really do a meet on the May 2003 Eastern; but had three meets on the Inaugrual Western. One at the Radisson the night before; another at the SailAway Party and a 3rd on one of the Sea Days. Was really nice putting faces to the names.

Dis Mama - sure hope you can make it. A group of 30 would be awesome! Sounds like a lot of work.

Oh, well, have to get back to work!

Bbgrizzle
11-02-2003, 10:27 AM
It doesn't seem like there are too many people on our cruise! Of course it is still early. Lisa, hope you join us!

I need advice. :confused: We will be traveling with my mom and her husband (their first cruise!) and we have 3 kids. Right now, my family is in a category 4 and they are in a category 9. I thought that since we have my mom with us this time, one of the kids could sleep in their stateroom (they already said it was fine) and then we could downgrade and not pay as much. We thought of even going down to a category 9, and getting connecting staterooms. On our first cruise (with no kids), Brent and I were in a category 9 and thought it was fine. Our second cruise we took the kids and were in a category 4. If we do a categoy 9, will it seem really crowded with the two kids this time? I can't remember how small the room actually was. A verandah is not an issue for me, as last time I only went out on it twice the whole cruise. We would like to save money so that we can also do the 5 days at WDW before the cruise. But we don't want to be uncomfortable, either. Thanks for your advice.

SQUIGGLE
11-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Bonnie, can't speak from experience as we have only had room with a verandah (I love to sit out there early in the morning and before bed); but from diagrams Cat 9 looks size of Cat 6 without the verandah. And it does say some sleep 4. Sorry I can't be more help. You might try posting a thred on the general cruise board.

fran

RagamuffinMom
11-08-2003, 01:10 PM
Hi Everyone!

We just booked three rooms on the December 11th, 7 day cruise.

Traveling will be my family:

Eric and Veronica (my hubby and I)
Anne - 7
Sam - 5
Jed - 22 months

As well as two other families with children the same ages as ours.

My friends have never been on a cruise before, much less a Disney cruise! We were on a 3 day Disney cruise last October and can't wait to experience the 7 day.

It's a long way off but I'm hoping the dream of it will make a long cold winter in Buffalo a bit more tolerable.

Where are y'all from?

Bbgrizzle
11-08-2003, 01:30 PM
Welcome, Ragamuffinmom! Looks like we will have DDs the same age. Is yours in first grade this year? We are from Las Vegas.

Fran, thanks for your advice. I went ahead and downgraded to the category 9. I think it will be fine. We booked connecting rooms with my mom and stepdad, and each sleeps 4. The category 4 didn't seem that much bigger when we had it this year anyway. I'll just be happy to be back on the Magic!

RagamuffinMom
11-08-2003, 06:24 PM
Yes - our dd is in first grade. Traveling with us will be another first grade girl and 5 boys of various ages along with their respective parental units.

We sailed last October as a gift from my dear mother in law. It was only a 3 day cruise but since she was going with us she had booked the Walt Disney suite. We won't be in such luxurious accomodations this cruise (we're all in a row of cat 6's) but I'd take a 7 day cruise in a cat 11 over a 3 day in a suite! Just being on the ship alone is heavenly!!!

Bbgrizzle
11-13-2003, 05:35 PM
In May, our stateroom was 2 doors down from the Walt Disney Suite and we would always peek in when it was being cleaned. :teeth: We couldn't see all that much, but it looked very nice! How many people can it hold? I'm with you--I'd definitely take a 7-day in the lowest category over a 3 day in the highest. I've never done one less than 7 days, but I feel like if I did a 3 day, they'd have to be all three days at sea. I don't really care about the ports, I like being on the ship!

I ordered a new DCL video and it just arrived! I hope it's different than the one I got a year ago.

wdw1972
11-17-2003, 06:09 PM
I'll be booking, but since I'm a DVC member I have to wait until January 12th to book this cruise. I might also book Oct 30th, but the Dec 11th is the only sure thing at this point.

We'll be 2 adults - no kids!

RagamuffinMom
11-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Welcome Sue!

You might be going on two cruises within 2 months of each other?!?!?

I'm so totally jealous!

SQUIGGLE
12-13-2003, 10:25 AM
We now have less than 1 year!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday!

fran

Bbgrizzle
12-19-2003, 11:26 AM
jwann and Buckleybunch,
Here we are, right here! :)

How is everyone else doing? Did you see that WDW holiday special on the travel channel with Samantha Brown? I am so ready to go! Is anyone else spending time at WDW before/after the cruise? We are planning to spend 4 or 5 days there before the cruise. We've never been at Christmastime, so we are really excited. I wish you all a happy holiday!

jwann
12-19-2003, 11:36 PM
I am SOOOOO excited to have a thread just for our cruise!!!!!
It makes it seem so REAL!!!
Here's our travel party - 8 in total:
Myself (38)
DH (41)
DS (9)
DS (6)
My sister (36)
DH (41)
DS (8)
DD (5)

We have all been on a 4-day and a 3-day Disney cruise. Both of them in 2003. I can't beleive we have to wait a whole year to go again.

Do you think we'll have a DIS meet? My sis and I and the kids are always dancing during the sailaway party. This is what we'll look like so you'll know which ones are us:
:Pinkbounc :smooth: :wave: :Pinkbounc :crazy: :Pinkbounc
Clear? lol

Buckleybunch
12-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Hi Disney Cruisers for Dec 11,2004..

My family will be traveling.. Looking for a 12 or 13 yr old to start a pen pal friendship with my will be 13yr old..

Rob ( DH)
Linda ME
Shelby 12 now
Delanie and Darby 8
Noah 6

then my parents are also going with us.
The twins will be celebrating their 9th bday on the date we return. Then we have planns to go to AKL until after Christmas.

jwann
12-20-2003, 10:36 PM
I just saw the Travel channel special on WDW during the holidays! I am trying to talk my clan into staying in the park a few days after the cruise. That Mickey Christmas Party from 7-12 at night looked GREAT. Has anyone done that before? When will they release the dates for that? Do you think they'll have it after we get off our cruise??

Buckleybunch
12-21-2003, 08:57 AM
We did the Mickey's Merry Christmas Party last year. It was a lot of fun. Last year they had it on the 18th, as we could of went on our twins bday. This year they had it until the 19th.
They had some great christmas shows. Snow falling - hot cocoa and cookies.

I'm ready for next Christmas already. :) ( or Dec 11, 2004 to get her sooner)

Bbgrizzle
12-21-2003, 07:34 PM
jwann: I think we should definitely have a DIS meet! Our first cruise we didn't have one and our second cruise we did. The DIS meet made the second cruise so much more fun, running into people we knew all week! :wave2:

Buckleybunch: When you went to MVMCP, was it really crowded? Which day of the week did you go? Also, are your twins in first grade this year, or second?

wdw1972: Sue, did you used to be on the AOL WDW boards?

Buckleybunch
12-21-2003, 08:27 PM
Hi, we went on the 17th or 16th. I can't remember I know it was before the twins bday.. Yes, it was a little busy. A Long time ago, the parties ( MVMCP and MNSHP) was fun to go to.. No crowds, but they keep selling more tickets. But it's still fun.
The twins are in 2nd grade.

where is the AOL WDW boards?

jwann
12-23-2003, 05:20 AM
Merry Christmas - to my DIS friends!!! See you in Dec. '04!!!

Buckleybunch
12-25-2003, 11:40 PM
Merry Christmas to all the Dec 11th 2004 Cruisers

Linda & the Bunch

SQUIGGLE
12-26-2003, 02:38 PM
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
We go to MVMCP every year. Always have a fun time. It is definitely worth seeing. It always feels good watching the parade in the "snow" on Main Street - in shorts! Trying to decide if we will be able to go next year. Will kind of depend on the days they have it.
Hopefully we can work out a DIS meet before we sail. Have a little time to work on it. LOL

fran

Buckleybunch
12-31-2003, 09:10 AM
Hi,
I just wanted to bump this up to the first page, and Wish everyone A HAPPY NEW YEAR!:wizard: :jumping1:

jwann
01-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Happy New Year Cruise Friends!
Before you know it - we'll be in the 200's!

Buckleybunch
01-01-2004, 01:52 PM
YUP at least we are now in the same year of our cruise date.. :)

Bbgrizzle
01-01-2004, 03:48 PM
On the other thread for this cruise, Lillygator (welcome, Lillygator!) asked us to tell about ourselves and I said I would go next.

I'm Bonnie (32), married to Brent (35), and we have three DD's Heather (10), Caitlin (6), and Ainslee (2). Ages are as of right now. Brent is an architectural drafter and I have my teaching degree, but I am substitute teaching a couple days a week because I'm not ready to work full time. This will be our 3rd 7-day DCL cruise and we are excited! I like Disney vacations, scrapbooking, and collecting Mary Engelbreit teapots. We live in Las Vegas, so we have been to Disneyland many, many times. We've only been to WDW twice so far and can't wait to go again before the cruise. My mom, Kathi (55) and her DH Keith (62) will be joining us for their first cruise ever and first trip to WDW! I think they will be impressed!

Who is next?

PS (BuckleyBunch, I really like your pictures. If I ever figure out how to post them in my siggy, I'll attempt to do so!)

Buckleybunch
01-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Bonnie,
I just figured out how to do the pictures today.
I went to imagestation and signed up for a "Free' membership to host the pictures.
Then when you upload the pictures you right click to get the properties then you copy and paste that with the at the beginning and then at the end.

I'll move my introduction over to this thread.

I would love to see your pages of your SB, I'm a co-moderator of the disneyscrappers on yahoo.com

I don't ever have time to sb anymore... I need to change that this year.:earsgirl:

Buckleybunch
01-01-2004, 04:13 PM
lillygator,
I"ll start..
My name is Linda. I live in Nebraska.. ( brrr).
I've been married for 17 1/2 yrs. My husband is Rob.
We have 4 wonderful ( bratty) kids..
Shelby will be 13 in March, Delanie, Darby are 8 they will turn 9 the day we get back ( Dec 18), and Noah is 6 as of yesterday.
My parents will be coming a long with us.

We have never cruised before, so we are extra excited. We told the kids on Christmas Eve - now they can't stop talking about it.

Here is some pictures of us. i dont' like the picture of me.. I look hippy ( as big hips) and my eyes are closed..

jwann
01-05-2004, 09:14 PM
BUMP -

I am making it my personal goal to never let this thread leave the first page.

Everyone's gotta have a goal, right?

SQUIGGLE
01-11-2004, 02:35 PM
OK, holidays are over. Time to start exercising before the cruise. I'm already thinking about that loster and the warm chocolate lave cake. I guess that means another mile on the bike!

fran

Bbgrizzle
01-11-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by SQUIGGLE
OK, holidays are over. Time to start exercising before the cruise. I'm already thinking about that loster and the warm chocolate lave cake. I guess that means another mile on the bike!

True that, Fran! I just started going back to the gym with the same thoughts in mind.

jwann
01-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Me, too!!
I burned a CD with music that I heard on our previous Sail Away parties and I've been walking while listening to it. I also started Atkins and am doing well with it so far! Isn't it great to think that our big, 7-day cruise is THIS year?

Jennifer

jwann
01-23-2004, 07:22 PM
bump:wave2:

Bbgrizzle
01-24-2004, 10:18 AM
Jennifer, I am doing Atkins too. For two weeks I was doing the low fat thing and I only lost half a pound! I was exercising too! I wanted to ask you where you got the sailaway music. I want to exercise to it too!

SQUIGGLE
01-24-2004, 11:49 AM
Is anyone staying at the Radisson Friday night? I was wondering when to makes ressies. Does anyone think it will be crowded at that time of year?

fran

jwann
01-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Bbgrizzle - I just sent you a PM about the exercise CD.

Re: the hotel, I think we are staying on-park the night before and try to go to the Mickey Christmas Party thing.

Bbgrizzle
01-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Our thread slipped down to the bottom of the second page! Can't let that happen!

Nope, we aren't staying at the Raddison; we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I say make your reservation now, why not? Better safe than sorry. And if you change your mind you can always cancel.

jwann: I sent you a PM the other day and I forgot to tell you. I know I never read mine unless someone lets me know I have one. Sorry. :)

jwann
01-30-2004, 08:44 PM
Oh my! I was asleep at the wheel then - bottom of the second page - YIKES.

I hope we get more folks on our thread:)

Bbgrizzle - got your PM - you should get the CD this Sat. or Mon.
Hope you like it!

SQUIGGLE
02-04-2004, 05:12 AM
Just 11 more months! Unless you don't count the month we are going; then it's just 10 more months!!

::yes::

SQUIGGLE
02-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Hey! Where is everyone? Out exercising, I guess. Any ideas on where/when for a meet?

fran

Bbgrizzle
02-08-2004, 03:44 PM
Hi Fran, Hi everyone!
Well, no, I wasn't out exercising, but I did go to Walmart to stock up on Atkins bars. Does that count? :D

As for the DIS meet, on our May cruise we had the meet on Deck 10 overlooking the Goofy pool. We met just before the sail-a-way party at 4:00 I think. It was really fun! We are pretty easy going, so we will meet wherever everyone else wants to meet, but if you are asking for suggestions, mine is Deck 10 before sail-a-way.

Bbgrizzle
02-13-2004, 01:18 PM
BUMP--You're slacking, jwann! :)

BuckleyBunch: Where are you? Did you decided to switch to a different cruise date after all?

jwann
02-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Sorry - friend.
The entire family got the stomach flu last week and I'm still playing catch-up! Good news is that I lost 4 pounds from it.
Did you like the CD??
Do you think we'll get any more DISers on our cruise?

Re: the meeting
My group is always dancing away at the sail away party. Would we meet before the party starts??

Bbgrizzle
02-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Jen,
I do love the CD and listen to it whenever I'm on my treadmill! Thanks again! As for the DIS meet, ours was before the party. Then when it started we kind of went our seperate ways. The CMs dragged my family right up front to dance with them, so that was us, the dorks trying to dance!

wdw1972
02-13-2004, 07:40 PM
My plans have changed, and I'm booked on the 11/27 cruise instead of 12/11. Since I was going to be at WDW Wed - Fri nights over Thanksgiving, it made sense to just do the cruise starting that Saturday.

Hope you all have a great time - I know you will!

jhorner
02-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi all! I'm cruising on this cruise too! My sister, jwann tells me proper etitquette is to say a bit about myself and family. My family consists of a DH (41) a curious DS (7) spunky DD (5) and me (29+) Last October on our second cruise (just a 3 dayer), DD and I had a goal to eat more ice cream than on our first cruise (a 4 day) I'm glad to share we achieved our goal. Besides ice cream my favorite part of the cruise is Dancing and volunteering for any activitiy! See you all there.

Bbgrizzle
02-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Welcome jhorner! :wave2: It's so nice to have more DISers on our cruise! The ages of your kids, are those current ages, or ages they'll be on the cruise?

You will love the 7-day cruise! I have only done the 7-day cruises but I would think the 3- and 4-day ones would be way too short! You will love having the extra days at sea and the different programming that the 7-day offers. My favorite is the Art of Entertaining series; I never miss a class!

wdw1972: Sorry we won't get to meet you, but have a great time on your cruise!

Squiggle: What did you have in mind for the DIS meet(where/when)? And how are you doing with your exercising?

jwann
02-15-2004, 06:04 PM
We've made it to the 200's!!!!!!!!!!!!
:confused: :hyper: :chat: :bounce: :Pinkbounc pirate: :yo-yo: :mad: :smooth: :eek: :sunny: :tongue: ::MickeyMo :wave:

SQUIGGLE
02-15-2004, 06:22 PM
wdw1972 - sorry you won't be with us. Please leave our ship in good condition for us and have a MAGICal cruise.

Welcome jhorner. Guess we know where to look for you - at Scoops! I can relate to that.

Bonnie- your idea of meeting before the Sailaway Party sounds good. We could pick a place on Deck 10 and try to get everyone together there. Say Starboard side toward the middle of the Goofy Pool area? Any other ideas welcome.

I have lost 3 pounds; but messed up last week. I got a new job and have been putting in alot of OT (that's more money for the trip); but was pretty tired when I got home. This week should be better.

frani

:wave2:

jwann
02-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by jwann
We've made it to the 200's!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, that's days to the cruise not pounds:tongue:

Actually, If I can boast a moment, I have lost 17 pounds on Atkins. I have about 40 more to go......

jhorner
02-16-2004, 07:32 AM
298 Days until we dance dance dance at the sail away party! I've got a weight loss goal too. I've got 20 to go. I'll be posting my progress....perhaps the accountability will keep me motivated. I'd love to meet before the sail away party but come time for the music to begin I'll be on top of the pool dancing with my kids!:wave:

jwann
02-16-2004, 06:44 PM
AND your sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jhorner
02-17-2004, 07:49 AM
Yes of course! And my sister!

Fellow 12-11-04 cruisers...
Just a thought. How many of your husbands enjoy dancing at the Sail Away party? Mine spent half the time watching them untie and depart from the dock rather than dancing. Are there other activities during the party?

Bbgrizzle
02-17-2004, 03:20 PM
jwann: Congrats on the weight loss! You need to get your little DIS W.I.S.H. banner so you can brag. I lost 14 pounds on Atkins, but I had a very cheat-y Valentine's weekend and gained back 3 pounds in 3 days! Yikes.

Jhorner: My hubby likes to dance at the deck parties more than I do. I don't think there are other activities during the party. What is your first name? Jack? (You know, like Little Jack Horner, sat in a corner. . . Sorry, couldn't resist! :teeth: )

Sqiggle: Which side is the starboard side? The side facing the terminal, or the side facing the water?

SQUIGGLE
02-18-2004, 06:34 PM
jwann & Bonnie - CONGRATULATIONS! That's just great. Looks like my OT will be at least 3 more weeks; but I am being more careful.
Starboard side is to the dock.
Gotta go fix dinner.

fran

jwann
02-23-2004, 07:36 AM
Squiggle - I hope you can see the light at the end of your OT tunnel!

What will we wear to our DIS meet so we can recognize eachother??

SQUIGGLE
02-24-2004, 05:59 AM
DD & I will be wearing our DIS Shirts, that we got right here at the DIS store. We'll be easy to spot.
Have lost the pound I gained back.
Don't forget According to Jim tonight!

fran

jhorner
02-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Bbgrizzle; If you husband likes to dance more than you then I'll definately keep an eye out for you at the sail away party. ;)

It's far too early to think what we might be wearing. Last cruise the 4 of us wore matching Dis shirts, girls in red and boys in blue. It worked out nicely for the boarding pic!

jwann
02-27-2004, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by jhorner
It's far too early to think what we might be wearing. Last cruise the 4 of us wore matching Dis shirts, girls in red and boys in blue. It worked out nicely for the boarding pic!

Uh, sis, DIS shirts means DIS board shirts (they come in lime green or gray) not Disney shirts. And it's never too early to start planning. Can't belevie I was flamed by my own sister!

Bbgrizzle
02-27-2004, 09:49 AM
I fell off the Atkins wagon! I have been on a carb binge for like a week! :eek:

Did any of you watch DCL on According to Jim? That was my first time seeing that show and I must say, it's not that good. But I'll watch the part 2 show on Tuesday so I can see them on Castaway Cay.

On our DIS meet we didn't wear anything special clothingwise, but a fellow DIS-er made us lime green buttons that we wore to the terminal and DIS meet. The buttons had our board name and our real name, along with a picture of MIckey in a hammock.

Fran, how is work going? Are you frazzled?

jhorner
02-27-2004, 11:56 AM
Flamed? Man I'm slacking on the DIS board jargon! Dis shirts meant Disney shirt. The one where DISNEY is spelled out with Mickey as the "I".

I would LOVE to get pins with our DIS board name and real name so we can look for eachother in the terminal. Ah the terminal the day we walk into that building will be an awesome one! 287 days to go!!
:earsgirl:

jwann
02-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Does anyone have access to a pin machine??

Hey sis, I do love that terminal, too. Remember how the boys "walked out" the ship's route on the map on the floor?? This time - it will be a much longer trip!

My ds8 wants me to say, "Dis-ney, Dis-ney, Dis-ney, Dis-ney, Dis-ney"

My ds8 (aka Eric) also says, ":crazy: this is you Aunt Joelle!!!!!!"

jwann
02-28-2004, 07:29 PM
This is actually jhorner! I signed on wrong
Hi Fellow Cruisers
What one thing are you most looking forward to doing again?
For me its......snorkling at Castaway Cay with my ds(8).

This is my DN (darling nephew)
pirate: Kevin at the Captain Hook party in the Club

This is my other DN :mad: Eric when we tell him he has to leave the Lab and join the family for dinner

jhorner
02-28-2004, 07:35 PM
Hi again, DIS Boards thinks my computer is my sister, jwann, and I didn't notice it when I posted that last reply.

I'll check more carefully here out.

This is my DD(5) :sunny: the sun is actually her hair braided!

This is my DS (8) :eek: when he sees a fish

jwann
02-28-2004, 07:39 PM
princess: this is my dh Dan when we played Wonderquest

:cool1: this is me dancing at the Sail Away party

SQUIGGLE
02-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Bonnie - don't let the carbs get you down. Just start over. We can do it! I lost what I had gained back. Still working OT; but a bit less than last 2 weeks. Hey! It's more money for the cruise!

Watched According to Jim. It was my second time to see the show. I agree with you. For all the hype - I don't think it's that good. BUT Ship was beautiful. Will be watching this coming Tuesday too.

jhorner & Jwann - check the DIS Store for pins. We got nice lime green pins there with our screen name.

Almost another month gone!!

fran

Bbgrizzle
02-28-2004, 08:52 PM
You girls are silly! :crazy: You remind me of of my twin sister, Brenda, and me. Do you live near each other? My sister lives in So. California and I live in Vegas. So about 5 hours from each other.

The one thing I am looking forward to again? Hmmm, hard to say, since there is so much that I love.

Sailaway party
Topicalifragilistic party
Going to the Art Of Entertaining series
Disney Dreams
The hammocks on Castaway Cay
Date with my hubby at Palo

This will be the first time all our kids will be able to go to the kids clubs! Ainslee will be 3 1/2 --Yahoo!

P.S. This is Jwann and Jhorner when they finally see my beauty in person: :faint: Just kidding!!:teeth:

jwann
02-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Bbgrizzle
P.S. This is Jwann and Jhorner when they finally see my beauty in person: :faint: Just kidding!!:teeth:

:rotfl: I love it!

My sister and I haven't lived in the same town since college in the late 80's. But now she is closer to me than she's ever been. It's a 4 hour drive between where I live in Murray, KY and where she lives outside of St. Louis, MO. We don't get to visit as much as we'd like because both of us are so involved in our churches that it seems if one doesn't have a responsibility on a given Sunday then the other one does. We do talk on the phone alot. Yes, we've been told that we are silly. In fact, one time, not long ago, we were shopping together in the fabric section of Wal-mart looking for matching fabric to make something for an upcoming disney cruise. The lady at the counter got so tickled at us she said, "It's just like watching a sitcom with you guys."

jhorner
02-29-2004, 01:47 PM
Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. Of course we are silly we are grown people with a passion for Disney! But DS(darling sister in this case) You didn' t say what you were looking forward to most :earsgirl:

Bbgrizzle
03-05-2004, 02:05 AM
Giving us a serious BUMP from the bottom of the second page.

I didn't get to see the second According to Jim. I was gone, and the Tivo recorded American Idol instead. How was it?

Fran, whenever I read your screen name, it reminds me of Lenny and Squiggy. Remember them? :D

jwann
03-05-2004, 11:50 PM
HI !
I really liked seeing the boat and CC on the second episode of "Jim". There were a bunch more boat scenes. I hope you can get a hold of a tape!
BTW - are you following American Idol?

SQUIGGLE
03-07-2004, 04:48 PM
Hey! We're down on page 2 again!

Bonnie - Yes, I remember Lenny & Squiggy. They were, how shall I put it - strange? But, definitely funny! Squiggle is a stuffed bunny that was sold down here about 14 years ago. got the name from long, squiggly ears. When I was thinking of a screen name that just popped into my head.

Is everyone coming down on Friday; or do we have some adventurous souls flying in on Saturday?

We need to find someone to cut that palm that's in the way on the Two Palms Cam!!

fran

Bbgrizzle
03-07-2004, 06:45 PM

Is everyone coming down on Friday; or do we have some adventurous souls flying in on Saturday?

We need to find someone to cut that palm that's in the way on the Two Palms Cam!!

fran

So you wanna make it a One Palm Cam? :D Where is that camera anyway, somewhere on Castaway Cay?

No, we are not coming in on Friday or Saturday. Our plan is to do 4-5 days at WDW before the cruise. We did that last time and it made for an awesome vacation. Besides, if we're gonna shell out all that money for airfare, we may as well do as much as we can get in.

jwann: Yes, I am following AI! Love that show. When the season one top 10 had their televised reunion show in Vegas, I was there! That was so much fun, and it was free! Now how can that be beat? Who is your favorite for this season? Do you also watch Nashville Star? I think that show is awesome because it requires some serious talent. They have to write songs well, in addition to performing well. And most of them play an instrument, to boot.

jwann
03-09-2004, 11:16 PM
As far as when we are coming in - it's still up in the air. We will be driving but don't know how many days early we'll get there. I really want to do the Mickey Christmas Party deal....

Re: American Idol. I love that young kid, John, with the red hair. He has such a smooth voice. I love it. Which one do you like? I haven't watched the Nashville one. We live only 2 hours from Nashville but I don't watch much TV so I've missed it.

jhorner
03-10-2004, 07:24 AM
We will probably fly down on thursday evening. Spend one day seeing the parks all decorated then be first in line to board the boat Saturday morning.
What is the link for the Castaway Cay cam? I remember my sister telling me about it.

BTW, I've got to figure out how to do one of those countdown things.
We leave in 10 days for Vero Beach (we are DVC members) and then a stay at Wilderness Lodge Villas! I can't wait!

Bbgrizzle
03-10-2004, 08:38 AM
My fav. on A.I. is still LaToya. I had high hopes for Katie Webber, but unfortunately last night she did not sound so good. Jennifer Hudsen, who I have never enjoyed, sounded great last night!

Jhorner: You're leaving in 10 days? I'm so jealous! Are you doing the parks when you are at WL Villas? And what is Vero Beach like?

Fran, how's the weather in FL right now? It is hot in Vegas right now. In the 80's! If it's this hot now, I'm dreading summer.

SQUIGGLE
03-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Bonnie - was in the 80's here too; but front went through and it was in the mid 70's and breezy today. Supposed to be in the 40's tonight. I love this kind of weather!

jhorner- Two Palms Cam is either in Port Canaveral or Coco Beach. Not sure which but here is the address:
www.twopalms.com/

If you are lucky around 5:20-5:30 you can see the Magic or Wonder going to sea.

fran

SQUIGGLE
03-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Hey! WE were down at the bottom of page 2! Guess everyone was out enjoying the weekend.

fran

jwann
03-13-2004, 06:22 PM
Howdy y'all!
I just got back from a brisk walk listening to my Disney Sail Away CD. I'm doin' pretty good with my diet and exercise! In a few days we'll be in the 260's!

jwann
03-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by jwann
In a few days we'll be in the 260's!

Ummm - that's "days to the cruise" NOT pounds :scratchin

Bbgrizzle
03-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone. It looks like Winter is gone for good in Vegas. 80's every day.

jwann: congrats on doing well on your diet and exercising. I have not been doing so well. :rolleyes: Maybe this is the week to get my booty back in gear.

Just curious, what type of work, if any, do you ladies do? I am a substitute teacher. I have my teaching credentials but while my kids are young, I want the flexibility of subbing. I usually work two days a week.

jwann
03-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Same with me Bonnie - I work part time as a speech therapist. I can set my work schedule around the kids school. My youngest started kindergarten this year so I make about 10 visits a week. I provide therapy in the family's home. What grade did you teach before you started subbing?

Bbgrizzle
03-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Jen: I have never taught full time. When I graduated, Ainslee was a year old and I didn't want to leave her every day. I probably won't work full time till she is in first grade . I did my student teaching in 4th grade. Question about speech therapy: Is it normal for a child to have a bit of a lisp in 1st grade? It's not really pronounced, but it is there.

Fran: how are things in Florida? How often do you get to WDW?

Joelle: where are you? Did you leave for Vero Beach yet?

jhorner
03-18-2004, 07:05 AM
We leave this Sunday!!!! 4 days at vero beach then 4 days at the parks.:Pinkbounc We'll be staying at the villas at Wilderness lodge

We are also going to check out Gatorland, which is by Orlando. We've never been. I'll let you know how it is.

As far as work for me....
by education I am a speech therapist like my sister
But because of passion I no longer do that. I am Director of Creative Learning at my church. That means I coordinate adult education and creative message set ups such dramas and videos.

jwann
03-18-2004, 06:11 PM
Have fun sis!!! I'll miss talking with you on the phone - do you think you can take your cell phone and call me from the parks???

SQUIGGLE
03-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Bonnie - weather is great down here. This past week has been awesome. We get up to the Parks 2 or 3 times a year. We usually go for the Christmas Season. Everything is so pretty. Then we try to go in May & September. Looks like we'll miss Christmas this year; but that's OK.

How is your diet coming? Had company last week and fell off the wagon big time. Have to make up for it this week.

Jwann - you should have nice weather for next week. Have a great time!

fran

jwann
03-20-2004, 06:49 PM
Jwann - you should have nice weather for next week. Have a great time!

I WISH it was me that was going - but alas - its my sister, jhorner, who is going....:(

SQUIGGLE
03-21-2004, 03:33 PM
jwann - I'm sorry about that. I wish it was me too.

How did everyone spend the first day of spring? Was nice here, of course, but we do need some rain.

Bbgrizzle
03-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Hi!

The first day of Spring was also my hubby's birthday We went on a picnic. It was 92 degrees! :sunny: My diet is not going so well. :( Wish I was doing as well as Jen!

I went to the scrapbook store this morning. I'm finally going to start scrappin' my pictures from the cruise last May. I haven't even printed those pictures yet, they are still on my computer!

Jen, has your sister called you to brag about her trip? Is she having a great time at the parks? I'm jealous! :D

jwann
03-23-2004, 09:22 PM
Wish I was doing as well as Jen!

Jen, has your sister called you to brag about her trip? Is she having a great time at the parks? I'm jealous! :D

First - my diet is going slow but steady - I have 35 more pounds to go before we leave. I guess slow and steady is the name of the game.....

Second - my sister called and they went to Vero Beach first. They are there now. She said that it has been windy and the waves are too big for her little kids to swim. The pool is sheltered from the wind so they have been swimming in the pool. They paid extra for a "ocean view" room. They arrived at night and didn't look out the window when they got there. In the morning, they opened up the window only to have to search for the ocean. They could only see the ocean if they leaned out over the balcony and looked WAY over. The kids had to stand on a table and lean over the balcony rail in order to see the ocean. "This is an ocean view?" my sister said. Well, she asked to talk to the manager who said that the room meets "industry standards" for an ocean-view room. Since they were using DVC points, my sis explained that this was not a nice way to treat a family that was supposed to be "coming home" (as they say at DVC resorts). The manager arranged for them to be moved to a different room. My sister said that their new room has a 180 degree view of the ocean!! No more leaning out the balcony. I was glad to hear that Disney made things right.
I'll keep you posted on the rest of their trip!

Bbgrizzle
03-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Here's a big fat BUMP back up to the first page.

Glad to hear JHorner is having a good time. It's a good thing she was able to switch rooms.

Well, my diet isn't going the greatest, but I have exercised the past 3 days, which is an improvement! How are you girls doing with yours?

We are going to my dad's cabin up in Utah this weekend. We get to play in the snow!! My kids haven't had a chance to play in snow all year.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

RebeccaLovesDisney
03-30-2004, 05:42 PM
I am VERY excited to say that we just booked our second cruise! We will again be sailing in December on the Eastern route. Cruisers are myself, DH, DD-10, and DS-7 (these are ages at time of cruise). Our cruise last year was by far the best vacation we have ever had. So relaxing, even DH loved it and he's not a big "vacation" person.

This year, we also really want to fit in a few days at WDW after the cruise. *I know, I know, it's better to do WDW before the cruise, but I want to minimize the number of days the kids will miss school.* What do you guys think about how the crowds will be at WDW during the days following our cruise. I'm hoping since Christmas isn't until the following weekend, that most people will hit WDW during Christmas weekend, but I'm not sure...

That's it for now. I just wanted to post and say Hello to my fellow cruisers!!

Bbgrizzle
03-31-2004, 09:52 AM
Welcome, RebeccaLovesDisney! It's great to have you join our thread. Is your DD in 4th grade this year? I have a DD(10) who is in 4th grade. We are going to WDW too, but we are doing it before the cruise. I think you will still be able to avoid the Christmas crowds by going after the cruise, but remember, you will be there over a weekend, which is always crowded. You can still have a good time as long as you going there KNOWING you might not be able to do everything. Was your other cruise on the Western route?

Jhorner: Are you back yet?

RebeccaLovesDisney
03-31-2004, 10:24 PM
Thanks Bonnie! My daughter is in 3rd grade this year, she is currently 9. But it looks like our daughters will be in the same age group, 10-12, in the kids club during our cruise. My DS is in kinder this year.

We were on the Eastern cruise last year as well. We would also like to go the Western route but the dates didn't work for us. We really enjoyed the Eastern ports last year, especially St. John, and look forward to exploring more! The days at sea were also nice. Even with three days, we felt there was a lot on the ship that we didn't get to see and do.

jwann
04-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Welcome RebeccaLovesDisney!!!!!!!
I'm so glad to have another DIS family on the cruise!
My ds is in kdgn this year as well and my other ds is in 3rd grade this year so I know we'll be seeing alot of eachother coming and going from the Club and Lab! Both my boys love it there! Are you guys 'loungers and swimmers' or do you guys participate in the activities??

Everyone: my sis, jhorner, is back and I'm sure will post soon. They had an awesome time and even rode Mission Space!

jhorner
04-01-2004, 01:16 PM
I don't have time to post a big reply right now but wanted to say it was so hard to leave! The beach was great! My dh and ds braved the waves and boogie boarded. My dd and I preferred to collect sea shells (we came home with a bucket full). The parks were quite crowded especially the MK (is that an ok slang for Magic Kingdom?) But as was said earlier, knowing it was going to be crowded we were prepared and still had a blast. Speaking of blast....Mission Space. Let me just say it was way cool but I don't think I'll do it again. In the hall on the way out was a gal who had just puked! My ds (7) loved it so much that he and my dh waited in the single line for him to do it again. My dh just waited with him but didn't do the ride. More later!

Bbgrizzle
04-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Hi Gang! Drama at our house today. When we were babysitting our friend's four kids (they needed to go to the hospital and spend some time with their very sick baby), one of the boys (age 5) killed Caitlin's (age 6) hamster! All my kids are very devastated of course. They are going to my mom's for a few days starting tomorrow. Hopefully that will cheer them up. Send pixie dust our way. (Maybe Joelle brought some back from WDW?)

RebeccaLovesDisney: What do we call you? I'm assuming your name is Rebecca, do you go by Becky? So, two Easterns and no Westerns? Most people seem to like the Eastern better anyway. I know I do!

Fran: Where are you? We haven't heard much from you for a while. Hope all is well.

Jwann: How are you liking A.I.? Can you believe LaToya was in the bottom 3? Yikes. I thought for sure Camille would go or else John Stevens.

Joelle: I'm so glad you had a great time on your trip. I want to try out Mission Space too. I am a puker myself, but I have to try it at least once, so I know what I'm missing. What did you think of Mickey's Philharmagic?

RebeccaLovesDisney
04-04-2004, 09:54 PM
I haven't been able to post for a while. Things got pretty busy in the last few days!

Bonnie - Actually my name is Julie. Rebecca is my DD's name. When I set up this user a couple of years ago, she came up with the name and it stuck. I just added my name to my signature for clarity. :)

jwann - Thanks for the welcome! Yes I'm sure we'll see each other coming and going with the kids. Last cruise the kids didn't spend as much time in the clubs as they probably would have if we had been better organized. They didn't particularly want to go just to hang out a lot but were interested in specific activities. We had a lot of "oh I missed the flubber making (or whatever)" moments. This time we will definitely do a better job of planning out our days.

As for us, we spent time doing a bit of everything - probably more activities than just lounging and a lot of just checking everything out. I actually never got in a pool (put my feet in the adult pool)- it was kind of cool on deck with the wind. But we sat and watched the kids play and go down the slide for a long time.

We really enjoyed the Eastern ports last time. We will definitely go to St. John again - Cinnamon Bay this time, on a friend's recommendation. Last time we went (on our own) to Trunk Bay and absolutely loved it. Not sure what we'll do at St. Maarten, but we have plenty of time to think about it. What are you guys planning to do there?

SQUIGGLE
04-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Haven't been on too much lately. Still doing the OT. I'm tired; but the money is going to the cruise so it's worth it.
Sorry to hear about the hamster.

Welcome Julie. Boy sounds like I'm the only one without little ones.

Jhorner - glad you had a good time. I was ready to go on Mission Space next month. Now I'm having second thoughts - again!

Well, another month down.

Bbgrizzle
04-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Just bumping us up.

Fran: My mom will be cruising with us. She's in her mid 50's doesn't have little ones any more either!

Julie: on St. Maarten I'm going to do the Golden Eagle Catamaran. I'm not fond of that island so I thought it would be the best day for an excursion. I love St. Thomas though, very pretty.

I don't spend time at the pools either. I get bored sitting by the pool. I like doing the planned activities.

jwann
04-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Hello my dear DIS friends,
Sorry I haven't replied this week. I'm recovering from bronchitis with bilateral ear infections! I did dream about the cruise in one of my few moments of fever-induced sleep. Anyway, we were thinking about doing the golden eagle catamaran as well! I was thinking about doing Trunk Bay on our own - what do you think Julie? I, personally, LOVE the planned activities. Perhaps we, ladies, could be a DIS team during one of the activities!! I know my sister Joelle (aka jhorner) and I can really "get into" those activities. We are ALWAYS laughing!!

I can see the 100's soon.......days to the cruise that is!

Your friend,

Jennifer

Bbgrizzle
04-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Happy Easter, Everyone!

That would be fun to do some planned activities together. Does anyone else want to do the Art of Entertaining series? Or maybe we could do Palo brunch together. Or the Golden Eagle Catamaran! Of course, if I meet you the first day and don't like you, all bets are off. :D Just kidding!

Jwann: I have Bronchitis too! Did you send it to me through cyberspace? :) I hope you are feeling better.

jwann
04-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Oh no - cybergerms! :crazy2:
Sorry about that.......
Thanks I am feeling much better - amazing what antibiotics and a shot of steroids in your bum can do for ya! Hope you're feeling better soon, Bonnie!

I can't wait to do the Art of Entertaining Series - count me in!

And who wouldn't love me......

Oh, that reminds me of a funny story. On our first DCL cruise last May, my dh and I were chosen to be one of the couples for the "Match Your Mate" game. My sis and her husband were with us and were of course laughing as we were giving some of our silly and funny answers to some very "tongue in cheek"-type questions (i.e. "Where is the most unusual place you and your husband have discovered the magic?"). Well, the lady sitting in front of my sister turned around and said to her, "Is that your sister?? ...Oh, I am SOOOO embarrased for you..."

:rotfl:

Jennifer

SQUIGGLE
04-11-2004, 04:37 PM
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!

I definitely want to meet you two ladies. Sound like my kind of people.
Art of Entertaining sound good.
Might want to change our DIS meet to Deck7 Aft. That way if it doesn't work out - "someone" could fall off the back and no one else would know.

Bbgrizzle
04-11-2004, 10:49 PM
Might want to change our DIS meet to Deck7 Aft. That way if it doesn't work out - "someone" could fall off the back and no one else would know.

:rotfl:

Watch out, Jen! If you embarrass us (like at the Match Your Mate show), you'll be the first to go!

jwann
04-12-2004, 08:35 AM
OH NO -- I might be ruled "un-fit" to wear the lime green DIS button!!!!!!!!!

On my honor, I will try to behave.......
:crazy:

(psst - Joelle, dear sister - this is where you come in and defend me......)::yes::

Villaness
04-12-2004, 07:21 PM
Hi everyone! We will also be on the 12-11-04 cruise. In our party wil be my DH PaPa (Ray), myself Nannie (Kathy) our DS and wife, children ages Noah 7 and Lauren 5. We have 2 ajoining cabins with verandahs. Of course the grandson wants to sleep in our cabin. DH and myself have been on 8 cruises, but this is the first Disney cruise. It will also be the first cruise for the children. They are super excited about the trip.:bounce: but it is a long way off and I have 2 other WDW trips planned (one with their cousins and one with a niece) before then.

Bbgrizzle
04-12-2004, 07:41 PM
Welcome, Kathy! Glad you could join us! The others on this thread are a little odd, but at least you'll have me. :teeth:

Eight cruises, wow! You must enjoy cruising! I just saw a show about Adventure of the Seas. Have you ever done that one? I think it's through Royal Caribbean. It looks neat. I've only cruised on Disney, but I think you will love it!

Hey, where are Joelle and Julie?

Disneyfan37
04-12-2004, 08:23 PM
We will also be cruising with you all.It will be my husband who is 37 and myself 39.This will be our first cruise on the Disney Magic as the last two cruises we sailed on the Disney Wonder.We can't wait!

Bbgrizzle
04-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Welcome, DisneyFan37! So you and DH are cruising without kids? My DH and I left our kids home our first cruise. We had a ball, although I thought about the kids the whole time!

jwann
04-13-2004, 02:01 PM
Welcome Villaness Kathy and DisneyFan37!!!!!!!
How exciting that our DIS family is growing!

Jennifer

RebeccaLovesDisney
04-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Another welcome to Kathy and DisneyFan37!! So glad you found this thread. My DH is working on making this cruise list grow even more. He talked a coworker and his family into looking into the cruise and they just booked yesterday! He's also working on his sister and her family and my parents.

The kids had a few days off from school and we went out of town for a long weekend - nothing too exciting, just Houston. The weather was exciting though - a cold front pushed through Saturday night, bringing tornados, hail, lots of rain, etc. After that, Easter Sunday felt like the middle of winter - brrrr.

Jennifer, I would definitly recommend doing St. John on your own. It really is easy - just take the ferry either from Red Hook or Charlotte Amalie, depending on whether we tender of dock. Just be sure to watch the time while on St. John to make sure you catch the ferry back! There are lots of taxis waiting when you get to Cruz Bay in St. John to take you wherever you want. They also start lining up around 1:00 to take people back to the ferry dock.

We also liked the planned activities. DD and I actually won the "So You Think You Know Your Family" game! This was the only one we participated in, but we had fun watching the others. It will be great to meet all of you!

Disneyfan37
04-13-2004, 08:55 PM
Great!The more the merrier!DH and I are looking forward to it.What are your highlights of your Eastern Cruise last year?We are looking for input as this will be our first one.What is the best way to call home?I run a business,so I will be needing to touch base.Thanks!

SQUIGGLE
04-14-2004, 06:45 PM
Welcome to our new cruisers.

Bonnie - what is this "odd" :crazy: stuff? Who is odd?

Sorry to hear about the nasty weather. Seems like it has been strange all over the Country.

Just think 8 months from right now we'll be in Saint Maarten!!

fran

Bbgrizzle
04-16-2004, 12:08 PM
Okay, I want to know how you got picked for the game shows. I want to be on one (especially Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer), but I never get chosen. And I'm pretty darn good at my Disney Trivia! Did you girls act really crazy or something, to get yourselves noticed?

Disneyfan37
04-18-2004, 07:19 AM
DH and I are cruisng by ourselves.We went and saw the magic take off yesterday as you can see we are excited.We have been on the wonder twice,but still we are excited about going again.December seems to be so far away.The Ron Jon resort is beautiful.We are only two and half hours from port if not we would stay there.I can't wait!

SQUIGGLE
04-18-2004, 11:48 AM
Hope everyone is doing well this fine day.
Disneyfan37 - 2-1/2 hrs from Port? Is that South Florida?
All I know about calling home is that it is expensive.
As for excursions - depends on what activities you like? Lots of diving/swimming/beach things to do.

fran

Disneyfan37
04-18-2004, 03:33 PM
We are an hour from Jacksonville.We have decided that we are going to take both our cellphone and calling cards.As far as excurions go,we bought a book this afternoon.We will be looking at that and trying to decide what to do.There is so much to do.I am so excited!I wish it would hurry and get here.Going to port yesterday did me in.December seems to be too far away.

jwann
04-19-2004, 08:08 PM
Howdy from Kentucky, y'all!
We had a beautiful weekend here. My dh and ds8 spent the weekend in Orlando -- lucky skunks! My dh was hired to present at a training and we had a SWA voucher so my son went free. They spent 1/2 day at Downtown Disney and DisneyQuest and a whole day at Universal Studios. They enjoyed themselves but they both agreed that WDW is better than Universal!

Bonnie - we got picked for "match your mate" by standing up on the chairs and yelling wildly. However, they pick seat numbers for "who wants to a be a mousketeer" so it doesn't help to go wild there.

Bbgrizzle
04-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Oh, you have to stand on your chair!! THAT'S the part I forgot! :teeth: I know Mouseketeer is by seat number, but I was yelling and waving and jumping up and down like crazy to be in the ask-the-audience-gallery (whatever it's called). Rejected again! Guess I'll have to keep cruising (and standing on my chair) till I'm chosen.

Ratt45
04-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Squiggle, this is Disneyfan37's DH. We live in Gainesville, in north central Florida. Like my DW said, we couldn't wait for December. So we drove down to the port and watched Carnival and the Magic sail away. It's still a little less than 8 months!!!!!:hyper:

Villaness
04-20-2004, 03:50 PM
It sounds like there is lot of audience participation at shows during the cruise. We have been on many cruises, but this will be our first Disney. What shows are the most popular or most fun to watch or participate??

jhorner
04-20-2004, 06:57 PM
I'm BACK!!! :hyper:

Easter is super busy for me at church and our church is in the middle of trying to buy a building so there's extra stuff for me to do at work.

I had to read 2 whole pages of posts just to catch up! Way to keep us on the first page!

Welcome to the new fellow cruisers!

My sister, JWann (you know that crazy wacky gal who stands on chairs to get picked for the newlywed game just so she can reveal deep personal secrets :smooth: ) keeps me updated. I'll be sure to join the Art of Entertaining Class and meet on Deck 7 to determine who we vote off first!

Anyway....
Actually my sister is right, standing on chairs does help you get chosen. Last May when both of our families went to WDW my one goal for the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular was to get chosen as an extra. This was right after our cruise where chair standing got Jennifer chosen for the newlywed game so I hopped up on the bench and waved my hands wildly and sure enough I got chosen. The highlight for me was not just getting chosen as an extra but I also got chosen out of the extras to do the "death scene".......I was in actress-wanna-be heaven! (now who's the wacky one huh? :crazy: )

As far as excursions I haven't even LOOKED at them!! I was afraid it would bum me out that the cruise was so far away. Here's what I've decided when the count down clock breaks into the 100s I start excursion planning.

I promise to check in more often!
Joelle

SQUIGGLE
04-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi Guys!
Disneyfan27/Ratt45- we're down in Martin County (about 25 miles north of West Palm Beach). Keep saying we are going to go up and see the Magic or Wonder leave; but just can't bring ourselves to do it.
"Standing on chairs"? Oh, this is going to be a fun group.

fran

jwann
04-20-2004, 07:31 PM
"Standing on chairs"? Oh, this is going to be a fun group.

You betcha!::yes::

Bbgrizzle
04-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Welcome, Ratt45!

Kathy, The most popular show by far is Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer. You can win shipboard credit or even a free cruise if you get all the answers right. My first cruise I ditched dinner that night so I could go to both the early and late shows and have a better chance of being chosen. Obviously it didn't work. :rolleyes: Some of the more valuable questions were really hard.

Glad you could join us again, Joelle. :wave2: How cool to be chosen for Indiana Jones! I hope your hubby took a lot of pictures.

American Idol Fans, who do you think will get the boot tonight? I think John Stevens.

jwann
04-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Oh, I'm a John Stevens fan -- I hope its not him. Can you imagine how he'll sound at 25 -- smoooooth.

Bbgrizzle
04-22-2004, 01:59 AM
Jennifer booted off? :eek: I must say I was really shocked. She's not my favorite, but I thought she was the best last night. I thought for sure it would be one of the teenagers. Of course, I never vote, so I guess that's what happens when you leave things in other people's hands. . . .

Disneyfan37
04-22-2004, 08:24 PM
It is great seeing the boat leave,but it does make you more anxious to go<G>.Jetty Park is really a nice park.We hope to go again in the near future.As time gets closer for us all to cruise,we will have to schedule a get together on the cruise.

jwann
04-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfan37
As time gets closer for us all to cruise,we will have to schedule a get together on the cruise.

Definitely!:thewave:

SQUIGGLE
04-23-2004, 06:35 PM
We have a loose meet set up for the Sail Away Party. But no official time/place is definite yet. When is everyone arriving?

fran

Disneyfan37
04-23-2004, 09:28 PM
We will be arriving around 10AM on day of departure.Keep us posted about the get together.We would love to meet you all!

Villaness
04-23-2004, 09:56 PM
We are arriving the night before and hopefully will be staying at the Hyatt at the airport. Then we will try to be on the first bus or will arrange for transportation by van to the port. I'm ready to go now, but I have 2 other Disney trips to complete before the cruise!:bounce:

RebeccaLovesDisney
04-24-2004, 11:32 AM
We will fly in sometime on Friday before the cruise. I haven't looked at flights yet so I have no idea what time we will arrive. Last time, our flight got in late - at 10pm - so we stayed at the airport Hyatt. If we manage to get in earlier, we might drive to the port and stay there. Looks like we still have a lot of planning to do!
:cutie:

jwann
04-24-2004, 09:11 PM
We plan on driving in and arriving at an airport hotel (gotta pick up my sister's family) the day before. We plan on going to the Very merry Mickey Christmas Party the night before, if we can swing it.

Villaness -- please tell us about your other 2 trips you have planned!

Bbgrizzle
04-24-2004, 10:44 PM
We will be doing 5 nights at Wilderness Lodge before the cruise (MVMCP on Tuesday--first time!). Jen, have you done MVMCP before? If so, how is it? Is it really crowded? We are choosing Tuesday night in the hopes of it being less crowded.

jwann
04-25-2004, 02:24 PM
Bonnie - We've never done the Christmas Party, either. I am a little worried about the crowds myself. But I think it will be fun -- sort of putting us in the Christmas mood!

Villaness
04-25-2004, 03:29 PM
Jwann..........I am taking my ds, his wife and 3 grandchildren (ages 7, 4.5, & 2) to stay at the WL villas on May 10-15. The kids haven't been to WDW for 3 years, so it will be nice to see their reactions to the parks. They only consider the MK as Disney. I have tried to explain there are 4 parks plus waterparks but to no avail. Maybe this visit will change their thinking. My DS just returned from Iraq, but will be returning the end of June. He is really looking forwards to this vacation!

The second trip will be to the Poly with my niece in Sept. I have taken each of my nieces on an airplane (always their first) to WDW for their 8th birthday. This will be the last birthday trip which is good, because now I have the Grandchildren that want to travel with me.

As you can tell...I love WDW:bounce: Then in December will be our cruise with my other DS and his family. Go Disney!!!

SQUIGGLE
04-25-2004, 05:42 PM
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
Bonnie & Jennifer - We've been going to MVMCP for quite a few years. We just love it! I heard from one of the bus drivers that they only sell 20,000 tickets for each night. Now that sounds like a lot; but consider that a normal day at MK has around 40,000 people there.
Most of the rides are open and there are special shows; and of course two VMC Parades. (I suggest you see the second parade as the first is usually very crowded; and you can be going on the rides while everyone is at the parade!)
The fireworks are between the parade. They are a special Christmas edition.
There are also family portraits; hot chocolate & cookies; and my favorite - Snow on Main Street!
Villaness - we'll be at Pop Century from May 12 - May15. And we're planning to hit Whispering Canyon for lunch one day. Wear your Lime Green!

fran

Disneyfan37
04-25-2004, 08:51 PM
We have gone to several very Merry Christmas Parties.Some nights it is crowded,and some nights it isn't.We have never had a bad experience as it has always been a great one.There may be some waits for some rides,but it isn't too bad.They only sell a certain amount of tickets for each of the parties which makes it nice.It definitely puts you in the Christmas spirit,and the park looks beautiful!You all will enjoy going to it.

jwann
04-25-2004, 08:55 PM
Thanks Squiggle and Disneyfan37!!
Now I'm even more excited!

Bbgrizzle
04-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the info on MVMCP. It sounds so fun. Jen, did you see that the tickets are on sale now? Are you getting yours in advance? We will probably get ours during the summer.

Kathy and Fran: I'm very jealous of your upcoming trips. You only have a couple more weeks till you go! Send me a postcard!

Ratt45
04-29-2004, 01:46 PM
As DW (aka Disneyfan37) said, we love the party. One thing that I would like to add to what has already been said is this, the family portraits tend to get very busy. Do that as one of the first things you do. If memory serves me correctly, they mail you the portrait. You don't get it right there. It is a little better for the party if the temp is in the 40's. Once when we were there, it was in the 60's.

I am, as I am sure everyone is, with Villaness. I am ready now. Hurry up Dec 11th!!!!! If DW hasn't mentioned yet, we got our lime green buttons from the DIS shop. They have our screen name and cruise date on them.

One suggestion for a meeting place at the sail-away party is the side of the ship next to the terminal, mid-ship, on Deck 9 or Deck 10. As an added feature to this meeting place is that you can wave to the cast members at the terminal that wave at you.:p :wave2: ::yes:: :wave:

bjornface
05-02-2004, 07:13 AM
Hello All Fellow December 11th cruisers!!

This is a great site for information!!

This will be our first Cruise and judging by the enthusiasm of others, we cannot wait!

We have booked two rooms Cat 7/11 on Deck 7

myself and spouse get the Cat. 7, while the three kids ages 18,16,14 get inside stateroom across the hall.

We presently live in England, but are originally from Seattle area. We spent 8 years in Denver before work took us to England in 2000.

Looking forward to corresponding with others

jwann
05-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Welcome bejornface!
We are so glad to have you with us!
Is your name a reference to the "bih-jor-in"s on Star Trek??? My sister (joelle aka "jhorner" on the DIS boards) calls her dd's crinkle-nose expression "Bejorn Nose" -- so I'm curious. Speaking of my sister -- she just left here after her family came for a great weekend visit. We printed up all the navigators from the Eastern cruise on the website (***************** or dcltribute.com) and spent one evening pouring over them. The husbands even went online to peruse the menus. Yes, we ARE obsessed!!!!!!! Also speaking of my sister -- they lived outside of Denver for awhile -- she'll have to fill you in on the details.
Anyway -- welcome bejornface!

Villaness
05-04-2004, 06:05 AM
Welcome Bjornface..........nice to meet another cruiser. December seems so far away, I just need to make myself look at the short term trips. It is hard though because I LOVE cruising and this is my first Disney cruise! I think at the present time you are the most distant cruiser.

Thanks for the websites about the cruise. I can't wait til I get home from work tonight to check them out! I didn't have time last night to get online and today I just needed to check the emails before I went to work.

Bbgrizzle
05-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Hi Bjornface, glad to have you with us! How do you like living in England?

Jen, that's funny about the Navigators. A couple weeks ago, we got out our Eastern navigators from our first cruise and went over them planning out our days for this year. I know a few things have changed since then, but most will be the same. Also I saw your Wish banner and see that you have lost 30 pounds. WOW! Congrats on that. :worship: Unfortunately I can't say the same for myself. I'd better get my booty in gear!

Hi to everyone else. Fran and Kathy, are your bags packed for your WDW trip?

Villaness
05-04-2004, 06:44 PM
Bonnie....I wish I was that organized (which I usually am) but I started a new temporary postiion at the hospital on Friday. I do hate not knowing everthing about my role. I am covering a position for the summer ( or until someone is hired) and I haven't been able to get my clothes out of the closet. Summer clothes haven't been wearable for a long time in Michigan so packing for a warm climate takes a little planning.

I am hoping to focus on Saturday and do everything then. I am excited about going, but haven't had time to act upon it yet.

jwann
05-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Bump to the first page!

Have a good weekend DISfriends!

Disneyfan37
05-07-2004, 07:51 PM
Hello from FL!Welcome!!I can say this is our third cruise,and all of our cruises have been on Disney.You all will have a great time.DH and I are Disney fanatics!We are wishing that December would hurry and get here!:wave2:

Disneyfan37
05-07-2004, 07:54 PM
We just got back from Dinner.It is DH birthday!I had shrimp at dinner,but once you eat shrimp onboard the Disney Wonder the shrimp seems so tiny here onland.I am sure the Magic is just the same.I am counting the months for the strawberry soup and some decent shrimp<G>.Have a great weekend all!:wave:

SQUIGGLE
05-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Welcome Bjornface - Wow! our group has gone international.
Have been off the Board for a bit. Had a major computer crash; and had to get a new one. Glad to see us on page one.

Need to start packing; but just got home from work and had to see if our ship was on the Port Cam. Let's face it first things first. The housework can wait.

I need to go check on that Panama Canal Cruise. It killed me to hear about the Western cruises on TV and not be able to get on this Board!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL

fran

Disneyfan37
05-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Welcome back!We have missed you!I am sorry that you had pc problems.That has happened to us before,so I know exactly how you feel!

I know what you mean!I want to hop right on the boat as it sails away.We are going to go and see it take off either next weekend or the weekend after.

Yes,housework can wait the camera can't<G>.The port cam is more important.

We hope you have a great time at pop century.You will have to let us know how you liked it.We haven't stayed there yet.

Maria

jwann
05-08-2004, 07:58 PM
I saw your Wish banner and see that you have lost 30 pounds. WOW! Congrats on that.

Thanks! I've been working pretty hard at it. I've reached a plateau and have started to do some running in addition to my walking to try to break through. I hope that helps!

Keep up on your plan -- December keeps getting closer and closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Is it me or do any of you feel sorta left out since all everyone is talking about are the repositioning cruises. They were just too expensive for us.........

Disneyfan37
05-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Nope you aren't alone!We feel left out also.We are going to go to CA next year for Disneyland's anniversary,but we are flying there.There is no way we can afford the cruise too there.

Good luck with you dieting!I will start mine back on Monday.I want to lose some weight before cruise gets here.I am going to try walking again.I am kind of hesitant due to my heal spurs,but I am going to try.

Have a great Mother's Day!

Maria

Ratt45
05-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Just wanted to bump us to the first page. In 2 weeks, we will have <200 days to go !!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!:bounce:

Has anyone started packing? I would,but I would forget where everything was!!!!:crazy:

SQUIGGLE
05-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Sure will be good getting uner 200 days.

Maria - we were at Pop Century on Opening Day in December. It was just great! Really looking forward to it.

Congratulations on all the weight loss!

fran

Disneyfan37
05-11-2004, 06:41 PM
Thanks!I want to lose some weight before the cruise.

Yes,under 200 days sounds great and a lot closer.We are going to port this Saturday to see the Magic leave.We are taking two of my dckids who love to see the Disney Boat.They are going on their first cruise in October,and it is a surpriseThe cruise of course will be on the Disney boat.I already told their parents to take tons of photos.

DH and I will have to check out Pop Century.We have never been there.I bet you had a great time at the grand opening of it.That is cool!

Maria

Ratt45
05-12-2004, 11:40 AM
Fran, this is Maria's husband. I just wanted to add that we are also going to have Andy a.k.a. Vernandah Man send the two boys a postcard from Mickey as a surprise. We hope, no we know, that they will get hooked and want to go another Disney cruise. Then we can go with them!!!;) :p

Disneyfan37
05-15-2004, 07:52 AM
We are going to port today to take the two boys to see the Magic sailaway.They have no clue that we are going,and they also have no clue that come October they will actually get on the boat.I can't wait to see their expressions today when they see the boat in person actually sailaway as they have seen it here via the pc.

We got the Disney Cruise DVD yesterday.It is great.If you haven't gotten it yet,I strongly suggest you go t the Disney cruise website and order yourself one.The video is nothing compared to the way the DVD is.I love the DVD.I showed it to the boys yesterday,and they were just glued to the tv.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Bbgrizzle
05-15-2004, 10:25 AM
Hi Dis-ers,
Sorry I haven't posted for a while. I hurt my back and had to lie flat for about a week. OUCH! I'm sooo glad to be feeling better.

Fran and Kathy, I just want to say Goodbye and wish you a magical time on your trips. Perhaps you can chant my name on my favorite ride: Pirates of the Caribbean! pirate: And eat a Mickey bar for me. :mickeybar

Maria, have fun at the port!

Disneyfan37
05-15-2004, 11:33 AM
I am sorry to hear about your back.Hope you are feeling all better soon!

Those of you at the parks or going have a great time!We hope to hear all about it.

We are leaving to go to port in a half hour.I love to see the boat take off,but it would be even better if we got to go on it.

You all have a great day!

Maria

SQUIGGLE
05-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Just back from the World. Had a great few days! Found out that not only can you see Illuminations from POP Century; but you can also see Wishes! It's really neat you can see both at once.

Went to see Indiana Jones. When they asked for volunteers this guy was jumping up & down & waving his arms and screaming. I started to crack up thinking of Bonnie doing that in Who Want's to be a Millionaire!

Can't wait to be under 200 days! Anyone have any ideas on the excursions you might want to go on?

fran

jwann
05-15-2004, 06:28 PM
:sad: So sorry to hear about your back, Bonnie!
Here's some pixie dust and prayers for a speedy recovery!

As far as excursions, our family was considering the catamaran sail out of St. Marteen and doing St. Johns on our own during the St. Thomas stop.

We are still up in the air, though.

Disneyfan37
05-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Glad to hear you had a great time at Pop Century!That is cool that you can see both Illuminations and Wishes from the resort.What is wishes?We haven't seen that one yet.

I know I can't wait to be under 200 days either.9 more to go!We went to port today.It was great seeing the Magic sailaway.

We are definitely doing both island tour excursions,and at St Thomas we are doing the tram thing for sure.We got the Disney Passporter just recently in the mail,and it has some great information on the excursions.

The Ron Jon Resort is great.This is our second time driving by there,and each time I am more expressed with it.We will be driving to port the same day as if not we would definitely be staying there.

Maria

SQUIGGLE
05-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Bonnie - hope your back is feeling better. Mine goes out once in a while so I know what you are feeling. Try to take it easy for awhile.

Maria - Wishes is the new fireworks at Magic Kingdom. It is spectacular! I think it started last fall.

Has anyone done the excursion to Antigua? I'd like to do that; but it seems a bit expensive.

fran

Disneyfan37
05-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Wishes sounds like something dh and I need to check out.We haven't been at the parks in ages.We are hooked on the Disney cruises instead of the parks<G>.I am glad you had a great time Fran.

Maria

lillygator
05-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Hello all:wave2:
may I join too? We had originally booked this cruise last Dec/Jan and then I cancelled and we booked the 5/13 Wonder instead.....we just returned from that and four days at the world!
While onboard I rebooked for the 12/11/04 cruise! I am so excited...we will be celebrating our 4 year anniversary! (a little late 12/2 is the actual date)

Traveling will be:
Vanessa (me) 29 (30 at the time of sailing)
John (dh) 39 (40 at the time of sailing)
and Samantha 18months who will be a little over 2 at sailing time!

I can't wait!

Disneyfan37
05-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Welcome Aboard!I see you are in beachside FL.I am in Florida too.The cruise is the best way to celebrate an anniversary.We did that last year.It was great!I can't wait!

Maria

jwann
05-17-2004, 08:16 PM
Welcome Vanessa and family!!!!!!
It's gonna be a great cruise!

lillygator
05-18-2004, 06:36 AM
Hi Maria and Jennifer!

Maria - we are in Sarasota, so completely on the other coast from Port Canaveral! But the Gulf is awesome!

Bbgrizzle
05-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Welcome Lillygator! I remember seeing a post of yours a while back about cruising with a toddler. How did it go?

Fran, sorry I was late with my goodbye, but it sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for thinking of me, even if it was only in the context of me acting like a crazy person in order to get picked. :D

Jen, where is that crazy sister of yours? Doesn't she like us?

Hope everyone is enjoying this lovely spring day.

lillygator
05-18-2004, 10:55 AM
we cruised last weekend and dd 18 months did great!! It was so much fun. Now if only December would hurry and get here!

Ratt45
05-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Just think, next week at this time it will be 200 days!!!!

Lillygator, where are you at in Sarasota? Without giving your address of course. I mean, what area of Sarasota? I was born and raised in Sarasota until DW and I moved to Gainesville. I prefer the Gulf over the Atlantic side anytime.

I just noticed on the weather.com site that the average temps for the time we're in the Islands are 86 for hi and 73 for low. Nice break from the cool or in most cases cold weather!!!:smooth: :cool: :)

lillygator
05-18-2004, 09:36 PM
Oh my - we are GATORS!! I moved here from Gainesville!!!

We live just off the south bridge to Siesta Key!!!

We have season tickets to Florida, so maybe we'll catch you in north Florida!

Disneyfan37
05-19-2004, 06:01 AM
CoolYou want to know the funny thing about it as DH was born in Sarasota,FL.DH and I are high school sweethearts.We both went to Sarasota High School,and we came here to Gainesville after graduation.

Let us know we can get together sometime before the Gator Games.We love our Gators!My dh niece is starting at UF in August,so we will be seeing a lof of UF starting then.We live in NW Gainesville.

Yes,not only are we Gator fans we are Disney fans as well<G>!Great to see another Gator on here!

Maria

SQUIGGLE
05-19-2004, 06:31 PM
Welcome lillygator. Looks like we are getting a good Florida group for the cruise.

lillygator & Disneyfan37 - don't forget they are starting to sell gator permits at your local Tax Collector on June 12. Sorry about that - I'm a Penn State fan.

It still seems soooo far away. But 200 days is better than 300 days!

Everyone have a good evening.

Disneyfan37
05-19-2004, 08:26 PM
I agree I wish it was less then 200 days,but it is better then 300.

Hey there is nothing against Penn State.No,I didn't know anything about the gator permits<G>.

You all have a great evening!

Maria

Disneyfan37
05-21-2004, 06:29 AM
We aer getting closer to less then 200 day mark.I can't wait!Hurry December get here!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Maria

lillygator
05-21-2004, 09:07 AM
We are getting a little closer everyday! Can't wait....

anyone planning any trips to Disney in the time before the cruise? How about staying over there the night before?

This last time we stayed for four nights and the drive from Orlando to the port was very nice. I am dreading the drive from Sarasota to the port first thing in the morning so I am thinking of staying over at Disney for one (or hopefully two) nights. Just have to convince DH.....

it is our anniversary celebration, so hopefully we will stay at the GF or Poly....never tried either.

We do plan on going for MNSSHP and probably day trips here and there.

Ratt45
05-21-2004, 09:36 AM
Hi Lillygator!!!! Next Wednesday will be 199 days!!! Yeah!!!

DW (Disneyfan37) and I are giving that some thought now as well. We would have to leave at 7:00 or 7:30 am. Not sure about doing that since neither one of us are morning people:crazy: If we stayed on property, it would be back to one of the All-Stars. If it was our anniversary, I know we would want to stay the Poly!!

RebeccaLovesDisney
05-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi Everyone!!! Yes I'm still here and pop in to read posts occasionally, but have just been really busy. School is almost out (just 3 more days) and the last few weeks are full of so many activities!

Bonnie - I hope you are feeling better!

Welcome lillygator! So glad you've decided to cruise at the same time.

We are planning on going to WDW after the cruise. Before would be better but I'm trying to minimize the amount of school we miss. I still am not sure about it though. I posted on the Theme Parks board asking about crowds during the week before Christmas, and got mixed answers. Some say it's terribly crowded, others say not bad that most people don't go until after Christmas. I guess if we go we'll just take our chances !!:confused:

Probably won't decide on any excursions or port activities until much later in the summer. Kids have started summer swim team which takes up a lot of time, but it's fun!! It's too hot in Texas in the summer to do any other kind of outdoor exercise.

Take Care everyone!!

Bbgrizzle
05-21-2004, 11:52 PM
Julie, It's great to hear from you! Thanks, my back is 98% better. It just aches a little at the end of the day.

I was planning on taking my kids out of school for 2 weeks to do the cruise and WDW, but now I don't have to. Their school is going year-round next year (yahoo!) so if I get track 5, which I requested, they will be out of school for the whole month of December.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great weekend!

jwann
05-22-2004, 07:29 AM
HI y'all!

Bonnie - I think you will like the year round schooling. We have a modified version of that here and we really enjoy it. We LOVE to travel and we can do so much more of it and don't have to wait until summer (when the kids usually have baseball) or spring break (when it's crowded where ever you go). Also, the kids enjoy their breaks from school but don't have such a LONG break that they get bored like with the usual 3 months of summer break. But, alas, rumor has it that they are going to vote on going back to a traditional calendar -- I guess it is just TOO hard on families whose parents both work.

I must add my 2 cents into the college sports 'shout out' --
ROCK CHALK JAY HAWK K U
Myself, dh, dsis, df, dm, cousins, neices, and nephews are all alums of the University of KANSAS!!!!!

We are definitely going down early but only a day or two. We are going to do the Christmas Party the night before the cruise. We'll likely be staying at ALL-STAR SPORTS!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Disneyfan37
05-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Bonnie,I am glad your back is 98 percent.You take it easy though still!Hope the pain is all gone soon.
That is great that you don't have to worry about taking your kids out of school that they will already out at that time.
Have a great weekend!

Maria

Disneyfan37
05-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Hi Jennifer,Yes,you must not forget Unversity of Kansas.That is great that all of you graduated from the same university.

We are still deciding if we want to go down early or not.I am saying not as it gives me another day to finish packing and getting it all done.You definitely should as you are going to enjoy the Christmas Party.It is a lot of fun.That is tempting as to going early as we haven't been in a while.It is so pretty at the parks when all the Christmas decorations are up.I can't wait to see the boat all decorated in December.I bet it is beautiful too.

You have a great weekend!

Maria

SQUIGGLE
05-22-2004, 03:41 PM
Bonnie-glad to hear you are feeling better. Don't push yourself now. Just try to go easy.

We are staying at the Radisson the night before. Thought about going to MVMCP; but think we will get more sleep this way. LOL

jwann - if you haven't tried Pop Century yet; I reccommend it highly. We have stayed at all of the AS and would do so again; but have really become fans of PC.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

fran

lillygator
05-22-2004, 09:31 PM
I, too, have to second POP...we stayed ther in Feb and it was great.

We are thinking of doing MVMCP before the cruise as well....but just haven't decided yet. My husband can only get so many days off...

Disneyfan37
05-23-2004, 07:59 AM
Where exactly is Pop Century located at?It isn't by the All Stars is it?We haven't been in that area in a long while.I think we are over do.DH and I personally stay away from the parks during the summer months as it is way too hot there then.
Hope you all are having a graet weekend!

Maria

SQUIGGLE
05-23-2004, 10:32 AM
Maria - Pop Century is next to Caribbean Beach. If you come in Osceola Parway; it's the first right after the Disney Welcome Arch. One thing about PC - you can see the fireworks from MK and Illuminations from some of the 50's buildings.

I love the lobby. They have these shadow boxes with actual things from each decade. It's great looking at them; and you hear a lot of "I had one of those"; or "I still have one of those." All-in-all it's a lot of fun.

Almost under 200 days!

fran

Disneyfan37
05-23-2004, 02:15 PM
We will have to definitely check out the pop century hotel on our next stay on property.It sounds prety cool.I know exactly now where you are talking about.That is great that you can see the fireworks and illuminations.
Yes,it is almost under 200 days.I am ready!

Maria

Bbgrizzle
05-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Hi all.

It sounds like you guys like the All-Stars and Pop Century. We've only been to WDW twice (we are much closer to Disneyland) and so far we have stayed at Dixie Landings (now POR) and Wilderness Lodge. Also one night at the Dolphin before our first cruise. Judging from the pictures I've seen, I think my kids would like AS Movies a lot (not to mention the money we would save). Have any of you stayed there? If so, what did you think? Was it noisy and overrun with kids like people say?

Jen, actually I am very familiar with year-round school as my kids used to attend one before their new school was built last year. In Vegas, most schools are year round, but we do still have some 9-month. Boy was I disappointed when the new school was 9-month. I'm looking forward to next year. We love to take our vacations in the fall when most kids are in school. Smaller crowds that way.

Disneyfan37
05-24-2004, 05:47 AM
We have stayed more at the All Star Sports and Music.We have only stayed at Movies once due to having a hard time geting a room.They are the reasonably prices hotels at WDW,and they are the ones that sell out first.I don't remember them being noisy,but I haven't stayed there now for 2 years.I can't say I have had any problems with these neither of the All Stars as I haven't.

jhorner
05-25-2004, 08:08 AM
Hi all, I was just reading up on all I've missed over the past few weeks. I'm so excited to have all these new cruisers on our thread. As a quick review, I am jwann's sister. Her family and my family cruised on a 3 and 4 dayers last year and had such a ball that we had to try the 7 day! I have a dh, ds (8 at cruise time) and dd (5). My count down clock reads 199 days! I promised my sis that when we cracked into the 100s I would start looking at excursions. We both are buying tix to Mickey's very merry Christmas party thingy today. I doubt jwann will be staying at all star sports as we've already told her we'd get a villa at Beach Club that friday night before the cruise so we can all be together. I'll try to stay connected with you my fellow cruisers more often!

lillygator
05-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Hi!
What night are you going to MVMCP? DH and I just decided tonight that we are going ot Disney the 9th and 10th before the cruise...now we have to decide where to stay!! We will be going to the Xmas party on the 10th!

jwann
05-26-2004, 03:37 PM
We'll see you there, lillygator!!! My family and jhorner's family just bought tickets today for the MVMCP for the 10th!!! The guy on the phone said that they are selling like hotcakes!!!!!!!!!!
Let's wear our DIS buttons!

SQUIGGLE
05-27-2004, 06:59 PM
That's great that you guys are going to MVMCP! Have you ever been? Everything looks so pretty.

Anyone have big plans for the Holiday weekend?

fran

Bbgrizzle
05-27-2004, 07:28 PM

Anyone have big plans for the Holiday weekend?

We are going to my dad's cabin in Utah. Kids have a 4-day weekend so we'll be spending the whole time there. What are you doing, Fran? What's everyone else doing?

We haven't bought our MVMCP tickets yet, but we are planning to go on Tues the 7th. We dont' dare buy them yet because my mom isn't sure how many days she'll be able to go to WDW for. So we may end up doing MVMCP on Friday the 10th. Jen, you are scaring me when you say they are selling fast! Hope there are some left for us. I really want to go on Tuesday because I hear Tuesdays are usually less crowded than Fridays (they don't usually sell out).

RebeccaLovesDisney
05-28-2004, 03:08 PM
Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend! We have no plans for the weekend other than a swim meet.

Our summer has officially started now! The kids got out of school on Wednesday. :jumping3:

Disneyfan37
05-28-2004, 07:13 PM
We are sticking to around home this Memorial Day Weekend.Hope everybody has a great weekend!

Maria

SQUIGGLE
05-29-2004, 04:47 PM
We're keeping close to home too. Got the chores done today; so I have tomorrow and Monday to relax a bit.

Can't believe we are finally under 200 days.

fran

Disneyfan37
05-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Yes,we are under 200 days.I can' t wait.We are sticking close to home this weekend also.

I just watched the Magic go past two palms.I wish we were all on there.

Maria

jwann
05-30-2004, 03:40 PM
We went on a special "birthday" trip for my son's 9th birthday. We went to Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana and stayed at a hotel with an indoor pool. We just got back today - a day early - because of all the tonados that are going to hit this area today!! We didn't want to be caught at a water park, three hours from home, with a tornado on the way.

I hope all our DIS friends in the Midwest stay safe this weekend!!

Villaness
05-31-2004, 08:04 AM
This has been a nice Memorial Weekend. I had a 7 year grandson spend the weekend and we went to a graduation party on Saturday, bought some flowers on Sunday and I am returning to his Mom today. I would have been happier if I didn't have to travel to Detroit today (1 hour plus each way), especially with gas prices over 2.00 per gallon. Oh well he enoyed his time alone with Grma and Papa.

Disneyfan37
05-31-2004, 09:03 AM
It sounds like you had a great time with your Grandson.
I know what you mean gas prices are outrageous here in FL also.
We are taking two of my dckids today to see Shrek 2.

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day!

Maria

jwann
06-02-2004, 07:12 AM
Bump.
Have y'all read the thread about Lillygator? I'm afraid that she's not coming on "our" cruise. She's expecting!!! We are excited for her but will miss her!!!

Disneyfan37
06-02-2004, 08:33 AM
I saw that!That is exciting that she is expecting,but I was looking forward to meeting her as well as the others on here.

Bbgrizzle
06-02-2004, 10:12 AM
We had a good time at the cabin except for the fact that our minivan broke down on the way there! We had to be towed into Cedar City (the town at the base of the mountain where the cabin is). We had to have my dad drive up and pick us up on Monday and bring us home. Our minivan is still in Cedar City getting fixed. It has to have a new transmission. So we are down to one vehicle, which is never fun. Hope you all had a better weekend than we did. Actually, except for the fact that we couldn't drive around and explore, we had a nice relaxing weekend.

Maria, how was Shrek 2? We were planning on seeing it while we were in Utah over the weekend, but couldn't, for obvious reasons. We are going to see it tomorrow.

Jen, what's Holiday World?

Congrats on the great news, Lillygator! We will miss you.

SQUIGGLE
06-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Congratulations liliygator! We'll miss you this trip. Hope to see you on the next one!

fran

Disneyfan37
06-02-2004, 08:23 PM
I am sorry that you had problems with your minivan.That isn't the way to spend the weekend!Hope you get it back soon.

Shrek 2 was great.I actually enjoyed it more then the first one.I highly recommend it.

Have a great evening!

Maria

Villaness
06-03-2004, 06:52 AM
Congratulations Lilygator. I guess if there is a reason to miss a scheduled cruise this is high on the list. :Pinkbounc

Bbgrizzle
06-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious :rolleyes1

Ratt45
06-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Bump.....had to move us to the first page. Couldn't stand see us on the second page. Only 187 days to go.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

lillygator
06-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Hi Everyone!

We go for our first ultrasound next Wednesday....so send some pixie dust my way that everything is ok! (please!)

I still haven't changed the reservation yet. I am not sure what we are going to do. Maybe go on the 12/10/05 cruise....I can't really decide.

We are still going to MNSSHP and MVMCP......can't give those up!

Hope everyone is doing well....the weekends seem to go by too fast now that it is summer. We are working on house projects that definitely need to be finished before this baby comes.

SQUIGGLE
06-08-2004, 02:28 PM
All good thoughts to you lillygator.

Just got a catalog in the mail and saw a dress that would be perfect for semi-formal night. Anyone else starting to look for cruise stuff?

fran

Bbgrizzle
06-08-2004, 03:08 PM
No, I'm not looking for cruise stuff yet. It still seems so far away. It seems like when I plan everything way ahead of time the trip seems to take forever to get here. When I wait till the last minute, time sneaks up on me. Know what I mean?

Jwann: I just wanted to taunt you and say that I have 19 more posts than you do!! :p

Everyone going to MVMCP: Did you see the Samantha Brown special about MVMCP last December? Well, I Tivo'd it and I still haven't deleted it. I was just watching it this morning. It looks like so much fun! Can't wait!

Disneyfan37
06-08-2004, 08:06 PM
I am trying to find a formal gown.I haven't had any luck yet.We only have one mall,and I haven't seen anything there that I like.
I know it seems so far away.I wish it would hurry and get here.

Maria

RebeccaLovesDisney
06-11-2004, 10:35 AM
bumping this to the first page :yo-yo:

I'm not doing any shopping for the cruise yet except for airfare. We're thinking if airfares don't go down, we may drive to Florida. So far the cheapest I've seen is over $300 pp in December. For us it's a 20-24 hour drive, so I don't really want to drive but it's better than paying over $1,200 for airfare.

Have a great weekend everyone!

SQUIGGLE
06-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Hi everyone!
Bonnie - wish I had seen that show on MVMCP. I love Samantha Brown. She really gets a kick out of places she goes. But she does seem to have this thing about bathrooms LOL

RebeccaLoves Disney - WOW! I thought I heard there was a big price war going on. Air fares were supposed to be so low. Oh, maybe that's just for a certain period. Sending Pixie Dust your way. Sure hope you find something.

fran

Bbgrizzle
06-12-2004, 02:47 PM

Here you go, RebeccaLovesDisney. Does this look like Pixie Dust?

* * * * * * * * * :wizard: * * * * * * * * *

Villaness
06-13-2004, 06:40 PM
I'm glad to hear there are others that will be on the cruise without little ones. My DH and I will be traveling with our son and his family, but I hope to spend a good deal of the time without chidren. I would bet I will see more of them then I want LOL. They are ages 7 and 5, and their Mom told them they will be spending a LOT of time with the other children vs spending it all with them. We'll see.....

Jennifer....Sorry to hear about the bronchitis and ear infections. I came back from our trip to Disney on May 15, and I am finally getting over the asthma symptoms that I got while down there. I think the pollens are different than Michigan and that triggered problems. Then we went straight into the cottonwood mess! I hope you are on the mend.

Kathy

RebeccaLovesDisney
06-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the good wishes! Bonnie, that does look like pixie dust :upsidedow A lot of the airlines only have special fares for bookings through October now, so maybe something will come up soon. Southwest isn't even booking past Oct. yet.

We're also thinking about going to MVMCP Friday night before the cruise. I've looked into it and it sounds fun. We'll see- there's a lot of planning to do between now and December. :scratchin

lillygator
06-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone!!

We got back from our ultrasound today and we saw the heartbeat!! I guess we are just not destined to go on this 12/11 cruise! (this was my 2nd time booking it!)

so we will be on the 12/10/05 cruise....LONG way off....we will definitely do a 3 or 4 night one before then though. Maybe in May of next year. I am waiting on my AAA agent to give me the group discount rates for that cruise before I book...right now they are the same as DCL.

So I hope everyone has a great time.....I am missing it for good reasons!!

And just think this little souvenier was from our May Disney cruise!!:)

Disneyfan37
06-16-2004, 07:22 PM
Congratulations!That is great news!I wish you and family all the best.

Maria

SQUIGGLE
06-20-2004, 09:46 AM
Villaness - DD & I will be traveling without little ones. From what I hear of the clubs you probably won't be seeing your little ones too much.

Just 25 weeks from right now we will be in the middle of the ocean on our way to St Maarten. We are getting there slowly.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Disneyfan37
06-20-2004, 12:56 PM
I like the sound of that 25 more weeks better then days.I can't wait!

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Maria

jwann
06-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Sorry I haven't been on in a while -- busy, busy summer!
25 weeks -- let's see -- lose 2 pounds a week -- that's 50 pounds!!
Hope everyone is having a good summer!!!!!!!

jwann
06-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Do the bump, bump, bump...

SQUIGGLE
06-26-2004, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone! Did anyone else request first seating for dinner? Just wondering if we might see any other DISers at dinner? We always seem to have the LAPLAPL rotation.

Another week closer!
Have a great weekend.

Villaness
06-26-2004, 11:43 AM
We have requested an early seating, but I would imagine most families have requested this as well. I wonder what our chances of getting an early seating really is?? We have never like eating late on any of our cruises. We are early risers and not early to bed, but we don't like to party late at night.

Kathy

Disneyfan37
06-26-2004, 03:55 PM
We didn't request either.We got late seating which worked out great for us last time as we weren't hurried at all.

Maria

RebeccaLovesDisney
06-27-2004, 09:30 PM
We are waitlisted for early seating. I think I will call DCL soon to check on our status. On our last cruise, we had PLAPLAP. I've heard this is the seating for people with school-aged children. I liked it because we were in Lumieres for formal night and Parrot Cay for tropical night.

Ratt45
06-30-2004, 09:43 AM
bump...bump....bump

Wanted to keep us on the first page. One more month down, but still too far away for most of us. Wish it was this Saturday.:rolleyes:

lillygator
07-01-2004, 06:19 AM
Hi Everyone....just checking in....

I have the AAA rates for 12/05 (haven't changed my booking yet- will do after we hear the heartbeat!) and am really wishing we could take advantage of the Sept/Oct FL resident rates, they are fabulous. But I would be halfway through my pregnancy then and I think I would rather wait until next year.

Hope everyone has a great holiday!

jwann
07-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Count my family and jhorner's family in for early dining!

Everyone have a good 4th!
Stay safe!

SQUIGGLE
07-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Hope everyone is having a great 4th!

fran

Disneyfan37
07-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Happy Fourth to Everyone!

Maria

jwann
07-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Yipppeeee for us!
We found out about the SWA internet special flights and we booked a 4-night trip to WDW in Sept. for $78/pp round trip!! We are going to get special 3-day park hoppers plus 1 (for Disney Quest) and spend our trip at WDW and Downtown Disney. I AM PSYCHED! We can't decide whether to tell the kids or let it be a surprise...

Disneyfan37
07-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Excellent!You all got a great deal!I would surprise the kids!Have fun!

Maria

SQUIGGLE
07-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Nice going jwann. I wold surprize the kids too.
Wish someone would surprize me with a trip to WDW! LOL

fran

Villaness
07-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Great airfare Jwann....We are happy if we get $218 RT airfare out of Detroit. They rarely have cheap fares. NWA has the fares locked up there. Even the Southwest fares never seem to be what they are at other airports. We try to get the direct flight on NWA out of Flint. You don't have to deal with the traffic surrounding Detroit Metro. They have 1 flight each way each day to Orlando. It books fast because of the traffic and often is cheaper than Detroit Metro. I am going to WDW again in September with my niece for her 8th birthday and our fare was $218 RT.

With RT fares at $78, I would schedule a trip as well. You can't beat those fares!!

Ratt45
07-14-2004, 11:56 AM
bump.....bump.....bump

Just wanted to get us back on the first page. Only 150 days to go!!! 51 more and we will be in double digits:hyper:

SQUIGGLE
07-17-2004, 06:48 PM
We are finally under 150 days! It seemed to take sooooo long to get here.
Hope everyone is having a nice summer.

fran

Disneyfan37
07-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Yes,finally under 150 day mark.We are anxioulsy awaiting this cruise.

Maria

cruisenewbie2004
07-19-2004, 03:08 PM
To see so many people posting about the cruise we will also be going on! This is my first cruise and we are cruising with extended family and we are looking forward to it!:wave:

SQUIGGLE
07-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Hey! Welcome cruzennewbie. Good to have you with us. Any questions; be glad to try and help.

fran