PDA

View Full Version : Roll call for the 10/23/2004 Western Magic. Who's with us?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

disneydudette1
01-25-2004, 06:12 PM
I heard from my cousin...she works in the Walpole 99...I sure was off on that one! She is back from her cruise and gained 6 lbs...no big deal on her!!! She is nice and thin! I gained 12 last year!

Snorgg
01-25-2004, 06:32 PM
disneydudette1
DIS Veteran

I gained 12 last year!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wish I gained the 12 lbs. !
All I gained on the 10/18 cruise was 1.54 carrots! I think I need to try this cruise again real soon....And see if I can't get it right this time !!!
Happy work week all !
Les

faithmagicmickey
01-27-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by disneydudette1
I heard from my cousin...she works in the Walpole 99...I sure was off on that one! She is back from her cruise and gained 6 lbs...no big deal on her!!! She is nice and thin! I gained 12 last year!

I'm not far from the Walpole 99. After I complete this trial (jurt duty") I will have to go try out the 99. I can sure use a night out with all this stress with going to court every day from 9am to 4pm. I have less stress at work.

Who has not gained weight on a cruise? It's hard not to with food,food,food,food!!!! all the time.:hyper: And it's great food.:teeth:

Oh well I better get going now another "fun filled day" at court.:(

Hope everone is doing well. Talk to you soon,
Faith:wave2:

DudetteTwo
01-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Just returned from a LOOONNNGGG weekend in the Poconos in Pennsylvania. "We" went skiing, flea market & outlet shopping & ate lots of different foods. It snowed every day!

FAITH: You have the kind of luck that I have. My number will NEVER be picked for the lottery but I always get picked for jury duty!

Romance is going really, really well.:love2:

Hope you all have a great week. I can't wait for the cruise:boat: and some warm weather:sunny: Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
01-30-2004, 09:43 AM
It was great getting on the thread and reading so much.

Faith, I have been thinking about you and that jury trial. How's the weather?

Gain weight on a cruise???? You bet! :( Unfortunately. We never eat desserts and we always do on the cruise.

Jeanne, you said that you were making everyone sick because you and your new love is always together. Just wanted to tell you that people think that of Ted and I. After 29 years, we are STILL like that. I am sure that you can see that!
The Poconos sounds so romantic. Maybe one day we can head out your way.

I better get off the computer. I am expecting an important phone call from a very special person. ;) :teeth: I am getting some much needed information.

DudetteTwo
01-30-2004, 05:14 PM
SANDY: Can you believe it's you & I keeping the board alive? We're usually the last ones to post. These October 23rd Cruisers need to come alive!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

FAITH: Where are you? Is you behind sore from jury duty?:eek:

Hope you all have a terrific weekend. I will be lonely all weekend because my new beau Bobby went home to Midlothian, Virginia, for the weekend. It is the first weekend we are apart since we met on November 1st.:worried: :worried: Have a great weekend. Try to stay warm! Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
01-31-2004, 03:42 PM
Wow, Jeanne. Didn't realize that it is the first weekend that you two have been apart. No wonder you are so lost. Ain't love grand? Ted will be gone all day till midnight so I am lonely too. Had to turn to the boards for company.

I agree. This thread needs to be more lively. It is nothing like our other chatty thread that is for sure. Wake up, wake up!! ;)

Waiting for more snow today and tomorrow. Nothing like upstate NY tho!

DudetteTwo
02-01-2004, 01:33 PM
SANDY: Just you & I talking on the board again. Where is everyone? We need more :chat: chatty kathy's like our other board. We will have to talk more of them to go on the October 23rd cruise.

FAITH: Where are you? You are the third mouseketeer on this thread:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: .

Hope you all have a terrific week. I am back to work after ten days off:eek: . Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
02-02-2004, 08:40 AM
Hi all, Long time no see. I need a favor from all of you. Yesterday my mom had a stroke and at this time she is not doing well. Please pray for her. My mom's name is Lora. Thank you.

Now about "Jury Duty"
This "Jury Trial" is over and ended in a hung jury. I'm so upset because 12 people were in the jury room for 3 days 11 of us found him guilty 1 did not. I don't understand why only one man did not find "the man on trial" not guilty???:eek:
Just to give you some info on the case. (because I can now) it was a rape trial. A girl 19 years old (now) said that she was being raped by her 2 first cousins when she was 8 years old until she was 13 years old. She did not tell until she was 16 years old. She said the boys told her that she would break up the family if she told. Oh my God how awful.
This case "SUCKED THE LIFE RIGHT OUT OF ME" Anyway to make a very long awful story short after the trial the judge told us that the "man on trial" told someone "caught on tape" that he did do it. But the judge said that evidence could not be submitted into the trial because it was illegally optioned. Also just to let you know the other "man on trial" was found guilty. We were told after the trial. The judge told us also that he will go back on trial sometime in June. I feel so very bad for that entire family. They need to heal and until this next trial if finally over they can't.
I have been so sick over this. The trial ended last Friday. I went to work on Saturday and I was so tired that I did not go and see my mom like I always do. (I feel really bad about that now.) Kristy(DD) is doing OK she is at the doctor today as I speak. I'm sure that she will be fine. Well, that is about all that is going on in my crazy life. I'm going now to see mom. Again please send your prayers to her. Thank you.

jiminyC_fan
02-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Oh Faith, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. She is definitely in our prayers. I hope she is doing much better!

As far as the trial, that really stinks. Rape is always such a horrible trial. I am sorry that it didn't turn out the way it should but at least he will be tried again. I think that it stinks that they can't use some evidence. That just isn't right to hide things from the jury. It seems like our justice system has some flaws. Working in the courts for 9 years I certainly saw a lot of it!!

Thinking of Faith. Hope she is doing great! Heidi has come a long way.

skylynx
02-03-2004, 09:40 AM
Hi, Everyone

It is snowing sideways in Chicago due to the wind, and I'm about to start packing my gear for our Wonder cruise this Sunday...hopefully my mom and dad won't' have trouble getting there from New York. Chicago weather should cooperate (for once.) :-) It is scary trying to coordinate this when we've got people coming from three states in three different parts of the country! I keep thinking something will go wrong. Argh.

I'm a bit paranoid at the moment because my contract job abruptly ended and I just found out I've only one week of unemployment benefits left. I've been job hunting for a permanent job for a year with lots of interviews but no takers...Chicago is so glutted with others who've been laid off from the many corporate headquarters that were/are here like United, Motorola, and Accenture (where I worked). I've got two graduate degrees and teaching certification and a full suite of Disney Insitute management courses and still can't get hired! I've networked all my resources out--most everyone I know is afraid of losing their jobs, let alone positioned to find me one!

Anyhow, when I come home from the cruise, I'll take a job doing anything just to get through until something improves. Sorry for being a bit of a black cloud...I usually have happy stories to tell...Enough of that, though...I'm less than five days from my much awaited cruise and a chance to watch my kids and parents experience the Wonder of it all.

My sweetie's boss said he'd pay for our Internet access on the ship so he can send any crucial emails, so we'll be posting a live report or two from the Wonder (if I can remember my disboards password, that is!)

Meanwhile, if anyone sees the job fairy, PLEASE send her my way.

Stay safe and warm!

DMoss3377
02-03-2004, 12:17 PM
Hi Denise...

Sorry to hear about the job situation. I'll keep you in my prayers that when you return, all tanned and relaxed, you'll have no worries finding a new job. :)

Soak up all that sun and share a little when you get back. I sure could use some sunshine, as I'm sure most of us can.

It has been quiet on this board lately...I know I've been a busy little bee....school, work, in 2 weddings this summer...busy, busy, busy. I'm sure as it get's warmer, the thread will pick up.

Okay...gotta run. Stay warm.
:wave:

jiminyC_fan
02-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Denise, sorry to hear about the job problems. It is so difficult to find one these days. Don't give up. Our twin daughters graduated from college this year and both found jobs in their field. I will send you some pixie dust your way. Good luck! Denver is just as bad as Chicago.

Have a WONDERful cruise.

Faith, how is your mom doing? I have been thinking of you all day.

skylynx
02-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. I feel guilty about even complaining over job woes when other people (including many on this list) have far worse heartaches to deal with. So, I'll stop whining and get myself revved up for a great time enjoying my family (especially my parents and sister who I see far too little of these days). I plan to do a lot of hugging and take tons of pictures.

Our dogs (two golden retrievers) have seen the suitcases come out to pack for our cruise Sunday, and are already sulking. We've got a great dogsitter though, so at least they don't have to go to a kennel for the week. Instead, they can stay home and chew up the kitchen carpet to express their displeasure at our going somewhere fun without them.

I started taking karate because it seemed silly to take my kids to the class and just sit there. I've never been a sit by the sidelines and watch other people do things kind of person. I'm the only "student" in the class over 11. But I don't care...I'm learning cool things and getting good exercise and amusing my children to no end (as in, "No, mom, you're doing that move wrong") I have class today and my knees are already aching thinking about it.

I hope everyone has a decent day...including me!!!

:-)

jiminyC_fan
02-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Denise, it kills me how dogs are so smart. As soon as they see suitcases they start feeling sorry for themselves. (rightfully so). I always felt so guilty leaving my dog. Ok, so I even lost a few tears when leaving. They are family, right?

Karate sounds like fun. Not for me thought. I think it is a GREAT idea. No matter what you think, your kids think it is cool that you are doing it. Keep it up through those aches and pains. How old are they?

skylynx
02-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Hi, JC Fan!

My karate kids are daughter Noelle who is eleven and son Jack who is 8. We are having a great time taking this class together and I think the kids are so pleased I'm the only adult. They love to volunteer me to be the guinea pig the instructor uses to teach new self defense moves (ouch). I never thought I'd be interested in it, but there is so much more to it than kicking people and breaking ice blocks in half. What I really like is the discipline and self control it advocates. At the end of class the kids have to bow to the instructors and the black belts that help out and tell the main instructor the title of a book they have been reading! He says karate is disciplined exercise for the body and reading is disciplined exercise for the mind (or something like that). Whatever it is, it sure makes my joints ache. Most of the kicks are above waist level and balance is sometimes, um, a problem. ("Mom, get UP") :-)

Can't believe we're heading to Florida and the cruise just three days from now. It is funny when you look forward to it for so long, even when it is actually nearly upon us, I still see it as in the distance. Well, I think the plane ride to Florida will fix that!

My first golden used to curl up in a sad furry ball IN my suitcase when I was packing. These two just give me discouraging stares and then get even by knocking over the garbage pail or taking a pillow for a romp around the house. I will miss them, though.

Talk to you later!

Denise

DudetteTwo
02-04-2004, 12:23 PM
DENISE: Have a great ******. My old dog used to throw her bone in the suitcase when it was open during packing! Got to love our four legged friends!

FAITH: So sorry about your Mom. I will keep Lora in my prayers.:angel:

Worked Monday & Tuesday & am now trying to catch-up at home. Romance is still going strong. Bobby & I are going out to dinner & then watching the FLYERS. GO FLYERS!!!!!!

Hope you all have a great day. The board has been pretty active. Toodles :wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
02-04-2004, 04:25 PM
Great news Mom is much better now she had a TIA (small stroke) but it seems the same as a big stroke. Thank you for you prayers.

Got to run. Thank you again,
Faith :wave2:

DudetteTwo
02-04-2004, 07:16 PM
Just popping in to say "Hi":wave2:

FAITH: If thinking about you & your Mom means anything, you are in my thoughts & prayers.

Toodles:wave: :earsgirl: JEANNE

skylynx
02-05-2004, 08:58 AM
Faith...so glad to hear your mom is improving. My 80 year old dad (the one we're taking on the cruise Sunday) had what they called a "mini stroke" a few months ago and recovered completely although it was really scary at the time. I wish the same speedy and complete recovery for her!

Denise

faithmagicmickey
02-05-2004, 04:37 PM
:Pinkbounc Thank you again you guys are so nice. Mom is doing even better today.:Pinkbounc

I must send out a special thank you to the "Disney Dudettes" My DD just gave me my mail and there was a pkg for me. I love it thank you. You girls are so great. That pkg came at the best time.:earseek: Thank you also for the photo, you girls are so cute with the bug.

Denise, Best of luch with your job situation. I will pray for you.

Things are getting better around here:tongue: It just shows you that life is way to short.

Hey how about that superbowl go "Pats". It's a shame about "Janet Jackson's" stunt. There will be some major changes in the half time show.

Anyway I better go now so many things to do. Thank you again.

jiminyC_fan
02-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Ok Jeanne, what picture did you send with a "bug"? My favorite picture of you guys is the one with Cinderella on formal night. That was sooooo good.

Faith, glad to hear that your mom is doing better. Hope life is settling down a little for you since the trial.

Denise, I want to go with you! ::yes:: Pretty please?

DudetteTwo
02-06-2004, 06:39 AM
SANDY: I sent Faith a picture of the three Dudettes with Flik. You said Faith wanted to see what the three of us looked like and we had on our "Dudette" t-shirts.

FAITH: So glad to hear your Mom is improving. We have all gotten to the point that we have "aged" parents.

Hope you all have a great weekend. It is raining hard in N.J.

:umbrella:. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
02-06-2004, 04:08 PM
I just had a heart attack. Heidi, my dd, is going to Washington DC for work in a month. Hate the thought of that but at least she is going with someone else.

skylynx
02-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi, Everyone

I just had to send this post, if for nothing else but to see what my timer looks like with almost no time left till our cruise! The weather is supposed to be good, and I've spent all day packing. I'm leaving all my worries behind (I've no doubt they'll still be waiting for me when I return).

Wish I could take everyone in my bulging carryon, but we'll have to settle for the rendezvous in October. I feel like I've gotten to know so many people; it will be more of a reunion on the Magic than a first meeting! I better have a job by then, or we'll have to swab the decks in exchange for our passage.

Have a great week, everyone, and I'll try to send a live message from the Wonder if I can get logged in!

NICK...we'll let you know what our favorite duet was, and perhaps you can try it.

jiminyC_fan
02-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Bye Denise! :wave2:

faithmagicmickey
02-08-2004, 07:27 AM
Bye Denise, have a great time.

TangoMan
02-08-2004, 08:06 AM
I've enjoyed reading this thread so instead of lurking around I've finally decided to post. It sounds like a great group of people are going to be cruising in October!!

We just came back from our first cruise in January...we did the 7 day Western Caribbean on the Magic and just loved it!! We celebrated a milestone birthday for my wife while onboard and she had a fantastic time. We have a two and a half year old daughter and she had a blast as well. We cruised with my parents in January but it'll just be the three of us in October...to celebrate a milestone birthday for myself!!

For those of you that are interested here's a link to a photo slideshow of our trip. You should be forewarned that there are 57 photos and quite a few of them are of our daughter...

Slide Show (http://www.photoshow.net/redir_main.php?show=zeYvbIBhd)

Later...
TangoMan

jiminyC_fan
02-08-2004, 02:47 PM
WOW, we have had a lurker. So glad you decided to join the thread. Welcome, TangoMan. My name is Sandy and it will be just my husband, (Ted) and myself on the October cruise. We are very excited. We have twin 23 year old daughters. I have a feeling that we are one of the oldest of the group. I know someone else but won't name names. ;)

TangoMan
02-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome Sandy. My name is Shee-Chang and I'm married to Deborah...14 years this year...and our two and a half year old daughter is Sabrina. She'll be just over three when we cruise in October and it sounds like we have the youngest one of the whole group!! Unfortunately that means there's not going to be too much late night partying for us...sigh!!

I'll be turning the big "Four Oh" in October...which is why we're cruising. My wife had her "Four Oh" birthday in January on the Magic and we had such a fantastic time that we decided to come back for mine!!

Anyways, we live in central Wisconsin and yes there's a good amount of snow...I can hear the snowmobiles going by just off the edge of our property. I wish I was still aboard the Magic!!

Just waiting for spring...sigh...

DudetteTwo
02-09-2004, 08:06 AM
SHEE-CHANG: Welcome to our "lurkers". I am one of the three "Disney Dudettes" so far only Dudette #2 (me) & Dudette #3 (Joyce) have committed to the October Cruise but I think Dudette #1 (Bonnie) is weakening. We are all nurses who live in South Jersey & we are looking forward to another Disney cruise.

I can not take this weather anymore. Yes it was fun in the Poconos with the snow & skiing but enough is enough. I want Spring too!:sunny:

Hope you all have a fun filled week. I worked my two 12 hour shifts this weekend & now Monday is my "catch-up" day. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
02-09-2004, 03:46 PM
Shee-Chang, I just turned the BIG 5-0 in Sept so I don't even want to hear about your tiny 4-0!:p Told you that I was OLD!! I love Sabrina's name. So pretty! Dudette Two (Jeanne) and I have a friend in Racine Wisconsin that we met on our last cruise. She also is a fellow DIS'er.

We are waiting for Spring, also. We are major campers. We own a 36' 5th wheel so we are out of here every weekend. We bought a new truck this winter so we are so excited to try pulling our 5th wheel. Spring will never come fast enough for us!

Jeanne, it was nice talking to you. Let's keep it up! I bet we can get Dudette 1 to cruise with us.

TangoMan
02-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Jeanne,

Thanks for the welcome!! Both my wife and I ski but because of our daughter we've been off the cross-country ski trails and downhill slopes for the past few years...so winters have been pretty boring. Our daughter does like playing in the snow...but she likes to take her gloves off!! With our recent cold temps, we've been hesitant to have her outside for prolonged periods...just would hate to have tiny frostbitten fingers.

What kind of nursing do you do? If I remember correctly from earlier posts...is it labor and delivery? correct me if I'm wrong. I'm a family physician in a small town and my wife is a dietitian who's staying home with our daughter.

I hope your shifts weren't too bad...I'm on-call today so anything can happen :tongue:...

TangoMan
02-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Sandy,

5-0 isn't so bad...did you see any of Oprah's 5-0 festivities? She had quite the bash and keeps motoring along...my wife had it on and I caught bits of it...

Thanks for the comment about our daughter's name. I drove my wife crazy when we were trying to pick girls' names. She would keep suggesting them and I would give her the thumbs down for all of them...until she came up with Sabrina. We can't imagine her with any other name now...

Anyways gotta go...off to the ER to admit a diabetic with chest pain to the CCU...:smooth:

DudetteTwo
02-09-2004, 06:43 PM
TANGOMAN: Joyce DD#3 & I (Jeanne DD#2) both work on the Mother-Baby Unit. Our hospital delivers 5,000 babies a year! The only hospital that delivers more in NJ is a city hospital in Newark, NJ. We love our jobs! I have been at the same hospital for 20 years. Bonnie (DD#1) is a nurse who works for the INSURANCE COMPANY! We don't want to hear any whining about turning 40 since we are all 50 something.

SANDY: You are such a great listener
:listen: Now we have to start working on Bonnie going on this cruise:boat:

I need a cruise now!:jumping2: I'm awfully tired tonight. I think it will be an early to bed, early to rise:sunny: time. Have a great night. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
02-10-2004, 03:57 PM
A dieititian. Did anyone say a dietician???? I need a good diet to lose weight. Jeanne and I were just saying how we have to lose to get into our cruise clothing. Actually, I need to lose more than that even.

This is a skiing family also. We used to ski every weekend but that is not happening now. I can't because I had foot surgery and that does not allow me to get into ski boots. Our girls started skiing at about 3. It was fun just the other day watching them o;n video ski so young.

Sandy

BeanoC
02-11-2004, 01:11 AM
Hi everyone!

It's me again... you know... the guy who started this thread?? :)

Been away for awhile, dealing with reality, I suppose. I have another family member joining us on this cruise, so my excitement has been renewed I guess. I can't believe how active my thread has been! I guess we're gonna have a great group of people.

Well I am trying to get myself back into the fold now, and get to know everyone over the coming months. My wife and I are hosting a party on the ship, probably on Sunday, so I guess I'd better get to know the people on my guest list!

Looks like I have a lot of reading to do to catch up!!

'Beano' :cool:

DMoss3377
02-11-2004, 09:05 AM
HEY BEANOoooooo!!!! :wave2:

Great to have you back on the thread. Hopefully now that the holidays are over, Spring is around the corner, and the Cruise is getting closer...everyone's excitment will be up and we'll really get this thread going.

:hyper: can hardly wait to cruise :hyper:

::yes::

faithmagicmickey
02-12-2004, 06:46 AM
Welcome back Beano:tongue:
I wanted to send out a search party for you. Ha Ha:hyper:
Hope all is well with you and your family.

Welcome Tangoman it's nice to see a fresh face in this thread. We need to have some fun, as you can see it's not been the best winter so far. Spring is just around the corner:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc .

Things here are better, working too much. The hospital is not so busy now, I guess the '''Flu" is slowing down. God that was bad. Mom is doing even better. God bless her she is already driving me crazy. DD (Kristy) is doing good, so hospital trips for a while. Anyway I'm going now to enjoy my only day off this week. Hope you all have a great weekend. See ya next week. Have Fun!!!::yes::

Pooh_Friend#1
02-12-2004, 01:35 PM
I want to go on this cruise. I know a few of you who are going, and I am sure a few of you will recognize my name. Just decided to look at the thread to make sure my mom won't be getting into any trouble and to see if she really is paying attention!!! Gotta keep her on her toes. Those of you who know me maybe if we beg my mom, I can go in October too!!! (j/k) Bonnie, you need to go on this cruise!!! Maybe if you do, I will!!!!!

jiminyC_fan
02-12-2004, 06:59 PM
Geez, Heidi. I can't hide from you anywhere on this board. I told you that you could come. Bonnie?????? Are you coming?

jiminyC_fan
02-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Hey, Heidi. I was just thinking. You and Bonnie could share a stateroom. Cool!

TangoMan
02-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Hi Heidi,

The more the merrier...come on and cruise!!!

Pooh_Friend#1
02-13-2004, 07:54 AM
So tempting to come and join the cruise, but it's my mom and dad's vacation....I don't want to crash it. Plus I was already privileged enough to go on the Western Cruise!!! I am done stalking you mom....enjoy your thread and everyone enjoy your cruise. The Western itinerary is great. Don't miss Key West's sunset and sit on the deck 4 chairs for me!!!!

jiminyC_fan
02-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Gee Heidi, you made me feel bad. I was kidding. You are welcome to stay and chat. The more the merrier. You can cruise too. Thanks for being so thoughtful. Ahhh, aren't kids wonderful??!!:love2:

faithmagicmickey
02-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Hey Heidi, you can stay in my room.

Faith

jiminyC_fan
02-13-2004, 05:02 PM
Uh no, Faith. If anyone in my family stays with you it'll be ME! :teeth:

jiminyC_fan
02-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Can anyone help me? My DD and her husband are closing on their first house on the 28th. I remember for a housewarming gift we got a loaf of bread and a bottle of wine. The card read something like may you never go hungry..................? Does anyone know the corrrect saying? It was the only gift I remember receiving. I thought way back when that it was so unique. Thanks if you can help! Sandy

jiminyC_fan
02-15-2004, 10:46 AM
Hello, anyone out there? Do I have to resort to talking to myself???? Poor me. I am lonely. No one to talk to. :(

jiminyC_fan
02-16-2004, 10:35 AM
HELLO ???????

jiminyC_fan
02-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Nobody loves me, everybody hates me. Guess I'll go eat worms...........

DudetteTwo
02-17-2004, 07:53 PM
I'm telling you this board is way to quiet:chat: I hope they aren't like that on the cruise because you know how we are!:chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat: :chat:

Where is Faith?

Snowing in Southern New Jersey but it isn't supposed to amount to much but we'll see.

Doing my three 12's in a row but had to pop in to say "HI" so Sandy wasn't talking to herself. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
02-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks Jeanne! I was getting bored with myself!! :crazy: We talk so much that we even have to use the PHONE! :chat:

I was thinking about Faith myself. Maybe I will email her and check in.

Later!

Pooh_Friend#1
02-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Wow mom..maybe you should join the thread killer post!!! I guess people don't like you very much. Well I like you very much and so does Faith and Jeanne!!!!

Faith I would love to stay in your room. I wouldn't be a bother at all. I will just pack a swim suit, one pair of shorts and sandals. I will pack my own towel and pillow and sleep on the floor!! ( I can use my towel for a blanket!!!) You wouldn't even know I was there!!!!

jiminyC_fan
02-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Hey Heidi, I get dibs on Faiths room. I knew her first.

DudetteTwo
02-18-2004, 06:00 PM
SANDY & HEIDI: Wait a minute both of you! Bobby is the one that doesn't have a room! I think he has tibs on that "DISNEY SUITE"::MickeyMo. What do you think?

We have a little snow on the ground but our shore area got hit harder - 3-5 inches of snow

Hope you are have a warm & fuzzy day.
:hug:. Toodles :wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
02-19-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by jiminyC_fan
Uh no, Faith. If anyone in my family stays with you it'll be ME! :teeth:

LOL

jiminyC_fan
02-19-2004, 07:39 AM
Yea, we heard from Faith. Missed you lots!

faithmagicmickey
02-19-2004, 07:42 AM
Hi all, You guys are just too funny.

Just to let you all know, I have not been on because my DD Kristy has been very ill in the hospital. She is a little better now not great yet. Kristy is very strong, I don't know how she does it. :sunny: she has a great outlook on life despite the fact that she is so sick.
The rest of the family is doing great, My mom is doing awesome. We just have to get Kristy better.

On a good note: you guys have to help me plan a great party for the cruise in my room for all us disborders. So come on put me in a good mood and throw out some great ideas. We only have about 8 months to plan this great party. As you can see I need a diversion and something to look forward to. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Got to go now DD needs me. See ya soon,

jiminyC_fan
02-19-2004, 07:51 AM
hmmmm, help plan the party. Are you sure you really want us too? We are kind of crazy :crazy: you know. I will have to ponder this one! Give Kristy a BIG hug from me and tell her I am sending some pixie dust her way.

Jeanne, I was just thinking about Bobby. Remember the snooze you lose theory. Well, I guess Bobby snoozed waaaay too long. I still have dibs!:p Bobby can have the pull out bunk in Ted's and Heidi's room. :teeth: Shame on me. I wasn't raised like this. Oh well, you can't teach old dogs new tricks! :confused: Oh no, now I am sounding like MY mom.

skylynx
02-19-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi, Everyone

Faith...will be hoping and praying for your daughter. I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter I read somewhere that to become a mother was to forever more allow your heart to walk around on the outside your body...I can only imagine what you are feeling.

Just returned from our "Wonder" ful cruise number three...my parents and the kids absolutely LOVED it. We could barely tear the kids out of the Oceaneer's Lab and on more than one occasion had to pry my dad and his binoculars off his verandah to join us for meals. The kids affection for the Oceaneer's Lab meant we had time to do things as adults, visit the adult beach at Castaway Cay, and have a fabulous dinner at Palo with my parents and sister. We have loads of postcard-caliber pictures. I could not have asked for a better trip...

Full trip report coming, but had to let you all know the only thing that kept me from launching into a full blown depression leaving this vacation was knowing this October cruise and the chance to meet (for the first time or again) you all was only a few months away!

Now I need to get a job. :-(

jiminyC_fan
02-19-2004, 07:27 PM
Welcome back Denise. Good luck job hunting!
Sandy

DudetteTwo
02-20-2004, 07:59 AM
FAITH: Tell Kristy she is in my prayers:angel:. She needs to get well soon & stay well.

PARTY:jumping1: Darren is such a great singer that he can be our entertainment. We can bring the wine & have a great wine party in your "SUITE". The last cruise everyone brought a bottle of wine & we had a great time.:blush: :blush: :blush:

Hope you all have a great day & weekend. Toodles :wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
02-20-2004, 11:47 AM
Wine party, did anyone say wine party? We all absolutely loved our wine party with the disers last time. Everyone brought their favorite bottle of wine from home onboard and we ordered room service munchies. We sampled everyones wine. It was a good icebreaker. We wore name tags to identify ourselves. This time for entertainment we have Faith and Darren. I can't wait. Why can't we do it tomorrow?

Pooh_Friend#1
02-20-2004, 01:43 PM
One word LUAU (sp)!!!! you could have a luau meets wine party!! Your on the ship, might as well make it a tropical party. How much fun you could have decorating with layes and cool tropical cups that everyone can drink out of, grass skirts. So many possiblities!!!

BeanoC
02-21-2004, 08:31 PM
Hi everyone, just thought I'd chime back in again.

If you're all still interested in our wine party, we expect to have it on Sunday or Monday. I also wanted to add a link to my pics from last year's cruises (including some pics of the party and our DIS cake!)

http://homepage.mac.com/b.creighton/PhotoAlbum9.html

Hope everyone is doing well!!

'Beano':cool:

faithmagicmickey
02-22-2004, 09:48 AM
Hi all,:wave: Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts for my DD Kristy. Also thank you for all of ideas so far, at least we have something else to talk about. On a sad note Kristy is still not feeling well, so please keep your prayers coming. Thank you.:earseek:

I cant stay on long way too much to do. Hope you all have a great weekend.

Faith:wave:

jiminyC_fan
02-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Sorry to hear that Kristy still isn't up to par. She is certainly still in our prayers! Tell her Ted, Heidi, and I are thinking of her and send her BIG hugs :hug: and kisses :love2: . Sandy

DMoss3377
02-24-2004, 09:04 AM
Hey Beanoooo!!!

You know I'll be there...wine, champagne, whatevah! The party last cruise was great...but you know what...there's one very important thing missing from your photos from the DIS party....can you guess....it's ME! :hyper: :bounce: :hyper: LOL...Steve, Dan, Jess and I had to be losers and go to the spa and leave the party early...what were we thinking! Certainly won't make that mistake again. :) Oh...and LOVED the cake...yummy!

Faith: You and your DD are in my prayers. :)

jiminyC_fan
03-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Faith, thinking of you and Kristy. Hope she is doing much better!

DudetteTwo
03-03-2004, 10:20 AM
I have an excuse. I was away since last Friday in Virginia. Now what's all of your excuses????????

FAITH: How is Kristy? You haven't posted in awhile but I have kept her in my thoughts & prayers.

PARTY? PARTY? If there's a party the Dudettes are there. I went to a party last Friday & had way too many Cosmos (which I used to hate) but they used a special vodka "Tito's" & they were sooooooooooo smooth.

Hope you all have a terrific day. Back to work for three 12 hour days in a row to make up for my days off! Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
03-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Don't work too hard Jeanne. Gotta save some energy to post!

tarzanman
03-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Beano and Tarzanman finally together again on the DIS. Where have you been anyway? You know that I will be at the wine party again. How could your best friend ever miss that? I hope that everyone is doing well. Maybe sometime in the coming days I will go back and read all of the threads but I probably won't. I am just lazy I guess.

jiminyC_fan
03-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Tarzanman, going back to read would take way too long. Let me see if I can summarize, sick family members, happy holidays, trips, looking for jobs, snow, where is everyone and where's the PARTY???? Did I do good?
Sandy

tarzanman
03-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the summary. That was much easier to read.

BeanoC
03-04-2004, 12:58 AM
Tarzanman, where have you been?? :)

You rock, buddy.

The party is indeed in my suite, and you and I are the 'entertainment'. And if admission is free, these fine folks will have been grossly overcharged.

Sandy, your summary was great! All I can say in response is: Everybody get well, do good at your job, get rid of all the damn snow, and the party is in Beano's room!!!

Are we there yet?????????????

DMoss3377
03-04-2004, 08:01 AM
Tarzanman!..... Beano!.....

Now the party can start! Great to see you guys on the thread again! We'll be cruising in no time! :bounce: ::yes::

:wave2:

jiminyC_fan
03-04-2004, 08:47 AM
I am even more excited now. I have decided NOT to stay at the Radisson this time. We are going to stay at Ron Jon Resort. It sounds so fun. AND the price is right. We are getting a studio villa for 75.00. We are flying in on Thursday so we can enjoy the resort on Friday before we board on Saturday. Is it October yet???? Sandy

faithmagicmickey
03-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Hi all, I know It's been a long time. My DD Kristy has been very ill. She is getting better and better everyday.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Sandy, Thank you so much for the cards and the pixi dust you sent to Kristy. She loved it. Kristy sent you a thank you card in the mail. You are so nice, Thank you.:earseek:

So anyway I can't wait to party.::yes::

Got to go now, see you guys soon.

jiminyC_fan
03-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Hi Faith, thanks for checking in. I am so glad that Kristy is getting better. I have really been thinking of her a lot lately. She is most welcome for the cards and pixie dust. The party is soon!

faithmagicmickey
03-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Hi all, Just checking in. Things here are ok. Had the weekend off but boo hoo have to go back to work tomorrow. Sure hope all of you are doing well.

I have a question, what seating do you guys have for dinner on the cruise?

I have 1st seating for now but DD, DS in law, and I want 2nd seating but DH does not. Can any of you tell me what you like about 2nd or 1st seating?

Oh well got to go so many things to do. See ya all soon.

DMoss3377
03-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Hi Faith :)

We have late seating.

We like the 2nd seating better because we don't feel rushed to get ready for dinner and we get to spend a little more time enjoying the sun & fun on the ship and islands before getting ready for dinner.

And...at least for my DH, he likes a little nappy before lunch so we can stay up and enjoy the late night entertainment. ::yes::

jiminyC_fan
03-08-2004, 10:46 AM
We have first seating. We have never been ones to eat late. Just not our style. I agree with Dana though. First seating is rushed in the afternoon. Heidi loves second seating just for that reason. My girls are trying to get us to change.

DudetteTwo
03-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Just stopping in to say HI!

FAITH: It sounds like good news about Kristy. I hope you told her she is in my thoughts often & my prayers.

SANDY: Let the fun begin!

Miserable weather:umbrella:in New Jersey. I want to see sun!!!!!!! :sunny: Have a great week. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
03-08-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by DMoss3377
Hi Faith :)

We have late seating.

We like the 2nd seating better because we don't feel rushed to get ready for dinner and we get to spend a little more time enjoying the sun & fun on the ship and islands before getting ready for dinner.

And...at least for my DH, he likes a little nappy before lunch so we can stay up and enjoy the late night entertainment. ::yes::

I agree with you but I can't talk my DH into it. "I don't like to eat that late" Oh well I have time to talk him into it. On the other hand my DD (Kristy) should eat early because of her diabetes. This is so hard because I hate that rushed feeling. :confused: Oh well. What to do????????

Sandy maybe we will have the same rotation and a table near eachother. At least that would make the rush somewhat better.

Thanks for your replys,

skylynx
03-09-2004, 08:58 AM
Hi, Everyone

We're now hooked on the late seating for the aforementioned anti-rush reasons...we also like to dress UP for dinner, and all that glamour takes considerable time to achieve for midlifers. Plus if you have the early seating and then attend the later show, there's enough down time before the "night action" begins in the other venues like Studio Sea to get snoozy after all that eating and sitting in a dark theater. I found it hard to stay awake until 10 or 11 when some things began if I was already fed and entertained by 8:45! In fact, on our first cruise when we had the early seating, my honey and I just layed down on our bed "to rest for a few minutes" after dinner and the show and woke up in exactly the same position at one a.m. still in tuxedo, gown and heels! Oops.

I don't know about you all, but for us the whole cruise was pretty much a non-stop feeding frenzy, so eating "late" was never an issue of hunger, as rarely more than an hour passed between some kind of snack or meal or fortified cocktail (by that I mean a drink that has a spear of pineapple in it). In fact, the perpetual availability of food (plus room service) should be a help to those contending with diabetes or other conditions that require nutritional reinforcements. When you are sitting by the pool enjoying the sunshine and the sea air and the smell of burgers or bratwurst comes wafting by from the poolside food outlets, it is hard to believe it's only been one hour since that lunch buffet and three desserts.

Waiting for spring in Chicagoland...

jiminyC_fan
03-09-2004, 09:31 AM
With our girls working on us and all of your comments maybe, just maybe we might change and try late seating. It is hard to change after having early seating every time.

faithmagicmickey
03-15-2004, 05:13 PM
Hi all, Hope your all well. Been very busy here with work and such.
Kristy is doing better, she has good and bad days.

I spoke with my family and we are going to keep the early seating because of Kristy's diabetes. She is very upset because she is the one that wanted the late seating the most. :( Oh well.

Anyway I sure hope you are all doing well and such. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Got to go now, talk to you all soon

jiminyC_fan
03-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Hi guys, is it just me or has everyone been having trouble getting on the board the last few days?

Sounds like Kristy is coming along. Brighter days ahead!

:bounce: HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY ! :bounce:

tchrmom
03-17-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm up for the party! Are we bringing Asti again????????
I'm ready to CRUISE! The weather here is beautiful today! 78, sunny and breezy! It's great to live in Tampa!
Too bad I'm home with Kelly, who threw-up last night!:mad:
Fran

faithmagicmickey
03-17-2004, 05:05 PM
Hi all, Hope all is well with everone.

Sandy, I could not get on this board for the last 2 days. It was driving me nuts.

Fran I hope Kelly is feeling better now. Asti sounds great.:Pinkbounc

Got to go now, see ya all soon.

DudetteTwo
03-17-2004, 07:24 PM
Did someone say ASTI? I'm THERE! I love Asti.

Just wanted to pop-in & say I. My aunt came home from the hospital today but still need to take care of my aunt & mother (77 & 78) but tomorrow I only need to provide lunch & cook dinner.

Did anyone else have a "TRADITIONAL" St. Patty's Day meal today. We had corned beef (actually smoked butt), cabbage & potatoes today since my mother's madden name is "Driscoll". HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Can't wait - 17 days until California here I come..... My daughter, Summer, is living in Long Beach & I am going out for 10 days!:wave: I am then flying home & leaving the same day for New Orleans for 5 days with my boyfriend Bobby. I guess you know it means packing two different kinds of underwear:blush:

Have a great week all. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
03-17-2004, 09:09 PM
Jeanne, at least we all know that you wear UNDERWEAR!:teeth:

Fran, sorry about Kelly. Hope she is doing better!

jiminyC_fan
03-17-2004, 09:11 PM
P.S. Save some Asti for me. I love it, too!!

BeanoC
03-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi Fran !

Yes, you can bring the Asti! Sounds like this group might require 3 or 4 bottles though! :teeth:

Still 7 months and counting...

jiminyC_fan
03-18-2004, 03:15 PM
You bring up Asti and everyone comes out of the woodwork. Hmmm.

DudetteTwo
03-18-2004, 07:55 PM
I even bought a new bag so it would be easier to carry the wine/asti. It is a backpack with wheels & a handle which will make it easy to take on the airplane & pull around the airport. It can probably fit quite a few bottles of asti::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Getting very excited about Long Beach & California here I come....:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

The snow is coming here tonight so I am going to be REALLY ready for the sunshine. Caring for the "old ladies" tomorrow but back to work for the weekend. Hope you all have a terrific weekend. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
03-20-2004, 09:25 AM
You bring up Asti and everyone comes out of the woodwork. Hmmm.

So what are you trying to say??? Hmmmmmm:tongue:

If we each bring at least 1 bottle, we would have enough. Well maybe. I do like that stuff!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Oh My God I can't wait:D

jiminyC_fan
03-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Faith, is it one bottle per couple or one bottle per person? :teeth:

faithmagicmickey
03-21-2004, 09:26 AM
Sandy, If we each person brought one bottle each. We could either get rip roaring drunk or have more than one party.:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

jiminyC_fan
03-21-2004, 10:48 AM
Can you imagine on a wonderful 7 day cruise with a hangover?:earseek:

tchrmom
03-23-2004, 01:23 PM
The last time we ran OUT of champagne/Asti!
Hmmmmm.......maybe we should all bring 2 bottles.
Fran:hyper:

DudetteTwo
03-23-2004, 05:28 PM
I think it's time to start the song & see who replies: 99 bottles of Asti on the wall, 99 bottles of Asti, take one down pass it around, 98 bottles of Asti on the wall........

faithmagicmickey
03-23-2004, 05:36 PM
98 bottles of Asti on the wall 98 bottles of Asti you take one down and pass it around 97 bottles of Asti.

jiminyC_fan
03-23-2004, 06:20 PM
97 bottles of Asti on the wall, 97 bottles of Asti, you take one down and pass it around .........

jiminyC_fan
03-24-2004, 10:07 AM
Jeanne, maybe the mountie trick will work! :teeth:

tchrmom
03-24-2004, 12:06 PM
OK------For those of you that did the Eastern, what excursions did you do? We did 5 star and Golden Eagle last time. I was just trying to figure out what to do this time, since our 60 days out is fast approaching!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

DudetteTwo
03-24-2004, 04:41 PM
97 bottles of Asti on the wall, 97 bottles of Asti, take one down, pass it around 96 bottles of Asti on the wall........

As far as excursion - the skyride in St. Thomas was fun! There is a bar at the top & we all got loaded on "Bushwackers". We also loved going to Magen's Bay. Just ask Sandy. It has waves & an undertow like the Jersey shore.

This is the day the Lord had made:sunny: :sunny:. It is just beautiful in New Jersey. Rain tonight but I don't care I have to work tomorrow and Friday. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

jiminyC_fan
03-24-2004, 07:07 PM
96 bottles of Asti on the wall, 96 bottles of Asti, you take one down and pass it around .....

Jeanne, we need the rain but we are enjoying 80's. Not bad for March in Colorado!

Fran, I second everything Jeanne said about the Eastern.

faithmagicmickey
03-25-2004, 07:52 AM
95 bottles of Asti on the wall 95 bottols of Asti you take one down and pass it around 94 bottles of Asti on the wall.

Hi all day off today :Pinkbounc but had to bring my truck in for the 60 K mile check. So I'm home with no truck, oh well I'll find something to do. Oh heck there is always "spring cleaning":(
I hope you all well. Things here are OK Kristy had another CT Scan yesterday. She still is not feeling great yet, but she has good and bad days. God bless her she still has a great outlook on life. :earseek:
Well, I have to go and start "spring cleaning" now :yo-yo:

Hope you all have a great day.

DMoss3377
03-25-2004, 08:21 AM
94 bottles of Asti on the wall 94 bottles of Asti, you take one down and pass it around 93 bottles of Asti on the wall....

Hi gang...

Wow, where do I begin. Things are all topsy turvy in my life right now.

My DH was offered and accepted a great promotional opportunity with his company. The one catch...lol...we get to move to Georgia! :bounce:

We've wanted to move further south for some time now. This is wonderful news and a wonderful opportunity. So, now we've got the house on the market to sell, I'm wrapping up my degree at the local community college, we've got to pack, and say goodbye. :wave:

So, I'll probably be pretty dormant on the boards for a while. This is a huge move...I've lived in Northern Virginia for the last 21 years. But we're excited and can't wait to start our new life in GA! :hyper:

I'll check in when I can...keep the thread going. Only 7 months to go!

DudetteTwo
03-27-2004, 07:17 AM
94 bottles of Asti on the wall 94 bottles of Asti, take one down pass it around 93 bottles of Asti on the wall......

DANA: Georgia seems to be a really popular place. Atlanta is supposed to be VERY crowded:crowded: and could be a tough adjustment from your current home but change isn't alway bad! Good luck. Remember your board family.

Worked really hard Thursday & Friday so Joyce & I had to go out to our favorite place "Los Amigos" for Margaritas & crabcakes!

Only one week until CALIFORNIA HERE I COME :sunny: ..... I can't wait - getting very excited:jumping1:. I come home on April 14th & then catch another plane to New Orleans with my honey:love2: for five days.

Hope you all have a great weekend filled with fun & excitement. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

BeanoC
03-27-2004, 07:55 PM
Hi all...

Just checking back in again, so y'all won't forget me!

I got a call from my TA yesterday, and our name finally came up on the waitlist for category 1 !

So we are all jazzed that we were able to get the Roy Disney Suite for this cruise. So like I said before... party's in Beano's room! :teeth:

DudetteTwo
03-29-2004, 02:43 AM
3:38 AM & I woke up & can't fall back to sleep. Just too excited about my trip on Saturday to California:sunny:.

PARTIES: So far parties in the Walt Disney & Roy Disney Suites. Can't wait!:jumping4: Remember I'll bring Asti. What is it now? 92 bottles of Asti on the wall, 92 bottles of Asti. Take one down pass it around, 91 bottle of Asti on the wall...

CPR today, pedicure & fill-ins then working Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. My son has his police academy hearing Friday. The hairdresser is coming to my house Friday night to do my hair & then it is off to sunny California.

May not get an opportunity to post again. Keep well & happy. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
03-29-2004, 07:09 AM
COOL :smooth: PARTY CENTRAL IN BEANO'S ROOM.
I'm very happy for you Beano. I know we will all have a blast.:Pinkbounc

91 bottles of Asti on the wall 91 bottles of Asti you take one down pass it around 90 bottles of Asti on the wall.

Jeanne, Have a safe trip to California. :wave:

jiminyC_fan
03-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Bye Jeanne. Have a great time. Don't forget to send me a postcard. Love you! :wave:

Beano, I bet you are doing the happy dance!

Dana, could your life get more busy?? I think that you will enjoy your move. You have a great attitude. Congrats to hubby. You will need this cruise after the move!

Nothing new with me other than someone stole my DD's debit number and has had a good time with it. The bank has handled it very well. The person has spent from 1200.00 in Japan to 25 cents at an art gallery somewhere on the US East Coast. Probably will never know how they got the number.

jiminyC_fan
03-29-2004, 10:34 AM
:wave2: HI FAITH !! :wave2:

faithmagicmickey
03-29-2004, 04:54 PM
:wave: Hi Sandy, Long time no talk to. I'm sorry to hear abput your DD's debit number. Boy some people are nuts, I hope they catch the person who did this.

Dana, Congrats and best of luck to you and your family.

Some good news, we are going WDW 3 days before the cruise. We are going to stay at the Swan. My DH has never been to the Animal Kingdom or MGM and has not been to Epcot for many years. So he will now get a chance to see them. Then after the Cruise we will be staying at the Grand Floridian for 2 days.
CAN'T WAIT! CAN'T WAIT!WAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Talk to you all soon,

faithmagicmickey
03-29-2004, 04:56 PM
90 bottles of Asti on the wall 90 bottles of Asti you take one down and pass it arount 89 bottles of Asti on the wall.

jiminyC_fan
03-29-2004, 05:10 PM
89 bottles of Asti on the wall, 89 bottles of Asti, you take one down and pass it around........

Your trip sounds great Faith. Your DH will love it I am sure. Our air times have changed so we might go to MK on the 30th. We will have to wait until closer to decide. Might just be Downtown Disney. We have rented a car so we can pretty do whatever we want. We are talking now on IM so will post this.

faithmagicmickey
03-29-2004, 05:24 PM
88 bottles of asti on the wall 88 bottles of Asti you take one down pass it around 87 bottles of Asti on the wall.

Hey Sandy I will be at MK on the 30th as well. Maybe we will have to get together.
:Pinkbounc

jiminyC_fan
03-29-2004, 09:27 PM
87 bottles of yummy Asti, 87 bottles of Asti, you take one down and pass it around.......

Faith, enjoyed talking to you tonight. Man, I am so excited for the trip after talking to you that I don't think I will sleep tonight. I get the kids tomorrow and if I don't sleep I think that I will look exactly like :crazy: especially with my red hair!

faithmagicmickey
03-31-2004, 07:55 PM
87 bottles of yummy Asti, 87 bottles of Asti, you take one down and pass it around.......

Faith, enjoyed talking to you tonight. Man, I am so excited for the trip after talking to you that I don't think I will sleep tonight. I get the kids tomorrow and if I don't sleep I think that I will look exactly like :crazy: especially with my red hair!

86 bottles of Asti on the wall 86 bottles of Asti take one down pass it around 85 bottles of asti on the wall.

Sandy, you are too funny:hyper:

faithmagicmickey
04-03-2004, 08:32 AM
85 bottles of Asti on the wall 85 bottles of Asti take one down pass it around 84 bottles of Asti on the wall.

Well it's about 9:30am on Sat. I needed to take a break from cleaning. I've been up for a while now, can't sleep even on my day off. :rolleyes: Just wanted to pop in to see what ya all are doing but I guess you guys are just too busy. :jester:

Oh well got to get back to my cleaning :wave:

Oh Sandy, have you talked to the Dudett's yet re: what we spoke about on the phone the other night? Please let me know what they think so we can make the arrangements.

jiminyC_fan
04-03-2004, 02:48 PM
I am doing the rain happy dance. We got rain and lots of it overnight. :Pinkbounc :bounce: The lawn and trees are sooo happy. I am sure that it helped the wildfire also.

Faith, I haven't talked to anyone yet because Jeanne is in CA. visiting her daughter. Then onto New Orleans with Bobby. I talked to Bonnie on the phone today but she isn't going on the cruise. At least YET. I am trying to change her mind. So far it isn't working.

jiminyC_fan
04-05-2004, 08:45 AM
Good :sunny: morning. We are doing the happy dance still. Getting more rain this afternoon. :umbrella: After a very dry winter this is so wonderful.

Had lunch yesterday with some fellow disers from another town. We drove 72 miles to meet up with them. It was a very nice lunch. Haven't seen them for a couple of months. We met them on our last cruise. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo They are all going on the cruise before ours this year with Denine.

faithmagicmickey
04-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi all:wave: Hope ya all had a great weekend. I did, lots of stuff to do Saturday (house cleaning and shppping ect) then on Sunday I had to work, very busy day, than Kristy and I went to see Jersey Girl (it was good). ::yes::

Sandy, glad to see you doing the happy rain dance:hyper: We had some sonw today but not too much.
Wow long drive to see some friends. Good for you.

jiminyC_fan
04-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Might be doing the happy dance again today. Sure hope so. Lately in Denver we don't sing "rain, rain, go away, come again another day". We need it too bad.

Yea, we drove for a distance for the lunch. That crowd usually comes here so it is only fair. It was 72 miles ONE way.

I am glad that you saw Jersey Girl, Faith. It has caught my eye. I want to see it.

By the way............:crazy: 84 and 83 and 82 bottles of Asti on the wall. (I didn't post it the last few posts, thought I better play catch up)

Hope Jeanne is enjoying her stay in :sunny: CA.

faithmagicmickey
04-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Ok 82 bottles of Asti on the wal 82 bottles of Asti you take one down pass it around 81 bottles of Asti on the wall.

Thats is all I have to say.

Faith :wave2:

jiminyC_fan
04-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Ok Faith, I think I know you well enough by now that you have much more to say! :teeth: Love ya, mean it.

81 bottles of Asti on the wall, 81 bottles of Asti, you take one down and pass it around......

faithmagicmickey
04-06-2004, 04:48 PM
LOL Sandy

80 bottles of Asti on the wall 80 bottles of Asti, you take one down pass it around 79 bottles of Asti on the wall.

I just wanted to get of the "80's" LOL

jiminyC_fan
04-06-2004, 04:50 PM
79 bottles of Asti on the wall 79 bottles of Asti you take one down and pass it around......

At this rate we will be done in about an hour!:Pinkbounc

faithmagicmickey
04-07-2004, 05:21 PM
78 bottles of Asti on the wall 78 bottles of Asti you take one down pass it around 77 bottles of Asti on the wall.

Hi all, had way too much fun today at work NOT!!!!!!:tongue:
But have tomorrow off.:Pinkbounc
But I have to work this weekend.:(
Oh well someone has to:jester:

Hope you all have a great Easter weekend.

faithmagicmickey
04-16-2004, 06:01 PM
OK THE LAST POST ON THIS THREAD WAS 4/7/04 AND IT WAS MY POST. I GUESS NO ONE IS ON THIS THREAD ANYMORE. DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU ALL ARE. I'VE BEEN CHECKING TO SEE IF ANYONE IS ON AT ALL BUT I GUESS NOT. ANYWAY THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST ON THIS THREAD. I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL ON THE CRUISE. I'M JUST SICK OF TRYING TO FIND THIS THREAD I HAD TO GO THROUGH 3 PAGES TO FIND IT. JUST NOT ACTIVE ENOUGH FOR ME.
SEE YOU ALL IN OCTOBER!!!!!!!

Sandy, if you read this I will email you.

tarzanman
04-17-2004, 10:00 PM
I have been away from the DIS for a while now. I just forget sometimes.

Way to go Dana and Steve!!! I hope that your visit to Georgia this weekend helped you find someplace to move to.

jiminyC_fan
04-18-2004, 06:54 PM
I have chosen to abort the thread also. :( See you all on the ship in October. :wave2: Sandy

skylynx
04-20-2004, 04:05 PM
Hi, Everyone

Well, we're still here and willing to keep this thread alive. John and I are busy strategizing our wedding. We're planning on at least part of our honeymoon at WDW...got three nights booked so far at Animal Kingdom Lodge (which we love). We met at WDW at a Disney Institue business course and couldn't imagine Disney not being a part of our wedding celebration (the ceremony will be at a ranch in Las Vegas). No way will I be gypped out of wearing the white bride ears and veil (it will be the only veil I'm wearing this go round!) June 28 is our target date as long as all the legal mess with my divorce concludes on schedule.

So looking forward to this cruise in October. It has been such a difficult year for many reasons and many times the knowledge of this cruise on the horizon has brightened a dark hour. Since we've only been on four day cruises, the notion of nearly double the pleasure (and new ports of call) is pretty intoxicating.

Please keep the job search vibes coming...things are getting desperate!

Denise

BeanoC
04-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Hey tarzanman! Nice to hear from you.

I hate to think that this cruise is still 6 months away. Maybe that's why some of us... you know... with jobs and busy lives - don't post everyday. So we'll let those who don't care to waste their time waiting for us go it alone! :) They only talk to each other anyway! Have fun, guys.

Now, as for the rest of us... post and say hi when you can!
172 days (I think!) and counting. Party's in Beano's room!

DMoss3377
04-22-2004, 01:33 PM
Hey gang...

Wow...my life is in such turmoil. I feel like a Pineapple Upside Down cake...withouth the pineapple or cake. LOL

We sold our house in 9 DAYS! Moved out completely in 13 days, and now I'm staying with friends while I finish up my job here in VA, while my DH is already in GA at his new job. Kind of hard finding a house with me not there to do the looking...poor DH is trying, but he just keeps saying, 'Oh, you'll just have to see it yourself." LOL...well, that won't be for 2 more weeks.

Then to top things off, I'm helping 2 friends plan their weddings, one is in 2 weeks. I'm matron of honor in both. And for a couple days this week, I thought I'd be out on the street with my two dogs. As we were "found" out for staying with one of my friends who's not allowed to have pets. But luckily I'm blessed with many friends who have come to my rescue. :)

It's so hard to keep up with the thread with everything going on, I barely get on the computer anymore unless it's at work. Which everyone knows can be a sticky situation...doing personal stuff at work. :(

Hopefully once I get settle in GA, I'll be able to keep up with the thread a little better. Otherwise, I'm just looking forward to seeing you all on the cruise. 6 months...sounds like a long time, but with the way my life has been going, it will be here in no time!!!:hyper:

Good luck on the job front Denise, I'm sending you some pixie dust. :) And Beano...did you say Party? Hell yeah! And Tarzanman...congratulations are in order for you as well. :) Catch up with you all soon...I hope. :)

jiminyC_fan
04-22-2004, 02:45 PM
I hope that each one of you have your own minds and can decide for yourself that we are not bad people. We just wanted more postings from the rest of you because the two of us can talk outside the thread. We would have loved to have gotten to know each and every one of you. I have a list going of all of your screen names, your real names, your spouses, your kids, ages and whatever else about YOU because I DO CARE about YOU.

I am sorry that Beano felt like he had to criticize us. I don't think we did anything wrong. I just feel that it was a little below the belt.

BeanoC
04-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Sandy - I didn't expect you to post again, since you had chosen to "abort" this thread. Maybe I misunderstood?

My comments weren't designed to be rude. I was just responding in kind. As I said, the cruise is 6 months away. 6 months from today, as a matter of fact! We always become very active during the last 2 or 3 months, planning excursions, Palo, etc. Right now, there are simply more important things to focus on.

And if you'd like to know about the bonds formed from these cruises, you might ask kamgen. Or tarzanman. Or DMoss. They can all tell you what a rotten guy I am. (This is our 4th cruise together with kamgen and tarzanman, and our 8th vacation together since meeting aboard the Magic just 2 and a half years ago).

Anyway, no hard feelings! :teeth: Have a great cruise.

jiminyC_fan
04-23-2004, 11:34 AM
My mom always taught me "if I don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all". I strongly live by that. I also live by my signature "always let your conscience be your guide".

I chose to post again to defend myself from you.:teeth:

DMoss3377
04-23-2004, 01:58 PM
I have to defend my Beano...;)

He's a great guy...and I didn't take offense to what he said. He's right. I for one haven't been able to keep up with the boards well at all and I don't want anyone trying to make me feel guilty for not posting everyday, making someone feel like they have to "abort" the thread or feel "SICK OF TRYING TO FIND THIS THREAD".

Beano started this thread incredibly early because several of us, who met through the DIS boards, cruised and rebooked together in October. We were all psyched about going, then holiday's, family stuff, jobs, (my move to GA), etc, has toned down the chit chat. Now that we're only 6 months out, I'm sure things will pick up.

I think Beano was just trying to make a point that no one should feel slighted or feel the need to announce "aborting" the thread because we haven't been all chatty. I for one will continue posting to this thread, will look forward to meeting everyone I can, and getting to know anyone who sticks around on the threads until the cruise. Hope everyone else can do the same. :teeth:

jiminyC_fan
04-23-2004, 02:58 PM
:teeth: Things will smooth over and a good time will be had by ALL! After all, a cruise is a CRUISE! I for one will not let a silly post by us or by Beano ruin it for me. Best of times for all.

To friendship......new or old. :drinking: :drinking:

tchrmom
04-25-2004, 08:18 AM
:wave:
Just a quick "HI" to all........

We're busy here, getting ready for our May cruise!:hyper:

Only 34 more days to wait!

Fran

DudetteTwo
04-25-2004, 09:28 AM
FRAN: How do you get off from teaching in May or is school over that early in Florida? Have a great cruise:boat:.

I would be jealous but I just came home from a 15 day vacation. 10 days in California with my daughter in which we saw & did EVERYTHING & then back home long enough to change suitcases & fly to New Orleans for the French Quarter Festival. It did not rain one day but back home in New Jersey they had 13 days of rain out of 15 days:umbrella:

I brought the nice weather back to New Jersey with me becauseit has been really beautiful:sunny: :sunny:

GO FLYERS:happy2: :thewave: Have a great Sunday & a great week. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

tarzanman
04-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Yeah Fran, How are you doing that? Why didn't you invite us to go with you?

By the way all, Kamgen and I are moving to Ft. Lauderdale, FL!!! I recently got a job still with Ford in Deerfield Beach. We are so excited! We probably won't be down there until late June or July but we will be there soon. We cannot wait to find out what life is like with Florida resident rates for stuff.

We hope to see all of our almost local cruise friends that we have met over the years.

Dana and Steve will not be too far away to meet somewhere in the middle. Let's plan it baby!!!

Later

tchrmom
04-25-2004, 01:44 PM
Considering that teachers went back to work on July 30th, I think this year. The kids went back August 6th...........I feel like the end SHOULD be here!

The last day for students is May 26th. Teacher go until 1:00 on the 28th of May. We sail the 29th!!!!!!!!

Tarzanman..I grew up near Deerfield, In Coconut Creek. Have Fun, and enjoy!
Fran

tarzanman
04-26-2004, 07:50 AM
I am with Dana on the Beano thing. He is just a fantastic guy all around. You will find that with Tarzanman and Beano, you get the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Why would you say that you want to abandon a thread and call people out in general for not posting? That doesn't seem very nice. We are all pretty busy with life recently. It has been a hectic 4 months or so. I am sure that the thread will pick up. Hang in there!!! It will fly soon enough where everyday will add four more pages. Can't wait to meet you all on our 7th Disney Cruise!!!!!!

BeanoC
04-27-2004, 10:58 AM
...and after this cruise, we can start planning a west coast Magic cruise! :happy2:

The Magic will be out here with us next summer, it appears.
Time for all you Floridians to come out to 'BeanoLand' for a cruise!! :teeth:

Dana and Tim - Thank You. I appreciate your friendship.

(Voice of Eric Cartman) I love you guys!! :love:

kamgen
04-29-2004, 01:02 PM
Look who decided to return to the thread????:earseek:
Yes, it is KAMGEN!!!!:happy2:

and let me just say, Beano is an awesome guy!!!!! He is way cool!!! :cool1:

We have been incredibly busy and have neglected the DIS entirely....but we are so ready to cruise....and ready to move down to FL! :sunny:

Less than 6mths to go! And then I will be back with my Old DIS cruise friends and meet some new ones!
:thewave:

tchrmom
05-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Kami
Mickey is waiting! All you need is a FL driver's Lic. and something like your electric bill that shows your FL address, and you too can be an annual passholder too!

Now we're getting excited at our house, since we can say, "We're taking a Disney Cruise at the end of the month.":hyper:

We'll have a sail-away drink for all our DIS buddies!

Have a great week!
Fran:drinking1

tchrmom
05-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Hey Beano........

We'll get to take a cruise from your part of the country!

We booked the 7/2/05 Magic from Los Ang. We'll also spend a few days at Disneyland!

3 cruises on the agenda! Life IS good!
Fran

BeanoC
05-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Fran - That's awesome!

We were considering either the June 25th cruise or the July 2nd cruise. Now that we know you guys will be on the July 2nd cruise...

We will definitely take the earlier one! :teeth:

Just kidding!!!

I am hoping to get Tim and Kamy out here for one of those cruises. We'd love to be on board with you guys again!

I actually put in for a quote for the 14 day transition cruise from Florida to CA, even though we can't go because the kids are in school. Besides, the best I could get was category 4. How is that, anyway... cat's 1 through 3 are sold out for a cruise that doesn't officially exist yet?? Oh well. Can't go anyway!

But June or July, now that we CAN do. And we will. With all the money we'll save on airfare, we can really go first class! :crazy:

Can't wait to see you guys in October... so we can start planning for next July! ;)

tchrmom
05-08-2004, 02:15 PM
We can't have this thing on page 3!
Fran

BeanoC
05-11-2004, 10:45 AM
I agree Fran!

It's been even harder to post lately, though. Life has been frantic ! So much to do...

But I am ready to cruise! :earsboy:

tchrmom
05-12-2004, 07:43 PM
:bored:

I'm REALLY ready!
:drinking1

I'll have a konk kooler for you!
Only 16 more days!:cool1:
Fran

BeanoC
05-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Fran, that is SO cool... going on a Disney Cruise in 2 weeks! I am WAY jealous.

I don't think I like you anymore. :p

Have a fantastic time, and report back here as soon as you get home!

Beano Out. :cool:

kamgen
05-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Wish I were on a Disney cruise right now! LOL!!
I just need to get this move done! hehehe

FL here we come!:sunny:

DudetteTwo
05-18-2004, 01:56 PM
I really need a cruise now:boat:. I would probably settle for a few bushwackers :drinking: :drinking:

I am really looking forward to this cruise but now with the prospect of a 14 day Disney cruise through the Panama Canal I don't know what could be more exciting:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc !

Philadelphia had three winners on Saturday - THE FLYERS, Smarty Jones & The Phillies.:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: I can only say one thing GOOOOOOOO FLYERS :thewave: Have a great week. :wave2: :earsgirl: Toodles, JEANNE

DMoss3377
05-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Hi!

Well...we're in GEORGIA! We're still house hunting, but prospects are good.

I've been here just over a week. It's been a very hard week...we lost a good friend the day after I arrived in GA. My dog, passed away from a tumor on his spleen that we weren't aware of. He was with me since he was 3 mos old and he was only a little over 8 years old when he died. The vet in GA said we couldn't have done anything even if we'd known earlier. It has definitly made this transition a hard one.

But things look better every day. Once we get settled, I'm sure I'll be more like myself. Just wanted to pop in really quick and give you all an update.

Hope all is well with you!

BeanoC
05-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi all...

Dana, so sorry to hear about your loss. :( My 9 year old Golden Retreiver died just recently, so I understand what you're feeling.
I'm with ya babe! :hug:

We're down to 5 months now... I got my airlines tickets last week, resort ressies, MNSSHP tickets, etc. I'm ready!

:boat:

DudetteTwo
05-19-2004, 05:49 PM
DANA: Don't worry your doggie will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge! I lost my old lady dog about two years ago & still can't talk about it but I do have a husky now named Dodger who keeps me busy (I swore I would never have another dog).

Are you excited yet:jumping2: Lots of exciting things in the future.

GOOOOO FLYERS:thewave: & remember it's not over until the fat lady sings..... Have a great night. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

XLT800
05-20-2004, 02:23 PM
Jeanne.........that would be the fat lady warming up:goodvibes

It has been a great series no matter who wins!

Just wanted to pop in to say hi. We cruise in 8 days then we can get ready for this cruise.

GO BOLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

tchrmom
05-20-2004, 08:31 PM
But we have to cheer on Tampa!

But, if we do lose.......we have 7 days on the Magic to make us feel better!

Fran::yes::

DudetteTwo
05-21-2004, 08:29 AM
I was sooooo excited last night:Pinkbounc I got to the point where I didn't care who won because the game was so great but it turned out to be the best game when THE FLYERS won in OT! Sorry Tampa Bay fans but the fat lady didn't sing....

Are we starting to place our drink orders for the cruise yet? I bought a special backpack on wheels just to carry my Asti since the bottles were really heavy to carry in a bag (quick learner)

:drinking: but I am willing to share. I love Asti, beer & my newest love (after a trip to New Orleans) is a frozen mango with southern comfort.

Hope you all have a great day & a terrific weekend. It is supposed to be really hot:sunny: this weekend. Today I am going out to lunch with my cousin visiting from Stony Point, NC. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

tchrmom
05-22-2004, 06:41 AM
I probably won't be able to write much this week...........you know, busy with ending school, and packing for the cruise, and all that............
But just wanted to let you know.:cool1:

(Sorry, Beano, I couln't resist!)

Fran

DudetteTwo
05-23-2004, 04:01 PM
POOR FLYERS:sad: If you love a team, you love them win or lose! I would've been happier if they went into OT.

SANDY: You are getting me ready for the cruise with my Disney Caribbean Steel drum music CD.:boat:

Hope you all have a terrific week. New Jersey is hot:sunny: hot:sunny: hot:sunny: Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

DudetteTwo
05-24-2004, 02:51 PM
I just wanted to tell you, at one time I lived on Davis Island in Tampa but I really have to do alot of thinking before I can cheer:cheer2: for Tampa Bay.

The board is very quiet but my computer is hot too & very slow today:badpc: so I am done. It is 90 degrees here in N.J.:sunny: Hope you all have a terrific week. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

tchrmom
05-25-2004, 09:41 PM
Page 2?

BeanoC
05-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone!

Fran, you wouldn't be getting excited would you? ;)

Have a GREAT cruise!

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day holiday. I know we will since we get to spend ours with Tim & Kamy!! :jumping1:

Talk to y'all soon :earsboy:

'Beano:cool:

tchrmom
05-26-2004, 06:31 PM
:Pinkbounc :bounce:
Let's see.......tomorrow is the last day of school.
I'm going to the port on Friday afternoon.
We cruise on Sat.
No, I have NOTHING to be excited about!:earboy2:

I can't wait!
I'll have a konk kooler for you, Beano!
Fran :teacher:

skylynx
05-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Hi, Everyone

First off, Dana, I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Having lost a precious dog before and also a beloved horse I've had for 17 years this year, I know what that pain feels like. Perhaps the new Georgia home will sometime soon welcome a new puppy? One never replaces the other, but it sure helps to fill that sad vacant space in your heart.

My glad news is that my divorce was finalized Monday morning so all systems are go for our June 28 wedding in Vegas and Disney World honeymoon. We're staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge so no one can hear us over the other wild beasts. We've stayed there before, and know that they have cameras on the savannah view balconies ;-)

It has been a long haul to get to this point, and so we are happily making plans for flowers and cakes and music and all those things that somehow seem so much more FUN this second time around. There's still no good news on the jobs front for either of us, but that isn't stopping us from steaming ahead. We figure the stroke of bad employment luck can't stick around forever.

Cheers to everyone....

BeanoC
06-04-2004, 10:24 AM
:earseek: BUMP!
where is everyone???

pdarrah
06-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Hi - We are Newbies, but I love the idea of getting to know some of our fellow cruisers before we even set sail! My DH and I have cruised before but is was over 10 years ago on Carnival.

As you can see below, we are WDW fans. We have been involved with the Compuserve Florida Forum for years and have attended the Disneymania groups annual Fall meet at WDW for nearly a decade. I am feeling a little traitorous - we are skipping the meet this year so we can do the cruise and here I am posting on a new forum! :eek:

We are total newbies to DIS Forums - I haven't actually researched for a disney vacation in several years. One of the reasons we keep going back to WDW (besides that it is fun :) ) is that it is an "easy" vacation that doesn't require any research.

My DS (5 years old) received a copy of the DCL DVD a few months ago and as soon as he watched it, he thought we should go on "Mickey's boat". This is the year of our 15th wedding anniversary, so we will celebrate it a little late with a "special" vacation. Hopefully, DS will enjoy the kid clubs so DH & I can have 1 or 2 adult dinners together.

My name is Pamela and I am 39, my DH is Dan and will turn 38 while we are cruising. Our son is 5. We live in a far western suburb of Chicago. We have been restoring an old house for the last 14 years. We both sing in a choir. We both work full time (Dan is a software project manager and I work in my family's business.) We also garden, occasionally ballroom dance, read a lot, sell old glassware on ebay, and way too many other things.

I tend to be fairly good about keeping up with a forum when I am planning a trip, but "real life" intrudes a lot, so then I disapear for a while. I have read through this entire thread (yes, really!) and it sounds like you all have done this before - it all sounds like a lot of fun!

BeanoC
06-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Hi Pamela !!

First of all, welcome to the DIS, and welcome to our thread!!

My wife and I also celebrate 15 years of marriage this year. As a family, this will be our 6th Disney cruise.

Some great friendships have been formed from initial meetings on these boards, and we always look forward to creating more... so welcome.

The groups we form here generally get together for the sailaway party on board, as well as a party in my family's stateroom during the cruise. Consider yourselves invited.

Please keep posting so we can get to know each other more. We can't wait to meet and/or reunite with everyone in October!! (Just be weary of 'Kamgen' and 'tarzanman'. They're WAY weird).

abitjaded
06-06-2004, 03:42 PM
Hello all,

We are DH and DW and DS-11 and DS-8 when we cruise. We have done two DCL cruises before, both Eastern. We were booked for January, 2005 but my older son will be in Jr. High and not off then. So, we changed to this date. Our younger son will miss a week of school, oh, oh.

We are snorkel addicts and would love input on excursions. DH and I dove Palancar Reef many years ago, BC., but have never been to Cayman. What are the best snorkel sites on the itinerary?

We have booked a category 9 cabin, steerage at the aft end, bad room according to Passporter, noisy. We hope to get something better as the pay deadline passes.

Carla

tchrmom
06-06-2004, 04:05 PM
OK, we're back!

What a great cruise! Now to start that diet, AGAIN, so that we can loose all the weight we gained this week, and be ready for October! (guess I better get those clothes off the treadmill)

Golden Mickey's was better, IMHO, than Disney Dreams.
Can't wait to see you guys again!
Fran:teacher:

pdarrah
06-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Thank you BeanoC for the kind welcome. We are really looking forward to this cruise and I am now is full "research mode" and trying to learn all I can. (I haven't actually done this in several years since we have just been going to WDW for all our vacations.)

Looking through the thread, it looks like most of the kids going are older than ours. Our son (name=Darrah - same as my last name) just turned 5, so he will be 5.5 for the cruise. He is looking forward to the Oceaneers Club, but it would be nice if he could meet an online friend before we go! Oh-well, there are still nearly 5 months to go, so there is still a chance.

Thank you for the party invite! At this point I usually ask, "what can we bring?", but it is a little hard to imagine carrying appetizers in our luggage :) Not to mention rather silly to bring food onto a cruise ship! If there is anything we can bring, please let us know.

We haven't made any decisions yet on shore excursions. Dan & I love to snorkle and I am going to work with Darrah this summer and try to teach him. If that works out, I really want to do this at Cozumel & Grand Caymen. (Dan & I first snorkled at Cozumel over 10 years ago on a carnival cruise) It looks like a number of the excursions have age limits of 6 and up, so we may have to arrange these on our own...

We are signed up for the late seating - partly because I don't want to be rushed and partly because I am hoping for fewer kids. Our DS is very used to dining out (he goes out to lunch 2 or 3 times every week with grandma & grandpa & out to dinner with us fairly often) and may not even choose to dine with us, so taking early seating for his sake didn't make much sense. I much prefer to dine without tons of kids around. How "cool" is the color change at Animator's Palette - should we push for him to dine with us when we are there?

>>Just be weary of 'Kamgen' and 'tarzanman'. They're WAY weird<<

Way weird is OK - I have never considered us to very "normal"! How can I be "weary" of someone I haven't met yet? :D

That is all for now - I'll try to post occasionally so we can all get to know each other a bit.

Pamela

tchrmom
06-07-2004, 01:21 PM
:chat:

We are a "chatty" group. We usually start to pick up the pace, about 1 month before we cruise. There is always the "last one to receive docs buys the first round" contest. Beano was last, as I recall.
(tchrmom smiles because she was first last time):sunny:

We did Capt. Marvins (Stingray tour) on our own last time we went, and it was great! I think I e-mailed them ahead of time.

Welcomne....and have a great day!

tarzanman
06-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Pamela,

I just wanted to stick up for my DW and I. We are weird of course, but so is everyone else in the group. Beano especially. I guess we are all weird. People walking around for 7 days with stupid grins on their faces and drinks in their hands. Sometimes dancing by themselves on the dance floor or doing the YMCA. We all qualify.

Can't wait to meet all the new folks. This will be Kamgen and my 7th DCL cruise. 3 4nt cruises (1 New Years), 1 3nt cruise and 2 7nt cruises (East and West). If you have questions, this is a group to ask. We have all done things Disney's way and our own.

kamgen
06-07-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey everyone!!!
Just wanted to chime in!!:wave:

Fran- Welcome back! I am so envious...but soon I will be a FL resident, so I can hold the excitement! :Pinkbounc We loved Golden Mickeys....great show!! ::yes::

Welcome all you newbies! This you will see is a great group of people who love to cruise, love Disney, and love meeting new people....and don't worry....we aren't THAT weird:crazy:

Well, actually.....oh forget it, don't want to scare anyone off! :earboy2:

We do love to have a good time and make the most of our vacations!!! So bring it on... I am so ready! :boat:

pdarrah
06-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone!

Our DS5 (Darrah) decided last night that he had to watch the DCL DVD again. This is the first time he has seen it since we booked the cruise. Wow! He is really excited :hyper:

We are still a long way out, but he watched the section on dining and told us that "you guys (DH & I) can eat at those places - I am going to eat with the kids!" At this point in time, it doesn't sound like he is planning to spend much time with us :earsboy: - isn't this supposed to wait until his tweens?

I have a question for those of you who have had kids at the clubs before. My DS5 is planning on bringing his halloween costume because he is being a pirate this year and he is going on a ship ... therefore he needs his pirate outfit. (5 year old logic) If I give in on this, is it going to be just extra baggage, or will he actually have a chance to wear it and not be out of place? If there isn't anything at the clubs, it occured to me that he might be able to wear it on formal night - sort of like the little girls wearing their princess outfits. He is planning on being a "fancy" pirate like Captain Hook - not a "messy" pirate like the Pirates of the Carribean ride. Any thoughts on this? I'd like to keep the bagage down, but I don't want to tell him no and then get "I told you I needed it" all week!

Thanks,

Pamela

tchrmom
06-10-2004, 04:07 PM
pdarrah.......

We just returned from the 5/28 eastern cruise. One day, they actually had a "Pirates and Princesses" party for the kids. I saw several bays in pirate costumes, and wondered how they knew to bring one. Not sure if they will do this again on the western, but, it's worth a shot to bring the costume!
Hope this helps!
Fran
pirate:

DMoss3377
06-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone...

Welcome Pamela! Will be looking forward to meeting you and all the new people. :)

Well, today is moving day. We finally get to move in to our house today! :bounce:

Two months living like gypsies is about to end. :teeth:

After we're all settled, we'll be in full planning mode...all we keep talking about is how we're soooooo ready for this cruise. The last couple months have been very stressful. Time for some R&R, and a BBC, maybe a couple Dac's, beer sounds good too...and most importantly...some LAUGHS!!! Which we're sure to get as long as Beano, Kamgen and Tarzanman are around! :)

Miss you guys! Hope the move is going well Kam&Tarzan. :)

Gotta get movin...:)

abitjaded
06-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Pamela,

There is a pirates "thing" for the kids in the clubs, I think for your guy's age group. DS 7 did it last year, they actually do a whole dress-up, tieing on bandannas and drawing mustaches. He could wear his stuff for that, but they do have costumes for them to loan. I say let the little guy wear it for formal or semi-formal night, too. I think it would be a hoot. My DS bought a captain's hat in St Thomas and wears it whenever we get near water, it got him lots of salutes on the ship from the crew. But I do know what you mean about luggage. Several times we have dressed up for MNSSHP and it takes up a whole suitcase! Zorro and fireman hats are a little tough to pack! And with all the formal stuff taking up another suitcase, and the snorkel gear and...

DMoss, congrats on the new house, but I still cannot find stuff from moving after several years!

Carla

pdarrah
06-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi tchrmom and abitjaded,

Thank you for your thoughts on the pirate costume. I think we'll plan to bring it. I better tell grandma to make it with lighter materials than she usually does for halloween stuff! (Here near Chicago, it can snow on Halloween and is almost always cold.) He can always wear a turtleneck under it when he trick-or-treats back at home. pirate:

We are going to have far more luggage than usual for this trip! We usually manage to pack in 2 medium sized suitcases and 1 carryon. For this, we're probably going to need another suitcase just for snorkle gear and halloween costume. Not to mention a garment bag for DH's tux and my dresses. (I haven't taken a dress to WDW in at least a decade!) Oh well, at least DS5 is getting big enough we don't have to bring a stroller...

Pamela

tchrmom
06-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Page two? This can't be!

BUMP!:wave:
Fran

tarzanman
06-17-2004, 09:20 AM
Good move Fran! Second page is terrible.

DMOSS,

The move is not progressing the way we would like but we are hanging in there. We just need our house to sell and then we can get out of here. I am moving down 2 weeks from today. Kamgen is staying in MI a while longer.

I hope that your move went well. I am keeping my fingers crossed about ours.

Later.

BeanoC
06-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Hi everyone,

I hope y'all had a good Father's Day weekend. I did, but I ate too much! Oh well, what else is knew. :)

4 months from today, we leave for the cruise. I hope they have some food on that ship. :teeth:

pdarrah
06-22-2004, 01:20 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions and I thought I would try here first since so many of you have cruised DCL before...

Does anyone know the days for the Character Breakfasts? Passporter says Sunday, Monday & Thursday, but the Navigators at DCLTribute say Monday, Wednesday & Thursday. I also have had trouble figuring out which days Palo has Brunch and Tea. The navigators may not be the best to go on since they seem to be Easter week which may have been different.

I am trying to put together a chart like the one I have seen on the board for the Eastern (I believe it was originally by mmouse37), but never having done a DCL cruise I have to go by the info I can gleen from Passporter and on-line.

Do you think there are less people than normal booked for our Oct23 date? The other weeks in October seem to be much more active - have we hit a "light" week? (I wouldn't mind - my biggest fear of such a large ship is the crowds!)

Thanks for any help. If I get this chart completed, I'll post it for everyone to use.

Pamela

kamgen
06-23-2004, 06:59 AM
We have been on the ship at capacity and it was fine. We don't seem to notice a big difference in the crowds and they rarely affect our cruise vacation. I think Oct is a light time of year and we love cruising at that time.

As for the meals, I find the best source to be Barb & Tony's site (castawayclub)
They have RECENT navigators that list the times and days. I would check there.

Is it time to cruise yet?? :boat:

DMoss3377
06-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey gang...

We're still settling in...still unpacking, but we're about 3/4 of the way through. It's definitly going to take some time to get used to living in a new place. Haven't started looking for a job yet...hopefully will have little trouble when I start. :)

Really looking forward to the cruise...my DH and I keep talking about it all the time. Especially since we're going to get to see our friends...and meet all you new people. ;)

Tarzanman&Kamgen: We're keeping you guys in our prayers. Steve and I can definitly relate. :) If there's anything we can do, you've got our number. :wave2:

Beano/Tarzanman/Kamgen: Steve and I would love to do MNSSHP with you. Keep us informed...we're a little out of touch with the move.

Well...gotta get back to the boxes. :) See you all soon!

pdarrah
06-24-2004, 03:56 PM
Well, I finally figured out what is going on with the Navigators I was looking at. On the first day, there is a section that is called "Highlights of your Western Caribbean Cruise" and it seems to have had a consistent typo for quite a while!

It shows the Character Breakfast as Mon, Wed & Thu. If you look through all the individual day Navigators, there is dining info on page 4. Here you find the correct information that the Character Breakfasts are on Sun, Mon & Thu. I have found this same first day typo in 3 different Western Navigators on-line!

I also found that the Palo Brunch was served on Sun, Mon & Thu and that Palo Tea was on only Mon & Thu.

I have created a new version of the chart (I mentioned the original above - it was by mmouse37) which shows all the dining info. If anyone else wants to look at it, it is at http://www.bwdarrah.com/DiningChart_Western.jpg JPG Version (117kb) (http://www.bwdarrah.com/DiningChart_Western.jpg )

If anyone spots any errors, please let me know and I'll fix it....

(Have you noticed that I am definitely type-A when it comes to planning a trip????)

Pamela

kamgen
06-25-2004, 08:19 AM
Pamela - Great idea! Join the club...I am so Type A!! LOL!!!

skylynx
06-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Hello, fellow cruisers

We're finishing off the packing for our trip to Las Vegas tomorrow and our wedding Monday morning at 11 Vegas time! Then on Wednesday the 30th we're off to the Magic Kingdom for a four night honeymoon. We'll be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge the first three nights (annual passholder discount) and the last night at Dixie Landings (Port Orleands Riverside) which has a historical significance for us. Since we met at the Disney Institute in May of 2000 and spent our first evening knowing each other watching the Tapestry of Nations parade and Illuminations we couldn't not include a visit to the Magic in our wedding celebration! When we return, we can start obsessing about the upcoming cruise again!

Wish us luck...

pdarrah
06-25-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi Skylynx and Impala

We haven't met yet, but I hope you have a wonderful wedding! At least you can be certain that it will be warmer there than it is here.... this has to be the coldest June we've ever had here. (We'll probably pay for it will 100+ days in August :(

Best wishes,

Pamela

skylynx
06-25-2004, 05:59 PM
Thanks so much, Pam! We won't be freezing in Las Vegas. It is expected to be over 100 degrees on our wedding day. Normally I don't like the heat, but in order for my family of school teachers to attend, I had to schedule the wedding in the summer months! I look forward to meeting you on the cruise when we'll be able to celebrate both my soon-to-be husband's birthday, but our four month wedding anniversary. That's got to be worth a pin!

:-)

pdarrah
06-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Neat - my husband's birthday is also on the cruise (28th). We are doing the cruise this year to celebrate our 15th anniversary. (It was actually last week, but we are just postponing the celebration.)

Have a wonderful, magical time!

Pamela

(I wish I could have worn a mickey ear veil. We went to WDW on our honeymoon only because I pushed, begged, pleaded, demanded, etc!! He thought it was only for kids and was really surprised at how much fun it was.)

abitjaded
06-26-2004, 11:04 AM
Oh Pamela, what do you mean about obsessive planning. I had actually posted to the general cruise board looking for mmouse's Western chart, but she had a computer crash and lost it. Other fine folks gave me other versions of the chart, but here you had it! Yeah!!!!!

Congratulations to Skylynx and Impala. How did you meet? Were you in a class at the Institute? We stayed in a bungalow there years ago. It was such a peaceful place, I miss it.

New house, Dmoss, did you find the toilet paper and the light bulbs yet?

Carla

DudetteTwo
06-26-2004, 01:17 PM
Home from mother/daughter bonding in the Poconos of Pennsylvania. We did everything - flea market, outlet shopping, movies, bingo, pool & ate too much!

DENISE & JOHN:bride: :groom: Have a fantastic wedding. My daughter is engaged & thinking of getting married in Las Vegas since she lives in California (& so does his family) & we live in New Jersey. You will have to give us some hints about weddings in Las Vegas!

Is everybody getting really excited:jumping4: :jumping4: :jumping4: I do not have any more vacations before the cruise so now it is all I can think about!

Hope you all have a terrific weekend. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

BeanoC
07-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone... "Happy July"! :teeth:

Now we can say the cruise is 'a little over 3 months' away.

Tarzanman, congrats on your move to Florida. I know things are gonna go great for you there. You just need to go back to Michigan and get your wife! :crazy:

Everyone have a safe and happy 4th weekend!! :firefight

faithmagicmickey
07-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Hi all

A belated happy fathers day to all you dad's.

Beano, HAPPY JULY TO YOU AS WELL.

I know, I know, I said good bye to this thread PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE forgive me for my last posting. I was in a very bad way back then. I would have posted sooner but 1st my computer broke down so I had to get it fixed then I thought it had been so long since my last post (I just felt weird) Ya know?

Again, Please forgive me If I offended anyone I humbly apologize to you.

This winter and spring have been so bad for my family and I. I know that is no excuse for what I said in my last post. But what can I say. Just so you understand me somewhat here are some examples:
My DD was very, very ill most of the winter. She is OK now. Her diabetes get the best of her.
Not long ago my DD also found out she is going blind from diabetes. Not sure when she will be completely blind, but we have a few trips planned in the next year to help ease her pain.
The month of June is always bad for me because my son David's birthday is on June 9th. David would have been 28 years old this year. He was killed in 1992, hit by a car. It is very hard. Anyway, I'm sorry I do not want to make you feel uncomfortable with me because of this. Life does go on. I appreciate life every day because I do know how short life can be.
OK now that that has been said.

Things are looking up now. Only a little more than 3 months to go before the cruise. I've already booked my reservations at Palo for Brunch, High Tea and Dinner. I called yesterday. We've been talking about shore excursions that we may do. And all that Jaz. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Well, I better go now. If you all want to kick me off this thread I will understand. Just let me know.
Again, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!
Faith:worship:

BeanoC
07-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi Faith, welcome back!

Sorry to learn that you've faced such tragedies in your life.
I know how devastating it can be. But we're glad you're back with us!! :D

Yep - just a little more than 3 months to go. I am going to get my Palo ressies in place soon as well, and also spa treatments, etc. etc. Fun fun fun! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

pdarrah
07-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well, believe it or not, I have another planning chart I have put together. (I haven't been this crazy planning a trip in YEARS!) I was having trouble 'visuallizing' the various times for everything and then I found a similar chart in another thread. I am afraid I don't remember who made it so I guess I am stealing the idea and not giving them credit - sorry...

I figured I would post these in case anyone else would like to use them.

There are 3 charts - one for each dining rotation. Since we have late seating, that is how they are setup. I have also included the original Excel spreadsheet in case anyone wants to have that and make their own modifications.

I have included sunrise/sunset & moonrise/moonset times - the only ones I am a little unsure about are Grand Cayman and Cozumel - they could be off by an hour if I have the time zones mixed up.

All the dates and times are my "best guess" from reading too many online Navigator's. If there are any mistakes, let me know and I'll change them.

APLAPLAPL Rotation: DCL_Itinerary_APL.jpg (http://www.bwdarrah.com/dcl_itinerary_APL.jpg)
PLAPLAP Rotation: DCL_Itinerary_PLA.jpg (http://www.bwdarrah.com/dcl_itinerary_PLA.jpg)
LAPLAPL Rotation: DCL_Itinerary_LAP.jpg (http://www.bwdarrah.com/dcl_itinerary_LAP.jpg)

Excel Spreadsheet of all 3: dcl_itinerary.xls (http://www.bwdarrah.com/dcl_itinerary.xls) <-- This will work best if you right-click and "Save" it to your own hard drive.

Now, if I can only convince DH that we should book REAS so we can make our ressies in advance!

Happy planning!

Pamela

abitjaded
07-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Oh, wonderful Pamela. Can someone refresh my memory as to what rotation is most common for two adults and two kids 8 and 11?

Hi, Faith. I have not blown off the thread, 'cause I barely got here.

Had a lot of fun this week, shopping! I'm all set, if the gown I ordered from fashionbug would just arrive, and if it fits! Nordstrom's Rack had a good sale as did Kohl's and Target! Stuff for me and DH, but boy is the kid's stuff ugly this year. Both my boys are growing like weeds, and some things from the last cruise still fit, but their shorts and tees are looking pretty shabby. All the boys stuff seems to come in navy and tan, yeech.

Has anyone else started to "cruise" the sales, yet? I normally do not shop much, my uniform is what ever is on sale at Target and survives my families' washing technique. It was good therapy, we had a few bumps in our family road this past week, too. Ladies, take your calcium, osteoporosis and cracked disks at the age of 87 are awful.

Hey, Faith, hang in there. What days do you do Palo? We usually try to brunch early on, then do Palo dinner before the deck party night so we do not miss a show. Never got a tea reservation. Managed it once, but we were in two places at one time and double booked my mom for tea and hair-do. Lucky you that you get to book now, 'course you are really paying for the perk!

We are off to WDW next week, anyone need anything?

Carla

faithmagicmickey
07-02-2004, 05:28 PM
Pamela, OMG I love it that is soooooo cool. Thank you for doing it.

Thank you Beano, It's nice to be back!:jumping1:

faithmagicmickey
07-02-2004, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by abitjaded

Hey, Faith, hang in there. What days do you do Palo? We usually try to brunch early on, then do Palo dinner before the deck party night so we do not miss a show. Never got a tea reservation. Managed it once, but we were in two places at one time and double booked my mom for tea and hair-do. Lucky you that you get to book now, 'course you are really paying for the perk!

Thank you Carla, I will hang in there. We are doing Palo brunch on Mon the 25th at 10:30am We are doing Palo high tea on Thurs the 28th at 3:30pm We were going to do Palo dinner on Sun 24th but Debbie from DCL ressie told me the because we are in cat 1 we can have it in our suite.::yes::

Yes the perk is nice I think we will just have pizza and souffle from Palo. The last cruise
we did Palo on Mexcali night and we were so sorry we missed it. So this time I do not want to miss any dinners.this time we will just double dip. Oh what the heck were on vacation!:hyper:
:tongue: OMG I JUST CAN'T WAIT :bounce:

abitjaded
07-02-2004, 07:09 PM
Faith, I know everyone adores the Palo souffle, but I cannot wait to have that wonderful pistachio cake again. I loved the cassata they used to have and was totally bummed when it went bye-bye. But I would dine at Palo just to get that pistachio cake!!

Is the Mexicalli night really all that good? Coming from Colorado and spending a lot of time in New Mexico, we get plenty of good Mex food. We had the most phenominal (sp?, where's that dang dictionary) servers on our last cruise, Anton and Adina. (Adina since promoted to Palo, hope she is still there, ask for her, she is amazing.) We went to Tropical night because they insisted. The kids got fed and we had just an appetizer, then went off to Palo. but Adina and Anton wanted the kids there to parade with them, fun. DH wants to skip WWTBAM, but I want them to at least try to get them on. My husband has read just about every Disney book, and with the kids' knowledge of the movies, I know we could win (Ha-ha). If we win, can we get the Walt Suite????

Ohhhh, my sons could come up and play the Mickey Mouse March on the baby grand for you while you do your Palo dining. They know the Siamese Cat Song and It's A Small World, too.

Carla

DudetteTwo
07-02-2004, 08:10 PM
With Faith talking about all those reservations, the cruise is starting to become a REALITY!:boat: It seemed so far away & now there are dates, times, etc. for everything! Getting very excited:jumping2: :jumping2:

Had just an awful day at work today & have to go back for two more:eek: :eek: but I hope you all have a terrific Fourth of July weekend. Have some fun for me! Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
07-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by abitjaded
[

Ohhhh, my sons could come up and play the Mickey Mouse March on the baby grand for you while you do your Palo dining. They know the Siamese Cat Song and It's A Small World, too.

Carla [/B]

:Pinkbounc OH YES PLEASE. THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOO COOL :hyper: :cool1: :flower:
YOUR SONS MAY COME UP AND PLAY ON THE BABY GRAND ANYTIME.

HI JEANNE, NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!I'M SORRY ABOUT YOU BAD DAY. HAVE A GREAT 4TH.

abitjaded
07-03-2004, 11:44 AM
LOL:crazy: Faith, once you hear them play you may want to kick them out.

My gown came! And wonder of wonders it fits! Nothing like designer clothes at 80% off.

Still undecided about excursions. Maybe do Cozumel on our own to scope out good snorkeling. Anyone beach snorkeled near Palancar? I want to leave enough time to hit the pharmacy and get cheaper Renova! Then maybe Captain Marvin's longer excursion for Cayman? Has anyone visited the Mel What's His Name treasure museum in Key West? Enough there to dazzle two little boys? What else is fun in Key West?

Carla

pdarrah
07-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi Carla,

I am also still undecided about excursions. We are thinking of visiting a garden at Key West (we are fairly serious gardeners) and our DS5 thinks he wants to go see the old fort that is there. We are going to leave that day pretty open and just do whatever fits - if he really wants to see the fort, we can do it. If he changes his mind, no big deal... Duval street sounds awful - since I don't much like shopping, we will avoid it. DH thinks the cemetary looks interesting!

At Grand Caymen I am seriously thinking Capt. Marvins. The 1/2 day excursions looks like it might work for us. I am concerned about being able to make an earlier start time (the first "short" excursion checks in at 8am and the "Full Day" checks in at 8:15am) since I have no idea how long it will take to tender in and walk to their office. If we take the 10:00 half day, the check in is at 9:15am which should be easy to do. It also allows us a little time afterwards if DH wants to buy some rum. So far, the swimming pool snorkling has been going well. My parents are taking DS to their cabin next weekend and will have him try snorkling in the lake (not the same as an ocean, but a little closer than a pool where he can touch the bottom any time!)

On Cozumel I am really debating. We have considered the Dolphin encounter (not swim - DS isn't old enough for that) on our own, but it is pretty expensive and I'm not sure it is really worth it. The other thing I am looking into is another snorkle excursion - I haven't seen many recommendations for Cozumel. We might just try going to Chankanab.

I know there is still plenty of time, but I feel like I should have everything planned, booked and ready to go now:)

Can I come hear your kids play the piano? ;) (I really just want to see the suite!!!)

Pamela

faithmagicmickey
07-05-2004, 10:49 AM
:cheer2: Hi all, happy Monday:umbrella: it's crappie and raining here in Boston land. I hope you all had a great 4th of July. We did but did not go down the Cape like we had planned to but we had a great time seeing the fireworks and parade here in the old home town.
We just did not want to fight the Cape traffic.:teleport:

Just to let you guys know if you've never been to Key West before there is not much to do for the kids. The last time we were there we took the Conch train tour. It was just OK. This time we only want to get off the ship to have some Conch Fritters at a local's favorite place called BO's Fish Waggon. We are still deciding weather or not to go to a beach called "Fort Zachary Taylor" :still not sure yet
You may not want to shop there because (I think) everything is too expensive. I plan to do most of my shopping in Cozmuel. :rockband:

At Grand Cayman, we plan to do the Aquaboat Adventure excursion because it sounds like more fun than jet sky's:boat:

Have any of you done any of the spa treatments? If so what do you suggest? I've only done the tropical rain forest for one day. and loved it:love1: :love:

Carla, I would never kick you kids out!:charac2:

Hey, I think the rain just stopped, I'm going out.::cool1:

abitjaded
07-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Faith, I have done the Chakra balancing capsule. It was just O.K. They put you in an egg shaped capsule, head out, covered with an Indian spread. The thing gets warm and vibrates. They pump in aromatherapy and put a head set on you with new wave music and sounds. Pretty dumb, just made my sinuses tickle. The capsule was just plopped in one of the well-lit exercise rooms. More relaxing and much cheaper to veg on a deck four lounger. We have also done the Surial a few times. Lots of fun, you get a bunch of mud to smear around and the full range of their products to clean the mud off. With a partner, a bargain. Once the steam was lousy and it was kind of cold, but the second time all was functioning. You get first crack at times. The rest of us need to race to the Spa to get a time that is not on a sea day or so early it is less than fun.

Has anyone checked out the snorkeling in Key West? Sounds like the city runs a protected area that can be beach dived or snorkeled, the link is from the offical Key West Tourism site, but the site is not so user-friendly, the links stink:

http://www.fla-keys.com/keywest/diving.htm

http://www.reefrelief.org/printed_edu/kwmpbrch.pdf

Would love to check out the Dry Tortugas National Park, but looks like the excursions to there take all day, unless you can drop a huge wad on a seaplane trip:

http://www.seaplanesofkeywest.com/

First read about this place in a Nevada Barr novel, a fun servies of mysteries based in different Nat'l Parks where the protagonist is Anna Pigeon, a park ranger, might be good cruise reading if you are not familiar with the series:

http://www.nevadabarr.com/books/flashbk/flashbk.htm

Carla

pdarrah
07-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Just wondering...

I've noticed that some of the other cruise meet threads have setup a cruise website with things like lists of DISers that are going to be on the cruise, links to useful stuff and Info about any DIS meets/activities that are planned. Would you folks like one for our cruise? I have available web space and could throw something together fairly easily. What do you think?

Pamela

faithmagicmickey
07-05-2004, 03:39 PM
WOW, Thanks Carla
More relaxing and much cheaper to veg on a deck four lounger.

I like the cheaper verison better.

Pamela, I like your idea. Go for it.

tchrmom
07-05-2004, 03:59 PM

It's been a while since we posted. Just thought I'd drop in and say "HI".

We're getting "in the cruise mood" again. DH finished our 5/29/04 cruise "mini-movie" this past weekend. It looked great. Watching the highlights of the trip, with "Welcome to Our Family" (from the Brother Bear soundtrack) just makes you want to drag out that suitcase and get packing!

Happy July to you all!

Happy 40th(!) to DH!

:bday:

DudetteTwo
07-05-2004, 06:32 PM
Hope you all are having a great holiday weekend. Sorry about that Boston rain:umbrella: Faith. I feel today is the hottest day so far this summer. You can feel heat & moisture on your skin as soon as you walk out the door. I worked the fourth but we had lots of food, nice patients & only a few deliveries.

I sat with my mom today & am doing the same tomorrow. No computer access:sad2: over her house. Wednesday my daughter returns to California & will start making wedding:bride: plans. Life is SOOOOOO good! Have a great short work week. Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

skylynx
07-06-2004, 08:35 AM
Hi, Everyone...we're back and now officially newlyweds. The Vegas portion of our wedding went beautifully-we could not have asked for a more perfect day.

We opted for an atypical Vegas wedding at a ranch in Red Rock Canyon about fifteen miles from the Strip. Ours was a western-themed wedding (in a replica silver mining chapel) complete with horses and my 8 year old son in cowboy gear with toy six shooters. It was a wonderful way to get married in a jaw-dropping desert mountain setting with a minister that built the wedding service around our input so it was totally customized and not "out of the box."

Jeanne--It isn't for everyone, but if you think your daughter might be interested, let me know and I'll send you the details about this place.

After Vegas, we took off on our Disney honeymoon. Our first stop after the Character Warehouse to cruise for bargains was the Christmas store at Downtown Disney to get our long-awaited Minnie bride ears and Mickey top hat groom ears. Let me tell you, those ears netted us all kinds of special treatment around the World. We got whisked away to priority viewing areas for Illuminations and Wishes, instant "walk-on" fastpasses at rides, our own boat at Pirates of the Caribbean and our own log at Splash Mountain so no one else would be in our photo! All of these perks were just offered spontaneously by cast members (we wouldn't have asked for them). At least a hundred people--both cast members and guests-- must have offered their congratulations--it was so nice. We had reservations to eat dinner in the Cinderella Castle our first evening in Florida and when we arrived at our table it was decorated with streamers and Mickey ear confetti and we were presented by our waiter with a "magical moment" certificate and a bit of "wedding cake." That wasn't requested, either! Somewhere in our original reservation for our stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge it must have included info that this was our honeymoon, and the info got passed on. Wow!

We retraced our steps at the old Disney Institute site (now Saratoga Springs) and at Disney Quest--all part of our first meeting in May of 2000.

Carla...John and I met when we were both taking a "Customer Loyalty" business course in the heyday of Disney Institute. The third night of the course, we volunteered to participate in a pilot team building program at Disney Quest and pretty much fell in love somewhere between Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlasters and the Indiana Jones maze. Fast-forward four years later and here we are, newlywed veterans of divorces and lay- offs and a long-distance romance (across the ocean-my husband is a Brit).

So, altogether, much to celebrate. We are really looking forward to this cruise. It made our hearts ache when we were in various places around the World to see the cruise check-in points and cruise buses and the blue jacketed cruise ladies with their clipboards. While checking in for our flight back to Chicago Sunday, the family that joined the line behind us had just gotten off the three day Wonder and must have gone straight from the ship to the airport. They looked completely miserable to be going home. That's why we always plan to stay at least one extra day after disembarking if at all possible--waking up on the Wonder or Magic and standing at baggage claim at OHare or Midway by midday the same day is just too wrenching!

Thanks for all your good wishes!

DMoss3377
07-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Hi Denise & John!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's so awesome to hear that your dream wedding has finally happened. I hope you plan on sharing some photos. :)

So happy for you guys, can't wait to see you again in October. :)

Hugs!

pdarrah
07-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Hello fellow cruisers!

I have thrown together a website for our cruise. It is at http://www.bwdarrah.com/dcl/index.htm

Please take a look. If you have additions/changes/new ideas please let me know and I will modify it.

Denise & John - I am so glad your wedding went well! Congratulations. You made me regret the Bride Mickey Ears even more. :) We DID go on our honeymoon, but 15 years ago I don't think they had the ears....

Pamela

DudetteTwo
07-07-2004, 06:18 AM
DENISE & JOHN:bride: :groom: so happy for you two! You described your wedding ceremony & trip to Disney so beautifully it made me feel like I know both of you. Thank you for offering the information about your wedding Denise but my daughter can't stand the heat so is planning the ceremony, reception, honeymoon, etc. all in one AIR-CONDITIONED place (probably a big casino).

FAITH: I am SOOOOOOOOO glad you're back on this board. I hope you got my e-mail. Can you feel the love?:grouphug:

Is anybody else as excited as me? :jumping4: I just can't wait to go on the cruise:boat:. Hope you all have a great week. Toodles :wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
07-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by DudetteTwo

FAITH: I am SOOOOOOOOO glad you're back on this board. I hope you got my e-mail. Can you feel the love?:grouphug:

Is anybody else as excited as me? :jumping4: I just can't wait to go on the cruise:boat:. Hope you all have a great week. Toodles :wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE [/B]

OH YEA BABE! I FEEL IT :love:
YES, I AM EXCITED AS WELL :hyper::Pinkbounc

Jeanne, Thank you sooooo much. Oh I sent you an email back::yes:: Please let me know asap, thank you.

Denise and John, congratulations it sounds like you had a great time.

Mom2Princesses
07-08-2004, 08:08 PM
I have not posted on the DIS boards in so long I am embarrassed to be showing up now...but I am still here and we are still booked.

And I am getting really, really excited, too!

So, count me, age 32; DH age 33; DD age 6; and DD age 4 at cruise time in...I will be asking lots more questions about excursions and such soon too -- as soon as I narrow down my options.

Nancy:wave2:

pdarrah
07-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Hi Nancy (Mom2Princesses),

Do you think your Princesses might like to meet a 5 yr old Pirate on the cruise? My son is really excited about the cruise and the kid club. I have been hoping to meet someone with similar age child. So many people have posted that their kids have particularly enjoyed the cruise if they made a few friends early on. He will be 5.5 when we cruise, but he is quite small for his age and often prefers to play with the girls at his preschool as long as they don't want to do something TOO girly. ("House" is OK if he can be the "Dad" or the "son", but he won't play with dolls or carebears!)

-------------------

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if many of you have been around this week (I'm sure there are lots of vacations), but as mentioned earlier, I created a simple website for our cruise. I have heard via PM that there has been some trouble emailing me (I don't know why yet, that account is usually very reliable...), but if you would like to add your info to the site and the email doesn't work - just send me a PM.

The wesite is at http://www.bwdarrah.com/dcl

I hope you like it and this isn't overstepping usuall protocol or something - I just saw that other cruise meets had something like this and it looked useful.

Pamela

DisneyDmbNut
07-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Happy Birthday tchrmom!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=602718)

Mom2Princesses
07-09-2004, 09:44 AM
I am sure my Princesses will love to meet a pirate, Pamela! But beware, my daughter really wants to "get" Captain Hook! LOL!

My DD's play pretty well with boys--well my oldest does. My almost 4 year old is at the point of extreme bossiness, which I know will pass soon...right?

I am not sure if I will break my girls up or keep them together. For my own sanity, I will probably keep them separated which means your Pirate can meet my Melinda, who will be 6 1/2 at Cruise time. Is your son really excited? My DDs are going crazy, since "cruise talk" is getting way more common around here.

Anyway, we will be in 7509...where will you be?

Anyone else around here with 4, 5, or 6 year olds on the cruise?

Nancy:wave2:

faithmagicmickey
07-09-2004, 04:11 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY tchrmom :cake:

Welcome back Mom2Princesses princess:

pdarrah
07-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Hi again Nancy,

My son's name is Darrah (actually my surname, since I didn't change it when I got married - it causes ton's of confusion :D ). He has been bossy as long as I can remember... Fortunately, his preschool is a montessori and ALL the kids seem to be pretty confident and have strong personalities, so they don't let him get away with it!

He is extremely excited :bounce: about the cruise and between him and I, my DH is getting tired of hearing about it. This was actually Darrah's idea - we have been going to WDW twice per year since long before he was born - but someone gave him a DCL DVD a few months ago, and he started telling us he wanted to try going on "Mickey's Boat" rather than going to "Mickey's House". We thought about it for a while (it definitely will cost us more than our usual trips) but since our annual passes ran out this spring, we thought it made sense to do the cruise now. We always time our annuals so we get 3 trips. It is also the year of our 15th anniversary, so that was another 'excuse' to cruise!

We will be in room 2548 (cat 9) - since this is our first cruise on DCL (2 on carnival years ago) we have never had a verandah, so we figured we wouldn't miss it. If we decide to cruise again (it would probably be fall 2006), we would book earlier and probably go with a verandah then.

I don't think I have seen anyone else post here with kids in this age group. I seem to remember several older ones and a 3 yr old. One reason I threw together a website is that I was hoping to have an easy to access list of everyone - the thought of reading through all 460+ posts to find out who everyone is, is rather daunting. I don't want to just add people to the website without their say, so it may not work out.... Oh well, I didn't spend too much time on it.:)

Darrah is currently spending the weekend with grandma & grandpa, but when he gets back I'll let him know there is at least one child near his age he can "meet" on the cruise!

Thanks,

Pamela

skylynx
07-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Hi, Everyone

Thanks Dana, Jeanne, Faith, Pamela, and everyone else for your good wishes about our wedding! It is impossible not to share our joy with new and old friends, physical or virtual! We will be posting pictures of our very non-traditional nuptuals soon.

We found something new at Downtown Disney to buy that some of you might be interested in...a brand new cookbook that has recipes from WDW, Disneyland, resort hotels and, of course, DCL, including everyone's favorite chocolate souffle. The book, released in 2004, even has two entries from the food court at the Pop Century resort (Twinkie Tiramisu+Buttermilk Fried Chicken), so that should tell you how new it is. It was $19.95 but we bought it at the World of Disney store to get our 10% annual passholder discount. The proper title, if you are interested, is "Cooking with Mickey and the Disney Chefs" by Pam Brandon. Some examples...Tonga Toast from the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian, this incredible flank steak we had at Boma in the AKL where we stayed on our honeymoon, the Cobb salad at MGM's Brown Derby, and a number of scrumptious things from DCL eateries and Palo (Wild Mushroom Risotto, Sweet Pizza) and even the "recipe" for Konk Kooler on Castaway Cay! If you've got a favorite just ask and I'll see if it is in here! This book will probably show up at the Character Warehouse for $7.99 in a few months, but I wasn't willing to gamble.

Still on my happy newlywed cloud....

faithmagicmickey
07-09-2004, 05:47 PM
COOL :teeth:

I want that book, I love Tonga Toast

Thank you for the info

DudetteTwo
07-10-2004, 07:16 AM
FAITH: Why didn't you go over for Tonga Toast with Joyce & I last year? Oh that's right! You were too busy being spoiled at the Grand Floridian & the concierge! I try to make an effort to get my Tonga Toast fix when I visit Disney. I hope you received my e-mail.

I'm surprised those honeymooners:bride: :groom: have posted but thanks for the info.

I am getting very excited:jumping2: :jumping2:& that can make me pretty obnoxious! Time to start South Beach Diet AGAIN or buy all new clothes & since money is tight I guess it is cheaper to try & lose the weight. Off to an antique car show this afternoon with Bobby & maybe my cousin. Hope you all have a terrific weekend. Can you feel the love? :grouphug: Toodles:wave2: :earsgirl: JEANNE

faithmagicmickey
07-10-2004, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DudetteTwo
[B]FAITH: Why didn't you go over for Tonga Toast with Joyce & I last year? Oh that's right! You were too busy being spoiled at the Grand Floridian & the concierge! I try to make an effort to get my Tonga Toast fix when I visit Disney. I hope you received my e-mail.

LOL :jumping1: :rotfl:

faithmagicmickey
07-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Jeanne, Yes I did get your email and sent you one back.::yes::

OMG I CAN'T WAIT :hyper:

pdarrah
07-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Isn't it AMAZING how long 104 days seems!?! I can't wait either!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Could someone make me feel better and coment on the website I threw together? Even "Yuck! I hate it" or "What a dumb idea" is better than total silence :D :) ;) :scared:

It is at www.bwdarrah.com/dcl (http://www.bwdarrah.com/dcl) .

Since I do not want to offend anyone, I am not going to add anyone to the list of who is cruising without their direct request. If there is total lack of interest, then I'll just delete the pages. If there is interst, I will only add as much info as each person is comfortable with.

Since I have become completely addicted to the DISboard :wave:, I can be reached via PM, a post here or email.

I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you in October....

Pamela

jiminyC_fan
07-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Hi guys, just wanted to check back in again. Probably won't do much posting but wanted to let everyone know that we are still alive and kicking and looking forward to the cruise. With our life the way it is right now we need to go NOW!! My dd might be sigining up for this cruise as well. Hello to all the new posters as well as the old.

BeanoC
07-11-2004, 05:27 PM
Hi Sandy; welcome back...

If you'll except such a welcome from me.

:worried:

It seems all of us are in need of a cruise SOON!

Life has presented it's challenges lately, and I for one could use a week on the Magic to right my ship! (Pun intended).

Faith, we are staying at the Poly before this cruise, so I can have that order of Tonga toast for you if you want!! :earboy2:

Love to chat all day, but I gotta go pack. ;)

faithmagicmickey
07-11-2004, 06:54 PM
Hi Sandy WELCOME BACK :hug:

Faith, we are staying at the Poly before this cruise, so I can have that order of Tonga toast for you if you want!!

Hey Beano, when are you going to be at the Poly?
We are staying at the Dolphin from the 20th to the 23rd morning of the cruise, then after the cruise we will staying at the Grand Flo from the 30th to Nov 1st. So you know we have to get Tonga Toast in at least 2x's. The 1st time we plan to go is on Thurs the 21st at 8am. We are flying in on the 20th late and checking into the Hyatt then a very early check in at the Dolphin so we can get to the Poly by 8am. this is because my DD can't wait to have the Tonga Toast.I think the 2nd time we go is the last day on nov 1st. :hyper:

Pamela, I love the website, great job. I sent you an email :flower1:

jiminyC_fan
07-11-2004, 08:37 PM
:wave2: Hi Beano, thanks for the very warm welcome back. I will certainly accept YOUR welcome!!

I, too, think that a lot of us are in need of this cruise. We are very busy with Ted's dad. He needed emergency surgery due to a very severe case of stenosis. He was VERY close to paralysis. He went in for a dr. visit and they sent him straight to the hospital. His spinal column closed that fast. He is 84 so it is taking a while to recover. We think that we will be taking him home from his recovery at a nursing home this Friday.

No tonga toast for us. Way, way too sweet.

pdarrah
07-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Hi Faith,

Thank you! I am glad that you like it. I sent you an email since I had a little trouble with the photo you sent.

Pamela

faithmagicmickey
07-12-2004, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by pdarrah
Hi Faith,

Thank you! I am glad that you like it. I sent you an email since I had a little trouble with the photo you sent.

Pamela

Hi Pamela, I sent you an email. Please don't post that photo the way it looks right now. I will have Eugene fix it when he gets home from work. I have no idea why it looks that way. :confused:

Thanks, Faith :wave:

Pooh_Friend#1
07-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Hi everyone. Like my mom said, aka jiminyC_fan, I am hoping to be joining the cruise too. It has been a rough summer for my family and I, and I have decided to consider it a little (ok a lot) more than before. Anyone know where I can find cheap airfare from Denver to Orlando? I have been holding back from taking this cruise for many reasons but I think it is time to give in. I have cruised with DCL 3 times.

pdarrah
07-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Hi Pooh_Freind#1,

Although I don't usually fly from Denvery to Orlando, I have had good luck finding good fares from Chicago to Orlando on Travelocity. We found that we needed to fly in very early in the morning on Oct 22nd and return on the 30th to get a decent fare. If we tried returning home on the 31st, the price skyrocketted! The same thing happened if we tried to fly in the afternoon or evening of the 22nd (we were trying to minimize vacation days off work) We finally decided that it was worth the extra vacation day to leave EARLY on the morning of the 22nd. The return is set for the evening of the 30th and although it is a shame to "lose" a day of vacation, it will probably be a lot less hectic once we get home - we can sleep in on the 31st and then get all the laundry done before going back to work :)

Trying different days and times can REALLY make a difference in the price!!

Pamela

BeanoC
07-12-2004, 10:19 AM
Faith - We are staying at the Poly on Thurs. and Fri. night before the cruise. I figure we'll have breakfast at Kona Cafe on Friday morning. I don't want to eat a big breakfast on Sat. morning - gotta save up for the embarkation buffet, and Pluto's hamburgers!!! :crazy:

I had a dream the other night that we forgot our birth certificates and couldn't get on board! :scared:

That's one Disney dream I hope doesn't come true! :teeth:

faithmagicmickey
07-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi all:wave2:

Beano, we will be at the Poly on Thurs morning early then we are going to hang out at MGM I have to get DH on the "Rock'n'Roller Coaster"I love that ride:rotfl:
I agree with you no eating breakfast on the morning of the cruise.
I have not had any "bad dreams" yet. If I were you Beano I'd pack the birth certificates 1st.:teeth:

Hi Pooh_Freind#1, nice to see you on again. I think you should go on the cruise.::yes::

Well, go to go to the dentest:sad:
Have a great day all,

tchrmom
07-13-2004, 12:05 PM
We're back after a brief trip to Ohio. DH's nephew, the ring-bearer in OUR wedding, got married over the weekend.:eek:

How is it that he is now old enough to get married, when I haven't aged a bit!::yes::

Pamela........love the website. You can add us to your list, but I'll have to wait for DH to get home so he can send you our family photo. It will be DH (XLT800) and myself, DS 12 and DD9 going. We have early seating for dinner, since we are going with our next door neighbors...and they have a 3 year old.

Hope everyone is haveing a great summer. I am.....but I have to go back to work the 27th.:mad: Kids report on the 5th!

Fran
:teacher:

pdarrah
07-13-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi Fran,

Just to let you know - I updated the website with your info. If you want to change or add anything, just let me know - it only takes me a second to edit!

I found some interesting websites for Key West - their Fantasy Fest will be starting when we are there. I think I'm glad we won't be there for Halloween - they seem to have a lack of clothing for that! I also liked the Haunted Fort - however, we have late dining so I don't think it would work for us (and it might be a bit to scary for a 5 yr old with an active imagination :eek: )

Pamela

faithmagicmickey
07-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Hi Pamela, I'am having major trouble sending you that photo. I keep getting the email sent back to me saying that it's undeliverable??? HELP:hyper:

Thanks, Faith

pdarrah
07-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Hi Faith - I just sent you an email with a different address you can try. It is really odd that my email isn't working right. I've had this account forever (sprynet.com is now part of earthlink.com) and it has usually been very reliable...

--- If anyone else is having trouble, just let me know here or send a PM ---

thanks,

Pamela