PDA

View Full Version : Roll call 3/13/2004 Western Magic cruisers...

onceuponadream
10-28-2003, 04:22 PM
Hi!

We are a group of ten.. DH and myself with our 4 kids age 4-12 traveling with both sets of our parents. My DH and I have been on 4 cruises and our parents on many more than us. We can't wait to share our love of cruising with our kids. We have had our trip planned for over a year and can't believe it's only 5 months away! Anyone else joining us??

Momtoemma
10-28-2003, 05:51 PM
We will be there and e too have planned our trip for over one year. Second Disney cruise for us and we are dgm 70's, me (mom) 40's, dd 10, dniece 10, dnephew 12, db and dsil. Are you flying down daybefore? We are doing different things but will all be at the Port the night before Raddisson)

I can hardly wait.

Debbie

Northwoods
10-28-2003, 06:46 PM
We'll be there too. Me, DH, DD12, DS8. We were on the Magic last year at this time and loved it. Unfortunately we were unable to dock at Cayman - so we are looking forward to seeing the Singrays this year. We will arrive the night before - haven't decided where we will stay.

onceuponadream
10-28-2003, 07:23 PM
Hi Northwoods and Debbie!

We are from Houston but couldn't find any good airfare so we are driving to New Orleans and flying from there on Friday night. We will arrive in Orlando at 6:20. After that long trek I think we'll spend the night in Orlando and take Happy Limo from there on Saturday morning.

Our kids are ds12, dd9, ds7 and ds4. None of them are in the same "age group" for activities so hopefully they will make some friends. I'm really once a little concerned about the younger 2. the older 2 will be fine.

We've been to Cayman twice...the water is so beautiful. We did a Captain Marvin's tour last time (without kids) and really enjoyed it. Stingray City is something else. My dh loved it..I was petrified and I love to snorkel and love animals. Something about them crawling up my back...:eek: We had a great time though. My mom and stepdad are spending 2 weeks in Cozumel in January so hopefully they'll come back with some neat places to visit. I've heard Castaway Cay is phenomenal. Key West..not sure with kids what we should do...

Northwoods
10-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Last year at Key West we just walked around and took the trolly tour. Okay to do once but not very exciting. I think you drive on every street in Key West - you keep criss-crossing the main roads. This year we hope to do the catermaran racing - we love to sail.

Cayman we will do the stingrays with Captain Marvin - unless I can work out a scuba and snorkel trip that would include Stingray city. DH and I have been there before and know the kids will love it.

Cozumel we did the Mayan ruins tour last year. It was interesting but hot. The kids want to swim with the dolphins this time.

Castaway Cay is just wonderful to relax, swim and build sand castles.

Can't wait to be there again.

scduckman
10-30-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm glad we finally have a thread going again. The previous one died about 4 months ago. There will be three of us, DW, myself and DD 9. This is our first time on the Western. We did the Eastern in Jan 02 and a three day in Oct 02. I'm glad we have some other DIS'ers going. On the Eastern we did the Golden Eagle Catamarran excursion in St Maarten and we had 39 DIS'ers.

decolady
10-30-2003, 04:14 PM
Hi everyone, glad to meet you all!

We are a family of three, me (40's), DH (50's) and DS (12). Looks like there will be a few other 12 year olds for him to play with!

We were on a 3 day Wonder cruise 3 years ago and DS was only 8 so he couldn't go on the computers in the Oceanography Lab. So this cruise is going to be his 12th birthday present, he turns 12 on March 5th. Do you think that is too far past to ask for a cake at dinner one night?

Anyway, we should definitely try to have a DIS meeting during the sailaway party.

I can't wait!!!

BeeSkip
10-31-2003, 01:49 AM
Hi...Welcome aboard March 13th cruisers..
Count us in on the March 13th Magic Cruise can't wait! last year did the march western and were unable to dock at Cayman Islands. The kids were disappointed as they were really looking forward to the stingray city tour. Hopefully, this upcoming cruise we will be able to see the Rays. So we're a family of 4 from Maryland, DD 16 and DS 11. We are traveling with my sister and her DS 13. We are very excited that aunt/sister and nephew/cousin are joining us. We know first hand how WONDERFUL cruising with Disney can be and can't wait to have them share the "magic" with us!!!

AKB
11-01-2003, 01:42 PM
We, won't be on your cruise, but a year later on the Western March 12 cruise. we're looking forward to hearing about your trip, the weather, and on board activities in March. Have lots of fun!!!!:boat:

onceuponadream
11-03-2003, 01:59 PM
Hi again!

Looks like we have some kids the same age on the cruise.

BeeSkip DD16, DS11, Dnephew13

decolady DS12

scduckman DD9

Northwoods DD12, DS8

onceuponadream (me) DS12, DD9, DS7, DS4

Have any of you decided what you are going to do in port? We aren't too sure about Key West...any ideas?

Sandy

decolady
11-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Hi Sandy,

We haven't decided definitely what to do in port yet, but we are not real big on the excursions that are for sale. We usually prefer to wander around on our own. I think that is what we will be doing in Key West, from what I've read the best part is at sundown right near the pier, I forget what it is called.

I would like to do something in Cozumel though, I haven't decided what. We like snorkeling but DS doesn't want any part of the stingrays!!

Any ideas from anyone else?

Deb

scduckman
11-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Bumping this to keep us in sight.

decolady
01-06-2004, 09:53 AM
I am bumping this up for mike2beach so he can see that there are a few of us on this cruise! He has a couple more boys to add to our pack of kids!

We are very excited today, just made our final payment!!! I am going to try to book our swim with the dolphins this week, too.

Anyone else decided on excursions?

BeeSkip
01-07-2004, 12:11 AM
We are on the MArch 13th sailing of the Magic. We are a party of 6, DH, DW, DD 17, DS 11 and Aunt with DS age 14. We are counting the days. Northwoods, We were also on the March 12th cruise last year which didn't dock at Cayman. What a small world!!! We are looking forward to the Caymans this time. Are you doing the stingray excursion this time. What about Cozumel?
Any news on what is new this year? I heard the teen area is different. See you on board!!!! Bee

mike2beach
01-07-2004, 07:52 AM
Hi March 13th cruisers!

This thread was burried so deep, I could not find it. This will be our 2nd Magic cruise. Eastern 2 years ago. Our crew DH, DW and our 2 boys ages 5 and 7. We can't wait to see Singray City and we are giving Mr. Sanchos a try in Cozumel. See you there!!

BeeSkip
01-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Hello out there. Are there many March 13th cruisers.? This thread seems to be very anemic. The December 10 day 2004 has over 1000 posts!!! Can't wait to cruise. We are from Maryland...Where are the rest of the 3-13 cruisers ? Where are you all from? Are your children on break or are you taking them out of school?
In our party, we have 2 on break, 1 not. Is it true that the Morty the magician show is history? Any 11 year old boys? My DS is 11 and can't wait to meet new friends. The 2 teens, DS 17 and DN 14 can't wait to check out the new teen location.

Waiting patiently, Bee

onceuponadream
01-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Hi Bee and everyone!

Let me reintroduce myself. Myself (37) and DH (37) will be cruising with our 4 kids DS12, DD9, DS7, DS4. Joining us will be my mom and stepdad in there 60's and my DH's parents in their late 50's and early 60's. Our parents have cruised a ton. We've cruised with Celebrity, Royal Caribbean and Carnival but never Disney. We have 2 category 9 connecting cabins on deck 2 and another guarenteed inside cabin booked.

I usually spend loads of time planning our WDW trips but have only cruised with my DH so haven't "planned" those really just enjoyed them :) I can't believe our cruise is only 60 or so days away and I haven't lurked on the boards much.

We have been to Cayman and Cozumel several times. My mom who is joining us on this cruise actually enjoyed Cozumel so much on her last cruise that she is leaving Tuesday to spend 2 weeks there. We are counting on her to check out Mr Sanchos and Playa Del Sol and anywhere else that may be fun...I'll let you know what she says.

In Cayman we've done the stingray city tour with Capt Marvin and really loved it. Only one of our 4 kids is really "brave" enough to swim with them however so I think we'll be heading to 7 mile beach...we haven't done that yet. Either that or breaking up and half going to the beach and DH taking DD9 to see the stingrays.

Key West is our big question mark right now. We would like to do an excursion as my brother has been there and couldn't really recommend a whole lot for kids..lots for adults however. We are loking at Sunset Cruises or Glass Bottom boats...open for suggestions though.

I guess it's time to get serious about a packing list. Do you know if they have pin trading? I need to buy pillowcases for autographs for the younger ones.

BTW I have a DS12 (was 12 in October). Would he be in the same group as your DS?

Well I need to run to get the kids ready for school...to answer your question our Spring Break is the week of March 13.

Hope to hear from everyone!!

Sandy

decolady
01-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Hi Sandy and Bee!

We are a family of three, our DS will be 12 the week before the cruise. We live in Bethlehem, PA, just over the border from NJ. Sounds like there will be a lot of 11-12 yr old boys!!

With my Weatherbug saying it is now 3 DEGREES here, I can't wait to get to the Carribbean!!!

Deb:cool:

BeeSkip
01-12-2004, 12:23 AM
Hello fellow cruisers!!!
Great to know that my DS age 11 will find some friends onboard.

He likes to shot hoops up on deck and last year when I wanted to find him 9 times out of 10, that was where he was!!!\

This particular cruise, 3-13-04,doesnt' seem to attract a lot of attention on these boards. We are from Maryland. It has been so cold here and cant' wait to feel the sun.

What dining are you fellow cruisers on? We are on second. Orignally we were on early but when my sister and nephew made the "best decision in their lives" to join us we switched to second seating.

Any teens. My soon to be 17 year old DD is looking forward to meeting some new friends, as well as 14 year old DN.

Please anyone cruising on 3-13-04 Magic who hasn't checked in on the boards, please do so. It would be great to "introduce" yourself as we get more excited about the cruise!!!

Bee

onceuponadream
01-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Hi again Bee! We are also at second seating for dinner. Any idea when we should be receiving cruise docs??

Northwoods
01-12-2004, 08:36 AM
:( We cancelled our cruise. DH didn't feel he could be gone 9 days - he is in a new job. But we will be at Grand Cayman when you dock. We are spending 5 days at the Reef Resort on the East End.

At least we will get to swim with the stingrays. We missed it last year.

Have fun.

decolady
01-12-2004, 12:47 PM
:( Sorry Jane. We almost had to leave hubby home for the same reason, but he caught the boss on a good day when he asked for the time off!!

Bee and Once, we are first seating.

MerryPoppins
01-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi. Our family of 4 will be on the March 13 cruise. We are from Norman, Oklahoma and the kids are out of school that week. Our DS is 16 (he'll be 17 in June) and DD will turn 13 on April 1st. She is trying to decide whether or not she wants to bump up to the teen group.

Any teens/kids interested in making friends in advance of the trip? We could start a thread on the teen board or start a kid one here. They might all like "knowing" someone in advance.

This is our second Disney cruise as a family. DH and I also went on a cruise for our honeymoon and two of our stops were Cozumel and Grand Cayman. This cruise is partly to celebrate our 20th anniversary in July.

We haven't decided what to do in port. Probably we'll do our own thing unless we decide to do the stingrays. Not sure what seating we have. I'll ask DH. Probably the first seating because our DS is ALWAYS hungry!

We arrive in Orlando on the 12th and we are driving to the port to spend the night. DH made the reservation. Can't recall the name of the hotel. When we get back, we are spending a night in Orlando and doing a Disney outlet and other shopping.

Now that I've found this thread I'll try to keep up with it. Feel free to PM me if you want to get to know me better.

onceuponadream
01-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Northwoods...what a bummer. I hope you'll be able to rebook soon :) .

Welcome MerryPoppins! I'm sure my kids would love to introduce themselves on the thread...not sure how great they would be at keeping up with it but we could try.

Weather here is beautiful..this is our "nice" time of year as summers are merciless. It's 60 and partly cloudy so the kids never come inside after school!

MerryPoppins
01-12-2004, 05:12 PM
We've had a couple of cold snaps and cold nights, but afternoons are beautiful. It's a nice break from summer's humidity.

DD wants to know where all the girls are? Seems like an abundance of boys and few girls. :teeth:

BeeSkip
01-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Hi....It's Bee again...

Northwoods.....That must have been hard to cancel the cruise. At least you still have a very nice vacation to look forward to.

As far as girls, My DD is turning 17 in a few weeks.

I am sure the Teens and kids would love to introduce themselves prior to the cruise... After all, they all seem in front of the computer all the time anyway!!!

We are looking into one of the stingray excursions. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which one is best? Last year on our cruise, we were unable to dock in the Caymans and our stingray excursion was cancelled. We also want to snorkle in Cozumel. I think we will just sightsee on our own in Key West.

It's not as cold here today( high around 50) however on Friday, the high is forcasted to be 8 degrees. BRRRRRRR.

The tropical sun and breezes are looking good!!! Bee

ThomS
01-13-2004, 12:21 AM
I am quite happy to say my family will also be on the 3/13/04 Magic. We will have 5 myself, DW, DD5 and DD1, with my father-in-law. This is our 3rd DCL cruise, our first western.

Thom

LikesMagic
01-13-2004, 12:22 AM
Hello --
Single dad here with two daughters, 9 and 15, on our first cruise. Really looking forward to it!
Fred, Austin, TX

decolady
01-13-2004, 08:14 AM
Hi everyone!!

As of today, it is only 2 months till we step aboard the ship!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

BeeSkip
01-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Just a quick note: I just got ff the phone with the shore excursion desk. I was told that the 3-13-04 sailing is one which doesn't tender in the Caymans but actually docks. I didn't know this ever happened. The lady was very certain of this even though I questioned her over and over. This may impact which the times of the shore excursions everyone wants to do. Just verify this fact, if you call. I don't have a countdown clock but I guess we have 59days left to go.

See you on board!!! Bee

mike2beach
01-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Here are some of the Stingray City charters. I think Native Way is the cheapest and you do not need to leave a deposit. Watch of for Capt. Bryan's. If for some reason you cancel, they will not refund your deposit.

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/about.html
http://www.captainmarvins.com/
http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com/CaptainBryan.htm

:wave:

trgthatsme
01-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Hello everyone,

We are a family of four. My DH and I are in our 40s, DS is 16 and DD is 14. We are really excited for our first cruise together as a family (DH and I have gone on one other cruise prior to kids).

We have been curious about excursions and appreciate the comments that have been posted. I'm glad to know that exploring the ports on our own is an option.

Does anyone know anything specific about the Mayan ruins in Cozumel?

We are looking forward to meeting everyone in March!

decolady
01-20-2004, 01:05 PM
:wave: Welcome, trgthatsme!!!

Sorry, I don't know anything about the Mayan ruins!! We are going to wander around on our own near the dock in both Key West and Grand Cayman. Doing the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel.

Deb

MerryPoppins
01-20-2004, 01:39 PM
Trgthatsme, I think the only impressive ruins are on the mainland. Look for a thread about Cozumel started by Coz Minigolf Sally. She lives in Cozumel and will be glad to answer your questions.

By the way, DH and I are also in our 40's. Our kids will be along with us. DS is 16 and DD will be almost 13. It's our family's second cruise on the Magic. We'll have to meet!

BeeSkip
01-22-2004, 04:23 PM
Hello March 13th cruisers.

I got our shore excursion confirmation today in the mail!!!

When are you all getting to Florida? We are flying in early Saturday morning. We debated about going Friday evening but the flights didn't work out.

When do you all book this cruise, We booked last spring

It's so cold here.....Sunshine. Palm trees, coconuts here we come!

See you on board, Bee

MerryPoppins
01-22-2004, 05:33 PM
We are getting there Friday night. Still haven't decided on our excursions. We need to get on the ball. It's getting close and I'm excited.

decolady
01-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Hello gang!

We are getting in around 9PM Friday night and staying by the airport. We are coming into the Sanford (North Orlando) Airport, about an hour drive to Cape Canaveral.

We booked the one excursion we want to do, the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel.

Getting close now!!:hyper:

trgthatsme
01-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Thank-you to everyone for the warm welcome!:wave2:

We are arriving Saturday morning and taking the Disney Cruise Line transportation to the port. Our flight gets in around 11:00 am.

Does anyone know if we will have the time and opportunity to purchase soda/ wine at the port before boarding?

We have not booked any excursions yet. I've been doing a lot of research and we will probably make our decisions this weekend.

MerryPoppins, it would be nice to meet you and your family.

Have a great weekend everyone!

MerryPoppins
01-23-2004, 11:42 AM
We've never done the Disney Cruise Line transportation, so I can't answer your question. It'll probably take an hour or hour and a half to make the drive, if I remember correctly.

Don't really know where you'd go to buy wine and pop? They'll drop you off in the parking lot of the terminal. I'm not sure how far it would be to go shopping.

Good luck getting the answer you want. If you don't find out here, you could ask on the regular cruise line forum.

BeeSkip
01-23-2004, 01:04 PM
This is our 4th Disney Cruise, 1 4 day Wonder, 1 3 day Wonder (too short) 1 7 day Western and now the upcoming March 13th cruise. Each time we took the Disney transportation to the port and to my 1st hand knowledge, there is not an opportunity to purchase drinks etc. as you are dropped off at the terminal. There are no stores or shopping centers that I've seen visually near the terminal. My suggestion would be to have one person from your party take a taxi from the terminal to a local store (? as to how far away) make your purchase and then return before boarding. You would have to decide if this was worth it or not.

50 days and counting, Bee

Decolady, we are practically neighbors!!

BeeSkip
01-23-2004, 01:06 PM
This is our 4th Disney Cruise, 1 4 day Wonder, 1 3 day Wonder (too short) 1 7 day Western and now the upcoming March 13th cruise. Each time we took the Disney transportation to the port and to my 1st hand knowledge, there is not an opportunity to purchase drinks etc. as you are dropped off at the terminal. There are no stores or shopping centers that I've seen visually near the terminal. My suggestion would be to have one person from your party take a taxi from the terminal to a local store (? as to how far away) make your purchase and then return before boarding. You would have to decide if this was worth it or not.

50 days and counting, Bee

Decolady, we are practically neighbors!!

Merrypoppins, In response to where are the girls, I have a soon to be 17 DD

MerryPoppins
01-23-2004, 02:38 PM
I see that we do have several girls. We just meant that there seem to be a lot more DIS males on this particular cruise. ;) Both our DD and our DS are looking forward to meeting some of you!

Glad you could answer, BeeSkip. We always do a Towncar, so I had no experience with Disney Transportation. This time we will be taking a shuttle from the Inn at Cocoa Beach, since that is where we are spending Friday night. Anyone ever stay there before? Any suggestions of restaurants near the inn for Friday dinner (within walking distance) ?

momnut
01-23-2004, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone!! We, myself and my dh and my dbrother in law and dsister in law and my dniece (2yr) are sailing on March 13th. This is our second cruise we did the Eastern in January. We are so excited! We will be visiting our daughter who works on the ship in the entertainment! We have the second dinner seating as well. Now that I know what to expect I can hardly wait. :Pinkbounc

onceuponadream
01-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Hello again all! It's me again with DH37, DS 12, DD9, DS7, DS4, DMIL, DFIL,dmom and dstep dad. Sorry I've been away..busy with work. This is the first Disney trip I haven't "planned" very well but hopefully we'll just relax.

BeeSkip--can we already book shore excursions??

trgthatsme~We've been to Cozumel three times and usually the excursions to Tulum (where the big ruins are) are an early stop and an all day affair. It takes quite a while to get there..I believe you actually get off the boat at Cancun and take a bus I think over an hour to the City of Tulum. I've never done this as the feat of getting there seemed too long but I know people that have have enjoyed it. There are some other small ruins in Cozumel but I don't know much about them.

Can't remember who asked but we did Captain Marvin's in Cayman and highly recommend them. wonderful, relaxing time.

Now a few ?'s~Can we bring wine, beer, soda aboard?
~Anyone bringing a pillowcase for characters to sign?
What the heck are you doing in Key West and when are the cruise doc's coming!!!:)

Sandy

ThomS
01-24-2004, 03:08 AM
We are flying in Tuesday PM and playing for a few days in the parks.

I have noticed posts from folks cruising in late Feb getting their cruise docs, so I am thinking we may see ours in a couple of weeks.

Hurry up and book your excursions, I did ours last week, and some are filled already.

Bee - Yes I have heard from many that bringing drinks on board is fine. I have never done so myself, but lots of posts in here have mentioned it.

-Thom pirate:

mike2beach
01-24-2004, 06:35 AM
Hi everyone,

onceuponadream-- Yes you can bring wine, beer and soda aboard. I carried on 2 bottles of wine on our last trip. If you bring your own wine to dinner they will charge you a $15 uncorking fee.

onceuponadream
01-24-2004, 08:59 AM
mike2beach~thanks that's great to know!

ThomS~thanks for the info on the shore excursions. I'm still not sure if we are just doing or own thing or not. I haven't done much research on the excursions so don't know if some are better than others.

Any excursions not to be missed? We are not doing the Stingray City as only 1 of our 4 kids would get in with the stingrays and I did it 3 years ago with my DH. Thanks for any suggestions!

BeeSkip
01-24-2004, 01:57 PM
When on Cozumel, I highly recommend the snorkling at Channaknabb(sp?) National park. We did it last year and it was really neat. It's only 3-4 hour trip and you can explore the shopping district also. The fish that you see are beautiful and plentiful. The people working with you are very nice, helpful and you can tell their main concern is you have a lot of fun. We are doing it again because it was so fun and we are taking Daunt and Dnephew with us and can't wait for them to experience it too!!!!

BTW, which excursions are all ready sold out?

The documents should be here soon.

It's so cold here.....Hurry up March 13th!!!!

Bee, .....Cruising with DH, DD (soon to be 17 on 2-1-04), DS 11,
Dsister/aunt and Dnephew/cousin (14 on 2-10-04)

ThomS
01-24-2004, 02:57 PM
The dolphin encounter is completely booked in all times, and was a week ago as well. That's the only one I asked about that was closed, but if any are really limited in numbers, the sooner you book the better.

Momtoemma
01-25-2004, 11:23 AM
Hi we are 7 including three children ages 12 (dnephew,) 10 (dniece) and 10 (dd).

We are going to do parasailing at Key West (since it is 1/2 the price of CC, and there are 4 of us doing it). I hear Key West Conch train is not very exciting and kids probably would be bored.
In Grand Caymen, have been there before, may rent car otherwsie not much, and in Cozumel we will shop, doing mini golf, and maybe Chank (sp) park.

On CC maybe banana boat, or just hang out
When do you think we will get our documents
Debbie

Momtoemma
01-25-2004, 11:27 AM
oh by the way mike2beach, I see you were on the Eastern 2 years ago, so were we. Were you on the fire cruise. If so let's hope for no repeat!! (although it is a great adventure looking back I suppose, given that all turned out well)

Debbie

mike2beach
01-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Momtoemma- No, we were on the cruise after the fire cruise. They sailed about an hour late waiting for material and workers for the repar to arrive.

valeriekc
01-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Hello All!!
We will be joining you in March.
There will be 5 of us. My husband (39) my brother (40) and my two daughters (11) & (6).
Our last cruise was on RCCL and we did the eastern and had a wonderful time.
We are hoping to have an even better time on Disney.
We are not sure what to do in Key West, pretty unimpressed with what we've seen to do and reports I've read.
Doing horses and stingray city in Cayman.
thinking about beach and shopping in Cozumel.
And don't know what to do in Castaway Cay.....pretty much figuring on swimming, eating , relaxing etc...
Looking forward to much fun in the sun!!!!!

ThomS
01-26-2004, 11:00 PM
Mike2beach- Funny, we were on that same post-fire cruise. Hopefully the ship stays in perfect shape for the cruise in March.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Momtoemma
01-27-2004, 10:24 AM
any one get their docs yet, or still too early I guess. Any one book through DU. Post as soon as you get your docs!!!

Debbie:sunny: :earseek:

trgthatsme
01-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Momnut,

Your daughter works on the Magic in entertainment? My DS 16 and DD 14 are both "theater arts" kids (DS is a show choir enthusiast and hip hop/tap dancer, DD is an accomplished dancer). :hyper:

Would you be comfortable setting up an introduction? I know my kids would love to meet someone who is an entertainer on a cruise ship.

Thank you in advance...

MerryPoppins
01-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Oh wow! My daughter is a dancer, too. But she's into ballet. Both our kids are musicians and they love to act. They'd LOVE to meet one of the entertainers. Let me know if that may be an option.

No documents here. I need to check to make sure I can find all our birth certificates, so I won't have to look at the last minute.

trgthatsme
01-27-2004, 11:44 AM
MerryPoppins,
Both my kids play instruments as well (piano and percussion in school band). DS loves to act and sing, DD is starting to branch into those areas as well. Our kids should definately meet!

MerryPoppins
01-27-2004, 12:21 PM
The ages are pretty close, as well. We will have to get them together. My DS is 16 and DD will turn 13 right after the cruise (although I think we may celebrate before we leave the ship, since I hear they sing to you at dinner).

BeeSkip
01-27-2004, 10:29 PM
Hello again,

It is interesting hearing about all our fellow cruisers! My DD 17 is also a performer! However, DCL cannot facilitate her art/sport. She is a figure skater and has skated since she was 3. Many of the skaters she knows skate periodically on RCCL on the ship which has an ice rink. She has always taken dance to assist her skating skills. My DS is all about sports. He be up at the BB court shooting hoops most of the time.

How is everyone making out with this recent terrible storm!!! We are in the middle of a 3 day snow/ice storm. Everything is shut down and we are suffering from cabin fever! Visions of palm trees are dancing in our heads!!!

It's getting closer!!

See you onboard!!! Bee

decolady
01-28-2004, 08:30 AM
As I was driving around in the snow yesterday, all I could think of was being on the Magic!!! I can't wait!!

momnut
01-28-2004, 08:08 PM
trgthatsme,

If you would like to email me, I will check with my daughter to see if she would be able to do that. :cool1:

trgthatsme
01-29-2004, 11:22 AM
valeriekc, welcome aboard!

I can confirm that dolphin discovery is booked. :(
Oh well, I know we will still have a wonderful time!

DH and DS are planning on golfing on Grand Cayman and possibly Cozumel as well. It's very interesting....When I went to the regular message board and searched for any information about the two golf excursions there was only one post a year ago and no one replied to it! I posted a question about a week ago and no one has replied to that either! Is it the cost? the time involved? what? Not that it matters. My DH is passionate about golfing and both courses are well known. He'd go no matter what. But, I am curious as to what others think of this.

It's snowing as I write this. I love winter and snow, but am looking forward to the warmth of the caribbean.

BeeSkip
01-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Hello cruisers,

Has anyone gotten their documents yet? I haven't heard from our travel agent as of today.

44 days, Bee

ThomS
01-29-2004, 07:56 PM
No docs yet, but then again I didn't expect to see anything until at least next week at the earliest from all of the other docs sightings on this board. Also anyone who is suppose to get a concierge letter may see that as early as 45 days from the cruise according to DCL.

BeeSkip
01-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Another question fellow cruisers.

What calling cards can be used from a payphone in Cozumel and Cayman Islands to make a call home to the states?

We were in Canada last summer and the BJ's calling card did not work for us there (In Nova Scotia).

I would like to check in at home but need the right phone card.

Thanks, Bee

ThomS
01-31-2004, 01:29 AM
Bee,
I just was poking around and saw that some folks on the cruise before ours have gotten their docs earlier this week, so we may see happy little boxes arriving next week sometime. That's when it seems like time really starts to fly.

Thom

Momtoemma
02-02-2004, 06:07 PM
They are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our docs arrived today (sent out Jan 30). Can you believe it. My dsil got hers last week and did not even think to tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else yet? Anyone staying at the radisson the night before?
We are really going (second cruise, and we were on the fire cruise!)

Debbie

BeeSkip
02-05-2004, 08:51 AM
I haven't heard yet from our TA regarding our documents, I assume they will be here soon. This cold weather in Maryland is horrible. We are counting the days until the cruise.

Here are a few questions for all fellow cruisers:

What dinner seating are you all on? We are on the second.

Does anyone have a dining rotation preferences? We always seem to get the Parrot Cay first in the rotation. We are hoping for a change this time.

Talk to you soon, Bee

ThomS
02-05-2004, 09:01 AM
Bee,
We are on first seating, but we also have a 18 month old, so that is the preference for us. I prefer the first night to be in Animators. That puts us in the right rotation (Formal night in Lumiere's, etc) for the theme nights.

As for cruise docs, nothing here either. I was thinking it might take longer on the west coast, or Momtoemma got hers early since she is out of the US. Our TA isn't admitting to seeing them yet, and they are usually very responsive.

-t

onceuponadream
02-05-2004, 09:17 AM
Hi all!

We are also on first seating for dinner. When DH and I cruise alone we do late seating so we're hoping the early seating won't be a mistake. I'm mostly concerned about the kids having to choose between fun activities in the kids club vs the evening "show". For those of you who've cruised Disney before which shows should not be missed?

Also on dining rotation is there one I should be "rooting" for??

No cruise docs here either. We are looking every day :)

trgthatsme
02-05-2004, 10:27 AM
We are in the second seating. A lot of people seem to write that if you have first seating, you have to rush back from the island to quickly change for dinner. It seemed to make sense with a 14 and 16 year old who will want as much time on the beaches as possible. :smooth:

No documents yet.

MerryPoppins
02-05-2004, 10:29 AM
All the shows are good. I would say that Disney Dreams and Hercules are my favorites. Disney Dreams was also offered in an afternoon showing for the clubs to attend.

The rotation doesn't matter much to me. I'll be happy with whatever I get. I think we started in Lumiere's the first night last time.

decolady
02-05-2004, 10:49 AM
We have first seating. I really don't care about the rotation, all the restaurants are fantastic!!

More snow coming tonight I CAN'T WAIT TO BE LOUNGING ON A DECK CHAIR ENJOYING THE WARM SUN!!!!

valeriekc
02-05-2004, 04:06 PM
We are currently on the 2nd seating...however we have requested 1st. seating.
Traveling with a 11 and 6 yr. old we figured 1st seating would be best.
After reading around however we aren't quite sure now though.

All I know is today is very cold with 8" of snow and still falling, so the thought of any seating on that ship in the carribean is preferable!!
Hoping for some documents any day now..... I hope our postman doesn't mind trudging through lots of snow with our cruise packet?
:wave: :wave:

MerryPoppins
02-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Our documents came today. I haven't had time to look them over yet, but I'm sure glad they are finally here.

BeeSkip
02-06-2004, 07:52 AM
Our kids are off school again today...This time for a ice storm....They have used all their snowdays and now have to give back a spring break day. They have a Monday ( oiginally off after the cruise) they will now have to go to school.

Looking forward to sun and fun Disney style!

Bee

decolady
02-06-2004, 08:50 AM
We're having the same ice storm up here in PA, Bee. DS is home also, that is their last snow day before we start losing days at Easter.

I need warm sunshine!!!

ThomS
02-11-2004, 10:45 PM
I just got a notification that our TA just shipped our cruise docs via Fed-Ex. I will be doing the docs dance soon.
Things have been quiet here the last couple of days. Hopefully everyone is thawing out from the big cold and snow.
-t

natdencro
02-13-2004, 02:49 PM
Yippee! Will be doing another back-to-back cruise 6th & 13th March, 2004: so will look forward to meeting you all I hope. Cant wait to get a tan! (Fed up with cold English winter!) No children with us (except daughter is on board as a Server), but love to watch all the kids having such a wonderful time with Mickey & Co.! Fingers crossed for calm seas eh? Get packing! Nat and Dave (UK):Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

valeriekc
02-13-2004, 07:35 PM
got our documents!!
Looks like were getting close....
Can't wait to check out the ship, 1st time on a Disney cruise.
I'm really worried there won't be enough to eat???
Thinking about bringing groceries from Publix.
Hmmmmm

decolady
02-13-2004, 08:49 PM
NO FAIR, Nat and Dave, you guys will already have tans when we white-skinned yankees get on the ship!!!!:sunny:

ThomS
02-13-2004, 09:44 PM
Got our docs today as well and doing the docs dance. I am still hoping to see the letter from the concierge, has anyone else recieved this on this booking?

-Thom

Captain Jim
02-14-2004, 01:05 AM
We just booked today! Gotta love that Florida resident special. Myself and my 12year old son. He's a giant skateboard nut, basketball, soccer, animals (especially penguins) This is a Spring Break, birthday, report card cruise. It's also our first cruise ever.

Can somebody tell me if parking is easy and safe or if we should grab a room at the Raddison and just take the shuttle over?

decolady
02-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Hi Captain,

Glad to see another 12 yr old boy, I've got one too! Don't know about the parking at the dock, I think you have to pay for it while parking at the Radisson is free. Wow, you just booked, I booked over a year ago in Feb. 2003!

No docs here yet, still waiting, I think it depends on which TA you used, we used All Seasons.

Deb

mike2beach
02-14-2004, 08:35 AM
We parked at the pier 2 years ago. I think it's still about $10 a day. I don't think I've ever read anything here about it not being safe. It nice to grab your luggage, load it and off you go.

MerryPoppins
02-14-2004, 09:57 AM
valeriekc, I'm originally from Overland Park! I've been an Oklahoma transplant since I was 6, but we still have family there.

How old are your kids? I have a DS 16 and a DD almost 13. My son eats non-stop and was 13 when we cruised last time. I have no idea how he stays so slim, except he is a swimmer. He was very happy with all the things he found available to eat. Between ice cream, pizza and burgers by the pool, room service that is free (you just pay tips), sit-down meals and topsiders buffet he was in heaven! And by the way, you can play with the menu a little. If you want a main course with a different side or two main courses, they will be glad to oblige. The only thing you won't see much of is munchies, but I think you'll find plenty to eat!

valeriekc
02-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Hello Merry!!
LOL Thanks for the advice...I was really just kidding around about the food. It seems that there is enough food on these cruises to stay at sea for 6 months!!
I actually live IN Overland Park and have lived in the KC area my entire life.
We have (2) daughters 11 and 6.
However one thing we do hope they have is the (self serve) soft ice cream in multiple flavors.

MerryPoppins
02-14-2004, 11:21 AM
I thought you were serious! LOL! My son was worried the first time, but was thrilled with his choices.

I believe that Scoops had vanilla and chocolate soft serve with lots of candy toppings you could choose from. I don't remember if they had a twist.

It's a small world! I used to live just off of 95th and Antioch (I think that's how you spell it).

valeriekc
02-14-2004, 11:26 AM
wow my brother lived at 95th and Metcalf!
He moved to Denver however but will be joining us on the cruise.
So will your daughter be 13 when you cruise?
How did your kids like the clubs??
Our last cruise was on RCCL and both of the kids loved hanging out with friends they made at the clubs.
It left lots of great time for me and DH to see shows etc...
Can't wait to see the ship!!

MerryPoppins
02-14-2004, 12:12 PM
Our daughter won't be 13 until April 1st, but she is old enough to bump up to the teen club if she chooses to. I think she's leaning that direction. We may celebrate her birthday early on the ship since I think we'll be buying her some gifts. ;)

Our son didn't do much with the teen club last time because he made some friends and they kept themselves occupied on their own. We gave DD check-out privileges, and she divided her time between the club and other activities. We had family service radios and told the kids to call whenever they changed locations. I bet your DDs will like the clubs. They have lots of fun things to do.

Captain Jim
02-16-2004, 10:14 PM
bump looking for more friends

tracejmc
02-17-2004, 10:58 PM
We are on the March 13, 2004 Western. This is our first time on the Magic -- went on the 3 day (land/sea) in November of '02. Don't know what all of the codes are but I am young 30's mom traveling w/ my 3 sons 12, 12 and 10. Also traveling with us are my friend -- also Mom in her young 30's with her two boys 9 and 7!!! We are doing Stingray City Snorkel Tour on GC and Tumul Ruins (boys are big into history and this sort of stuff) at Cozumel. At Key West we just want to be casual and sight see at our own pace. We are all arriving the night before and staying at the Hyatt at the Orlando airport and using Disney to get to the port.

We can't wait for the fun to begin!

Tracy

tracejmc
02-18-2004, 12:04 AM
AKB from Edmond also! Too bad we are cruising a year apart! Still a small world. We are in NW Edmond. We booked over a year in advance for ours too but time has really flown by! Oh, just to get up to date w/ everyone else we have the 2nd dinner seating and we booked through All Seasons Travel sometime in early 2003. We still haven't gotten our docs and neither has my friend!

mrsnesbit
02-18-2004, 12:10 AM
Hi We just booked this cruise yesterday! Can you believe it?? We were planning to go in October but this was even better since my son doesn't have to miss any school. He will be on Spring Break. The price could not be better! It will be me, my DH, DD 3 and DS 7 (almost 8) we hope he can spring up to the next level since he has been in the 5-7 for the last 2 cruises. Also we are bring my husband's parents and my mom and Aunt. Looking forward to a great time. We've done eastern so now we had to try western. See you there:sunny:

BeeSkip
02-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Hello....I'm glad to see more March 13th cruisers coming forward!!!!
My kids are counting down...24 days!!!

Welcome everyone!!!! We are going on the Stingray city excursion in Caymans.....Also, snorkeling in Cozumel. Just hanging out tropical style in Key West!

Let's keep this thread current and active!!

Bee, traveling with DH, DD 17, DS 11, Dsister/aunt, Dnephew/cousin 14

onceuponadream
02-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Hi again everyone! Welcome to our new friends! Wow at first it didn't seem like too many of us now lots!!

Still no cruise docs...getting anxious now and I really would like to have them:) I see a lot of folks on second sitting for dinner...Can anyone help me decide as we are on first and now I'm having second thoughts about that...pros/cons on a Disney Cruise anybody? We've been on 4 cruises without kids but Disney seems different as if you're not eating you're watching the show etc. As I made all of the travel pans I don't want to make a bad choice for all of us...help!

onceuponadream traveling with DH, DS12, DD9, DS7, DS4, DMIL, DFIL, DMom and DStepdad

decolady
02-19-2004, 08:33 AM
Hi Tracy and mrsnesbit (LOVE THAT NAME!)!

Tracy, are your 12 yr old boys twins? My DS will be 12 also by then, we are celebrating his birthday on the cruise. Looks like there will be TONS of kids in his age group!!

We have first sitting for dinner, I do not want to wait till 8 or 8:30 to eat.

Pretty soon we will have to make plans for our DIS Meet onboard...

Deb

MerryPoppins
02-19-2004, 09:18 AM
tracejmc, we are from Norman! It's a small world. I'll have to make sure you know when we are having our next Oklahoma DIS meet. We just got together in Bricktown earlier this month.

We signed up for the stingray excursion in GC (through Disney) that is early in the morning. I'm still very nervous about this one. :D I may be the person watching from the boat!

tracejmc
02-19-2004, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!!! Yes, decolady my 12 year olds are twins they just turned 12 February 10 and we were planning on doing a cake for them one night also! We are going on the 7:30am Stingray excursion (booked through Disney). It's the one where the water is supposed to be 3 to 6 feet as I had heard that the deep water one is very overwhelming to some. We are doing the late dinner seating just because we are kind of night owls anyway. We will show up 10 minutes early and be the first ones in and the first ones out hopefully so it shouldn't be too late!? My three boys are very active and very much wanting to meet friends on the cruise! It's their Spring Break so we were thinking lots of older (middle and high school age) kids will be on it because of that??? They like skateboarding, swimming, playing in the sand and one of the twins and my 10 year old are classic soccer players and the other twin is big into drama and singing. Thanks again for the replies everyone! Hope we get our documents soon! it seems SO close once they arrive!

Trace

decolady
02-19-2004, 10:26 AM
My son is hoping to have a bunch of boys to play basketball with up on the 10th deck!

The only excursion we are doing is the dolphin encounter in Cozumel. Hoping to get some snorkeling in while in Cozumel too.

Only 3 weeks from tomorrow we leave! We are arriving in Florida on Friday night and staying at a hotel by the airport. We are coming into the North Orlando (Sanford) Airport, renting a car and driving to Cape Canaveral in the morning.

Deb

BeeSkip
02-19-2004, 04:51 PM
Hey there Trace and Merrypoppins, We are also doing the 7:30 GC sting ray excursion booked through Disney. My 11 year old son will also being shooting hoops and he will most likely have on his Terps t-shirt!!!

We are on 2nd seating and looking forward to meeting all of you!

Bee

tracejmc
02-19-2004, 10:12 PM
My boys are game for BBall on the 10th deck!::yes::

Captain Jim
02-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Sign my son up for that game too! He turned 12 February 4th so we're doing a birthday party too. 2nd seating for dinner. He's big into skateboarding and bumming that he can't bring it with him. He's also a big soccer player. Video games too but that's kind of a given at this age.

decolady
02-20-2004, 12:43 PM
DOCS ARRIVED TODAY!!! DOING THE HAPPY, 3 WEEKS AWAY FROM A CRUISE DANCE!!!!:bounce:

All Seasons Travel was nice enough to send three water wallets, one for each of us. Too bad I already bought some from DIS!!

I am psyched!!!

MerryPoppins
02-20-2004, 01:03 PM
Decolady, how long did it take to get your order from the DIS? I was looking yesterday and only found 2 of our water wallets from 2001. I was thinking of ordering DIS ones. Did they arrive quickly?

decolady
02-22-2004, 07:50 AM
Merry, I seem to remember that they came pretty quickly. I'm sure you would get them if you order today or tomorrow. Can you call in your order and ask a live person?

MerryPoppins
02-22-2004, 06:08 PM
I'll have to go check. I'd sort of like to have a lime green DIS one, but just hadn't planned to get any since we had DCL ones from 2001. Thanks for letting me know that yours came quickly.

My DH says either that or we can get a couple from the surf shop on Friday night. I bet they'd have some, too.

mickeymo
02-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Found it!!! We're with you on the 3/13 dw (37 - me) dh (37) - dd (6) and ds (9) - add to that the in-laws, too.

Even though it will be dh and my 3rd cruise it will be a host of 1sts for us all. 1st Disney for us - 1st overall for the kids and in-laws.

Sounds like we'll see some of you on the excursions - we're also doing sting ray - dh booked it so don't know the time - knowing him I bet it's the early time - and the catamaran sail and snorkel in cozumel.

If not there, we'll be at the late seating...

onceuponadream - glad to see a fellow Houstonian will be on the Magic- although, from the sound of it at my kids' school - no one will be left in Houston - they'll all be in Orlando!

Now, if I can just stay off these boards and get some work done around the house...

onceuponadream
02-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Hi Mickeymo!

I agree..everyone will be in Orlando. Welcome :) Got our cruise docs today!!!!!

trgthatsme
02-26-2004, 10:28 AM
What's the story on the water wallets? Are they important to have? Can they be purchased on the ship?

The birds are singing and the snow is melting here in Iowa.

You know it's a small world when..............
You find out that a fellow Girl Scout leader (and her family) who lives 4 blocks from you will be on the same cruise! ;)

MerryPoppins
02-26-2004, 10:46 AM
The key to your room is also the card that you use to pay for anything you buy on the ship, so you have to carry it everywhere you go.

The water wallets are little plastic things on a string that can go around your neck. It seals tight enough that you can wear it in the water. They do sell DCL water wallets on the ship.

trgthatsme
02-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the reply, MerryPoppins!

mickeymo
02-26-2004, 05:21 PM
sigh, it's a good thing that there isn't a timer on how long I'm logged into the boards -

it's a big whine - but, I had to turn the heat back on in the house last night - it's tough to wait!!! Had to satisfy myself with a trip through the Disney store - all the swim stuff is out so it just made waiting that much harder...

BeeSkip
02-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Hello fellow cruisers!!

ONLY TWO WEEKS!!!!!!

We are all very excited here and can not wait!!!

Has anyone started packing yet????

2 weeks and counting, Bee

mickeymo
02-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Haven't started packing yet, but, driving my dh crazy with the packing lists and the strategies of who's going to what line for which reservations once we board. Every time he opens his e-mail at work, he's got a new tidbit I've learned on the DIS boards. He's shaking his head at how much of a maniac I've become. I was never like this for our previous 2 non-disney non-kids cruises. He can already tell this won't include include all " 3 B's" of my favorite vacations - Books, Beaches, and Boring....I'm not even packing books, other than what I plan to read on the plane - It's been 5 years since we've seen Mickey and the gang, so he's forgotten how obsessed I can be..

MerryPoppins
02-28-2004, 01:28 PM
DH got us the romantic escape at sea package (or whatever it's called). We are celebrating our 20th anniversary a little early since we know we won't be able to get away for a vacation in July. It allowed us to book our Palos reservations in advance along with our couple's massage. We are so thrilled that when we get on the ship we won't have to join the rush for the lines this time.

I haven't packed anything, but I have detailed lists. I also have a large bag of things I've picked up while shopping that are going in our suitcases. It seemed silly to put things like new sunglasses or wrinkle reducer away when I'll just have to get them back out again in a few days.

BeeSkip
02-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Merry P.

Wrinkle reducer is a great idea, I'll have to get some too. What time can you go to make Palo res and where do you go?

Thanks, Bee

momnut
02-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Hi everyone! I just noticed the countdown to our cruise...:bounce: I am all packed but then I have to keep unpacking because I realize I packed something I wanted to wear before we leave. We had a bit of spring here in Wisconsin 55 degrees. My daughter is a CM on the ship and she told me last week the weather was soooo beautiful. I can hardly wait. We will be staying at the airport Hyatt the night before so maybe we'll see some of you there. We're traveling with my SIL and BIL and my 2yr. old red headed niece. She is so excited to see the princesses. My sister in law had her watch According to Jim last week and she just kept jumping up and down she was so excited to see Mickey!! ::MickeyMo

MerryPoppins
02-28-2004, 09:14 PM
BeeSkip, 12:45 at Palo's is when/where you make reservations. Check your navigator. It is subject to change.

decolady
02-29-2004, 08:47 AM
We are going to start laying out clothes to pack today! I have also been picking up little things while shopping to take, mostly thanks to the suggestions on this board. After booking over a year ago, I can't believe it is almost here!!!:bounce:

momnut
02-29-2004, 10:57 AM
Here is the link to see the Magic coming into port in Key west!!

http://webcam.keywest.com/msindex.htm

mickeymo
02-29-2004, 01:26 PM
my dd(6) just handed me her list of important items she wanted to pack - 4 stuffed animals;6 books;Kit, her American Girl Doll; a barbie; swim suit; binoculars; her swim suit and her tinkerbell pjs. She's my daughter - she learns to pack from me - what more important things to take on a vacation? swimsuit, pjs, and books! She just wheeled her rolling backpack into her room to see if she could fit everything in after I suggested she leave 3 stuffed animals and the Barbie at home.

tracejmc
02-29-2004, 05:10 PM
We are getting very excited around here too! Our documents came the same day as decolady's from all seas also! I have a lot of things laid out and will start packing soon! We are going to be out of town at a soccer :upsidedow tournament next weekend so our time is really getting sparse! We love our soccer around here though so I don't mind the craziness it is going to create with trying to get ready for the cruise! Happy packing everyone! (My friend and I think we are more excited than the kids!) We talk about it constantly!

Margaret64
03-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Hi onceuponadream and mickeymo and everyone else: Late posting to the board as we are doing this trip back to back after moving from one house to another (within Houston) and then in the process of being transferred to Qatar (near Saudi Arabia).

We have me (39), dh(40), dd(7) and dd(4 1/2)

I have not booked or decided on excursions. That is my first order of business today. It is so not like me, but with these moves, etc I've let this slip until it needs immediate attention.

Does anyone know if you can book the Dolphin Excursion in Cozumel locally? Since the DCL excursion is booked.....

Also does anyone know if the age cut offs for excursions are strictly adheared to?

Thanks, Margaret64

decolady
03-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Hi Margaret64 and welcome to our little group!

I know that you can book the dolphin encounters directly, go to www.dolphindiscovery.com. Then click on the Cozumel location. I think the diference is that you will have to upgrade to the Dolphin Adventure, which is in deeper water and actually swimming with the dolphins, while the Disney excursion is on a platform in waist-high water.

Good luck and see you in less than 2 weeks!! :bounce:

Deb

mickeymo
03-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi all,

O.K. I've officially started gathering our stuff. It must be a "Mickey Thing" as my dh insists, because I'm a notorous last minute - late night packer. Just returned from Target. Couldn't resist a few new summer outfits for my dd6 and a new swimsuit for my ds9. Can check film, underwater disposable cameras, and the suction cup hooks of the list. Can't believe I forgot to buy sunscreen! That's what happens when I forgot to bring the list!!!

With Soccer and Softball starting last week, and Basketball ending this weekend it's been crazy. DH is sound tech for a community theater production that opens and runs Thurs-Sun - it's just as well I'm trying to get organzed early.

Are we going to try and meet officially on the cruise?

MerryPoppins
03-01-2004, 06:19 PM
I'm up for an official meet. Last time we planned our meet for before the sail away party up on deck. I read where another group planned a lunch at sea meet. That'd be fun. What does everyone want to do? It might not be a bad idea to have a backup plan in case of rain or something.

decolady
03-01-2004, 10:04 PM
I say the earlier we meet the better! That way we can enjoy our new friends all week! Where is the Sail Away party, on deck 9 by the pool? Why not pick a spot on that deck and try to meet at the start of the party?

I will be sporting my new lime green DIS water wallet around my neck!

Deb

Margaret64
03-03-2004, 09:46 AM
I did go ahead and book the Dolphin Encounter direct through the company. Only problem is that I haven't been able to speak with anyone to confirm that it actually went through and this was a few days ago. That makes me nervous....

I'm up for a meet....especially for the kids to get to know one another.

MerryPoppins
03-03-2004, 10:50 AM
The Sailaway Party is on Deck 9, unless it's raining. Then I've heard they move it inside. It begins around 4:30. The boat drill is at 4:00. We could choose a spot on 9 aft right after the boat drill. We'd want to be away from the crowd at first. It can be loud and crowded around the pool when they start dancing, which makes it hard to talk. We can always move closer once we've found each other.

Should we have a back-up plan in case of rain?

We'll be wearing green ribbons, if I can find our DIS ribbons. I think I left them in our suitcases.

decolady
03-03-2004, 11:37 AM
Good idea, Merry! How about meeting at the tables near Scoops Ice Cream around 4:30? I'm not sure where to meet if it is held inside, I think the party is moved to the atrium.

Merry, what are DIS ribbons and where do you get them??

Only 9 days to go!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

MerryPoppins
03-03-2004, 12:37 PM
Just DIS green (lime) ribbons. I got mine at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. Lime isn't always easy to find, so I hope I can find our ribbon. You can either tie it to your water wallet or camera bag or pin it on your shirt. That way if a DISer sees you, they know to ask if you are on the boards. A DIS button or water wallet does the same thing. I just don't have one.

mickeymo
03-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Scoops, 4:30 sounds great! my f.i.l will probably head there after he closes down the lunch buffet - I'll see if I can find lime green ribbon, too! Got to love the countdown numbers!!! It's seems like the days are dragging slower, and slower!!!

Margaret64
03-03-2004, 06:38 PM
We'll be there!!! I'm finally resuming my planning for this trip. Thanks guys!

decolady
03-03-2004, 09:23 PM
I wonder if we could get it posted on the TV or better yet the Navigator, DIS meet 4:30 outside scoops. Do you think this is possible? Only DISers would know what it is!

BeeSkip
03-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Hi. I was just reading your recent posts regarding meeting at 4:30. Here's a hint I read on this board many months ago. Go to Home Depot. They have a line of Disney paints for the home which have corresponding sample cards. The sample cards are actually Mickey Heads stickers which you can take free as samples. Get a few lime green Mickey heads and sport them for the DIS meeting!!!! I have mine!!!! Also, shhhhh about possible rain. We can not think rain only sunshine!!!! I'd love to have my group join the DIS meet. I really don't think they will make an announcement. Don't forget to look to the dock side of the boat as it pulls away during the sail away party. The Disney cruise line staff left behind at the terminal wear Mickey Hand gloves to wave good bye!!! See you soon as I am getting ready to PARTY!!!

Bee

decolady
03-04-2004, 08:44 AM
Great idea, Bee, I am going to try to get to Home Depot this weekend.

Hope there are a few more crew members waving to us when we sail, last time I sailed there was one lonely guy waving!

I am bringing bubbles for sail away also!

MerryPoppins
03-04-2004, 10:19 AM
I'd forgotten about the Mickey paint chips. That's even better than a ribbon. I'll have to make a stop at my Home Depot. And I'm planning to bring bubbles, too.

mickeymo
03-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Office Depot/Max has Lime Green file folder dots - not as fun as the mouse ear paint chips, though. On the positive side there's lots in a package. Picked them up today, when I bought the computer printer iron on transfers and the magnet sheet. Bubbles are in the pile of stuff ready to be packed - thanks for the dockside tip for sail away - one more thing to add to my list of tips.

decolady
03-04-2004, 01:10 PM
Call me crazy, but I really wanted to see a list of all of us DISers going on this cruise. Here is the list I compiled from this thread. Did I miss anyone?

onceuponadream Houston, TX DH & parents, DW & parents, DS12, DD9, DS7, DS4

momtoemma Toronto, Canada Debbie & mother, DD10, DB, DSIL, Dnephew12, Dniece10

scduckman Fort Mill, SC DH, DW, DD9

decolady Bethlehem, PA DH, DW, DS12

BeeSkip Cockeysville, MD DH, DW, DD16, DS11, DS, Dnephew13

mike2beach Jacksonville, FL DH, DW, DS7, DS5

MerryPoppins Oklahoma DH, DW, DS16, DD13

ThomS Dupont, WA DH(Thom), DW, DD5, DD1, DFIL

LikesMagic Austin, TX Single Dad Fred, DD15, DD9

trgthatsme Iowa City, IA DH, DW, DS16, DD14

Momnut Menomonee Falls, WI DH, DW, DBIL, DSIL, Dniece2

Valeriekc Kansas City area DH, DW, DD11, DD6, DB

Natdencro England DH, DW, DD is server on the ship

Captain Jim Jim & DS12

tracejmc Edmond, OK Tracy, DS12, DS12, DS10, Friend w/DS9, DS7

mrsnesbit (LOVE that name!) DH, DW, DS7, DD3

mickeymo Houston, TX DH, DW & parents, DS9, DD6

Margaret64 Houston, TX DH, DW, DD7, DD4

This adds up to an unbelievable total of 84 PEOPLE!!!!
Isn't that great?

BeeSkip
03-04-2004, 11:23 PM
Decolady, Wow... What a great list!! It's fun to see the list of fellow cruisers together on one list. Thanks for taking the time and posting it!!!

Only 9 days and I feel like I have so much to do!!!

Bee

tayzma97
03-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Hey everyone! I just found this site - better late than never, I guess. When I saw our date and checked all the posts, I had to add our name to decolady's list of March 13 cruisers.

We are DW, DH, DD(15) and DS(12)

I had some problems getting documents for my daughter and up til today I wasn't sure we would even make the trip. But everthing got here and we're ready to go. I'm so stressed out over it all that I'm definitely ready for this trip. Flying out of Buffalo on the 11th to spend a couple days at Universal and Downtown Disney, and then we're ready to set sail.

Hope everyone has a great trip!

decolady
03-05-2004, 06:52 AM
Welcome, tayzma97, now we are up to 88 people!!

ThomS
03-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Seeing the list, and seeing our departure date coming up so quickly, this is getting pretty exciting. We are leaving Seattle Tuesday so we can go to WDW and Universal before the cruise, allow my DD5 to trade some pins, and get adjusted to the times a little before adjusting the hard way. The 10 day forecase is showing moderately good weather- partly cloudy and warm for the first few days of the cruise. If I don't post before we board, everyone travel safely, and we will see you on board.

decolady
03-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Have fun, Thom, and travel safely yourself!

Okay, I need some help with this. I got the Mickey head stickers from HD but they aren't sticky! Are you sure they are supposed to be stickers? They peel off the backing but are just paper.

Margaret64
03-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Thank you decolady for putting this list together. I'm so excited to see more girls for my daughters to play with!!!! BTW, I didn't get the Dophin Encounter I was trying for - remember - attempting to get it direct with the company since the DCL excursion was sold out at something like 55 days prior... I am waitlisted, but not holding my breath. It's okay, we'll still have a good time.

Okay, who knows the pillowcase autograph routine? I remember reading this last year, but cannot find it now.

Thanks guys! (Going to get my lime-green Mickey heads this afternoon at Home Depot!)

MerryPoppins
03-05-2004, 06:04 PM
You can just slide the whole Mickey card into a lanyard pocket or hook it to the clip. At least that is what I've heard other people have done. Maybe someone else knows of a more creative way of using the Mickey.

Margaret, last time we did shirts instead of pillowcases. Either works, although I've heard that sometimes they claim it has to be Disney merchandise. Bring along a baggie and a sharpie pen. Put your room number on the tag and the baggie as insurance that it won't get misplaced (use a label if the baggie doesn't have a place to write). Fold up the pillowcase and put in the bag with the sharpie. Give to guest services early in the cruise and it will be returned to your cabin or you can stop by and pick it up.

decolady
03-05-2004, 06:53 PM
So Merry, they are not stickers?

MerryPoppins
03-05-2004, 07:15 PM
I haven't ever used them, so I don't know. Seems like I heard someone say they just dropped the whole thing in a lanyard pocket after they wrote their DIS user name on it. Some craft stores have those little buttons that snap together. You could peel it off and glue it into a button.

decolady
03-05-2004, 08:04 PM
I wanted to stick them on our door :( Maybe I'll have to bring some scotch tape.

BeeSkip
03-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Hello again, I just pulled out my Mickey head paint chips from Home Depot and mine aren't sticky either. I read this on the board several months ago and took the info at face value. When I got the paint chips I never "checked" them for stickiness. I assumed they were. Sorry if this disappointed anyone. We'll just have to be creative in how were sport our Mickey heads!!

Sorry about the misinformation, Bee

Margaret64
03-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Okay. I am very late packing and getting last minute items. I was hoping that (if you are brave enough!) we could post our packing lists to compare and see what we could be missing. Leave out the clothes...

Passporter and highlighter
plane tickets
passports or birth certificates
drivers licenses
water wallets
backpack, fanny pack, large beach tote, sm purse for dinner
underwater camera, camera, video recorder, extra batteries, film
4 sets snorkle gear - we have our own already, anti-fog cream, beach toys, beach towels, water wings / life vest for our 4 year old- for non DCL adventuring
wrinkle release spray
suction hooks
over door shoe holder
water socks
bubbles
personal water sprayer
zip lock bags
laundry tablets and dryer sheets
sunscreen
bug repellent wipes
children's sleep items
extra collapsible suitcase for souvenirs

Have I missed anything????? Help!!!

mickeymo
03-07-2004, 12:06 PM
looks similar to ours - and am adding a few things I forgot after seeing yours

We packed yesterday Which I don't consider late - I'm a notorious last minute-late night-just before leaving packer -

I'm actually praying for a "cold" week so that I don't have to unpack clothes.

we packed two shoe holders- one for stuff the other for shoes.

we also have:

magnets for cabin door i.d.
pillowcases w/sharpies for autographs
trip journals for kids
pre-printed address labels for postcards
extra pens - don't have to hunt for one when filling out all the forms pre and post cruise.
Advil
Pepto Bismal
Kid's cold medicine and kids tylenol
Cold medication
prescriptions in original containers.
band-aids
night light
miniflashlights (good for the bunk or late night reading)

I didn't bring an evening purse - I figured let my dh play pack mule for once. He'll have suit pockets...

You remembered air plane tix-Don't forget cruise documents ;)

A word of advice on film from my semi-pro photographer husband(he claims it's a self funding hobby) as he unpacked all the film from the suitcase - Carry on the airplane all film and cameras - with the higher powered luggage x-rays - it's more likely to damage film. One more thing I have to figure out where it will fit in my carry-on. Suppose, I'll have to leave a few more books behind (sigh...)

decolady
03-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Just started filling the suitcases - my suitcases must have shrunk in the closet!!! They don't hold half of what I thought they would!! I have to finish the laundry for the rest of it.

Filled out all the cruise docs already. Hope there won't be too many more.

Only 5 more days till we leave!!!:bounce:

Margaret64
03-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Aha - I'm glad you made me remember another medication -

Immodium AD

one never knows.....

MerryPoppins
03-07-2004, 04:01 PM
I haven't packed anything yet, but I do have on-going lists. It's on the agenda to check some things off today and begin putting them together. If I find anything else to add to your lists, I'll do it later today.

trgthatsme
03-07-2004, 10:01 PM
Am I correct? We will try and get together at 4: 30 by Scoops Ice Cream.
Also, just what exactly does "DIS" stand for? If I get something lime green, am I supposed to put my message board name on it or just have something lime green? Am I signifying that I have participated on this message board or is the lime green just the color of cruising with Disney? Sorry, I'm very new at this.
I haven't started packing yet, but have completed all shopping excursions for the kids. Time to concentrate on myself and see what still fits ;)
Looking forward to meeting everyone soon!

MerryPoppins
03-07-2004, 10:37 PM
You don't have to put your user name on it if you don't want to. Your user name just identifies you to those of us who "know" you from this board. If you'd rather, you can just tell us yourself. :teeth:

Lime green just signifies that we are members of this board. It's simply to make it easier to find other DISers. I don't know who chose green or why. It is bright and easy to spot.

In fact you don't have to have anything lime green or a Mickey paint chip at all. It's just fun to be able to spot each other.

DIS stands for Disney. These boards were intended to discuss all things Disney. It evolved into more than that, but that is where it began.

BeeSkip
03-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Hello,
Just thought I'd check in with everyone. We basically packed everything today....in a Laundry basket....I'll fill the suitcases later in the week. Everything is ready to go!!!

JUST A FEW MORE ITEMS TO ADD TO THE PACK LIST:
A collapsible mesh laundry basket if you are planning on doing laundry. It makes it easy to transport clothes to and from the laundry room.

A folder: to organize and put Navagators and other papers given out during the week. This way everything stays neat and not ripped or folded, esp. if you want to save for a memory book!

Needle and thread or small sewing kit!

30 or 45SPF sunscreen The sun is very strong and even if you think you won't burn, you will!!! Also a t-shirt is a good idea if you are going to be snorkeling. First hand advice: We did not wear Tshirts and did wear 30 sunscreen. Being in the water, we did not realize how our backs were so exposed to the sun. We all paid dearly with a painful sun burn. The next time we all wore t-shirts (maybe looked a little silly in the water) but felt 100% better not getting burned. And by the way, REAPPLY sunscreen frequently.

If I think of anything else, I'll post, See y'all soon, Bee

trgthatsme
03-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Thank you MerryPoppins,
I kind of figured that DIS might stand for Disney, but I wasn't sure if it meant Disney or something else more specific to this messaging site. Thanks for the clarification.
Here's another question....
Do we all wear our lime green all the time or just on the first day or just on at sea days? I don't wanna mess this up! ;)

MerryPoppins
03-08-2004, 09:17 AM
That's up to you. I think last time we wore ours mainly on the first day. It mainly depends on if you want DIS folks you haven't met to recognize that you are from the boards.

Personally, I'm contemplating putting a green bow on my water wallet this time, since I wear it almost all the time. I like being approached by DISers and making new friends.

decolady
03-08-2004, 04:07 PM
I know something we haven't discussed. Next Wednesday is St. Patrick's Day - are you all bringing something green??? How about nice DIS lime green?::yes::

MerryPoppins
03-08-2004, 06:05 PM
I picked up shamrock pins. Perhaps we'll tie our lime green ribbons to them. :teeth:

mickeymo
03-08-2004, 06:51 PM
I have green in my swimsuit, does that count?:teeth:

decolady
03-08-2004, 09:17 PM
That definitely counts, mickeymo!

BeeSkip
03-08-2004, 11:13 PM
Okay guys.....Just another thought as everyone frantically packs.

Don't forget your GREEN as we will be celerating St. Patty's day in the tropics.

That's all for now, Bee

IATinkerbell
03-09-2004, 01:09 AM
Hi all -

This is my first post. We are so very excited to cruise on Saturday!!!! This will be our second Magical Cruise. We cruised March 16, 2002 to the Eastern side.

We have two DDs 10 and 8. They are counting the hours. It ended up being a great math problem for them to solve!

I started packing tonight! One thing that I found we didn't have enough of last time was hangers...if you can fit some of the hangers from the cleaners in your luggage - do so.

mickeymo
03-09-2004, 07:29 AM
The in-laws are leaving Chicago today and driving to Florida!

The time is dragging slower and slower, ugh!

Welcome IAtinkerbell! See you on Saturday!

decolady
03-09-2004, 12:33 PM
Welcome, IAtinkerbell, now we are 92 people!!

MerryPoppins
03-09-2004, 03:17 PM
I've also heard you can ask for additional hangers and they have some available. I think I'm going that route.

Wow! We're almost up to 100 people. That's exciting.

The orthodontist lifted DD's sugar ban just in time for the trip. She still can't have sugar between meals, but can enjoy yummy treats with her meals. She's so happy. I think we're going to do birthday cake one night, since her birthday is right after the cruise and she didn't get to have cake last year.

decolady
03-09-2004, 04:00 PM
That's good to know about the hangers, Merry. I think I am going to pack a few though. I am also going to have a few things pressed, I assume they will return the items on hangers!

Good news for your DD, imagine having to look at all those desserts and not indulge! Pure torture!!!

IATinkerbell
03-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Last cruise we asked for hangers and got a few more too. It was a scramble though.

I am looking forward to the relaxing and enjoying down time!

decolady
03-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Okay kids, here is your customized weather report for next week (info from WeatherChannel.com):

Sat, Cape Canaveral Partly Cloudy 74
Sun, Key West Partly Cloudy 80
Mon, Partly Cloudy 80
Tues, Grand Cayman Partly Cloudy 85
Wed, Cozumel Scattered Showers 85
Thurs, Partly Cloudy 87
Fri, Bahamas Partly Cloudy 83

Not too bad!!
:sunny:

mickeymo
03-10-2004, 09:23 AM
Not, too bad weather wise, thanks for that report!! If I throw in rain ponchos will that jinx the weather? Or will it guarentee we won't need them?

Everythings, ready to go except for the last minute stuff...Hopefully, if I stick to the plan -
My dd(6) will be wearing a bright lime green shirt - blond hair ear length bob, I'm 5'8" with very short brown hair and planning to wear a "dull" lime green t-shirt. Can't tell you what the guys will wear - but, my husband is 6'6" and "tweed" -(it's a mix of everything)colored hair. my ds(9) has brown hair and is all arms and legs...

we'll meet y'all 4:30 @scoops. I might be wandering around with my head in the clouds so, just trip me to get my attention.

decolady
03-10-2004, 09:30 AM
6'6"!!! They must grow them big in Houston!!

We are short Italians, both my DH and I are 5'6", but according the the height/weight charts I should be 6'6" as well!! (I'm not too heavy, just too short!) Anyway, can't wait to meet everyone at 4:30 at Scoops!

Deb

trgthatsme
03-10-2004, 10:26 AM
IATinkerbell,
I'm from Iowa as well! You wouldn't happen to be a Girl Scout leader would you? I look forward to "meeting" you ;)

We are a family of 4 brunettes with two teenagers. You will be able to identify us by matching up father/son (both wearing glasses) and mother/daugher. Our kids are carbon copies of us. Except for my daughter and I. She is a perfect combination of height and weight and I too am a little short :rolleyes:

We have all started "gathering" but no packing until underwear gets washed on Thursday.

Does anyone think we should bring ponchos?

There's still too much to do to get really excited. I'll save that for Friday night, not be able to sleep, and be exhausted for travel on Saturday. That the trgthatsme way! Once I board the ship I'm sure to get a second wind and be my perky, delightful self for the meet and greet at Scoops. :cool1:

See you all there!

tracejmc
03-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Can't miss us! We'll be the two 'hip' single moms traveling with an obnoxious number of boys that seem too old to be ours!? (This is nice because when they say or do something embarassing we can just say that we are just the babysitters!?) Don't think we will have lime green on but I am slender build (a runner) and 5'8", brown hair and my friend is shorter with brown hair. Like I said -- just look for the pack of boys ages 7 to 12! I am going to try to be at Scoops definitely so the kids can meet some new friends and it will be fun running into everyone at dinners/excursions, etc... Thanks for the nice weather report! :sunny: We leave for the airport first thing Friday morning!

BeeSkip
03-10-2004, 12:24 PM
As I take a few moments away from all the last minute stuff, just thought I'd check in. Our group will also introduce ourselves at 4:00 at Scoops. I don't think I'll be able to convince my kids/nephew to wear lime green but I'll be sporting lime green mickey heads somehow. The weather forcast looks great! Thanks decolady. You are really on top of things!!!! We are getting picked up at 3:00 am on Saturday morning, leaving out of BWI at 5:30am. We are really excited. My sister and nephew are going to be in for a treat as this is their first cruise ever!!! Bon Voyage to everyone and have a smooth trip to Florida and the port. See y'all on broad. 2 1/2 days and counting, Bee

tayzma97
03-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi everybody!

We're flying out tomorrow morning, spending a couple days in Orlando. I'm kind of frantic, kind of have a headache, but overriding it all is the excitement. I still can't quite believe it. I can't quite imagine myself on this cruise. We are all so excited. My DD(15) as well as my DS (12), DH and I know we're going to have a great time.

I hope everyone has the best time on this cruise. We're all kind of shy - even for me just to post - but we may come up to Scoops as well. It would be nice to put some faces to names from this board!

This board, by the way, has really helped with ideas for shore excursions and packing, and just sharing the excitement. Thank you all.

Jackie:wave:

decolady
03-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Jackie,

Have a safe trip and enjoy your time in Orlando!!

Please try to come to our meet, it will be fun to get to know each other.

See you on Saturday!!!

Deb

valeriekc
03-10-2004, 10:33 PM
Okay so we fly out tomorrow as well!!
Spending a few days in Fla. before the cruise.
Looking forward to our 1st Disney cruise!!!!!
There will be me, my DH, my two girls 11&7 and my Brother!
See everyone around scoops at 4:30?
I think the only lime green thing we own is flip flops.....but I'm sure my husband will not be shy and find out who are the "real people" behind the DIS boards!
Everyone travel safe and have fun!

Margaret64
03-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Hi ValerieKC and IATinkerbell. Glad to see more girls going! Mickeymo and I both have 6/7 year old first grade girls going. I also have a 4 1/2 year old that thinks she is 6. See ya'll then. Probably my last post as we are furiously trying to get ready. We leave 4:30 pm Friday.

IATinkerbell
03-11-2004, 11:12 PM
For those of you who are haven't started your vacation yet...we got a call today that our cabin was changing because they are doing renovations on 14 cabins during our cruise. They said this is typically how they operate.

We are leaving in the morning - everyone in this house is so EXCITED! Sleep is coming slow to the DDs 10 and 8!

Bon Voyage with a little "Magic"al Pixie Dust!

-Tink
::MinnieMo

decolady
03-12-2004, 07:50 AM
IAtinkerbell, did you get an upgrade or is it the same catagory? Hope it was an upgrade for you! Nobody called us.

Just took my son to band practice, it is 35 degrees and SNOWING lightly here!!! We need to get to Florida!!

We are flying down tonight, staying near the Orlando/Sanford Airport.

Deb

valeriekc
03-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Hello Margaret and Tink.
We are now down in Fla now!!
75 degrees and very nice today!!!
Can't wait to board the ship tomorrow morning.
See you!

mickeymo
03-12-2004, 08:29 AM
safe travels to all! See you tomorrow!

decolady
03-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Everyone have a safe trip, see you at Scoops at 4:30!!

Verandah Man
03-13-2004, 11:57 AM
I'm trying to capture some photos of the Magic for all you 3-13-04 cruisers, but the port cam has not been on the Magic all morning. I'll keep checking. According to the Two Palms cam site, it looks as though you are going to have a beautiful sail away day.

Sorry all, the Magic was not on theport cam at any time that I checked today, and I missed it sailing past Two Palms, I had an errand to run and I just walked in the door, I was hoping to be back before it sailed.

O.K. I see you left late tonight, I just happened to catch a shot of the Magic going past the Two Palms cam around 6:30, I will post the photo here later. I will try and catch a shot of the Magic in Key West on Sunday.

Verandah Man
03-13-2004, 06:41 PM
http://www.verandahman.com/3-13.jpg
The Magic sailing past the Two Palms cam on
Saturday March 13, 2004 at 6:30pm.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/556/62Magic_in_Key_West_3-14-04.jpg
Disney Magic docked at Key West on
Sunday March 14, 2004.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/556/62Magic_leaving_key_west_3-14-04.jpg
The Disney Magic leaving Key West on
Sunday night March 14, 2004.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/557/62Magic_in_Grand_Cayman_3-16-04-med.jpg
The Disney Magic docked at Grand Cayman on Tuesday March 16, 2004.

Margaret64
03-21-2004, 10:06 AM
Hello Everyone Welcome Back! I hope everyone's journey was uneventful. I wish I could say the same. Everyone's fine. I checked my cell phone messages on the Disney Shuttle back to the airport to find my mom in the hospital with pneumonia. She'll be alright. We took a taxi home. It wasn't too bad. We all awoke with lovely fresh colds too! Argh...

Mickeymo and MerryPoppins, it was especially nice meeting the two of you and bumping into one another time and again.

MerryPoppins, both your daughter and son were sooooo nice. It's refreshing to see teenagers that will actually talk with other adults and (gosh!) look them in the eye when they do so. They appear to be very well grounded and you should be proud.

Mickeymo, your daughter was an absolute doll. You can't imagine how hesitant my girls were about going to the Oceaneer Club, but for the fact that they were meeting a new friend. They had a great time and your daughter can take alot of credit for that. (She has a super nice Mom and Dad too!) I hope we can get the girls together again. As you can imagine life will continue to be hectic until we make the big move to Qatar but I'm sure there will be time for diversions. I understand that the World Champion Sandcastle Championships are in Galveston the first weekend in April. We are going to try and go to that.

Take care all. Love, Margaret64

trgthatsme
03-21-2004, 08:00 PM
Oh my gosh, the cruise was amazing! I'll write more later..........

Verandah man, thank you for the photos! It was fun to see the ship in motion.

What website did you visit for the webcam and resulting photos?

Thanks in advance.

Verandah Man
03-21-2004, 09:10 PM
I used several different port cams sites. I couldn't get any shots from the Port Canaveral cam, but I was able to get photos from the TwoPalms.com, the Key West cam, and a cam at Grand Cayman.

AKB
03-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Welcome back everyone. I'm so glad you all had a great time! I will be on this cruise in 1 year - can't wait. All week I drove my family crazy by saying in 1 year today we will be ***. Did they do anything special for St Patricks day? Did any of you rebook on board?:sunny:

decolady
03-21-2004, 09:56 PM
We had such a wonderful, and yes, MAGICAL time on this cruise. All the help from people on this board was invaluable.

As for St. Patrick's Day, there was a party in Diversions that night and I saw green drinks and beer around.

So great to meet some of you. Beeskip, be sure to email me.

I did not rebook on board, we will probably need to wait a couple of years to save up for another trip. But we are definitely going back!!

Deb

IATinkerbell
03-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Hi all!

We had a wonderful time! It sounds as if you all did also. My kids had a different experience than the first cruise. Wow, two years makes a big difference. We realized how quickly our girls are growing up...

They have been doing the line dances we learned last week...and pretending they are the cruise staff!

Glad to hear that you all got home safely. We can't believe it will be back to ordinary time again tomorrow.

Our girls are wanting to cruise again in two years! I hope it works into our schedule that way.

Loved the screen cams! Thanks Veranda man!

Have a great week as you sort through your suitcases of "summer". We were lucky enough to miss a 14" snow last week. It happened when we had that beautiful day at sea last Monday.

For "Que" on board...one more "Yah, Baby!"

--Tink :)

BeeSkip
03-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Hello....

This is my first visit to the boards since returning home and I just would like to say that we had a WONDERFUL time on the 3-13 Magic cruise!!!!!

I enjoyed meeting the few Dis members at scoops on the first day.....It was nice to get to meet you face to face. We seemed to run into Decolady a lot.....Deb, It was really nice chatting with you throughout the cruise. (e-mail ?) MerryP, I hope your ankle feels better.

Just to ditto a few points, The light up travel clock is very important....We were in an outside cabin and still the light up dial would be helpfu.

I'll continue to check the boards. I look forward to getting my flim developed. I am still in the dark ages, no digital camera. My email is BeeSkip@aol.com. Decolady, feel free to contact me as we discussed.

Its hard to get back in the swing of things after being pampered for a week.

Thanks everyone for all your advice, information and helping the countdown to the cruise fun!!! Bee

MerryPoppins
03-24-2004, 12:54 PM
We're home safe and sound, but missing the Magic. :(

Thanks for the kind words about my teens, Margaret64. I'll have to show them what you wrote. It always makes me feel good when people say nice things about them. They are good kids and we are very proud of the way they behave. Sorry to hear the bad news about your mother. Mine was very sick when we got home, too. She was not in the hospital, though. Hope yours is feeling beter soon.

BeeSkip, my ankle is not nearly as swollen. Unfortunately, by the time I got home on Sunday it looked like an elephant ankle. I just overdid the walking considering the injury, but I'm resting up now. It's feeling much better and I'm enjoying the family babying my foot by waiting on me. :teeth: It's ALMOST like an extension of the cruise. Well, not really.

Glad to hear that everyone is getting home in one piece. I'm working on my trip reports even as we speak. Nothing else to do while I sit around with the foot up. Check them out if you are interested.