PDA

View Full Version : Notes and rumors from trip 2 weeks ago

ChrisFL
10-11-2003, 07:58 PM
Just a quick background. I've been going to Disney all my life, my father helped to open Epcot in 1982, and I've spent a lot of time there over the years.

My parents wanted to go back, since it's been a few years and I decided to go with them, to see Mission: Space and other things.

Single day (I have a friend who works at the Poly who got us in)went to MK and Epcot, I wanted to go to MGM also, but i was raining most of the day, and I hate riding those buses there.

Went on Buzz for the first time, guns are hard to use and my thumb was sore by the end. Also, the equipment didn't seemed to be maintained really well. But it was a fun ride and you don't see those colors or lighting effects every day.

We also were some of the first people to see Philharmagic, and it was very good. There are some surprise things that happen, and its a good thing for MK.

We went back to Epcot and I rode M:S, lots of g-forces and cgi graphics with controls you don't really have to use. It is a short ride, obviously since they want to minimize guest problems, but the story wasn't exciting, the controls should at least affect the mission somehow, like give you a score or something. I only saw one person getting sick in a trash can, which they have, large ones, right outside the exits

If it wasn't for the centrifuge, it would be a 2nd rate arcade-y attraction IMO.

Test Track I've been on before, but it's still pretty cool. It looks like they removed the part where the crash test happens to another car, and showed a smashed car instead right before that.

Went to the Coke display and once again had the best soda on earth in our opinion...Smart Watermelon. 15 cups I drank (They're small cups). I asked if they sold it in the China area of the park, and got a stern "no" from the person at the exhibit, "Only in China". Ok, whatever (time to sneak some 2 liter bottles in there ;) )

Then we went to the Land for some food, I found the "facilities" and people are right about the T.P. it is BAD, 1 mm thick I believe...talk about cutbacks.

We also witnessed a boat problem on Listen to the Land, they got stuck and a janitor walked up to us and said it happens constantly. He went on to say he's worked there for about 1 1/2 years and that he's seen the quality go down.

He told us about the balloons they have hanging from the ceiling, they used to have 3 and they moved up and down, but the state or county inspectors came in and shut that down since they were never maintaned and were a safety hazard. That's when Disney added 2 more balloons to make it look better, he said.

Overall not an incredible trip, but fun nonetheless, I want to back maybe early next year and do some more stuff.

Planogirl
10-11-2003, 11:09 PM
I've heard a lot of people comment that the crash test portion of Test Track was broken but I wondered if it was just simply removed. It sounds like both more than likely. :)

What did your parents think of Epcot?

ChrisFL
10-12-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Planogirl
What did your parents think of Epcot?

Well, glad you brought that up since I nearly forgot to mention we rode the re-"improved" Imagination ride.

We had rode on the replaced one and hated it, and I'm happy to say the re-do with Figment is MUCH MUCH better!!

Other than that, nothing incredibly new to report, I still miss my old favorite attractions there that have closed...horizons especially

SAKPEG99OKW
10-17-2003, 09:46 AM
I have not seen the crash portion of the ride function in about two years. But they did change the car from a saturn sadan to the new saturn suv.

HurricaneWarning
10-18-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by ChrisFL
Went to the Coke display and once again had the best soda on earth in our opinion...Smart Watermelon. 15 cups I drank (They're small cups). I asked if they sold it in the China area of the park, and got a stern "no" from the person at the exhibit, "Only in China". Ok, whatever (time to sneak some 2 liter bottles in there ;) )

where is this at?

ChrisFL
10-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by HurricaneWarning
where is this at?

It's in Epcot, on the right side Innoventions (Communicore) Building just past the big fountain. You really can't miss it.