PDA

View Full Version : I'm back! The neurotic staying at the beach club needs more help...

SnackyStacky
09-29-2003, 01:58 PM
Okay, so I realize the Beach Club may not be the best place to get a room view of the fireworks at Epcot. But, so any of the standard view rooms have a view of Spaceship Earth? And also, if I request a king room, do I run the risk of one of those rooms with the murphy bed?

I've read everything there is to read, and checked out ALL of the pictures, and I still feel so clueless!

Thanks so much in advance for all your help!

SnackyStacky
09-29-2003, 04:03 PM
bump for some help! :)

karebear1
09-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Dan-
Are you staying at th BC or the Villas? I have read many post from poeple on the VDC boards that talk about at fantastic biew of EPCOT and SSE from BCV's. Have you visited the DVC Board yet?

stacy6552
09-30-2003, 07:28 AM
I cant imagine that you would get a murphy bed at a deluxe resort.

jel0511
09-30-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by stacy6552
I cant imagine that you would get a murphy bed at a deluxe resort. Actually both the BC and the YC have murphy beds for most of their king bedded rooms. Smacky STacky - I'd guess your chances of getting a room with either a view of Spaceship Earth or Illuminations from a standard room at the BC WITH a king bed is almost statistically impossible. Spaceship Earth is located basically towards the front of the resort, and if you had a BC room that faced the proper way, you'd most likely be looking at the BCV and not Spaceship Earth. They may have been a few rooms, but they are now blocked by BCV. If that's what you truly want, you'll have to try to book at BCV, that is your best bet to get the view you're looking for.

SnackyStacky
09-30-2003, 09:04 AM
My heart is set on the view, and I was going to request a king bed, but it's not absolutely necessary. I just don't want to request it and end up with one of those murphy rooms when it would be nice, but not of utmost importance.

And actually, I was thinking about the Villas, but they haven't released rates for them yet, so I'll check into them a little later.

Thanks everyone for your help. Keep it coming! :)

Divamomto3
09-30-2003, 09:10 AM
But there aren't "Murphy" beds at BC and YC, but "Daybeds." A Murphy bed folds up into the wall...like they have at the Fort Wilderness Cabins. A Daybed looks like a nice couch with pillows on it. But it's long enough for someone to sleep on it.

SnackyStacky
09-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Photos (http://www.wdwig.com/bc_king1.jpg) here.

The king beds are in fact murphy beds. I understand the difference between daybeds and the murphy, and I REALLY don't want a murphy bed. :)

karebear1
09-30-2003, 09:19 AM
I'd go over to the DVC Rent board. Read a little so you can get familiar with that site and post that you need some points. If you need specific details, please feel free to pm me. While discounts are good and fine to wait for, renting points from someone that owns DVC is going to be less then waiting for a deal from CRO.

HM
09-30-2003, 10:13 AM
OR--- Stay at the Boardwalk Inn. There are a lot of standard rooms with a view of the back of the Worldshowcase there. We watched Illuminations from our balcony one night. It's a great resort. -HM

Divamomto3
09-30-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by SnackyStacky
Photos (http://www.wdwig.com/bc_king1.jpg) here.

The king beds are in fact murphy beds. I understand the difference between daybeds and the murphy, and I REALLY don't want a murphy bed. :)

Ewww...that does not look comfortable at all.

Is that in the villas? I'm confused. We had 2 queens and a daybed in the yacht club. My sister had a king. it was definitely a regular king bed and not a murphy.

SnackyStacky
09-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Divamom (love your username, by the way!):

There are some regular king beds, but there are also the murphy beds. And they are at the Beach Club Resort, not the villas. That's why your sister had a regular king, and why I'm very wary of asking for a king room! :)

HM - it was SUCH a close call between the Boardwalk and the Beach Club. The Beach Club won out in the end because of Stormalong Bay, but it was a very tough cal between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk.

Mrs. Snowgod
09-30-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by SnackyStacky
My heart is set on the view, and I was going to request a king bed, but it's not absolutely necessary. I just don't want to request it and end up with one of those murphy rooms when it would be nice, but not of utmost importance.

And actually, I was thinking about the Villas, but they haven't released rates for them yet, so I'll check into them a little later.

Thanks everyone for your help. Keep it coming! :)

Hi there SnackyStacky,

Just a little word of caution here regarding the idea of renting points and having your heart set on a particular view. I'm a DVC owner, and while we can make requests, they are not guaranteed unless for something medically necessary.

It appears you are planning now for your honeymoon... I don't know if DVC or CRO will make exceptions (to the "no guarantee" policy) for events like that, but before you get too much closer, you may want to rethink your perspective on the view.

If you've chosen BC for SAB, that's a great reason - and something you can certainly count on. They just refurbished it, so there is little likelihood that they'll close it in a year. On the other hand, there are so many romantic places from which to watch Illuminations that the balcony of your room may pale by comparison to the bridge to the International Gateway, a bench by the lake, or several other spots that you could find.

Please understand that I intend this advice in the most constructive possible way :) - often times the most magic comes when you haven't planned it, and having your heart set on something so subject to chance, this far in advance, may well set you up for dissappointment.

What ever happens, I hope it is wonderful and that you continue to have fun planning!

SnackyStacky
09-30-2003, 09:11 PM
Mrs. Snowgood -

I appreciate VERY much your constructive advice! In fact, it does really help.

While I am concerning myself a WHOLE lot with the view, it's more because I'm afraid of what I DON'T want. Everything I've read says to splurge for the water view rooms because you run a LOT of risk of overlooking some ugly rooftops. As long as I don't have that, I'll be plenty happy.

And thank you for the information regarding the villas. Actually, I was considering the villas more because they come with a fridge and microwave. The only drawback is the lack of housekeeping, as well as the villas being quite far from stormalong bay. So I think that coupled with your advice regarding requesting views, and the fact that on a honeymoon, it'd be really nice to come home to a nice made bed, I'll keep my reservation at the resort, and save the villas for another trip.

I really do appreciate your help!!!

K9pal
10-01-2003, 07:42 AM
Hi SnackyStacky,

I really think you'd be happy with the garden view standard room we had at the BC (4584). Although it had 2 queens, the view of the Epcot fireworks was excellent. Of course, you can't see the ground ones from anywhere except inside Epcot. On your fax, I'd tell the room assigner that you'll be on your honeymoon and a view of the Epcot fireworks is very important. We could not see Spaceship Earth because it was blocked by the BCV.
I've posted one more photo on my BC album at http://community.webshots.com (username K9pal). This is the view of the BC wing that was to the right of our balcony, and in it you can see both a full balcony and one of the tiny standing balconies also. The guests in these rooms could also view the fireworks by looking to their right from their balconies. Since you're going in a slow season, I would think you wouldn't have much of a problem getting your requests. And Mrs. Snowgod is right - there are many places nearby to view Illuminations - from the BC beach (deserted at night!) to the YC/BC Marina dock.

CoolDisneyCat
10-01-2003, 10:54 PM
I wanted to be sure that you knew that you can pay a fee to have daily housekeeping at the Villas. I think it is $25, but I could be wrong. We actually enjoy the maids not interupted us when we are napping or relaxing in the room.

We watched Illuminations from one of the hottubs at Stormalong Bay one time. Granted, we only had a partial view, but it was great! We had no idea we could see it from there or even that is was 9 o'clock. Love the Disney surprises!

We have stayed at the BC 3 times. You will love it.:D

Sammie
10-02-2003, 12:23 AM
Please be aware that requests for certain views are not guaranteed, I would hate for you to be very disappointed if you don't get the view of your choice.

As to faxing, several CM's have posted on other forums that the faxing has become so over used that many room assigners will not even look at a fax and use only the information in the computer when your reservation is downloaded to the resort from CRO. Just for your info.

Good luck, there are many excellent locations and the best view of Epcot fireworks is to be there in person. :)

SnackyStacky
10-02-2003, 10:47 AM
I'm well aware that requests aren't ever guaranteed. That's actually why I'm going crazy with deciding whether to pay for the water view or stick with the standard view. I'm afraid of ending up with a view of some ugly rooftops if I don't get my requests.

I'm also going to book an early flight so as to get there as EARLY as I can to stand a better chance of getting a good room.

Thanks again everyone for all the advice, stories, and help. I do appreciate it.

Also, just thought I'd share that I was able to make room requests over E-Mail for my reservation. If anyone would rather save the long distance call if you're just making room requests, you can go to DisneyWorld.com, click on guest services. Just include your reservation number, and ask them to note your requests on your reservation.