PDA

View Full Version : Sneaking more people in a room....

Sydnoahmom
09-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Hi, new member here. Love your site!

My in-laws are going to Disney next year, a total of 7 adults and 5 kids(2 under the age of 3). They are only getting 2 rooms at the All-Stars and only telling the desk about 2 adults per room and sneaking the rest in. Are they going to get caught? If so, what will happen?

pumpkinboy
09-30-2003, 03:32 PM
I doubt if you will have any problems, since it is based on adult occupancy. very unlikely that you will need to do any sneaking

dvcmember
09-30-2003, 03:41 PM
I would be less worried about getting caught than how they can fit all those people in 2 rooms at the all stars. While the rooms are adequate for a family of four - six people per room is going to be extremely uncomfortable. They really shold reconsider. Barb

luvindisneyworld
09-30-2003, 03:42 PM
I smell a troll.If you have read the boards any at all,you know not to ask a question like this.I really and truly think you are trying to get some feathers ruffled with this question.If you are not then the occupancy is 4 in a room with a child under the age of 3 and there is a 10.00 additional adult fee per person after the first 2 adults.there is no way in hell that anyone would want to fit 6 people in a AS room or for that matter any room.Do yourself a favor and get a couple more rooms or get a GV at OKW or BWV.

ear_poppin
09-30-2003, 03:57 PM
Sorry to appear silly, buts what is a troll In relation to the boards?.

Thanks

Denise

>>^..^<<
09-30-2003, 03:58 PM
12 people crammed into 2 rooms :eek: I wouldn't recommend it....

If they are caught.. ?

1) They could ask them to leave, (unlikely)

2) They could make them take another room in addition to the 2 they already have, (possibly)

3) They could charge $25.00 per person, per night for the people over the limit, (most likely)

Everyone should have there own resort ID.. and the ones being "snuck" in will not have any. You are supposed to have resort ID to use Disney Transportation and participate in EMH or E-nights.

They will need way more towels then provided. (There are no towels at the pools at Allstars - you are supposed to use the ones in the room)

All and all this just sounds like an awful situation and not a fun holiday, being cramped in the rooms and sneaking around :(

>>^..^<<

crs7568
09-30-2003, 04:10 PM
Wow! I am very impressed with the tact used to respond to this question. When I read the title of the thread, I was almost afraid to read the responses because people sometimes tend to get a bit curt when responding to this type of query.

I think that Cassie (>>^..^>>) said it best. Maybe you could get away with it, but would you want to? Check for codes and get another room to ensure a happy vacation! I hope you all have a great trip.

missypie
09-30-2003, 04:25 PM
Sounds like something my FIL would try to pull off. I guess I secretly hope they get caught and charged the extra $25 per night which, depending on the rate they get, could be as much or more than an extra room.

But, as far as the space is concerned, everything is relative. My DH's family of 6 used to camp every vacation in a very small travel trailer - even when the 4 kids were in high school ... so compared to that, 6 in a room at All Stars (with a real bathroom, no less) would seem very spacious and luxurious!

crs7568
09-30-2003, 04:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by missypie
[B]Sounds like something my FIL would try to pull off. I guess I secretly hope they get caught and charged the extra $25 per night which, depending on the rate they get, could be as much or more than an extra room.

Missypie, I laughed out loud when I read your reply. I have to admire your honesty and sense of humor!

taylor1293
09-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by luvindisneyworld
I smell a troll.If you have read the boards any at all,you know not to ask a question like this.I really and truly think you are trying to get some feathers ruffled with this question.

I agree :)

SB in KY
09-30-2003, 06:01 PM
You gotta be kidding...I'd rather stay home and have a root canal than spend a week with 5 or 6 of my closest friends and relatives in a room at the All Star in the summer!!!
Why would anyone think that sounded like a vacation??? I'd be begging the people at the front desk to throw us out!!! (LOL)

Muushka
09-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by SB in KY
You gotta be kidding...I'd rather stay home and have a root canal than spend a week with 5 or 6 of my closest friends and relatives in a room at the All Star in the summer!!!
Why would anyone think that sounded like a vacation??? I'd be begging the people at the front desk to throw us out!!! (LOL)

I laughed out loud when I read this!:D

soccer mom
09-30-2003, 08:32 PM
A new member with a sense of humor!

Loved your response SB in KY. My feelings exactly!!

Geoff_M
09-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Sydnoahmom,

Not a problem... Oh, and tell them to get some refillable mugs off of eBay (any resort will do) to take with them. Also, be sure they take their swim stuff over and check out Storm-a-long Bay! Plus, if one of the kids in the party is only 3 or 4, just tell the Disney folks they're only 2 so he can get in for free! They can also save money on food in the parks by packing in meals... just use one of the many tables that are available at any of the counter service restaurants! ;) ;) ;)

CHIPSTER
09-30-2003, 09:45 PM
Sounds like way too many people for those rooms. That said, don't forget the deodorant!

magsmom
10-01-2003, 06:30 AM
Hmmm ... 2 rooms at the All-Stars at 260 square feet per room totals 520 square feet. Divided by 12 equals a little more than 43 square feet per person.

Sounds REAL Comfy. :smooth:

yooperfan
10-01-2003, 06:37 AM
Another thing to consider is, only two people per room will be able to use the early entry option, someones going to be left behind.

n2mm
10-01-2003, 06:56 AM
Maybe you should consider 2 rooms at POR. Each room would accommodate 5 plus infant. I personnally would opt for one more room at the All Stars, just for the xtra bathroom. We just returned last week. We had 2 rooms at A/S Movies. 5 adults and 1 child, so that was 3 people per room and it still wasn't enough space for us. I think next time we are going for 2 rooms at 2 different resorts....

froglady
10-01-2003, 07:12 AM
I don't see a problem!

2 people per bed, 1 crib per room, and 1 child on the floor per room. Of course, even if you limit bathroom time to 10 minutes/person in the morning, it'll still take an hour to get dressed; better hope that no one gets sick. Then you'd better add in some extra time to hide the sleeping bags, so mousekeeping won't find them. But perhaps that won't be a problem, as they won't be able to walk in the room at all due to all of the luggage. :eek:

Sound like a great time! :rolleyes:

I'm with SB! Let me call my dentist right now. ;)

songbert
10-01-2003, 07:32 AM
I agree with the posters who say to get one more room - just to have the extra bathroom, I think it would be well worth it. We stayed at ASMu in March of 1999, and it was crowded with 3 of us in a room (DH, DS 9 at the time, and me). Three rooms at the AS resorts might be cheaper than two larger ones somewhere else.

You'll be falling over bodies, luggage and laundry after one day! IMHO, the money saved wouldn't be worth the aggravation of being so crowded.

Good Luck!

mbb
10-01-2003, 07:48 AM
Yech.

Sorry, I'm not so tactful...but aren't there fire regulations or something that would apply?:confused:

And that root canal was without pain meds, right?!!

missypie
10-01-2003, 08:29 AM
Y'all are considering how you - normal human beings - would feel with so many people crammed into an All Stars room. I am related by marriage to people who would do something like that and I think I understand the psychology of such behavior: The pain of being so cramped will be overcome by the pleasure of knowing (thinking?) that they have pulled something over on somebody and they are "so smart" that they are saving $75 a night. They - who have just shared a bathroom with 5 other people and possibly slept on the floor - will walk around the resort feeling superior because they are paying less money than other folks. Seriously. There are people with that kind of mind set.

sue1013
10-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Missypie,
You are so funny but truthful. My DH's family must be related to yours. Everything is about the buck and who paid the least amount. It's sad that that they don't value themselves enough to enjoy life. They have the money but would rather sponge off someone than spend it.

HoneyPooh
10-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Something about that OP's screen name is a bit familiar....hmmm. Anyway, all I know is I wouldn't want to be next door to those rooms! :crowded: :faint: :headache:

crazelion
10-01-2003, 03:51 PM
I try a offsite condo that will accommadate all you an won't have to get two rooms. My Suggustion is visit the Orlando and Attractions board for offsite hotels and condos that meet your needs for the same price as the All-Star Resorts.

PTarbay
10-01-2003, 04:09 PM
I hope noone has to get up in the middle of the night.It would be like having the window seat on an airplane and having to move everyone.I hope they don't need a rental car.I'd just hate to see all those people stuffed into a compact.

missypie
10-01-2003, 04:17 PM
If they can all fit into a compact, they should join the circus!

rugratsmom66
10-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Very entertaining reading - I'm going thru Disney withdrawl and needed a good laugh and you guys just gave it to me - Thanks

dsnylndmom
10-01-2003, 05:28 PM
Oh God talk about not a vacation! LOL! We stayed at the ASMo in Aug. of last year and it was cramped enough with the four of us(me, dh, 8.5 year old ds & 4 year old ds) I'd stay home before I'd do that(like the other's here)

>>^..^<<
10-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by dsnylndmom
We stayed at the ASMo in Aug. of last year and it was cramped enough with the four of us

Hi... 2 questions :)

How did you find Caribbean Beach for roominess in comparison to ASMo?

Also.. I see that you do Disneyland all the time! I was thinking about a trip there staying at the Grand Californian... have you ever stayed there?

Thanx'

>>^..^<<

dsnylndmom
10-01-2003, 06:16 PM
We felt that Caribbean Beach was much roomier. The closet area near the bathroom gave us a LOT more storage and there was just more room to walk around especially in the mornings when it's crazy with everyone getting ready.

I've never stayed at the Grand Californian<blush>we go down so much that we spend alot less on our hotel. We usually stay across the street on Harbor or at Embassy Suites, but we have stayed at DL Hotel and it was wonderful! The rooms are large and it's so "disneyfied" we love it. I can tell you that the Grand Californian is BEAUTIFUL! The lobby, the grounds etc and if we were financially able we would defitnely stay there! Especially, with a theme park view!

HTH
Tina

SB in KY
10-01-2003, 06:35 PM
I'd pay money to be standing outside these folks room in the AM when they all came out to start to the parks...it would be like the clowns piling out of the little car at the circus....they just keep coming and coming and....
or better yet watching them all pile back in at night....the last one in would have to stand at the door and push!!
I'm sticking with my root canal!!

FloridaCat
10-01-2003, 06:51 PM
I am with SB, and you know these are the one's that push ahead of everyone at the rides.

Gary M
10-01-2003, 07:47 PM
;) I'm sure you don't want to pay for your drinks at the food court or buy refillable mugs, so start saving those 7-11 plastic cups to get those free drinks.

Don't forget to put enough towels on chairs at the pool before you leave for the parks each morning. This way you will have good spots saved for the crew when you return from the parks.;)

PTarbay
10-01-2003, 07:56 PM
They can't put enough towels on the chairs.They don't give you that many in a room.

Geoff_M
10-01-2003, 08:33 PM
Sure you can... When you're pool hooping over at SAB! They've got plenty of pool side towels over there!

justhat
10-01-2003, 08:49 PM
>>^..^<<, I stayed at the Grand Californian in March 2002 and it was wonderful! It was hands down the best resort I've ever stayed in. Not only is it beautiful (looks a lot like AKL/WL in it's colors/structure), but it's location can't be beat. If only WDW would build a resort where you can walk literally into the middle of a park. I used to think BC/BWI were a great location till we stayed at the Grand Californian. The entrance is right in the middle of California Adventure and a quick walk to the park exit and over to Disneyland. Since DL opened earlier every morning, we'd walk out the regular hotel entrance, which is right in DTD (or whatever it's called there) and basically across from the monorail to DL. The walk to the DL entrance was also very short, shorter I think than from BC to Epcot. The best part though was our view. We had a park view and it was pretty much over the GC entrance to DCA, so we couls see the river raft ride (I forget the name of it) deirectly across from the balcony, Soarin' Over CA off to the left and then some of the Paradise Pier attractions to the right. You always feel like you're in the middle of the magic, which even though we had a great LV room at the GF with a straight on view of the castle, it's so much further away you just don't have the same feeling you can get at GC when you see people in their little rafts riding through the mountain. Other rooms had a direct view of the Paradise Pier attractions, which I'm sure was an awesome view too as there's so much going on there, but I really liked our view since it had such a nature feel and fit in so well with the GC theming. We even had hummingbirds flying onto the balcony. The rooms were very spacious and it resort was always very quiet, even though it was almost at capacity for 2 nights of our stay. It was sorta chilly for the pool while we were there (it was in the low 70s everyday, perfect park weather!) so we didn't use the pool, but we looked at it and it seemed nice enough. We were headed to Phoenix for 4 days after DL though so we didn't really care much about using the GC pool. We were only there 4 nights and so we didn't get to explore the grounds as well as we would have liked, but I can tell you that you won't be disappointed if you stay there. We also went to DL Hotel and the other one, I think it's called Paradise Pier now, for 2 meals and got there early to check them out and while they both seemed nice, the GC would defintely be the place we'd stay when we go back. I'll look for some photos, but unfortunately we left most of our rolls of film at our hotel in Phoenix and the hotel never found them so we only had one roll of photos and not that many photos were of the GC, but I'll see if I can find some for you. Sorry that this is so long, especially since it's off topic, but I had to share how much I loved that resort with you >>^..^<<, especially since I know you love AKL and for us (I love AKL too), this resort was even a little better than AKL.

tnkrbell
10-02-2003, 07:57 AM
Geof_M, LMBO!!!!!!!:)

>>^..^<<
10-02-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by justhat
>>^..^<<, I stayed at the Grand Californian in March 2002 and it was wonderful! It was hands down the best resort I've ever stayed in.

Wow! Thanx for the review of the GC... :)

When I had the Disney Website up a few days ago my daughter saw Sleeping Beauty's Castle and said "Hey thats not the same castle as MK" I explained to her that it was Disneyland in California and now she keeps saying we should go there, we should go there. :rolleyes:

I never really thought about it.. I have been to San Diego & La Jolla before but not the LA area.

I was thinking it might be fun to go to DL and Universal Hollywood...

I was looking here on the DIS boards DL area and it was so small! Hardly any pages or reports there. I guess DL is not as popular as WDW?

Thanx again

>>^..^<<

missypie
10-02-2003, 08:39 AM
Try laughingplace.com for a very DLR oriented message board. The Disneyland Hotel is also great. It has great Disney theming. Gtrand Californian looks like a very nice rsort hotel but DLH is DISNEY.

Also, check laughingplace.ocm (under "Other Theme Parks") for comments on Universal. Gerat for teens - not much at all for the under 12 set.

LvsTnk
10-02-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by >>^..^<<
Wow! Thanx for the review of the GC... :)

When I had the Disney Website up a few days ago my daughter saw Sleeping Beauty's Castle and said "Hey thats not the same castle as MK" I explained to her that it was Disneyland in California and now she keeps saying we should go there, we should go there. :rolleyes:

I never really thought about it.. I have been to San Diego & La Jolla before but not the LA area.

I was thinking it might be fun to go to DL and Universal Hollywood...

I was looking here on the DIS boards DL area and it was so small! Hardly any pages or reports there. I guess DL is not as popular as WDW?

Thanx again

>>^..^<<

Try www.MousePad.com for DL info they also have a discussion board. I found pix and info there while planning our trips to DL. We stayed at the GC over Easter, the DL hotel has the most awesome character brunch for the holiday!! We stayed at the DL Hotel the trip before that. I think we are going to plan another DL trip over spring break my kids didn't get enough time at the beach last trip;)

Rapunsel
10-02-2003, 09:54 AM
AS a veteran of about 100 trips to Disneyland I have to say it is the best.. I will be at WDW in a week for the first time though. DL is located in the heart of Anaheim, CA and you can walk to a lot of restaurants and stuff. I will say though.. The best time of year to go is in November during the middle of the week or in January after New Years..
There are usually minimal school groups there at that time. Also you can do each park in a day...

Since they up-dated the place we usually enjoy walking the 'mall' and going to Build-A-Bear. It is where you can make your own stuffed animal with clothes, a heart inside and even a sound chip. My son adores going there.

For CA Adventures though.. I found that it is not really for small children.. Under 5.. As there are only 4 rides in A bugs life and the roller coasters you must be at least 48 or 52 inches tall.

I took my son when he was about 14 mos. and he went on a few rides, but I won't take him back till he is at least 5.

They do have more thrilling rides than DL does though..

What ever you choose have a wonderful time..

dsnylndmom
10-02-2003, 11:02 AM
Laughing Place and Mousepad are both GREAT disneyland sites(you'll see me there too! ;) )

We got to DL at least once a year, we've been really lucky this year and have gone 3 times for me and 2 times for my boys. They have both gone since they were 18 mths and 12 mths. I've been going since I was 5 so it probably won't surprise you to hear that I LOVE Disneyland :p

I don't know how old your daughter is but Disneyland Hotel is the best of the three when you have small children. The pool is great, Goofy's Kitchen is there(similar to Chef Mickeys)and the rooms are totally adorable(glow inthe dark Pixie Dust borders!)

And I have to disagree with Rapunsel, I take my youngest to California Adventures and he loves it! There's not only the Bugs Land, but the Aladdin Show, Playhouse Disney, Muppets 3D, It's Tought To Be A Bug, Soarin' over CA, Redwoood Challenge(my boys LOVE that)eating at ARiel's Grotto, Getting wet in Fliks Fun Fair, the Sunwheel, the Zephyer(when it's open)and Grizzly River and Mullohand Madness are both only 42 inch height limits. Plus.......the Electrical Light Parade!!!!

If you're going to come visit DL and Universal you might want to check out Knott's Berry Farm too. It's a fun little place and Mrs. Knott's Chicken dinner, one word, yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If you have any questions feel free to ask or pm me! Happy Planning!

missypie
10-02-2003, 11:32 AM
I think this can now count as a threadjack.

miko
10-02-2003, 12:10 PM
Original question
Are they going to get caught? If so, what will happen?
Yes they will get caught and WDW will take the 2 youngest children and have them made into "dolls" for It's A Small World!;)

meandtheguys
10-02-2003, 01:39 PM
miko- too funny! Our jungle cruise guide explained that any children left behind would be taken to IASW and have theri feet nailed down while being made to sing the song in 36 different languages! That was the best part of the cruise! We hooted!

Michelle

Nadine and Fred
10-02-2003, 02:29 PM
..(to coin a Disney phrase) but I thought this was a legit question. Two years ago we stayed in a room at the BW with my BIL and SIL. (This was their first WDW visit and they would not have been able to visit on their own) While the room was OK (and yes, we did pay the extra charges) I agree that the bathroom situation was from purgatory. While I love my relatives...NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Trekker
10-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Although many of you believe you smell a troll on this thread - it could very well be an honest question from a new poster.

There is no acceptable reason to ignore the Posting Guidelines (http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm)

3. NO FIGHTING: ............. Messages that are argumentative or sarcastic in nature will be deleted without discussion.

Please consider how the OP will feel from your response - IF this really is just an honest question.

mep319
10-02-2003, 05:33 PM
Well...I think she is officially scared off. The OP hasn't posted since the original...awful way to start off at DISBOARDS...shouldn't we give her another shot? I think she is "broken in" and gone thru the hazing ritual don't you??

SYDNOAHMOM come back...you just asked the wrong question, we are usually really nice!

Nadine and Fred
10-02-2003, 05:52 PM
..that I would be scared to post anymore! I remember how naive I was re: all things Disney prior to reading posts on this website

hookedondizney
10-02-2003, 07:08 PM
I know i would have been scared off....I'm also a "newbie" to these boards and I was kinda disturbed by all the responses......Shouldn't we welcome the new members? Good questions or not? I would have been very upset to have read those responses after asking a question.....IMHO!

Sydnoahmom
10-02-2003, 07:38 PM
I'm really not a troll and I'm not even sure what that is. It's my in-laws doing this, not my family, we have our own room. The rest of the family does this all of the time at other hotels and knows better than to ask us to share a room.

I'm sure I'll be back with many more comments & questions.

Sammie
10-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Sydnoahmom
I'm really not a troll and I'm not even sure what that is. It's my in-laws doing this, not my family, we have our own room. The rest of the family does this all of the time at other hotels and knows better than to ask us to share a room.

I'm sure I'll be back with many more comments & questions.

A troll is someone that comes to a forum and ask a question just for the purpose of getting heated responses.

Just so you know, :).

As to the inlaws as stated if caught and with that many adults its very possible, they will be charged the additional fees and possibly asked to get another room.

Also as someone stated they will not be issued enough resort ID's to use.

PTarbay
10-02-2003, 11:12 PM
I think that with that many people there must be so much luggage etc.that mousekeeping would probably notice and possibly alert management.There is an extra charge for more than 2 adults in a room.They would probably be asked to pay those fees and asked to get an extra room.If it's a busy time the resort could be full and some of the people may not be able to stay at the same resort.I think at the All Stars it's only $10 extra per person per night.You might want to suggest to them to pay the extra fees.They wouldn't have to worry about getting caught and everyone would have their resort cards.

LoriZH
10-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Okay I really don't have anything to add to this conversation, I just wanted to use this new smilie because it seems so appropriate!

:crowded: :crowded: :crowded: :crowded:

:upsidedow

CarolA
10-03-2003, 09:49 AM
Actually there can be fire marshall issues if you have too many people in a room.

Not sure about Orlando, but I spoke with the fire dept. in Pigeon Forge, TN about this once. (One of my Girl Scout troops was WAY outdoing this family. 4 adults in beds and 4 girls in sleeping bags in each room!) The fire dept indicated the hotel could get in trouble for allowing this so he expected they would not. I would not approve the trip!

(By the way the "wonderful" leader told me that the hotel had approved this great arrangement. I called the hotel which was a small family owned place and they nearly had a stroke!!!! The part that upset me most was that the girls were using all their troop funds to pay for this and they were the ones who got to sleep on the FLOOR!):crowded:

Crazy4mandms
10-03-2003, 04:47 PM
I love the All Star resort, but the walls are thin!! I am assuming that the noise level from THAT MANY people in such a small space would be more than I could manage and, honestly, if the noise level were bothering me, I would turn them in myself. Why should my vacation be ruined because someone else doesn't want to follow the rules?

dimimi
10-04-2003, 08:03 PM
Besides everyone else's comments, I think the biggest inconvenience would be not getting able to use early entry. I think that is the biggest perk for staying "on site" If they aren't using the early entry, there are plenty of rooms not on Disney Property that would be less expensive. I wouldn't want my kids sleeping on the floor! I might consider it with airmattresses or sleeping bags...but that might be pretty obvious!

justhat
10-04-2003, 09:16 PM
They would be able to get around the EE thing though. When we stayed at ASSp in 1999, one member of our group lost her room key. We didnt' have any charging priviledges on the keys so when we told the front desk she lost it, they just printed out a new key. Since it didn't have any info about our room or any ability to charge to the room, they said they didn't have to print up new keys for eveyone, just her. So technically, the OP's family could say they lost keys if they need some extras for EE. They'd only really need one extra key per roon right, since they have 5 people per room and one in a crib. I'm assuming the kids in cribs would not need to show a room key since they won't even have tickets. And if they're saying that there are 2 adults and 2 kids per room, they'd automatically get 4 keys so they'd just need one more per room. Also, on a cruise we went on this summer, we had 2 rooms for 4 people and 2 people listed per room. Well we wanted to be able to access each other's rooms and 3 of us stayed in one room with 1 in the other, so we needed a few extra keys and we just asked at the ship desk if we could get some extra keys made for us to share and they did it without a problem. So I'm guessing Disney could do that too, if the OP's family asked for keys so that they could get in each other's rooms. Still, I doubt it would be comfortable for me, but if they're fine with it, there are ways around all the problems.

paults
10-05-2003, 08:19 AM
welcome to the boards

As you can see we can give you all the answers you need. We really are a great bunch of DISers and hope you keep using these boards.:crazy: :crazy:

atruesag
10-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Must say that some of the responses were funny and others were right to the point, there are several more important issues involved here.
One being that misrepresenting yourselves does not say much for what is being taught to their children and family.
Also if something happens to one of the people who is not registered at the resort (hopefully nothing will) there can be problems with contacting relatives / friends since they will not show in any WDW Resort System.
Just imagine if one of the people gets hurt and relatives / friends cannot be contacted - is that really worth just a few dollars.

DZNEEXPERT
10-05-2003, 05:46 PM
Getting away with it is not the problem. That most likely will happen however, let's say one of the unregistered adults falls in the tub because of a slippery floor or another unregistered adult hurts themselves because of a mishap on Disney's behalf; you think you'll have a case? Nope. The guest would have not been registered which would not make Disney Liable for anything happening to them since they would be considered as a licensee, basically not a guest.

I'd spend the extra buck and get another room. You'll be more comfortable physically and emotionally because if you posed this question, it is obviously bothering you already.

Good luck with your decision.

justhat
10-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Though I'm not a lawyer, I think that the unregistered guest would still have a case to sue if they got hurt as a result of something Disney did. After all, I'll be staying at AKL next week, but if I go to eat at, say, BC and I get hurt, I could still sue Disney if my injury is due to a fault on their part. And what about people who stay offsite? They could still sue if they get hurt while visiting a Disney resort even though they are not registered guests of the resort.

snowwhitemom
10-05-2003, 07:00 PM
I didn't have the time to go through all the post so someone else may have already pointed this out....I would not be nearly as worried with what Disney was going to think as the older children that I am teaching to steal.:rolleyes: If its not one thing its your in-laws. I know your pain.

caribbeanme
10-05-2003, 07:23 PM
hey justthat!

that's an interesting distinction. if the areas are open to the public, not only registered guests (like restaurants and common areas), then unregistered guests are not licensees-- they are guests of the hotel in those designated public areas ("invitees".) invitees are due a duty of due care, and the company generally owes a duty to inspect the premises and erect safeguards to make the premises reasonably safe.

but if the person is actively enjoying resort guest-only areas: a room, the pool, or in the concierge area, then they are technically not invitees, and disney has more defenses against their recovery for things that happen to them. they are "licensees," or "trespassers", depending on the intricacies of hotel-specific law, which i have no idea about :) then other things come into play-- did disney know they were there, did disney take due care, etc.. i'm not saying that they won't recover, but they wouldn't be treated the same as a paying guest.

legalese, but it's been around since forever (good ol' english common law), and it makes sense in its attempt to strike a balance between an owner's rights and the rights of the public...

a nice way to think about it: you should not have to pay someone's injuries if they walked onto areas of your property that they are not supposed to be at (and you had no reason to think they would be there). but it makes sense that you should keep your front steps in tip top shape if you expect or know that the postman or others walk up them.

anyway, back to the topic :p. i'm always for following the rules. mostly because there usually is a way to follow them, but also because sometimes "harmless" transgressions end up costing you more than you ever thought they would...

:earsgirl:

kylara
10-05-2003, 07:43 PM
Could they get away with it...possibly. But if they are caught, they could be made to get an extra room due to fire codes.

Just hope they don't start to feel to cramped and decide your room has a little extra room for them.

GeekChic
10-05-2003, 08:45 PM
If they try it, they're gonna be miserable no matter if they get caught or not! Those rooms are so small I can't stand to be in them with more than just my husband and small daughter.

Kudos to the OP for standing up and saying that her family wouldn't be a part of that nonsense.

I worry what other rules in the parks these folks might be willing to 'bend'...rules usually exist for a reason.

Good luck with your trip!

PTarbay
10-06-2003, 12:16 AM
I think with that many people there really is a good chance the maid would have to notice and there would be a good possibility she would turn them in.She would have to notice all the extra luggage and the toiletries being used besides all the extra work she would have to do.