PDA

View Full Version : AP and rate question

mom_rules
10-26-2003, 09:51 AM
Is there such a thing as an AP rate on cruises? If so,
which Disney AP's qualify (Disneyland too?) and what
are the discounts generally like in the Spring?

ThreeCircles
10-26-2003, 09:51 AM
DCL doesn't offer any type of discounts for Annual Passholders of any kind.

mom_rules
10-26-2003, 09:58 AM
It was a nice try though, don't you think?

Disneefun
10-26-2003, 09:59 AM
While DCL does not offer across the board AP discounts on cruises (like at the resorts), from time to time they offer special AP cruises which are discounted and offer special programming (socials and such) for AP holders. As far as I know it's only for WDW AP holders, but you could call and ask about Disneyland. It is only these cruises that qualify for the AP discount and they are always in the off peak times.

The next one is Jan. 25-29, 2004 on the Wonder -- I'll be on it and the discount saved us about $600 on the total cruise price -- that was in addition to the early booking savings that we got.

mom_rules
10-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Would you happen to know of any other dates? Where would I be able to get this info?

Disneefun
10-26-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by mom_rules
Would you happen to know of any other dates? Where would I be able to get this info?

I don't know of any other dates this year. In the past it has been once a year -- last year's was also in January, but it was a three day cruise. Mousesavers.com usually lists the dates as soon as she knows about them or a travel agent that specializes in Disney should also be aware of any upcoming dates. It's also in the Mickey Monitor (the AP newsletter) or on the AP website.

I don't know if they'll keep doing this or if they'll add more dates. I guess it just depends on what they think they need to do to fill beds.

ThreeCircles
10-26-2003, 10:36 AM
I would be cautious about considering these AP Cruises as being discounted in any way.

We've looked into these cruises and found that they were actually MORE expensive than other cruises of the same length. And, I do believe that DCL does not advertise these cruises as having special rates. They only advertise them as being cruises aimed at AP holders.

ThreeCircles
10-26-2003, 10:44 AM
This is the information posted on the Walt Disney World Annual Passholder section of the WDW site:

2nd Special Passholder Cruise!

Passholder Families...we had such a blast with the Passholder families during the January cruise that we've reserved plenty of space on the January 25, 2004 4-Night Bahamian Cruise to do it again next year! Join many of your fellow Passholders and enjoy even more magic at sea, starting at just $459* per adult and $249* per child.

* Rates valid for 4-night cruise commencing 1/25/04, in stateroom categories 10-12 aboard ship. Adult rates are based on adult double occupancy; children's rates valid for children 3-12 traveling with 2 adults in the same stateroom. Government Taxes and Fees and excursions not included. See Disney Cruise Line® brochure for details and applicable Terms and Conditions. Other discounts do not apply. Rates in U.S. dollars. Must show proof of active Walt Disney World® Passholder status at time of sailing.

While on this special cruise, you'll receive an exclusive Passholder gift and a special group social. Of course, you'll enjoy many pin trading opportunities while on the ship as well!

Just think of it as an unforgettable 4-night Passholder reunion that floats! So book today. We wouldn't want to pull up anchor without you.

Book online now or call (800) 370-3086† or your Travel Agent. Be sure to mention booking code APC! Castaway Club members book here.

Ships' Registry: The Bahamas
CST #1022229-50

The cruise is priced at $459. Check around a bit and you'll find that you can do better than this price.

smchan
10-26-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by ************

The cruise is priced at $459. Check around a bit and you'll find that you can do better than this price.

The best I can find at my usual sources is $499 for Jan. 25th. Could you please give a pointer to the cheaper provider?

Note that the AP rate of $459 is for a category 10-12. The $499 rate I found is for cat. 11.

Thanks,
Sam

ThreeCircles
10-26-2003, 12:51 PM
Sorry, I should have been more specific in my last post. I didn't mean to say that you could find a better deal than $459 for that specific cruise, I just meant that I have seen 4 day prices for lower than $459.

If you especially want to travel on the AP cruise, than $459 may be the best price you can find.