View Full Version : Advice please! I need one more day at GF 11/8

09-29-2003, 02:30 PM
We arrive at the GF 11/6 and want to depart 11/9. We have the 6th and 7th but cannot get the 8th. We are celebrating a major b-day this trip and have a back-up resort but REALLY want to spend the entire trip at the GF and especially do not want to move. When I made the reservations I was sure that getting this last day wouldn't be that big a deal. Something would open up. I have called CRO and I check the website at least once a day but my hopes are starting to dim. I already know this is an extremely busy weekend and would go another time but for that pesky b-day.

Please give me your advice about the best way for me to score big points with my family and come through with this room!


09-29-2003, 04:56 PM
My only advice is to not give up trying and I find that if you call on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday, you seem to have the most luck. I don't know why this is for me, but I do. I just had luck over the weekend for both of the changes I wanted to make with my existing ressie (did you notice I am leaving in a little over 3 weeks ;) ). Anyway, just keep trying and don't give up.

09-29-2003, 08:17 PM
I hope you get good news soon, but if not, still be optimistic. I was told by a CRO CM to definitely keep trying, and to especially call when it's time for people to cancel without losing their deposit (5 days prior, if booked through CRO for room only). This proved to be true for us. We got a room a few days before arriving ---- however, it wasn't during this busy a period. Sometimes we used to have difficulty getting Saturday night reservations, and CMs would put me on hold and call the resort directly --- not sure what was going on, but we usually got the Saturday night then. But only a few CMs ever made the effort to do this.

So, don't stop calling! (and hope you have a grand birthday celebration)

TDC Nala
09-29-2003, 08:35 PM
I wanted the GF for 11/8 too... couldn't get it. I understand all the deluxes are booked for that day... it's Super Soap weekend, the end of Jersey week, the food & wine festival... I've got a reservation at Coronado Springs for that night which was all that was available besides the Allstars. Sunday I'm moving to DVC accommodations at BCV.

Keep trying... maybe you'll hit a cancellation.

09-30-2003, 05:25 PM
Thanks for your responses - if I don't get the room until five days out what do I do with my backup reservation, also at a Disney resort? Will they let me cancel that without penalty??

Being patient is really hard!

09-30-2003, 06:47 PM
Being patient IS hard, especially when you're trying to make special plans. When our room came through a few days before arrival, it was no problem to cancel the old ressie, especially since we were spending more $$$$ for the new room. :-)

It was more like 'switching' reservations, not cancelling completely. BUT, Disney policies do change, so it would be good to double check with CRO. Keep asking at the GF desk, even after you check in. We've also tried to extend our stay after we've checked in and there were no rooms available. The room suddenly appeared -- although it's a bit nerve-wracking to wait.

Best of luck!

09-30-2003, 09:38 PM
Keep calling! I was able to add 2 more days onto our stay at the GF during Christmas/NewYear's week last year. I had made the original res in August and decided to add more days on. I heard alot of "nothing available" until I finally got the extra days.

10-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Thanks for all your kind words - and keep your fingers crossed for me!

SB in KY
10-01-2003, 07:49 PM
2 or 3 times in the past 5 years we have been in similar situations (twice at the CR and once at the Poly) and when we checked in we let them know we REALLY wanted the extra night. They always said to check back the day before checkout and they would see what they could do. Maybe we have just been lucky but each time they always told us it was not a problem to stay when we checked back and they always billed the room at the rate we had for the rest of the stay (each time it was on an AP discount)... so if all else fails look pitiful and beg upon arrival!!
Good luck.