PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for the 10/23/2004 Western Magic. Who's with us?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

BeanoC
10-27-2003, 02:44 PM
We have just returned from back-to-back DCL cruises, and we had a wonderful time!

Our next 7-day adventure will be aboard the Magic on October 23rd, 2004 for the western itinerary. This will be our 2nd western cruise, 7th DCL cruise overall.

We have DIS meets to plan, and so much more to do. So let's get started!!!

Who's with me???

'Beano':cool:

kamgen
10-27-2003, 02:51 PM
Hey Beano!
Count us in!!!::yes::
(as if you didn't already know that)

Anyone else???

Can't wait to :boat: again!

BeanoC
10-27-2003, 03:01 PM
Oh no...

Kamgen, YOU'RE on this cruise too? AGAIN??? I might have to re-think this. I can only take so much of cruising with you. Are you bringing your DH again as well?

Ok, who else is in? Somebody save me from the wrath of Kamgen!!

;)

kamgen
10-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Hey! Enough of that! :tongue:
You were sitting right next to me when we booked this cruise! Now smile and be nice! :sunny:

Can't wait to see you and your family again!

Come on, I know for a fact there are others!!! LOL!:wave2:

tarzanman
10-27-2003, 03:17 PM
Don't worry! I will be there too. You know to keep everything sane. You two alone would be too dangerous.

BeanoC
10-27-2003, 03:34 PM
Oh, that's good news, tarzanman. Lord knows you are the voice of reason. Especially when that voice is Eric Cartman's... throughout dinner. I think the waiter will be traumatized.

tarzanman
10-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Poor guy didn't know what the heck was going on did he? That was funny!!! Now you know why they put us in the corner all the time.

XLT800
10-27-2003, 03:54 PM
Tchrmom and I will be there also. I will start practicing the YMCA now!!

Dave

okwmeister
10-27-2003, 04:15 PM
HEY,

What's goin on here! Why is it you folks keep scheduling your cruises a week after us?? We will be on the Oct 16 Eastern next year.

Hope you had a great time on the Eastern!! I can't say enough about the Western, it was unbelievable. The dis group we were with (cruisetoberfest II) had some great ideas that you should definately consider on your next cruise. I wish our schedules could line up better. We will have to swap stories, I was wondering if you guys were able to out-do the 02 cruise??

Welcome back to the mainland,

okwmeister

Spud
10-27-2003, 04:19 PM
We'll be with you again too! We had such a great time last cruise, I can't wait for the next one. Only 362 more days. LOL

Dave- I'm glad you decided to post this time, instead of just lurking. It's a lot more fun this way.:teeth:

DMoss3377
10-27-2003, 05:44 PM
:wave2: Hi guys...

We're IN!!! Beano, I've got your back...and whatever else you need protecting from Kamy. LOL :love1: Of course, if she's busy with you, that leaves Tarzanman wide open...:hug:

My DH can't stop talking about the trip and the next cruise we have planned with you guys....and Spud, make sure you and your DH keep it down since we have adjoining rooms...LOL :laughing:

This trip is going to be awesome...who's buying shots at Senor Frogs???

BeanoC
10-27-2003, 06:02 PM
Dana !!!

I got them shots covered, girlfriend. ;)

Thanks for protecting me from Kamy. She scares me. Then again, me dancing with her husband would scare anyone!! I guess we won't even talk about the couple's massage... :laughing:

I got our table reserved in the front row of Rockin' bar D baby!!! Let's go!!

DMoss3377
10-27-2003, 07:12 PM
Yeah Baby!!! Sign me up for everything...twice. ::yes:: Especially Rockin'Bar D....it's "murder on the dance floor" isn't it. LOL

Hey Tarzanman...hook a gal up with the soundtrack...:)

Kamy - we are owed another Karoake song...you and me baby...!!! This time...it will have to be the entire song, not just the chorus. :cool1:

Miss those BBC's, CC, and Rockin'Bar D....hhhmmm, how soon can we start the countdown?

takemeaway
10-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Well Hellooooooooooo:

Hubby and I switched our cruise to the Eastern on October 16th. However, now we are thinking about changing again to this cruise. I mean, after seeing Tim without a shirt on, I so desperately want to see more!

I just hope this next cruise we get to party a little bit. Did anyone notice if after dry-dock the Magic is now using muzzles for the children so they can't ask for the parents as soon as the parents sit down to have some fun?

tarzanman
10-27-2003, 09:03 PM
Muzzles! Now that sounds like a good idea. This cruise should rock like this year's did. Senor Frogs will not know what hit it. Cannot wait!!!! Only 51 weeks left to go!!!

footer
10-27-2003, 09:45 PM
Timmy!!! Glad to see you got back okay.

Suggest you rent Saturday Night Fever and practice, practice, practice. Your wife's a tough act to follow. :cool:

Looking forward to 10/23.

Dave (Spud's DH)

kamgen
10-28-2003, 08:27 AM
Hey everyone! Looks like we have a good group already! Let's go now! LOL!!! :laughing:

I sure hope we can hit Carlos & Charlie's and Senor Frogs during the day! Might have to skip dinner that night! :crazy:

Dana- Karaoke! Yeah baby....I am ready to go! Glad you and Steve had so much fun!

Dave- Thanks....Usually Tim is the most popular...nice to know I was able to steal the spotlight at 70's night! :teeth:

Doug- Well darn it! You and Christy need to switch! I know, it works around your school schedule....funny how we keep missing each other!

Can't wait to see everyone again and to meet some more new DIS friends! :grouphug:

tarzanman
10-28-2003, 08:28 AM
Dave,

I will definitely practice this year to be the best John Travolta I can be next year. Does anyone have a copy of Saturday Night Fever on DVD that I could borrow for a while? I don't actually want to own that movie. Just kidding. I am sure that it will be on TV enough this year for me to get the moves down.

Glad to see that you got on the DIS boards. It should keep things interesting. We need to have more posts than any of the other October threads. Let's get going.

kamgen
10-28-2003, 08:34 AM
I second that! We should have the most posts...I know we are a shy group, but I think we can do it! :rotfl:

So, is it too early to discuss excursions?? :happy1:
We missed Cayman on our first Western, so I definitely want to try and do the Stingray thing with Capt Marvin!

Hmmm....this is gonna be great! :cool1:

DMoss3377
10-28-2003, 10:26 AM
Hey -

How big of a table can we get in the dining rooms? Do they have one that will hold all of us DIS folks....LOL :jumping1:

I'm sure they would be too afraid to put us all together...since we're all so shy and all. :blush:

ATTN: ALL OCTOBER 23RD CRUISERS...

"Your mission if you choose to accept it is..." :smooth: "... to have the MOST posts of ANY thread."

"This message will explode in 360 days."

kamgen
10-28-2003, 10:39 AM
Dana- Love ya girl! You crack me up! :rotfl:

Wouldn't dinner be a hoot at a table for 20! :earseek: hehehe!

I accept the mission....I am up to the challenge...I won't let you down! :jumping1:

BeanoC
10-28-2003, 11:50 AM
I am equal to the task as well, Dana, assuming we actually get to go! :p

My wife and son are both protesting the vacation, due to DS's school situation. And hey - if they don't want to go, what's the point? So I need you guys to convince them! LOL

kamgen
10-28-2003, 12:03 PM
Beano- not want to go on a Disney Cruise???:earseek:
Them folks must be crazy!:crazy:

Since I know your family, I will do my best to convince them!
For one, I am sure your wonderful, smart DS will have less homework next year since it is only one week instead of two.
Second, your beautiful, smart DD deserves a DCL trip even if her brother doesn't want one! LOL!
And finally, what will TIMMY do without his best pals??:confused:

I can understand that things are overwhelming coming home from a two week trip, but no one can deny that DCL is a blast , especially when you spend your vacation with friends!

To put it bluntly Beano...you are going...no buts about it....your space in the land yacht is already reserved.....let the countdown begin! :love2:

XLT800
10-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Beano,
You must convince them to go. My DS is really counting on your DS being there. I know that you would not want to disappoint him. So, it is set. You will be there. Right?

Dave

faithmagicmickey
10-28-2003, 01:35 PM
:earseek: YA BABY!!!
COUNT US IN:hyper:
CAN'T WAIT. HOW ABOUT A TABLE FOR 50:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

DMoss3377
10-28-2003, 04:42 PM
Not go...not go...Beano & fam...how dare you even utter the words. Strike them from your vocabulary immediately. It just wouldn't be the same without you guys...:(

Heck, bring the homework along, we'll all pitch in to get it done.:grouphug:

skylynx
10-28-2003, 06:49 PM
We'll be there, too. It will be our first Magic cruise (after 3 on the Wonder). Would love to meet other Disboarders on the cruise and would enjoy making the date seem closer by chatting with them on email beforehand! We'd enjoy hearing from anyone else on this cruise. We're taking the kids (for the first time) on the Wonder in February, but we'll be on the Magic in October by ourselves. We told the kids we wanted to make sure it was fun enough for them first. :-)

kamgen
10-29-2003, 08:40 AM
Welcome to the group skylynx!!!:wave2:

This is a great group, many of us have already sailed together, so be prepared for lots of laughs and loads of fun!

Can't wait to :boat:

Denine
10-29-2003, 10:49 AM
We are cruising the week before you guys. I'll try to warn them that the Beano and Kamy gang will be on again.

Doug: It looks like we'll be sailing together again.

BeanoC
10-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Hi Denine - sorry we will miss you, and Doug's family, by one week again.

Also sorry we didn't get to see you at MK - guess our wires got crossed, so to speak. I love the pic of you guys though! Kaleigh is adorable. We appreciate you warning the cruise staff that we are coming on board. We hate to surprise them and overwhelm them!

Steve and Dana, Ben and Renee, Tim and Kamy...

Look out Rockin' Bar D !!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

DMoss3377
10-29-2003, 12:02 PM
Thanks Denine for warning them of our arrival...they need all the heads up they can get so they can be sure to stock up on beer for Beano! :):laughing: It's a good thing my DH doesn't drink that much...there wouldn't be enough for Beano. :laughing:

Although, I probably make up for both of us...especially with those BBC's....I'm determined to learn how to make them at home...maybe I'll just paint one of our extra rooms to look like part of the ship, set up a lounge chair and a sun lamp, sound machine with ocean waves in the background, and pics of Beano, Renee, Kamy and Tim all around...then maybe I can stand to wait another year to :boat:

kamgen
10-29-2003, 12:22 PM
Denine- sorry we will miss you guys again next year!:wave2:

Dana- sounds like a plan...personally I would rather just cruise sooner! LOL!!!!!

Can't wait to go! This is gonna be great! less than a year to wait......I am gonna go crazy!:crazy:

jiminyC_fan
10-29-2003, 03:15 PM
Hi guys, my DH and I will be cruising with you, also. We have cruised with Denine before and are meeting them this Dec. at WDW. Can't wait to actually see Kaleigh in person! There will be a few of us DISers onboard for a "reunion" cruise from last years 10-19 Eastern. Oct 23rd won't come soon enough for me!
Sandy and Ted

BeanoC
10-29-2003, 04:35 PM
Welcome aboard, Sandy! Looks like we missed you by a week last year. We were on the 10/12 western...

We just got back from the 10/18 eastern so we are anxiously planning for next year!!

The DIS party will be hosted by yours truly... the more the merrier!

Any more takers?? :)

tchrmom
10-29-2003, 05:39 PM
Whew!

I found this thread. Now, I can get my daily dose!

Beano,

IS your son going???????????????

We came up with "alternative" assignments for both kids to do. Their teacher's accepted these inplace of the MOUNDS of work they missed. (ex: write a journal about your trip, chart where crew member are from.....etc)

Kamy,

I'll need those dance steps for the slide written out on a chart for me!

Fran

jiminyC_fan
10-29-2003, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome, BeanoC. Yes, we did miss your cruise by a week last year. That was the year that Denine and Jerry took back to back cruises. Yours and ours. We had to share her on both threads, too, as I recall.

BeanoC
10-29-2003, 05:47 PM
Fran - For my family, it's all or nothing. If my son doesn't go, none of us will. So he's going!! ;)

Keeping a journal was one of the things they had him do this year. But he still seemed overwhelmed when we got home. I think he will probably change his tune after a while!!

faithmagicmickey
10-29-2003, 06:00 PM
:hyper: :Pinkbounc :yo-yo: :bounce:

ALL OF YOU SOUND LIKE SO MUCH FUN SO I SAY WE PARTY IN MY STATE ROOM CUZ I GOT THE DISNEY SUITE.

COME ON LETS PARTY:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

BeanoC
10-29-2003, 07:33 PM
faithmagicmickey - That sounds awesome!

We have a cat. 2 suite for this cruise, so maybe we are neighbors!! Hey, maybe we'll just have to have 2 parties!! :)

faithmagicmickey
10-29-2003, 07:41 PM
were in state room 8030. where are you?

tarzanman
10-29-2003, 07:48 PM
This is going to be too much fun I think.

Beano,
At least now you know who is holding you out of the Disney Suite. I don't think that I have ever met someone that has stayed in the suite. I always thought that the people that get the Disney suites must be too stuffy to play with us because they don't seem to be around. I think that we may have found the exception.

Fran,
I am glad that you made it over to this thead. I would hate to think of you all alone on last year's while we are hanging over here.

tchrmom
10-29-2003, 08:25 PM
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Two parties...........does that mean 2 or 4 bottles of Asti???????

Count us in!
Fran:wave2:

nicurnc
10-29-2003, 09:57 PM
Hi Tim,
Saw your message on the old thread, thought I'd post over here.

The kids said they saw y'all often. They had a blast on this cruise!! Any time we were with them it seemed all the bartenders knew them by name :confused: Gee, not my kids :rolleyes:

We started to go to the clubs, but missed our beach music. We go out dancing a lot when we're home, so we spent a little more alone time on the cruise.

We're not sure about another Disney cruise. Haven't completely ruled it out, but right now have plans for an Alaskan cruise and a trip to Ireland in '04.

Now Jenn and Brian are planning a Disney cruise next year, they want to take his nephew.

Looks like you guys already have quite a crew lined up!! Sounds like fun!

Loretta

jiminyC_fan
10-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Yahoo, party at the Disney Suite. Count us in! Asti is just what the Doctor ordered! Sandy

BeanoC
10-29-2003, 10:22 PM
We are in 8516, just forward and across the elevators from you!

So, YOU are the reason I couldn't get the Walt suite on this cruise! Well, I guess I'll have to party with you anyway!! :)

Can we leave now????

tarzanman
10-30-2003, 07:59 AM
Fran,

What was the name of the Asti that you brought? I loved that stuff.

jiminyC_fan
10-30-2003, 08:51 AM
You guys are driving me NUTS! I have had this reservation since they opened the reservation process for 2004. What is that about 8 months or so? I have been doing fine UNTIL I started reading your posts. Now I am sooooo ready to go. Is it time yet? Now my Dec trip to WDW won't give me my Disney fix like it is suppose to.

DMoss3377
10-30-2003, 08:51 AM
Wow, looks like we're already getting quite a few people for this cruise...YEAH BABY!!!

I'm glad to see so many people from the 10/18 eastern cruising again on this one. It will give me a chance to get to know you all even better.

Beano & Faith...thanks for the party locations...totally looking forward to it. Fran, let me know what Asti you brought...I love me some Asti, and I usually get Martini & Rossi, but the stuff Tim served up, which I believe was from you...was DELICIOUS. :)

Loretta...you guys just have to come. I only ran into you a couple times, but would love to get the chance to hang out on the next cruise. :) Alaska, schmalaska...I've heard it's really cold there...LOL...wouldn't you rather be in the sun with us on CC? :)

Is it time yet?

Denine
10-30-2003, 10:58 AM
A party in the Walt Disney suite, maybe we should do back to back cruises again!

tarzanman
10-30-2003, 11:20 AM
Yeah Denine,

You know that you have to do it now.

nicurnc
10-30-2003, 12:05 PM
Dana..LOL!
That is so funny, that is about what JJ (DH) said!

Usually his vacation plans are something like "Where are we going this time?' I pack a bag and tell him what time to be at the airport.

Now, while floating in an inner tube on CC, he says 'Ya know, I really like this tropical stuff, Alaska is really cool, I mean REALLY COOL. I wanna go where it's :sunny: '

So who knows? If we decide to cruise next year, it will definitely be Western.

But next time, Beano has to promise to let us know WHERE the party is before he disappears from sail-a-way. Couldn't put my family thru the agony of three bottles of champagne again :rolleyes:

Loretta :wave2:

jiminyC_fan
10-30-2003, 12:47 PM
Do it Denine. Do it!::yes::

DMoss3377
10-30-2003, 01:29 PM
:sunny: Loretta :sunny: just keep thinking about CC...who wouldn't want to go there again. :) And this time, I'm sure someone will clue you in on the parties...we got lucky and ran into Beano at the terminal before boarding. :) We can't let you guys suffer through all that champagne again...we love to share. :)

Denine..you gotta come...I haven't met you yet. :)

skylynx
10-30-2003, 02:04 PM
Hey, Dana

Denise here (aka Skylynx) Sent you an email but it might have gone awry. John and I will be on this cruise too...I see since the October 2002 Wonder trip where we dined at the loud and luscious Table Sixteen together you've been making some new cruise friends that might have been wilder than we were! We are looking forward to meeting everyone and doing the Western cruise. I've got friends that have a house on Grand Cayman by Rum Point we're thinking of invading for a few hours for some fantastic snorkeling (their house is on a conch preserve with coral heads in waist high water just fifty feet offshore...when you get tired of snorkeling you can just stand up and take a rest!) After taking the kids on the Wonder this coming February, we'll be ready for some "adult" play in October. Imagine booking the same cruise again. It's a small world after all. Hmm, where have I heard that before? It's catchy. ;-)

kamgen
10-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Denise-
That sound awesome! Last Western we took we did not get to go to Cayman...adult fun sounds great! :)
Looking forward to meeting you!!!!:wave2:

tarzanman
10-30-2003, 03:25 PM
Adult fun sounds good to me. Could someone please clarify that for me, Beano, Dave, Cindy, Dave, Fran, Kamy, Renee, Dana, and Steve? We might take that the wrong way. "Adult fun" could mean a lot of things.

tchrmom
10-30-2003, 04:23 PM
OK, the Asti was the Cinzano brand. It was what one guy at a wine shop called..... (use snooty, stuck-up voice) "A SUPERMARKET brand. I finally had the guy at Kash and Karry (yes, a supermarket) order me a few bottles. It is about the same price as Martini and Rossi.

As for "adult fun"...............hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I'm not sure Tarzan what that is. Especially since we had Matt, Steven , Kelly and her friend Abby running through our cabin...CONSTANTLY! Lucky for us, we did get to lock the door to the suriel bath.....but remember, Disney says that the suriel bath is for "exfolitation". Steam and mud. 2 naked bodies......yeah right!
:tongue:

faithmagicmickey
10-30-2003, 04:29 PM
princess:
Oh my God! I can't wait to party with all of you.

Just to let you know I had to book this crusie last November to get the Walt Disney Suite. The bummer part is that I had to wait 2 years to go again, because I only wanted the Walt Disney Suite. As soon as I got back back from the Halloween western cruise last year I called to rebook.They told me the suite is booked for the entire schedule. They said the only way to get cat 1 is to fax a request and wait for a phone call. So I did and we got the call in in a month or so. :earseek:
So you bet you sweet "you know what" that I took it.

Anyway I can't wait to meet all of you. It sounds like we will have a blast.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

DsnyDudetteTwo
10-30-2003, 06:12 PM
Our board from the cruise last October is still going strong :grouphug: and some of us are meeting in WDW this December but Sandy told me about this board so I just had to read and boy do you guys sound like fun!:jumping1: I can always blame Sandy for telling me about this board.

I am Disney Dudette #2 & Disney Dudette #3 & I are going on the cruise in October. Disney Dudette #1 is in "love":lovestruc :love2: & doesn't know what she's doing! We know Denine too! We had the best time on our last cruise & felt like we knew so many of the cruisers because of these boards. Sandy & I are "Asti people" so if there's a party - we're there!
Don't expect any postings from DD#3 she is slightly computer illiterate.

I am going away this weekend - Reunion Time but I will try to post from time to time. Have a great weekend. Toodles:wave2: ::MickeyMo JEANNE alias DD#2

jiminyC_fan
10-30-2003, 08:25 PM
Hi Jeanne, you found the thread. I do believe this is a bunch of crazy people here. Can't believe we found more Asti people to party with. I, too, felt like a traitor but a few of the others are on Denine's thread for their Eastern cruise. Like Lori said, Meet new friends but keeeeep the old ......

To everyone else: the 3 Dudettes are fun to cruise with. Wait till you see the 3 together. What one doesn't think of the other one will. They will keep the party going. I just hope that Dudette 1 will book also. Dudette 3 is computer illiterate but has been known to pop in right before the cruise. She gave us a lot of laughs last year with her posts and attempted posts.
Sandy

tarzanman
10-30-2003, 09:16 PM
I am glad to hear that more fun people will be joining us. The more the merrier. As long as you people dance, you can join us. I finally got Beano to dance but I still had to dance by myself a bit. I need dance partners.

DMoss3377
10-30-2003, 09:48 PM
Hey Denise...long time...great to hear you'll be on our cruise. You'll love this gang of people...they are a blast. You mentioned that you sent me an email, but unfortunately I didn't get it. How are you and John? It will be nice to see you guys again. The snorkeling you mentioned in Grand Cayman sounds awesome. We absolutely loved the snorkeling at St. John this past cruise. We even bought our own snorkel equipment, unfortunately, one of our masks was shattered in our luggage...must have been gently placed in the cargo hold of the airplane...lol. Oh well, it should be easily replaced.

I should have pics from this past cruise on webshots soon, I'll post a link when I do.

Great to be in touch with you again. :)

Fran - thanks for the Asti info...I'll be looking for a bottle this weekend. Yum. :)

So....what's everyone dressing up as for Halloween? :laughing:

tarzanman
10-31-2003, 08:51 AM
We are being bah humbugs for Halloween. Well not really. We usually don't get more than 10 kids anyway and we have been wiped out this week recovering from our vacation.

tarzanman
10-31-2003, 09:14 AM
Have you noticed that Denine's thread is beating ours? Let's get with the program!!!

;)

kamgen
10-31-2003, 09:23 AM
Well, I am here!
Happy Halloween everyone! pirate:

TGIF! This first week back after the trip has been torture! I miss my friends, the ship, and the sunshine! :sunny:
Oh well, I know I am going back and that makes me feel great!:cool1:

Ca't wait to meet the new folks and see my friends again! :grouphug:

Let's cruise! :boat:

DMoss3377
10-31-2003, 09:48 AM
Happy Halloween everyone!

Hope you all have a frightfully spooky day!

Will check back in later. :)

DMoss3377
10-31-2003, 10:08 AM
:( I have a cute little Halloween greeting, but can't post it. It's a jpg file and I can't figure out how to insert it in my message...help?:confused:

DMoss3377
10-31-2003, 10:47 AM
Here's a little something to get you all in the Halloween mood...

The Raven

by Edgar Allen Poe

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore--
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
" 'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door--
Only this and nothing more."

DMoss3377
10-31-2003, 10:51 AM
The Raven....cont...

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; -- vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow-- sorrow for the lost Lenore--
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore--
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me-- filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating:
" 'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door--
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;
This it is and nothing more."

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
"Sir," said I, "or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came tapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you"--here I opened wide the door;--
Darkness there and nothing more.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before;
But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, "Lenore!"
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, "Lenore!"--
Merely this and nothing more.

DMoss3377
10-31-2003, 10:52 AM
cont...

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping something louder than before.
"Surely," said I, "surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see, then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore--
Let my heart be still a moment, and this mystery explore;--
'Tis the wind and nothing more.

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days of yore.
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he,
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door--
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door--
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
"Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou," I said, "art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore--
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning--little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door,
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such a name as "Nevermore."

But the Raven, sitting lonely on that placid bust, spoke only
That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour.
Nothing farther then he uttered; not a feather then he fluttered--
Till I scarcely more than muttered: "Other friends have flown before--
On the morrow he will leave me as my Hopes have flown before."
Then the bird said, "Nevermore."

Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,
"Doubtless," said I,"what it utters is its only stock and store,
Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful Disaster
Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore--
Till the dirges of his Hope that melancholy burden bore
Of 'Never--nevermore'"

But the Raven still beguiling all my sad soul into smiling,
Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird and bust and door;
Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking
Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore--
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

DMoss3377
10-31-2003, 10:54 AM
cont...finale!

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing
To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;
This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining
On the cushion's velvet lining that the lamp-light gloated o'er,
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o'er
She shall press, ah, nevermore!

Then, methougt, the air grew denser, perfumed from some unseen censer
Swung by Seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.
"Wretch,"I cried,"thy God hath lent thee--by these angels he hath sent thee
Respite--respite and nepenthe from they memories of Lenore!
Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe and forget this lost Lenore!"

"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil!--prophet still, if bird or devil!--
Whether Tempter sent, or whether tempest tossed thee here ashore,
Desolate, yet all undaunted, on this desert land enchanted--
On this home by Horror haunted,-- tell me truly, I implore--
Is there-- is there balm in Gilead?--tell me--tell me, I implore!"

"Prophet!" said I, "thing of evil!--prophet still, if bird or devil!
By that heaven that bends above us--by that God we both adore--
Tell this soul with sorrow laden if, within the distant Aidenn,
It shall clasp a sainted maiden whom the angels name Lenore--
Clasp a rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore."

"Be that word our sign of parting, bird or fiend!" I shrieked, upstarting--
"Get thee back into the tempest and the Night's Plutonian shore!
Leave no black plume as token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken! --quit the bust above my door!
Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!"

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And the eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted--nevermore!

kamgen
10-31-2003, 10:58 AM
Thanks Dana! You are so cool! ::yes::

DMoss3377
10-31-2003, 11:08 AM
Thanks Kamy...you're pretty darn cool too! :smooth:

Denine
10-31-2003, 11:08 AM
I told Jerry that we need to do back to backs again and he said fine with him. 2 weeks is a long time on the ship with a 2 year old though. We'll see.

kamgen
10-31-2003, 11:37 AM
Oh Denine, you can do it!!! ::yes::

Okay guys.....what's new?:crazy:

BeanoC
10-31-2003, 02:31 PM
If it wasn't for my son's school, we'd love to do back-to-backs again this year... oh well!

Ok, well I gotta go home and lock the doors and turn out the lights so the snotty little trick or treaters won't come to my house! LOL :crazy:

faithmagicmickey
10-31-2003, 03:13 PM
pirate: HAPPY HALLOWEEN:jester:

I had a great day today. How about all of you? Did I tell you what I do for work? I'm a lab assistant (yes a "BLOOD SUCKER")
I HAD WAY TOO MUCH FUN!:p

Anyway hope you all have a great night.

Denine
10-31-2003, 03:38 PM
Faith: We will be in WDW at the same time. We arrive the 30th and leave the 9th.
My dad worked in the blood bank for years until he retired and used to do some "blood sucking".

faithmagicmickey
10-31-2003, 03:49 PM
Hi Denine,

:wave2: That is so cool. My DD and I will be there from Nov 27 and we leave on evening of Dec 5th.
Maybe we should meet. Where are you staying?
Let me know.

Have a magical day,
Faith

PS: we will get this party started early!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

jiminyC_fan
10-31-2003, 06:45 PM
Happy Halloween everyone. It is a very nasty day for our trick or treaters. Not sure we will get very many. Lots of ice and cold temps.

Faith, we will be at WDW 12/2 - 12/10. We are hoping to hook up with Denine. There will be a total of 17 of us meeting there from last years cruise. I am so excited and ready for this trip. Twin dd's just graduated from college this year and one just got married. I need a break!::yes::

Denine, do you really think that you might do the back to back? That would be great. You could be on both cruises that our DISfamiles from Oct 19th would be one. :wave: You could give everyone a big :grouphug: from me!

Almost time for the little ones to come around. I love Halloween and seeing the little ones. Hopefully I won't be disappointed because of the weather!

faithmagicmickey
10-31-2003, 07:11 PM
Hi jiminyc-fan

I would love to meet you guys.
Where are you staying?
Are you going to "Mickey's very merry christmas party"

I will be staying at the GF and going to the christmas party on Dec 2.

Let me know. It would be fun.:chat:

This trip is so special to my DD and I because last Thanksgiving she was very very ill in hospital in Boston. I told my DD that when we get home from hospital I'm going to call Disney and book a trip and that we will be there next year for Thanksgiving. So we will be there in 26 days.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

jiminyC_fan
10-31-2003, 08:55 PM
Faith, I am sorry to hear about your daughters illness. I am so happy that she is better and can go to WDW this year!!!!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

We are staying at All Star Movies. Yes, we are going to the Christmas Party but on the 4th. All of us are meeting there. Too bad that you won't be there. It would be ideal to meet you there. Our plans are to go to Illuminations on the 2nd and a peak at the Candlelight Procession that night also. Sandy

faithmagicmickey
10-31-2003, 09:25 PM
Hi jiminyc-fan,

My DD has been sick most of her life she is a diabetic and had cancer. But this year (so far) she has been better. Keep your fingers crossed because this is her 5th year cancer free. :D Let's hope she stays that way.

It's a bummer about the 2nd. I'm going to the candlelight processional on the 3rd. The 5th is our last night we plan to go to MK in the am, then Epcot in the afternoon, then we are seeing MGM for Fantasmic I think around 7pm.
Well, you never know maybe we can work it out. Let me know.

If not WE PARTY ON THE SHIP!!:Pinkbounc :hyper:
I think I'm more excited about the cruise than WDW. This cruise will be awsome. Much better than my last one. All of you sound like so much fun, I can't wait to meet all of you.

M I C(SEE YOU REAL SOON) K E Y(WHY, BECAUSE WE LIKE YOU) M O U S E::MickeyMo :earsboy: :earseek:

ALWAYS HAVE FUN,
FAITH

jiminyC_fan
11-02-2003, 12:18 PM
Faith, we have diabetes majorly in our family but not childhood diabetes. I do understand diabetes that is for sure. Cancer, bless her heart. I hope her life is turning around and will be healthy and happy.

Did you make PS for dinner on the 3rd for the Candelight Procession or are you taking chances? I was trying to figure out how to meet you with the DisneyDudettes, also. Jeanne and Joyce will be there in Dec until the 5th and I bet that they would like to meet you also. We have to work something out!

Have a magical day! Sandy

faithmagicmickey
11-02-2003, 01:34 PM
Sandy,Thank you so much for you response. DD is doing much better these days. She will always have to struggle with her diabetes but she has a great outlook on life. As far as the cancer who knows where that came from. It does not run in the family.

We do have dinner ps for the candlelight processional at Le Cellier Canada in Epcot. We will be in Epcot the entire day. Dinner is at 4:50pm and the candlelight is at 8:15pm. So maybe we all can have dinner together then or just meet in Epcot sometime during the day. Like I said we will be there from 8:30am to after Iluminations.
Yes, my DD and I would like to meet you,Jeanne & Joyce as well. We have to work something out. I still have time to change dinner, just let me know if you have and idea's then I will call the planner and change them.
Hope to hear from you soon.

HAVE A MAGICAL DAY,
FAITH

jiminyC_fan
11-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Faith, I got to thinking that because the parks close early evenings in Dec. that maybe we could just meet in a hotel lobby after a day in the park for a meeting. Get some hot chocolate or something. Doesn't have to be in the parks! I have never been to the Grand Floridian so I don't mind volunteering to go to your hotel. What do you think? I will email Jeanne and see if they would like to meet up with us. Jeanne is away at her 35th high school reunion so I probably won't hear back from her for awhile.

I tell you, diabetes, cancer and heart problems run rampant on both sides of my family. My doctor says I am doomed for one or all.

I so look forward to meeting you and your daughter. Sandy

faithmagicmickey
11-02-2003, 03:39 PM
Sandy, What a great idea. I just spoke to Kristy (myDD) and she said that would be cool. :Pinkbounc
Just let me know when and what time and we can do this.

You know, thank God we have Disney to make us forget all of our problems.
::MickeyMo

Anyway, talk to to soon,
Faith

jiminyC_fan
11-02-2003, 03:56 PM
That is soooo true, Faith. Disney does have a way to make things better and a way to make us forget! I emailed Jeanne with my idea. I will let you know. I am sending you an email. Sandy

faithmagicmickey
11-02-2003, 04:02 PM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Sandy, that Sounds cool

Thanks,
FAITH

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-02-2003, 06:50 PM
What a GREAT weekend! The weather was absolutely beautiful the whole weekend - warm, sunny & in the 70's. Met up with some of my OLD classmates at the 35th. What fun!

SANDY: I haven't read my e-mail yet but you know our schedule & I am willing to meet up wherever & whenever as long as I don't have a PS or other reservations. Joyce & I are thinking of adding days in WDW after the cruise so we can attend the Halloween Party (never been). I just want to tell you that after the Reunion I did go to a Halloween Party & dressed as a "Mouseketeer". I told Joyce I would make her a matching outfit for next year!

FAITH: Joyce & I (alias Dudette #2 & #3) would love to get together before the cruise.

Can't wait to meet up with all our new fellow cruisers. Yes we do dance but not as well as Sandy & Ted

:rotfl: :rotfl: or Bonnie & Joyce::yes:: ::yes:: Hope you all have a great week. Toodles:wave2: :wave2: ::MickeyMo JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
11-02-2003, 07:17 PM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Joyce, that sounds great:earseek:
hope to see you guys soon.

Have a very magical night,
Faith

faithmagicmickey
11-02-2003, 07:34 PM
WE added 4 days after the cruise for next year so we can be in WDW MK for the "Not So Scary Halloween" party. Can't wait.
Come on lets all go to the Halloween partypirate: :jester: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
That would be sooooooo cool!!!

jiminyC_fan
11-02-2003, 10:36 PM
Jeanne, did you say Bonnie and Joyce are good dancers? I believe I have GREAT blackmail pictures to prove that!:hyper:

Faith, it was wonderful talking to you this evening. I can't wait to meet you. :earsgirl: Ted and I can't make it next year for the MNSSHP party after the cruise. :( Some of us have to work. Oh I mean, Ted has to work.

Goodnight all.

kamgen
11-03-2003, 08:22 AM
Happy Monday everyone! :wave2:

It is so rainy, gloomy and chilly here....guess I better get used to it! I would rather be on Castaway Cay! (but who wouldn't!) LOL!:sunny:

skylynx
11-03-2003, 10:27 AM
Hello, Dana, etc. and new friends to be...

For everyone who is NOT Dana/Steve, we met in 10/02 on what was all four of our first Disney Cruises. We had wonderful tablemates and still keep in touch with everyone we met...the same is not true for our second Wonder cruise last March...our tablemates were nice enough no lasting camaraderie developed like that on the first cruise. So that's how we know Dana and Steve. I thought we'd best introduce ourselves as we are very much looking forward to meeting everyone.

My fiance, John, and I are second-time arounders. Both of us were married 15+ years to other people before finding each other quite by accident (at a three day business course at the Disney Institute, no less). He's British, so we had additional difficulties (the Atlantic Ocean) in staying together. Long story short...we're sharing a lovely townhome together in Chicagoland (ex-spouses got the houses) while waiting for my divorce to become final so we can go get married at a ranch we love in Las Vegas. And you are all invited, as long as you like barbecue and horses and rude drinking games (and from what I've been reading it sounds like many of you would fit that bill).

John's 13 yo daughter is still with his ex in England, and I have a 10yo DD and 8yo DS that live with me 3 days a week. We are taking them on the Wonder for the first time in February...which isn't so far away at all anymore. :-)

Other than that, we both are recovering from being laid off. John has a new job but I'm still hunting and interviewing and doing contract instructional design/writing/editing work to keep the bill collectors at bay. In fact, I booked this cruise and paid the deposit with part of my severance because I was so miserable that both of us were laid off I felt we had to have SOMETHING in the distant future to look forward to and gave it enough time (well over a year) for things to get "normal" again.

We're going on a Christmastime getaway to WDW the weekend of Dec. 12 and to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party as long as it's not pouring. We're staying at Dixie Landings (still can't think of it as Port Orleans Riverside). So if anyone else will be down there then, we'd love to know about it. We'll be getting happy on overpiced Coronas at the Adventurer's Club on PI most nights. Kungaloosh!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :-)

kamgen
11-03-2003, 10:42 AM
Thanks for all the info! Great to get to know you!!!

For all of you that don't know our little story, Tim (tarzanman) and I have been to WDW countless times since our first trip together (our honeymoon at Dixie Landings in 2000) and are DVC members! We have been on 6 Disney cruises so far and love it!!!
That is how we met Beano and his family! We all met last year on our Western cruise (Oct 2002) and have been best pals ever since!!! ::yes::
We met Dana, Steve, Fran, Dave, Cindy, and Dave on this past Octobers cruise and cannot wait to cruise again with this fun group!
We don't have any children, but enjoy acting like children every time we hit WDW! :crazy:

We are really looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing our friends again!:boat:

Skylynx- that wedding sounds great!!! My dh is a master of rude drinking games and we never turn down good BBQ! LOL! :yo-yo:

Denine
11-03-2003, 10:45 AM
Hi guys.

We decided against doing back to back as much as we would love to cruise with some of you again and other's for the 1st time.

There is a 10-day Princess cruise that we really want to go in the spring of 2005. It goes to Grenada, which is where we went on our honeymoon.

Sandy, Faith, Jeanne: We are up for a meet at the GF. E-mail or PM me with a day and time.

tarzanman
11-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Sorry to hear that you won't be joining us Denine. I am sure that you will have a blast with the group the week before.

footer
11-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Hi Denise (Skylynx),

Glad to have you and your DH on the cruise. Is that the Mustang Ranch in Las Vegas? If so, you are probably more adventurous than the rest of our group, even Tim and Kamy :teeth: .

Dave

DMoss3377
11-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Well...guess it's my turn to tell our story to those who don't already know it. :)

My DH(Steve) and I were high school sweethearts. We finally got married after almost 9 years together, in 2001 at WDW. We were married at Seabreeze Point by Boardwalk Inn and honeymooned at the Yacht Club Resort. :lovestruc

I'm the major Disney fan, but my DH is quite smitten and growing in his devotion to all things Disney everyday.

To celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary, Oct 2002....we decided on the 4-day Wonder cruise. Our first, which is where we met Denise and John, and like Denise said, we had awesome tablemates. :grouphug: After that cruise, we were hooked and booked the 7-day Eastern to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary.

Well, on this past cruise, we were blessed to meet even more people who are wonderful and fun! Kamy, Tim, Beano, Renee, Pam, Paul, Fran, Cindy and Dave! We also took the plunge and became DVC members!! So we can look forward to even more Disney vacations.

Now we're just counting down the days until the Oct 2004 cruise with all of you, where we'll hang with some old friends and make new ones.

We live in Northern Virginia, Manassas to be exact...made infamous by Lorena Bobitt and the DC Sniper. We're hoping to move to Atlanta in the next year or so...job transfer willing...and we don't have children yet, but hope to some day...God willing. Of course, I've already told my DH that if they aren't in love with Disney like us, we're sending them back...LOL...Not!

And Denise...let us know when and where...we'll be there! Love me some BBQ, and is there really such a thing as rude drinking games...LOL :)

tarzanman
11-03-2003, 03:17 PM
I just wanted to be post 100.

jiminyC_fan
11-03-2003, 04:11 PM
Hi guys, would like to introduce myself also. My life isn't as interesting as the rest of you, in fact it is quite boring. But sometimes boring is good, right? My husband, Ted (52) and I (50)began cruising with Disney on our 25th Anniversary. It is now 28 years. We are very happily married and have twin 23 year old girls. One just got married this past Sept and the other one got her heart broken earlier this year after a 5 year relationship. Both just graduated from college this last May and luckily got jobs in their fields quiet easily. Heidi the one still at home just began a Federal Job in the Human Resource Dept. Stacey is busy as an accountant. Ted works as a Right of Way Agent. I use to work in the District Court and then as a paralegal for the DA but quit when the girls were born. I am now a housewife/mother and do daycare for a friend twice a week.

We last cruised Oct 19, 2002 with a terrific bunch of people from the DISboard. We are all still in touch daily via the board. Denine, and Jeanne (of the Dudette fame) are a couple of them. We draw names and exchange Christmas gifts and open them all together over an internet wine chat. We are one big family.

We live in Littleton Colorado. Made famous by the Columbine High School shootings. We lost one friend who the girls grew up with. We live just the other side of the park and could hear everything.

Kamy, I looked at your before and after pictures and you gave me the incentive to try and lose my weight. You look great! Congratulations on such a big accomplishment!!

I got to talk to Faith via IM yesterday. She is such a warm person. I enjoyed our talk.

Bare with me until I get to know names and screen names. Ok, the truth is that I am horrible with names. Now give me a number and I will remember it forever.

tchrmom
11-03-2003, 05:17 PM
:wave:

Hi JiminyC-

You'll love this group! We met them last year on this board, and finally met them face to face in October. They are tons of fun!!!!

Beano........
I thought you were buying the first round of sailaway drinks. Remember.....the last person to get tickets, buys for the first person! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA::yes::

Got my confimation letter in the mail today for both cruises. Now to find the $. Got any ideas, XLT800?;)

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-03-2003, 06:33 PM
I guess I better introduce myself, Jeanne (alias Disney Dudette#2) & Joyce (alias Disney Dudette #3) since she doesn't use the computer. We are both in our 50's and both Registered Nurses who work in the Post Partum Unit at Virtua Hospital in Voorhees, N.J. Joyce has been married forever to Les & I have been divorced forever. Joyce has 3 grown children (1 boy, 2 girls) & 2 grandsons. I have 3 grown children (1 girl, 2 boys) none of which are married. I also have a Siberian Husky named Dodger.
We both live in South Jersey which is close to Philadelphia. This is the "condensed" version of our lifes.

We have been on three Disney cruises & go to WDW several times a year. We will be there 11/29/03-12/5/03 but we had an exceptional time on our last cruise because we knew so many people by the time we went on the cruise because of these boards! When they announced the "Disney Dudettes":earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: people ran up to us & told us who they were & we felt like they were old friends. We want them to move near us or we want to move near them because we miss them. Several of the 10/19/02 cruisers are getting together in WDW in December:grouphug:

Well I started to ramble :chat: on again. I tend to do that. Can't wait to meet you all. We are a fun bunch of people. Just ask Sandy!::yes::

Have a great week. I am going back to work after having four days off & now I have to work 3 - 12 hour shifts so don't expect to hear from me. Toodles:wave2: ::MickeyMo JEANNE

BeanoC
11-03-2003, 09:30 PM
Fran - It's a matter of being in the right place at the right time. If I had a nickel for every round of drinks I bought on that last cruise...

I could buy another round of drinks! :crazy:

I don't have much of a story to tell, since my horrid reputation preceeds me, thanks to my wonderful DIS friends!

My name is Ben, often known as 'Beano', and no, I cannot relieve gas. But I do sometimes cause indigestion. My wife is Renee, and we've been happily married for 11 years. We've actually been married for almost 15 years, but 4 of them sucked. Just kidding dear! It'll be 15 years next June, and each year is better than the last. We live in California and own & operate our own business.We have 2 children; a 13 year old son and 11 year old daughter. This will be our 6th Disney cruise; 5th with our best friends Tim and Kamy - whom we met on a Disney cruise.

We enjoy hosting DIS parties in our stateroom, and this cruise is no exception... all the regular posters here on the thread are invited. Hell, even if you're a bit irregular, you can still come.
More details on that to follow!

BeanoC
11-04-2003, 01:14 AM
Hi again everyone. I just posted a few of my cruise pics on my website. Please have a look!

http://homepage.mac.com/b.creighton/PhotoAlbum9.html

Hope you like!! :)

kamgen
11-04-2003, 08:25 AM
Great pics Beano!!!!::yes::

But looking at those did make me miss you guys and the cruise even more!!!!:wave:

Here is the link to my pics from this trip, incase anyone wants to check them out!

http://community.webshots.com/user/timthetarzanman

XLT800
11-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Beano.......great pictures. I will try to get ours up this week.

Dave

DMoss3377
11-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Thanks guys for posting the pics. It's great to see all those smiling, wonderful and sometimes sober faces!

I hope to have mine up this week too...so I'll post a link when I do.

Rock On!

faithmagicmickey
11-04-2003, 03:35 PM
:D Hi beano, The pics anr great.
Who did the cake? I love the color.

BeanoC
11-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Glad y'all enjoyed the pics.

Faith - Concierge had the cake made for me. Turned out pretty nice! It was yummy too.::yes::

faithmagicmickey
11-04-2003, 04:05 PM
:wave2: Hi Beano,

When you ordered the cake from the concierge. How far in advance did you have to order it? :confused:

:smooth: Faith

jiminyC_fan
11-04-2003, 04:31 PM
Great pics guys! Thanks for sharing. Brings back a lot of memories especially Paradise Point with the Dudettes.

skylynx
11-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Hello, again...

Dave asked if the Mustang Ranch (noted house of ill repute) would be the site for our wedding. No, Dave, it's far worse than that. I'd like to describe it for anyone who's up for an adventure in the next couple of months, and just because it is the kind of old Americana tourist attraction that used to be about as good as it got on the family vacation before Disney World.

The ranch is called Bonnie Springs Old Nevada (www.bonniesprings.com) and is the most authentic fake you can imagine. Authentic because although it is a phony tourist attraction with fakey Indian souvenirs, it IS a town of real buildings, not fronts, built on an actual pony express stop with an actual underground spring and a bona fide history. There are several lynchings and street shoutouts per day (in fact, weddings must be scheduled between them). There is a cheesy wax museum with a mildewed, motion detecting Abraham Lincoln wax figure that yells at you if you get too close to it. And an "abandoned mine" where the floor deliberately tilts the further you walk into it (intensely amusing if you've been imbibing). The saloon that can be rented for parties has huge oil paintings of topless brothel ladies on the walls but they'll cover them up with sheets if you request it.

It is the kind of place that charges you a dollar if they catch you taking feathers from the ground. The best feathers come from the wild peacocks that perch in the trees and make noises at daybreak that sound just like someone yelling "let me out!" over and over." It is the kind of place that is obviously a front for some Vegas strip money laundering...no place this hokey (it even has a small scale train that takes you from the (dirt) parking lot to the main entrance) could support such a vast staff packing technology befitting an astronaut. It is the kind of place that you can put quarters into machines for food to feed the animals in the sad petting zoo. For an extra fee you can even get your picture taken with the Biggest Cow on the Face of the Earth or a melancholy bison.

The chapel, however, is built of gorgeous natural wood with a huge window altar framing the mountains of Red Rock Canyon. And, although it is located between the shootin' gallery and the Old Tyme photo shop, there is a definite aura of majesty and reverence to it. It is a place in which one can feel very close to heaven, filled with the simplest of natural beauty.

And although the motel boasts decor made from the Walmart fabric remnant bin and pieces of wood picked up from the parking lot, it overlooks stunningly savage mountains and the Rawhide-esque horse corral, and if you go out at sunrise the trail horses come up to the fence to be sociable. You can sit out there in your pajamas, drink coffee, and watch the sun track across the tops of the mountains while it is still blue gray where you are sitting. No one will likely see you, because in all the times we've been there (7+ nights at varying times of year) there have rarely been more than one or two other cars there. More reason to suspect an alternative source of revenue. But there is something so real about it; the sky is so big and everything just seems to be more colorful and the beer tastes colder and the barbecue sandwiches are sloppier and the horses' noses are more velvety....Real rodeo cowboys who've messed up their skeletons too badly to stay competitive lead morning trail rides through gulches and tumbleweed and packrats and occasionally (and frighteningly) encounter a real bobcat. They still wear their trophy belt buckles and tell tall tales.

I discovered this place quite by accident while taking a much needed escape drive from Treasure Island and the Vegas strip scene during a week long conference. Something about it tugged at my heart, so I took John there on one of our early unauthorized trips together--and we keep going back. In many ways, it is as special a place for us as Disney. Of course, the former site of the Disney Institute and the current site of Disney Quest are hallowed ground for us, as that is where we met and fell hopelessly and dangerously in love. We got engaged during the Tapestry of Dreams parade, the music of which we have always felt was "our" soundtrack. So we are planning that the wedding itself take place at the Vegas ranch, followed by some rabble rousing and swaying to the Bellagio fountains that night, and then off the the Magic Kingdom the following day. There's no way we're missing the sole opportunity to buy and wear those Mickey and Minnie wedding hats!

If anyone is still reading...thanks! I got carried away, as I am known to do. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

XLT800
11-04-2003, 10:04 PM
Here is the link to our pictures.

http://community.webshots.com/user/dhuseman100

Hope you enjoy

Dave

faithmagicmickey
11-05-2003, 07:16 AM
Dave, Great pics I enjoyed them. My fav is the one of the sunrise,
Great job. :smooth:

kamgen
11-05-2003, 08:38 AM
skylnx- I read the whole post and I loved the story! Don't worry, we all get carried away now and then!
Dh and I are especially attached to Tapestry of Dreams and the music to me seems so pure and heavenly. Ahhhhh.....I miss that parade. :( We listen to it at home quite often.
Your special place sounds great! Just the kind of place you would never find if you didn't take those drives.
Dh always says you can't really see America if you fly everywhere. LOL!

All of you have great pics! Thanks for sharing....can we go now?? I am ready to cruise :boat: LOL!

DMoss3377
11-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone!

Finally finished with my pics.

http://community.webshots.com/user/moss3377

I included some of my artsy fartsy ones that I have fun with. :)

Really brings back memories. I can hardly wait till we cruise again.

Thanks Dave for sharing your pics. Wish I'd had more time to get to know you and Fran better. Next cruise! :)

Denise...love your description of the ranch...read the whole thing. :) I remember you telling us about it at dinner on our first cruise. You write so well, I was able to envision everything. Might just have to check it out some day. :)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

tarzanman
11-05-2003, 02:12 PM
Everyone's pics look great! Damn we are cute! They don't really do the trip justice but they help piece some of it together.

faithmagicmickey
11-05-2003, 03:36 PM
:hyper:

After seeing all the pic today I can't wait to go. Yes you all look great. Thanks to all of you.

::yes:: :yo-yo: :tongue:

Faith

tchrmom
11-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Beano-

I guess I was just never in the right place. Maybe next time, I'll buy YOU a drink!

OK-since everyone else gave their story and I was too lazy to type ours the other night,........here's ours. Dave (XLT800) and I have been married 16 years. We've lived in Nashville, Atlanta, Memphis, Pittsburgh and now, Tampa. (Thanks, honey!) We have 2 children DS (12 at the end of November) and a DD 8.

We LOVE disney, and go to the parks as often as possible.

The end!
Oh, yeah, and they lived happily ever after. ::yes::

jiminyC_fan
11-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Just stopping by to say hello. Nothing new here. Just Christmas shopping. Want it done by the time we go to WDW in about 3 weeks. I love pictures. Keep them coming.

faithmagicmickey
11-06-2003, 03:41 PM
CHRISTMAS SHOPPING

WOW Yes we need to do this. I plan to do some in WDW in 3 weeks. Yes 3 weeks I can't wait.:Pinkbounc

DMoss3377
11-06-2003, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone...what a day! :crazy2: Is it time to go home yet.

Looks like everyone was busy today...not much activity on our thread.

Hope we all have a better day tomorrow. See you then!:wave2:

Snorgg
11-06-2003, 05:22 PM
I guess it's time to tell MY side of the 10/18 trip.
Let me start by saying that the trip as a whole was fantastic!
I too felt somewhat dismayed that I wasn't able to meet more of you folks! Now that I have viewed all of the picture links that have been posted, I feel a little better being able to put a few faces to their names!
The state room was nice...the food was pretty good, only one meal that I wasn't pleased with. Our boys had a blast, and seemed to be content with their clubs by being able to come and go as they pleased. I absolutely could not get enough of deck 10, day or night!
The onboard recreation was great ! Always something to do!
I met some really great folks and hope to stay in touch with them.
We're going to WDW for 2 weeks in July, taking our camper along, to FWC and if we can, we'll be booking for the 10/23!
So much to say, but not enough time! Working on posting some pics, then I'll get you all a link to see us !
Everyone have a great week, and please remember all of our Veterans on their special day !
Be well, Les

kamgen
11-07-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey Les! It was great to meet you! :tongue:

So, those of you who plan to celebrate Thanksgiving (thank goodness we get some days off work! LOL!) what are your plans???

Sure wish we were all cruising! :boat:

BeanoC
11-07-2003, 02:19 PM
Kamy, I know this guy who turns 40 on Thanksgiving Day, so if he's not working, I am going to see if he can celebrate a little.
Other than that, it's turkey dinner and football!! :teeth:

tarzanman
11-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Kamgen and Tarzanman are headed to Virginia Beach. Why we still don't know. Oh yeah, to visit with my brother and his wife. That's right. I haven't seen my Navy tied brother in over a year now so it will be nice to see him. He has been on a submarine in various parts of the world for most of the year while leaving his pregnant wife at home. I am sure that she is having a blast. So my parents and we are going to see them for Thanksgiving. Let' go eat some turkey!! :p

tchrmom
11-07-2003, 04:35 PM
Hey Beano, I know an 11 year old who will be celebrating his last year as a "tween" on the 28th. However, I don't think he'll party the same way you do! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Our plans? Stay home and eat turkey. Dave's parents, our neighbors (from the cruise) and my mom will be here.

Kamy, I'm with you...let's crusie!

skylynx
11-07-2003, 05:15 PM
For Thanksgiving this year we're going to do something totally non-traditional...we're flying to California and going to Carmel and Monterey to hang out with the sea lions and otters. We'll have thanksgiving dinner at a British pub called the Mucky Duck in Monterey (we called in advance to make sure it would be open Thanksgiving Day). John aka Impala is a Brit, so we're celebrating an alternative style Thanksgiving. Last year I made him turkey and the whole nine yards and it took me three days to clean up the kitchen and even longer to liberate us from our leftovers. Fish and chips for me this year! Will make obligatory turkey weekend before/after and watch DVD of Miracle on 34th St. to simulate actual holiday. We plan to spend lots of time on our trip staring out to the Pacific, dreaming about our upcoming cruises, hitting all our favorite wineries, and not thinking AT ALL about carbs. :-)

BeanoC
11-07-2003, 06:05 PM
Denise, that sounds great!! Are you going to the aquarium too?

There is an awesome Bed and Breakfast that we frequent down there called Green Gables. No better way to spend a weekend in Monterey/Carmel than to stay there with an ocean view! :)

Have a great time.

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-08-2003, 06:40 AM
The cold has come to New Jersey. It went from 70's to 30's overnight!:crazy2:

I am just like Sandy (who you will all love), I want everything for Christmas done before I leave for WDW in three weeks. Yesterday was dedicated to starting to put up the Christmas decorations. My Christmas Mickey's are sitting on the steps, the snowmen are in their homes, wall hangings up, but now I need the tree & outside decorations up. I just don't want my neighbors to think I am too crazy:crazy: (as if they don't know that already)!

I really can't wait for the cruise:boat:and meeting everyone :grouphug:. Can you feel the love? Have a great day & weekend. Toodles :wave2: ::MickeyMo JEANNE

skylynx
11-08-2003, 11:10 AM
Hey, Beano

Oh yes...we won't miss the aquarium. We've been there a couple of times (had a tech conference each January in Monterey for three years running...conveniently). We'll be taking the seventeen mile drive and going out to Point Lobos, plus I'm a Robinson Jeffers fan and will make my regular pilgrimage to Tor House in Carmel. We also love going out to Chateau Julien and trying to keep the rental car on the twisty roads after so many wine tastings! This trip was planned by my wonderful DF (designated fiance) so I don't know where we're staying. In the past we stayed at the Best Western on Munras St. in a giant room with a fireplace. We'll definitely check out Green Gables and plan perhaps for the next time...how far do you live from Monterey? If it isn't too far and you'd like a good excuse to skip the day after Thanksgiving shopping mania we'll be around!

Denise + John

XLT800
11-09-2003, 08:54 AM
DsnyDudetteTwo,

My neighbors call me Clark Griswald this time of year. I started putting up my lights yesterday. I like to turn them on Thanksgiving night so I must start early. Let the Holidays begin!! Time to go put more lights up!

Dave

faithmagicmickey
11-09-2003, 07:44 PM
:wave2: Hi all,

Hope everone had a great weekend. I for one had to work.

It is sooooooooo cold here. I had to put on my big Mickey sweatshirt. :earsboy:

At least I will be in sunny Florida in less than 3 weeks. :hyper:
for Thanksgiving. WOW I can't wait.

I have a question?
What diner seating time do all of you have? I have 1st at 6pm because of my DD's diabetes. I'm also going to request rotation APLAPLA. I wanted that cuz the formal night should be at Lumiere's, I hope.
Do you know If I can request the dinner rotation before I go?

Anyway bye for now:wave2:

Faith

kamgen
11-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Happy Monday everyone!!!:wave2:

It was only 25 degrees this morning and I am in bad need of some :sunny: .....

This cruise is way too far off! LOL!::yes::

tarzanman
11-10-2003, 10:32 PM
After 4 hours of restoring my laptop at home, I finally got this thing back on the DIS. Where is everyone?

DMoss3377
11-11-2003, 08:47 AM
Hi Timmay!!!

Not sure where everyone else is, but I'm at work on this cold day. Been quite busy too. Hope to be active on the thread soon.

Have a great day everyone!

kamgen
11-11-2003, 08:51 AM
I'm here too....working of course! We warmed up to 50 degrees (yeah, like that is warm!) and have fog and rain.....oh well!

I will just picture myself on Castaway Cay, sitting in a chair with my feet in the water, sipping on a drink with the ship in the distance.....ahhhhhhh

I miss all my cruise pals! :grouphug:

jiminyC_fan
11-11-2003, 10:15 AM
I'm here. Just been busy playing with our new truck that we got on Saturday.

It sure is cold here too. Oh, to be on that beach at Castaway Cay!

Thanksgiving will be a day at my brothers. Yahoo, no cooking for me this year. All I have to bring is homemade rolls.

Faith, we have the first dinner seating also. I have never heard that anyone was able to get the rotation they wanted by requesting. But, it doesn't hurt to try. Maybe being in the suite might help you. Who knows?

Sandy

tchrmom
11-11-2003, 11:48 AM
:sunny:

OK...........here is a little FL sun, thrown your way. It is breezy and 83 today. Low humidity. No school today! YEAH!!!!!

(tchrmom takes a few minutes to reflect on the true meaning behind Veteran's Day)

I know you guys complain about the cold weather.....but it still is kind of weird eating Thanksgiving day dinner, with the AC on.

Have a great day!:wave2:
Fran

kamgen
11-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Oh Fran....we don't feel sorry for you at all! LOL!!!!:hyper:
We will be in VA, and I doubt it will be any warmer for us.....oh well...I plan to stay indoors as much as possible!
We will move to FL someday....hopefully sooner rather than later! Then I will happily wear shorts and kick on the AC as I eat my turkey dinner! LOL!!!

::yes::

faithmagicmickey
11-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Hi all :wave:
It's still very cold here in Ma. :mad:
Had to work today but it was slow but good money because of the holiday today.

I want to be at CC too.

Sandy, Thank you, maybe we will get the same rotation::yes::

Fran, I feel sorry for you, NOT:rolleyes:
Actually, it must be weird. I will find out this Thanksgiving. I will be at WDW. This is a 1st for me.

How you all have a great night,
Faith:wave2:

tchrmom
11-11-2003, 05:07 PM
Kamy.....
If your smart, when you move to FL, and build your pool, you'll have it solar heated. That way, after eating turkey....you can swim.

(if you don't get the solar heater, these 68 degree nights really lower your pool temp.)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!:sunny: :hyper: :sunny: :hyper:
Fran

DMoss3377
11-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Oh you guys...stop all this talk about warm weather...it makes me miss sunny CC sooo much. :(

Just taking a break from homework...yuck...this going to college while working thing sucks. :) LOL I know...it's worth it. :)

Let's see...my Dad is coming up for Thanksgiving so I'll be cooking...yay! NOT! But it's just going to be me, DH and my Dad, so not so much to cook. :)

As for dinner on the cruise, we're on the late seating.

And hey Kamy, when you move to FL and get that solar heated pool...can I come play in it with you? :)

Later gang...

tchrmom
11-11-2003, 08:44 PM
DMoss..............

We LIVE in FL and already have a solar heated pool! Come on Down!:sunny:

Fran and Dave

DMoss3377
11-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Fran...you guys are awesome! Be careful what you offer, I may take you up on it. I have family that lives in Lutz, not far from you at all. :)

Thanks! :bounce:

kamgen
11-12-2003, 09:02 AM
Party at Fran's house!!!!:cool1:

Well, we are planning the move....let's hope it happens sooner rather than later....we are due for some snow tomorrow!!!!!:earseek:

tchrmom
11-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Dave and I are always up for a party!

Just let me pull the cover off the pool, and we're ready to go. (If you don't cover the pool, you'll loose the heat at night.)

Who needs a towel?:scratchin

DMoss3377
11-12-2003, 10:14 AM
:bounce: ME! :bounce: ME! :bounce: ME!

I so wish I could take you up on that offer...right now! LOL

Thanks Fran!

kamgen
11-13-2003, 08:39 AM
Me too Fran! Me too!!!!!!!::yes::

jiminyC_fan
11-13-2003, 08:42 AM
It is going to be a somewhat sunny day here. Wish I could have that swimming pool. Boy does that sound good to me right now. Just to kick back and have some "me time". Both of my girls had surgeries yesterday so I was running back and forth between two girls. I need a vacation!!! Oh that's right, I have one in 2 weeks and I get to meet Faith. :Pinkbounc :bounce:

tarzanman
11-13-2003, 11:54 AM
I'll take you up on the pool offer too.

faithmagicmickey
11-13-2003, 07:02 PM
I will take that pool offer as well :Pinkbounc
I had to close my pool last month:mad:

it's not bad here in Ma today mild but very very windy. bad hair day:crazy: lol:bounce:

Yes Sandy only 2 weeks til WDW!!!:tongue: :hyper: ::yes::

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-14-2003, 09:54 AM
Our two day shopping excursion in Rehobeth Beach, Delaware, turned out to be rather exciting due to the weather. Joyce & I did shop til' we dropped but, when we went to take the ferry home, they told us at the gate the ferry was not running!:eek:
The winds were really strong & my car has fog lights on the roof so it is all over the road. Now it is 6:45 PM, dark, super windy & I have to drive home, try to keep the car on the road, & don't know where I'm going!:scared: It all worked out okay & once we got out of Delaware (which is flat) the driving was much better & we ended up getting home before we would have gotten home on the ferry.

Getting very excited for WDW on 11/29/03 :jumping3: Waiting for new family room furniture to be delivered & then the Christmas tree is going up.

Have a great weekend. I am off to work Saturday & Sunday. Toodles:wave2: ::MickeyMo JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
11-14-2003, 12:35 PM
Hi guys, just checking in.

Thanks for the diet, Faith. Hopefully, I will lose as much as Kamy has. No more cruising fat anymore. I want to be thin.

Jeanne, I can just see you and Joyce getting lost in Delaware. I can just picture the two of you going crazy. I bet you needed a bushwacker after that one! ::yes:: Poor Bonnie, after this last week we will definitely need to have a couple in Florida!! Enjoy that new furniture.

Nothing planned for this weekend. Hopefully it will be a quiet one and can get some things done around the house. We are installing a new home theater system. I want it done so we can finally enjoy it.

Have a great weekend everyone. Sandy

faithmagicmickey
11-14-2003, 04:49 PM
:wave2: Hi all Happy T G I F. I had a very long week, thank God now it's over. :D
Now I have a nice 3 day weekend.
Very busy tomorrow in the am Kristy's Chiuahua puppy (Lucky) has to go to puppy school. He is only 4 months old. He is so cute is only 2 lbs. In the afternoon Kristy and I are going to Filenes to have a make over. That will be fun, we have not done this in a while.

Sunday however is a very sad day for us, it's the anniversary of my son David's death (11 yrs) He was 16 years old when he was hit by a car. We miss him very much. We just plan to have a very quiet day, have brunch with family then in the afternoon go pay David a visit.
It also marks a birthday for the man who has David's heart. His name is Jim and he is a great man he also has a great heart(I should know) You know the funny thing is I find it harder on David's birthday than the day he died. This year is the 1st yr I did not have to work on Nov 16, But I will never work on his birthday.
Monday is going to be a chill out day, we will try to get more Christmas stuff out and maybe start packing.

WOW can't wait less than 2 weeks before we go to WDW!!!::yes::

Sandy, your very welcome you will do fine.

Hope everone has a great weekend. Always have fun!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-14-2003, 06:56 PM
FAITH: First of all you have my sincere sympathy. Having three children of my own I can not imagine the horror of losing a child. This year a dear woman we worked with passed away & on her birthday her children & husband had a picnic at her gravesite & I know she looked down & smiled:hug:

Now to my puppy story.... When my husky was a puppy we went to training & the instructor said "husky's are really uncontrollable". He wanted me to use a "pinch" chocker & I said forget it! Well needless to say he failed puppy school but now he is SOOOOO good. He just needed to grow out of the puppy
crazies. I hope your puppy does well but if not just remember there is hope. So if anyone is thinking of getting a Siberian Husky - Go for it! Mine is the most lovable, sweet dog you could possible imagine.

Hope you all have a great weekend! Think of me working hard at the hospital. Toodles:wave2: ::MickeyMo JEANNE

DMoss3377
11-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Faith: My sympathies as well. Since I don't have children yet, I can only imagine the loss you and your family must feel. It's wonderful that you all can remember and honor him in such a way. :D

Now, talking puppies...I have two dogs, a Bichon Frise(Gizmo) and a Miniature Schnauzer(Ashley). Ashley was a terrible puppy...she had seperation anxiety and until she grew out of it we couldn't leave her out of her crate when we weren't home. The couple of times we did, she pulled up a huge section of the lanoleum in our kitchen and in our master bathroom...LOL....we had planned on re-doing the floors in both rooms, but not at that time. So the floors got moved to the top of our to do list. :teeth:
She couldn't be a better dog, she's always been so loving and affectionate, and she listens really well....now. :tongue: Gizmo has always been a laid back kind of dog...even tempered and sweet. We lucked out with both of them. :)

Well, hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll be quite busy this weekend.

:wave2:

jiminyC_fan
11-15-2003, 11:41 AM
Faith, I didn't realize that the anniversary of your son's death was coming up. It was such a tragedy to lose David so young. But, I think meeting his heart's recipient has given you some peace. You speak so highly of Jim and that warms MY heart!

I don't have a puppy story. We no longer have animals. With Ted and I approaching the empty nest we are traveling more and it wouldn't be fair to an animal. I love animals and honestly miss having them around.

Have a great weekend! :earsboy: Ted and :earsgirl: Sandy

faithmagicmickey
11-15-2003, 12:27 PM
:wave: Hi all,
Thank you Jeanne, Dana & Sandy for your sympathy. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about David. He was a great person.

Yes Sandy knowing Jim does give me some peace. He he so nice. He and his wife were at Kristy's wedding and he danced with her. :D

Jeanne, Yes I think your friend did look down on her family and smiled when they had there picnic. On David's birthday we always go to his gravesite and tie balloons on the tree next to his stone. It makes us feel better, and I hope he too smiles down on us.

Oh, Jeanne Kristy said that she wishes she never took her puppy to training school. They did not use the "pinch" chocker but some of the advise the instructor gives is crazy.

I have a question. Can any of you define a "Lap Dog"? I'm asking because the instructor told Kristy that there is no such thing. I told Kristy to get her money back.:mad: Oh well what can we do?

Well got to go and get ready for our make over now. Hopefully that will go better than puppy school.::yes::

Talk to you soon,

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-17-2003, 09:07 AM
The more I thought about Puppy School, the more the memories kept flooding back of how I DREADED Puppy School Day:scared:. Dodger dog my husky loved it but the instructor used to look at us & roll his eyes :rolleyes:

What a great weekend I had at work! The nicest patients, only a few deliveries & party on Sunday with Panzarotti's. I think Panzarotti's may be a New Jersey thing but they call them "pizza turnovers" other places. It is pizza cheese & tomato sauce inside of dough that is deep fried. THE DIETER'S DELIGHT!

Today is my catch-up day after working the weekend - wash, phone calls, food shopping, etc. Hope you all have a great day & week. The weather is really nice this AM. Toodles:wave2: ::MickeyMo JEANNE

DMoss3377
11-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Hi Jeanne!

Glad to hear you had a nice weekend. Mine was so busy, I need another one to recover. My classes this semester are really kicking my butt...I keep telling my manager that work is interfering with my classes...lol...she just smiles and says get back to work. LOL I'm only half way through my 20 year plan...LOL.

More puppy stories...I just took both of my dogs to PetSmart for grooming this weekend. The groomers just gushed about how good they both were and how Ashley(min schnauzer) was like a baby. Everytime they picked her up she just cuddled up in their arms like a baby...LOL. Why aren't they that good at home...LOL...she's a bundle of energy at home! :hyper: :hyper:

Well, back to work. Hope everyone has a great day! How's everyone's holiday planning shaping up? Still haven't done any shopping yet...LOL

jiminyC_fan
11-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Hi guys,

The 20 year school plan, huh? That's funny. My dd's boyfriend is on that same plan. :teeth:

My Christmas gifts are pretty much bought and if not bought I know exactly what to buy. What an easy Christmas I am having. Just have to find time to put up the tree before we leave for WDW and I would love to get the cards done, too.

Well, gotta run. I am having lunch with a few of the dis'ers from our last cruise. We are meeting at Bahama Breeze. How appropriate, right?

See ya. Sandy

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-17-2003, 08:10 PM
SANDY: So lunch at the Bahama Breeze huh? Now you're the lucky one!:hyper: I am really jealous that you have your shopping almost done & even know what you are going to buy. I not only have Christmas but both of my son's were born in December - one on the 16th & one on the 29th and I have no idea what to buy them for either Christmas or their birthdays.

Are all the 23rd Cruisers going to WDW after the cruise? Joyce & I are planning to go at least for a few days & go to the Halloween Party (we have never been). Where are you planning on staying? Are you all going to the Halloween Party on the 31st? I have been to to MVMCP before but never there at Halloween.

Less than two weeks until we leave for WDW. Getting very excited!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Have a great week. The bad weather is coming our way. Toodles:wave2: ::MickeyMo JEANNE

tchrmom
11-17-2003, 08:45 PM
:sunny:
Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a great weekend.
We were lucky enough to go and get a "quick Disney Fix" on Sat. We had not been since before THE cruise. We rode the new mission ride at EPCOT. Very cool! Dave wasn't that thrilled with it, but he's not crazy about "spinning things". Actually, I never felt like I was spinning. I felt like I was IN a rocket, taking off! Again, VERY cool!

Ahhhhh, I love Bahama Breezes'. We have one in Clearwater. I haven't been in ages, but thinking about it, puts me in the mood for Coconut prawns!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Fran:wave:

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-18-2003, 07:56 AM
Some habits are really hard to break. I find it very hard to stay in bed after 6 AM even if there is no work & no dog in the house to walk. I leave for work at 6 AM on my work days & I just can't sleep any later than 6 AM. You will find Joyce & I on the upper decks having coffee & tea at 6 AM on the cruise (sometimes in our P.J.'s)!:eek:

I share "joint custody" of my husky with my son & right now he is at his other house. When I have to work I don't like the dog alone for 12 hours so he goes to my son's. He really did start out as my SON'S dog but anyone who has kids knows what that means.

Just waiting for the Post Office to open. Thanksgiving cards to mail & stamps to buy. Hope you all have a really great day.:sunny: Toodles:wave2: ::MickeyMo JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
11-18-2003, 10:18 AM
That's not fair, Fran. Get a quick fix for Disney whenever. I am not sure if I am up to Mission Space. I have not even done Rockn roller coaster or Tower of Terror. Maybe you can help me to decide. I am scared mainly of roller coasters because of the drops. I do Splash Mtn and Space Mtn pretty good however. Hmmmm. What to do??????? I only have 2 weeks to decide. Help!

Bahama Breeze was great! I have had the prawns before and are they ever yummy!

We had such hight winds yesterday. I felt like Jeanne did last week. I thought for sure that it was going to blow my Suburban to Kansas. "there's no place like home, there's no place like home". :hyper:

Jeanne, Ted and I are not going to WDW after the cruise next year. I still have time to change my mind but as of now, no.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to catch the Candlelight Procession if I don't have dinner ressies? Where is a good place to stand and how soon before it starts do we show up?

Have a great day everyone. Sandy:wave:

jiminyC_fan
11-18-2003, 10:20 AM
That is true. Jeanne and Joyce can be seen in their PJ's early morning having coffee. Too funny! :earseek:

DMoss3377
11-18-2003, 12:08 PM
Jeanne..

My DH and I will be going to WDW after the cruise. We just became DVC members on our last cruise...so we'll be staying at the new Saratoga Springs Resort! We're so excited. :hyper: :hyper:

:)

nicurnc
11-18-2003, 01:28 PM
Hi jiminyC_fan!

I'm only on this thread as a looker/lurker...I sailed with some of these guys on the 10/18 Eastern. Didn't get the chance to chat with many , tho. (Never found out where the big party at Beano's was...I mean, knew it was IN his stateroom, never was told what number :confused: )

Anyway, felt I had to speak up about MS! I loved this ride! I think it's my new favorite, and I can relate about RnR and TOT :eek:

This is just a very cool simulator ride. I rode it five times...it got better every time, too ::yes::
You get to pay attention to the ride instead of worrying about what comes next. I talked people into staying on line for the ride every time we rode, and they were all glad they did. You don't feel the spinning. It's just a great example of Disney imagineering!. Make yourself do it, at least once!

Loretta :wave2:

faithmagicmickey
11-18-2003, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DsnyDudetteTwo

Are all the 23rd Cruisers going to WDW after the cruise? Joyce & I are planning to go at least for a few days & go to the Halloween Party (we have never been). Where are you planning on staying? Are you all going to the Halloween Party on the 31st? I have been to to MVMCP before but never there at Halloween.

Jeanne, My family and I are going to WDW after the cruise we already booked the GF for 5 days after. We are also going to book (as soon as they let us) the Halloween party on the 31st. I know you have to book very early.:crazy: Iv'e never been to party before. In fact i've never been to any of the partys before. The MVMCP on Dec 2nd will be my 1st.

:cool1: only 8 days left :cool1: to go. Can't wait. I must start to pack.:jumping1:

PS: HAPPY 75TH BIRTHDAY MICKEY MOUSE :hug: :love1::earseek:

jiminyC_fan
11-18-2003, 05:40 PM
Thanks Loretta! You made me feel much better. I will have to keep saying, I can do this, I can do this all through the line but will probably be happy that I DID do it.

tchrmom
11-18-2003, 09:25 PM
Someone told me to concentrate on the screen in front of you. Don't look from side to side. I did this and NEVER felt like I was spinning. However, we LOVE TOT and RAR! So, maybe I'm a bad one to ask.:hyper:
Fran

Beano...how goes the editing?

jiminyC_fan
11-19-2003, 04:48 PM
Where is everyone? There is no one to talk to. Poor me!:(

faithmagicmickey
11-19-2003, 05:03 PM
:hug: Oh Sandy don't cry here is a big hug for you. Just think you will be on vacation soon.
I will be back on but right now I have to shut down to put my new computer in. :teeth:

Be back soon ,
Faith

jiminyC_fan
11-19-2003, 05:44 PM
Hi Faith, so you got that new computer, huh? We need one but Ted doesn't think so. This one is so slow and has its problems. Twelve days left for me and less for you!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

faithmagicmickey
11-19-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by jiminyC_fan
Hi Faith, so you got that new computer, huh? We need one but Ted doesn't think so. This one is so slow and has its problems. Twelve days left for me and less for you!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

:cool1: Yes Sandy single digits for me :hyper:

I'm finally on my new computer, It was not too hard to install.:D
Oh Sandy I sent you an e-mail.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow.

Have Fun,

jiminyC_fan
11-20-2003, 08:48 AM
My goodness, where is everyone?

DMoss3377
11-21-2003, 04:27 PM
Hi jiminyC_fan,

I guess everyone's been busy. I've been trying to catch up on some homework and my Dad just came into town today for Thanksgiving.

Well, I hope everyone has a nice holiday next week. I'm sure the board will pick up again after the holidays when we're all not so busy. :hyper: At least I know I'll be on more often then. :teeth:

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-22-2003, 11:26 AM
Just wanted to stop in & say "Good Morning":sunny:. It is a beautiful, sunny day in New Jersey & this time next week I will be in that OTHER sunny place - WDW::MickeyMo with the man Mickey Mouse. I can't wait:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc . Joyce & I have a really early from out of Atlantic City.

Hope you all have a terrrific weekend. Toodles:wave2: ::MickeyMo JEANNE

Spud
11-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Hi Everyone!

Wow - I haven't checked in for a while and I had a lot of catching up to do.

For those of you who don't know us, Dave (Footer) and I cruised with Beano and the gang in October. We live in a suburb of Chicago with our two kids - Alyssa (soon to be 13) and Danny (9). Dave is a chemical engineer and travels a lot for work (he's in China right now) and I teach Computer Science at a state university. On this cruise we will be neighbors with Dana and Steve (you guys better not make too much noise ;) ).

I am so jealous of those of you who are going to Disney soon. We don't have any vacations planned until this one.

Fran reminded me, Beano - is your production ready yet? You promised it by Thanksgiving, didn't you? I think you have the right idea using a Mac. I'm trying to put together a slide show in Windows and the thing keeps blowing up on me. UGH!

Wish I was cruising instead of sitting here in dreary cold Chicago!

~Cindy~

jiminyC_fan
11-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Hi guys,

Jeez, Jeanne. You don't have to brag! It is a cold snowy day here in Denver. The roads are terribly icy. Makes me look forward to the trip to sunny Florida after Thanksgiving.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Sandy

faithmagicmickey
11-22-2003, 05:02 PM
:wave: Hi all,

The weather here in Boston is warm but wet. :D

Sorry Sandy about all your snow. Be careful if you have to drive. Tell Ted to have way tooooo much fun with the snow plow. My DH still does that sometimes, but only when we get lots of snow. WAY TOO MUCH FUN

Nice to meet you Spud:) we should have lots of fun on the cruise.

Sandy & Jeanne
I can't wait to meet you guys at WDW I only have 4 days to go. :cool1:

Bad day in work today very busy.:mad: Anyway if it's this busy for the rest of the week it will go by very fast:hyper: Then it's time to go to WDW ::yes::

HAVE A GREAT ONE,

Faith :wave2:

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-23-2003, 10:27 AM
SANDY: Don't complain about your snow. I love snow & all four seasons. Can't wait for our first BIG snowstorm!::yes:: I am looking forward to the sunny:sunny: Florida weather too!

Can't wait to meet you Faith! Sandy & Ted I can't wait to see you both!:love1:

It is hard to think of the Cruise in October when I leave Saturday for WDW. I just can't wait I am SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED:Pinkbounc . I feel sorry for all the people who have to work with me this coming Monday, Tuesday & Thursday. Toodles:wave2: ::MickeyMo JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
11-23-2003, 06:19 PM
:wave: Hi all, Just checking in

Just got home from work and another very hard busy day. Way too many sick people, I feel so bad for them. :(

I hope everone is doing ok and had a great weekend.

WOW just 3 days to go:jumping1: :jumping1:

See ya tomorrow,

tarzanman
11-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Hello all!

This has been an interesting weekend so far. Went to a Leukemia fundraiser on Friday night, where we got news that the woman that we are helping has found a marrow match. Saturday morning we got word about a death in the family. Michigan kicked the crap out of Ohio State so it helped make the day at least a little bit better. Today the lowly Detroit Lions got beat again. Whatever! We can always hold out hope for a win on Thanksgiving. Dreaming we are.

DMoss3377
11-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Hi Tarzanman & Kamy,

My deepest sympathies for your loss. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Many hugs and much love to you.

tarzanman
11-24-2003, 01:01 PM
Thanks sweety! You are so nice.

tchrmom
11-24-2003, 05:20 PM
Tarzann and Kamy,

Dave and I are sorry for your loss, also.
We'll be thinking of you.

Fran

jiminyC_fan
11-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Ted and I are sorry for your loss.

faithmagicmickey
11-24-2003, 06:30 PM
tarzanman & Kammy,
I'm so sorry for your loss, your in my prayers.

Great news about the bone marrow match.

GO MICHIGAN!!!

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-25-2003, 05:56 AM
This is my AM routine when the dog is home. He has a routine of being walked at 5 AM which is okay since I am an early riser (even on vacation). The only problem is the COLD! The temps really dropped last night. So I am usually the first one posting on the East Coast.

Only four more days until WDW. Getting very excited
:jumping1:. I can't wait. Have a great day. Toodles :wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

DMoss3377
11-25-2003, 08:42 AM
Hey Spud (Cindy)!

The way I hear it is that you guys are the ones to watch out for...we're bringing ear plugs just in case...LOL Just kidding, we'll all be partying so much we won't be in our rooms that much anyway! :bounce:

Well, it's a beautifully COLD morning here, plenty of sunshine, but only in the 30's. Last day at work this week! Yippee!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Be safe and have tons of fun!!!

jiminyC_fan
11-25-2003, 10:05 AM
OMG, Faith. I just saw your countdown timer. It is so close for you. Have a good flight down and see you on the 3rd. Sandy

faithmagicmickey
11-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Oh my God Sandy I can hardly wait:jumping1: :jumping1:
You also have a safe trip.

Hi all have a very happy Thanksgiving::yes::

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-26-2003, 06:00 AM
FAITH: Have a safe trip:angel: Looking forward to meeting you on Wednesday. Joyce & I leave on Saturday & can't wait. I am very excited:jumping1:. It looks like we are keeping the board alive. Where are all the 10/23/04 cruisers?

Have a great day & a Happy Thanksgiving. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
11-26-2003, 08:46 AM
:wave2: Bye Faith. See you on Wednesday! :wave:

faithmagicmickey
11-27-2003, 03:15 AM
:wave: Hi all
it's 3:00am and we are just leaving.

Sandy, Just to let you know I sent you an e-mail about Kristy (very sick) last night. She is much better now. We are on our way.
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
see you Wed.

Faith:wave2: :D

DisneylandDarren
11-27-2003, 08:09 AM
I've just put my deposit down and now I will be joining you all, Yeah!!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

This will be my 5th seven night Disney cruise and I'm very excited as I've managed to get the stateroom I had on my very first cruise, 6133! (OK so it's only catagory 11 but I'm cruising alone so it's good enough for me!)

Also I'm part of the October 19th 2002 cruisers group on our wonderful reunion cruise, so I have to say hi to Sandy & Jeanne who I can see are already busy posting here.

Well it looks like it's going to be a great cruise. I can't believe how many Dis'ers are already booked and were still just under 11 months out. I think this is going to be a real DIS event!!!

All I can say is roll on October 23rd!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

jiminyC_fan
11-27-2003, 02:37 PM
Darren, so glad you found the thread. I am soooo happy that we are sailing with you again. Ted and I really look forward to seeing you again. Jeanne and Joyce will love it too. Too bad that they aren't across from you this time!

Faith, (or Eugene ;) ), I am so glad that Kristy is doing better. It really concerned me. Please, when you hear from them tell them I am thinking of them and hope that she is feeling much better. I can't wait to hear about their Thanksgiving meal at GF.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Sandy

Yea, Darren is going!:jumping1: :cool1:

faithmagicmickey
11-27-2003, 05:43 PM
hi all, this is eugene, i talk to faith and kristy, they arrive in disney world around 1030 or so this morning. Kristy was feeling much better this morning. They were at the Magic Kingdom all day today and will be taking the tour of all the parks tommorrow. Long day tommorrow but well worth it. Boy i am jealus of them, i am stuck going to work all week. Talk to you guys later.

Eugene

DsnyDudetteTwo
11-28-2003, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the update on Kristy. Hope she just keeps getting healthier & healthier.

DARREN: The Dudettes are so happy you will be on the cruise with us. This time we are across the hall from Sandy & Ted.

Fellow cruisers - you will absolutely love Darren & what a great singer he is - look out KARAOKE!

Well Joyce & I are off to Florida :sunny: tomorrow. I pick her up at 4 AM. Our flight in 7 AM from Atlantic City. Can't wait to see MM::MickeyMo Lots of last minute things to do!:rotfl:

Be back in a week. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

DisneylandDarren
11-29-2003, 03:25 PM
Jeanne - Oh you've got me blushing now you mentioned my singing, OK so I don't know if I'm that good. Thank you for the great complement! I'll have to start walming up for the on-board karaoke! :teeth:

It will be great to see you and Joyce on the cruise, but whats happening with Bonnie? Is she coming, is she still deciding? Also what deck are you on? Oh I'm full of questions!!!

Sandy - Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. :D

jiminyC_fan
11-29-2003, 04:19 PM
First of all, Jeanne made it to WDW. The bad thing is that she said it was in the 40's last night and that they were freezing. She said it should warm up next week.

Darren, we are all on the *th deck. Speaking of singing, Faith likes to sing, too. Can you play the piano? She is looking for someone because she has one in her Walt Disney Suite. She likes to sing but can't play the piano. Thanks for asking, our Thanksgiving was very nice.

Better close. We have plans to decorate the tree tonight and I have a million things to do.

DMoss3377
12-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Hey gang...

Well, I take it we're all thoroughly busy with the holidays and all. I've been so busy I haven't been able to do anything, no decorating, no shopping....ugh! LOL

Well, hope everyone is safe and happy this holiday season!

faithmagicmickey
12-06-2003, 05:06 PM
hi all, faith and kristy were suppose to fly into boston today from orlando, but because of the weather today in boston and their connecting city, their flights were cancel until tommorrow hopefully. Boston will still be getting snow. will keep you updated.

eugene

disneydudette1
12-09-2003, 03:27 PM
Hi...I am Disney Dudette #1...I just wanted to thank Faith for thinking of me when you all met up with Jeanne, Joyce and Sandy in WDW. I still am not committed to any cruise yet in 2004.

Faith...I see you were flying into Boston...most of my relatives live up there...originally in Dorchester but now in Stoughton, Rockland and Braintree...are you anywhere near any of those places? Your cruising with a great bunch of people!

faithmagicmickey
12-09-2003, 03:28 PM
Well, we finally made it home. Got stuck in Orlando for 2 extra days cuz Boston was closed down. Due to all the snow. Well I'll tell ya, if I had to get stuck somewere it may as will be there:tongue: .
The trip was great, way too much fun. Can't wait til the cruise.

Jeanne and Sandy let me know if you are ok and made it home ok.

thanks,

tarzanman
12-10-2003, 04:09 PM
Glad that you made it home safe.

Can't wait to get this Christmas thing going. I have to go shopping or Kamy isn't going to get anything this year. I have just been going crazy. Good luck everyone!!!

jiminyC_fan
12-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Hi guys, we are back. We didn't get to stay an extra 2 days like Faith. It had snowed here but we left yesterday in the Orlando rain. It was absolutely wonderful meeting Faith and Kristy. I wish we could have had more time with them. We had a 3 hour lunch that seemed like only an hour. MVMVP was a blast. My two new favorites are WISHES and Mickey's Philharmagic. Both are must sees!!

jiminyC_fan
12-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Just passing on that DisneyDudette1, Bonnie, just went in for an appendectomy today. In fact, she is in surgery as I type. Please send pixie dust her way. Sandy

faithmagicmickey
12-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Faith...I see you were flying into Boston...most of my relatives live up there...originally in Dorchester but now in Stoughton, Rockland and Braintree...are you anywhere near any of those places? Your cruising with a great bunch of people! [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes I'm in Stoughton. Send me an e-mail give me names. I will see if I know them.
Can't wait to cruise with all of you.

I'm sure glad all you guys made it back ok. It was not too bad staying 2 extra days. We stayed at the Hyatt. The only thing is that it cost me.:( The real bad thing was that the 2nd day, just before getting on the plane they called us up and said you can't get back to Boston today and that we could not get our bags back. I went to tell Kristy and she started to cry and said some her diabetic supplies were in one of the bags. She got so upset I thought I was going to have to take her to the hospital, because when she has any stress her Blood Sugar goes way up. The airline gave me such a hard time, but I was the only one that got all my bags back. I felt so bad for all the other people did not. It's a good thing I had money to stay. So I took Kristy to Downtown Disney for the day and we had a good time. Then finally got home late Monday afternoon. Anyway we are all fine home safe and sound and counting down til the cruise.
We are going to have the best time.
:hyper: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Have a great weekend,

faithmagicmickey
12-13-2003, 12:42 PM
Just passing on that DisneyDudette1, Bonnie, just went in for an appendectomy today. In fact, she is in surgery as I type. Please send pixie dust her way. Sandy

Best of luck Bonnie. Here is some Pixie Dust from Us:wizard:

love,
Faith, Mike, Kristy & Eugene:wave2:

DudetteTwo
12-16-2003, 08:10 PM
I really haven't been ignoring you guys but my computer crashed & then I couldn't find the thread again & had to ask Sandy to e-mail it to me.

FAITH & KRISTY: It was so great meeting you both. Thank you again for our surprise package. We had such a good time with those "jingle bells". Every time someone got lost we told them to ring their bell! Joyce & I flew out on time Friday but alot of flights north of Atlantic City were cancelled.

Just one more thing.... Fly EAGLES Fly on the road to victory...:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Back to work tomorrow. Hope you all have a great week. SHOP AWAY!!!!! Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
12-18-2003, 08:29 AM
Everyone must be busy with Christmas around the corner. Just wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays and hope that more of you surface soon. Sandy

PS You have me worried Faith. Haven't heard from you in a long time.

faithmagicmickey
12-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Everyone must be busy with Christmas around the corner. Just wanted to wish everyone Happy Holidays and hope that more of you surface soon. Sandy

PS You have me worried Faith. Haven't heard from you in a long time.

Sorry Sandy, I have been so busy. I sent you an email. I will have more time next week, I have Monday and Tuesday off. Work is way too busy.

My DH almost cut his baby finger this past Tuesday at work. He and his finger are fine but he is out of work for a week.:(
Got to go now have a great weekend all. Iwill be at work.

DudetteTwo
12-20-2003, 08:11 AM
Just wanted to say "Good Morning". It is really cold but looks beautiful outside since there is a slight coating of frost/snow on the ground. Hope you are all getting ready for the holidays.

The boards are very quiet. Hope you all have a terrific weekend and also a very productive weekend if you still have shopping.
Toodles :wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

DudetteTwo
12-22-2003, 09:14 AM
What happened to this board? It started out with a bang & now it pooped-out! I guess everyone's busy getting ready for Santa.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

tarzanman
12-22-2003, 01:52 PM
Only 5 more days till we leave!!! WDW is going to warm up just in time for me, Kamgen and Dmoss to get there. Cannot wait!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :tongue:

jiminyC_fan
12-24-2003, 08:41 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!!!

faithmagicmickey
12-29-2003, 06:10 AM
:wave: Hi all

How is everone? Long time no talk to. I hope you all had a great Christmas. We have all been sick here, but we are feeling much better now. Way too many people in the hospital with that flu, I have to put on a mask before I go into the patients rooms. :( NOT FUN!!!:(

Anyway we must get this thread going again. The cruise is less than 300 days. COME ON PEOPLE!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc ::yes::

We all gave eachother a christmas gift, we booked aother trip to WDW for next Dec 11th to the 17th. Kristy and I want to bring the men to see WDW at Christmas.
We are only staying 2 days at WDW now after the cruise in Oct so that we would all have enough vacation time to take the Dec trip as well.

Hey, Sandy and Dudett's are you guys going next year?:yo-yo:

So people lets get going on this thread and talk to eachother.:rotfl:

Have a great one,

jiminyC_fan
12-29-2003, 10:48 AM
Hi Faith, I am here. I will talk to you! We had a very nice Christmas. We were going to have Ted's dad and lady friend over but he got sick so we changed plans. We went to TWO movies and got out late. So....instead of a ham dinner, we had hot dogs at 7-11. LOL! It was fun.

No, we aren't going to WDW next year. I think Ted needs a break. I don't want to burn him totally out of Disney! Something I know that I could do! I bet the Dudettes go though. They seem to go every year. I know that Jeanne and Joyce will be going a couple of days after the cruise. We can get free passes for a day or two. Maybe, just maybe, I could talk Ted into going AFTER. I will bring that up to him LATER.

Let's hear from more of you!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE !!!!!!

tchrmom
12-30-2003, 04:03 PM
Beano.........
Greetings from FL!
What's the word with the '03 cruise cd?

Fran:sunny:

faithmagicmickey
12-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Hi all, Just checking in. Had a real crappy day in work 1/2 my shift called in sick with the flu. I feel great, thank God.:hyper:
Anyway just crusing the net. see ya soon.

DudetteTwo
12-31-2003, 08:44 AM
I could not log on again! It kept telling me I was "unregistered" but now I'm back:tongue:

FAITH: So sorry to hear your family was ill for the holidays but glad you're feeling better. The Dudettes (Joyce & Jeanne) are planning on staying a few days after the cruise & doing the Halloween Party. We will probably stay about four days. I CAN NOT go to WDW in December again. I haven't recuperated financially from the trip yet!

Going to a "optional black tie" tonight for New Year's Eve with my new boyfriend:teeth: at a Country Club. I found a great black dress with a short jacket. My underwear cost as much as my dress!

Hope you all have a healthy & happy NewYear. Toodles :wave: :earsgirl: JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
12-31-2003, 04:36 PM
Jeanne, Cool new boyfriend. Hope you have a great time tonight:cool1:
your too funny about the underwear:crazy: but I know what you mean. But do have a great time.

I'm not going out tonight because this year it's my turn to work New Years Day. I don't mind it should go by fast.
We are all feeling great now. We had an early pig out pizza fest, then we go to bed early. Ya never know I may be up to watch the ball drop???:hyper:

I hope you all have a great healthy and happy new year.

I plan to loose weight, get very healthy, get very very rich. Well maybe I can do 2 of the 3. Ha Ha Ha :rotfl:

Have a great one.

jiminyC_fan
12-31-2003, 05:21 PM
Jeanne, all I can say is you crack me up!!!!!! Have a great night!

Faith, don't work too hard tomorrow. Let me know about Kristy on Friday. My goal is to lose weight. Get rich??????I will never see that happen!

Have a safe evening everyone and a very happy new year.

disneydudette1
01-03-2004, 08:41 AM
Faith-my cousin lives on Park ave or street or something park. You can't see her house from the road...it is a log cabin style. She works as a waitress at a local 99. I don't know which town it is in though. Her name is Jeanne if you ever go in there. Funny, she and hubby cruise all the time. He works part time from home as some sort of cruise agent so they go either free or dirt cheap.

Have a happy New year.

Jeanne-did you need the underwear to get into the new dress???? LOL!

DudetteTwo
01-03-2004, 09:41 AM
Underwear $47.00, Dress $49.00 and, of course, I needed "body armor" to get into the dress & the body armor had to be strapless! It was all worth it because we had a great time! We went to his grandmother's house New Year's Day (a yearly tradition) & I met some of his 37 first cousins. He comes from a really nice, close Italian family. His mother introduced me as "Robert's friend" & I looked at him & he knew he was never going to hear the end of that introduction! Things are going really well :happy1: so I am almost afraid to jinx it. Yesterday his new Mortgage Company started so we'll see what happens from this point.

Hope you all had a great New Year no matter how you celebrated:jumping1: Hope the New Year finds & keeps you HEALTHY & HAPPY. Let's toast to new & old friendships:grouphug: As a matter of fact, let's toast to everything! Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

skylynx
01-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Hello Fellow 10/23 Magic Cruisers

Happy New Year...it is now 2004 and the year of our Magical Cruise! Have to shiver a bit with delight that less than six weeks from now we'll be on the 4 day Wonder again (Feb 8-12) including kids, aged parents, and sister severely in need of some Disney fun. More on that next post.

Skylynx and Impala (AKA Denise and John)

faithmagicmickey
01-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by disneydudette1
Faith-my cousin lives on Park ave or street or something park. You can't see her house from the road...it is a log cabin style. She works as a waitress at a local 99. I don't know which town it is in though. Her name is Jeanne if you ever go in there. Funny, she and hubby cruise all the time. He works part time from home as some sort of cruise agent so they go either free or dirt cheap.

Have a happy New year.

Jeanne-did you need the underwear to get into the new dress???? LOL!

There is a Park St in Stoughton and there are lots of houses you can see right on the road. I will take a look next time I go by that way. The hospital I work at is right off that street. There is a 99 in Easton and Canton. Give her a call I may know them????:chat:
Let me know.

Have a great one,
Faith

DudetteTwo
01-05-2004, 06:24 PM
Just dropping in for a quick "hello". The holidays have been really hectic & it feels like I haven't slept since Christmas & now I am going back to work tomorrow for three 12 hour days in a row:eek: . I hope I can handle it! I have worked my three 12 hour shifts since Christmas but not in a row like this week.

Hope you all have a great week. Can't even think about taking those decorations down yet.

Go EAGLES:bounce: Toodles:wave: :earsgirl: JEANNE

skylynx
01-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Hello, Everyone.

Can't stop myself from sharing this--nearly a year ago I was laid off from a great job as a writer along with my whole team. Two months later, my fiance got laid off, too. We struggled on unemployment for a few months then he got another job.

Anyway, I desperately wanted to take my parents on a Disney Cruise my fiance and I and my kids are taking Feb 8. I know there is no way they could afford it themselves--their monthly prescriptions alone are staggering! My dad is 80 and survived quintuple bypass surgery and my mom is 78 and battled breast cancer last year as well (prognosis is good). I felt that was a lot to celebrate.

After I'd had multiple job interviews with three different companies this fall, I felt confident that I would be hired and could come up with the money for my parents to go on our cruise with us. Well, all three companies decided to hold off hiring indefinitely. I was distraught, as I so wanted my kids to get to share this trip with my mom and dad while they are still able to travel. My parents are Disney nuts and took me and my sisters to WDW nearly every year since it opened, and I so wanted to "pay back" all they gave up all those years so we could afford to go on Florida vacations. (In fact, they took us to Florida when you got your thrills at Parrot Jungle, Weeki Watchi, and Six Gun Territory!)

I was prepared to cancel the cruise plans when my fiance told me he had cashed in a 401K from a job he'd held and paid for my parents' cruise as their Christmas gift! Oh!

We surprised my mom and dad with the cruise itinerary at Christmas. I'd bought a DCL Mickey Mouse Christmas ornament from eBay and wrapped that first. In the bottom of the box I'd wrapped the print DCL brochure and video tape, with a copy of their reservation and itinerary. My mom opened the Mickey ornament and said "oh, this is cute" and then the cruise brochure and video. She looked puzzled and kept saying over and over "we're going on a Disney Cruise" as if it couldn't quite register. My sister gave them the plane tickets to Orlando for the cruise as her Christmas gift. My Mom and Dad were simply stunned. It took about two days before the reality actually sunk in...my mom said she woke up the next morning and she and my dad had to ask each other if they were really going on the trip!

My parents are in a Cat 6 stateroom like ours...my mom and dad have been on a few Royal Caribbean cruises and never, ever had anything other than a porthole view. I know my dad, who loves the ocean, will probably spend most of his time just sitting on that verandah! I am so excited that they will get to see and do all the "Wonder"ful things while spending precious time with their grandchildren. (And me, too!) They will get to make the kind of memories that last forever, along with some great photographs and movies. And share multigenerational Disney magic.

Moreover, I am overwhelmed by my fiance's generosity--to do this for my parents because it would mean so much to me, and because I was unable to do it for them myself. You can probably see why I am marrying him! Anyhow, I met him during a business course at the Disney Institute in May of 2000. He is, and will always be, my best ever Disney souvenir.

Thanks for listening--I'm just so excited I could burst, and so happy to have this man as my husband (very soon!).

Denise

DMoss3377
01-07-2004, 10:52 AM
Oh Denise!

What a wonderful gift for your parents. I hope you all have a wonderful time!

Looking forward to seeing you again in October. :D

disneydudette1
01-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Great story Denise...what a great guy you have there!!! Does he have a single middle aged brother? LOL!

Faith...I believe my cousin works in the Canton 99...for some reason that sounds familiar. Her husband recently quit bartending there so if you have ever spent any time at the bar you may know him. I wish I could remember the nights she works there...I believe Thurs, Fri at least BUt she is off on another cruise 1/11 so chances are she won't be there for the next week. She is thin with short blonde hair, great teeth (lol!) and does not look her soon to be 49 years. I will email her and let her know about you.

faithmagicmickey
01-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Denise - that is a great story. I'm so happy for you guys.:)

disneydudette - DH and I have been at the Canton 99 many times but not for some time now. Just no time to go out to eat. Cool :smooth: do send her an email, let me know. I will try to talk DH into going out soon. Thanks.

Have a great night all,

jiminyC_fan
01-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Denise, what a heartwarming and fairy tale story. Glad that it all worked out. Sandy

faithmagicmickey
01-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Oh my God I had to go to page 2 to find this thread.:(

We need to get going.:teeth:

I have had a very busy weekend (winter cleaning) getting all my paperwork for my taxes.:)

It's very very cold here in Stoughton,Ma. but no snow:D or at least not yet.

Back to work tomorrow :p but at least I had a 3 day weekend:Pinkbounc

Anyway, come on you guys lets keep this thread on page 1:tongue:

Hope you all are having a great weekend. Lets hear it from all of you!!!!!!!!!

faithmagicmickey
01-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Hi all:wave:
It's Monday at 6:36pm est
I had a long day at work. :(
We had snow today, not much but they say we will get more soon. I hate snow:tongue:
My family is good.:earseek:

I feel like i'm talking to ,myself. I guess I am cuz I was the last one to post on this thread.

COME ON YOU GUYS, DON'T MAKE ME TALK TO MYSELF!!!!!

Anyway have a great night,

jiminyC_fan
01-12-2004, 09:27 PM
I was going to abandon the thread but I can't have you talking to yourself, Faith! Beautiful weather here. Absolutely beautiful. We were playing around on a RV lot on Saturday and I found myself hunting out SHADE. I was hot. Last Thursday I talked to Dudette 1 on the phone for almost an hour outside and I got a sunburn face. In January???? Unheard of!!

Sandy

DMoss3377
01-13-2004, 09:19 AM
Hey gang,

Sorry it's been so long. Holiday's are always so crazy for me and my DH and I were lucky enough to join Kamgen and Tarzanman at WDW over New Years! :sunny:

Talk about awesome! What a way to start off the new year!

Now it's back to the old grind, work, home, school...this is my last class for a while though. I'm going to take a nice long break after this semester...plus I'm in 2 weddings this year.

Already counting the days till the cruise. A couple of our friends are thinking about going...both single young men...perhaps I can play matchmaker while on the cruise. :smooth: LOL

Hopefully as we get closer to the cruise everyone will pick up the chatter on the thread. We were doing so well for a while.

faithmagicmickey
01-14-2004, 07:25 AM
Hi all,
Nice to talk to you again.:hyper:
I know how busy the holidays can be. I'm almost glad the season is over. Now all we have to do is get through this cold crappy winter.::yes::

I had an awesome day in work yesterday, I'm doing something new in the lab. Way less stress :tongue: . The job is in Micro, some of it is gross but I'm learning a lot:Pinkbounc

Well got to go now I'm working for a few hrs today, for more training:yo-yo:

See ya soon,

jiminyC_fan
01-15-2004, 08:52 AM
:bounce: Good for you, Faith. :Pinkbounc A less stressful job. You deserve it. Good luck!

faithmagicmickey
01-15-2004, 04:03 PM
:Pinkbounc Thank you Sandy:Pinkbounc

Had another great day today.::yes::
I have tomorrow off :hyper: but that is so I can rest up for the weekend at work.

I sure hope all of you are doing well.

Talk to ya soon,

DudetteTwo
01-16-2004, 05:57 PM
The underwear & black dress on New Year's Eve worked. We had a great time & the following Friday, January 9th, was my holiday party followed by a trip to Midlothian, Virginia, for the weekend to see his house. Very Impressive! We are making everybody sick because we are together constantly

:hug: Could be love!:lovestruc :love2:

DENISE: What a great love story you have!

FAITH: I have the pictures from WDW but poor Joyce's face is covered in both my pictures & Sandy's. Are yours any better? Thank you again for the great time at the Grand Floridian & are surprises! You are an exceptional individual.

Hope you all have a terrific weekend. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
01-18-2004, 04:03 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DudetteTwo
[B]The underwear & black dress on New Year's Eve worked. We had a great time & the following Friday, January 9th, was my holiday party followed by a trip to Midlothian, Virginia, for the weekend to see his house. Very Impressive! We are making everybody sick because we are together constantly

**Best of luck Jeanne this one sounds great**

FAITH: I have the pictures from WDW but poor Joyce's face is covered in both my pictures & Sandy's. Are yours any better? Thank you again for the great time at the Grand Floridian & are surprises! You are an exceptional individual.

**Jeanne, My pictures are the same, sorry. Thank you I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. Kristy and I had a blast**

Have a great weekend,

DudetteTwo
01-18-2004, 08:29 PM
. I am remaining optimistic about the EAGLES but poor Donovan.
GO EAGLES GO :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Worked all weekend but we had an EAGLES party today. I want you all to cheer on the EAGLES :bounce: As a matter of fact, we could use some prayers:angel:

The romance is going really well. Could be love!:love2:

Have a great week. Still trying to get the Christmas decorations down. It's hard when you have a "boyfriend"! Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
01-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Hi all, Long time no see. I've been on "jury duty" and got picked. For on a 2 week trial. I can't talk about it now but I will when it's over. Anyway got to go now way too much to do.

see ya soon,

Snorgg
01-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Hi gang !
Sure has been a long time for me since I last posted. Hope everyone is having a good 2004 so far !
Seems like alot of happy people out there getting ready to have a blast !
To all my old DIS friends- Hope you all had a great holiday season in 2003!
To all those I have'nt had the pleasure of meeting- Greetings !Looking forward to meeting you all soon !
We are currently seeking to book our next cruise, probably for this coming October. Trying to get to WDW some time in late July or early August.
But, who knows, I may just get the irresistable urge to jump a weekend flight again in Feb., and spend the Presidents Day weekend with the big boss, MM !
Anyway, just wanted to send my regards from the frozen section of Connecticut !
Have fun out there ! And stay warm !
Les aka Snorgg :jester: