PDA

View Full Version : 10/02/04 Antigua Cruise

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

papa
10-04-2003, 02:30 PM
We will be booking this cruise on our Cruisetoberfest II on 10/11/2003. Never too early to start a thread about our next one. Mike

RellingTwin
10-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Yes! We will be there! We will also book while on board next week.

Twinave
10-04-2003, 04:18 PM
I can't believe you guys, (ya'll) But then again I can!:p
Wish we were going with you.
So glad you started this thread Mike!:jester: Now I have a place to visit.
Twinave

Sarah'sMomfrom PA
10-04-2003, 08:49 PM
How we would love to join y'all however, school prevents us from scheduling the cruise that week...the 10/11/03 cruise was great since we had Columbus Day off anyway so it was one less day of school missed. Looks like we might have to either do a Christmas (yikes the price!!) or summer cruise from now on. Assistant principal didn't even give dd a hard time but she is in the Honors program and it is hard to play catch-up on the assignments.

At least we will have a thread to check in on to dream!! Mary Jo

jeanniec
10-04-2003, 09:31 PM
We have already booked this cruise. Anxious to see Antigua -- we have never been there. Looking forward to our 3rd DCL cruise! It would be nice to know someone on board -- just my husband and I.

papa
10-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Mary Jo thank you for the cd. Wish that you could join us next year, but I understand completely.

Welcome aboard Jeanniec , this will be our 5th Disney cruise all without kids:hyper: We are cruising next week with a great group of cruisers, several of which we have cruised with 3 years in a row.

Catch you later and remember we have less than a year to go until Antigua. Mike

Miss Eeyore
10-05-2003, 01:14 AM
DCL is going to Antigua??? We were so psyched about the European cruise, and then it didn't fly. We use our DVC to cruise on, and it would be so nice to go somewhere different.

JanDave
10-05-2003, 06:07 AM
We booked the 9/18/04 Antigua cruise while we were on the Wonder this past July. Just love knowing I have $400 shipboard credit. We chose the September Antigua sailing because it falls during our 20th anniversary. Enjoy!

jeanniec
10-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the "Welcome Aboard", Mike. Yes , it is less than a year now. Time for a countdown? We are also DVC's since 1994. Hope to get together with you and other members of this board when we sail just about this time next year.

papa
10-05-2003, 04:15 PM
Looking forward to seeing Antigua as we have never been there before. Any day on the ship is better than a good day on land. Mike

Suecot2000
10-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Howdy:

I'm booked for the 10-02-04 Antigua cruise!

All excited, this time next year!

Booked onboard during August 9 cruise...$400 on board credit!

papa
10-07-2003, 10:48 PM
Suecot we leave day after tomorrow for our 10/11/2003 cruise. We will rebook onboard for Antigua. Mike

tkd lisa
10-08-2003, 06:09 AM
Looking forward to hearing what you found to do in Antigua. Us 12/18/04 10 day Christmas cruisers will appreciate the heads up for shore excursions! Have a great time!

WDWLVR
10-11-2003, 10:00 PM
I agree with Lisa - can't wait to see what the excursions are for Antiqua. We're sailing there in Dec. 2004 too!

Suecot2000
10-12-2003, 08:19 AM
Hey Mike!

I'm so jealous, first cruise after drydock. Can't wait to hear all about it. I have to wait until January 24 to see the drydock changes.

Antigua should be great! I'm very excited about that cruise. Glad to see some Disers are booked also.

Have a great time!
Sue

chatty
10-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Husband and I are also booked on the Oct. 2 04 Antique Cruise. Oct 1st. will be out 33rd. Anniversary. Plus this will be the first time of cruising for either of us. They gave us a funny room? It is at the back of the ship but they said it is quiet and the Veranda is much bigger than the reg. verandas? Is this so? I don't have any idea. I asked being at the back if she will be rocky but I was told that this room is Great and that it is not choppy in the back. So I am just going to have a Great Time and not worry about anything.
Chatty

papa
10-17-2003, 05:22 PM
Just a live update from the Magic. 11 families from the 10/11/2003 cruisetoberfest II have rebooked onbaord for the 10/02/2004 cruise. Mike

Hygiene99
10-17-2003, 05:29 PM
WE will be there ...................................

priced out xmas cruise but forget it.......

KMovies
10-17-2003, 05:50 PM
So will I - and it will be #10

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo pirate: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

RellingTwin
10-18-2003, 06:18 PM
We are booked for the 10/02/04! Looking forward to another fun year of getting to know everyone and planning this trip!
Chatty, the verahdas on the stern of the ship are MUCH bigger! Lucky you!!!

alikat99
10-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Me too, me too!! Just finished Cruisetoberfest II, and Chris, Emily and I (and the new baby) are booked for 10/02/04. Can't wait to get started with the planning!!

Viking
10-19-2003, 05:25 AM
Hi Folks,
we will call Disney next week and inquire of our voucher for a free cruise can be redeemed for 10/02/04 and as soon as we're booked I will start the new list.:wave2:

videoman
10-19-2003, 09:58 AM
Hello Eric.

So glad to hear you won a cruise... I was on the 10/11 cruise w/ you guys..Had a ball...

What;s this I hear about 10/2 cruise to Antigua??
What are the other ports of call

Might want to join you again

thanks

Tulirose
10-20-2003, 12:23 AM
Well, we had a blast with you guys on 10/11/03 (not to mention 9/22/02). Wishing we booked for 10/02/04 but, as you know, we booked for September 4, 2004. Looking for a thread on that cruise now.....

bettemom
10-20-2003, 07:17 AM
Yes !!!!

We booked also....In fact our whole table of 13 rebooked & will link our table together again.......What a GREAT group of friends......:p

bettemom
10-20-2003, 07:18 AM
Yes !!!!

We booked also....In fact our whole table of 13 rebooked & will link our table together again.......What a GREAT group of friends......:p

Hugs to all our dis friends.....

Kim & Bette

scootersmom
10-20-2003, 07:37 AM
We're booked on this cruise too!! Just got home from the 10/11 in the wee hours yesterday a.m. and what an incredible week it was!

Hey, Kim and Bettemom! What's for dinner tonight? :teeth:

Well, back to reality.... Talk later.

Colleen

minniesmom
10-20-2003, 10:34 AM
We were on the 10/11 Magic and rebooked for 10/2 while on board. With me will be my DH, DD, DD as well as my Dad, brother, neice and in-laws. We had a great time last week. Looking forward to getting to know everyone before next year.

Eric, I believe that I had the pleasure of "performing" with your wife during the 80's party!

Melanie

bettemom
10-20-2003, 10:44 AM
Colleen :wave:

Pasta,salad,garlic bread....com'on over !!!!!!

Kim & Bette

Disney Go Go Gal
10-20-2003, 02:15 PM
We are goin back!!! I cant wait! My family and I rebooked for the October 2, 2004 on the Magic! I can't wait to see Antigua! It's gonna be awesome and i don't think i will make it til then...i'm so excited! ::MinnieMo :Pinkbounc ::MickeyMo

Disney Go Go Gal
10-20-2003, 03:11 PM
Can someone please tell me how to put a countdown on my message when i post them?! thanks aimee ::MinnieMo :boat: ::MickeyMo

Miss Eeyore
10-20-2003, 04:44 PM
I'd love to know the answer to that question too...how do I post my own countdown clock?

Marilee (who is OVER THE MOON about the possibilities of TWO DCL trips in two months!)

Hygiene99
10-20-2003, 05:12 PM
Get the count down timer here....http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381216

going to put mine on now.....

Hygiene99
10-20-2003, 05:22 PM
I know i should test it on the tech board but what fun would that be....
PAPA r u sailing agian .... soon?????

RellingTwin
10-20-2003, 07:25 PM
It's so great to see past cruisers here as well as some new faces!
Hi Colleen! Hi Peter and Jenn! Hi Bette and Kim! Hi Eric!
Videoman, I'm sorry I never got to meet you and your family:( maybe next year?

I am starting my research on Antigua tonight. I will keep everyone posted on results. My family thinks they would like to do either a "Jeep type" tour or maybe an ATV tour.

padisneyfan
10-20-2003, 10:31 PM
Just back from the 10/11 cruise. We have to wait until 11/2 (11 month window) to book with DVC to get the points promotion through DVC.

I see that some of the cruisers who booked earlier got a $400 credit. Wasn't ours just $200 and the 10% discount if you were paying cash. Of couse, using DVC points no on board credit for us.

I saw a few of you at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. Norm and I really enjoyed that and the MNSSHP on Sunday night. We didn't see any of our fellow cruises on Sunday night.

Now need to save a little money for our 12/3-12/8 WDW trip. So back to work tomorrow. :(

Can we get over 7100 posts for this thread?

Nancy and Norm

taswira
10-21-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by padisneyfan
Norm and I really enjoyed that and the MNSSHP on Sunday night. We didn't see any of our fellow cruises on Sunday night.I was there but did not see you. We had PS at LTT for 7pm and took awhile getting seated so it was nearly 8:30 when we got out. I was with a friend - 36 year old pilot who was filling in for my nephew. I knew some Cruisetoberfesters would be there so kept an eye out, but didn't spot anyone.

Just wanted to say hi and you were great tablemates! :)

Shari

Drez
10-21-2003, 11:32 AM
Sign us up for the 10/2/04 cruise.
The wifey and myself are looking forward to Antigua and the other two weeks of our vacation then :)

padisneyfan
10-21-2003, 12:32 PM
First day back to work. :( :( :(

Shari--- We started over in Tomorrowland to try to get away from the crowd. Watched the 10pm parade by the Riverboat. With so many people in the park, at some areas it was very congested so very difficult to find anyone. We may have passed each other and didn't know it. It was fun. Keep us all posted on your other cruises.

Back to work.

Nancy

jeanneg
10-21-2003, 03:09 PM
DH and I will also be sailing on the 10/02/04 Magic, but I promised him I wouldn't post for this cruise! It will be our 4th time with DCL, but the first one we'll be doing without any of our kids and I think he was more looking forward to some private R&R.....a nice romantic (although somewhat belated) 30th anniversary celebration. He tends to be somewhat shy and I am the party animal. I most recently sailed on the 7/5/03 Magic where about 25 families posted before the cruise. About half of us showed up at the DIS meet and had a blast throughout the entire cruise. Five of those families have already signed on for the 8/07/04 sailing, myself included. With the exception of one person who had an emergency, we never did find out what happened to the other DISers that never showed up, so go figure....Anyhow, it sounds like many of you will also be sailing without kids, so I predict alot of LAP rotations and late seatings. It would be geat if we could find some tablemates through this thread. (Hubby is only shy meeting people, otherwise he's a lively conversant!!!)
I think someone mentioned something about starting a list......let me know when you want all the specifics.

RellingTwin
10-21-2003, 04:21 PM
Hi Jean. Disney GoGoGal, and Drez! Eric (Viking) will be starting a list in the near future. Keep checking this thread for information about the list.
Jean...too bad more DIS'ers did not show up for the meet. I think out of 43 families I managed to at least say hello to all but about 4or5. We had a wonderful time!Many folks "linked" their dinning together so they "knew" their tablemates ahead of time. Much better then taking your chances with the "unknown" tablemates!:earseek:

Nancy...I also went back to work today. The doctor who is the head of the OB/gyn dept. told us he wanted to talk to us at lunch time. He gave us each a nice gift ($25.00 gift certificate) and told us all what a great job we are doing!A nice way to start back to work!!::yes::

Shari...when is your next cruise?

Has anyone ever been to Antigua???

taswira
10-21-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by RellingTwin
Shari..when is your next cruise?My next already booked cruise is the 10/30/04 Magic for the eastern. I booked it when I was on my back-to-back Wonders, before <I>Cruisetoberfest II</I>. I will probably do some Wonder cruises between now and then if my schedule and budget allows.

Now that I've met several of you and seen what fine people you are :jester:, I am torn between the 10/30 (Halloween is my <I>favorite</I> time) and maybe switching to the 10/2, or to the 10/9 that some other <I>Cruisetoberfesters</I> have booked. I wish I could do it all!

Cheese Please
10-21-2003, 07:51 PM
Had to scrape ice off my windshield Monday morning.....wishing I was still on the Magic.

We had booked for the 10/2/04 prior to the Cruisetoberfest II cruise. We actually booked cruise a September cruise back on our January cruise and then switched it to 10/2 Antigua when that intinerary come out.

We had a GREAT time on Cruisetoberfest II. Enjoyed meeting the new DISers on that cruise as well as getting together with return cruisers from Cruisetoberfest I.

Dave & Ellen

Drez
10-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Oooooo...
Who wants to be friends and tablemates???
I don' t really like dining with strangers so much. It's allways very awkward those first couple of nights...

piglet33
10-22-2003, 01:01 PM
You can add us to the list too. We had such a great time on Cruisetoberfest II :boat: that we had to rebook. Can't wait to see everyone again especially ::MickeyMo and::MinnieMo.

Lenny, Renee and Haley

Viking
10-22-2003, 02:04 PM
Hi Folks,
reality has me back :eek: I'm drowning in work, I think I need a vacation :crazy:
I checked with my office: 10/02/04 is OK, we just assume that it is OK for Anja as well ;) and so tomorrow I'll fax my reservation request to DCL using my coupon for the free cruise. Please keep your fingers crossed that 10/02/04 is elegible for redeeming the voucher - And you'll get the most experience of all Listkeepers :jester:
Anja's gotta start working in an hour: She has to do two nightshifts :( As stated before: Welcome back to reality!!

Miss Y'all already

tigger24
10-22-2003, 02:23 PM
We were on the 9/28 cruise this year and rebooked. We had our godson and his parent with us, and they rebooked too. I also convinced my parents to come. AND our little girl with be on her 1st cruise, (that is of course it doesn't count that she was in my belly for this past cruise:D

Sounds like you guys know how to have fun. Looking forward to seeing everyone.!

Bernadette

Windermere
10-22-2003, 07:42 PM
Just posting to keep in touch with everyone. George's company has mandated a 1 week 3rd quarter vacation and 1 week 1st quarter vacation so our dream of a Magic back-to-back-to-back may have to be postponed due to lack of available paid time off. Who knows, I may be joinin you next year after all.

Windermere
10-22-2003, 07:44 PM
Tina,

Don't recall if you have posted here yet or not. Geore had suggested that maybe we could get together for dinner theater at that place in Columbia soon. Don'tr know if you're up for it or even if that place is any good or not. Will try to find time to email you in the next few days.

nancy

RellingTwin
10-22-2003, 09:18 PM
Eric...we have our collective fingers crossed! Let us know as some as you get a reply.

Nancy...we would love to have you join us!

Bernadette...welcome aboard! Careful! This cruising stuff is addictive::yes::

Drez...it might be a bit early to talk about tablemates!:p

My sister e-mailed me yesterday and they are also thinking of booking! She has to check with work first.

Renee and family...glad to have you with us again!

Dave and Ellen...did you buy the video from the girl on the Capt. Marvin's tour? I am waiting for mine. If you did not get it and would like to see it maybe I could lone it to you!

papa
10-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Good evening all. Just returned from four days at the parks after the cruise. We were riding in Art and Cathy's car Saturday morning after the cruise when he was rear ended by a British tourist going home. Everyone is OK, but the car is going to have to have a new rear bumper.

Parks were fantastic and we are looking forward to seeing everyone for our next cruise. I do need your prayers and pixie dust though, as my dad has had a slight stroke and is in the hospital for observation and treatment. I received this information while driving home through Chattanooga. Mike

Mr.Karaoke
10-22-2003, 11:54 PM
Arlene and I had a great time and we booked the Oct 2 04 date before we got off the ship. Having a great bunch of people made this trip for us.

So to all of you we look forward to seeing you all again.

Andy & Arlene

bettemom
10-23-2003, 06:00 AM
First of all ....Pixie Dust to you and your Dad Mike,along with prayers....

Secondly...welcome to all thoses 'new'folks joining us....

And,last of all.....Does anyone of "our" group have the paper from Donna that tells about the $200.00 credit & the 10 o/o off...Our TA needs a copy...so...if you could scan it & email it to me it would be great...

Thanks,
Bette

piglet33
10-23-2003, 06:13 AM
Hey Bette or Kim -

How did you make out with your TA about your "problem" on the ship? Hope everything worked out OK. I'm still waiting to hear from DU regarding my missing $50 shipboard credit (DCL only gave me $50 instead of $100).

alikat99
10-23-2003, 06:23 AM
Bette - I might have that sheet of paper about the credit and 10% off. I'll look through my stuff and see.

Renee - I know what you mean about sick little ones. Emily came down with a head cold, and now Chris and I have it too. The only bad part is that I can't really take anything for it. Oh well, I'll suffer through it.

Mary - I sure hope that your sister can rebook with us. It would be great to get her on board too.

scootersmom
10-23-2003, 09:04 AM
Good morning!

Well, the head colds must be making the rounds because Don and I both have it too. Trying not to give it to anyone else, especially Jen since she can't take much for it.

Lenny & Renee--- What a long drive, huh? Hope Haley is feeling better. We sure miss 'our' babies at dinner!

Bette--- I scanned the discount sheet and it's on its way. Is most everyone transferring their reservation to a TA? Is there an advantage to doing that and do you still get the discount and shipboard credit?

Amy-- Feel sorry for you with the cold. Hope it doesn't last too long.

Mary--- Sure would be nice if your sister decided to book too!

Andy & Arlene--- Didn't get to meet till in line waiting for the shuttles after the cruise, but glad to see you'll be with us again!

Mike--- Pixie dust and prayers to you and your dad. Keep us
posted. Sorry to hear about Art & Cathy's car too, but glad nobody was hurt.

Eric & Anja--- Crossing fingers that you can book for the 10/2/04!

Have a great day, all!
Colleen

bettemom
10-23-2003, 09:45 AM
Thanks Colleen...got it !! And thanks to all who helped...

Bette

bettemom
10-23-2003, 11:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

This is Kim ...

I have had about 15 e-mails with my travel agent since we returned over our "little Incident" on the cruise. She is a great travel agent and will not back down if she feels her client was treated unfairly. Yesterday she met with a high level Disney Travel exec and our problem was explained and our complaints were officially filed with the proper parties at Disney. The ball is now in their court to determine compensation.

Our agent does not know how long it will take to "correct" everything but patience is the key word right now. I will let you all know the outcome as soon as I hear.

PICTURES... I hope to have all the digital pictures posted to my WEB server by the end of the weekend. I again will let you know when they are out there.

Dinner companions from 10/11/03...

If everyone still wants to link dinners for the 10/2/04 cruise then e-mail me your reservation #'s and names of who is going and we will have them all linked together again.

Finally, it is not as much fun at dinner when I don't have Emily or Hayley to make faces at. I tried it with the cat and she turned around, showed me her backside and ignored me...

Time to get back to work..

Bye, Kim :wave: :wave:

padisneyfan
10-23-2003, 11:59 AM
Norm got the headcold on Sunday night, we had to stop for cold medication on our way to the airport on Monday morning. Now I have it. I had to teach a class all morning and I am miserable right now. :( Need to find some more drugs.

Andy and Arlene--- Welcome back. We now even have Andy posting.

Mike--- Your dad will be in my prayers. Hope he has a speedy recovery. Are Art and Cathy working their way back home still?

Nancy and George--- It would be so nice to have you join us this year.

Ave--- Has all of us asking your husband to let you sail again next year, broken him down to let you all go?

Kim--- I'm sure that eentually you will get fair compenstation from Disney. Maybe next year we will find you and Bette in a Cat 1 suite.

Eric and Anja--- Hope things will work out that you can cruise with us.

Welcome to all the new people. I'm sure as we get to know each other we will be able to find tablemates.

Have a great day everyone.

Nancy

piglet33
10-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by scootersmom

Bette--- I scanned the discount sheet and it's on its way. Is most everyone transferring their reservation to a TA? Is there an advantage to doing that and do you still get the discount and shipboard credit?

Have a great day, all!
Colleen

Hi Colleen - Guess the cold was going around the ship. All three of us have it.

When I rebooked, I asked if we would still get the 10% off and ship credit if I moved our ressie to a TA and was told yes. We could even change the date (not that we would want to!) and still get the 10% off and credit.

Take Care,

Renee'

piglet33
10-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Hey Guys,

Check out this thread: http://www.disboards.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=9

Go about 1/2 way down the page. Our 10/11/03 thread made the Top 5 List! Yippee!!!

Top 5 Threads with the most replies are:
1 - Parks Game Part Deux: Let's Play More! (Theme Parks Forum)
2 - ONE LINE THREADER's ANONYMOUS (Community Forum)
<font color=blue>3 - Cruise 10/11/2003 (Disney Cruise Line Forum)
<font color=black>4 - Disney Word Snake (Theme Parks Forum)
5 - You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY!! (Budget Forum)

papa
10-23-2003, 07:32 PM
Dad is doing better. Art and Cathy are working their way home.

Between Cathy, Kathy and myself we had over 900 pictures taken on the cruise and at the parks. I had to give Cathy a DVD of the pictures as they took up 2.3 gigabytes of space.

Looking forward to cruising with the bunch again in less than a year. I propose that we have the mid atlantic meet in DC in the spring when the cherry blossoms are in bloom.

Mike

papa
10-23-2003, 07:38 PM
Eric hope that you, Anja and the rest of the German contingent are able to cruise with us. There is nothing better than having the most experienced list master around. Mike

Miss Eeyore
10-23-2003, 08:47 PM
Seeing all these remarks about re-booking on board brings up a question. What is the process for re-booking? Do you have to have an exact date? Do you put down a deposit at the time? Is the deposit refundable? I was thinking of re-booking on our March cruise, but need to know how much info I'll need in order to re-book.

Thanks!

Marilee

Windermere
10-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Washington DC in the spring for cherry blossoms - put me on that list. That's something I'd love to see. We'll have to make sure it's on my weekend off.

papa
10-24-2003, 05:18 AM
Hope Cathy and Art got home ok. We kept hearing strange noises in the back after our little "run in" with the British family. :(

Art, that little chair is a hit with Katie and her mom and dad. She keeps lifting the padding to see what is under there. We have to sit her in it but she has a way of getting out of it by herself. She is so funny about the chair and she knows it is hers.

Mary Jo, thanks so much for the outfit for Katie. Stacey just fell in love with it. She is so glad that it is just a tad too big so that hopefully Katie will be able to wear it next year too. Also, thanks so much for the "Care packages" from the ship and elsewhere. I love that syrup! The wine and cheese were fantastic! Just wish we had thought of doing the same for you both. Even if you and Sam and Sarah are not going next year with us, if you are able to come to Washington DC for the Cherry Blossoms, please do. We had so much fun with you all. Just wish we could have been together more on the boat.

This is my first night back at work. :rolleyes: What happens? I get pulled to the Pediatriac floor. Just because they need an RN. They pulled the LPN who normaly works here to my spot in the NICU and pulled me here. Neither one of us is happy with the situation. I don't know the paper work here and she doesn't know it in the nursery. To top it off, she has done Charge here more than once. Oh well, at least I have to work only one more night then I am off the weekend and can catch up on my other job. :eek: I am so far behind, I feel I'll never catch up.

Take care, Kathy with a K, DW of Papa (for those of you who don't know)

RellingTwin
10-24-2003, 06:13 AM
Marilee..booking on the ship is just like booking on the phone. You need dates, cabin catagory,dinning time ect. You will also put down a deposit at the time of booking (fully refundable if you cancel 60 days before sail date)

RellingTwin
10-24-2003, 06:15 AM
Just 49 weeks to go!(wish it was 49 days!)

Eric, any word yet?

bettemom
10-24-2003, 07:04 AM
:wave: and hugs to all our cruisers :sunny:

Ave....we'll give you your very own tube of glow bracelets to throw if you join us....:teeth: :teeth:

Kim & Bette

jeanneg
10-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Exactly what is Cruistober fest.....and what do you have to do to join?

I'm hoping it's not like the "heinie club" a friend of mine started when we were about 4 yrs. old......according to the rules (hers!) you had to show your heinie to join!!!!!

Twinave
10-24-2003, 01:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

Bette and Kim, You mean if I come, I get to throw the braclets too! I don't know, this is getting very tempting!!;)
I asked my boss about the possibility of taking off next Oct. And she never gave me a straight answer. Now she is gone to California with her hubby, and won't be back till Monday.

papa
10-24-2003, 05:32 PM
Ave hope that you and the family can go with us on this cruise.

Cathy are you home yet? Mike:hyper:

Hygiene99
10-24-2003, 06:38 PM
jeanneg ,
Exactly what is Cruistober fest.....and what do you have to do to join?

all u have to do is Go on the cruise on 10/02/04
and meet a bunch of nuts.......... and have a great time..

Twinave u can do it.. all u have to do is click your heels 3 times.... lol tell them dont ask them....

oh yeah we have to be the #1 thread next year............

Kim & Bette DCL Im sure will be fair ............

Anybody know where they r going to stay or do day before the cruise yet. ?

Now we have to wait 73 day til our trip to the world.................

Twinave
10-24-2003, 06:59 PM
Click.....Click.....Click.............OK waiting for the docs to fall from the sky. LOL:crazy:

I should know something by end of next week. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!

:wave2:

Ave'

RellingTwin
10-24-2003, 07:47 PM
111 days until our next trip to Disney (Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort)

Peter and Jen, we will be staying at the Radisson again, the night before we sail. It is SO nice to know, once we pull into the parking lot of the Radisson the relaxation can begin!

Jeanneg...the "Cruistoberfest" started because our 1st cruise with this crazy bunch of DIS'ers was on Sept. 22nd,2002 which according to our German cruiseres is the start of Octoberfest in German. Since a large percentage of the DIS'ers were of German decent we dubbed the cruise "Cruisetoberfest"! We had NO idea that we would do it again, much less 2 more times. Since Octoberfest is a get togerther of friends and family for a wonderful party,it seemed a fitting name.

Ave, remind you boss that you NEED a yearly vacation in order to be a good employee! Better yet, get her to book too! I know they had a great time when they sailed on our cruise 2 years ago. Remind her what a fantastic family vacation it is!

Mike, glad to hear you dad is doing well!

We hope to go to Washington DC for Thanksgiving again this year.

It was such an absolutley Beautiful Day in Charleston today! No humidity, 75 degrees. I LOVE Charleston in the Fall.

Remember to set your clocks BACK 1 hour on Sat. night!

Twinave
10-24-2003, 08:03 PM
Mary, you need to edit your post. I wasn't even there and I know the first Cruisetoberfest was 9/22/01. :hyper:

ducklite
10-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Hi! We're booked on this cruise, but I'm not sure if we're going to keep the reservation or not. We're actually booked for this one and the next one back-to-back.

Our son will be 18 at the time, and there just doesn't seem like much to do for him onboard, so we're thinking about either another line or a non-cruise vacation.

Any other young adults who will be cruising during that time?

Anne

Cheese Please
10-24-2003, 09:32 PM
This thread is off to a ROARING start. Hard to keep up with already.

Mike - glad to hear your Dad is doing well. Here is some more Pixie Dust to speed his recovery ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Mary, yes we did order the Captain Marvin's video. Waiting anxiously for it to show up in our mail box. I have told many friends about what a GREAT adventure that was and can't wait to share the video with them. Thank for doing the research and getting the group started.

Ave, Keep click those heels. We all want you to return on Cruisetobfest III......who else would organize the Brunch :teeth: :teeth: :teeth: .....just kidding, thanks again for all the work you did in setting the Brunch up.

Dave & Ellen

padisneyfan
10-24-2003, 10:27 PM
We are looking forward to our next WDW trip in 6 weeks. Going Dec 3-8th. We got great airfare on AirTran which was the main reason we decided to go back in Dec.

What is with the Capt. Marvin video? Did they videotape your excursion? I don't think they did on the boat we were on. Maybe I just missed it.

ducklite--- 18-20 is the group that gets lost on all the cruiselines. We have done both Disney and Carnival Pride with our son's who were between that age group. To old for the teen activites, but not enough young people on board in that age group to hang out with. The Western route with the 4 ports of calls seems to have more to entertain that group since they aren't as many sea days. Of course both of my sons can sleep all day when we are at sea. Nothing like spending all that money to have them sleep. We are planning on another family cruise in May 2004 (Western Caribbean) and my son's will be 20 and 21. My DH and I would like to do the Magic again since they stay longer in port at Key West and Cozumel. However, my son's want to try the Mariner of the Sea (RCCL). Will make a final decision when they are home for Christmas break. This group had alot of fun on the 10/11 cruise, but not many 18-20 year olds on that cruise. Plus it was just DH and Me, both our son's are in college. Some of the other parents may have additional input for you.

Norm and I would be up for a Mid Atantic meetin in DC in the spring.

Still have the head cold. Tomorrow is to be nice here, so we need to go out and take care of all the leaves in the yard. Fall is beautiful and I would probably like it much better if we didn't have all those leaves.

Nancy and Norm

Viking
10-25-2003, 04:45 AM
Mike,
PixieDust to your Dad *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
My Gramps recovered completely from his stroke at age 88, We hope this goes for your Dad also!!

Mary,
we haven't heard anything from DCL so far. I faxed my reservation request on Thursday and put my office and home phone # on it, my office fax and my email. So they have plenty of possibilities to get in touch with us.

Peter,
we will spend the time before the cruise -if we can do that date- in Charleston, Savannah and Panama City Beach. The night before the cruise we plan to spend at the Radisson.

Anja's bro and his wife arrived yesterday and will stay with us for the weekend to celebrate our birthdays with family and friends tonight.

Take care, Folks

Ze Germans pirate:

PS: Check out my new title under the avatar :hyper:

bettemom
10-25-2003, 08:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

This is Kim ,

Mom & I would love to go the the mid atlantic meet in DC , however the earlier a date is set the better for me so I can make sure that I enough people scheduled to work if I am not at the lab.

Ave, If you come I will buy the first round of drinks to enjoy as we lob glow bracelets from deck 10....

Would it help if we start a letter writing campaign to Ave's bosses, begging them to let her come .... ( just a joke )

Off I go, time to go dig out the winter clothes. We actually had a measurable amount of snow Thursday am YUK!!!

bye, Kim:wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

papa
10-25-2003, 09:46 AM
The cherry blossoms usually bloom around the 1st weekend of april or the last week in march depending on the the weather. We can set a tentative date of the 1st weekend of april if that works for all of you.

Dad is doing better and thanks for all of the well wishes and pixie dust.

Kim not to rub it in, but the temperature here yesterday was 76 degrees F with low humidity. Like Mary, I love the fall here in TN.

Ave hope that your boss gives you the ok and documents fall from the sky. We would love to have you cruise with us again.

Talked to Cathy last night and they made it home safely. I heard Ashlee barking in the background so I know that she was glad to have mom and dad home.

Counting the days until we :boat: sail again. Mike

jeanneg
10-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Jawohl, vielen Dank.......now I can brush off my German from over 30 years ago.....YIKES!
I agree....those between 18 and 21 are lost souls on this cruise. When we sail next summer, our kids will be 19, 20, 22 and 24. DCL is probably not their idea of a great vacation, but since they're in all different locations, I think they'll just enjoy the time together. In October it will just be hubby and myself.
Ducklite: I can't imagine there would be many kids around your son's age during October....or is that a holiday in NJ? We used to live in Bergen County and our kids usually had some teacher workdays during the early part of November....it was always a great time for a WDW vacation!
Relling Twin: just visited Charleston for the very first time a few months ago....what a pretty city! I can't remember the name, but we visited some place with HUGE desserts and about 100 different varieties of martinis!

RellingTwin
10-25-2003, 05:04 PM
jeanneg, I'm glad you liked Charleston! I LOVE it here. I love it even more when people from out of town come to visit because then I get to "play" tourist and show them around! There are a TON of wonderful resturants here. You could spend 2 weeks here, eat someplace different every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner and STILL not even scratch the surface!
There is also a TON to see and do here. The market, the plantations, the tours, the aquarium, ect,ect!

Eric and Anja, glad to jear you will be joining us at the Radisson this year!

ducklite
10-25-2003, 07:11 PM
jeanneg,

No holiday, but my son will be done with high school and college is not in his future plans, so he'll be along with us if we decide to go. We're still looking at other lines, RCCL seems to have the most for his age group--rock wall, ice skating, etc., but I'm not sure they would be a good fit for us.

What to do...

Anne

padisneyfan
10-25-2003, 10:26 PM
It was a beautiful day in Central Pa. So we spent the day doing yard work. Blowing and raking a zillion leaves and then mowing. That should be the last we need to mow, but the leaves will go on for another month or more.

Both of our DSs came home for the weekend. Of course, I have no food in the house so took them out to dinner both Friday and Saturday night. I haven't had time to do any grocery shopping since we got back from the cruise. Hopefully can go tomorrow.

I actually got my pictures developed. So they can go with all the other pictures that need to be added to my scrapbooks. I'm only 3 cruises and 2 WDW trips behind. That will be my winter project.

Mike--- Glad your dad is doing so well.

Don't forget to set your clock back one hour tonight. Get an extra hour of sleep.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Nancy and Norm

Windermere
10-25-2003, 10:34 PM
At this point I am of March 27th and April 10th

Windermere
10-25-2003, 10:42 PM
AT this point we have a hubby work imposed mandatory 2 weeks between October and end of March. Any suggestions? We are DVC members as well. That's what we are trying to decide tonight.

At this point we are planning March 13 thru Mar 28. We hope the DC meet can be Apr 10 so we will be in town and a weeknd off for me.

Windermere
10-25-2003, 10:49 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!

An xtra hour of sleep!

bettemom
10-26-2003, 08:29 AM
Kim has loaded cruise pictures from 10/11/03...If you would like to see them just email or PM your email address & she will let you know how to see them...
:teeth:

Bette

piglet33
10-26-2003, 08:39 AM
Hi everyone,

Well, good news. I got an email from DU saying that DCL is giving me the rest of my shipboard credit. Donna said it was good that I kept the original email that I got about the offer, because that is what did it.

Bad news.....I took the pictures that we took with the 35mm to Costco 1 hour photo to get developed. While I was reading my memory card into their machine to get the digital ones done, I heard the guy behind the counter ask the woman who was putting the rolls of film in the machine what are you doing? You're putting too many rolls in. It's jammed. Oh now these pictures are going to be ruined. I asked those aren't mine are they? He said oh no. Well, I come back 1 hour later and get my digital pics and only 1 roll of 35mm film that was developed. The same woman who messed everything up said there was a problem with the machine and your other rolls were destroyed. I got so upset since those were pictures from Haley's first trip to Disney and Disney Cruise. She said oh well they're gone, nothing can be done, but we're not charging for the pictures that did come out. I said big deal, you lost priceless pictures from Disney World. Didn't seem to bother her so I went to the manager and explained everything. He was very sympathetic and gave me free developing the next time I come in with unlimited amount of rolls. He told me it doesn't replace the memories that were lost, but he thought it might help. He also went over to talk to the woman to find out her side. Lenny said there were other folders there that had the film just hanging out just like ours did so it looks like there were going to be more unhappy people.

I can't believe that happened. Those pictures are the ones Lenny took while parasailing, Haley's first time in the ocean, MNSSHP parade and pics of her with the characters both on the ship and in MK. I know I have a lot of her with the characters, but I don't have any pics of the parade or parasailing now. I can only hope when we go next year, there will be a MNSSHP we can go to so I can redo the pics.

Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent.

piglet33
10-26-2003, 08:42 AM
Kim and Bette,

I just sent you a PM.

Thanks,

Renee'

jeanneg
10-26-2003, 08:52 AM
Gee, Renee, I'm so sorry about your lost photos....I know I would also be terribly upset also. If it's any consolation, always rermember that photos are just a "souveneir" of an actual event. You were there to experience your daughter's delight on a firsthand basis.....and that's more precious than any photographic rendering. Those memories are forever etched in your heart and that's what really counts. Enjoy your little girl every day....my 4 are all grown, but oh how I miss those early years!
Jeanne

Hygiene99
10-26-2003, 10:19 AM
That is a bummer....... Piglett33/ Renee

papa
10-26-2003, 02:30 PM
Sorry about your pictures Renee. Hope that everyone is coping without being on the boat. Mike

Twinave
10-26-2003, 03:44 PM
Renee, So Sorry About Your Pictures! I don't blame you for being upset. :(
Last year it was my daughter's 12th birthday on formal night. She was all dressed up, had her hair done, etc.. I had the ship's photographer take several pictues of her. (My little girl, all grown up :D ) I went to Shutters to buy them the next day, and couldn't find them. Long story short, none of them came out, I don't know why.
Ave'

Mr.Karaoke
10-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Renee: Sorry to heard about your pics :( If they wanted to really make it up all they had to do was give you another cruise. Now that would be customer service !

Papa: Pixie Dust For A Speedy Recovery:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As for the DC trip as of now I could say Arlene and I are in, but as we all now Life happnens. I love the Air and Space Museum.

Question : How does one put the count down counter on a message?

Andy

Hygiene99
10-26-2003, 05:11 PM
YO MISTER K.

U where good, But not that good lol

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381216 should help u Andy...... Hope all is well with u 2 and see u next year

PETER

Disney Go Go Gal
10-26-2003, 05:34 PM
hey ducklite...i see you might be going on the disney magic next october....i am 18 almost 19 and i really love the cruise. There is really not much for our age group but i saw on here that hopefully by the time we go they will have more for just us! i think that your son will have a good time and so will you, but i hope you find a great vacation for you and your family....if you decide to go, have your son contact me...because i will forsure be on there and would love to know someone before i get on the boat. ::MinnieMo

papa
10-26-2003, 06:23 PM
Andy I am an air and space museum nut also. Hey they have ducks in DC.!!

Jennifer you will have to lighten up on Andy, he was using disney discs after all.

alikat99
10-26-2003, 08:43 PM
Renee - I'm so sorry to hear about your pics of Haley!!! We haven't really looked at our pictures yet, but as soon as we do, I'll get Chris to get them up on our website, and you can let me know if you want any of them. I know that we did take at least some of Haley.

padisneyfan
10-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Renee--- So sorry to hear about your pictures. My sister had that happen to her at the 1 hour Wal Mart photo, she got nothing from them. It is a wonder she didn't burn the Wal Mart to the ground, she was that mad.

Bette and Kim--- I love our group photo that you posted.

Oh no Ducks in DC. We will have to hear those Quackers again.

I hate it when we go back to Standard time, it is dark so early. I was ready to go to bed at 5:30pm.

Nancy

piglet33
10-27-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by alikat99
Renee - I'm so sorry to hear about your pics of Haley!!! We haven't really looked at our pictures yet, but as soon as we do, I'll get Chris to get them up on our website, and you can let me know if you want any of them. I know that we did take at least some of Haley.

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the offer of sending the pics of Haley. Of course, I'd love any that you have. I also have several that we took of Emily that you might like. There are some cute ones of her sleeping on the chair at CC. I have to find a website to put them up on. As soon as I do that, I'll let you know. Or I can email them to you, if you want. Let me know.

ARLO1
10-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Shari:

We would love for you to rebook to the 10/2/03 cruise. It was great meeting you and would love to see you again.

Arlene

cdnmickeylover
10-27-2003, 02:19 PM
Back at work today and my desk wasn't as bad as I thought. Only 4 piles of files and I've gone through 2 already -- helped that our internet was down until just a short time ago.

Am already counting the weeks til the next cruise. It's not warm here at all although during the drive home we got the abbreviated version of fall -- lots of colour and then bare trees. Was told there were snow flurries here last week so we are just waiting.

Great that you are posting Andy -- am determined next cruise to stay awake long enough to watch you!!

Bette -- would love to link our dinner reservations. I'll send you the reservation number as soon as I find it. We got home really late and all of our bags are just dumped into the front hall -- pulled a teenager there!!!

Renee -- so sorry to hear about your pictures. I think I took some of Haley which I'll send to you when they are developed. At this point am not sure when that will be as I have to find all the rolls of film which are scattered throughout too many bags.

Shari -- saw you at LTT just as we were sitting down to eat. I believe you had just arrived. It was really busy and we decided that if we went to the MNSSHP next year that we'd just grab fast food.

Mike - Hope your Dad is feeling better.

I had the cold last Wednesday and still feel like I'm fighting it off but hopefully it won't develop into anything worse.

Had a great time on the cruise and really miss our dinnermates -- and the food. Colleen -- are you feeding Don enough???

Must go and attack the final two piles of work. The lawyer who looked after my files while I was gone just asked if I was missing my nap after being on vacation!!! He also has files to give back to me. :(

Hopefully we'll be able to make Washington in the spring.

Fiona

1971visitor
10-27-2003, 07:59 PM
Just changed ressies to the 10-2 Antigua cruise from the 10-16 eastern! Anyone have info on what the agenda will be on the 7 day eastern? We've been on two 4 day Bahamians, but this'll be our first 7 day. Also any word on changes aboard the Magic after the dry dock stay? We were at the port the day the Magic returned from dry dock, but couldn't get any info on changes.

padisneyfan
10-27-2003, 08:37 PM
1971visitor--- Welcome Aboard. There are a number of us on this cruise who just got off the Magic on 10/18 and saw the changes.

Dueling Piano is now Diversion which I liked the layout. I thought it made it looked more open and bigger. Plus you could sit at the window and look out of the portholes. Many TV's to watch sports, tables to play chess and backgammon. The last night, they did a skit there which was really cute.

ESPN is gone and a teen area is now there. Didn't go there.

Common grounds is now Coffee Cafe which has specialty coffee and internet assess. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I think back a couple of pages someone posted about it.

New carpet in the common areas.

If I missed anything someone else can fill you in.

Welcome home Fionna. Being back in reality is the pits. I think Bette and Kim also said they had some snow.

Raining here today and of course more leaves on the ground. :(

My office got moved back to it orginal spot on Friday, so my computer at work isn't hooked up yet. Unable to check the boards from work.

Need to go back to working on my hockey issues. I did not do much hockey stuff while on the cruise, so am way behind.

Nancy

RellingTwin
10-27-2003, 08:37 PM
1971....welcome to the 10/02/04 thread! Glad to have you!
A bunch of us were on board the 1st sailing of the Magic after dry dock.The best change (IMHO) is the addition of the Cove Cafe (located in the old "Common Grounds"). It's a nice place for an after dinner cocktail, as well as a nice place to get on the internet. The old "Off Beat is now called "Diversions", a sports bar type place. The Teen club in now located in the old ESPN bar. It's now called The Stack.
The 10/02/04 schedule is:

Sun. Mon at Sea
Tues Antiuga
Wed St Thomas
Thurs at Sea
Fri Castaway Cay

tigger24
10-28-2003, 06:36 AM
Hi Everyone!
I am so looking forward to meeting everyone. Tell me more about the Dis meet in D.C. in the spring. My husband and I ( and soon to be baby girl due Feb 1st!) live in Maryland, but my husband works at the Air and Space Museum. Had to laugh when everyone said they love it so much, maybe we could meet there! Will be busy, but would love to help put planning the meet. Here are the members of our crew so far for the cruise:

Me: 29
DH:32
DD: Will be ~9 months
DM and DD: I'll leave their ages out!

Best friends and our Godson! They live in Richmond, so they can come to the meet as well!

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!
Bernadette
:earsgirl: :earsboy: ::MinnieMo

piglet33
10-28-2003, 08:36 AM
Hey Eric,

Did you hear from Disney yet? We're all hoping that you'll be able to cruise with us next year.

To Our Tablemates - I have uploaded our pics on a website. PM me if you would like the link. I also got some pics of Kim and Bette presenting the lookalike Pinky to Eric after our group pic was taken that's on there too.

We had such a great time on that cruise that we can't wait for next year.

Thanks again to everyone that had a part in making this cruise memorable and special.

Renee'

papa
10-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Welcome aboard Bernadette :boat: Glad that you will be joining us. I love the air and space museum. Because my wife loves me she goes along even if it is not her favorite thing to do at the time. We have been to Washington when the cherry blossoms are in bloom several times and love them. We usually stay in Alexandria and take the metro after the rush hour in the am and get the 5 dollar all day ticket. We park our car at the station garage and just use the metro to get around.

Mary hope that you enjoy your trip to Hilton Head when it is time to go.

Waiting on Disney to come out with the shore excursions for Antigua.

Is it October 2004 yet?????????????:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Mike

ARLO1
10-28-2003, 09:55 AM
I am also not the greatest fan of the air & space museum. I am interested in it for awhile and then the interest dwindles but I go because Andy likes the museum.

Thats the give and take of marriage - some things he does that he doesnt like to but does them for me and sometimes I do things that I dont like to but do it for him.

Marrige - the world of compromises....

Arlene

jeanniec
10-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Just got back from a week at BWV and I'm amazed to see how this thread has grown since I posted back at the beginning of October. This will be our 3rd DCL cruise. My DH and I (no children) have reserved early dining. We are used to eating early at home and have not had a problem with children at our table in the past. Just wondered if any of you eat early, too, since we would love to have tablemates from this board rather than eating with strangers.

bettemom
10-28-2003, 05:08 PM
bump

cdnmickeylover
10-28-2003, 05:21 PM
Love that picture Bette!!

Hope everyone is well. Desk is still covered but am leaving anyway. Just finished telling one of my co-workers about the cruise.

Are you sure we can't zip past the winter and at least get to spring?

bettemom
10-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Hi Guys, This is Kim here...

Guess what, you know how we all thought that everything else on the trip went smooth, (i.e. no foul ups) well, I went to guest service Tuesday on the ship gave them my company credit card and asked them bill my company for the unlimited internet of
$ 89.99, they said they could not do it at that time and to come back later, well I never made it back down.
Today my bookeeper opens the COMPANY credit card bill and DCL has billed me for 6 times @ $ 300.18 each & one time @ $ 105.00, and then gave credits for 2 of the l$300.18 charges. It is a good thing that I have a great owner of my laboratory... I am pretty much laughing at this point. I e-mailed my travel agent and she is not laughing.

She has not heard from Disney about the "problem" on board but says she will contact me the minute she hears anything.

Well I am off to play lazy for a few hours and putter in the sewing room.

Renee'.. can you send me the link for pictures please.

Thanks, Kim

piglet33
10-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Kim - I just emailed you the link for the pics.

A question from anyone on our 10/11/03 cruise. Did anyone receive a copy of the statement for the charges for your stateroom? We received a letter saying that there was a problem printing the statements and to go to guest services the day we were leaving to see if they could print them yet. If not, then they would mail a copy to us. I never made it down to guest services to check so I don't know if they were ever able to print them.

Thanks,

Renee'

papa
10-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Renee we received our bill on the morning that we departed. I took the halter monitor back to the ER this p.m.. Kathy is doing fine we are just waiting for them to download the monitor and it be read by a cardiologist. Her heart was skipping beats.

Everyone else is peachy. Hope that everyone has a great day. Mike

cdnmickeylover
10-29-2003, 12:25 PM
We received our bill under the door on the morning that we left.

Mike -- I hope Kathy is ok. Jim had the monitor on him before we left and was concerned that people would notice the mickey ears he was left with! Kathy would not have had the same problem though.

Hope everyone is well.

Viking
10-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Hi Folks,
today I received a fax from DCL with the confirmation for 10/02/04 :Pinkbounc :bounce: What I liked best was the price: $0.00 - It's soooooooooo good to be a Mouseketeer :teeth:

I immediately set up an account for the new cruiselist: antiguaorbust@yahoo.com

The Veterans just have to sent a short mail to that adress and I'l transfer the info from the last list. The "new" cruisers should please send the following info:
-Name, age, profession of all adults in your group
-Name, age of all kids cruising with you
-Your DIS-name
-Your stateroom or category (If already known to you)
-Your seating session
-Hometown and state
-Place you will stay at the night before the cruise (Many of us will stay at the Radisson near the Port)
-Special occasion to be celebrated during cruise. I.e. birthday anniversary, etc.

The first edition will go out as soon as I have received enough mails - Say, 5+

Looking forward to your mails :wave2:

Hygiene99
10-29-2003, 03:35 PM
VIKING that is Great.................................

so cool

padisneyfan
10-29-2003, 03:55 PM
Did I miss something? I didn't know that Kathy was wearing a halter monitor. Hopoe everyhing is ok.

Eric--- How great that you get to cruise with us again:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I have to call DVC on 11/2 (actually 11/3 since the 2nd is a Sunday) to make our arrangement. Once I get confirmation and a room number I will email you. I think we are going to do navigator vernada this time. We didn't use our regular vernada much this past cruise. So I am slowly move Norm into a stateroom with a porthole so downsizing him gradually. Unless, I can convince him before I rebook on Monday. Plus it is less points. If I want to keep cruising on points, we need to look at doing less vernada trips.

I just commented on the 10/11 bill thread. I didn't get mine yet. However, I wish DCL would switch to the system that you can check your bill from the room on your TV. Both CCL and RCCL have that along with alot of hotels. That way you can check it everyday and make corrections that day. Seems it would be less work for guest services in the long run.

Time to go home.

Nancy

Hygiene99
10-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Padaisneyfan....

we have a cat 7 booked also.................
and i was on the phone with Dcl earlier today.... abought
on board account...........

jeanneg
10-29-2003, 06:01 PM
What cabin do you have? We're 7122 and this will be our first time with a Nav. veranda. When we booked on the ship back in August, the rates were less than half price for a cat 7, so we decided to go for it. My husband just LOVES his veranda, but I think the open porthole should be fine. This will be our first time sailing alone and we are so looking forward to an uncluttered room!

Michelemouse
10-29-2003, 07:00 PM
We also booked the 10/02/04 cruise when we sailed on 10/11.

Our kids will be 12 (DD) and 9 (DS) on that voyage and would love to meet up with other kids. So, if any of you have kids that age who would like to start an email friendship beforehand let me know!

Twinave
10-29-2003, 07:01 PM
OK...OK... I can't stand it.......We Booked!

Bette..you owe me a drink!:jester:

We are in Stateroom 7541. No verandah this time.:( But we can deal with that. :sunny:
The boss, doesn't know yet. LOL:earseek: I will tell her sometime between now and Oct 2, 2004.

OMG...going to have to work lots of extra shifts, but if this trip is HALF as great as 10/11 it will be worth it. ::yes::

Later,http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/ruinkai/biggrinyoyoA.gif

AVE'

Cheese Please
10-29-2003, 07:50 PM
Glad to hear you booked for 10/2/04. It will be a GREAT cruise and I will by you and the boss a drink too.

We did not get our statement from the 10/11 cruise yet either. Pete, let us know what you find out.

We are also in a Navagitor Veranda on 10/2, room 7624.

Dave & Ellen

Hygiene99
10-29-2003, 08:21 PM
we have cabin 6634 it is not a nav verandah it is a regular one
but it is a cat 7 recently down graded from cat 5 by disney

RellingTwin
10-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Ave, I am SO GLAD you posted! Beween you booking and not telling the family yet, and "Dr T" (my boss/friend) being pregnant and nt being able to tell anyone...I was about to bust! That is 2 BIG secrets to be keeping!

Eric! WAY COOL you have booked! I sent you my info (I'm hoping to make the 1st page of the list this year!):teeth:

Twinave
10-29-2003, 08:39 PM
Hygiene... Great room! Congrats

Just finished watching my Capt. Marvins video for the millionth time!:hyper: I can't believe how great it turned out! SO GLAD I bought it. Now I've got to write a nice letter to VIP productions.

Later, Ave'

OK Cheese Please, that's one from you and one from Bettemom. Bahama Mama here I come!

Hygiene99
10-29-2003, 08:43 PM
So glad u will be joining us after all AVE>>>

Twinave
10-29-2003, 08:49 PM
Thanks Hygiene99!!!
It's people like you that make us want to cruise again.
A cruise would just be a cruise, but with our Dis friends it's SO MUCH MORE!!!:sunny:

Can't wait!

:wave:

padisneyfan
10-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Ave---- So glad that you booked. It will be so greats to see old friends and meet new ones.

jeanneg--- You will love cruising with just you and DH. Our 9/28/02 was Norm and my first cruise without our teenage sons who were both in college. It was just wonderful as was the 10/11/03 cruise. I don't know where the days went as we were having such a good time. It was so nice to have time alone, yet being able to be with friends when you wanted.

Hygiene99-- Lucky you that you got one of those open veranda that were downgraded to cat 7. I looked at cruise locator and right now there are none of those rooms available. Would like to be either on Deck 6 or 7.

Nancy
::MinnieMo

Twinave
10-29-2003, 09:51 PM
I just wanted to say hello to our "old" friends..papa, goofynut, cheeseplease, padisneyfan, viking, bettemom, arlo, scootersmom, cdndisneyfan, piglet33, alikat99, michelemouse.:wave2:

And a big hello to our new friends....jeanneg, jeanniec, minniesmom, ducklite, tigger24, Drez, suecot2000, chatty, kmovies, disneygogogal, 1971visitor.......:wave:

I may be going out on a limb here, but I think this may be a fairly fun trip. :p

Later, Ave'

papa
10-29-2003, 10:16 PM
Welcome aboard Ave and family :boat: Kathy and I are jumping for joy that everyone is going to be with us again.

Nancy, Kathy's heart was skipping beats. She was throwing pvc's and pac's and she had to wear the halter monitor for 24 hours. She is going to our family doctor tomorrow to get the results from all the tests.

Still looking for information on Antigua to see what to do once we get there.

Mike

Viking
10-30-2003, 02:57 AM
Folks,

I got 14 mails already in our new account!!!
I'll do the new list this weekend. I won't find time for it before saturday night or sunday morning, because I'm doing heavy overtime at the office - including saturday :mad:

Dave and Ellen,
is taking 7624 (Our stateroom!!) thought of as a late retaliation for us Germans kicking the American women's soccer time out of the tournament? :jester:

We still hope to be able to upgrade our free Cat11/Deck 7-stateroom to a Cat 7 or 6 by paying for it, but so far DCL only sent us a confirmation for Cat11/Deck 7. I'll have to send them the original voucher anyway to "pay" for the cruise next week and will ask them again.

For the Veterans-Table: Send me your ressie-numbers and I'll put them into my letter to link our Dinner reservations again. We really enjoyed those wonderful evenings with you. Perhaps Peter and Jen would like to join us too, and we could also try to get the Jager-Clan to the table next to us and share one waiter team with them.

ARLO1
10-30-2003, 06:01 AM
Ave:

Glad to see you will be sailing on 10/2/04 also. It was great meeting you.

We would love to link up dinner reservations with others - whether it be with past cruisers from this board or even new cruisers to this board...Its always nice to know who you are dining with beforehand...

Arlene

piglet33
10-30-2003, 07:49 AM
Ave, glad to hear that you're coming with us. It wouldn't have been the same cruising without you. Looks like we have most of everyone that cruised on 10/11 cruising again on 10/02. Wow this is going to be great. We had such a great time before, we'll just have to try to top it.:bounce: :Pinkbounc

jeanneg
10-30-2003, 08:40 AM
We're veteran Disney cruisers but newbies to the cruisetober
fest group. DH and I are in our early fifties but very young at heart and have a great sense of humor. We would definitely like to have prearranged tablemates from this board. We have requested late seating.
Jeanne

ARLO1
10-30-2003, 08:56 AM
Jeanneg:

We are also doing late seating. We are in our mid 40's and hope we are still young at heart if you guys are interested in hooking up reservations. Anybody else? Norm & Nancy are you interested in hooking up reservations?

I cant believe that preparations are starting to be made already. It makes the excitement come back again...

Arlene

@GoofyNut
10-30-2003, 08:57 AM
:Pinkbounc Doing the Happy Dance :Pinkbounc ... I am so glad to hear that Ave re-booked and it seems like most of the "team" will be back going to our "Adult Cruise Camp".

Eric ... as soon as I can find my rese & cabin #, I'll get it to you.

Bette - Kim ... How are you making out with the cabin mess? I really feel they owe you big time.

Bette ... Did I remember correctly, the name of your little stow-away next year is Minnie? Correct me on the spelling and just how big a laynard she (?) will need.

BTW ... Did Bernie get home to his brothers and sisters OK? Did he bring any photos to show his "parents". That was just too funny. Let me know when it will be possible to see some of his adventure pictures.

Is it too early for a slogan and logo? Hope I didn't miss that cause I'm still trying to get caught up with you guys.

I also see the thread that some of you had problems with billing.

MaryJo (SarahsMom) also wrote about a bad experience with getting a stateroom gift she ordered well in advance. Bummer!

Work is screaming for me to come back to reality.

bettemom
10-30-2003, 09:21 AM
AVE is coming,Ave is coming......:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Not only a drink,but, your very own tube of glow bracelets.!:hyper:

Hugs,
Kim & Bette:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

jeanneg
10-30-2003, 09:22 AM
That would be great! It would be nice if we could also get one or two more couples to join us. Have you cruised with DCL before?
Once we get it all together, I'll be happy to make the call so we can all be linked.
Looking forward to meeting you,
Jeanne

bettemom
10-30-2003, 09:42 AM
Hi Guys,

This is Kim here...

Ave & Mary, I have a real NEAT idea for lanyards for next year, if you do not mind can I be in charge of supplying the lanyards for next year ??? I will share my plan with you as soon as I know it works...PLMK.

Goofynut... Nothing yet from Disney, but I expect it will take many weeks to hear back from them.

We were one of the unlucky to have stateroon charge bills messed up. On departure day I was billed multiple times for
$300.18 purchase(s) I did not buy anything at that price and one purchase for $ 105.00. DCL is looking into it and will get back to me on this also.

All of Bernies pictures are now ready if you want to see them. PM me your e-mail and I weill send you a link.

Back to work,

Bye, Kim:wave2: :wave2:

ARLO1
10-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Jeanne:

10/2/04 will be our 4th disney cruise. We also sailed on the 10/11 cruise - it was definetely a great experience and met some great people. The 1st cruise we went with my sister, brother and their spouses and the 2nd cruise was just the 2 of us. Even though we traveled just the 2 of us on the 10/11 cruise we still felt that we sailed with a group since we met so many nice people with cruisetober fest II both on the boat and at the Baltimore meet beforehand. We both said we sailed alone but with others(wierd?)

The more the merrier at the dinner table would be great. It makes for more fun. I know its early but any other takers?
Arlene

cdnmickeylover
10-30-2003, 10:00 AM
Ave -- That's great news that you are sailing again with us. Knew that you'd give in!!

Kim -- please send the link for the bernie pictures.

Mike & Kathy - Hope everything goes well at the doctor's. Jim goes back on the 18th I think. He had a great week though on the cruise and only felt bad one night which is great progress. By next year hopefully everything will be lots better.

Hello to everyone who wasn't on the 10/11 cruise -- it'll be great to meet more new people. The fact that we 'knew' people before we boarded really made the cruise as far as Jim and I are concerned.

I've told everyone at work that we have rebooked so they are all ready to listen to me for another year about it. My secretary hasn't clued in that I'll be gone for the end of September rush but hopefully she won't realize this til August!!

Work calls -- have to pay for the cruise somehow since I didn't win it but there's always next year.

Thank you in advance for doing the list again Eric.

Fiona

Viking
10-30-2003, 12:32 PM
As there are so many people intending to link their ressies, we should ask Disney to link the ressies first and then link the linked groups into one big seating area in the same rotation.

ARLO1
10-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Eric:

Sounds like a good idea to me. Hopefully it will be a better result than what happened at the Palo brunch...

Arlene

Hygiene99
10-30-2003, 01:16 PM
ok AVE what r we going to do about brunch this time?????

I say we use the same plan and we dont tell DCl....

Suggestions ?????

This time the people that r the leaders can not alll wear the t shirt lol Everyone gets mad...... one lady was Furious when she saw all those people in front of her with the T shirts on...

I thought she was kiddding , but she was not ................

Maybe we should contact PALO manager he seems to like u....lol

Viking
10-30-2003, 02:57 PM
I forgot mention that yesterday also got our DVD from Cpt. Marvin's Stingray Tour arrived :Pinkbounc We just watched it and we instantly wished to be back in the blue waters of the Caribbean :(
Today our official PADI Diver IDs arrived. We donated some extra-bucks to get the special Manatee-edition. Now we're officially no longer at the end of the food chain :hyper:
I did overtime every day this week, skipped a lot of breaks and Iam still drowning in work, but by coming into the office on saturday as well I should be able to manage the flood - Hopefully!! But I don't envy my former teammates: Everything I scheduled for work during the week they'll have to do during the next weeks. This weekend 21 of the 42 people of our department will be in the office. Fortunately in my company we have a problem millions of people dream of: Too much work!!

Bette: Today I passed the hat and the patches to my police officer friend and I also mailed your friend Tim and imformed him about it. Frederick (My friend) already posted a query for a uniform-collector on the Intranet of the Frankfurt Police Force. He's sure to find people willing to get in touch with Tim.

Anja says Hi to everyone, too. We're going to bed now. It's 10pm and we had a tough day at work and training in the the gym. Additionally we had a bomb threat which closed down Frankfurt's Grand Central Station causing major delay in the afternoon rush-hour.

@GoofyNut
10-30-2003, 03:22 PM
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to write an actual letter and snail mail it to DCL about linking our tables. I'm thinking we are booked and they had to work up seating anyway so this way they could get it done early.

Also ... is it possible to write Palo and explain how many tables could be guaranteed for a brunch. I know they have to leave space for their concierge (sp) clients but at least they wouldn't have so many empty tables as they did at our seating which was Monday 10:30, I think. After all the Navigator states that Palo reservations are a first come basis. I felt bad for Ave getting called to the "principals office".

Surely the size of our group being such good repeat customers and the PR they get out of us is worth some considerations.

OK ... this is me stepping off my soap box now!

I know it's been said that they read these posts and knew we were coming.

:wave2: Hi Guys .... Have a nice Halloween tomorrow!

RellingTwin
10-30-2003, 05:27 PM
Kim, I sent you a PM.

Dinning...I have booked early dinning for next year in the hopes that I will be able to stay awake later! I may change it before we cruise. I'm not sure if I want to do the Palo thing again. The whole thing (reservations) left me with a bad feeling. I did have a GREAT time at brunch with everyone! Maybe we should all book BRUNCH and DINNER!!!????That would really push them over the edge!I am going to mention the Palo brunch problem when I write my letter to DCL. I understand the problem with large tables (kind of), I just can't figure out why they had such a hard time with a bunch of tables for 6??!!!
I think PETER should be in charge of the brunch!!! Anyone who wants Peter in charge say "AYE"!!!LOL!

Eric! The video from Capt. Marvins!!! WAY COOL!

papa
10-30-2003, 05:53 PM
AYE for Peter :boat:

Kathy and I are going to skip the Palo's thing, brunch and dinner this next cruise. Like Mary I am just totally disgusted with that particular function of the magic.

Kathy went to the doctor today, but the cardiologist has not read the halter monitor yet. We have to call the doctor tomorrow. Mike

Hygiene99
10-30-2003, 06:27 PM
I EDITED THIS POST

BUT I AGREE WITH AVE ...... I WOULD LKE THAT ALOT BETTER AND WE WOULD HAVE ALOT EASIER TIME DOING IT....

SCREW BRUNCH...............................

PETER

Twinave
10-30-2003, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the big "Welcome back". You guys are the greatest. I love the idea of linking the dinning. But I love the APLAPL rotation, and I have also booked early dinning. But like Mary, I may change to late seating.
I am not going to do Palo brunch this cruise. But if I can still vote, I vote for Peter. The rude remark made by the person on line for reservations really bothered me.
But I do have another idea.:duck: I was thinking maybe..getting a bunch of us together for brunch at one of the sit down rest. Maybe Lumieres? I could go to the head server a day or so ahead of time, and give them a heads up about how many tables we would need. And since we have 3 days at sea on this trip, we could do it one of those days. (Sun, Mon, or Thur) Anyone out there interested?
Got to go watch my Captain Marvin video again!:teeth:
Later, Ave'

Hygiene99
10-30-2003, 06:41 PM
Ave see above

RellingTwin
10-30-2003, 07:40 PM
GREAT IDEA AVE! I saw the brunch menu at Lumires one day and it looked very nice!

Twinave
10-30-2003, 07:59 PM
Thanks Mary and Peter. My way of thinking is, if anyone wants to do Brunch at Palo, go for it. But for me, the food came second to the company. And if something comes up at the last minute,and you can't make it, you don't have to worry about getting charged $10. Also last time I checked you can get a glass of champange at breakfest in any of the sit down places.

So, OK if this sems like a good idea, let me know. I would love to organize it. But I will need someone to help. Hey, How about Peter?.:teeth: :tongue:

Later, Ave'

usetheforceluke
10-30-2003, 08:17 PM
All things considered, I wouldn't be the first in line to sign up for Palo. I wasn't impressed with the brunch (the conversation and the people were great... the heat in there and the food were not), and I wasn't overly impressed with our supper, yet others had a super time and enjoyed it immensely.

Jim.

padisneyfan
10-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Arlene and Jeanne--- Norm and I would be glad to link our dinner reservations with you as we have late dinner. We were with Andy and Arlene on 10/11 and had a good time at dinner and then several evening we went over to Rockin D Bar. We are also in our 50's. I believe on the Eastern Cruise with the LAP rotation we have formal night on Sunday so will be in Animators still have Semiformal in Parrot Cay. I like the LAP rotation except for the fact on the Western you are in Parrot Cay on both formal and semiformal night. However, this past cruise they were alot more small kids in the LAP rotation then I have ever seen before. The worse night was formal night in Parrot Cay. Between the band playing really loud and all the kids around us we couldn't hear each other talk at the table. We were all kind of surprised at the noise level that night. I am calling Monday to make our reservations and then will have my confirmation number. So just let me know when you want my information.

I am also for boycotting Palo. Since we had volunteered to move to the Sunday brunch to help Ave out, we didn't even get to socialize with the majority of you. I'm sure there is someplace else that we can all meet. Lumieres might be just the spot. That way there would be no hassle. Just show up.

So is "usetheforceluke" Jim of "Fionna and Jim". So you must be into Star Trek.

Mike--- Sorry to hear about Kathy's cardiac problem. I hope everything is ok. Keep us all posted. Doesn't just looking at you each day, make her heart skip a beat.

The Veterans table can't be called that anymore, since so many of us are Veteran's. You will have to think of a new name. It would be nice if we could all be near each other in the dining room. There were not many from our group in the LAP rotation. Ok I need to move on from all the dining issues.

Yea, tomorrow is Friday. Happy Halloween.

Nancy::MinnieMo

padisneyfan
10-30-2003, 08:58 PM
After I just wrote about it being loud in Parrot Cay, don't I find a thread about it. It is so funny. Our table can relate to this.

I don't know how to link to a thread, but this is the title of it "what?? I Can't Hear You! I'm Eating In Parrot Cay!"

Plus this should be post #500 for me.

Nancy

Tulirose
10-30-2003, 09:16 PM
Congrats Nancy on post #500.

Okay guys. I'm gonna be a lurker on this thread because we will not be Antigua cruisers but I had to step out of lurker mode for a few reasons.

One - Mike, tell Kathy to get better soon. We wish her well. And those cardiac doctors very rarely read the Holter immediately upon removal (unless it's Dr. Malhotra!) But that is really a good sign because if something was really going on, the nurses would have informed the docs and it would have been read immediately. But I was surpised she had an appointment the very next day. We wish her well.

TWO - And this is a BIG reason to come out of lurker mode - NANCY! AKA PADISNEYFAN - I think you are right that "usetheforceluke" is Fiona's Jim, BUT! get your STAR stories right. That was StarWARS!!! NOT StarTrek!

I revert back to Lurker mode, sending best wishes to all my Cruisetoberfest friends and their new cruising buddies.

OH, almost forgot, most important #3 - BETTEMOM/KIM - Can I PLEASE have a link to Bernie's photos?

padisneyfan
10-30-2003, 09:29 PM
Ok, Ok, Ok Star something. Star Wars, Star Trek. They are all space people. One was a TV series then went into movies. The other was a Movie that went forward and then backward. Who can keep them straight? Except all you people who are either Trekies or what are Star War people called.

Now this will get Rosemary back out of her lurking mode.

Also, what do you think about Survivor tonight. What a twist?

Nancy

Tulirose
10-30-2003, 10:05 PM
Too Funny, Nancy. Now Jim and I may just have to shoot you with a phaser gun set on stun to teach you to know the diff! :eek:

Loved Survivor tonight. Check out the comments on the Community Board and add your own two cents! Link for Survivor Thread (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=4386803#post4386803)

Viking
10-31-2003, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by @GoofyNut
I was wondering if it would be a good idea to write an actual letter and snail mail it to DCL about linking our tables. I'm thinking we are booked and they had to work up seating anyway so this way they could get it done early.

Also ... is it possible to write Palo and explain how many tables could be guaranteed for a brunch. I know they have to leave space for their concierge (sp) clients but at least they wouldn't have so many empty tables as they did at our seating which was Monday 10:30, I think. After all the Navigator states that Palo reservations are a first come basis. I felt bad for Ave getting called to the "principals office".

Surely the size of our group being such good repeat customers and the PR they get out of us is worth some considerations.

OK ... this is me stepping off my soap box now!

I know it's been said that they read these posts and knew we were coming.

:wave2: Hi Guys .... Have a nice Halloween tomorrow!

Cathy,
this is exactly what I intend to do as I have to send my Free-Cruise-Voucherpirate: via snail-mail anyway. So everybody get me your ressie# and I'll send it to DCL next week.

cdnmickeylover
10-31-2003, 06:39 AM
Usetheforceluke is Jim -- didn't tell me he was registering but I figure because Andy did maybe he should to for this cruise.

We will be skipping Palo for this cruise. The brunch was way too hot and they didn't seem to care as it was pointed out to them. They just said that they couldn't do anything about it. And the way that they treated Ave was beyond commenting on. Our dinner was also not great although dessert was fabulous.

A brunch in one of the sit downs might be the way to go though.

Don't always just lurk Rosemary -- we'll miss you!

Did anyone notice that they locked the 10/11 thread and said that there was a 150 page max to a thread? Is this new? I don't recall there being a 150 page max and this thread will certainly top a 150 pages.

Must go and bang on the bathroom door -- it's Halloween and really my DS in the morning is a scary sight and sound every morning!! Ah to wake up to gentle rocking of the boat rather then protests about waking up!

Fiona

padisneyfan
10-31-2003, 09:18 AM
Wow, I see that they locked our 10/11 thread. That really surprised me since we were still posting. Of course, you notice that Roseamary got the last word before it was closed down. Now we will never hear the end of that.

I think Penny is a new moderator, so will be interesting to see if we get locked out when we hit 150 pages this time.

I will have to get Norm to post. He doesn't even read the boards. So it may take me a long time to get him to post. He did ask what the DH of padisneyfan meet on one of the nametags. Maybe I can tell him to get his own identity he needs to develop a screen name and post at least one time.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE :scared1:

Nancy

padisneyfan
10-31-2003, 09:25 AM
Ok, I realize it is Halloween and strange things happen. After I posted, it took me to a new area Cruise Meet. So I guess we don't even post on the regular cruise board anymore. I was really confused for a few minutes, until I could figure out what was going on.

I guess that is why she closed the 10/11 thread since things were moved around. Still makes me mad :mad: that it was closed. Couldn't we have just died a natural death. We were close to 7200 posts.

Nancy

cdnmickeylover
10-31-2003, 09:40 AM
Nancy -- I'm just going to wait and see what they do about the 150 pages because we are going to get to that long before the cruise. If they lock the thread at 150 pages I guess we'll just end up with thread part one -- thread part two etc. Might be funny actually. Was really surprised that they locked the 10/11 thread too.

Work on Norm to post. Jim started to read the thread shortly before 10/11 and did post once under my identity. Hopefully this time he won't just post once. It gives him a chance to 'correct' my statements anyway. :D

Mike -- How is Kathy doing? In some respects no quick news might be good news in a strange sort of way.

Must get back to work.

Fiona

jeanneg
10-31-2003, 09:48 AM
Yes, John and I would love to join you and Norm and Arlene and Andy for dinner! I really don't care what rotation we get as long as it's late seating. I'm not even sure we'll be able to predict the formal and semiformal nights since they are changing the itinerary. When we crusied last July, I had planned our Palo reservation around the formal night and wouldn't you know they switched it for our cruise and also one after. Then I understand they went and switched it back again! I had read all my menus, decided what meal I wanted to miss, and it ended up not working as planned. So I guess it's possible to plan too much......I'm easy though, stuff like that doesn't get me upset. I'm just so happy to be on the darn cruise in the first place.
If you watch Survivor we already have alot in common......I'm addicted to that show! I love the way they keep changing the rules of the game. My own personal view is that the producers want Rupert to make it to the very end. Since the others all consider him to be the biggest threat, he'll most likely be voted out when and if they merge. By bringing back those who have been voted out, you'll never be able to get rid of him and the ratings will continue to be good. I'm still fuming about Jenna winning last time. Those 2 girls were such b****es, I would have voted them out the first chance I got! Oh well, that's all over and done with.....
Shame on you for getting your Star Wars and Star Trek mixed up!
If Disney is my first love, then Star Wars has got to be my second!
My oldest son claims I ruined him for all other women......he's still trying to find a girl who gets as enthusiastic about Star Wars as his mother does!
In what part of PA is York located? I have a daughter in Bethlehem at Lehigh.
Jeanne

ARLO1
10-31-2003, 10:03 AM
Jeanne:

I know a women who loves Star Wars - my sister in law. Unfortunetely(but fortunately for my family) shes married to my brother and we love her dearly. I've known her almost all my life. Shes a Star wars, Star Trek fanatic along with my brother in law(whos married to my sister) and my husband. When we have family get togethers the 3 of them huddle in the corner and talk their talk and the rest of us have our own conversation. When we went on our 1st disney cruise the 3 of them would talk their computer, Sci Fi, Star War, Star Trek talk and the rest of us just started rolling our eyes at each other saying here we go again. I do go the Star War and Star Trek movies with Andy but I'm not a fanatic like him.

I am a Survivor fanatic though. I love love love Rupert but I do agree that after the merge they will probably vote him off. Last season I would have liked to see Rob from NY win not only because he was from NY but I liked the way he played the game.

We three ladies will have lots to talk about between Disney and
Survivor.

Arlene

jeanneg
10-31-2003, 10:14 AM
I have to disagree with you about Rob (even though I'm actually from NYC myself) He played the game well, but was too much of a conniver for my liking. I kinda favored the 2 old guys (Dutch and ???) but I knew they didn't have a chance. Matteo was so weird, I actually started to like him after a while. My all-time favorite was Ethan.....he had the looks and the integrity!

piglet33
10-31-2003, 10:42 AM
Count us in for the sit down brunch.::yes::

We didn't get to go to the Palo one, because our ressie was one of the ones that had to change, and I couldn't get Haley into Flounders in time. From the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like we missed much and wound up saving the $10 or $15 per person (can't remember which).

I still feel really bad that Ave had to go through all she did with that whole thing. It's not right for that to have happened.:(

We had dinner at Palo one night. I wasn't very thrilled with it, but loved the souffle. I think we will be boycotting Palo too. I'll just have to get souffle to go.:teeth:

@GoofyNut
10-31-2003, 10:55 AM
:earseek: Thread gets dumped after 150 pages ... Guess Penny hasn't been around long enough to see our bunch. :Pinkbounc Look at all the views we get and the amount of PR we generate.
:sunny: Please let us go to at least 2 weeks after cruise.

I'm with the rest of you guys, just didn't want to anger the DCL guys in saying we should boycot the Palo Brunch. Just wondering how we can view the Luminere's Brunch Menu? That is a really great idea and I'm all for it.

Sarah'sMomfrom PA
10-31-2003, 10:58 AM
Just noticed where our 10/11 thread was closed!! Now I really have no where to lurk or post (didn't post on here lately since I am not going on the cruise, didn't feel right posting!!) but we are seriously thinking of doing the 10/02 cruise...just waiting until 1st quarter is over for Sarah to make sure she maintained her grades and I will talk to her Assistant Principal and then take it from there!! If we do go, we want to jump on the bandwagon and link our dinner reservations with Arlene and Nancy and Jeanreg. I will let you know!!

Jeanreg...York is about 1/2 hour from Harrisburg (going south towards Baltimore)--we actually live closer to Bethlehem/Allentown than Nancy....we are about 1 hour from Lehigh and go down there frequently to shop at Lehigh Valley Mall and sometimes we fly out of Allentown. Is your daughter an engineering student?? Mary Jo

cdnmickeylover
10-31-2003, 11:03 AM
Ok should be working but just don't feel like it today -- it's actually quite warm out (relatively speaking) and it's nice and sunny.

Renee -- we'll have to go get the souffle to go every night from Palo -- it was the best part of the meal IMHO.

Jim actually like Star Wars and Star Trek. I like StarWars but wouldn't say I was a fanatic about it.

Survivor I like and have watched them all -- during the first one I hate to admit it but my son was always the last to get picked up from soccer practice because I just couldn't tear myself away from it. Like Rupert this time around and think Jon is a whining idiot. Osten should be embarrassed by his play and I'd be pissed if I was someone who had applied to be on Survivor and seen that Osten took my spot.

Am looking forward to the Survivor when they bring back the winners -- would really like to see Jenna get what she deserves. Boy was I disappointed with that winner.

Can't wait for this cruise.

Fiona

cdnmickeylover
10-31-2003, 11:05 AM
Hi Mary Jo, hope that you do decide to come with us.

Sarah -- keep those marks up!!!

Fiona

ARLO1
10-31-2003, 11:09 AM
Rooting for you Sarah - though I have no doubts....

Hi to all in your household...

Arlene

jeanneg
10-31-2003, 11:17 AM
Yes, I hope you can join us! I remember seeing road signs for York when we do "the drive".....I just couldn't place exactly where.
My daughter is a sophmore and her major is business. She swims for Lehigh and that was actually the deciding factor in why she chose to go there (aside from the fact that she absolutely fell in love with it during her recruitment visit!)

Viking
10-31-2003, 11:38 AM
This is the first time one of my threads got locked:mad:
But I think at nearly 7200 posts and 100,000 views I can live with that. :hyper:
That cruisemeet board is a good idea - We just have to take it over pirate: HeighHoh

@GoofyNut
10-31-2003, 03:07 PM
:crazy: Here I sit with my Minnie Ears on wishing It was October 10th all over again. :crazy: Just explain to me again why it seems like forever getting ready to cruise and WHOOSH the week's over ! (Casual Friday and Halloween = Halloween Shirt with Minnie Ears ... and YES all day! )

Call me crazy but here's my plan ... after I get all the cruise laundry done, re-pack all the clothes I usually only wear on the cruise, check them off on my list and maybe that way I won't overpack again next year....since it's fresh in my mind what I took and didn't need or wear. What do you think? Then maybe if I win the lottery or another cruise (like someone across the pond) I'll be ready at a moments notice!

Well gotta get out of work and be ready for the little darlings wanting their candy ... AshLee will be going crazy trying to get them to make a fuss over her. She dosen't care what kind of halloween outfits they have on!

Hope MaryJo can come ... I'm sure Sarah will be on the honor roll again -- boy is she a nice and smart young lady. Not to mention MaryJo always tries to put a little geography, culture etc into her trips to promote Sarah's education. What better, more fun way is there to learn.

:wave2:

padisneyfan
10-31-2003, 03:07 PM
Jeanne-- What a small world. My DS#1 is a junior at Kutztown University which is right outside of Allentown. You proabley see signs for the Kutztown Festival that they have in July. He is a Electronic Media Major. The KU kids go to Allentown alot to the Lehigh Valley Mall. Also, DS#2 is a sophmore at the other end of Pennsylvania near Pittsburgh at California University of PA. He plays ice hockey.

Mary Jo--- Hope you can join us. How was the Wilderness Lodge?

Mike and Kathy--- Any news yet?

I found the brunch menu on Barb and Tony's websitehttp://www.*****************

Look under Luminer's Key West day, brunch menu is there. She doesn't have Eastern menu but gives you an idea. Hope that helps.

Nancy

bettemom
10-31-2003, 03:23 PM
:tongue:

Honey,if I win the lottery.....I AIN'T packin'...I'm going to go to the ship gift shop and buy all the Tommy Bahama clothes....:teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Bette :crazy:

Sarah'sMomfrom PA
10-31-2003, 03:25 PM
Nancy...I just emailed you about a book signing/free book at our hospital...let me know if you want me to get one for you! Just so you know that the email is from me!!

Thank God for Fridays---pizza night!! Mary Jo

Viking
10-31-2003, 03:26 PM
Folks,
I just sent a mail to everyone who will be on the First Edition of The List - Check it out.

G'Nite

Twinave
10-31-2003, 06:19 PM
Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/Bizkit/pumpking.gif

I did my trip up and down the block with Mary (witch) and Case (ninja). Now Mark is out with them and I get to stay home and answer the door.

I'm getting positive vibes:goodvibes about the brunch at Lumieres. So looks like it's a go. :smooth:
Viking, great intro letter. And thanks for being the list keeper again.
Busy month for me, working lots at my other job. In fact I only have 3 days off all month. But with another cruise to pay for and Christmas coming up it will be all work and no play for awhile.
Later, Ave'

RellingTwin
10-31-2003, 07:35 PM
Locking the thread...I knew about the rule, the gave us a lot of leway because it was such an active thread.I'm not surprised that it was finally closed.

I am back from my 3 mile walk with the kids. DH is now out with them. Why, I don't know, they already have 10 lbs of candy. I think it is sort of like Madi Gra beads!! it's not the beads..it's the fun of getting them!

Star___! Love both Star Teck and Star Wars (and Survivior!)I am also thinking Rurpert will be voted off, but will have to see how the rules change. Very smart of the producers to change the rules!

Eric, thanks for the e-mail...I will send our "bio" soon.

jeanneg...glad to see you "jumping in"! Looking ofrward to meeting you! Where in NY are you from? I grew up in Hicksville L.I.

Brunch...I'm glad you all feel the same way about the Palo brunch. I was with Ave when she had to make the calls to the DIS gang. It was not a happy time! She was pretty upset...after all her hard work...Nuff said...we will get over it, but not make the same mistake again. Brunch at Lumires sounds like a winner!

Cathy (GoofyNut)..I feel the same about DH clothes. I want to just re-pack them!

papa
10-31-2003, 09:54 PM
They had a big SNAFU at the hospital. Kathy's monitor lay on the ER admitting desk until this afternoon. Somebody's **s is in a sling over that. Kathy is doing better as she went to curves for a short while tonight.

We still haven't unpacked the suitcases yet. Just don't want to admit it is over I guess:hyper:

Mike

Viking
11-01-2003, 05:38 AM
SNAFU:confused:
Get well soon, Kathy :wave:

bettemom
11-01-2003, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by Viking
SNAFU:confused:
Get well soon, Kathy :wave:

Hi Eric

Do you need help with SNAFU...

It is a descriptive term meaning

" something or someone messed up and has caused a delay"

Mom & I will forward " bio" info to you this weekend.

Bye, Kim

jeanneg
11-01-2003, 07:28 AM
Nancy: We know it well.....one of Jen's very best friends is a junior at Kutztown (her name is LeeAnn and she is also a swimmer) They were long-time swim buddies from the Ridgewood Y in NJ. Have you been to the Crayola factory? We always say we're gonna do it but never have the time!

Mary: I was born and raised in upper Manhattan (Inwood, to be precise) DH is a Bronx boy. We spent the first 30+ years of our lives there and then moved to Bergen County,NJ when our oldest was 4. We've been in Raleigh for almost 5 years now and LOVE it.
We still try to come back a few times a year and get our NY fix!

Hey, I just realized everyone at our planned dinner table has matching initials with their mate.....MaryJo, any chance your hubby is a Mike or Marty?!!

Viking
11-01-2003, 12:22 PM
We just saw the primetime news and nearly laughed our bu**s off, when they sent that piece about the guy in New York who got stuck in a railway-toilet and blocked the track causing major delays until they could free him.:hyper:

Bette: I'd like to have the exact wording - If it isn't consistent with teh posting rules, please mail it ;)

papa
11-01-2003, 01:43 PM
Hello everyone,

Talked with the head honcho at the hospital and he admitted that the moniter had laid around the ER desk since Tuesday afternoon. The Cardiology Dept had been called several times to pick it up but it never was. Someone is pretty mad about this mix up and there will be heads a-rolling come Monday. He told me that he knew where the "ball was dropped" and he is fixing it Monday.

Was supposed to hear from the reading today but the office is closed and the doctor who is on call is not my favorite. I guess no news is good news but I just am so shortwinded all of a sudden. Doc. told me to cut out caffine and I swear that made me feel worse! :confused:

I am sure Mike will be able to cruise if I kick the bucket. ;) He will own parts of the Cardiology Dept. and Summitt Hospital. I am sure I'll be fine. I just don't understand how this all happened all of a sudden.

Took all morning and got the suitcases unloaded and clothes are lying all over the bed. The suitcases can now go out to the barn. I didn't repack cruise clothes because living in the south, we can wear most of them all winter too!:cool:

Take care, I am thinking of taking a page out of Andy and Jim's book and get my own identy, maybe...

Kathy

It is November 1st! Only 11 months until we meet at the Radisson! I hope over the next few months Mike and I can practice diving so we can go scuba diving with Eric and Anja next year. We have the YMCA Certification, not PADI. Eric, Anja, do you know what S.C.U.B.A. stands for? Some Come Up Barely Alive:teeth:

See you all in 11 months.

papa
11-01-2003, 01:47 PM
FYI. It is 1:45 p.m. here and the temp is 76 degrees F. Tomorrow it will be 80. See?

Take care, Kathy

Viking
11-01-2003, 03:40 PM
FYI, it's 1030pm over here and it's 38F :( and we haven't seen the sun for a week :mad: But for tomorrow the forecast promises fair weather with temps in 50ies - Meaning zat ze crazeeh German will drive wiz ze top down :teeth:

You know that we Germans love punctuality, but being early can really make our day: The List's Issue #1 is in your mailboxes - Check it out!!!
Mike: Please no jokes about the German wifes not liking us to be early - You will only scare off our new friends :hyper: pirate:

Kathy,
PixieDust to you and please be careful:wave:

jeanneg
11-01-2003, 04:25 PM
Ha-ha, I'm chuckling to myself because I just read Eric's cruise list letter and the comment about being 90 minutes from Charlotte.
Just for the record, THERE IS NO AUTOBAHN IN NORTH CAROLINA!
It's more like 3 to 4 hours apart depending what part of each city one is traveling from. But it's still a managable distance....

And since everyone is talking about the weather, we hit the low-eighties today.......far too warm for this time of year!

Twinave
11-01-2003, 04:53 PM
Yup, That's why the Germans are always on time. No speed limit!!!
http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/xerx/MODhappychevelle2.gif
Ave'

papa
11-01-2003, 06:23 PM
Cruisetoberfest III Antigua or Bust. Just one suggestion for a motto. Mike

Viking
11-02-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by jeanneg
Ha-ha, I'm chuckling to myself because I just read Eric's cruise list letter and the comment about being 90 minutes from Charlotte.
Just for the record, THERE IS NO AUTOBAHN IN NORTH CAROLINA!
It's more like 3 to 4 hours apart depending what part of each city one is traveling from. But it's still a managable distance....

And since everyone is talking about the weather, we hit the low-eighties today.......far too warm for this time of year!

OOOPS,
perhaps the problem is not the lack of Autobahnen, but the number of cops:jester:
3-4 hours: Anja's DM&DD live about 375 miles North of Frankfurt and our record is slightly under 4 hours, average time is 5 hours.
In about 8-10 hours one can cross our country North to South and in about 5 East to West.

I just looked Charlotte-Raleigh up on my RandMcNally: You obviously can't drive as the crow flies, you have to go in a kind of arc on I85, which should be about 160-180 miles - And you really would need the Autobahn to make that in under 2 hours.

Hygiene99
11-02-2003, 08:06 AM
Eric , Thank u for the list...........

I also noticed that the following people said they r going
and Should get in touch with Eric / viking ...
To have name added to list.......

KMOVIES PG 2 OF THIS THREAD
CHATTY PG 2
DISNEY GO GO GAL PG. 3
MICHELEMOUSE PG. 9
TIGER24 PG. 8
DREZ PG. 3
1971 VISITOR
ERIC HAS A EMAIL ADDRESS TO SEND YOUR INFO. TO antiguaorbust@yahoo.com

SEE ABOVE POST FOR THE LINK.... U CAN CLICK TO SEND INFO.....

Viking
11-02-2003, 10:30 AM
I got 200:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :yo-yo:

Viking
11-02-2003, 10:33 AM
Thanks, Peter!!

jeanneg
11-02-2003, 11:30 AM
but I'm going to throw you a monkey wrench: although my address is legally Raleigh, we are geographically separated from the city proper and reside in an "annexed" portion of Raleigh which is physically situated inside the town of Wake Forest -- about 20 miles (25-30 minutes, with cops!) northeast of the city center which is what they use to calculate distance. Check that out in your Rand-McNally!

Viking
11-02-2003, 12:54 PM
Got it: It's at the Intersection of ALT1 and and 98/Durham Road.
BTW, is Raleigh named after Sir Walter? If I remember it correctly he tried to colonize the Roanoke Islands.

jeanneg
11-02-2003, 01:11 PM
Yes, to both! Again, I'm very impressed!

Viking
11-02-2003, 01:29 PM
Hi Folks,

please welcome Michelemouse and her family to our jolly bunch of cruisers. Michele was "silently" cruising with us on Cruisetoberfest2 as she had a lot of family obligations then.
I'll do another update next weekend and hope that the people listed by Peter will get in contact with me until then.
As some of you already contacted me with "Non-List"-business using our cruisemail here one plea: Please use the Cruisemail-account for addition or changes to the list only, for everything else use my regular adress as provided on The List. There are several reasons for this: First, I check my AOL-account more often than the Yahoo-account established for the cruise. Second, the Yahoo-account has very limited storage capacity, because it is a free account. And third, I want to be able to keep an overview of the incoming mails.
Please don't get me wrong: I really enjoy exchanging mails with all of you and I'm looking forward to getting and sending many more until we finally meet (again).
OK, now it's TV-time: Shanghai Noon just started.

See Y'all

Viking
11-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by jeanneg
Yes, to both! Again, I'm very impressed!
I modestly bow my had and gladly accept your praise ::yes::

Twinave
11-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Hi Everyone,
Long weekend for me. And back to job #1 tomorrow. Just sitting back having a rum drink, from my on board purchase, and dreaming of next year. Also planning on watching the Capt. Marvin video again.DH took the kids out on the boat today. They saw a lot of stingrays, but not near the size of the ones in Grand Cayman. They didn't catch any fish, so it's Kentucky Fried Chicken tonight. pirate:
Kathy, I hope you are doing OK. Please stay well. And do what the docs tell you to do. I KNOW thats hard for nurses to do.:goodvibes But try!:teeth:
Still no bill/statement from Disney. Maybe they forgot about me.:rotfl: :rotfl:
Later, Ave'

padisneyfan
11-02-2003, 05:54 PM
It was a beautiful day in Central Pa, with temperature 74 degrees this afternoon. I had to get a pair of shorts out. Poor Norm was out blowing the leaves down to the curb, but as fast as he was blowing they were falling. When he turned around, behind him was covered with leaves. He finally just gave up.

We went out to visit DS#2 on Saturday and watched his hockey game. His team won 8-4. So, he had his second win of the season in goal. It was just a long day as we did not get home until after midnight. I just hate that drive back at night. We are going back out in 2 weeks and spend the weekend as he will have three games.

Cathy--- I would have just loved to put all my clothes back in the suitcase after I unpacked. This year I had it nearly right and was not over packed. The only extra outfit I had that I did not wear was another formal dress. Otherwise, I had just the right amount of clothing. Only did laundry one time on Friday morning, before we went out to Castaway Cay. We beat Fionne and Jim to the washers. Now if I can just remember that for next year.

Jeanne--- We have never been to the Crayola factory either. It is one of those things on my list to do sometime, but never seems to get done. However, DS has been there with some of his friends. It is a small world since your DDs best friend goes to KU. I didnt catch that at our table all of our mates and us have the same first initial. However, Mary Jo husband is Sam, but maybe we can make him a Mike or Mark for the week.

Kathy--- Please take care and I hope everything will be ok. So sorry about the delay, I know how waiting can be nerve racking. Lots of pixie dust your way.

I see we have a significant number of health professional again in our group.

Have to go get dinner on the table. Norm wanted Pork and Sauerkraut for dinner. To me that is more for a cooler day, but made it anyway. Good hearty German meal for dinner.

Nancy

jeanneg
11-02-2003, 06:14 PM
we'll just have to call him Mr. Sam!

Sarah'sMomfrom PA
11-02-2003, 07:38 PM
jeanneg...actually, I will be the odd man out..both my husband (Sam) and my daughter (Sarah) share an "S" first name...guess I am the odd man out.

padisneyfan (Nancy)...have to tell you that Sarah was ROTFL when she saw your post about Carlos and Charlies with your son and dancing on the table...she said to me, mom, you would never embarrass me like that would you..she thought for a minute then said, naw, with your bad knee, you couldn't get up on the table!!!

I am going to call DVC next week after report cards and will let you know. Mary Jo

padisneyfan
11-02-2003, 07:44 PM
we'll just have to call him Mr. Sam! LOL

Then we will need to do Miss Sarah for MaryJo's daughter.

I'm calling tomorrow to make my reservations since it will be 11 months out for DVC reservations.

Mike--- I see we are already starting with getting milestone posts. I still wish our 11/10 thread wasn't closed so we could have gotten 7200. I did get 7100 while everyone was traveling to get to the Port.

I did manage to shampoo all my rugs today that I didn't get a chance to do before the cruise. Now I can say that is my holiday cleaning. The stores and malls are already decorated for Christmas. The start earlier each year.

Next weekend is the big Dept 56 open house. I see that Disney and Dept 56 are now in partnership again and there are new Disney houses for 2003. Their was Dept 56 Disney village a few years ago and then Disney and Dept 56 had a falling out. They must have kissed and made up because there is a new line out this year. Just what I need more Dept 56 houses. I started with Dickens Village like 10 years ago and now 30 some houses later, I have tried to cut back and not buy anymore. However, did buy 3 Halloween pieces this year. Now will have to check out the Disney line, maybe Norm can buy some for my Christmas gift.

Nancy

padisneyfan
11-02-2003, 07:48 PM
Mary Jo--- You will just have to get up on the stage and dance instead of the table. In May, we plan to do a family cruise on Mariner of the Seas so will have both sons with me so can embrass both sons. Isn't that what parents are suppose to do.

Nancy

jeanneg
11-02-2003, 07:53 PM
OK, we'll just change Mary Jo to St. Mary! That should keep her well-behaved at Carlos and Charlie's!

RellingTwin
11-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Hi, Gang! We are back from our camping trip. This is my favorite time of year to camp. Cool enough to have a fire going, but warm enough that you don't freeze your butt off at night.

The North and South Carolina cruisers should get together sometime in the next year. Charlotte is about 3 hours from Charleston.

I found out today that my SIL and her family will be cruising on the NCL out of Charleston in Feb. going to KW, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I told her all about our Cozumel snorkeling trip and she is going to look into booking with them.

papa
11-02-2003, 10:30 PM
Hi gang we are doing OK here, although we are still waiting on the results of Kathy's halter monitor.

Hope that everyone has a good week and stays healthy. Mary Jo Kathy and I hope that yall will be able to join us. Sorry that we did not spend more time together on the last cruise. I have a thank you card for you for the gifts for Katie and our basket, but haven't gotten it in the mail yet.

The sit down brunch at Lumeries sounds like to way to go since the people at Palo's are getting too snooty for their own britches. :boat:

Mike

Viking
11-03-2003, 02:48 AM
MaryJo,
I have to send you the List!! I forgot to put you in the adressbook, because I just copied the names from the mails sent to me. Your info I just took over from the old List as I rembered that you posted about being probably with us again.
I'll do it tonight.

Sarah'sMomfrom PA
11-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Eric...don't put us on the list yet as we haven't booked yet...still waiting to see how the report card goes for this quarter...thinks she did ok with everything but is afraid of algebra...seems everyone in the class is doing about the same as her so it will be interesting to see how parent conferences go!! As I am not a mom who is a shrinking violet, it might be interesting!! She really doesn't like her algebra teacher (personality wise) but she claims he is a good teacher!!!

Foggy as heck here today...supposed to be high 60's though so we will take the fog..not bad for November 3rd!!

bettemom
11-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Mary-Jo...check your PM.......

Morning Everyone....Rainy,but mild for November....:hyper:

:wave:

Sarah'sMomfrom PA
11-03-2003, 08:22 AM
Actually, jeanneg, I was well behaved at Carlos and Charlies...I was the only one at our table not drinking (besides Sarah)...the waiter looked at me rather weird when I ordered diet coke for me and Coke for Sarah...Sarah thought the place was strange and since she had never been in a place like that before, thought it was even more reason not to drink when they literally carried a young girl out of the bar who was almost comatose..she lost her shoes while the waiter was carrying her out and they dumped her into a cab!!! The best ones though were the couple who missed their Carnival ship (even after several blasts of the Carnival horn!!) and went running out of the bar wondering where their ship had gone!! I understand that they did catch up with the ship eventually but had left all of their stuff behind in the bar!!! Never made it to Senor Frogs so we'll have to do that next trip to Cozumel!! I kidded the group at our table that I was the designated driver..someone had to be able to find their way to the ship!! have a great Monday!!

piglet33
11-03-2003, 08:40 AM
Good morning everyone.

Well, it's supposed to be a very nice 79 degrees here today. Very warm for November. It's already 68 degrees now.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween.

Eric - thanks for the list.

jeanneg
11-03-2003, 08:46 AM
Yes, Carlos and Charlie's was quite a place. John and I only lasted about 10 minutes.....just long enough to down our margaritas......but even in that short amount of time we saw more than we ever imagined! On the one hand, I was very glad our 18- and 19-yr old were too tired from the Tulum trip to accompany us, but on the other, it would have been a good experience for them to see how totally out of control too much alcohol can make you. I bet your daughter will never forget it! That's a funny story about the couple missing the boat......I bet it happens more often anyone would care to acknowledge.
Jeanne

ARLO1
11-03-2003, 08:51 AM
From what I hear later in the night they have wheelchairs(or something to that effect) waiting to take people back to their boats.

Arlene

cdnmickeylover
11-03-2003, 10:59 AM
Ok, it's Monday which means that it's cold and rainy here. Was lovely on Friday but the temp sunk on the weekend. It's been raining since yesterday afternoon off and on and it's supposed to continue for the next few days.

Saturday we raked 10 bags of leaves and still will have more to do when the trees finally lose all their leaves. Saturday night we went to a wedding reception in a town 1.5 hours from here. It was actually quite nice. We tried to make the wedding on Wednesday night but got caught in traffic and so were in the car for 3 hours with nothing to show for it. :D

The groom was somebody that Jim had taken a scout training course with and has known for 12/13 years. I've met the groom a couple of times at Gilwell. The bride we met for the first time Saturday night but she seems very, very nice.

For the wedding cake which was very pretty they had 3 layers, white, chocolate and fruitcake. People were actually eating the fruitcake -- anyone out there like fruitcake?? I personally can't stand it. We used to get one every Christmas which would sit lonely and then get frozen cause nobody liked it. Couldn't figure out why my mother actually got one every year but it was tradition. Finally tossed all the fruitcake out of the freezer and it's no longer a Christmas tradition.

Today at work the week hasn't started out well. My secretary's computer is toast although they are hoping to get it fixed and back this afternoon. She uses a computer program that only part of is located on the network which was discovered this morning. I have clients coming to sign documents this afternoon but we don't have the documents from the bank yet -- turns out someone at the bank was sick Friday and nobody bothered to look at his desk for stuff that might be urgent. The bank isn't concerned of course and is supposed to call me by 1pm to tell me when I can expect the documents. Urgh.

The weather suits my mood. :D

Ok well it's less than 11 months now though!!!!

Fiona

@GoofyNut
11-03-2003, 11:07 AM
Carlos & Charlie's .... It sounds like another good reason for a name tag - at least they would know where to send the "body".

Weather is really nice this morning ... note I said morning. Seems that when the weather is nice, give it a minute. I did a bunch of laundry yesterday and put it on the clothesline and voila rain.

Hockey Nancy ... thanks, I found the Brunch menu and it looks better and better all the time.

Well it was nice to day dream for a few minutes ... now back to work and reality.

Viking
11-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Too late, MaryJo. But you're set on status RED, which means that you intend to cruise, but have not booke yet. This way you stay informed and perhaps have can use it for motivation purposes ;)
But if you want to be removed, just say so.

I just sent the first update, have fun with it.
So far obviously nobody needs a PDF and I can send the List as a Word.doc only.

padisneyfan
11-03-2003, 01:11 PM
We're booked

I called DVC this am and booked us for Cat. 7. Have Room 6638. All the downgraded cat 6 rooms are gone. I had a choice of rooms on Deck 5, 6 or 7. I like Deck 6 and the location of the room. Now am points poor for 2004 and had to borrow points from 2005. I still have some point left in 2005 to use for the next cruise. Plus I don't mind borrowing, I doubt if I will be leaving the nursing home in my 90's to go on DCL.

Fionne--- I can relate to the bad start on Monday. I was to teach a class this morning at 8am. I had used my slides on Wednesday and the other nurse keep them with her stuff so we would have them this morning. So isn't she sick today and at first no one knew where she put the things. Eventually, they were found but delayed my presentation for about an hour. Thank heavens it was all part of a 2 hour program so others did their part and then I just did mine later. I thought of your son when I saw an OJ commerical this morning, that the Mom couldn't get him up and next shot shows a heavy metal band singing in his room.

Jeanne-- I am such a people watcher that I could just sit in Carlos and Charlies and watch all the things going on. However, they do have great pina colada and strawberry daiquiri . What amazed my son was that it wasn't young people in there drinking, that it was middle aged people. I think the young people don't come out until much later at night.

Cathy--- Yes a name tag would be helpful to get you back to your ship. I see that my new name has now moved to the boards "Hockey Nancy" I guess I should use that in my signature.

Well, I better get back to work.

Hockey Nancy::MinnieMo

cdnmickeylover
11-03-2003, 03:04 PM
The afternoon has gone a bit better than the morning. Documents have arrived for the clients to sign at 5pm. My secretary now has a new/different computer but she's having trouble with the computer program that she does most of her work on. She can access old files but it won't let her open a new file. She also doesn't have the registration computer program on her computer yet so she's used mine this afternoon. Computers are great when they work but when they don't???

Have one file that has to be finished before I leave today so I won't be getting out of here early. It's complicated and confusing and I need quiet to do it so haven't been able to get that yet today.

Must go and finish up another file so that I can get to the one I have to complete today.

Still raining and icky and now it gets dark early to boot.

Fiona

Hygiene99
11-03-2003, 03:18 PM
PADISNEYFAN we r almost next door to each other we have one of the down graded rooms 6634

Mr.Karaoke
11-03-2003, 05:04 PM
It was a nice sunny day today here on Long Island 70's blue skys. I wish that we could have everyday like today.

Just Rememeber:

To Err is Human, to really foul things up requires a computer :confused:

Just keep saying over and over " I am going on the Disney Cruise, I am going on the Disney Cruise".

If that does'nt work just think about going to Carlos & Charlies for a liquid lunch.

Cheers

Andy

cdnmickeylover
11-03-2003, 06:43 PM
As I sit here still at work (it's 7:45pm) -- am going on an all day seminar tomorrow so have a number of things that have to get done beforehand -- I'm looking at my Mickey cruise beanies chanting -- it's only 11 months, it's only 11 months. You CAN survive 11 months.

I actually told the lawyer who covers for me the dates for next year and he's marked them in his calendar. He said I couldn't go away again this year as he's going to go away soon -- he actually teaches at the local college so I know he won't go away til Christmas when he has about a month off once he finishes marking exams. I said that was fine but next October is mine. :D

Just wish I could click my heels three times and be there!

Fiona

Twinave
11-03-2003, 06:50 PM
A friend/co-worker came into work today. And I just so happened to have all my cruise pictures with me.:cool1: I also had a bunch of Navigators and other info that she asked me to get her. While we were talking the boss says "so when are you planning to go on your cruise?" and she says "Maybe I'll go next Oct. when Ave' is going". Yikes!:scared1: (Did I mention that I haven't told my boss that I booked yet?) Well, she knows now.:p
Got to run, dinner is ready!
Later, Ave'

Cheese Please
11-03-2003, 09:18 PM
We went to visit DD for Parent's Weekend at the University of Delaware. They played the University of Maine in football that weekend. If you remember Gary Delana's Rockin Bar D show he makes some jokes about the University of Delaware's mascot....the Fighting Blue Hen. Gary went to UDEL. Not sure whether he graduated or not before going into show biz. But dispite the jokes the Blue Hens are undefeated this season and ranked number 2 in the NCAA Division I-AA.

Well the weather was hot and we sweltered through the first half where U Maine outscored the Hens 21 to zip.....opps....did we JINKS the Hens???

About half way through the 3rd quarter the Hens scored their first touch down. With 1:34 left in the game they scored their 3rd touchdown to tie the score 21 to 21. The game went into over time and after blocking a University of Maine fieldgoal attempt the kicked a fieldgoal to win 24 to 21.....WOW....what a nail bitter. The people seating in front of us left at half time and missed all of the excitement.

We had a nice visit with DD and took her out to dinner and Brunch on Sunday. The weather was fantastic for November.

With my Green Bay Packers upsetting the Vikings on Sunday night, it was a GREAT Day for Football in the Cheese Please household.

Dave

padisneyfan
11-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Peter--- You were one of the lucky one's to get a downgraded room. They were all gone this morning. I think on the 10/11 cruise most of the navigator staterooms were from our group. Maybe the person between our rooms with be with the Cruisetoberfest III.

Another beautiful day in PA, in the high 70's. I think we are to have warm weather for 2 more days, then rain and cooler. Most of the leaves are now off the neighbor's tree that all falls on our driveway. So maybe tomorrow we can blow them out and the front can stay relatively leave free.

Hockey Nancy ::MinnieMo

padisneyfan
11-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Dave--- Sounds like an exciting football game. At least they can come from behind and win, not like Penn State who can't even win a game in the last 6 games. Most have been the weekend to visit children at college since we did the same thing.

Nancy

RellingTwin
11-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Fair warning everyone, my introductions and Bios are on are the way. I used the plural because I sent it at LEAST 4 times! I'm not sure what happened but my computer froze up when I hit "send". I tried a few things (including hitting "send" a few more times) but it would not work. I finally just copied and pasted the whole thing on another e-mail. Since I copyed the address from Eric and Anja's bio I got a copy myself (or rather 4 copies!)
Sorry about that!
Dave (CheesePlease) you were spared the deluge of e-mails! For some reason yours came back as undeliverable???
I'll take this as a sign I need some sleep!:eek:

piglet33
11-04-2003, 07:28 AM
I called DCL to ask about my copy of our stateroom charges and was told they would send me a copy but it would take at least 3 weeks. Since so many people are having problems with "extra" charges, I wasn't happy about that.

So I wrote to DCL to tell them about some problems that we had with our stateroom and to tell them that I never received our stateroom charges. Boy was I surprised when I got a response the next day. Of course they apologized for the room, but they also said that they printed our charges out and mailed them to me that day. Well, I received it yesterday. It only took 2 days for me to get it instead of the 3 weeks that I was told on the phone. Now that's Customer Service! Anyway, the good news is it looks like all the charges on there are mine so no calling up and complaining for me. I only have to pay the bill.:eek:

Here's the email address in case anyone needs it: dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com

Renee'

bettemom
11-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Good Morning Friends, :wave:

Okay,:( brace yourselves.....Kim will be posting within the next 24 hours about our 'saga'.:chat: .....Not a fun time......

Bette

Sarah'sMomfrom PA
11-04-2003, 11:23 AM
piglet33..I also never got my statement from DCL under the door and I called and just received mine in the mail yesterday and unfortunately, the charges are mine!!

Another beautiful day in Pennsylvania...we are supposed to hit 70 degrees today and then turn cold over the next few days..oh well...too bad it can't stay this nice until April.

Nancy..padisneyfan...was so nice to talk to you today...I might make a trip down to the Christmas show in Harrisburg so maybe we could get together for dinner and it would give me an excuse to bring the book down to you!!

Mr. Karaoke...your cover is blown...I was on the boards last night and Sarah walks in and said "Oh, I see that Andy is posting now!!"

My boss decided because it is so nice today that he may have to do a little "turf inspection and management" which in lay man's terms means that he is planning on golfing this afternoon!!

bettemom
11-04-2003, 11:37 AM
Hi Guys, This is Kim here with the final answer from Disney over our " minor inconvenience"

For those who look at this chat group and were not aware of what occurred I will give this synopsis.

Almost 14 months prior to the 10/11/03 cruise I booked porthole room cat. 9 which was changed to a cat. 10 by Disney. We normally would have been in a cat. 11 due to $$$ but with onboard savings and the fact that this room was available we snapped it up. After a very difficult and hard year for our family we were so excited to look forward to having a porthole room, seeing daylight and thoughts about decorating our cabin with the porthole. About October 7th I called DCL to confirm some dinner reservations links with other cruisers and gave them our cabin # & reservation #, Disney says you are all set with no mention to me of any cabin troubles.

We arrived at the port for check-in and were the 2nd in line. The reservation agent asks if I new we assigned a new cabin ?, no I knew nothing about a cabin change. She gave me the new number and as fast as she could got me out of the registration area. Now most of us assume when Disney changes your cabin you have been given an upgrade. We thought the same, so while waiting in line we check a friends passporter book and lo and behold we are in an inside cabin about as far forward you can go on the ship.

At this point boarding is starting so I immediately go to guest services and explain that this is a problem, 3-4 cast members later I have a member of management listening to our problems about the room change, Disney states that my travel agent was notified of the change the day that I called DCL reservations myself. After several hours I pretty much had a meltdown over the whole issue of cabin rooms. We were told to go to the cabin we were now assigned and after the ship was boarded they would see if we could be moved, of course 1st cruise after drydock no cabins are to be had.

I immediately called my travel agent who has heard nothing from DCL about our porthole cabin being out of service due to mechanical problems, when DCL was pushed to show us proof that they notified my travel agent of the cabin change they then backed down and said to her that they " dropped the ball" and forgot to notify her. At this point nothing can be done on the ship according the manager I spoke with, and who dealt with my family the whole week, all decisions for compensation for the DCL error/change will come from stateside after we return home. Please keep in mind no one in my family was ranting/screaming or demanding anything from Disney, however I did say that I hoped Disney would step up to the plate and credit back to us the money difference between the 2 cabin categories as we would not have ever been in a larger cabin without a porthole. It was inferred to me by a DCL manager that this would not be an issue with Disney.

In support of the manager Sonja from DCL, she was a charming woman who dealt with us as well as she could, but the most she could accomplish was to get us dinner reservations at Palos ( by the time we went to get reservations after the cabin fiasco all were gone) and have daily a fruit plate, cake plate or other food treats sent to the cabin. That was nice of her and it was the thought that counts, but honestly, I could have called room service myself and had the same items delivered.

Now I am sure some people are saying so what is the big deal here??? If the cabin was out of service for mechanical problems then DCL should not be held accountable. The reasons that Disney should be held accountable are the following:

1) Disney lied about notify the parties involved, myself & my travel agent of the cabin change.They admitted that they dropped the ball and did not notify the parties involved.
2 ) If the cabin we had been assigned originally went out of service at the last second or days prior to our cruise then at the least a manager should have been on hand in the terminal to explain the problem to us, and not leave it with a reservation clerk in the terminal who acted like, who hoo you have a new cabin, (can we infer upgrade here !!!) and quick get this guest out of the check-in line.
3) Well the cabin that we were told was out of service for mechanical reasons had someone staying in it the week of the cruise, I called the cabin myself and checked. I even have the persons name who was occupying the cabin we should have been in.

Too many little things just did not add up, and you could not get a straight answer from DCL reservations, Reservation agents at the terminal, and the onboard castmembers. Why was someone else staying in a cabin that was supposed to be closed down for mechanical problems ?? I have a fantastic travel agent named Beci, and she and I were in contact daily over the course of the cruise. When I was told something it went right to Beci also. After we returned home Beci then took on Disney over the cabin foul -up and yesterday I received Disney's reply ...

Finally Kim got to the point ....

Disney's official answer is ( drum roll ) too bad . They are sorry that I was confused about which cabin we would be in, how was I confused ? all my documentation and reservation forms had that porthole cabin number written on them. The customer service department who sent this joke of a letter hoped I enjoyed the stateroom gift I was sent, NOT ! we received no stateroom gift from Disney what so ever. They stated once again the cabin was not available for mechanical problems ( then why the h*** was someone staying in that cabin?) and how they rarely have to take a cabin out of service .. bla bla bla.... Finally, they quoted word for word the dimensions, bed configuration of the cabins to show that we were given the same type of cabin, WRONG, no porthole.

So guys will we cruise again, you bet, next October 2nd with some of the best people. If it were not for the support of many of you on that trip :grouphug: I seriously gave thought to getting off and going home in those first 36 lousy hours. Right from the beginning I told you we demanded nothing and expected nothing from Disney and guess what we got NOTHING... Are we disappointed, not really since all along this is what we expected to hear. My travel agent is taking this much worse than us, she knew some of what has happened to our family over the past year and knew how much we counted on the special
" treat" of a porthole room. So my parting advise to everyone is do not count on your cabin assignment being final until you are in the cabin with the door locked behind you... See you all soon..

Bye, Kim

@GoofyNut
11-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Mr Karaoke (I mean Andy) ... love your name and little sax guy.
We'll be in NYC on Saturday with MaryJo and Sarah doing a bus
trip and Radio City Christmas Show. Hope the weather will be nice.

Renee ... was that Haley's Halloween Costume? Love it!

Dave ... Too bad you couldn't E-mail Gary Delana and tell him about the UDEL win. He's a really nice guy if you get to talk to him when he's not on stage.

Hockey Nancy ... Our house is not talking about PSU at all this year for obvious reasons ... geez already.

OMG ... Bette & Kim .... is there anything we can do to help your cause - like be witness to all the stress they caused you guys.
Please tell Kim to keep happy memories in her mind when she gets that "choke the **** out of DCL" feeling.

Fiona ... Boy work reality really stinks doesn't it! I know what you mean.

:crazy: Ave / Mary - Sure is hard to keep the Cat in the Bag when it comes to talking about the next cruise. They gave up at my job and just ask "OK, what dateis your next DCL cruise?"

BTW ... If we booked thru DU last cruise (10-11-03) were we to get a shipboard credit? Someone mentioned they got one...we didn't.

:wave2: Gotta get back to work reality ... darn it!

piglet33
11-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Kim and Bette - We are so sorry to hear that Disney did this. :( Did you tell them that you knew that someone else was staying in that room? That is just horrible that this happened. We are very glad that you two are not letting this keep you from cruising :boat: with us next year. Our table would not be the same without you guys. :grouphug:

Renee'

ARLO1
11-04-2003, 11:53 AM
kim:

I'm so sorry for all that you went through but can I ask 1 question- was there a difference in price between the 2 rooms(I would think there was between an inside stateroom and a porthole room) and did disney at least reimburse that back to you??

I think disney could have at least offered some type of additional compensation to you and yours. Every one thinks disney is the all mighty genereous g-d, but its still definetely a business and they do treat it as such.

Arlene

Sarah'sMomfrom PA
11-04-2003, 12:38 PM
OMG..Kim and Bette...can't believe that Disney dropped the ball on this one...like you said, it wasn't that you were demanding or expecting anything but it would have been the right thing for Disney to do in light of the circumstances...especially since there obviously was someone staying in the room that had mechanical problems (maybe Disney thinks that we are stupid..dah...the mechanics were staying in there!!)--definitely feel that you should send a letter higher up to the head of the cruise line....I'm sure you will get nothing out of it except your satisfaction. I'm sure someone could provide you with a name (that's why these boards are so useful!!)--Might also be helpful to post this thread somewhere else on the cruise board so that everyone and not just us reads it. Disney should at very least offer you the difference in price. We knew how upset you were at the Topsiders buffet and felt so bad for you.

I also was disappointed in alot of little details on this cruise but the great people we cruised with made up for it. I had ordered a stateroom gift for Sarah (the mickey pearls which are really nice) and would only tell her that she was getting a stateroom gift--at 6:00 pm, I finally went to Guest Services because I was charged on my Visa for the pearls the minute I put the order in...to make a long story short, pearls never arrived until 7:00 p.m.!! I thought the idea of a stateroom gift was to have it in the stateroom when we arrived (especially since it was in port since Friday due to dry dock).

jeanniec
11-04-2003, 12:58 PM
Eric -- Thanks for the list. As for seating, I assume L is for late dinner, but what does M stand for? We're looking for tablemates, but I'm not sure exactly where to look. It was interesting to see that we have 7 nurses (including myself) out of 20 cabins on the initial list (35%). Wonder if there is any significance to that?? Also, a doctor and dental hygienist, too, so far. What a medically inclined group! Hope you enjoyed Shanghai Noon.

jeanneg -- nice to know that there will be some other North Carolinians aboard. Are you flying or driving? We haven't decided yet -- hate the drive, but it's so much easier to have them just take our luggage out of the trunk at the port instead of trying to get it on the airport bus.

RellingTwin -- Good idea about the NC and SC cruisers getting together some time next year. Also, I will be curious to find out what your SIL thinks of her NCL cruise out of Charleston. We did a Celebrity cruise out of Charleston last December. It was great to be able to drive just a couple of hours to be at the port. Very nice cruise, too. I'm more comfortable on Disney, tho. I guess that's because we have been Disneyholics for years. WE're DVC owners, too. Back to the NCL cruise, I looked into that, but my TA basically talked us out of it. She said the ship going out of Charleston was very old and she wouldn't recommend it. The fact that they had no verandahs (even in the suites) made up our mind not to go. I wonder if they will have a new cruise line using the Charleston port every year?

This board is great. Makes the wait much easier, knowing that there are so many others anxiously awaiting our departure next October.

Viking
11-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Jeanniec,
"M" stands for Main Seating, the early munchtime session ;)
BTW, there's even more medical personnel in our group: Before I went into the aviation business I was a professional paramedic and I'm still a volunteer instructor at our ambulance service. Next year will be my 25th year in that field. I started it as a volunteer when I was 15, became a pro at 21 and returned to volunteer status at 30.

Viking
11-04-2003, 01:13 PM
Kim & Bette,
sorry to hear about your trouble. When we heard about DCL not being able to give deliver the balance-sheet to our stateroom we went to guest services after the immigration ordeal at 6am and had it printed. They did it immediately and everything was perfect to the last cent. I usually write down all our expenses in the evening und add it up then. This way I just have to check the total and only have to go into details when there are differences.
Nevertheless the told us that we will have a statement sent to our homeadress - We're still waiting for it.

piglet33
11-04-2003, 01:20 PM
yes, this is Haley on Halloween. She was a pink poodle and loved every minute of it. She is walking like crazy now and has been ever since we got home from the cruise. Boy is it fun trying to keep up with her!

jeanneg
11-04-2003, 02:07 PM
Kim and Bette: so sorry about all your trouble. I'm just learning of the situation right now, but from what you posted, it sure doesn't seem that Disney treated you fairly....maybe someone needs a dose of their own pixie-dust. I would send a nice little letter to a higher authority and see what happens.
BTW, thanks so much for forwarding the photos. I have very poor dial-up service and so had a great deal of difficulty opening them up so I've been doing it a little at a time. Those I've seen so far are great!

Jeannie: For the October cruise, we're definitely flying. There's only so much time DH can take from work and so I anticipate we won't leave until Friday evening and then just stay overnight at the MCO Hyatt. We're also sailing in August with all (or at least 3)
of our kids and for that trip we'll drive down. All 6 of us can take some time at the wheel so it'll be easy. I am the absolute super-queen of packing light so luggage is never really an issue.

We did not plan to do 2 cruises less than 2 months apart. The rates for October if you booked on the ship were so good that DH and I decided to take a little honeymoon. Then we found out that many of our friends from the 7/5/03 Western had rebooked for 8/7/04. Ultimately, they convinced us to make the reservation "just in case...." Afterall, we could always cancel. Now, I am emotionally involved with both sailings and decided, what the heck, we'll bite the bullet in other areas and do both. Unfortunately, we will probably not be able to cruise again in 2005, but I'm not going to think about that now. Who knows, maybe I'll end up becoming a Mouseketeer also......

papa
11-04-2003, 07:17 PM
First of all, I am not a cardiac nurse. Bear with me...I have PVC"s and PAC's. Why? I don't know. My family practice doctor said that I could have been having them all my life and they are just now showing up. That is wrong. I had heart surgery several years ago for a problem and that never was addressed. I had to ask him for a Cardiology consult because this was where it was going to end. ?????????What is it with my doctor?

PVC is "Premature ventricular contraction" and a PAC is a "Premature Atrical (?) contraction.

That is that.

Hope everyone has a nice night and nice day tomorrow. The leaves are falling all over the place here. We wait for the wind to blow them away and it always does.:teeth:

I am so sorry about the way your room was taken away from you. Kim and Bette I am looking forward to sailing with you and Minnie next year. "Give them H ll" At least a letter to a higher up.

Take care, Kathy with a K