PDA

View Full Version : What happens if CRO made an error in my favor?

w8ting4pooh
10-01-2003, 08:23 AM
I made my reservations last night for Poly Lagoon Concierge and the rate I got was WAY less than rack rate. Like 35% off. It should have been over $500/night.

We were counting on getting an AP discount so if they come out for our dates, I plan to change them to the AP rate anyway. If we can't get the AP rates, do you think Disney will honor this rate if I pay off the balance before we arrive or will they correct it after we arrive?

Just curious.

gonga
10-01-2003, 09:13 AM
This is from the back of a WDWTC invoice terms and conditions:

"All rates are subject to change until package is paid in full. After package is paid in full, rate is subjest to change due to imposition of taxes or other charges of gevernmental authorities."

I would pay in full - absolutely! They are saying that the only thing that can change your rate after being PIF is taxes (if they change).

Will the AP rate be less or are you looking for additional discount?

I am a TA and when we checked into the GF this past May they did not ask for any TA identification, and we had a deeply discounted rate. We were paid in full upon check in. For the TA rate they are supposed to check for your ID for the discount - if you don't have it you will be charged the full price.

karenfm
10-01-2003, 09:49 AM
You may want to check to be sure your reservation is actually for concierge and NOT just a regular room. It happened to us - they booked us in a regular room! Luckily, concierge was still available at the AP rate and we made the switch!

Aisling
10-01-2003, 09:56 AM
You may want to check to be sure your reservation is actually for concierge and NOT just a regular room.

This is exactly what happened to us at the Royal Pacific in Universal. I thought we got club level for a steal, but they mistakenly had us booked for a standard. I'm a compulsive checker, so I found out during one of my check up calls, and boy was I surprised and disappointed that we didn't actually have a tremendously low rate for club level (concierge.)

w8ting4pooh
10-01-2003, 10:00 AM
Rack rate for Lagoon w/out the concierge is $430 and my deposit is $100 less than that! I have no idea what rate I got. I am anxious to see what my confirmation statement says.

I even asked - is that the nightly rate and she said "That's what it says" so I said "I'll take it."

I think AP rate would be 40% off so it would be a little cheaper if the discounts come out but not much.