PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a George Forman grill?

FergieTCat
06-08-2001, 10:38 AM
Do you like it? I just bought one on sale at Amazon.com, and I'm hoping I didn't waste my money. I figure, at the very least, I can make hamburgers and boneless chicken cutlets.

Any secrets I should know?

Donna

pumba
06-08-2001, 12:01 PM
machine is shut off......put wet paper towels inbetween to keep interior moist for easier cleaning........I love the chicken marinating......hot dogs......veggies are scrumpious....sliced mushrooms......sliced potatoes............try anything.....

FergieTCat
06-08-2001, 01:02 PM
Thanks Pumba!!! :D

Donna

RweTHEREyet
06-08-2001, 01:03 PM
Yes, I love mine, especially after the wet paper towel clean up tip. It sure makes it a lot easier.

Wish someone would share their favorite things to fix and how they are fixed on the George Foreman grill.

krazyboutWDW
06-08-2001, 04:06 PM
Love mine!! My kids love grilled chicken breast. We eat them whole (with side dishes) or cut them up and put in a salad.

My boys like hamburgers and are able to make their own. We often grill sausage (with a little bit of bar-b-que
sauce) to make sausage poorboys.

Have also grilled shrimp (for a salad). Vegetables (onions, potatoes, etc...) do very well also!!

I spray a little bit of Pam to make it easier to clean. I love the wet paper towel tip!

Margie J
06-08-2001, 05:03 PM
I got mine as a gift and it's the best appliance I have in the kitchen. Stuff cooks fast and I don't set off the smoke alarm anymore when I broil things.

I've cooked chicken, burgers, steaks, veggies, etc. in it so far. Tonight I'm trying sausages in it.

I'll have to try the paper towel idea.

chessie
06-10-2001, 03:50 PM
I love mine too. The only problem is that the finish is beginning to bubble. The same thing is happening to my motherís.

When I had my family home I was considered a great cook but now that I am single I have turned into a klutz in the kitchen. My George Forman has brought my cooking back to eatable again.

wdisneyaholic
06-15-2001, 10:44 PM
Cooking bacon on the Forman grill is extremly easy and is a lot less greasy. It never occured to me until I saw them grilling it on QVC and I said I have to try that. It was some of the best tasting bacon I have ever had.

FergieTCat
06-22-2001, 04:12 PM
Thanks everyone!!

My grill arrived and I can't wait to experiment this weekend. I think I'm going to even try grilling shrimp (drool!!). My supermarket sells pre-packaged shiskabob fixings and I'm going to try that too.

Donna