PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity sightings at WDW Resorts...

Pages : [1] 2

Janet2k
06-09-2001, 09:49 PM
I had a WDW Resorts “celebrity” sighting thread going on at the old Dis boards. It would be fun to get it going again. I’ll start with my very first WDW Resort celebrity sighting…

A few years ago we checked into the GF late one evening. As soon as we got to our room, we put our swimsuits on and went out to the pool for an evening swim. It probably was around 9:00 or 9:30 PM. While floating in the water, I saw one of the GF golf carts drive by that contained some resort guests. The cart stopped in front of Boca Chica (or maybe it was Big Pine Key). I glanced at the guests and noticed that the big, blonde guy in the back of the cart had a bandana on his head. I said to my husband, “Did you see who that was?” And he said, no. I said it was Terry “Hulk” Hogan. At that point Hulk disappeared into the building and my husband didn’t get the chance to catch a glimpse of him. My husband asked me how I knew it was the Hulk and I said, “Come on. How many huge guys with long, blonde hair do you know that wear a bandana upon their head?” My husband laughed and said that I had to be correct because he didn’t know anyone who fit that description except for the Hulk. If I remember correctly, Hulk was filming a television series at WDW called “Thunder in Paradise.” (I didn’t know about the television series until after my WDW visit.)

MickFreak
06-09-2001, 10:05 PM
In 1999, I met Donny Osmond at the World of Disney in June. Ironically, the next year exactly to the day, I met Marie Osmond on the Disney Magic. All my friends had bets as to which Osmond I would see this year, but much to my disappoinment, we did not have any Osmond sightings last week. By the way, they both were extremely nice and posed for pictures with me.

Sue:jester:

tiggerstail
06-09-2001, 10:11 PM
A few years ago when we visited, Princess Diana and the two princes were there, we had to wait in line while they were ushered into splash mountain, but what a neat experience seeing them!

PlutoPal
06-09-2001, 10:33 PM
My uncle saw Regis Philbin in the GF Spa and actually gave him a robe! I guess he was there to promote the opening of the new Millionaire - Play It!

nanalisa
06-10-2001, 12:00 AM
One year John Ritter and family was sitting next to us at the Prime Time Cafe and another year we saw Jane Seymour on the Great Movie Ride. She (and her family) was coming in the exit as we were leaving and I almost knocked her down- she is really tiny. We saw them again at the HoopDeDo Revue. We've seen the cast of Home Improvement. Two years ago we were at MGM for the Grand Opening of the Rockin Roller Coaster so we saw Aero Smith and people from MTV (my DS had to tell me who the MTV people were) MTV was staying at the YC while we were staying at the BC. Aero Smith was staying at the Boardwalk but we didn't see them there. I think it's great to see celebrities.

abuwalker
06-10-2001, 07:24 AM
We saw Martina Navritilova on the Maharah Jungle Trek in AK last January 2001.

msvlwb
06-10-2001, 07:34 AM
We saw Muhamad Ali at the Board Walk Hotel two years ago. He is such a big man. And he still worked the crowd. He stopped took pictures with a group of students from other countries. I was amazed that he was so recognized by people who were not even born when he was fighting. And were from many different countries.
Physically he seemed like he moved better than when I've seen him on T.V. WHen I was a little girl I loved to watch boxing with my Dad. So this was a great treat.

mnmom22
06-10-2001, 07:45 AM
A few years ago --actually 10 - my now 19yo dd were at MK and the closed down mainstreet early --- Michael Jackson wanted to shop. He was staying at the GF. We caught a glimpse of him with all his bodyguards 2 times. A CM told us he was shopping for Peter Pan things.

drusso
06-10-2001, 08:16 AM
I saw Aerosmith at the Beach Club approx. 2 yrs. ago (October). They were hanging by the pool with their kids - I actually felt sorry for them - people think nothing of REALLY imposing on them - snapping pictures - shoving the kids out of the way to get their own kids in a picture - it was like they had to be constantly ready to pack up and leave in a hurry.

wheatenwalker
06-10-2001, 08:53 AM
Princess Di and her boys at Cinderellas Table in the castle. Couldnt figure why they would get a kick out of being addressed as 'young prince'.

webray
06-10-2001, 09:07 AM
We saw David Ogden Stiers at the Ariel's restaurant in Beach Club.

webray
06-10-2001, 09:07 AM
We also saw Tom Arnold, Danny Glover and Rob Morrow at Planet Hollywood.

officer tigger
06-10-2001, 09:34 AM
We stayed in the main building concierge at th GF in 1998.
One morning I went to the concierge level to get breakfast. I picked up a coffee cup and started towards the coffee pot. I could see someone out of the corner of my eye, so I stopped and said go ahead. When he said thank you I noticed that it was Wayne gretzky! Right after that his son was sticking his fingers in the donuts because he wanted to see what was inside. His wife started yelling to him to grab the little guy. I thought to myself, just another family on vacation. Don't we all have those kind of problems at times.
Also later that day we passed by Drew Carey in the lobby. He was sitting at one of the sofas reading a book.

dwdeb
06-10-2001, 09:35 AM
we had breakfast next to rob benson, and his ds, last xmas in the bc concierge. tried explaining to our dd,who was 5 at the time , that that was the beast, from beauty and the beast!
also rode in the elevator with levar burton. same trip.. the celebs who narrate the candlelight processional at epcot, stayat the bc concierge, i guess.

CamColt
06-10-2001, 09:47 AM
When I was a kid I saw Gary Coleman(Arnold from Different Strokes) in the arcade at the Contemporary.

Villain Dude
06-10-2001, 09:49 AM
Great thread...

About eight years ago, we spotted Monty Hall @ GF or the Poly. Two years later we met the rock group KISS @ BC. The next year we saw and spoke with Pierce Brosnan @ YC. We've also crossed paths w/ Wayne Newton in the phone area at the BWI. Lauren Hutton @ MK. Also, worked out next to Michael Eisner at the BWV (during an ABC convention). Now we expect to see a celeb or two .... but we usually keep our distance ( don't want their heads to be bigger than they are) except for the rock group KISS. When I saw then, it was like I was 13 again. I asked for all their autographs, took photos w/ them. They even gave my DW and I tickets to go see them and others perform for "Dick Clarks' Rocking New Year Special".

Chuck:bounce:

grumpyandbashful
06-10-2001, 09:55 AM
Have never seen a "huge" celebrity at WDW, but a few years ago when we were staying at the BC, Lee Ann Rimes filmed a TV special on the beach there, and all resort guests were invited to watch. We were very close - she has an awesome voice! This was soon after she became famous.

Imjuschln
06-10-2001, 09:55 AM
About 5 years ago we saw the stars of "Step by Step"
(Suzanne Summers, Patrick Duffy, etc.) filming their show at the MK. The had their own Jungle Cruise boat and were taping a scene. We saw them several times during the day- they were heavily guarded by lots of security and their crew.

Jeafl
06-10-2001, 09:56 AM
Just last Thursday we saw Kenny Rogers at the AKL. At first I didn't recognize him, but then all kinds of people came up to him and asked him for pictures and autographs. He didn't look like he minded at all, he actually looked like he was enjoying himself.

LadyTrampScamp&Angel
06-10-2001, 09:58 AM
I missed her but my DH saw and spoke with Kelly Ripa (Regis and Kelly) during our stay at AKL last month. He said she was nice, very pregnant, and had her little boy with her.

ContempoSMT
06-10-2001, 10:07 AM
saw larry king in april in the gf main building checking out the concierge fod. he is sooo skinny.

Gary M
06-10-2001, 10:47 AM
We also saw Hulk Hogan at the GF while he was filming Thunder in Paradise. We saw Lily Tomlin and Valerie Harper at MGM.

Pooh143
06-10-2001, 10:57 AM
A few years ago at Planet Hollywood I saw Whoopie Golburg (sorry dont know how to spell)!!!! :p

Rock'n Robin
06-10-2001, 12:28 PM
Wow, I guess most of the major celebs don't go down in June! But I did spot Harry Smith (former CBS anchor now on Biography) last year at the GF--his son looked in our monorail car and said "No, this one's too full" and ran off to the next one with his parents trailing behind him.
Of course DH wasn't paying attention.
Robin M.

mariamouse
06-10-2001, 12:28 PM
Last February, I saw Rosie O' Donnel while in line for the Buzz Lightyear ride. Everyone was yelling "Rosie!" as she walked by... she just smiled, but it was a bit hard to see her because she was surrounded by video cameras, guards, and yelling fans!!! I thought that was cool... :D

Mariamouse:earsgirl:

Disnsyncey
06-10-2001, 01:46 PM
I kinda got 2 instances...

Not seeing the celebs: Well, last year, in July...like the 6th or something, the Orlando Magic was trying to get Grant Hill and Tim Duncan to join the team (haha I think it was them) so they put them up in the best hotel in orlando.....the GF......so they were there, as well, as Babyface came to eat there...but I didn't see them

Seeing Celebs: and then the awesome thing....in April, the 24th and 26th to be exact, me and my friend had gotten hooked on WWTBAM at MGM, so we went 2x during finals week...Monday the 24th, we went, and we didn't make it in time for a show, so we went to ToT....it was moving SOOOOOO SLOWWW cuz they only had one shaft open....we were in line for like 35 minutes at least, and for this ride now, THAT'S A LONG TIME......and we saw an elevator loading with like 5 people and we started to get mad cuz all we saw on it was cast members......we rode the ride, and when we got off, I saw somebody taking pics with some people.....and I wa slike "wha??" and I looked closer, and it was Drew Carrey!! haha he didn't have his trademark glasses or outfit on, so I had no clue....haha my friend didn't even believe me!! haha and so when we were at WWTBAM we were talking to the CM's and he said that he was standing under his sign on ABC avenue saying "That's a handsome guy!!" haha and nobody relaized who it was..haha.....and he said that there was another guy from Whose Line there that day too

Then on the 26th, we went to WWTBAM and my friend Michael got in the hotseat AGAIN, and we got in line to play again, and his friend Jim called him, and was like "I almost ran into Eisner by the derby!!" so we got out of line, and we went out the archway near Voyage, and sat down...you could tell something was happenning cuz there were important looking CM's everywhere....and we saw Eisner walking from the Great Movie Ride with Jim Hill and everybody else.......and we were like in awe.....haha and Michael was like "Should I say hi??" cuz he was like 5 feet in front of us, and one of the dudes with im said "sure!" but we were too nervous....haha

Later!
kat
:bounce:

Mermaid1
06-10-2001, 02:30 PM
While we were at the Magic Kingdom several years back we saw Horace Grant. He had just ridden Space Mountain. Then a few years later we saw President Jimmy Carter. He was fishing near Fort Wilderness with the Secret Service.

tnkrbell
06-10-2001, 03:32 PM
Well at the hotel I saw Kelli Ripa and her hubby Mark and their son at the pool at Bc they were really nice My DD played with their son making sand castles and then I was talking with Kelli and she mentioned not bringing sunscreen I said she could use mine, When she was finished I went to get it from her and bring it back to my table and she said No sit down Ill put it back! Shewas very sweet and down to earth same with her hubby! (he has the greatest teeth!:))
I also saw the guy who plays Jack on Will and Grace at Bc last May.
I saw the guy from The Hugleys on Boardwalk.
Regis and Kathie lee twice for tapings of their shows and the guests who where on the shows.
I saw the Coke guy Lucky Vanous at Mgm (got my pic withhim)

AZ4WDW
06-10-2001, 04:52 PM
Last November we saw Billy Gilman at MGM, he was getting his "square" made for in front of the theatre.

(for those of you who might not know who Billy Gilman is ;) , he is a 13 year old country singer with an incredible voice.
:D

madduck
06-10-2001, 05:27 PM
thanksgiving (99) i think, we were walking at downtown disney and saw a young girl giving autographs. we asked someone who it was and they said mandi moore. we didnt know who that was so we walked about 50 ft. and on the side of the virgin megastore was one of those huge posters with a picture of guess who?

holycow
06-10-2001, 08:22 PM
My DS and I were at the Downtown Disney Pin Event in April( ? I think) and as I was walking back to the Emporium I see this very nice looking man walking with his hands behind his back...He just looked so distinguished well as I got closer it was Peter Jennings and his lovely lady...No one even approached him at all...
My son was like "who is he?"

We've seen different people perform but he was the first and only "about town" that I've seen so far.
Holycow

mousehut101
06-10-2001, 08:33 PM
We saw Hulk Hogan and family at the Poly Consierge 2 years ago...and thats it. But I feel so bad when I read these stories about celebs on vacation w/family and people keep coming up to them asking for autographs and pictures. Leave them alone, unless they are doing some type formal signing. They are normal people on vacation with their family. Just like you.

Just a thought.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

scott110
06-10-2001, 08:55 PM
In March of 2000 , during baseball spring training, we were eating at the Crystal Palace in the MK and saw Andy Pettite of the New York Yankees. He was there having dinner with his family and a few friends. My 9 yr old son went over and met him and got his autograph in his disney characyer book. I thought that was really neat. Also , I thinkit was my son`s birthday that particular day.

Dustmouse
06-10-2001, 10:16 PM
We just got back an hour ago from our first trip to WDW and I met Gene Stallings on Friday night in the lobby of at the Swan! (He coached Texas A&M, the Arizona Cardinals, and asst coached the Dallas Cowboys.)

Beauty
06-10-2001, 10:35 PM
You know I never THINK to look for people! I mean if I saw Michael J. Fox or HHH or Kurt Angle or The Rock or Shane McMahon (yes I love wrestling) then I would notice, but usually I'm not looking for anyone. Maybe I will look in September we are staying at the Yacht Club which seems to be a favorite area for stars.

Now if they will only have a WWF convention then...sigh!!

catsrule
06-10-2001, 10:41 PM
This wasn't at a resort but at MGM I saw Gena Lee Nolin getting into her black convertable porche. She was leaving for the day from filming her tv show 'Sheena'. This was just last month.

MaryAnnDVC
06-10-2001, 10:44 PM
Last November, Julie Andrews was right behind us on the balcony of the Contemporary watching a space shuttle launch. She was in awe of the shuttle, and we were in awe of HER...and the shuttle. My kids wanted her autograph, but we told them to leave her alone and let her enjoy the experience.

Kristi1357
06-11-2001, 06:41 AM
I also saw Kelly Ripa, her hubby Mark and their son in the MK in April.

Sometime in the 80s, my DH was at WDW while Michael Jackson was there. They got onto the Jungle Cruise right after he got off. My SIL got to sit in "his" seat right after hee got off - pretty big thrill for her since he was so big in the 80s. Michael also passed by my DH and fmily in WS that same week.

DisneyDad_CJJE
06-11-2001, 08:10 AM
We saw Cal Ripkin Jr and his family along with Dennis Miller while waiting for the Toy Story parade at MGM.

They had a special section roped off on the steps outside the Doug Show (although at the time Doug was not there, it was the old show where you could be a part of old reruns.) The CM's had a really tough time keeping this area clear as people were trying to sit in the roped off area. We were seated right next to the rope and wondered who was coming.

When Ripkin and his family got there we felt a little sorry for them. You could tell they just wanted to enjoy a family vacation but they could not because all the people around wanted autographs and pics. He politely declined. If he had signed one, he never would have been able to stop.

My DW was sitting right next to him on the steps, (a rope between them) and she said something nice to him but no more than she would have for anyone else you might sit by for a parade. He seemed to appreciate that.

Dennis Miller was there to promote something. He did a 30 minute stage interview before the Beauty and the Beast show. It was cool. It's nice to be able to enjoy him humor without having to cover your kids ears.

bigmickeymike
06-11-2001, 09:18 AM
you know....it's funny.....never really thought about it before now, but...
.....everytime I've visited WDW...
..I've seen Elvis!! :earseek: :crazy: :jester:

deputy disney
06-11-2001, 09:42 AM
Stevie Wonder! at GF having lunch.

Kathy Rigby at BC having dinner.

Drew Carey at AKL opening day. Shook his hand at entrance of Dinoland. Very nice, down to earth almost embarassed by my acknowledgement!

But the biggest and best was when Mickey Mouse wished me happy birthday in person/mouseman at MK ee nite!!!!!!

WOW!:earseek:

Tikiman
06-11-2001, 09:45 AM
Sigourney Weaver and Mel Gibson w/kids frequent the Polynesian.

Steve

dcgrumpy
06-11-2001, 09:49 AM
I was at MGM for the "official" opening of RnR. They closed the ride for Aerosmith and other celebrities. The only people we saw that night were Jesse Camp and DJ scribble from MTV. We saw Aerosmith checking out of the BC the next morning.

I saw Wil Shriner at TL years ago, if anyone remembers him.

I saw Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods perform at the castle, when I was about 10yo.

Windjammer
06-11-2001, 10:06 AM
Vannah White came up to my wife while she was swimming in the WL pool one night and they talked about their kids.

Last year Whitney Houston was at the table next to us at the GF pool.

JUST4JENNA
06-11-2001, 10:18 AM
saw STEVE TYLER from AEROSMITH at WOLFGANG PUCK in DD. was kind enough to take a picture with my daughter!

Mrs Omalley
06-11-2001, 10:29 AM
We saw Zachary Ty Bryan (Home Improvement) at MGM. One night we were having dinner at the All Star Cafe, they made and announcement that there was a special guest with them for dinner that night. It was an announcer for football on Fox TV. Neither DH or I knew who he was.

We've also seen celebs off property. We saw Shaq playing mini golf at Pirates Cove on International Drive when we was with the Magic. At Universal Studios, we saw Lou Perlman (Making a Band and founder of Nsync & Backstreet Boys)

Joe Cool
06-11-2001, 10:32 AM
When we stayed at GF Concierge in '98, we saw Kevin Bacon in the hall walking down to his room. We also were in the elevator with Joe Piscopo (standup comedian from the late 80s) and a hot blonde girl...he was wearing a pink GF tshirt, a GF bathrobe, a pink GF baseball hat and slippers...the girl wasn't wearing much. :)

My dad <i>chased</i> Drew Carey in the GF lobby in April of '98 (day before opening day of AK)...it was kind of embarrassing at the time. Drew came out of 1900 Park Fare with his camcorder around his shoulder, and my dad's like, "oh my god that's drew carey" and he RUNS down the lobby. Drew...walked <i>really</i> fast out the door, and then some GF cast members converged on them secret-service style. Hoboy...

Mom saw Wynonna Judd at the boat dock at the GF that same week...and I saw Melissa Joan Hart at the Wilderness Lodge that same trip. No celeb sightings since then, but I never really bother to <i>look</i>...

JC

MikeD
06-11-2001, 11:52 AM
We saw Sela Ward having lunch at the Gasparilla Grill @ GF. Boy is she good looking!

cookie2001
06-11-2001, 12:56 PM
We also saw Kelly Rippa and Marc Consuelos at MK with their son. I dropped a hat on Peter Pan's flight and while we were waiting to see if the manager could retrieve it they came up the exit to get on the ride. When I first saw her, I thought, wow what a great looking pregnant lady. When I saw who it was I exclaimed, "It's Haley and Mateo!" He then left but she was very nice.

wdwnutze
06-11-2001, 02:17 PM
My only sighting was years ago(?75)I went with my parents and sibs to WDW for the first time. We went to the Contemporary so my brothers could use the water mice. There was a big crowd near a catamaran?spelling). It turned out to be Buddy Epson(Barnaby Jones). My mother was so excited she started yelling "Mr. Jones, Mr. Jones!" No wonder we were getting strange looks. He very nicely posed for pictures and signed autographs. I'm staying at the BC in August and I hope to have another sighting of someone. BC seems to be a popular place. But I suppose that famous people with lots of money don't bother with the heat in Aug. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes open anyway!
Enjoying the thread.:bounce: :bounce:

babylisa4
06-11-2001, 02:29 PM
We saw Kvin Bacon at the GF concierge at breakfast. We also were at Animal Kingdom and we had to wait while Jimmy Carter's entourage walked into the place where you view the tigers. Amy Carter was with him too. I have a picture of my boys standing next to Jimmy in the fast food line at the Barbeque restaurant.

las3888
06-11-2001, 02:31 PM
I saw Lloyd Bridges about 20 years ago at the Magic Kingdom. He was very nice and stopped for a photo! I still have it today.

jkb
06-11-2001, 02:37 PM
We saw LeVar Burton at BW in May of 2000. I noticed he was with his family, so I didn't want to disturb them. I waved at him and he smiled and waved back.

Buzz and Woody
06-11-2001, 03:03 PM
I've seen a lot of celebrities over the years at WDW, but during 96-97 when I worked there I saw a lot. Here are a few:
The funniest celebrity siting was Robin Williams in the character courtyard at MGM. He started a congo line with the Genie and a bunch of kids.
- While working at the Sci-Fi restaurant I was lucky enough to seat Gary Sinise.
- I also checked in Calvin Klein (actually his assistant, but he was standing right behind him) at the Grand Floridian when they were having the Calvin Kelin convention.
- During Spring Training I've seen numerous ESPN personalities and baseball players at the ESPN Club.
- I saw Tiger Woods at Pleasure Island.
- On the night of October 1st, 1996 (the 25th Anniversary) they had a press party at MGM and I sited a lot of people that evening; Michael Eisner, Drew Carey, Michael J. Fox and Molly Ringwold.
- I saw a taping of Regis and Kathy Lee in front of the Chinese Theater.

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

melk
06-11-2001, 03:29 PM
About 10 years ago we saw Candace Cameron from Full House at Typhoon Lagoon. She had just come down a water slide and we snapped her picture.

JAM2000
06-11-2001, 03:53 PM
In August 1994 I saw Princess Diana and her sons at MGM while waiting for Star Tours. They were staying at the GF and were at the MK the day before and there were photographers all over the place with the biggest camera llenses I have ever seen. That night we went to the Hoopdie-Do and the waitress told us that she was there the night before and that William had been chosen to go up on stage during the show. At the time her kids could have passed as just any other boys, they had on hats and t-shirts.

Wishydoo
06-11-2001, 04:04 PM
I will be in WDW in August. If I see any people from the DIS with the lime green ribbons on, I will feel as though I have spotted celebrities! I think that would be cool :D

betz
06-11-2001, 06:51 PM
A few years ago at the Boneyard at AK I was digging in the dirt with my DD and next to us was Michael Palin, of Monty Python Fame, with a child.

All I could think was I am sitting here with Michael Palin, digging in the dirt with Michael Palin and can't think of one darn witty thing to say.

I think all I ended up saying was something like,' I've enjoyed your acting so much, you know you are the nicest one of them all.'

He laughed and said he has been told that before, not to believe it and thanked me with his beautiful British accent.

OMG - Foot in Mouth Syndrome.

LES---OKW95
06-11-2001, 08:19 PM
I think the first celeb we saw was around '88. We saw Michael Landon and his family at Epcot around France. We have also seen Reggie White w/family at Blizzard Beach--Pat & Vanna at MK--and last Feb. while staying at the Beach Club during Bryant Gumbel's golf tournament, we saw sports stars such as Marcus Allen and Bob Lanier and many more that I couldn't put a name to the face!!! :D :D :D

kyenglish
06-11-2001, 09:42 PM
We saw Ray Liotta this past Thursday (June 7) walking on the Boardwalk. I don't even know who he is but my husband recognized him. All we knew that he played in was Goodfellas. He was with his wife (or girlfriend) and small child. Only one person came up and said Hi Ray. Everyone else left him alone (or did not recognize him).

Wishydoo
06-17-2001, 08:30 PM
:earseek:

I like this thread......I'd love to see some more replies!

lemur2400
06-17-2001, 10:36 PM
Several years ago I took my youngest DD with me to WDW for a work meeting. We were staying at the BC and the Christmas decorations had just been put up in the lobby. Of course the BC had a Christmas tree with Ariel and seashell decorations, very lovely. So we decide to wander over to the YC and look at their tree. I am gazing at the tree when my DD says very softly, "Mom there's Arnold and Maria!" So I had to walk around the tree another time and look at them as they sat in the lobby bar for an evening refreshment and Arnold smoking a large cigar. We just smiled at them and he winked and acknowledged us.
My other celebrity sighting was at Typhoon Lagoon where I swam next to Paul Sorvino, whom I recognized but the rest of my family didn't have a clue.

Linda/MA
06-18-2001, 07:06 AM
While staying at the BWI this past April, my two daughters saw the girl who starred in remake of The Parent Trap -- Lindsay Lohan -- a couple of times at the quiet pool and in the lobby. I don't know if I would recognize her. She's probably changed since that movie was made.

ASFCurly
06-18-2001, 09:28 AM
We just got back from the Contemporary and the Wonder and while I have no idea what he looks like so I have no idea if I saw him or not I do know that Keshawn (sp?) Johnson (a football player?) was at the Contemporary and on the Wonder at the same time as me. Also, while on the bus to the Contemporary they had to stop the bus because of the Vice-Presidental caravan, or whatever it is called, drove by, plus while we were at MK, they were filming a comercial.

Wishydoo
06-18-2001, 09:41 AM
Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Janet2k
07-06-2001, 11:16 PM
A few years ago I was walking on the grounds of the GF with my sister as the sun was setting. It was a glorious Florida night. We were deep in conversation as we were walking and we noticed that there were three people partially blocking the sidewalk up ahead of us. As we approached them I could see that it was one woman and two men. They moved out of the way and said, “Good evening,” to us as we passed. We paused our conversation long enough to say, “Good evening,” back. As we passed them my sister whispered to me, “Did you see who that was?!!” I said, “No.” She said, “That was Jim Neighbors.” For some reason I didn’t really hear the name that she spoke and I thought she was talking about some sort of sports coach or something. She looked at me in disbelief and said more loudly, “That was JIM NEIGHBORS!” I just gave her a blank stare and glanced back at the people who we had just passed. She then said, “Well, gowl-ly!” At that my mind suddenly kicked into gear. I could see Jim Neighbors just beam the cutest smile because, of course, he heard what my sister said. He seemed happy that someone noticed him and remembered him. My sister and I just giggled and continued on our way down the path.

SPAGo 98
07-06-2001, 11:58 PM
I am mad . I have never seen a celeb @ WDW. I feel left out.

Hahahaha.

I'll do some more intense looking next trip!!

gm
07-07-2001, 01:12 AM
yes that was the football player. We were on the monorail with him from MK to Contemporary. He was with his family. We were sitting right across them on the monorail. We left mk to go to Contemporary for Chef mickeys. And yes we saw the presidential cars when we were staying at the dolphin.:D

dudlee930
07-07-2001, 03:59 AM
in the early 60's [yes that long ago] my family was there for the opening of its a small world and i got to meet and shake hands with the man himself[[[[[ WALT DISNEY]]]]]. we were in epcot for new years eve 99 when we saw m.eisner walk by with all his body guards just to see if he could do it my son ran up to eisner and picked him up and said happy new year brother.body guards asked him to put mr.eisner down.very funny my son is 6'4'' and has dreadlocks down past his shoulders quite a sight to behold,

grumpyandbashful
07-07-2001, 07:26 AM
Dudlee - you shook hands with THE WALTSTER?? I am not worthy! What a cool :smooth: memory!
When we were at the AKL last month, I kept hearing that Patrick Ewing was staying there along with a huge bodyguard, but I never saw him :( .

DVCJman
07-07-2001, 08:18 AM
Saw Marie Osmond at Boardwalk area in June 2001....very nice, very beautiful.....love the picture...

desertgirl
07-07-2001, 10:09 AM
On the first day of our trip in November of '99, N'SYNC was doing a concert for the Christmas television special. Now, this is when they were pretty big, but not HUGE stars like they are now. Although we were fans, we didn't want to sit around and wait for the concert to start as we just got there and wanted to look around.

Well, later that week, my husband and I were walking amongst the "tombstones" in front of spaceship earth and we see Joey about two feet from us. Then we look and see the rest of the group along with a couple of big bodyguards. They headed to the turnstyles and sat there and waited awhile. We went out of the turnstyles and sat on a bench right behind them and watched the scene unfold. A section was roped off right in front of the turnstyles and they were getting ready to do a segment for the television special. Girls were crowding around the rope asking for autographs and the guys were SOOO gracious, posing for pictures, signing autographs, playing with the crowd. J.C. was eating lunch from Cantina de San Angel while all of this was going on. They were so good with the crowd and we were so impressed. We couldn't wait to come home and tell our preteen babysitters that we saw N'SYNC up close and personal!

addictedtoWDW
07-07-2001, 10:57 AM
I've only had one encounter with a celeb in all of my visits to WDW. My sisters and I were just exiting the gift shop across from the Tomorrow land speedway when we saw Tyra Banks surrounded by body guards & apparently headed for an "exit" She was nice enough to stop and sign some autographs for a few girls that had stopped her before she could make her escape. :D

cboudre1
07-07-2001, 12:43 PM
We saw Rebecca Lobo, from the NY Liberty, at the CSR. She was there for a charity function. The Children's Miracle network

norealityhere
07-07-2001, 01:26 PM
We were at Animal Kingdom about a month after it's grand opening and saw Robin Williams exiting the park while we were entering.

dudlee930
07-08-2001, 02:11 AM
bump

disneyhottie
07-09-2001, 11:35 PM
A few years ago my family was at Planet Hollwood waiting to be seated.We were by the front door just hanging out.All of a sudden everybody was pushe aside and we knew somebody big was coming in,couldn't see who it was until we were seated;it was pauly shore."Son in Law."I guess were we bad we videotaped him eating,but he couldn't se us!:p

laurenk
07-10-2001, 07:29 AM
Yes, Patrick Ewing was at AKL with Alonzo Mornning(spelling?). We saw them often. They are some TALL men!!!

LindaLovesDisney
07-10-2001, 07:50 AM
This past Feb, we saw Frank & KathyLee Gifford & their kids at the Hoopy-Dee-De Revue.

Tiger Fan
07-10-2001, 12:28 PM
I count this as a kind of celebrity sighting....last month as we were checking into the Yacht Club, Vice President Cheney and his entourage were departing - we couldn't get anywhere near, but he darted right in the limo. It was fun to know we were staying the same place at the VP.

Lisa

ShirleyC
07-10-2001, 01:11 PM
About 4 years ago we sat next to Barbara Bush and her staff (along with a lot of secret service posted at all the doors) at Les Chefs de France. She was very friendly and talked with a number of people in the restaurant. We chose to just smile and leave her alone.

:jester:

luvpooh
07-10-2001, 02:05 PM
On my trip this past April, we saw the lead singer from the group Everclear, Alex something (I forget his last name) with his girlfriend, daughter, and a CM tourguide in the MK. It was funny because we had just seen a "Behind the Music" episode about the band before we left for vacation!

On that same trip, we saw "Scottie Too Hottie", Scott Taylor, of the WWF with his wife. According to Mankind (Mick Foley)'s book, both he and Scott are huge WDW fans!

MMEars
07-10-2001, 05:15 PM
June 17th I was shooting baskets on the Boardwalk and Pat Sajak came along side and shot a few for his kids. Real nice guy as after I took my father in law's picture with him, he asked for 2 wallets as a souvenir!!

Janet2k
08-21-2001, 11:33 PM
At the BoardWalk at Easter last year, my family met Ray Brown from the San Francisco 49ers. Ray wears jersey number “65” for the 49’ers, and he is an offensive lineman (hey, I know nothing about sports but am a wiz at finding out information on the Internet: http://www.fortyniners.com/team/Playerinfo.asp?TeamRosterID=13 ). Anyway, my husband is a BIG sports fan and he struck up a conversation with Ray, who wound up to be just exactly what I thought a 49’er should be – gracious, kind, and built (as my Father would say) like a brick sh*% house (aka, I wouldn’t want to be on the field the same time as Ray was). It’s always a special WDW vacation when my husband gets to see (and meet) a player of one of his favorite sports.

enord
08-22-2001, 06:48 AM
A couple of years ago, I was in the Mickey's Friends character greetings with my daughters. The back door opened and in walked a CM with three young ladies. The shortest one looked very familiar and I kept staring at her. She kept looking at me with a look of dread. I think she was afraid I was going to approach her. I didn't. But, I finally realized why she looked so familiar. It was Tara Lapinski.

KellyJ76
08-22-2001, 02:54 PM
During my college Spring Break in 1996 I saw David Copperfield walking through Pleasure Island with his bodyguards. Several people stopped him for pictures before he exited through a backstage gate.

49rt67
08-23-2001, 04:18 PM
I have nothing to add, but I'm enjoying this thread!

OKW91
08-23-2001, 07:02 PM
Several years ago we watched Vanna White film a Xmas piece for the Xmas TV show while we visited Fort Wilderness.

EllenJ
08-23-2001, 07:30 PM
About 7 or 8 years ago we saw the pretaping of the Christmas parade at MGM. We stood behind Will Freidel and Fred Savage (or the other brother??) while they taped a segment of the Toy Story parade. We had our 2 seconds of fame. If you looked real close on Christmas day, you could see my 2 year old and myself behind them.

Also, a few years ago we saw Dan Marino in the Magic Kingdom near the teacups. I pointed him out to my husband (who knows absolutly nothing about football) and he said I just pee'd next to him in the mens room. He had no idea who he was. :cool:

jasonbogen
08-23-2001, 08:03 PM
In 1999 when I was at Disney on a business trip a group of us danced with Drew Carey at 8-Trax. Then this February when I was there with my family I ran into Buck Showalter (former manager of the Yankees) and Brian McRae (former player) at the Dolphin. They were there doing a show for ESPN.

Jason

Amgrease
08-23-2001, 08:32 PM
My friend and I were at MGM and we saw Raymond from Everybody Loves Raymond getting his square done. Then a few weeks later we saw Aaron Carter and Samantha Mumba when they were doing their special.
And speaking of Aaron Carter... one night two friends and I had gone to the late night special at Disney Quest and we were hungry afterward and it was about 1am, not too many people were out and about in West Side so we decided to go to Planet Hollywood to eat and when we went in we got seated upstairs with only two other groups, one of which included Aaron Carter and some body guards etc.
Another siting at Planet Hollywood was around the same time of night, once again after a Disney Quest trip and there were even less people in Planet Hollywood and while we were ordering I looked to my left and there were the guys of O-town sitting about two tables down from us, with a set of 4 body guards in between. We were the only teenage girls in the restaurant and probably the only ones who knew them so we got their autographs and to talk to them for awhile.
And, sorry for the long stories but I have one more. About two years ago my friend and I were having drinks and listening to music at the GF and there was a bit of a commotion by the elevator and a bunch of people came out and we saw Rosie in the middle of them.

MiknMinMouse
08-23-2001, 09:06 PM
Back in 1988 when I went with my hubby for the first time we saw Joan Lunden and family at Chef Mickey while we were having breakfast :-)

MAKmom
08-23-2001, 10:35 PM
This June Pat Sajack was in the suite next to our room. I passed him in the hall taking his daughter to get her faced painted on the Boardwalk & he ate breakfast in the concirge lounge next to us. When we moved to AKL later that week my 2 daughter saw Patrick Ewing in the elevator. ( we were told a few of the NBA stars were there at that time) This is unconfirmed but my DH thinks he saw Mike tyson jogging down the boardwalk early in the morning with a hooded sweatshirt... he really thinks it was him. And he thought it odd at first anyone would have a hooded sweet shirt on in JUNE. The Staff at AKL said AKL was THE place to be seen this year.

alice-d
08-24-2001, 07:10 AM
in '89 my sister-in-law and I was Cybil Sheapherd in the GF Lobby.

alice-d
08-24-2001, 07:12 AM
Sorry, we "saw" not "was" Cybil Sheapherd.

WedWay72
08-24-2001, 07:43 AM
Though not at WDW, my son and I were at NBA City at CityWalk two years ago to watch the Super Bowl and the entire Phoenix Suns basketball team was there too.

My son, then 16 yrs old and a huge NBA fan, was shooting baskets there and two rather tall men asked if they could shoot as well (the games area). You guessed it, two of the Suns players. My son, Aaron, was in heaven I think.

WDWalways
08-24-2001, 08:12 AM
In the spring of 1991, I saw Joe McIntyre (still w/New Kids on the Block at the time) in the Emporium and my girlfriend and I were not only really big New Kids fans but her fave was Joey so she of course freaked out a little. We (hate to admit) followed him out of the store and he headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean and took pictures with us. We were thrilled!!

fio006
08-24-2001, 08:40 AM
We also saw Hulk Hogan at the GF 1994 while he was filming Thunder in Paradise. Stood next to him in the food/game room are getting coffee....

krina19
08-24-2001, 09:43 AM
Mariah Carey was in the gift shop at the Beach Club last Thursday! We also saw one of the weather men from the weather channel in the lobby of the Dolphin

Pete's Mom
08-24-2001, 10:14 AM
bumping up for more! :bounce:

Pete and Tina
08-24-2001, 12:21 PM
We saw Christina Aguilera, she was doing her handprints at MGM and performed a few songs.

mmouse37
08-24-2001, 01:26 PM
We saw Kevin Bacon on New Years's eve one year just before he went onstage at MGM.

We also saw (back in the 80's) Michael Jackson and that little kid from the sitcom that he was friends with....having dinner at Japan in EPCOT. It was late at night a no one else was around. We were too shy to go up and ask for autographs....it was exciting to see him in this heyday!!!!

MJ

DisneyPoly
08-24-2001, 11:11 PM
While dining late one evening at 1900 Park Fare (I believe it was 1999), a few CMs ushered in a family to the back room. While passing our table, this woman paused and smiled at our younger children. I said to my DH, "That looks like Dianna Ross." Sure enough it was. She had quite a group with her. They were celebrating someone's birthday. After dinner, while relaxing in the lobby by the piano, she exited out the back of the restaurant and took the Concierge elevators, alone.

What a nice treat!

Pete's Mom
08-25-2001, 09:24 PM
bumping up! I love this thread!

DisneyPoly
08-25-2001, 10:22 PM
While having dinner at 1900 Park Fare, Dianna Ross and family came in to have dinner and celebrate a birthday! What a nice surprise!

SUSANMELODY
08-26-2001, 04:21 PM
We saw Billy Joel, Christie Brinkley and their daughter dressed as Minnie Mouse at the MK in Tomorrowland. They were being escorted by officious looking CM's and being ushered into the rides. I thought it was so cute that their dd was dressed like Minnie, that I purchased the same for my daughter, and she LOVED it. As a matter of fact, she still wears her Minnie ears.

soccer mom
08-26-2001, 08:05 PM
Have never experienced a celebrity siting, but all eight times we have gone we have run into someone we know! (Sorry that's the best I can do!)

Janet2k
11-23-2001, 03:42 PM
A few years ago we were dining at the Prime Time Café in Disney Studios one afternoon. A family came in immediately after us and was seated at the table next to us. The Cast Members seemed to be giving that family an awful lot of attention. My husband looked at the head of the family and excitedly said, “That is John Salley!” Knowing that my husband only gets excited when he sees sports celebrities, I said, “What team does John play for?” My husband told me that he used to play for the Detroit Pistons (my husband’s favorite basketball team) but now he was playing for the Miami Heat. (Note: John Salley then went on to play for the Toronto Raptors, the Chicago Bulls, and the Los Angeles Lakers – he sure did get around.) The family finished their meal before us and left. We finished our meal about fifteen minutes later. When we walked outside, we saw that the Disney Studios parade had begun. Over the loudspeakers we heard, “Today’s Grand Marshall is John Salley from the Miami Heat.” My husband and I just laughed. We then knew why John Salley’s family had gulped their meals down so quickly.

sramille
11-24-2001, 12:21 AM
I love all of your stories!!!!!
I have to admit that I have purposely planned my trips to Disney around Super Soap Weekend so I've seen my stars for the past three years.
Extra special bonus this year though.....went to breakfast with Susan Lucci and got an autograph and photo too. What fun!

And, I can totally appreciate everybody's stories. It's so exciting to see celebrities out of the usual environment. I've seen the soap stars wandering around AK and riding the Rockin Roller Coaster, that's way more fun than seeing them in their autograph booth!

jfap
11-24-2001, 08:59 AM
Now none of you young Whippersnatchers will know who this is, but my husband & I saw Louis Ruckeyser in MGM just a few weeks ago. He has a show on PBS called (I think) Wallstreet Week. He looks alot like George Washington.

J. Thornhill
11-24-2001, 10:34 AM
Hey!

I'm a fairly young whippersnapper (25) and I know who Louis Ruckeyser is! In fact I've got a Wall Street Week screensaver! The strength of my resolve to remain an uncorrupted dork is undeniable. Anyway, how exciting. He's just the type of celebrity I like seeing most . . . the one whom no one else recognizes!

Jonathan

Janet2k
04-19-2002, 03:08 AM
I thought this thread got lost in the Dis server shuffle -- I'm glad to see that it's still around. I do see, however, that a few posts are missing from it (they, no doubt, got lost during the shuffle). I will add my recent "Aerosmith Band Members" sighting within the next day or two since it is "missing" from this thread. In the meantime, I hope my fellow Dis'ers will add their own celebrity sightings to it.

Andrew Bichard
04-19-2002, 05:45 AM
I don't know if he counts as a celebrity, but a couple of years back, Roy Disney and a whole other bunch of dignitaries were eating right near us at Flying Fish. I understand he had just given a talk to the Disneyana convention, then running.

Andrew

ducklite
04-19-2002, 07:19 AM
In January Drew Carey was hanging out right next to me at the bar at PI. We understand that Ryan Stiles was staying in the suite two doors down from us at the AKL, but we didn't see him.

I saw Regis' wife at the GF Spa.

Heard that Eisner was staying in the suite at the BWI when we were there last year, but I didn't see him either.

Anne

minnie56
04-19-2002, 08:30 AM
A couple of years ago at Christmas time, we saw Joan Lunden who was there for the Christmas day parade, staying at the Contemporary Resort.We met her in the hotel elevator and again with her family at the Jolly Holidays Christmas dinner show.

This past Christmas, we saw Gary Sinese in Epcot with a group of people.They were going into one of the attractions (forgotten which one) I believe he was in 'town' as he had been narrating the Candlelight Processional.He is really small!!

jel0511
04-19-2002, 08:43 AM
Last Christmas, we saw Jimmy Carter and Roslyn on the Tea cups!! We got to ride with them, it was really cool!!! The Secret Service looked like they were enjoying themselves also.

jjgarv
04-19-2002, 08:59 AM
last Year my family stayed at Disney's vero Beach resort for 5 days. We saw Jack Hannah, the animal guy, and his family were there. They hung out at the pool next to us everyday and his grandkids played with my niece and nephews. Nice family, and I dont think anyone recognized him.

kityrussell
04-19-2002, 09:05 AM
Last December (2001) my DH and I were walking through the hallway at BWI and saw Alfre Woodard and her son walking through. She was narrating doing the Epcot Christmas show that wkd (for some reason I'm completely blanking on the official name - and I go every Dec!). Anyway, it was neat seeing her with her son and I poked my husband in the side and told him who it was. He was clueless till I said "the secretary in "Scrooged" and then he knew who it was! Men! But we literally walked withing 3 inches of her in the hall.

WDWfantasy
04-19-2002, 09:38 AM
When we stayed at BWV in January, 2001, we saw Joe Theisman (I hope that is how you spell his name) strolling along the Boardwalk. My DH and I both recognized him at the same time and just looked at him with the deer in the headlights look. He smiled politely and gave us a nod. We then composed ourselves enough to smile back. :) On our first trip to WDW in June of 1993 we saw Boy George making a video on the grassy area in front of and off to the side of the Castle in MK.

happylady
04-19-2002, 11:41 AM
@ 12 years ago my DH worked at WDW. One night all the guys decided to go out for a drink after work at one of the resorts (my DH said if was to celebrate my becoming pregnant after 5 long infertile years....sure...any excuse:rolleyes: ) They were seated at a table in front listening to a band, enjoying themselves. A CM from the lounge came up and asked them to move to a different table, adding that the lounge would buy them a round because an important guest had just arrived and they were seated at his favorite table. Well, all they heard was free drink!! They were up and moving before the CM finished the sentence.

Turns out it was Bob Hope. Before he sat down he walked over to my DH and coworkers and gave each his autograph and thanked them for moving. We still have the autograph in ziplock bag in one of our sons' memory boxes.

JADEMM
04-19-2002, 12:31 PM
ADAM SANDLER. Our kids went nuts and still talk about-although we never said anything to him. He sat right behind us at Honey I Shrunk The Audience Christmas week 1998. It may have been New Years Eve or New Years Day eve.

ozziewags
04-19-2002, 01:15 PM
I saw the mom from Wonder Years, with her husband, Orson Bean a few years ago. We were at the YC and they were at the BC. What is her name? Allie?
Then we saw Kevin Bacon and his brother at MGM 2 years ago, but they were appearing on New Years, so I don't count that!

Tarheel Tink
04-19-2002, 03:38 PM
Apparently I am a magnet for celebrities, however I am not alert enough to see them. Thank goodness DH is like a bird dog on point when he sees them...

Last December (the week of Walt's Birthday) was a mass of celebrities as you can imagine. Regis and Kelly broadcasting from MGM all week, all the media, the Candlelight Processional, etc.

It started at Epcot on Test Track. In the singles line we were merged in and about to get into "our" car when out of a door on the opposite side came out a couple of CMs with several people who took our car but promised the next was ours. DH grabs me and says "That's Wayne Brady!". I turn into a total goof and holler "Mr. Brady! I love your work!". He graciously turned in his seat, smiled and said "Thank you, baby!". Off they go and the rest of the line starts saying "Who was it? What!?". Friends in the car behind us had no idea and could not believe we did not buy his Test Track photo (DUH! Never thought to even look at it!). A little while later we attended the Candlelight Processional and there he was (as the reader).

Jump ahead a day: We are at Animal Kingdom using our fastpass to do the safari. As we merge into the line to board, DH says "It's Wayne Brady again!". Sure enough, behind us is Wayne and wife along with CMs. He is obviously trying to be low key, so I hold off on the tacky hollering (this time) and quietly say as we pass his group "I really enjoyed your reading last night" and again got his gracious smile and a thanks. We thought we would be bumped, but rode the same vehicle on the safari and got a picture of the back of his head (hey! I missed out on the TT photo!). We saw him everywhere we went (we joked he was stalking us) but DH drew the line when I asked him to go into the men's room in Africa, LOL! It wasn't like I asked him to take a photo or anything!

During the same trip we saw Kelly Ripa (could someone be cuter and tinier?), Regis Philbin, Howie Mandel, weatherman from Today show, movie critic from Today show (what is his name?? Lord knows I hollered it out when he went off the air and he said hey to me) and much to my pride DH actually sited Mickey Rooney in a huge crowd entering One Man's Dream. Due to his height and the size of the crowd, I was most impressed with this siting. We were standing by a man who listed a bunch of others entering that we were not familiar with- famous animators and "voices" from past movies.

On our final day we lounged in at the WL and watched the Regis/Kelly show in bed. Much to DH's shock, the woman on JAG was the guest that day. DH LOVES the show and adores this woman (who is lovely). I had to giggle when I watched him try and leap out of bed and get dressed to rush to MGM- he finally realized his folly and dejectedly gave up the quest. I tried to console him by letting him know I didn't get to see Smashmouth either, but he was not impressed (hee hee!).

disneyfriends
04-19-2002, 11:02 PM
On our honeymoon in June 1990, we were given tickets to the premiere of "Dick Tracy" at the theaters at Pleasure Island. We got there quite a bit early and were just wandering around when we spotted a "news" crew who turned out to be from MTV. Nia Peeples was there with a microphone. There was not another soul in site except for us and them. One of the bodyguards came up to my husband and shoved him and told him to go away. We continued to walk around and noticed a red carpet on the side of the theater, again not another soul in sight. We stood there talking for quite a bit and several people with news cameras began to congregate. We were suddenly roped in with the media and out came Dustin Hoffman, Warren Beatty, Paul Sorvino, and several other actors. They were all very nice, gave autographs and pictures. The rumor was that Madonna was on the outs with Warren and refused to come to the premiere, staying at her room in the Dolphin. What a great memory of our honeymoon!

SAINTHOUSE
04-20-2002, 09:41 AM
I love reading about all these celebs, although coming from the UK, I don't know many of the names!

I was thrilled to hear that Prince William was the Sherriff at the Hoop-de-Doo. My son was chosen 3 years ago, so its nice to think he trod in the footsteps of our future King!

We've seen a number of English soccer players and B-list celebs but I doubt anyone out there would have heard of them!!!

Keep the stories coming.

DIXIEDAYS
04-20-2002, 05:52 PM
In April, 2001, we had finished dinner at the GF 1900 Park Fare. We were waiting for our car and standing off to the side was Broadway Joe of the N.Y. Jets. Being from Patriot country, meeting Joe was great! He posed for pics with my kids, and of course with the big kid!! Joe signed their autograph books and he talked fondly of the Patriots of his era and now.

As a side note: while Joe was signing autographs, my middle daughter asked her mother who the guy was making balloon animals! He was signing all sorts of things, but BALLOON ANIMALS? AH, the future is theirs.

Disney Pal
04-20-2002, 06:50 PM
I saw Hulk Hogan also at the Swan last Halloween with his wife. We also
happened to be there Soap Opera Weekend and my husband and I went
over to the Yacht Club and we saw Finola Hughes, Tad Martin, Jessica Buchanan,
Adam Chandler we just happened to be looking for pins and I was shocked to see
these people. You see them on TV and you never actually think you might meet
them someday. It was really cool.

Halle
04-20-2002, 07:50 PM
My family saw Dan Marino who was exiting the ESPN Sports Club. Show must not have gone well because...a group of kids 7- 11 years old wanted an autograph and he turned to his bodyguard (Disney person) and said keep these kids away! He lost some fans that day.

Mary Ellen
04-20-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Tarheel Tink
Much to DH's shock, the woman on JAG was the guest that day. DH LOVES the show and adores this woman (who is lovely). I had to giggle when I watched him try and leap out of bed and get dressed to rush to MGM- he finally realized his folly and dejectedly gave up the quest.

Her name is Catherine Bell. We saw her several times while we were staying at AKL. She is also a favorite of DH and DB. In fact, I think the only reason DB came over from OKW to visit us at AKL, was so that he might have a chance to see her too. Seeing her was the highlight of DB's entire WDW vacation.

We also spotted Joe Rohde (head imagineer for AK development), Dan Jansen (Olympic Gold Medalist speed skater) and Susie Favor Hamiliton (Olympic distance runner). We could have walked into a pro football or basketball player and wouldn't have had a clue who they were. We tend to follow more 'non-commercial' sports.

cdrn1
04-20-2002, 10:31 PM
We saw Marion Jones (the amazing athlete...fastest woman in the world!) in Downtown Disney the first week of December.

shannonandtom
04-20-2002, 10:31 PM
October 2001 we saw Grant Hill in the GF lobby.

Tom...:D

montessori
04-21-2002, 07:37 AM
Quite a few years ago, we walked down Main Street with Pavarotti and his entourage. Got a close up picture of him.

Talked to Kenny Mann (from ESPN) in The BelleView Room at The Boardwalk, got a picture of him with my husband. We saw him there again the next day and he asked, "Don't you go anywhere but here?"
We DO spend alot of time there.
Saw Michael Eisner heading for the elevator around the corner from The BelleView Room. He was alone. I yelled "Mr. Eisner!", grabbed my camera and ran! He held the elevator door open so I could take his picture. I felt kind of stupid but, oh well. He is very tall and has a nice smile.

Susan Lucci and her husband came in to The BelleView Room for a drink. A few other good-looking people were with them, probably from the soaps. We didn't intrude. Susan looked really good.
We had a fairly long conversation with Tad Martin (I can't think of his real name!) on the Boardwalk. We were just chatting away!

At Atlantic Dance, we sat next to the old lady that used to be Drew Carey's boss on the show. I think she has since passed away?? She was with an old guy but she looked really ticked off about something, he left and then she left about 15 minutes later.

Saw Dr. Joyce Brothers checking in at The Palace in DTD. Woohoo!

We often run into people we know personally there too. That always seems funny to me. "It's a Small World After All!"

Mary Ann :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :

Joe Cool
04-21-2002, 11:38 AM
We don't seem to be celeb magnets lately, but...

OK i think I posted about my dad chasing Drew Carey through the GF lobby 4 years ago...

On this last trip in March '02, I was standing in line for the AK Safari and heard a really familiar voice...it sounded eerily like Sam from The West Wing. I looked in front of me and, sure enough, it was Rob Lowe (the actor who plays Sam) with his family. He had a rather large security guy following about 4-5 people back in the line carrying a camcorder...I know that at least one person recognized Rob Lowe, because whenever they took his picture, the security guy took <i>their</i> picture.

And that's not all. I happened to be touring around alone that day, and ended up sitting in the front row of the safari truck next to Rob's wife, Sheryl. It was so funny, like, they didn't know I recognized them (i didn't drop any hints), but Rob just acted like a normal person, driving the driver crazy with comments like, "so...how do they get these tress to grow in Central Florida?". The driver was like, "what am I gonna do with this guy? What are you talking about, Central Florida? This is EAST AFRICA...". LoL!

So...uh...ok on that trip, I also walked past James Garner (actor) in the GF lobby, he was talking to another old guy followed by two 800-pound gorilla bodyguards. Oh, and there was a young african-american woman who <i>looked</i> like a celebrity in disguise staying in our building at the GF...she kind of walked around the grounds <i>reeeeal</i>ly nervously, leading her 5-year old (?) daughter by the hand like she was going to get assassinated if she stopped moving. Hunh. And...I saw Heather Locklear somewhere (i can't remember where) in WDW. She didn't have sunglasses on or anything, but she was surrounded by a bunch of "zee beautiful people" and at least one security guy.

JC

Richyams
04-21-2002, 12:14 PM
As many have mentioned, there were lots of celeberities there last December. We saw Kelly from Regis about ten times, I didn't think she was particularly good looking, I mean she was certainly attractive and skinny, but there were definitely better looking women in the crowds.

We saw Eisner a few times, once with Jeb Bush. We got a handshake, hello and "how are you enjoying your stay?" from Eisner the third time we saw him. He recognized us and I got the feeling that he would have liked to have talked more, his men were herding him away.

We saw some olympic athlete, a gold medel runner, she waved back, my sister-in-law recognized her eating in Tusker House at the AK.

RLMS56
04-21-2002, 12:46 PM
During our Thanksgiving trip last year we were in the YC lobby and met Gloria Estefan. She was very gracious and shook our hands and said she was happy to meet us. BTW, she is very petite and adorable.
We just returned from WDW and although we didn't see any celebs in the park we did have one on our flight down from NYC to MCO... Alex Baldwin was in 1st class. My son spotted him and went up and asked for his autograph and shook his hand.

teroot
04-21-2002, 01:07 PM
Two years ago we saw Scott Hamilton at the mco airport . It was 6:00am .

DeeP
04-21-2002, 03:01 PM
If you want to see alot of tv soap celebrities go to YC/BC or BWI during the Super Soap Weekend in Nov. The vast majority of them stay in these resorts and you see them all over in the lobby at the restaurants etc.
We saw several of the Backstreet Boys at YC about 4 years ago, I thought my DD was going to have a heartattack! LOL
We have also seen Michael Eisner and Rosie O'Donnell both at YC. It seems the Epcot resorts are good places to spot celebrities.

Disney Doll
04-21-2002, 03:49 PM
A couple of years ago, we saw Angela Lansbury walking with just a Disney guide in front of the Land in Epcot. In January, we saw Wayne Brady(Whose Line Is It Anyway?) in the MK, watching the afternoon show at Cinderella's Castle. he had 2 friends and a Disney guide with him. I waved to him, and he waved back...very nice!

MichaelH
04-21-2002, 04:33 PM
A few years ago my wife and I saw Judd Reinhold. He and his family I believe walked by my wife and I at MK. We both just stopped and lookd at each other and said was that Judd Reinhold. We looked back and sure enought it was him.

magic cruiser
04-21-2002, 06:55 PM
We saw Whitney Houston on the DCL Magic May 2001. Bobby was with her and her daughter. She was friendly to everyone, but of course had her body guards there. I asked one of the bar waiters at Castaway Cay if she was a good tipper...he said her body guard handled that and that no he wasn't. One night on the ship they had a family dance and there they were...Whitney even sang !!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

mitzelf3
04-21-2002, 06:58 PM
I used to work at Disney in '98 as an attractions hostess. One day, Glen Close and her family rode my attraction, and they had to leave through the cm exit. We were all in position when they exited the ride through our breakroom, and I got to open the door for her and say something bland like "Have a great day", but I was still so excited.
Before AK opened to the public, they had "cast member safari" days. I was there with my mom, and saw Melissa Joan Hart (and the rest of the Sabrina cast) filming an episode at the park.

Tinkerbell2
04-22-2002, 10:17 PM
Ok...this one is TOTALLY UNCOMFIRMED....But last spring I went to AK alone one day and saw King Louie (my favorite) Well I needed my picture taken but nobody to take it...so I turned to the guy next to me and asked if he would take it...He shook his head yes...SO as I was posing I realized that the guy REALLY looked like Nascar driver Ward Burton. Now Ive seen him enough (but never approached him) to know what he looked like...but the big giveaway would be to get the guy to talk....With his distinct accent it would hve been a dead givaway...well there was no way I could get him to talk...he would only shake his head...so im convinced it was him...LOL

Not that I would have asked him for an autograph or anything...theres a time and place for that...i jsut woulda liked to know if it was definatly him or not! :)

Laurabearz
04-22-2002, 11:03 PM
My husband and I ran into Dylan McDerrmit at Disneyland..... If that counts:rolleyes:

bethie
04-23-2002, 09:37 AM
Uh, this is pitiful actually-let's see, 29 years ago I guess, when I was 8 or so, my family and I saw the comdedian Nipsy Russell. Anyone remember him? LOL We were in the game room at the Contemporary. Sorry, that was my best celebrity sighting.

nolanzzz
04-23-2002, 10:34 PM
In June of 99 we were eating lunch at the Rainforest Cafe (not the one at Animal Kingdom - the other one) and we all noticed some commotion inside (we were eating out on the patio). My hubby suddenly YELLS that he caught a glimpse of Halle Berry, and he and my DS just about broke their legs and necks to get up from the table and DASH inside to get a closer look. I never did see her (SOMEBODY had to responsible enough to stay w/our then-5 year old DD at the table - LOL!) but DH and DS came back breathless and happy. They both said she was very tiny and just gorgeous.

DBorges
04-26-2002, 07:04 PM
In May 2000 I saw Rosie O'Donnell at the ESPN club.

Last week we saw Disney CEO Michael Eisner at Jiko at the AKL for their anniversary.

manning
04-26-2002, 08:45 PM
Say and smelled Zsa Zsa Gabor one year at the Beach Club.

We were waiting for an elevator when it opened, and she and her group got out. In we went, only problem was that she left, but her perfume didn't. That was the longest one floor ride I had.

When that door opened, I realized how good Florida air smelled!!

Janet2k
07-26-2002, 07:34 PM
It was a few days before New Year’s Eve 2001 and we were eating lunch at the BoardWalk’s Big River Grille & Brewing Works. It was chilly out that day, so we chose to dine inside. We were seated right next to a window, and we enjoyed watching the activity on the boardwalk. A few surrey bikes drove past and the riders seemed to be really enjoying themselves. Then my husband said, “Steven Tyler just drove by.” My sister just about got whiplash as she jerked her head around to look out the window. At that point the surrey bike was well beyond us, so she had to take my husband’s word that it was indeed Steven Tyler from Aerosmith.

I should note that my husband is a diehard Aerosmith fan, so if he said Steven Tyler had just driven by, you could take his word as gospel. What I had forgotten, however, was that my sister was also a diehard Aerosmith fan. Well, she and my husband got very excited and jabbered nonstop about their favorite Aerosmith band member, their favorite Aerosmith song, their favorite Aerosmith concert, and so on. Since we were going to be spending the afternoon in the Disney Studios theme park, I just knew that the two of them were going to purchase some CD’s and such from the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster gift shop.

After a few minutes had elapsed, we saw Steven Tyler and his party drive by again. There were a few diners seated outside the restaurant on the patio, and they had noticed the celebrity in our midst, too. It was fun seeing everyone acting star struck (none more so than my husband and sister). I am sure the topic of everyone’s conversation turned from “What are we going to do this afternoon?” to “Wait until I tell the folks back home that Aerosmith was vacationing at WDW the same time as we were!”

We eventually finished our lunch and went outside to catch a Friendship boat heading to Disney Studios. Once we were seated on the boat, we saw Steven Tyler and his party drive by again. This time some teenaged boys yelled, “You rock!” at Steven and then they shoved their fists into the air. Steven tipped his baseball cap towards them and let out that famous toothy grin. It was cute to watch the exchange between rock star and teenagers.

At this point I could see who was with Steven. There was a young boy (perhaps a son), an older girl (perhaps a daughter), and Tom Hamilton. For those of you unfamiliar with Aerosmith, Tom is a major band member who plays bass guitar (and he also writes “News From the Road” articles and posts them on the official Aerosmith website – he’s quite an articulate guy).

When our Friendship boat arrived at the Disney Studios, we made a beeline for the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster ride. And when we exited the ride into the gift shop, my husband and sister did not disappoint me – they purchased a few Aerosmith items. It’s nice to know that some things remain constant in this world. You’re never too old to rock ‘n roll. And you’re never too old to spend a little money on things that you really don’t need but your heart desires anyway.

Had we not seen Steven and Tom that day, you can bet that we would have exited the gift shop without purchasing a thing. In my opinion, Disney owes a commission to those two rock stars. Maybe they should hire them to hang out at WDW more often. I know a few fans that would enjoy that very much.

PamOKW
07-26-2002, 08:05 PM
Folks coming home may have multiple celebrity sightings. ABC did their fall schedue press tour at MGM today. John Ritter, Drew Carey, Bonnie Hunt and the rest of the stars of their series were all there.

MLAinVA
07-26-2002, 08:29 PM
Last March (2002) we rode the monorail from GF to MK with professional golfers Phil Mickleson and Billy Mayfair and their families. We later rode Dumbo and the Tea Cups while they waited for their wives and kids. Phil's dimples really put the MAGIC in the Kingdom for me!!!!

callahanjulie10
07-26-2002, 08:56 PM
I have never seen a celebrity at WDW and we go 4 times a year! Oh well- sounds exciting!!!! I can live through these threads I guess!

ducklite
07-26-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Janet2k
At this point I could see who was with Steven. There was a young boy (perhaps a son), an older girl (perhaps a daughter), and Tom Hamilton. For those of you unfamiliar with Aerosmith, Tom is a major band member who plays bass guitar (and he also writes “News From the Road” articles and posts them on the official Aerosmith website – he’s quite an articulate guy

That would have been Steven's son Taj, he was born in the early 90's. Steven's wife Teresa is a blonde, Steven's three daughters are all brunettes.

And yes, Tom is a very articulate man and all around good guy :)

Anne

Nolcrest
07-26-2002, 10:41 PM
Just saw Michael Jackson at MK Sunday evening July 14. We were on the Peter Pan ride and Small World ride at the same time. My husband almost bumped into him, he was that close. When Michael was in his boat at Small World he looked up at my 12 year old daughter, smiled said hello and waved. It was pretty exciting for us.

Sabo
07-27-2002, 12:00 AM
July 2001: We saw Lee Corso from ESPN Gameday. He was at Stormalong Bay with family. He was doing a event at the ESPN Club.

duck_adoo
07-27-2002, 06:05 AM
I don't know if this counts...but last August DH spotted wrestler Scotty 2 Hardy (sp?)at MK. He was walking down the path the leads towards Frontier Land .
Duck

DianeS
07-27-2002, 09:56 AM
A few years ago we saw the guy who played Scotty on Star Trek. And we were also there when Princess Di and sons were there. Didn't see her though.

Trissy
07-27-2002, 10:11 AM
In May of 2000 I saw the OLSEN twins (Mary-Kate & Ashley) filming near the entrance of Epcot at closing time.

ducklite
07-27-2002, 10:31 AM
Last December we were at the RnR BC at PI and this guy was standing next to me. My DH says "do you know who that guy is" and I told him I didn't. He told me to look again--I still didn't know. He told me it was Drew Carey, I turned and looked, yes it was. He was with one of the other guys from Who's Line is it Anyway. BTW--Drew had lost a TON of weight and didn't have glasses on.

I'm so oblivious I could have the Pope standing next to me and I wouldn't realize it :o :o

Anne

Janet2k
11-05-2002, 10:22 AM
My daughter and I were dining at the Magic Kingdom’s Liberty Tree Tavern on Halloween evening. Seated two tables away from us were the Wiggles. As we were leaving the restaurant after dinner, my daughter stopped by their table and asked them if she could take a photo of them. A Disney Cast Member who was dining with the Wiggles asked my daughter if she would like to be in the photo too. Of course my daughter said yes. My daughter was placed at the head of the table and the Wiggles posed around her: click here for photo. (http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/janettwokay/vwp?.dir=/Walt+Disney+World/Miscellaneous&.dnm=The+Wiggles.jpg&.src=ph)

After the photo was taken, the Wiggles spoke to my daughter for a moment or two, and they were as nice as could be. It was a memorable experience for my daughter (and myself).

For those of you who don’t know who the Wiggles are, they are an Australian group (Sydney-based) of children's entertainers who sing and dance. My family has watched their show on the Disney Channel, and we have heard their songs played on Radio Disney. Here is the link to their website: click here for the Wiggles' official website. (http://www.thewiggles.com.au)

lizzie64
11-05-2002, 10:36 AM
Janet,

That is awesome. We love the Wiggles at our house. 24/7. Playhouse Disney and every time they've ever made.

We would love to see them.

AppleSister1
11-05-2002, 11:44 AM
In the mid-90's, we saw Regis Philbin and family while were having Christmas Eve dinner at Victoria and Albert's. They were at the next table. Very difficult not to stare!

Then, about two years ago, while we were staying at the Yacht and Beach Club for Christmas, we saw Gary Sinise and his family. CM told us the CP readers often stay at Yacht/Beach. We LOVE Gary Sinise so we were psyched! We were loading into Mears to go home and he was getting into a Disney van. My sister smiled and he was very gracious and waved to us all. He was with a woman and a couple of kids - I believe it was his sister and her children.

We're going back this Christmas - maybe we'll see him again!

:bounce:

sgtpet
11-05-2002, 12:10 PM
I saw the Wiggles this past Friday (11/1) at EPCOT. My son was excited to see them. I saw elsewhere that they were filming for the holiday special.

100%Disney
11-05-2002, 02:44 PM
We stayed at AkL this past July (2002) and Demi Moore, Bruce Willis, and Micheal Jackson were there at the same time. Sorry we didn't get to see them, it was just cool to know that we were staying at the same hotel with them.

MELSMICE
11-05-2002, 03:16 PM
A few years ago I was standing behind John Elway in the Harour House in the MK. He was getting chicken nuggets for his wife!!!

Last Dec. we were there when Regis & Kelly were filing LIVE but didn't get to see them.

Leaving this Fri. for Super Soaps Weekend. Maybe I'll run into someone famous!

montessori
11-05-2002, 03:37 PM
I saw this guy.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid38/pb51e99577b1f3c78de155edcbab05e95/fd13ccce.jpg

grovsnerguy12
11-05-2002, 04:55 PM
2 years ago my friends and I were at Pleasure Island and were just standing around having a few refreshing beverages whne Drew Carrey came in to the Rock n' Roll beach club.........he was really kewl and stayed a few hours in there just hagning out with us.........it was pretty kewl........he looks a lot different in person though.........no funny glasses.........shorter than I would have thought.........

Eddie

Yzma and Kronk
11-05-2002, 06:17 PM
Stepped on to the elevator at AKL in June and three gentlemen got on. My DS had on his guest of honor badge "Jack" One of the men started playing pirates with DS as he had on his Captain Hook attire, and he said "Our father's name was Jack" I looked up and it was David Cassidy! Shawn and Patrick Cassidy were also there.

Blondie
11-05-2002, 07:10 PM
Wow, this thread has been around for a very long time!

The only time I noticed a celeb I was unsure at first.

It was August, 1999. We were at Animal Kingdom. I saw who I thought was Joe Perry of Aerosmith with a little boy. I looked at him, I thought to myself, nah, can't be. But the more I looked at him, the more I was convinced that it was him! He has a very distinct look!

Now I wish I would've approached him and kindly asked for a photo.

Maybe next time! ;)

Bimmy56
11-07-2002, 12:20 PM
My daughter and I saw a taping of the Drew Carey show this summer, and he said that he had lasik (?) eye surgery and no longer wore glasses.

Dreamfinder2
11-07-2002, 04:04 PM
I'm glad someone resurrected this thread 'cause I'd never seen it! How fun is THIS?!

We saw Michael Eisner and Mark Hamill during the opening of Star Tours at the studios. I'm actually sort of surprised we've not seen others over the years.

We're staying at the AKL concierge during New Year's. Whaddya think the odds are of us having a "celebrity brush with greatness" then?

Kallison
11-07-2002, 04:37 PM
We were at the opening of Star Tours too. If it wasn't the exact day it was during that week. We saw Michael Eisner, Jim Henson & George Lucas. Never got to ride Star Tours, line was way too long. Didn't actually go on it until our next trip in 1998 with kids.

I just realized we saw Liz Smith last September. I didn't think about it until I read on Dreams Unlimited she wrote a column about going to WDW right after 9/11. Then I recalled saying to DH, that woman is a dead ringer for Liz Smith.

Wilma Flintstone
11-07-2002, 06:26 PM
Back in 1978, my brother and I were walking the beach at the Poly when we saw the group "Atlanta Rhythm Section." They were playing after-hours at Grad Night at the MK. My brother offered to take professional pictures of them if we could "get in" and they replied that even their girlfriends would not be allowed in!

In 1997, DH, DS and I were walking around by the little spa tubs in Stormalong Bay, when I spotted Brian Trottier (of the 4-time NY Islanders hockey team fame) with his small child. I decided to chat with him, since my brother (same guy in above story) is a professional hockey photographer and knew most of the Islanders personally. He was so pleasant and graciously accepted our congratulations on winning the Stanley Cup that year. He was a Pittsburg Penguin at the time.

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this interesting topic. I enjoyed each and every one, especially the picture of "this guy" (Michael Eisner), and of course, the story about Walt Disney.

Keep 'em comin', Wilma:wave: :wave: :wave:

TammiMcMan
11-07-2002, 07:35 PM
We were staying at the GF in Sugar Loaf during 4th of July 2000. All the local papers were talking about the Orlando Magic trying to sign Grant Hill. They had his picture everywhere. Well DD and I were waiting for the elevator to head back upstairs to our room. It arrived and we were the only 2 on board, as the doors were closing I noticed a man in a cast limping towards the elevator. Well I pushed the door open button and held it for him. All I was noticing was the cast and I remarked to him that it looked exactly like the one Grant Hill was wearing in all the newspaper pictures. He started to laugh and that's when I looked up and recognized him as the real Grant Hill. We saw each other a few times after that and he always had a smile for me.

Tammi

MsDisney23
11-07-2002, 08:14 PM
We saw Kitty Castellini in the Magic Kingdom, What a crowd!

jsginmd
11-08-2002, 11:16 AM
Although it technically wasn't a sighting AT WDW, we were at the airport HEADING for WDW.

We were waiting for our flight at the airport when my DW noticed a few people getting autographs from someone at the next waiting area over. She asked some lady who was frantically scrambling for paper for an autograph who it was. Apparently, it was one of the Baha Men ("Who let the dogs out", theme song for "Stanley's World" on Disney Channel). He was nice enough to give my DW an autograph too.

What we thought was funniest about it was we were all waiting for a Southwest airlines flight and weren't expecting to see any celebrities on a discount airline.

Pigsty333
11-13-2002, 01:44 PM
1998-99 we saw the Lawrence Brothers at the Boardwalk. They actually were playing some arcade games and played with my kids. They got a kick out of that.

2000-01 we were at the Hoop Dee Doo and noticed that all the front tables were taken up by a large group. We saw that it was George Lucas and his family. He wa very nice and signed a menu for my little ones. CMS told us that he takes his entire family and some employees down every xmas.

Very nice of him and great memories.

Janet2k
01-11-2003, 01:44 AM
For those of you recently back from WDW, did any of you run into any of the narrators from the Candlelight Processional during your resort stay?

*123JOANNA123*
01-11-2003, 05:39 AM
We were in the GF sugar loaf in September and I saw Celine Dion, her nanny and baby in the lounge.

mom2of2
01-11-2003, 10:50 AM
I never saw this thread before either!!!! WOW! I'd just loose my cool, get all shaky and probably beg my DH to do SOMETHING!!!!
I never even thought of the possibility of even seeing a celebrity there. I have met outside of WDW:
Richard Simmons-(he was my boss's college roommate)
Ann Miller (got her auto on a $bill)
Rod Stewart

Dbaker
01-11-2003, 11:04 AM
We were there Thanksgiving week. We saw Edward James Olmos checking into the Grand Floridian. I happened to have my video camera with me and got some of him.

CPM
01-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Merideth Viera was at Jiko on Dec. 30th and Pat Sajak was at AKL with his family on Dec. 29th.He was wearing a members only jacket & white shiny shoes, we decided he was the last member! LOL

CPM
01-11-2003, 11:12 AM
Oh and Todd English (for those of you from Boston) was checking into the Swan Jan. 2nd as we were checking out.

Tinkerbell2
01-11-2003, 11:43 AM
OK...Im sorry but LMBO...."We decided he was the last member!" Too funny!

pbandjotter
01-11-2003, 11:28 PM
Darren McCarty of the Red Wings. About 3 years ago at Chef Mickeys it was his son's birthday. We ended up at a table right next to him. As an advid fan I sat there and couldn't speak.

Nlihte
01-15-2003, 10:35 PM
We saw Tim Allen, Tommy Smuthers, the person who plays Sulu on Star Trek, and Regis and Kelly were doing their show, all last year at Disneyland. Never seen a celebrity in WDW.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

CPM
01-16-2003, 12:12 AM
okay, are we going back in time too?
I sat next to Dick Clark at narcusises.
I stood next to Frank Gifford at ESPN, didn't know who he was though. Even talked to him.
Melanie Griffith & Don Johnson when they were married, had the suite next to us at the BC.
I was in the elevator with Bob Hope & his wife at the YC (I don't think he was quite there though).
saw Elen at MGM in that bookstore when it first opened, I don't think it's a bookstore any more.
Lots of sports stars that I don't remember the names of but my husband got very excited about.
Saw Kathy Lee and family a couple of times at the GF.

#1MMFan
01-16-2003, 04:51 AM
I have never seen a celebrity either at WDW or Disneyland CA. How unlucky do I feel at the moment!? But then again, a lot of the people seen are specifically American celebs, and not necessarily ones we'd know in the UK so I might have spoken to people who were without ever knowing it. Don't you think that must be very refreshing and bring some of them back to earth to speak to people who don't know them from Adam!

John :D

Kimickey
01-16-2003, 02:38 PM
Last August while picking up DD and DN from the Wonderland Tea at the GF, we met Kobe Bryant and his wife. They both were really nice. Earlier in the week while doing the MK family tour we got the chance to meet Robert Horry at the castle by the water well. We were like wow to Los Angeles Laker team players in one week. It's ironic because we ran into other NBA player from the Miami Heat at the Coronado Springs waiting for the AK bus (only DH and BIL knew who he was). Then once we got to AK while waiting for the next "It's a Bug's life" show to begin, we ran into a couple a comedian from BET's Comic View. I guess if you want to meet celeb's visit WDW during the second week of August. I can't wait to see who come upon this August :smooth:

disnygrl00
01-16-2003, 02:46 PM
I saw Paul James from Gardening by the Yard on HGTV sitting in the rocking chairs on the porch of the Beach Club with his family during the flower and garden festival this year.

wdwnut61
01-16-2003, 02:51 PM
We had our first celebrity sighting on Dec. 30th. We were in the MK having dinner at the LTT and Joey Fatone of N'SYNC and "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". He came in with his brother and other family members. He was carrying a little girl, not sure if she was his daughter. When they seated us, our table was right beside there's and my DD(15) almost fainted:D

He was very friendly and smiled at her several times, which made her day. I was glad to see no one bothered them while they were enjoying their dinner.

jmkst58
01-16-2003, 03:19 PM
My DH swears that he saw Steven Tyler from Aerosmith in a bathroom at Epcot. No one believes him...of course. I think it was the year that the castle was a birthday cake or the year after. He just keeps saying, "Who else would have been wearing a leather jacket at WDW?" LOL

jwill
01-16-2003, 08:14 PM
When I was at Mgm Studios in July 2000 I am pretty sure I saw Rob Zombie. He along with a woman and a disney employee with headset came out from a backstage area near the exit of Rock n' Rollercoaster. I can't remember where they went after that.

DJBounce
01-17-2003, 09:38 AM
In March of '98 my DW and I went to the ESPN Club for some wings. After awhile I went into the bathroom and bumped into a shorter stocky guy heading out. After I was done, and walked out, there this same guy was signing autographs. I stopped to get a look at his face, it was Jeff Bagwell, first basemen for the Houston Astros.

Brando 90210
01-17-2003, 01:33 PM
Yep thats right I saw Britney Spears at the Grand Floridian pool. All I can say is wow I wish I had a camara. But the memory of her in that bikini will be lodged in my head forever. Are any of you jealous.

suzanneb
01-17-2003, 02:12 PM
on the Wonder in May 2002. What a NICE NICE person. We were both sitting in the audience waiting for the Hercules show. I recognized her, and she was ok with my recognition..."Hello, how are you." she said. I then told her how much I appreciated her work, especially her role in Hairspray (from the 80's, when she was but a teenager). She was a delight to talk to!

Metallicat
01-17-2003, 02:48 PM
I've never seen anyone famous at wdw but at the airport I talked to Tom Jarrell fron 20/20 also talked to (airport) Mike Love and the Beachboys and over at Universal I saw Scott Stapp from Creed standing beside me looking at shirts. also saw (universal) Coolio, and the dark haired girl from ABBA (annie?) and took her pic with my daughter. she was at nickeloeon that day. Hulk Hogan was eating in a restaurant (Monster Cafe at Universal) in a booth behind us. Linda 12 days until WDW!

KristaTX
01-17-2003, 05:22 PM
I think I have a new respect for Hulk Hogan. It sounds like he really likes Walt Disney World, too. I haven't ever seen anyone famous, but I wouldn't try to get an autograph anyway. Unless it was David Bowie - I would have to get my picture with him.

Rock'n Robin
01-18-2003, 10:27 AM
I think what we need is a "near miss" club--we were there the first weekend of December when all the people were there to tape the MK parade, but saw no one! DD#1 found out Lizzie Maguire and Jump5 were in the "world" when we were and she couldn't believe it! We also missed Michael Jackson's MK appearance by hours last July. And still the most famous person I've spotted is Harry Smith!
But this last time we DID see Cris Collinsworth at the Cincinnati airport. He is a tall guy!!
Robin M.
Poly 6/2000
BWV 6/2001
Poly 12/2001
BWV/Poly/VWL 7/2002
Dolphin 12/2002

Brando 90210
01-19-2003, 04:15 PM
I have also seen Bob Saget from Full house , Huey Lewis, Axel Rose, Gary Coleman,Mr T ,Jordan and Jon Knight from the New Kids ,plus I did some hanging and banging( Working out) with the Hulkster! ( That what the Hulk likes to call working out). If your wondering how the heck I have seen all of these celebs well the reason is that I spend alot of the time when I am at WDW sitting pool side getting a good tan around the Grand Floridian's pool. This is where you see most of the celebs during the day.

Brando 90210
01-19-2003, 08:00 PM
I still can't belive that I saw Bob Saget he is my hero !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jgates
01-19-2003, 08:45 PM
Brando - didn't they used to film the TV show Hulk was on at the Grand Floridian and in Disney? Seems like the fancy motel scenes were on the GF beach.

I still remember the one about the "its a small world song" - That was SOOO funny. The song was driving them nuts.

msdisney53
01-19-2003, 09:09 PM
While staying at the BC for Xmas 1996 my son ran into the Lawrence brothers, they hung out in the arcade for a little bit. During Xmas 2000 while exiting "Its a bug's life" my friend taps me and there's Drew carey being escorted out by a CM. I smiled he smiled back.

Tess
01-20-2003, 08:08 AM
Actually, that's not completely accurate--the only celeb we've seen "up close and personal" was Hulk Hogan--also at GF around the pool. It was when he still had that tv show which they did film in and around WDW. We didn't approach him and felt very badly for his family. The poor guy was being inundated with autograph requests and all he was trying to do was play in the pool with his kids. Such is fame I guess. . .

Pete's Mom
02-25-2003, 01:16 PM
:teeth:

Lisa Gies
02-25-2003, 01:40 PM
We had lunch with *Cher* at the Rain Forest Cafe in the Animal Kingdom in 1999. She is such a sweet lady and so nice to children.
Lisa

MOQ3424
02-25-2003, 03:23 PM
I went to WDW two years ago and when we were at MK we saw Patrick Ewing, he was waiting in line for buzz light year!!!:smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

gonga
02-25-2003, 03:46 PM
I never notice anyone, ever. I guess I'm a celeb's dream because I just walk right by them. I know I must have past by someone at sometime in WDW but never noticed. I used to work in the Hamptons in a very upscale luxury store. I would talk to clients as they came in, after the conversation, people I worked with would say, do you know who that was???? Honestly, people look so different in real life without make up and hair and dressed down. I did meet without my knowing it - Peter Boyle, Donna Karan, Michael Eisner, tons of Soap Stars, Stephen Speilberg, P. Diddy to name a few, artists and musicians and famous wealthy people (who are just famous by being wealthy!) but I did not know until someone else told me who they were. I would go to their homes to drop things off and you would drive thru woods and a long driveway and all of a sudden you would see this huge mansion! I think they were kind of relaxed feeling incognito - as I never mentioned anything to them cause I really did not recognize them. It's funny though I would see their pictures in Vanity Fair and say - Oh that's who that was!
I did see Ozzie and Sharon Osbourne in Saks 5th Ave in Nov/Dec (?). I did however, recognize them! (but I would never say anything to them).

Divamomto3
02-25-2003, 06:22 PM
I can't wait to get there! I hope to remember to look for celebs. I'm just excited to see Mickey Mouse!:Pinkbounc

Janet2k
05-15-2003, 01:48 AM
I stayed in the Animal Kingdom Lodge during the resort's Opening Week in 2001. When I walked into the Kilimanjaro Club, I noticed a gentleman sitting at one of the tables. He was working on his laptop and simultaneously talking on a wireless headset. For some reason, this busy man looked vaguely familiar. And then I placed his face. I asked one of the concierge Cast Members if that was Pete Werner from the Dis (http://www.wdwinfo.com/disteam/webmasterpete.htm) . "Yes," was the reply. I was told that Pete was staying at the resort. I got a big kick out of that. I didn't have the nerve to interrupt Pete as he busily spoke into his headset, but I did leave a phone message for him that evening, thanking him for the Dis website. Pete, if you're out there, I still want to say, "Thank you for keeping the Dis alive." Signed, one of your biggest fans.

Took
05-15-2003, 03:39 AM
Ok, my celebrity sightings:

Susan Lucci and another actor (at least, he looked like one---sort of "star-like". She was just arriving at MGM, I think for a super soap weekend. Anyway, she and the other actor and two CM's were over near Star Tours. No one else was around except us (early on a Saturday, I think). My dh said "Isn't that Susan Lucci!?" and she turned around. He snapped a picture and we went on. We've laughed about that ever since. BTW, she is soooo tiny and looked utterly lovely.

We also saw Alfre Woodard in EPCOT on an ECV. She was alone. She had sunglasses and a hat on and I wouldn't have recognized her but I had seen her narrate the CP the night before. No one seemed to notice it was her and she seemed to be having a nice, quiet time, so I didn't say anything. Still, it was exciting.

lmhall2000
05-15-2003, 07:59 AM
I must have been there the same time as the other poster, their daughter was covered up and being pushed in a stroller and they had about 3-4 hulky guys walking with them. I thought how tough it must be for that little girl to go to Disney with those beefy protectors- but they all looked like they were having fun and it was neat to see.
Tara

Minniemomof4
05-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Im' not sure most would consider him a celebrity, but for those of you old enough to remember Watergate...we had dinner next to Bob Woodward (Woodward&Bernstien) at the GF a few years ago. My husband was thrilled!

Pete's Mom
05-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Pete and I saw Marie Osmond at a doll show that they were having in EPCOT back in Demcember 2001. I overhead two Disney security guards talking about how they had crushes on her when the Donny & Marie show was on and how she still looked beautiful after all these years. :teeth:

tonilea
07-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Oct 2000 we saw Hulk Hogan, coming up an exit, but we didn't realize who it was until they were past us.

CdnDisneyFan
07-29-2003, 10:34 PM
I don't have anything to add, but am just bumping this up.

Jules

cindala
07-30-2003, 09:22 AM
We stayed at the YC the week of July 4th this year, and Daryl Strawberry, his wife and three kids were staying at the BC. My DD asked for a picture with him, and he kindly obliged. DD was even playing basketball with his son in the arcade.

His wife stayed poolside with his two daughters. He was very friendly, and tried to stay out of the limelight.;)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Gette88
07-30-2003, 01:24 PM
We saw June Allison at MGM the month the park opened. Last Aug. we saw Ahmad Rashad at Universal's City Walk.

>>^..^<<
07-30-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Gette88
We saw June Allison at MGM the month the park opened. Last Aug. we saw Ahmad Rashad at Universal's City Walk.

Wow - I must be getting old or I need to watch more TV or read some magazines...

I have no idea who these people are :(

>>^..^<<

helenm29
07-30-2003, 02:42 PM
Yup, in 2000 while we strolling down main street....I "bumped" into John Lithgow while he was shooting a commercial. I don't know HOW I managed to bungle into him though. He was very polite and friendly, especially since he was in the middle of shooting!

MamaQuack
07-30-2003, 04:51 PM
My ds and I were waiting for a taxi at YC one evening when out comes Mariah Carey and her entourage!!!!! The got in a mini van - not a limo and off they went. She said nothing but had that "diva strut".

Mad4Mickey
07-30-2003, 08:04 PM
While I was in the MK last year I saw a wrestler named Mick Foley . I was not sure it was him at first because he didnt have a sock on his hand , or that Silence of the Lambs mask ! I dont watch wrestling but but my teenage son loves it so I have seen it while walking through my living room . He was sitting on a bench holding his sleeping baby . We were polite and waited till his wife and older kids were loaded on the ride , and then got his autograph . Later when we were waiting for the WWTBAM to start I overheard the people next to us saying what a jerk he had been . I asked what happen and they said he refused to sign autographs. We heard this all over the park and the only thing I could figure was that people were asking while he was doing things with his kids.
I cant blame him if that was the case.

Wishing everyone a tagged night!

Jasminesmommy
07-31-2003, 12:28 AM
I met Pen & teller at epcot in 1995. I had no clue who they where and asked them who they were and what they where doing. They where actually filming a tv special. It was funny because I thought the mute one was so rude for not answering me and the one that talked told me he was mute.

swilphil
07-31-2003, 02:47 PM
Cruise List Mistress--I don't think the problem is you're too old, it may be that you're too YOUNG. June Allison is an old movie star from the '50s, I believe. Ahmad Rashad is/was a sports caster. If you're not into sports, he was married to Phylisha Allen. She played Bill Cosby's wife Clare Huxtable on the old Cosby Show from the '80s.

Jeri Lynn
07-31-2003, 03:30 PM
Last year on the anniversary of 9/11, we were in Epcot and saw John Stamos and his wife Rebecca Rjomin Stamos. They were being escorted around by a Disney person. They sat and had a bite to eat outside the American Adventure building, nobody approached them and they took a video of the entire ceremony.

MaddieinWonderland
07-31-2003, 06:29 PM
Does Dean Kamen, most famous as the inventor of the Segway HT, count?

If he counts, then I've run into him in 2000, 2001, and 2002 in WDW. 2001 here at home. 2002 at his house. 2003 here at home again.

He's run me over with his Segway twice. :)

WebTink
07-31-2003, 06:34 PM
In 1997 we sat on a bench in Fantasyland with Pittsburgh Steeler Dermontti Dawson--my husband was thrilled! And, as we were checking in for our flight out of Orlando, Shaquille O'Neal came through the lobby. My kids were too shy to go up and ask for an autograph even though he was giving some. He definitely makes an impression, even from a distance.

We're going to the Poly in three days. I will put on my celeb siting goggles and let you know what we see! :p

nancyL
07-31-2003, 07:44 PM
I saw Bobby Flay of Food Network fame at the Food and Wine Festival in Epcot- he was in a chef's outfit but was just walking around w/ a glass of wine in his hand. Definately just looking about- very cool...
That same week the Wiggles were in Fantasyland while we were in Tomorrowland and they headed over to Adventureland while we were on Main St watching the parade (we found this out from a family on the monorail who had "logged" what they did all day by following them around!). We never got to see them ourselves tho.
I would have LOVED to see the Wiggles- that captian feathersword was reportedly not wearing his eye patch!!
NancyL

franw
07-31-2003, 09:13 PM
I was coming out of the BWI one beautiful evening and almost got run over by someone who looked awfully familiar. He apologized and then sprinted for the door. My son asked me if I knew who it was that ran into me and I said sure, it was Mick Jagger from Aerospace. My son laughed and quickly informed me it was Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. I haven't kept up with anyone since Neil Diamond, I guess.

BONZO
09-03-2003, 04:38 AM
For any Brits looking - we saw Jonathan Ross and his family sheltering neat BTMR and on splash.

wendy sanford
09-03-2003, 08:01 AM
My wife and i were down in May of 2003 at downtown Disney and we were getting ready to leave and we were sitting on the bench waiting for our bus, and a man walked by and we both looked at each other and said, Was that Donny Osmond , I said no it cant be it was probably somebody who looks like him. MY said she was sure so we walked by him sure enough it was I approached him sat down with him and talked to him he was with his son they were both very nice and we hope to see more celebrities when we go back down Sept 12 2003

johnsonet
09-03-2003, 08:11 AM
At the GF in 1999 I saw Paul Stanley ( of KISS) walking into Sugar Loaf as I was walking out - he was with a woman and a child.
In 2001 I saw John Travolta and Kelly Preston with their kids and someone who was obviously his brother or stand-in b/c they looked so much alike. Saw his son Jett in the old pool and saw JohnTravolta at Gasparilla Grill wearing a baseball cap that said "707". Pretty cool...

eeyore0062
09-03-2003, 08:35 AM
I spoke with Frank Dicoupoulous who plays Frank Cooper on Guiding Light at Downtown Disney last week. His daughter came up and asked me where she could get a Caramel Apple, and he came up to say that she needed to eat her lunch first. He is very handsome in person, and very nice. He seems to be alot like his character on the soap. He and his family served as Grand Marshalls for the Make a Wish Come True Parade at the MK last Wednesday (same day I spoke with him).

lap1031
09-03-2003, 10:41 AM
We also saw Frank Dicoupolous a couple weeks ago in the MK parade. We were at the end of the route, so when it was over my mother went over to him and took a picture, he was very nice!

Muffy
09-03-2003, 10:57 AM
Eddie Murphy was at AKL n the Presidental Suite with his family last week. He was seen a few times!

stitch79
09-03-2003, 11:02 AM
We spotted Drew Carey at the UK in Epcot once when we were there. He was in a big crowd watching the performers.

tnkrbell
09-03-2003, 01:30 PM
We just got back and LL cool Jay was staying at the Yacht club, I saw him leaving the gym! Also Destinys child was staying there. My hubby saw them infront of the hotel waiting for a ride.
I was not familiar with this guy but Tom Joyner was staying next door to us in the admirals suite.

Robbie Fowler
09-03-2003, 01:49 PM
For those from the UK, we saw James Alexandrou who plays Martin Fowler in Eastenders on the bus from AKL to AK a couple of weeks ago

melindaandrob
09-03-2003, 02:09 PM
I have to say, I wouldn't clue in to a celebrity if they walked up, hit me over the head and told me who they were. :o

DumboFan
09-03-2003, 05:23 PM
We saw Kobe Bryant & entourage last summer at MGM.

Our most exciting sighting (for DH) was on the plane home in February. About 1/2 the cast of Smuckers Stars on Ice was on the same plane. Hubby was thrilled to see Katarina Witt (I know, what man wouldn't be, right) :smooth: We were delayed for a few hours so we had a chance to talk to some of them in the airport. DD knew who they were, but, at age 5, didn't get that they are celebrities!

Luv2Dream
09-03-2003, 05:58 PM
In July 2003 at the Magic Kingdom, we saw this huge crowd and people running ....when we looked it was Shaquille O'Neil and children, I think. It was awfully hard to tell who he was with because there were so many people around him. I actually felt bad for him because he couldn't even walk forward the crowd was so huge. I then saw a Disney CM heading in that direction. Probably for protection!

CdnDisneyFan
09-05-2003, 07:17 PM
It's not WDW, but I was in the same elevator as Henry Winkler (The Fonz) at a hotel in Toronto, and I didn't realize who he was, he just looked familiar. Asked an employee, and she confirmed it. That was way cool!!

Jules

madduck
09-06-2003, 05:52 PM
Thanksgiving 2002 we saw Michael Jackson shopping at the World of Disney. A few days earlier we had seen a Michael Jackson impersonator over at Citywalk so at first we didnt think it was him. A crowd soon mobbed him in the villians room, but he was very nice. He was trying to shop with his family but he took alot of pictures with people (my son included) and he also signed autographs(he signed our family picture that we had just gotten with Santa Claus). It was a very memorable experience.

TDC Nala
09-07-2003, 12:48 AM
Bruce Jenner and Mickey Rooney (not together) at Boma during the Walt's Birthday festivities, December 2001.

bugbugmom
09-07-2003, 08:32 AM
I was talking to one of the CM at Haunted Mansion. She said the last week of August 2003 that Eddie Murphy and his family were at the Haunted Mansion..she said that they were promoting the upcoming movie.

>>^..^<<
09-07-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by bugbugmom
I was talking to one of the CM at Haunted Mansion. She said the last week of August 2003 that Eddie Murphy and his family were at the Haunted Mansion..she said that they were promoting the upcoming movie.

Eddie and his family were staying at AKL... we saw the extended family being escorted up to the suite... big family.. they must have had cousins along.. I don't think he has that many kids?

They had a section of pool chairs reserved for them and a watchful CM... lots of kids and teens and a couple of older women (maybe mom or grandma?) but no Eddie :(

>>^..^<<

merrywether
09-07-2003, 07:16 PM
This was about 10 yrs ago, but I saw Sinbad (the comedian) coming off the elevator at the Beach Club with his two kids.

luvmy2prncss
10-13-2003, 09:24 PM
First week of December 2001 I saw Mark Consuelos (Kelly Ripa's husband, Matteo on All My Children) w/ kids and parent's in MK.

samlab25
10-13-2003, 10:49 PM
We just saw Wayne Brady two weeks ago at Epcot - World Showcase. It was pretty cool.

tinkerbela
10-13-2003, 10:57 PM
i really love this thread. it's great reading all the neat stories about who people met or saw while at wdw.
i met many famous celebrities at wdw during my past two trips. i met mickey, minnie, goofy, donald, daisy, cinderella, ariel, princess jasmine, princess aurora, belle and the beast, mary poppins and bert, the list goes on and on.:tongue:

i'm not jerking anybody's chains here or trying to poke fun, but hey aren't these guys celebrities, too? :sunny:

mcsmiley59
11-02-2003, 03:23 PM
In 2000, we saw Rick Nielson (Cheap Trick). We were going by the Magnatron and I looked up and he was just there with his family shopping. We didnt bother though because its rude.

My kids went to a movie with R. Kelly whoever that is. Oh and of course John Charles