PDA

View Full Version : Hey Scoop Any More Info On Additions to Typhoon Lagoon

Harryo
10-02-2003, 10:26 AM
Awhile back you mentioned that TL and BB were swiching rehab schedules so they could make some additions to TL. Have you heard any more on the subject or is that dead?

Harryo
10-02-2003, 12:24 PM
Thanks Scoop, I always enjoy reading your commentary.

OnWithTheShow
10-02-2003, 02:00 PM
The reason for the switch is that Typhoon's main change area (lockers, restrooms, towel rental, and changing room area) is being completely modified and expanded. I believe the project will entail the entire demolition and reconstruction of the area. Many believe this is a prelude to a park expansion (the main change area is stretched to the limit on busy days). If expansion does occur look for construction to begin early next summer for a summer 2005 opening (strange that so much is happening that year...).

Harryo
10-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Ya, why is so much happening in 2005. Show, care to speculate?

wdwguide
10-02-2003, 03:57 PM
2005 is Disneyland's 50th anniversary. What better place to celebrate it than at Walt Disney World, while Disneyland gets a rehabbed Space Mountain that's really identical to the one they let deteriorate to the point of it falling apart? Probably a new parade as well...

(Sarcasm intended)

Mr D
10-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Isn't 2005 the last year ME runs the show?

bummer it lasted so long, look at what 8 years of Clintonism did to our country.....

tixx
10-12-2003, 01:36 AM
Me ii is Me

CWIPPERMAN
10-17-2003, 01:46 AM
I read a while back on Screamscape that there are plans to add a "Torrent River" ride to Typhoon lagoon. ( CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON THE "TORRENT RIVER" (http://www.nbgsintl.com/main/wave_systems.htm) ).

In addition, there was talk a while back that there may also be a ride atted to TL based on the MASTER BLASTER RIDE SYSTEM (http://www.nbgsintl.com/products_services.htm) .

Either way, it looks like there are the possibilities for some really cool attractions to come to TL in the next few years.