PDA

View Full Version : Just back...AKL Upgraded

uofl
09-29-2003, 12:51 PM
We just got back yesterday from a wonderful trip. We stayed at the AKL and we were upgraded to a to savannah view on the kudu trail we had a great view and saw animals all of the time we really did enjoy the resort.

robinb
09-29-2003, 04:50 PM
I'm glad you were upgraded. We were upgraded too and it was great!

Did you eat at the Mara? We only refilled mugs there and didn't eat. If so, how was it?

johnsonet
09-29-2003, 05:09 PM
Hi. I'm glad you had a nice trip.
Did the resort seem crowded? How about the pool? Did you travel with children? Did they or you do any of the resort activities like crafts by the pool for kids or storytelling by the firepit? Thanks!

uofl
10-02-2003, 08:34 AM
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. No we never ate at Mara, but we did eat at Boma one night it was okay but not really my cup of tea.

I really did not think that the resort seemed crowded. My son is only 2 so we did not do any of the resort activities.

jdads2
10-02-2003, 08:45 AM
We were lucky last year. I had reserved 2 connecting deluxe savannah view rooms. My dad is in a wheelchair and I knew he would enjoy the view incase he couldn't make it to the parks. Turns out they were doing construction on the savannah we were on and there wouldn't be any animals. We were bumped up to 2 deluxe concierge rooms. Seems that I read alot of these type of upgrades or upsells for folks staying at AKL

Gette88
10-02-2003, 09:11 AM
We were also upgraded to a savannah view at AKL. I booked adjoining rooms, standard view. We got adjoining rooms one with bunks (DD's loved it) with a savannah view. What a great surprise. We loved it.
We ate at Mara and liked it.
DD and her friend went on a scavenger hunt at the pool and we did the night vision goggles. We LOVE AKL. :D