PDA

View Full Version : What is going on 5/22-5/26/04 at Swan/Dolphin-higher nurse/teacher rates?

hallesrymat
09-30-2003, 01:05 PM
We were planning on staying at the Dolphin for the first 2 nights of our trip Fri. and Sat.(5/21&5/22/04) to save w/ the nurse rate and then are renting BWV points for the rest of the week.(it's a lot of points on the weekend to rent!) When I checked these nights through Dreams Unlimited the 21st was $129 but the 22nd was $205. Actually 5/21-5/25 are $205 and then the rate goes back to $129 for the rest of the week.(including Memorial Day weekend!) I'm just wondering if anyone knows why these particular dates would be higher? I checked many dates in all of Feb, March, April, and May and there are very few where the Nurse rate is $205-most dates are $129. Have I confused everyone already b/c I think I've confused myself w/ this rambling!!:confused:

Anyway, I was just wondering what is going on then. I know it's the week before Memorial Day weekend, but then I would expect the weekend to have higher rates also and it doesn't. Is this going to be an exceptionally busy time at the parks?
So sorry to go on and on and on.... thanks for any input!

Goofball
09-30-2003, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure if I understand whether the first night you want to stay at S/D is $129 or $205. I have been out of the trip-planning loop for a while, so someone please correct me if I am wrong, but it used to be that, if the first night of your stay fell under a discount rate, then the rest of the nights would also have the discount rate applied to them, in which case you would be in business. I hope it turns out this is still how they do it! :)

cindala
09-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Try checking your rates through preferredguest.com, which is the Starwoods site. I've been hunting through both DU and them for the teachers rates and I find what one has available, the other doesn't, and vise a versa. They will also give you the 800 number to call for the nurses discount.

Also try calling the Dolphin directly, and see what their rates are.

zulaya
09-30-2003, 07:33 PM
They might be sold out of nurse/teacher rates for that particular night. There might be a convention in town. Check other sources as someon else might have nurse rates in inventory.