PDA

View Full Version : 10/02/04 Antigua Cruise

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]

Sarah'sMomfrom PA
09-28-2004, 02:49 PM
GoofyNut...what are you trying to do?????

@GoofyNut
09-28-2004, 02:50 PM
Six :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Thingys ...

I 'm not sure but Did I get # 5000?

jeanneg
09-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Nope, looks like Mary Jo stole it right out from under you! I'd say she owes you a drink for being so MEAN!

bettemom
09-28-2004, 03:24 PM
:hyper: :tongue: :laughing: :confused3 :rotfl: :rotfl:

usetheforceluke
09-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Final packing for tonight.

Load everything up in the van and leave tomorrow. Fiona has to be at work early tomorrow and I have to run some final errands so the day will be fairly busy. We want to leave sometime around noon or so, but that usually means one or two hours later.

I need to start turning off all of the switches later tonight so if I don't get back here, we'll see everyone at PC or on the ship.

I'll be the one with no hair.

Jim.

piglet33
09-28-2004, 05:05 PM
Fiona & Jim,

Have a safe trip and see you in a couple of days.

Reneé

jeanneg
09-28-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by usetheforceluke
Final packing for tonight.

I'll be the one with no hair.

Jim.

....and no tie either!

Have a safe journey.......looking forward to meeting you soon!

twhipple
09-28-2004, 05:10 PM
Jim and Fiona hope you have a safe drive down. See you at PC on Saturday!

Twinave
09-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Sharon, So sorry for your loss.:(
Avé

Hygiene99
09-28-2004, 06:08 PM
Safe Travels

Jim And Fiona ..

See u Both At the ship...

Peter And Jen

RellingTwin
09-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Sharon, so sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

JEN! So nice to see you posting.:bounce:

Jim And Fiona be careful and (as they say down here) "keep it between the ditches"!

Mary Jo...SHAME ON YOU!:earseek: Stealing Kathy's #:teeth:

I have been watching the PC site all day waiting for an update. I guess if the Wonder can dock at PC on Thursday, I can stop worrying.

EVERYONE...stay safe, stay healthy.....we are almost there!

papa
09-28-2004, 06:49 PM
Kathy and I are leaving in the morning and driving to Titusville. Hope to see a lot of you on Friday and everyone on Saturday. We plan on leaving about 3:30 am CDT. Mike

piglet33
09-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Mike,

You and Kathy have a safe and uneventful trip. See you in a couple of days!

Reneé

piglet33
09-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Here's a link to where you can stop your mail online so you don't have to go to the Post Office.

https://dunsapp.usps.gov/HoldMail.jsp

Reneé

RellingTwin
09-28-2004, 07:23 PM
It's official! The Magic will be leaving from Port Canaveral! YIPEEE!

Tulirose
09-28-2004, 07:26 PM
Best wishes for a safe journey to all. Have a wonderful cruise and have fun making new Magical, Wonderful memories with new and old friends.

BigRed1
09-28-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by RellingTwin
It's official! The Magic will be leaving from Port Canaveral! YIPEEE!

You got one of them top secret informants??

usetheforceluke
09-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Just having supper courtesy the local home delivery pizzeria. The chef was too busy packing and everyone was sitting around waiting for him to finish so that they could be served their gour-may meal. Needless to say I had other priorities. :)

Couldn't resist this one. It's from our national news channel about the ms Rotterdam. It shows the real reasons why ship captains avoid hurricanes and what happens when they quite don't make it.

If you can't convert metric: One metre equals roughly 3 feet 3 inches.

CBC.ca newstory about ms Rotterdam... "The Cruise from Hell." (http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2004/09/28/ns_cruise040928.html)

Thanks for the good wishes... I've finished my pizza and I'm now going to start closing everything down. See you all soon!!!

Jim.

Hygiene99
09-28-2004, 08:12 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Port reopens for cruise, cargo ships
By Dona Balancia and Scott Blake
FLORIDA TODAY

Port Canaveral reopened late Tuesday for cruise and cargo ships, although dredging of the port's channel will continue to ensure there's enough room for the largest vessels later this week.

Port officials declared the port reopened for shipping at 6 p.m., with some restrictions. The channel is limited to vessels with drafts up to 30 feet, and up to 32 feet at high tide. The draft is the depth a ship's hull extends below the surface of the water.

That's enough underwater clearance for most ships, but "there's still some concern about Mariner of the Seas," Canaveral Port Authority Chief Executive Officer Stan Payne said, referring to one of Royal Caribbean International's largest cruise ships.

Payne said dredging and surveying of the channel will continue to remove a shoal that built up at port's shipping entrance, but there's currently room to spare for most ships

piglet33
09-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Yippee, so glad that we don't have to drive all the way down to Fort Lauderdale now. Now if only Friday would get here so we can fly down.

ciadriamom
09-28-2004, 09:40 PM
Thank you all for your sincere wishes during this difficult time.

Mike and Cathy have a safe trip. Drive carefully.

See everyone Saturday.

papa
09-29-2004, 04:14 AM
A little bit behind schedule, but we are leaving in a few minutes. We are out of here!!!!!! Florida here we come. Every one stay safe, buckle up, keep your gas tanks full and have a very Disney day.

Mike and Kathy

cdnmickeylover
09-29-2004, 04:53 AM
It's still dark here but am up to do a little last minute packing. Jim's driving me to work today so that will be the opportunity to determine if he's forgotten something (think tie, bathing suit, underwear, shampoo.....).

Went shopping with DS last night so that he'd have some food and most importantly milk -- we forgot the milk. Ah well. He might actually miss us.

Have a couple of things to do at work -- at one point yesterday it didn't look like my desk was going to be cleared off at all but some files ended up at the bottom of the file cabinet. :teeth: We now just need to remember to get them out when we get back.

I've told everyone I'm leaving at noon so hopefully that means I can get out of there by 1pm.

Have a safe drive/fly everyone. Absolutely great news about PC. I was dreading having to go to Port Everglades.

See you on Friday and/or Saturday. :wave2:

Fiona

RellingTwin
09-29-2004, 05:41 AM
LAST DAY OF WORK:teeth: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Packing starts tonight when I get off. Tomorrow I will get any last min. things and get the car packed and ready!

MaryJo ...I sent you a PM

Rosemary...sure wish you were coming with us.

Anyone see the "Special Western" route for 2006?

ARLO1
09-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Today is my last day at work until 10/18. Can I say YIPEE!!!

Tomorrow is packing,cleaning etc. and then we start out early Friday for our trip to Florida. I cant believe after almost a year of planning its getting here. finally I'm getting excited now that the traveling is perhaps a little better and we will be taking out of PC.

Cant wait to see our old shipmates and the new ones. Everybody travel safely.....

Arlene

Auntmeme
09-29-2004, 06:27 AM
Arlene are you a def for the jetty park picnic? please let me know, thanks!

I saw the special western route and will def book one - 2 days at CC, wish it was every day:)

Safe travel to all - see you in a few:wave2:

The Adams Family
09-29-2004, 07:10 AM
hello all

well we are mostly packed. have just a few things left to wash. btw what are laynards? is this something you recommend getting and where do i get them from?

thanks
jill

sorry for your loss of your grandmother. we just buried my grandmother on monday so my whole heart goes out to you and your family.

ciadriamom
09-29-2004, 07:24 AM
Jill, thank you very much.

jeanniec
09-29-2004, 07:43 AM
Can't believe the cruise is almost here -- after all this time talking about it & planning. I am SO happy that PC is open! Next thing to find out is whether VB DVC resort will be open for us after the cruise, but that is not that important (as long as we get our points back). This is my last day at work and tomorrow it is definitely time to pack since we leave for Florida Friday morning.

Jill -- A lanyard is kind of a strap that goes around your neck and hangs down about 12 inches or so. It is used to hold a number of things -- could be a water bottle, could be an ID card, etc. I think Kim said she was bringing enough for everyone so I wouldn't worry about going out and buying one. By the way, what is your stateroom number? I am assuming that you finally got your doc's. See you soon.

The Adams Family
09-29-2004, 07:52 AM
stateroom numbers are 1051 and 1053

were at the bottom....lol

jill

ARLO1
09-29-2004, 08:16 AM
Auntmeme:

We are planning to go to Jetty Park and will be bringing snacks.

How many people are there going to be? Is there a meeting point?

Arlene

padisneyfan
09-29-2004, 08:48 AM
ciadriamom--- Sorry about the loss of your grandmother.

Everyone driving, please drive carefully and have a safe trip.

I was up until 1am packing. I'm nearly finished, just need to put the formal wear in the suitcases. Plus need to do my carry on bag.

Glad that PC is open.

Only 2 days to work and then friday afternoon we fly out.

Hope to see everyone at the Radisson or at the Port.

Nancy

::MinnieMo

Auntmeme
09-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Great Arlene - there are 12 adults & 5 kids. If youare at the Radisson we can all meet there at 4:15ish it only takes 5 in to get there. Or we can meet at 4:30 in the first general parking area near the beach.

To the Jetty park group - our flight arrives at 1ish unless there are delays so we should be at the radisson about 3. If there are delays can someone give me their cell number so I can let you know if we are running late?

two-foxes
09-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Hey! We finally made it on the Magic at about 7:30 Monday nite. It was ugly....we sat for 7 hours at the Sheraton hotel, where we got check in, fed a fried food buffet and tried to pass the time. By the time we were boarded on busses headed to Magic, we had to wait in more lines at port and that is when folks started getting just plain rude....maybe I am brainwashed by Disney, but I think they were doing all they could do with the situation. But, to me, the second I stepped on the gangway to the ship, I was forgetting all the drama and ready to relax.

I am not hearing good things about getting to Castaway Cay...but they did a fly over on Monday...no one seems to know for sure if it is okay, but hopefully we'll get there!

We are docked in Cozumel now, Tim and I will do our first "real ocean dive" today. They tomorrow, we'll hit Costa Maya for an ungodly wake up time of 0745 to do some snorkling!

Friday at sea, then ready to meet you guys on Saturday!!!! WHOOO HOOOO!

I'll post back later...they have the unlimited access price at 39.99 now, so I for sure get back on !!!!

jeanneg
09-29-2004, 10:37 AM
A safe journey to everyone who is leaving soon. We don't fly down until Friday evening, but i'm already in stress mode.....so much to do, so little time! I'm not too concerned with the packing aspect as most of that is done already. I have to make sure I leave the house spotless as they have scheduled an open house both weekends and then there's the WORK situation.....aarrgh! I need to have quarterly reports to accounting firm on or before the 10th of October which means once I have to close out September tomorrow and make sure everything gets hand delivered Friday morning. I can't tell you guys how much I'm looking forward to walking through those Mickey ears and leaving all this nonsense behind.

Jill and Tim: so glad you finally made it. I'm sorry you had to go through such an ordeal: hopefully next week will run more smoothly. Good luck with the dive! Keep us posted about CC!

fridayfun
09-29-2004, 12:06 PM
Hello! Our last day at work was Monday, we have been cleaning and shopping like crazy since then! We won't be leaving until Friday at about 4am. Hope everyone has smooth flying and driving for the next couple of days. Hope to see everyone at embarkation, Denise

videoman
09-29-2004, 12:19 PM
Glad to heat that everyone is packed or almost packed...We have the kids packed but have not even started ours!!!!!!!! Just dropped off our dry cleaning for formal nights. For those of you on your way...GOOD LUCK & drive safe!!! We will be leaving on Friday. Have a 1:00 flight out of JFK. Still hope we can make CC!!!!
See everyone Saturday!!!!

It's finally here!!!!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

fortierv
09-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Just spoke to a CM to check excursion reservations and he said it looked like we would make it to CC.

If anyone has a 2:30 parasailing they are gonna cancel could you please let me know. I have one spot for my DD Kylie but would like a second for myself. She can't go earlier because she's doing Wild Side in the morning.

Thanks,
Van

RellingTwin
09-29-2004, 05:18 PM
Today was the LONGEST day! I was counting the hours, then mins. But it is OVER and I am ON VACATION! YAHOOOO!:bounce:

I will get the kids to scholl tomorrow and spend the day packing and doing the last min. stuff.

But first I think I will have a BEER!:teeth:

Hygiene99
09-29-2004, 06:26 PM
Just getting in the Door .....

Tim and Jill Glad Everything is Going Great...

ok Jens last Day Of work is Today.... She Gets out At 8 pm..

Mine is Thursday as Soon As I Get pay check in Hand.....LOL

Bette, Kim, and Us Fly out Tommorow evening ....

All I Can Say Is Yipppeeee....

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

two-foxes
09-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Just posted this on the regular cruise board, but a assistant to a higher up (or highest?) DCL crew member who was on our dive trip said CC should be a go for next week....although she said it would be very brown...lots of sand everywhere. But Yay! We should be there for sure!

Pirates night is tonite...is it wrong to say I am already sick of cruise food (except dessert, of course!) Also, the Cove Cafe is a must for any coffee lovers....you get something there, then have the coffee at breakfast, you want to run screaming back to the Cove!

alikat99
09-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Hey guys, I was just thinking that you guys will be here in Florida soon. Boy, I sure will miss being on this cruise with you guys!! Have a drink for me!!!

We're doing well down here in FL. We've faired well in all of the storms, just very minor damage. But, we have friends all around the state that have been without power & water, damaged houses, etc.

Both girls are doing well. Emily turns 3 on Tuesday and Madison was 5 months old this week. Time sure does fly.

Well, my thoughts will be with all of my Cruisetoberfest II friends next week. At least the storms seem to have died down, hopefully that's the end of the hurricanes for this season!!

Amy

Hygiene99
09-29-2004, 06:46 PM
We Recieved a postcard in the Mail From None other than
Our Pal Mickey .. From Castaway Cay .. Asking us to Come visit Real Soon ... so I Hope We Can ....

Have got to Love that Verandah Man...LOL

We Also Love the Cove Cafe Just a Great spot...

Peter

jeanniec
09-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Jill & Tim -- Thanks for the info re CC. How great to know we will get to go there even if it is not all beautiful white sand. Even better is the fact that we leave from PC and the Disney terminal!

Kind of quiet and strange on this board with some of us already on the ship, some on our way to Florida and others (like me) still packing and getting ready to go. Two more days until we all get together.

Twinave
09-29-2004, 09:19 PM
still here, still not packed. :)
having fun with the germs. :smooth:
soon,
Avé

1971visitor
09-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Heading out tomorrow. Valdosta first, then the port. See you all at the Radisson...

RellingTwin
09-30-2004, 05:32 AM
1st full day of vacation....so what the heck am I doing up at 6:30am!!??LOL! I don't think I will be "sleeping in" until vacation is over!

Lots to do today.

Amy...great to hear from you.How about a new picture of the girls? Glad the hear you faired ok with the storms. Lets hope they are over for the year.

bettemom
09-30-2004, 05:56 AM
Hi Guys Kim here...

Arrived at the lab way too early to get a head start on the day. Hopefully I will be out of here by 2 pm.. Finished packing at 9pm last night. So we are ready to fly down tonight with Peter & Jen..

Amy, so nice to hear how you guys are, I second Mary, we would love to see a picture of the girls !!!

Stayed stayed up til 12:01 am to print boarding passes on Southwest and then found out that you can only print boarding passes in advance if you are flying alone... My eyes are on fire 4 hrs sleep soes not cut it any longer...

See most of you Saturday at the terminal and for the Displaced Ron Jon"ers" see you guys Friday..

Travel safe everyone..

Bye, Kim

alikat99
09-30-2004, 06:25 AM
Hey guys! I promise that by the time that you're back, I'll get a new picture of the girls up here.

Have a great time, and I'll miss you guys!

Amy

disneybride96
09-30-2004, 06:32 AM
1st full day of vacation....so what the heck am I doing up at 6:30am!!??LOL! I don't think I will be "sleeping in" until vacation is over!

There is something about vacation time that you just can't waste. 6:30 doesn't seem quite so early today, does it?

Hygiene99
09-30-2004, 06:56 AM
Hi Mary, its OK... I am off today, Pete had to work, but I was the one in the shower at 5:30!! I was so excited it was impossible to sleep!

Kim, we printed our boarding passes no problem.. looking forward to seeing you later!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

twhipple
09-30-2004, 08:00 AM

Last day of work here. DH had to work the early shift (got up at 2) and I woke up without the alarm at 3:25! Started the laundry, got the garbage together to go out tonight, checked the boards and the weather predicted for next week and got in to work by 5:30. Maybe I can leave early :confused:

Tonight I have my pedicure and then we leave tomorrow morning. Getting REALLY excited now :hyper: :hyper:

jeanniec
09-30-2004, 08:18 AM
Sounds like we are all doing the same things today. I am on vacation but was also up at 6:30. Doing laundry, setting up my online bill paying for while we are gone, need to look for a tie for Sam (we can't find the black one he wears for semi-formal night), return library books, visit my mom, do some last minute shopping, and -- Oh yes -- I think I need to fit packing somewhere into that schedule! Haven't started yet altho I pretty much know what we are taking. We start our drive down tomorrow morning.

padisneyfan
09-30-2004, 08:38 AM
I guess we are all in commando mode. This is my last day at work and trying to check off all my work related issues before I go on vacation.

Nearly have my carry on bag packed. My problem when I pack early is that I always want to throw something extra in the suitcases since they are just sitting there looking at me.

No food in the house so I guess we will just have to eat out tonight.

Got to get back to work so maybe I can get out of here early.

Nancy::MinnieMo

jeanneg
09-30-2004, 08:59 AM
Good luck with the packing and travels, everyone.......we take off at 6:45 p.m. tomorrow evening.......are we the last to leave????

Still so much to do......yikes!

Jeannie: please find a tie for Sam....how else will we know him from Jim?!!!!

RellingTwin
09-30-2004, 09:06 AM
Jen and Peter!!! I just realized, I have your t-shirts! I was going to give them to you at the Radisson/Ron Jon meet. I will bring them to the port if you want (and you can change into them there;) )
Unless you will be at PC early and want to stop by the Radisson before we leave for the port. Let me know.

Sarah'sMomfrom PA
09-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Working all day today and have a ton of errands to run tonight...still not packed....I work well under pressure!! We leave for the airport at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow (1 hour drive) and our flight is at 12:25 --we get into Sanford around 3:00 p.m. Getting excited now!! Safe travels to everyone and we can't wait to see our old friends and our new friends on Saturday!!

Sharon and family...loads of love and pixie dust today and tomorrow as you bury your beloved grandmother. Hope all goes well and if you need anything, let someone know. Sarah was worried about Ciara not coming on the cruise when I told her that your grandmother had died..she is looking forward to meeting her and seeing Heidi and Mary and Regina again (hope I didn't miss anyone!!) Mary Jo

piglet33
09-30-2004, 11:10 AM
Just finishing up at work and hope to be out of here soon. Packing is just about done except for the last minute things like hair brush and stuff like that. I got my Christmas present early (new digital camera) so I can't wait to start using it. The Fed Ex man should be at my house soon to drop off the memory I bought for the camera.

Now I am really getting excited! Can't wait to see you all. Kim, Bette, Mary Jo and Family and Peter and Jen - see you all tomorrow sometime. Our flight is at 8:30 am so we should land around 11:30 am.

Haley is so excited to see Mickey Mouse.

Travel safe everyone.

Reneé

Sarah'sMomfrom PA
09-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Reneé...I just sent you an email (to your home email, I think since I can never remember which is which) giving you our phone number and address for Friday night so we can all get together.

Hygiene99
09-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi Mary... we can get them at the port, you are so nice to do that for us, Pete never told me you were making our shirts for us! I am so excited!! I just can't wait to see everyone! TTFN!!!

Zapp1213
09-30-2004, 01:22 PM
OOOOHHHHH NNNNOOOO!!!!

I was just on the phone with the excursion ressie desk, and I could not book an excursion on CC.

Apparently, we are not going to CC, and the other people on that excursion have been cancelled.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyone else have information????

Marianne

bettemom
09-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Hi Guys,

We are posting for the last time. We will see all of you in less than 2 days... YIPPIE !!!

Bye, Bette & Kim

Mary Jo, Renee' , Fiona & Jim see you and your families tomorrow.

lbastida1
09-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Zap1213,
Tell me this isn't so!! We booked a banana boat ride for our family of four and a parasailing ride for our 14YO for CC about two months ago. What excursion did you try to book? Did they say no CC or is that your conclusion. I guess we'll make the best of it one way or the other. Have a great trip. See you aboard.

Hygiene99
09-30-2004, 03:17 PM
OK... last post before we go... Pete just got home, all the packing is done, we are ready to go!! Safe trips to all... can't wait to see everyone. Disney Magic here we come!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

fortierv
09-30-2004, 04:24 PM
:( :( :( Just got off the phone with the shore excursion reservation's. CM told me our CC day has been changed to Nassau.:( :( :(

On the bright side we are going out of PC and get a seven day instead of all the shortened cruises of late.

See you all soon.

jeanniec
09-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Nassau??? Yuk -- I think we'll be staying on the ship. But you are right, Fortierv, we are getting a 7 day cruise and leaving from PC and I guess we are lucky at that! Have to wait until my June cruise to do CC. Well, Sam is almost packed and I even found the tie. Now it's time to start packing my stuff before Survivor. I have never been this late in packing. Found out this morning that VB is closed until 11/1 so our little trip there after the cruise is out, too. We could stay with BIL & SIL in Vero, but they have a mess to clean up so we'll just go home early.

fridayfun
09-30-2004, 05:54 PM
Well, we're all packed! Now all that's left to do is relax, lay down and watch Survivor, and hopefully fall asleep at 9pm :cloud9: We hope to be on the road by 4am, and in Valdosta by 8pm. Hopefully we will be able to get to the port at about 10am on Sat. DH wants to explore and see everyone I have been telling him about! He almost panicked when he couldn't find his DIS shirt!:faint:

See everyone on Saturday, safe travels to all!:boat:

RellingTwin
09-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Packing is done, house is clean, dinner dishes done!
Now I have to check out the excurtions for Nassau!

disneybride96
09-30-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by fortierv
:( :( :( Just got off the phone with the shore excursion reservation's. CM told me our CC day has been changed to Nassau.:( :( :(

On the bright side we are going out of PC and get a seven day instead of all the shortened cruises of late.

See you all soon.

ewww... we will be staying on board also. My DH will be happy because that means another day a the spa for him! You are correct Fortierv- at least our first two ports still look good!

RellingTwin
09-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Auntmeme...check your PMs. I sent you one.

RellingTwin
09-30-2004, 08:42 PM
OK..major change of plans. Since we are going to Nassau, I'm thinking of doing "Atlantis" by getting a "day room" at the Comfort Inn.
Anyone know what day/time we will be in Nassau?

padisneyfan
09-30-2004, 09:14 PM
All packed. Have some last minute errands to run in the AM. Went online for AirTran and picked our seats for the flight down. Maybe we can upgrade for $35 to business class when we get to the airport.

Mary-- I would think that Nassau would be the day we are suppose to do CC. Just my thought. This May was the first time I had been back to Nassau in about 4 years and it had improved since our last time there. Much cleaner, new shops in a seperate building by the cruise ships, and alot of things were fixed up appearance wise. I have a coupon book that I bought on my RCCL cruise in May (sort of like an Entertainment book) with all sorts of free things you can get. So will use that while in Nassau and St. Thomas when we are shopping.

Going to read since I have about 2 chapters left in my book. That way I can start a new one on the flight down.

Everyone have a safe trip and see some of you tomorrow and everyone else on Sat.

dsncruise lover
09-30-2004, 09:24 PM
I just posted to see my countdown timer.

Went today to get last min. things.

Mom is downstais packing now. I guess I better go help her.

I am very upset. :mad: I was looking foward to CC. Especially the glass bottom boat. Guess I have to wait until next year.

Shooter
09-30-2004, 09:59 PM
New to this thread but going on the same trip as you folks.

We just booked a day room at the Comfort Suites to take advantage of the Atlantis property. I know it is a lot of money but we have always dreamt (sp?) of visiting there but have felt there was much more value with DCL that we'll be doing our third Magic cruise.

DS (10) is a huge aquarium nut so it'll be a dream for him. Having been to CC twice will soften the blow a little bit for the three of us but it is a very special place and we will miss it and my DS said he feels bad for all of the folks who won't get to see it this time.

Hope everyone has safe travels to PC and has a wonderful trip. Look us up on Pirate night. I'll be the one in brown, my son has a hook and a patch and my wife will be sporting a tavern fluzy outfit she picked up. LOL.

Auntmeme
09-30-2004, 10:07 PM
Got the pm Mary, so sorry to hear that info and will pray foir good news. I would also be interested in the Atlantis. I did not like Nassau last year :( and will soo miss CC.

almost done packing - also checked in with airtran,flying out at 10:30 so will hit the am traffic to the city:mad: but will be glad once we land in orlando:)

Have a safe trip to all:wave2:

RellingTwin
09-30-2004, 11:11 PM
Hi Shooter. Welcome to the thread!
I think you are right about the cost of the room VS DCL tour.
I couldn't let my kids see the pools/slides ect and then say "nope you can't go in"!!!!
Both my children(DD12 DS10) are aquarium nuts. I have not told them about this yet, as if it dosn't work out I don't want them to be disapointed.

AuntMeMe...thanks for the prayers. Looking forward to seeing you at the Radisson.

Time to go to sleep....5am will be here soon!

fridayfun
10-01-2004, 02:30 AM
One last check of the boards. DH was bummed about CC, but I said I'll believe it when the Captain tells me! Take care, see everyone soon.

We're off!:jumping1:On the road again!!! I just can't wait......

jeanneg
10-01-2004, 02:33 AM
Fridayfun:
have a safe trip....I'm still up closing out the quarter!
See you soon,
Jeanne

RellingTwin
10-01-2004, 05:25 AM
Hitting the road in the next half hour!

SEE YOU ALL VERY SOON!

twhipple
10-01-2004, 05:51 AM
My last post before we leave. I'm totally bummed about CC right now, but it may be work overload. Put in my 37.5 hours by 2:00 yesterday afternoon (even with a 3 hour PT appt in there:eek: ). I didn't get to leave until 4:15. At 3:00 I asked my boss if he was feeling compassionate (I had one thing left to do and there wasn't a deadline on it). He said no, he wanted it to get done. I guess he doesn't want a present from me :p

See you all on board tomorrow!!!

disneybride96
10-01-2004, 06:01 AM
Well- I'm off to work until noon today and letting the DH handle things until the flight at 5pm. (now is that trust or what?)
Can't believe it is TOMORROW!

Zapp1213
10-01-2004, 08:14 AM
We're taking off for the airport at noon today! Heidi's still sleeping (at 8:15 am). I am 95% packed. A bit of running around to do this am, library & such (yes, my kids WILL be reading on this trip!). :tongue:

When I called the excursion desk, the CM told me the itinerary was Sun & Mon-sea; Tue-Antigua; Wed-St. Tom; Thur & Fri-sea. Never mentioned Nassau. So I'm curious what our plans will be. We'll see when we get there.

Heidi is disappointed. She said CC is her "happy place". I told her she might find Antigua just that.

Well, everyone who hasn't left yet, have safe trips! See all of you on Saturday.

Marianne

jeanneg
10-01-2004, 08:28 AM
Idon't know why, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we will end up going to CC anyway. Does anyone know if DCL is accepting ressies for Nassau excursions? My feeling is that since there's a strong possibly we may NOT be able to go to CC, DCL would rather have us pleasantly surprised than bitterly disappointed. The Nassau thing is all a ruse to keep our expectations low. Now the question is, do I pack all the junk I bought to have fun at CC? Kinda like the raincoat dilemma......one way to insure it won't rain is to take a raincoat.......hmmm, if i leave all the CC stuff at home maybe we'll get to go! Guess I'm just an optimist.......
BTW, got to bed at 4a.m. last night (today!). DH had lost his business credit card a few weeks ago. I briefly scanned our statement and everything seemed kosher. While posting specific charges last night I realized that someone went on a very quick shopping spree at local stores that we normally shop at. We were on the phone with the fraud dept. at 1 in the morning!

lbastida1
10-01-2004, 11:18 AM
I booked a room at the Comfort Suites after reading Disney said no CC. I have a non refundable reservation unless I cancel 7 days prior. I hope we ARE going to Nassau. I got over my disappointment real fast but maybe it's too soon!

Such problems to have huh? It'll be marvelous no matter what!!

ciadriamom
10-01-2004, 02:51 PM
The King family is OUTTA HERE!!! See you all tomorrow

hopelea
10-02-2004, 11:57 AM
Have a great cruise!!! Wish we were going. We are watching you board...........will be watching for the sail away!!!

Hope:wave:

Twinave
10-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Att: All Former Cruisetoberfest Cruisers......We're going again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 2006
Check out papa's thread.
Are you there rosemary, dan, and the rest of you????????
What do you say???

:) Ave

papa
10-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Hey Hope good to hear from you. Today we were at Castaway Cay and the trees and bushes have taken a beating from the hurricanes.

This is the first time that Disney has been to their private island in six weeks. This is the first normal cruise that they have had in six weeks according to a CM. Mike

RellingTwin
10-09-2004, 04:58 PM
We are BACK HOME! What a great cruise!!!!!Got to get the suitcases unpacked and fix some dinner for the family.
It was SO wonderful to meet all our new friends and see our fromer cruisemates again!
I hope everyone has a safe trip home.

Twinave
10-09-2004, 07:03 PM
We're Home! My shower looks SO BIG!!!!!LOL

What a great cruise! Great weather, great ports, great people.

Our dog is still doing the "doggy happy dance".

Spoke with mother-in-law, she is out of ICU and in a regular room. We will go up to see her tomorrow.

About 30 minutes after we got home one of my nieghbors brought over a basket with a chicken dish, scalloped potatoes, bread, and a salad. She said she was sure we wouldn't feel like cooking.:p What a nice surprise!

I'm beat, going to bed now.:wave:

Avé

Tulirose
10-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Welcome home guys!

So, tell us, what port of calls will Cruisetoberfest IV be visiting. 2006 will be our 30th wedding anniversary and we were going to reenact our honeymoon cruise - NY to Bermuda.

We may be persuaded to do a different cruise for our anniversary.

Since it is being labeled Cruisetoberfest IV, that must mean our German friends will be going too.

twhipple
10-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Actually, we'll have two German couples with us. Ports of call for Cruisetoberfest IV are Castaway Cay, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Castaway Cay. Can't wait!

It was great meeting everyone on this cruise and planning the next one with all of you. We had such a great time.

Ave, glad to hear your MIL is out of ICU. We're thinking of you.

Tracy

RellingTwin
10-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Rosemary...you can expect an e-mail from Eric and Anja soon. Eric is going to contact everyone from the previous Cruisetoberfests and let them know about 10/14/06. Hope you can make it!!!!

Tracy...it was so nice meeting you and Bill. Glad you made it home safe.Looking forward to sailing with you again!

Zapp1213
10-09-2004, 09:12 PM
And we don't want to be here. We want to be there!!!

I just want to say a huge "Thank You" to each and every one of you. Everyone took such care & concern to make sure I was having a good time. (I would thank each of you individually, but I heard there were 140 of us, and I think I spoke to all 137 of you!!)

And I can honestly say, my marital situation in no way negatively affected my vacation!!!! :tongue:

(Unfortunately, I didn't get Mateo's e-mail. Can anyone help me out with that??? ;) )

We all had an absolutely MAGICAL time!!!!

We are booked for Cruisetoberfest IV, room 2094. I really think the DISers are going to take over Deck 2!!!! We just can't wait, but a two-year countdown is SUCH a LOOONNNGGG time!!!

Catch you all on the new thread!!!

Love, Marianne

(I need to update my countdown & my signature, but I just don't have energy for that right now.)

Viking
10-10-2004, 02:22 AM
Dear friends,
after spending a whole week of quality time with you, USAirways flew us home safely and even managed to arrive 20 minutes early in Frankfurt - Where we had to wait 45 minutes for our bags - so much about German efficiency ;)

Can't wait to see Y'all in 734 days ::yes::

:bday: :cake: :cheer2: to Heidi :wave:

mjf2001
10-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Ahoy, Disney Cruisers!
I was invited to this forum by some nice people I met in the Customs line! Alright, which ones of you was it?? So here I am! It was my second DCL cruise... my first was during your Cruisetoberfest 2! I remember seeing the signs everywhere and thinking, "I wonder what this group is all about...?" Then, on this cruise, seeing more of your signs, I thought, "Oh They're back!!" I thought you were all German tourists traveling together! hehheh
Anyway, thanks for your welcome, we had an AWESOME time, and looking forward to Cruisetoberfest 4... we're already booked!

Michael

jeanneg
10-10-2004, 07:06 AM
As some of you may know, we used the DCL bus transfers and guess what, guys? OUR BUS DRIVER GOT LOST!!!!!!! It was so funny.......John kept saying we weren't going the right way and I kept telling him I'm sure the bus driver knew what he was doing and maybe he was taking a detour around an accident or construction, etc. Well after about 45 minutes we pull into a service station and I'm thinking "Is this guy really stopping for gas with all of us on board? Well no, he was asking directions!!!!!!! We all kept saying we needed another comment card! It took us about 2 hours to get to the airport which was fine for us, but some people were starting to worry about making their flights. This was definitely not Disney "excellence"!
I LOVED meeting all of you....what a great group......MIke, we'll go parasailing together next time.....Marianne, you're doing great, girl, and you WILL survive all this and rise above it!
Right now I've got to unpack and start eating a normal diet!

Laurarn
10-10-2004, 08:39 AM
Hi Jeanneg,
Great to meet you on the trip. We were stuck in the traffic jam coming out of Port Canaveral also. A local truck was next to us and said that he saw two Medi-flight helicopters leave the scene ahead. Apparently, a serious accident in the construction zone by the bridges. Alot of cars were crossing the median and turning around. The nice truck next to us, gave us directions for a detour. Glad to hear that many of you are home safe now. Looking forward to Oct. 06:)

videoman
10-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Hello Friends...
It's great to be back home again but miss all the fun and sun we had onboard...It was so nice to see everyone that you communicate with...It was great to meet new friends and to spend time together. So much so that we re-booked for the 10-14 crusie.

Thanks again for the memories!!!!!!

On a sad note...while we were at the pier We received some bad news...
My wife Barbarba Mom had passed away that evening...I know her heart will always be with us as a family. As we now have a hole in our heart...forever!!!!!

She will be missed & loved always

God Bless!!!!

DCL-Fan
10-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Welcome home!

It's been awhile since we posted but we have been keeping up on you thread. Glad to see the whole gang is still keeping in touch and cruising together.

We have been busy laletly cruising on "Island Time" our personal 31' cruise ship. We have enjoyed the Tennessee River, (Chatanooga to Knoxville) and our local Lake Allatoona.

The ocean is calling, we hope to cruise to the Bahamas in our own boat in 2006. We would love to join ya'all in 2006. It will be our 15th anniversay and a cruise for our Honeymoon is how our love for the sea started.

Take Care,

Kevin & Sue

RellingTwin
10-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Hi Kevin! Wonderful to hear from you! You and Dan and Scott and Rosemary and Richard AND all past Cruisetoberfesters will be getting an e-mail from Eric soon, to let everyone know about the planned CRUISETOBERFEST 4 in Oct 2006.
Eric has everyones e-mail from past cruises and will be sending out a mass mailing (after he gets his laundry done:p )

Papa (mike) has started a new thread for the next cruise.

jeanniec
10-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Hi everybody! It was such a great cruise and so wonderful to meet all of our internet friends. Had a great dinner table -- tons of fun and laughs. Didn't get to meet everyone from this board but it was so cool to see the T-shirts and then the lanyards and name tags and be able to walk up to someone we had never seen before and "know" them and feel right at home. Special thanks to those who organized events for us, gave us gifts and made us feel so relaxed.

Took us forever to get home. Don't know how we ended up on A1A North instead of 528 when we left the port, but we did. We also had to stop at a gas station when we finally figured out that the way we were driving didn't look familiar. Had to turn around, go back to the port and finally get on 528 where we hit the traffice tie-up where no one was moving (thanks for the info, Laura. We wondered what had happened). Finally got on I-95 and then got lost twice in Jacksonville. Tried to get on 295 via the detour. Took exit 339 as the signs said and then no more info. Finally made it back to 95 and then somehow we turned off on I-10 so we had to turn around and get back on 95. One more accident in Georgia and after that no problems. I think you probably got home long before we did, Eric and Anja.

Once again, the cruise was the best vacation we have ever had and we hope to join you in October 2006. Haven't rebooked -- two years ahead of time seems a bit too soon. I know you can always get your deposit back, but we just couldn't decide that quickly. I seem to remember that you have a week or something after the cruise to rebook and still get the discount and on-board credit. Anyone know if that is true???

Once again, thanks to everyone for making this cruise so wonderful. Really enjoyed dinner with Renee', Lenny, darling Hailey, Bette and Kim, Jim and Fiona and Denise and Chris. I think it was Renee' who said that we should have been called the "Wacky" table and that name really fits. Guess I had better stop talking and do some laundry and grocery shopping. Ugh!!

twhipple
10-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Charlie, sorry to hear about Barbara's mom. You two are in our thoughts and prayers.

Tracy

videoman
10-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Tracy...

Thank-you for your thoughts & prayers...It was a great pleasure meeting you two. It seemed that every time I turned around I was able to see both of your smiling faces...

Thanks for making this a MAGICical vacation for us.

And thank-you everyone for going up and beyond the call of freindship with everything that each one of you did

Father Adams
10-10-2004, 01:27 PM
:sunny: :smooth: What a great time this cruise was for our family! We met quite a few of the DISers and everyone was a pleasure to meet. Looking forward to meeting you all again on our next trip. Of all the places we ate we did not find one that had bad food. I am not a steak eater at all but when i decided to try the Palos steak...i couldnt resist! (How do they get those so tender too?? ) I had eaten the steak every night and i think the seas need to re-stock up on their shrimp too! I apologize if noone else had the chance to get shrimp due to my hunger for those tasty guys...lol
Was a little disapppointed about the parasail trip being cancelled though at CC. Once again it was a real treat for us all and cant wait to do it again!

Father:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

fridayfun
10-10-2004, 01:43 PM
We are finally home! 17 hours of peaceful driving (how did we luck out!) and we can now sit down and relax and spoil some fur balls! Had a great time during vacation and even though we didn't see everyone from the boards, it was still nice to be able to wave and say hi to others while wandering around on board. I can't wait to show my friends and family our photos (especially our group shot) and show them it was not such a strange thing to meet people online first - because without the DIS we would NEVER have had such a wacky and wonderful DIS table! Hope we are able to see everyone again in 2006! Take care, Denise and Chris

Viking
10-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Sorry to hear about Barbara's Mom, Charlie :(

Good to hear from you Kevin - and looking forward to meeting you again ::yes::

To everyone:
The new mail-account for the 10/14/06-Cruise is:
Cruisetoberfest@yahoo.com As usual there is a link in my signature.
I deliberately left out any reference to a number (i.e. Cruisetoberfest4), because now I can use this account for allCruisteoberfests to come :teeth: as I'm sure that you Americans will somehow force us into rebooking for #5 :jester: Not that we needed much forcing - LOL

Please send a short message containing at least your DIS-name to the new account using the mail-adress you want the new list sent to. This makes it easier for me to set up the new mailing list - Dankeschön!!

RellingTwin
10-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Charlie and Barbara...so very sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Jean, did you see the I-95 accident in Ga. with the pontoon boat that flipped off the trailer?What a mess!

Michael (mjf2001) glad to have you with us!Funny you thought we were all German tourists!LOL!

two-foxes
10-10-2004, 02:27 PM
I was smacked in the face with reality this morning as I walked into a room with 140 inmates at 0800 this morning! I love the smell of bad coffee and badder breath in the morning!

So, we made it back safely....our flight was delayed an hour out of MCO, so we didn't arrive back to our home till about midnight. Orion, the shepard, bit the lawn guy at my parents house last week. That has me very concerned....he has always been "protective" but he's never bitten anyone...broke the skin and everything. The guy was laid back about it I guess, but I am awaiting some phone call informing us of a law suit or something. Other than that, all is well....the dogs are fatter and undisciplined after being at grandma and grandpa's for 3 weeks, but so are Tim and I after being on vacation for that long!

Tim doesn't have to go back to work till Wednesday, so I am hoping that he is doing laundry while I am sorting through 400+ emails at work and trying to figure out why I am scheduled in training all day tomorrow when I have other scheduled items for tomorrow.....ahhhh, so good to be back:rolleyes:

jeanniec
10-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Yes, Mary, we did see the accident with the pontoon boat. That was the second accident that slowed down our trip home besides our two unintended detours.

Anyone know about re-booking immediately after the cruise? If you still get the perks? We were just so busy that we didn't get around to doing it.

Laurarn
10-10-2004, 06:35 PM
Charlie, Barbara, Ashley, and Christie,
We just read your thread and we are so very sorry for your loss. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if there's anything we can do. Hugs to all of you from all of us.
God Bless,
Laura, Chris, Chris, Amy, and Megan

Laurarn
10-10-2004, 06:46 PM
Oh! I also wanted to thank everyone for all the little extras...lanyards, treats, party bags, cup holders, door magnets, etc. You are such a sweet and fun group! Also, thanks to the Dis-ers who were with us at Coki when my daughter disappeared for that short time. It meant alot to have friends like that who jumped to help and locate her so quickly. What a blessing! This is such a special group! Thanks again and can't wait til 2006!
Regards,
Laura

Twinave
10-10-2004, 09:01 PM
Laura, Just tried to re-book with DCL. No discount or credit. :( I will see want DU will do for me.
Avé

Laurarn
10-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Ave, I think you're thinking of Jeanniec. I rebooked onboard. Hopefully you can still find a good deal with a TA.
Laura

fortierv
10-10-2004, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone,

We'll, we've spent all day doing laundry and I think we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I MISS THE MAGIC! We had to get pizza for dinner because we couldn't bring ourselves to cook.

Thank you all for a great trip and letting us be part of your group. Debbie wanted me to pass on how wonderful her experiences were with those of you she met. I think she was a little intimidated going in but was very happy with the result.

Thanks to everyone who put in all the pre-cruise work. It was so neat to have the shirts, magets, lanyards, excursions set up and all the other things I missed . A big thank you to Eric and Ciara for putting the list's together.

See you all in a few hundred days,

Van

Auntmeme
10-11-2004, 06:23 AM
Good to be homje but miss the Magic!

To all of you that I met on board - it was my pleasure:) and to those I missed sorry hopefully I'll meet you in 2 years:) We're booked for 06 deck 2:Pinkbounc

We surely did not do everything we wanted - how do you squeeze everything in? and what is the secret to staying up so late & then rising early;) looking forward to seeing you all again - only 733 days:rolleyes:

Zapp1213
10-11-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Auntmeme
We surely did not do everything we wanted - how do you squeeze everything in? and what is the secret to staying up so late & then rising early;) looking forward to seeing you all again - only 733 days:rolleyes: MeME--
I'm still sleeping! :teeth:

scootersmom
10-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Hi, all! Sounds like it was a fantastic week. I still can't believe we missed this one.

But, we're booked for #4! :Pinkbounc

Avé--- Too bad about missing the discount. You might want to check out DU and also Dana. I found her from a thread on the cruise board. She came in under DU's quote by quite a bit. Her number is **************. Good luck!

Colleen

jeanniec
10-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Ave' -- Posted this message on the new (10/06) board, too. I just called DCL (about 3:30 today) and they gave me the discount and on board credit. Maybe it depends on who you talk to, so if you're interested, try again! I thought I had heard that you could still get the perks if you booked within two days after your last cruise.

padisneyfan
10-14-2004, 08:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

Norm and I got back Wednesday afternoon. I'm posting this from work since my computer died at home right before the cruise.

We had a wonderful time on the Magic. It is so nice to cruise with so many friends. We had great dinner table mates. Hi to Andy, Arlene, Jeanne, John, Sam, MaryJo and Sarah. Is someone going to post our group photo and who is who in the picture? I bought the picture, but don't know all the name of the people in the picture.

We spent 4 days @ WDW post cruise. Saw Peter & Jen, Cathy and Art, and Kathy and Mike during our time at WDW. I wasn't going back until 2005, but with Air Tran airfare discount we are looking at another 4 days in Dec.

Sympathy to Barb's family on the loss of her Mom.

Ave-- Glad to hear your MIL is out of ICU.

Now must find the new thread.

papa
10-14-2004, 08:36 AM
Hello All I am going to have the moderators lock this thread to avoid confusion with the upcoming cruise. Please post on new thread. Mike